Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moss to Rockwall Heath?

Default Moss to Rockwall Heath?

According to information from both Scout.com and The Old Coach.com, South Garland's Mickey Moss will leave S. Garland to fill opening at Rockwall Heath. If true, this is a great move for coach Moss - and tough news for SG and the GISD. Homer will have to scramble to replace him (likely with an assistant?).

Banned

Default Re: Moss to Rockwall Heath?

Quote Originally Posted by owlfan 1 View Post
    According to information from both Scout.com and The Old Coach.com, South Garland's Mickey Moss will leave S. Garland to fill opening at Rockwall Heath. If true, this is a great move for coach Moss - and tough news for SG and the GISD. Homer will have to scramble to replace him (likely with an assistant?).
    good

All-State

Moss has left SG in much better position football wise than when he came. The school itself has changed alot. I think that there might just be some top notch candidates for the job. The big questions will be assistants and linebacker.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

I'll ask this question, though it might be obvious.. is Micky Austin's dad? By Austin I mean Austin Moss, All-Everything LB is will be one of the Nation's best in 2008.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE View Post
    I'll ask this question, though it might be obvious.. is Micky Austin's dad? By Austin I mean Austin Moss, All-Everything LB is will be one of the Nation's best in 2008.
    yes

Speculation (and that is all it is) is that Austin will follow his dad wherever he goes...

All-State

things are looking up...btw...he's a helluva guy and has a great family too...

All-State

Speculation (and that is all it is) is that Austin will follow his dad wherever he goes...

no specualtion. Austin will enroll at Heath more than likely the day his Dad goes to work at Heath.

Just a question.. Can he just transfer to another school? Does both districts have to allow it? Is there ANY UIL rule that may cause any issue with this?

I hope there's no issues, but thought I would ask the question for all others to answer (I don't know the answers).
    Anyone can beat Anyone on Any given day !

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ken-in-rockwall View Post
    Just a question.. Can he just transfer to another school? Does both districts have to allow it? Is there ANY UIL rule that may cause any issue with this?

I hope there's no issues, but thought I would ask the question for all others to answer (I don't know the answers).
    No; it's okay within the UIL rules. If a parent(s) moves to a new position within a new school district, then the transfer of any children is perfectly accpetable. The appropriate sign-offs will have to be made, but there should not be any problem.

David McNabb is reporting that coach Moss will be named the HC at Heath at a meeting tonight.

The frontrunner to replace him at South Garland appears to be Keith Fisher, HC of the 2A Division 1 state champ Farmersville Farmers.

Homer's bringing in another good one...

Why would he do that?

I thought South Garland was a better program than Heath... shows what I know.
    PLANO WEST WOLVES
    Class of 2009
    Back The Pack!

Starter

Isn't it Keith Wright of Farmersville? Wonder if he will have the SG receivers in 3-point stances?

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Isn't it Keith Wright of Farmersville? Wonder if he will have the SG receivers in 3-point stances?
    Yes, it is Keith Wright from Farmersville.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Plano West Wolf View Post
    Why would he do that?

$$$$$$

Why would he do that?

Money - ~$80k+ compared to $92k+
    Able to build teams with his program from Middle school (7th) grade up - there is a 'dedicated' middle school that only feeds Heath HS
    Facilities - Heath has one of the best on-site facilities
    Competative - Very hard district (Rockwall, Highland Park, Royse City)
    Future growth - Heath and Rockwall could in the next re-alignment go to 5A due to growth in the area.

Why would he do that?

sorry !! Double-post.. Damn internet connection...
    Last edited by ken-in-rockwall; 02-25-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ken-in-rockwall View Post
    Money - ~$80k+ compared to $92k+
    Able to build teams with his program from Middle school (7th) grade up - there is a 'dedicated' middle school that only feeds Heath HS
    Facilities - Heath has one of the best on-site facilities
    Competative - Very hard district (Rockwall, Highland Park, Royse City)
    Future growth - Heath and Rockwall could in the next re-alignment go to 5A due to growth in the area.
    Thanks! The raise alone would be enough for me to take the job.
    PLANO WEST WOLVES
    Class of 2009
    Back The Pack!

After looking at some Farmersville stats and talking to a couple of folks who are close to that program, it makes little sense to me to bring in Keith Wright. He is a run first coach whose philosophy is all about pounding on the other team and running them over. He had great success at Farmersville after they dropped from 3A to 2A and seems to be a winner, but it seems that bringing him in would be a total departure from what the Colonels have done under Moss - does this team need to be overhauled like that?

Should be interesting...

All-Omnipotent Copypasta GoOwls's Avatar
    Garland, Texas...and just keeping it real in The Yard

Moss left, IMHO, because he lost his QB and, really, South has been competitive recently because they have had a nice string of passing QB's. Without those QB's, South would have been just another run-of-the-mill GISD team....that's the truth...truth be known.

I mean, it's done all the time. Heck, the Royce City coach left for Mesquite Horn for the cash, sure, but he also got moved up to 4A and into a monster of a district that includes Highland Park. He would have the smallest enrolement school in 4A playing in possibly the toughtest 4A district in the state....I'd be out too.

Maybe they are going to a running coach because they don't feel they can support, in talent, a passing game that has been so productive for so long.

With Garland going to the spread, maybe they figure there will be an attraction to South for power players.....

Who knows.....it's all speculation right now.....just my best speculation at this point.
    2013 5A TEXAS HS FOOTBALL COLLEGE TOP GUN "PICK 'EM" CHAMPION

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it......shut up about the 10% and deal with the 90%....you have control over the 90%.

CHARACTER is not found in a bottle, a pipe, a doob, a line, a hit, a needle, or any other means of obsession that alters the mind and creates illusions of grandeur, no matter how hard you look for it there... If you have to prop it up with a substance....it ain't CHARACTER.