Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desoto's Dave Meadows steps down

All-District

Default Desoto's Dave Meadows steps down

Desoto is now looking for a new Head FB Coach, as Dave Meadows has decided to just be the AD there. Besides some wacky parents, this is a great job because of the talent, athleticism, and speed in the program. I watched them play Jesuit in the first round of the playoffs this november, and I was amazed at the talent Desoto possessed.

All-Galaxy

Default Re: Desoto's Dave Meadows steps down

Quote Originally Posted by JCP1984 View Post
    Desoto is now looking for a new Head FB Coach, as Dave Meadows has decided to just be the AD there. Besides some wacky parents, this is a great job because of the talent, athleticism, and speed in the program. I watched them play Jesuit in the first round of the playoffs this november, and I was amazed at the talent Desoto possessed.
    Source?

Not to mention, DeSoto also has some pretty good facilities as well. This is a high profile job.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

All-District

A Desoto player who was at the meeting when Coach Meadows told them of his plans.

All-Galaxy

A Desoto player who was at the meeting when Coach Meadows told them of his plans.
    Ok, I guess it will be announced this week sometime.

All-Galaxy

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

The right coach could make that program into a killer.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    The right coach could make that program into a killer.
    You ain't lying! Great athletes+great facilities+a good coach= a state title contender!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    You ain't lying! Great athletes+great facilities+a good coach= a state title contender!
    Ben Dial was a great coach and he could never get them over the hill. I just don't think Desoto is the kind of program that can take it to the next level.

I don't think the community supports the football program that great programs do and when things don't go right they rise up and pressure the coach to quit after 8 straight years of making the playoffs without 1 losing season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Plano Wildcat Fan View Post
    Ben Dial was a great coach and he could never get them over the hill. I just don't think Desoto is the kind of program that can take it to the next level.

I don't think the community supports the football program that great programs do and when things don't go right they rise up and pressure the coach to quit after 8 straight years of making the playoffs without 1 losing season.
    I actually agree with you. It's time those pampered mommas and daddys realize those kids need to start busting their *** more and take the discipline given from the top. Then they will get what they're after.

All-State

Not sure about that comment about Coach Dial. Were it not for an ice storm, the 93 team probably would have won state.

I have said this many times before, I did not like the way Coach Meadows coached. But I can think of about 30 programs in the Metroplex alone that would like to have had the kind of success DeSoto has had under him. I am ashamed to call myself a graduate of that school. I thought they had more class and integrity than that. I guess I was wrong. :cry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by desotoeaglesgrad View Post
    Not sure about that comment about Coach Dial. Were it not for an ice storm, the 93 team probably would have won state.

I have said this many times before, I did not like the way Coach Meadows coached. But I can think of about 30 programs in the Metroplex alone that would like to have had the kind of success DeSoto has had under him. I am ashamed to call myself a graduate of that school. I thought they had more class and integrity than that. I guess I was wrong. :cry
    Um, NO. You guys would not have beat us that year. Even with a healthy Byron Hanspard. We had the defense to stop him and the offense to not only keep him off the field but put up huge numbers too. We were head and shoulders the best team in D2 that year. Not DeSoto.

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfan View Post
    Um, NO. You guys would not have beat us that year. Even with a healthy Byron Hanspard. We had the defense to stop him and the offense to not only keep him off the field but put up huge numbers too. We were head and shoulders the best team in D2 that year. Not DeSoto.
    I have to agree with you on that. No questions asked.

All-American

The disgruntled parents will get a black coach now that they got rid of Meadows. We will see how that turns out.

All-World

karma is a. desoto will get there's; their was no reason for it.

the down fall of desoto in t-minus 10,9,8,7,6,,5,4.....

what coach in there right mind would want to re-locate there with those crazy parents black or white.
    "IF YOU DO NOT INVEST VERY MUCH, THEN DEFEAT DOES NOT HURT VERY MUCH AND WINNING IS NOT VERY EXCITING" - Dick Vermiel

All-American

Ditto TTG, see PM.

Can't say that I don't agree with you on that one. Coach Dial was one of the best around. I don't have any idea how he was with the players, but, I think it's going to take someone that's hard-nosed to get it done in DeSoto.

As for Coach Meadows, the man consistently won in a district that was always tough with the Arlington, Duncanville, and Cedar Hill schools. Getting rid of Coach Meadows might just come back to haunt DeSoto.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    Can't say that I don't agree with you on that one. Coach Dial was one of the best around. I don't have any idea how he was with the players, but, I think it's going to take someone that's hard-nosed to get it done in DeSoto.

As for Coach Meadows, the man consistently won in a district that was always tough with the Arlington, Duncanville, and Cedar Hill schools. Getting rid of Coach Meadows might just come back to haunt DeSoto.
    Desoto is in the same boat as Duncanville & Cedar Hill. Solid programs that have seen a change in their school make-up. Great athletes abound, good facilities. A growing minority middle class moving in.

A great hard nosed coach probablly wouldn;t work these days and if they did it would have to be a african american coach that obviously the booster club would support. I honestly can't understand how strong that booster club is when I went to the Plano Desoto game in 2005 I think maybe 500 people showed up for Desoto in that first round grame. I think back to Robert Woods who was as hard nosed and tough as they come and knew what it took to be a champion. He left Plano took over Wilmer Hutchins and instilled the Plano mentaility and got them to a state title beating Austin Westlake in sub freezing to win their only title.

The coach today who takes over at Desoto needs to run a pro style offense with an emphasis on the pass.

Desoto is in the same boat as Duncanville & Cedar Hill. Solid programs that have seen a change in their school make-up. Great athletes abound, good facilities. A growing minority middle class moving in.

A great hard nosed coach probablly wouldn;t work these days and if they did it would have to be a african american coach that obviously the booster club would support. I honestly can't understand how strong that booster club is when I went to the Plano Desoto game in 2005 I think maybe 500 people showed up for Desoto in that first round grame. I think back to Robert Woods who was as hard nosed and tough as they come and knew what it took to be a champion. He left Plano took over Wilmer Hutchins and instilled the Plano mentaility and got them to a state title beating Austin Westlake in sub freezing to win their only title.

The coach today who takes over at Desoto needs to run a pro style offense with an emphasis on the pass.
    Right on! A pro style offense maybe what the folks in DeSoto are looking for. They alternated their QBs this past year, and one of the guys in the rotation was a freshman that, supposedly, has a great arm. (Of course, the other QB in the rotation was Cyrus Gray.)

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfan View Post
    I disagree. There were many people thinking a team from region 3 were the clear favorites but were upset by a team that is turning out to be there rivals.