Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: posters poll..c'mon, don't be scared.....

All-Omnipotent Copypasta GoOwls's Avatar
    Garland, Texas...and just keeping it real in The Yard

Default Re: posters poll..c'mon, don't be scared.....

Well, I said after I posted early on in the thread that I'd add some more to my list after I saw how it went, and I gotta admit, you guys have been well behaved. (much better than I usually am)

So I started thinking about posters, and I remembered farmerfan and dragonsdaddy and fav pack and owlfan 1, and I realized that my memory is so bad that I don't remember what I remember you for (side effect of getting old). I mean, I remember tons of you guys, but I don't remember if we fought or hugged or trash talked.

Let me just say that whether we fought or hugged or trash talked (my favorite), I think you are all my personal All-Stars, because you guys, different as you are, make this place the wonderful place it is to talk HS football (and to trash talk....we must never forget the trash talk)

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsdaddy
    gracias, that's all i shoot for anyway.
    You've got me beat if we switch languages! I'm good with common foreign words in our vocabulary, but I prefer to speak TEXAN!

Quote Originally Posted by draronfan
    All this talk and no love for the spelling challenged Draronfan!
    I never gave you any love because you didn't spell your name right!

Seriously, it takes time, but you'll be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons08
    Jr. Jeopardy, only knew first round huh? isnt that like kids jeopardy??
    I only watched the first round from a distance. The TV was about 50 feet from where I was working and standing. I didn't watch the 2nd round after I missed a question. It was for kids around 12-14. I only wanted to see if I could get every question right.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOwls4X56636499
    Well, I said after I posted early on in the thread that I'd add some more to my list after I saw how it went, and I gotta admit, you guys have been well behaved. (much better than I usually am)

So I started thinking about posters, and I remembered farmerfan and dragonsdaddy and fav pack and owlfan 1, and I realized that my memory is so bad that I don't remember what I remember you for (side effect of getting old). I mean, I remember tons of you guys, but I don't remember if we fought or hugged or trash talked.

Let me just say that whether we fought or hugged or trash talked (my favorite), I think you are all my personal All-Stars, because you guys, different as you are, make this place the wonderful place it is to talk HS football (and to trash talk....we must never forget the trash talk)
    I'd hate this place if I couldn't talk trash. It's natural for me to say stuff and I don't even care if I say it about myself or my team!

All-Galaxy

most loyal - cant count out that Redskins88 kid. He goes to school from 8-3 and he is on here from 3-12. Redskins, you have to find a girl dude...

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfan
    Thanks wide-e and G-Town
    Wide we still need to get together over a few drinks and talk some baseball, none of my friends around here like to talk baseball, and it is one of my favorite things to do.

If I were to give awards

The Professor- DDaddy, there are many times i am dumbfounded after reading some of his post.

Cliff Claven award - Lonny (your post about the jeopardy episode was priceless)

Most knowledgeable in HS football - kt2000 and ktchamp97, all of us are minor league compared to these two guys.

Most knowledgeable sports fan - Wide- the guy will amaze people with his knowledge

Funniest - Wide, nuff said

Biggest fan of his own team - Pack 0808

most knowledgeable college football fan - jtk- the guy is amazing

most loyal poster - tie, lonny and D08.

5A Texas Football.com Community Veteran

As far as the history of HS football, I have to give it to Farmerfan, the stuff he quotes from the past amazes me. It might be D-daddy, but half the time I can't figure out what he is saying and I'm too lazy to get out a dictionary.

As far as current info, KT2000 without a doubt. My friends think I am a bit rediculous about how much I know about HS football around the state, but they have no idea what kind of HS football geeks hang out on this board. KT2000 knows about kids in small towns of remote Texas I have never heard of, and he keeps up with who is who in every 5A district in the state.

wide-e-wide

Thanks wide-e and G-Town
    Wide we still need to get together over a few drinks and talk some baseball, none of my friends around here like to talk baseball, and it is one of my favorite things to do.

If I were to give awards

The Professor- DDaddy, there are many times i am dumbfounded after reading some of his post.

Cliff Claven award - Lonny (your post about the jeopardy episode was priceless)

Most knowledgeable in HS football - kt2000 and ktchamp97, all of us are minor league compared to these two guys.

