Thread: D2 - Definitly the toughest route to State

Default D2 - Definitly the toughest route to State

ET has dodged (pardon the pun) a huge bullet, by not having to face SLC in D1. Trinity now faces Fossil Ridge and I hope ET show Fossil Ridge some gratitude for giving them a clear run to the State Championship Game - No SLC, no Longview - both of which were possibilities. ET fans please do not get me wrong, I wish you very success, as I now genuinely believe you can make it to the State Championship game to play North Shore or Westfielda nd bring another State Title back to the DFW Metroplex!!.

D2, however, is clearly the more difficult route and now looks totally different to what was being predicted, with Abilene, Lufkin, Longview, SLC, Katy, Carter to name but a few. 7 of this website’s top 10 teams are in D2. There is no doubt that D2 is the more difficult Championship to win, but there so many possibilities to look forward to. Abilene must be relishing the chance to gain revenge over SLC. The annual Longview-Lufkin match up. Lufkin wanting a rematch against SLC and Longview wanting to meet SLC for the first time. SLC wanting revenge for that single 5a loss against Katy. Let’s not forget the other great teams waiting to play some of the top ranked teams; Plano, Cove, Schertz Clemens and do not forget Smithson Valley lurking in region 4. This is great – bring on the play-offs.

All-State

Default Re: D2 - Definitly the toughest route to State

Quote Originally Posted by toonman
    ET has dodged (pardon the pun) a huge bullet, by not having to face SLC in D1. Trinity now faces Fossil Ridge and I hope ET show Fossil Ridge some gratitude for giving them a clear run to the State Championship Game - No SLC, no Longview - both of which were possibilities. ET fans please do not get me wrong, I wish you very success, as I now genuinely believe you can make it to the State Championship game to play North Shore or Westfielda nd bring another State Title back to the DFW Metroplex!!.

D2, however, is clearly the more difficult route and now looks totally different to what was being predicted, with Abilene, Lufkin, Longview, SLC, Katy, Carter to name but a few. 7 of this website’s top 10 teams are in D2. There is no doubt that D2 is the more difficult Championship to win, but there so many possibilities to look forward to. Abilene must be relishing the chance to gain revenge over SLC. The annual Longview-Lufkin match up. Lufkin wanting a rematch against SLC and Longview wanting to meet SLC for the first time. SLC wanting revenge for that single 5a loss against Katy. Let’s not forget the other great teams waiting to play some of the top ranked teams; Plano, Cove, Schertz Clemens and do not forget Smithson Valley lurking in region 4. This is great – bring on the play-offs.
    Longview would love to mix it up with Katy, they knocked us off in 1997, when we were ranked number 3 in the nation, so yes it will be interesting.

Don't flatter urself Toonman, Trinity didn't dodge anything, as I recall it was quite a few Southlake backers who were RELIEVED to hear that Fossil Ridge was winning, just check the scores thread. But that's irrevelant what's truly entertaining about D2 is all those team beating their chest about whipping up on weak districts are FORCED to collide. The SLC fans, the Lufkin fans, the Longview fans, the Plano fans, the Abilene fans CAN"T ALL BE RIGHT. Personally in D2 GO KATY TIGERS!!!!

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse03
    Don't flatter urself Toonman, Trinity didn't dodge anything, as I recall it was quite a few Southlake backers who were RELIEVED to hear that Fossil Ridge was winning, just check the scores thread. But that's irrevelant what's truly entertaining about D2 is all those team beating their chest about whipping up on weak districts are FORCED to collide. The SLC fans, the Lufkin fans, the Longview fans, the Plano fans, the Abilene fans CAN"T ALL BE RIGHT. Personally in D2 GO KATY TIGERS!!!!
    What's really funny about this post is that all of the teams that TrojanHorse mocks have taken care of business and have won a ring. That's something the Trojans have never done. He's hardly in any position to talk smack.

What r u talking about. I just said I'm EXCITED about all those teams participating in the high school version of SURVIVOR, it wont be long before it gets really bloody on the boards.

All-World

My 2 cents worth but again REGION II in a monster. No offense to SLC fans.

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by FootballJunkie
    My 2 cents worth but again REGION II in a monster. No offense to SLC fans.
    Why would that be offensive to SLC fans? Region 2 IS a monster. It was a monster the last three years. SLC needs to take care of it's own business and if they do that, everything will be fine. The Region 2 champ is always awesome, but the Region 1 champ has been slightly better the last 3 years.

Talking Re: D2 - Definitly the toughest route to State

D2 playoffs are going to be awsome to watch this year. Evan for me bescouse I play for the Abilene High Eagles varsity. But first things first for all teams in the playoffs this year including us. And that is the first game. Our first game will be against Wetherford. If anyone know anything about this team please reply. Im interested to know what they r all about becouse this is their first time in the 5A playoffs.

