Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slc Vs. Et

Starter

Default Slc Vs. Et

so looks like the dream match up is going to happen. can ET secondary hold the SLC offense? well see... can the SLC defense stop trinitys running game? highly doubt it... guess well find out the first round ladies and gents... i see ET pulling an upset if SLC cant maintain the two horses, Nance and Handy, lethal combo. If Mcelroy and the speedsters play there best they might manhandle the secondary of ET.

Default Re: Slc Vs. Et

Carroll is D2 and will be playing Irving MacArthur next Saturday...it's official.

Starter

i thought if grapevine wins slc will go d1... guess i was wrong... crap, really wanted to see that matchup.

Starter

Mac will defeat Slc...i really predict that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by go_hawgs_04

i posted wrong information, guess it is better to look before I post.
    I thought with Mac's win over SGP they would be the 1 seed in D2, I guess they are not which does not make much sense to me.
    Last edited by farmerfan; 11-05-2005 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfan
    i posted wrong information, guess it is better to look before I post.
    I thought with Mac's win over SGP they would be the 1 seed in D2, I guess they are not which does not make much sense to me.

That is strange! If they finished with the same district mark wouldn't the tie breaker be head-to-head competition?

Answer: Check this thread - http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum...ead.php?t=3145
    Last edited by cougardude; 11-05-2005 at 07:46 AM.
    ​2013 Cooper Cougar Football - Thanks for an amazing season!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cougardude
    That is strange! If they finished with the same district mark wouldn't the tie breaker be head-to-head competition?

Answer: Check this thread - http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum...ead.php?t=3145

that is what I would think. It makes sense with Trinity going D1 to decide the seeding in d2 on head to head, but I guess not. I was looking forward to seeing Carroll/SGP if we did not get the Trinity/Carroll game.

Scout Teamer

I think you will see a sgp carroll match up in the regional finals. I dont think irv mac has what it takes 2 beat carroll, but sgp might. Trinity should have beaten irv mac by a significantly larger amount. Trinity's Defense is moving very sluggish as of late causing their offense 2 stay on the sidelines. Sgp had a good game plan, hopefully trinity's d can pressure the qb's in the playoffs if they want a state title. D1 is looking very stacked, I see a lot of teams that could really make it hard for carroll to repeat.

All-District

Cool Re: Slc Vs. Et

Don't you mean DII is stacked and SLC will have a tough time repeating there? It had appeared a couple of weeks back that DI would have most of the big dogs. How quickly things change in Texas HS Football!!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar

so looks like the dream match up is going to happen. can ET secondary hold the SLC offense? well see... can the SLC defense stop trinitys running game? highly doubt it... guess well find out the first round ladies and gents... i see ET pulling an upset if SLC cant maintain the two horses, Nance and Handy, lethal combo. If Mcelroy and the speedsters play there best they might manhandle the secondary of ET.
    you must feel stupid now huh??
    FOF

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar

for some reason im going with SLC defeats Mac
    FOF

Quote Originally Posted by dragons08
    for some reason im going with SLC defeats Mac
    I agree. I know history does not count for this game, but we all like to refer to what has happened in the past. I believe that SLC has owned I-Mac in the play-offs in recent years.

Starter

hawg:

I guess since you made this prediction the Dragons should just not show up for the Mac contest...............naw, I think we will play the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by toonman
    I agree. I know history does not count for this game, but we all like to refer to what has happened in the past. I believe that SLC has owned I-Mac in the play-offs in recent years.
    Actually I believe 3 years ago (SLC's 1st year in 5A) they were the 1st team to really give us a run for our money. I remember many mistakes on our side and a good I-Mac Defense taking the game down to the last few in the 4th. BUT we've played a lot of ball between now and way back then so I could be mistaken

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixrising05
    Actually I believe 3 years ago (SLC's 1st year in 5A) they were the 1st team to really give us a run for our money. I remember many mistakes on our side and a good I-Mac Defense taking the game down to the last few in the 4th. BUT we've played a lot of ball between now and way back then so I could be mistaken
    actually that 14 point win should have been a 21 point win as the second team went in to take a knee on the 3 yard line and a fumbled snap let macarthur scored a defensive touchdown right before time expired
    "You waste your time with these wise crack combacks. I read no more than the first sentence"~zippy

yah IMAC won't be able to hold SLC under 35 this game. it will be a good game until 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixrising05
    I got my facts from your website :-

2002 SLC 31 IM 21
    2003 SLC 55 IM 14

I think you must been thinking about the 2002 SLC vs Arlington Sam Houston game - that was only SLC 19 ASH 16.
    Last edited by toonman; 11-07-2005 at 01:25 PM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

no we let imac back in the game with a fumble/td on a wasson scramble on the last play of the half, and never put them away, despite almost nothing out of imac, except some decent d. i wouldn't say they tested us much.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

Quote Originally Posted by toonman
    I got my facts from your website :-

2002 SLC 31 IM 21
    2003 SLC 55 IM 14

I think you must been thinking out the 2002 SLC vs Arlington Sam Houston game - that was only SLC 19 ASH 16.
    Toonman you're 100% correct that is exactly who I was thinking of. The I-Mac game was never in question it was Sam Houston that gave us the trouble. Dang the public humiliation in being proven wrong!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by luckyfighter05
    I think you will see a sgp carroll match up in the regional finals. I dont think irv mac has what it takes 2 beat carroll, but sgp might. Trinity should have beaten irv mac by a significantly larger amount. Trinity's Defense is moving very sluggish as of late causing their offense 2 stay on the sidelines. Sgp had a good game plan, hopefully trinity's d can pressure the qb's in the playoffs if they want a state title. D1 is looking very stacked, I see a lot of teams that could really make it hard for carroll to repeat.
    Trinity's d has looked slow....I heard from a good source that 6 of our players
    had the stomach flu the week of the SGP game and didn't practice. I am sure they were exhausted after that game and then had to face another tought match up with IMAC. No excuses ...I didn't know this until recently when an insider told me...ALSO notice not even mentioned by Lineweaver and crew.