Most knowledgeable sports fan - Wide- the guy will amaze people with his knowledge

Funniest - Wide, nuff said

Biggest fan of his own team - Pack 0808

most knowledgeable college football fan - jtk- the guy is amazing

most loyal poster - tie, lonny and D08.
    Thanks Farmer...let me know when you are in Waco and we can hook up for a beer or 5 and talk some sports. That would be awesome to tell the truth. Nobody here in Waco wants to talk sports either. They all want to talk about Baylor. That conversation can only last 10 minutes tops....It always ends up with either....the Lady Bears...or the 1974 Cotton Bowl. And that's when Wide loses interest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Garland02
    As far as the history of HS football, I have to give it to Farmerfan, the stuff he quotes from the past amazes me. It might be D-daddy, but half the time I can't figure out what he is saying and I'm too lazy to get out a dictionary.

As far as current info, KT2000 without a doubt. My friends think I am a bit rediculous about how much I know about HS football around the state, but they have no idea what kind of HS football geeks hang out on this board. KT2000 knows about kids in small towns of remote Texas I have never heard of, and he keeps up with who is who in every 5A district in the state.

The history part comes from my late father, our special time together always involved sports, rather it be playing catch, or him throwing whiffle balls at me or even going out to the drive way to shoot hoops, we always had a special bond playing sports and watching sports, he took me to my first playoff game in 87, and we loved it. The following year, we followed Paris High in their memorable state championship season catching games against Denison, Cleburne and West Orange Stark. I guess I was blessed in being born when I was,considering Lewisville started to re-emerge on the state scene in 1991, I remember them beating a undefeated Hurst LD Bell team in the 1st roudn that year as the game was on a thursday night and I was able to attend, against my mom's wishes. The following week they played against a Mike Adams led Sam Houston Texans, I remember getting sick at school that day and coming home and not saying anything to my mom, my fall baseball team had a tournament in Arlington and I wanted to play badly, well on the way to the game, we had to make a few stops, I did not play in the game, but my Dad let me stay out in the car covered up in blankets with the heater going as I listened to Lewisville get beat. I was in 5th grade in 92 and we went to all three of Lewisville's playoff games that year, we followed up by attending all 6 in 93, and never missed one since, the last season I got to enjoy the playoffs with him was in 96, which was our memorable run to a state title, on our way home from Waco he told me I would never see a team like that again out of Lewisville High school, and looking back he was right. When he passed away, our closest family friend's made sure that I would continue to go to HS football games and it is with them that you can usually find me at a game with.
    The only thing I love as much as MLB and the Boston Red Sox is Texas HS Football, the only thing I love more than the Red Sox and MLB is the Texas HS football playoffs, I have been lucky in that I have seen many games all over the state and it is something I look forward to do with my son or daughter one day.
    Last edited by farmerfan; 10-27-2005 at 08:22 AM.

The history part comes from my late father, our special time together always involved sports, rather it be playing catch, or him throwing whiffle balls at me or even going out to the drive way to shoot hoops, we always had a special bond playing sports and watching sports, he took me to my first playoff game in 87, and we loved it. The following year, we followed Paris High in their memorable state championship season catching games against Denison, Cleburne and West Orange Stark. I guess I was blessed in being born when I was,considering Lewisville started to re-emerge on the state scene in 1991, I remember them beating a undefeated Hurst LD Bell team in the 1st roudn that year as the game was on a thursday night and I was able to attend, against my mom's wishes. The following week they played against a Mike Adams led Sam Houston Texans, I remember getting sick at school that day and coming home and not saying anything to my mom, my fall baseball team had a tournament in Arlington and I wanted to play badly, well on the way to the game, we had to make a few stops, I did not play in the game, but my Dad let me stay out in the car covered up in blankets with the heater going as I listened to Lewisville get beat. I was in 5th grade in 92 and we went to all three of Lewisville's playoff games that year, we followed up by attending all 6 in 93, and never missed one since, the last season I got to enjoy the playoffs with him was in 96, which was our memorable run to a state title, on our way home from Waco he told me I would never see a team like that again out of Lewisville High school, and looking back he was right. When he passed away, our closest family friend's made sure that I would continue to go to HS football games and it is with them that you can usually find me at a game with.
    The only thing I love as much as MLB and the Boston Red Sox is Texas HS Football, the only thing I love more than the Red Sox and MLB is the Texas HS football playoffs, I have been lucky in that I have seen many games all over the state and it is something I look forward to do with my son or daughter one day.
    We shoud've beaten that 1988 Paris team coached by Allen Wilson. I was so happy when Mt. Pleasant went to Paris the next year and won the district title on their field. That was our year, but Tyler Chapel Hill had a killer defense and beat us in the quarterfinals. The highlight of 1989 was beating Henderson in Regionals. They looked just like Daingerfield and had Dennis Alexander as their coach. Boy, I hated Daingerfield!