Starter

Division II is always tough as far as I am concerned. I am happy the Abilene High Eagles are there. We have a saying if you are going to be the best, you have to beat the best. DII is where it is at!

Quote Originally Posted by eagleii
    Division II is always tough as far as I am concerned. I am happy the Abilene High Eagles are there. We have a saying if you are going to be the best, you have to beat the best. DII is where it is at!

Yup but there is also another great saying we have, and that is "To be the man u have to beet the man"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse03

Not the SLC Fans I talked to. In D1 there was one potentially hard game against ET, who only really showed anything against weak district teams and struggled against SGP and I-Mac. I think ET is more relieved than SLC. Look what SLC faces on the way to State in D2. Abilene, Plano/Lufkin or Longview/then probably Katy - All unbeaten teams. If ET does not get to State, then you never will, as there is no better opportunity, as your biggest threat (SLC) has been removed. The SLC fans I talked wanted to go D1 for a number reasons;

1). To play ET
    2). To play different teams from D2 in 5a
    3). To win State at both classifications to really show that SLC are the #1 in Texas5A

All-World

trinity struggled with sgp, and mac??? everybody struggled against these three, the only losses between the three are against each other, they
    are a combined 27-3, all 3 are very good teams,,
    trinity beat everybody by at least 27 points except for these two
    teams, and had avg almost 500 yds and 29.5 points against them,

and believe me, TRINITY REALLY wanted to play CARROLL,,,
    and as far as a WEAK SCHEDULE, caroll's was much weaker than
    trinity's, im sure you would agree...........

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Not the SLC Fans I talked to. In D1 there was one potentially hard game against ET, who only really showed anything against weak district teams and struggled against SGP and I-Mac. I think ET is more relieved than SLC. Look what SLC faces on the way to State in D2. Abilene, Plano/Lufkin or Longview/then probably Katy - All unbeaten teams. If ET does not get to State, then you never will, as there is no better opportunity, as your biggest threat (SLC) has been removed. The SLC fans I talked wanted to go D1 for a number reasons;

1). To play ET
    2). To play different teams from D2 in 5a
    3). To win State at both classifications to really show that SLC are the #1 in Texas5A
    The Carroll fans I talked to wanted to go D2 so that they would be able to play an extra game and have the season last one more week.
    "You waste your time with these wise crack combacks. I read no more than the first sentence"~zippy

All-District

Cool Re: D2 - Definitly the toughest route to State

It is amazing how quickly things change in Texas HS Football. Most of the big dogs projected to go DI. Now they are DII. Plenty of teams hoping to avenge losses to the others. SLC to Katy. Katy to SV, Schertz Clemens to Katy, Longview to Katy, Katy to Lufkin (2 x's in regular season), Lufkin to SLC and I know there are plenty of others in this elite group of ranked teams. And then we have the cinderellas that are hoping to knock off one or more of these teams at the top of Texas fooball. No place but Texas!!
    Yes "LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN"! We hope to see one of you in week 16!!
    KATY TIGERS 19-5A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS!!!
    KATY HOME OF CHAMPIONS!!

All-District

hays really has a very tough schedule
    after round rock we would face 10-0 lufkin,then if we won we would face 10-0 longview then if we won we would either face 10-0 dallas carter or 10-0 coperas cove,then if we win we would face either 10-0 abeline or 10-0 southlake carroll if we somehow won we would face either 10-0 clemens or 8-2 smithson valley

All-Galaxy

3). . . . . to really show that SLC are the #1 in Texas5A
    I don't think there is any doubt of that over the last three years. This year? We'll are about ready to find out.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

toon is right. d-1 would have meant 1 difficult game before the finals. trinity is almost a given to play on tv now. such is life, i too am looking for some revenge, as kt has been a bur in my craw for years. what else do i have to do for the next six weeks.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

All-District

you guys are the best in the country in my opinion,i am afraid if we would have to face you

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfootballfan
    The Carroll fans I talked to wanted to go D2 so that they would be able to play an extra game and have the season last one more week.
    That's the way we feel here in Katy too! Best Christmas present ever - getting to the Big Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by da wiz
    trinity struggled with sgp, and mac??? everybody struggled against these three, the only losses between the three are against each other, they
    are a combined 27-3, all 3 are very good teams,,
    trinity beat everybody by at least 27 points except for these two
    teams, and had avg almost 500 yds and 29.5 points against them,

and believe me, TRINITY REALLY wanted to play CARROLL,,,
    and as far as a WEAK SCHEDULE, caroll's was much weaker than
    trinity's, im sure you would agree...........
    I do agree - but at least SLC won all their games. Won the District outright and did not have to settle for a 3-way share.