Thread: 22-5A distric Championship

Default 22-5A distric Championship

Who will win between Westfield and Humble and what advantages does each team have?

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Mr. Buddy Garrity's Avatar
    Floating on a mat in the West Texas breeze in Abilene via Port Arthur Tx

Default Re: 22-5A distric Championship

Westfield---the advantage is their team.
    I smell Football in the West Texas breeze....

Follow me on Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by scooter!
    Westfield---the advantage is their team.
    Scooter, Good luck to your Titans on Friday! I was fortunate to have the opportunity to see both the Westfield/Westbrook game on friday and the Humble/PA game on saturday.

The Humble/PA game was mostly about penelties; however, if PA can stop the Westbrook passing game then your going to the playoffs. PA did a decent job of creating some Jerrod misfires but Humble is a more balanced team than Westbrook.

Before I get accused of a highjack, I'll move back to the subject of this thread...Westfield v. Humble...

Both have talented QB's but I give the edge to Westfield. Jerrod throws a bullet that's too often missed by the intended. Westfield's running game seems more effective as well with the combo of Sweeney and Stewart while Humble rides on Tunley. Tunley is very good but not many have been effective running against Westfield so you better bring your passing game to have any chance. Humble's pass defense is vulnerable.

Against only District opponents, here are the stats...

Humble average scoring/allowed 33/15
    Westfield average scoring/allowed 50/7

Humble average total offense/allowed 370/283
    Westfield average total offense/allowed 463/160

Westfield wins this one!

Starter

Westfield has it going on - this program has been a sleeping GIANT for quite a few years now. It just took the right coach to wake it up!

Quote Originally Posted by stangsfan
    Scooter, Good luck to your Titans on Friday! I was fortunate to have the opportunity to see both the Westfield/Westbrook game on friday and the Humble/PA game on saturday.

The Humble/PA game was mostly about penelties; however, if PA can stop the Westbrook passing game then your going to the playoffs. PA did a decent job of creating some Jerrod misfires but Humble is a more balanced team than Westbrook.

Before I get accused of a highjack, I'll move back to the subject of this thread...Westfield v. Humble...

Both have talented QB's but I give the edge to Westfield. Jerrod throws a bullet that's too often missed by the intended. Westfield's running game seems more effective as well with the combo of Sweeney and Stewart while Humble rides on Tunley. Tunley is very good but not many have been effective running against Westfield so you better bring your passing game to have any chance. Humble's pass defense is vulnerable.

Against only District opponents, here are the stats...

Humble average scoring/allowed 33/15
    Westfield average scoring/allowed 50/7

Humble average total offense/allowed 370/283
    Westfield average total offense/allowed 463/160

Westfield wins this one!
    It's a rivalry game so I know the Titans will be PUMPED!

Westfield is just too strong of a team but if Humble gets some turnovers and keep it close they have a chance. But if Westfield gets up on them early it could get ugly by the 3rd QTR.

Starter

Westfield is just too strong of a team but if Humble gets some turnovers and keep it close they have a chance. But if Westfield gets up on them early it could get ugly by the 3rd QTR.
    I just read somwhere that Westfield's QB has 14 TD passes and 0 interceptions this year. WOW! And I remember people talkin bad about him because of last years state final game. Well he has shut everyone up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lonny24
    I just read somwhere that Westfield's QB has 14 TD passes and 0 interceptions this year. WOW! And I remember people talkin bad about him because of last years state final game. Well he has shut everyone up this year.
    All us titan fan knew what he could do. I knew by his senior year he would be a top prospect.

All-State

All us titan fan knew what he could do. I knew by his senior year he would be a top prospect.
    Humble's Jerrod is also good which makes friday's game especially interesting verses Pierre and company. According to the Chronicle, Jerrod is going to A&M.

Should be interesting. I'll be there myself.

I agree, it depends alot on Humble's defense and it they can hold Westfield, but in the same way, out offense has to be productive. If our D is always on the field then it gets real hard to stop a team like Westfield constantly. It will be interesting indeed. It is Westfield's game to lose i believe.