I would like to thank all those who've mentioned me for various reasons. I really appreciate it. Everybody wants to be liked and respected and you guys are a good bunch to talk to.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member

Most "Spaced Out" Eingeidkid Sp???
    Most "Missed" LPMOM
    Most "Competitive" Lonny, dragon08 and anyone else with 4000 posts
    Most "Sensible" none of us
    Most "Tolerant" The Gurus
    Most "Vulgar" All the banned

I don't have the memory that a lot of you have. I read this stuff and it all runs together. There are so many posters from the Dragon Nation that I don't try to distinguish one from the other unless I look at their post counts. The East Texas boys (between coon huntin', bar hoppin, lady chasin, football goin,) are some of the most loyal to their teams. The Katy boys have been awful quiet this year. Kinda scary 'cause you know they're going to show up later in the season. Northshore, been quiet there too. Westfield only comes around during the playoffs, and the Woods people. Where has Old Duke been? Us Judson folks are in denial. The inevitable is coming and we miss our football team. Who knows what next year will bring. Stay tuned.............
    Sometimes you're the dog
    Sometimes you're the hydrant

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer - Original Member - 2006 Pick 'Em Champion pack0808's Avatar

coon huntin?? LOL I have never been hunting in my life!! Well i did shoot a bird with a bb-gun when i was a kid does that count?? Still some funny stuff b-rock and the rest of the descriptions were fairly accurate.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member

You agree with the rest of the East texas stuff though pack?
    Sometimes you're the dog
    Sometimes you're the hydrant

wide-e-wide

We don't bar hop in Lufkin. We would have if there were enough bars to hop though.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by lonny23
    We shoud've beaten that 1988 Paris team coached by Allen Wilson. I was so happy when Mt. Pleasant went to Paris the next year and won the district title on their field. That was our year, but Tyler Chapel Hill had a killer defense and beat us in the quarterfinals. The highlight of 1989 was beating Henderson in Regionals. They looked just like Daingerfield and had Dennis Alexander as their coach. Boy, I hated Daingerfield!
    I coached at Dallas TJ that year and we played Paris in Paris and had them beat and let the weather and the field and destiny come back to beat us. Even with all that went wrong, we dropped a pass in the endzone as time ran out! We had a special team but they had the "silver crush" jerseys. This was the best and worst high school football game I've ever seen and I had the privilege of being on the sideline for that one.
    How ya' feelin' Red?????? You know!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer - Original Member - 2006 Pick 'Em Champion pack0808's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wide-e-wide
    We don't bar hop in Lufkin. We would have if there were enough bars to hop though.

Just head 20 minutes away to Nac and they have plenty of clubs and bar's with SFA being there. Lufkin has a several but they are not the best by far. I used to love to go to richmond ave in Houston. To answer bull's question!! that describes me at different times in my life besides the coon hunting. LOL I am way past the club hopping and chasing women stage considering i am married with 4 little kids. I definitely fit the football going part no doubt!! I feel much better in the morning now that i just do the football part.

wide-e-wide

Club hopping is over-rated. Beer is over-priced...you run the risk of getting into a fight,being pulled over if you're stupid enough to drive...any number of things could happen. Much safer and cheaper to stay at home.
    And to the young guys...there is absolutely no future in picking up skanks at bars or clubs...don't do it. I know you will anyway...but at least I tried to warn you.

Yeah, Nacogdoches County takes all your money!

Club hopping is over-rated. Beer is over-priced...you run the risk of getting into a fight,being pulled over if you're stupid enough to drive...any number of things could happen. Much safer and cheaper to stay at home.
    And to the young guys...there is absolutely no future in picking up skanks at bars or clubs...don't do it. I know you will anyway...but at least I tried to warn you.
    Man they were called "Roaches" , "Snakes" or "Harps" back in our day Wide. Did you forget?