Thread: Bastrop's new coach

All-American

Default Bastrop's new coach

Yo MetroPlex, what's the conventional wisdom on Plano East OC Gerald Perry? He's taking over at Bastrop.

Default Re: Bastrop's new coach

Did Schroeder give up on Bastrop after one season?
    Old School Gold & White

All-American

Ironic that he comes from Plano East, where he worked for Johnny Ringo, who was Ron Schroeder's first offensive coordinator at Westlake.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by badger95 View Post
    Ironic that he comes from Plano East, where he worked for Johnny Ringo, who was Ron Schroeder's first offensive coordinator at Westlake.
    That coaches' network still runs in small circles.

Bastrop has potential; what kind of offense does Perry run? What will he bring to Bastrop?

All-District

Coach Perry runs the spread and IMO calls a very good game. Our problem at East was not offense this year, we scored lots of points. He will be missed at East, he also taking a few assistants with him.

All-American

Thanks Plano,
    I've been curious about what will happen w/ the Bears. They're not that bad a program; the past two years have been anomalies, I think. They went 11-10 in their first two seasons in 5A, reaching the playoffs once. There is talent in the Lost Pines.
    I just hope the kids aren't scarred from the Schroeder experience.

Reserve

Yeah all of us here on the East Side wish him the best of luck
    I think there is some very raw talent in that area if im not mistaken, so i think the spread that he is going to install is going to be a force to be reckoned with if he has that good agile QB. He is a great coach and i think he will get him players to like him very quickly

The word is he will be taking around 3 or 4 total coaches some from East and some from the 9th and 10th grade schools too
    You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space--- Vince Lombardi