Thread: Tommy Maddux

Banned

Default Tommy Maddux

could he have played any worse???

Tell me your thoughts of big ben not playing any time in the game and how bad tommy played and why?

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer - Original Member - 2006 Pick 'Em Champion pack0808's Avatar

Default Re: Tommy Maddux

I was thrilled my boys won even though they almost choked!! but my other team was in big trouble when Tommy the interception for a touchdown Maddux was playing. Rothlesberger has not thrown a pick all year by the way.

I have never seen a guy so good at throwing interceptions for td's. He leads them perfectly and he does it all of the time. He should have had 4 more but they missed them. He hit a couple of defenders in stride in their hands pefectly but they dropped it. This was an old Steeler game before Big Ben, Great defense like usual that has to basically win the game because of an inept offense and qb. No Hines Ward either!! The fumble where they were just trying to setup the fieldgoal to win it was classic. Maddux goes to hand the ball off and just drops it and when he tries to pick it up he kicks it. LOL I cannot believe this guy is still in the NFL?? Charlie Batch should have started the game without a doubt. I was pissed when i heard Maddux was starting.
    Last edited by pack0808; 10-17-2005 at 03:56 PM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar

i bet you guys were loving maddux a few years back, then a few years before that kordel stewart, who was a huge bust for the bears, but maddux is just rusty, he was good when he played a lot
    FOF

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer - Original Member - 2006 Pick 'Em Champion pack0808's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragons08
    i bet you guys were loving maddux a few years back, then a few years before that kordel stewart, who was a huge bust for the bears, but maddux is just rusty, he was good when he played a lot

false!! He always had a major turnover problem. He always scared me to death!! The defense used to win the majority of games when Stewart and Maddux was there. With a great qb like Rothlesberger they are nearly unbeatable besides the pats. 17-2 in the last 2 seasons with Ben at qb.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar

I think after his performance, I think everyone is wishing Big Ben a speedy recovery. Heck, Testeverde didn't even have that bad of a game...
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by pack0808
    false!! He always had a major turnover problem. He always scared me to death!! The defense used to win the majority of games when Stewart and Maddux was there. With a great qb like Rothlesberger they are nearly unbeatable besides the pats. 17-2 in the last 2 seasons with Ben at qb.
    what was scary is how ben got hte job, didnt maddux, get some injury, taht he got carried off on a strecher and everything??
    FOF

Ben will be back this sunday!! I saw it on espn this am.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

Maddox had a few good games, but he's never been able to shake the turnover bug. The Steelers have confidence when Ben plays and he doesn't even have to play good for them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by pack0808
    Ben will be back this sunday!! I saw it on espn this am.
    seems like steelers fans caught a break here, i was watching that game, and that hit, wow, i thought he was out of the year!
    FOF

Being a turnover machine can change.....Doug Rypien was...but then he changed.
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

wide-e-wide

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins88

Who the hell is Doug Rypien?

Now when I called you out for your lack of football knowledge...you made this big 'ol post about ...how...you only follow the Redskins...and you do have knowledge...but just Redskins history...yadda,yadda....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I think you meant Mark Rypien...who BTW...sucked tremendously

Doug Williams was the guy you had him mixed up with.

C'mon dawg...I know your team better than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by wide-e-wide
    Who the hell is Doug Rypien?

Now when I called you out for your lack of football knowledge...you made this big 'ol post about ...how...you only follow the Redskins...and you do have knowledge...but just Redskins history...yadda,yadda....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I think you meant Mark Rypien...who BTW...sucked tremendously

Doug Williams was the guy you had him mixed up with.

C'mon dawg...I know your team better than you do.
    Lol, I knew there was something wrong about that post.....I get confused of the first names. I just refer to them as Rypien and Williams....I don't remember them by the first name.
    LLA

Hey, I wanted to let you know I was going to let it fly making fun of you, but Wide took care of it first!

Didn't he play with Timmy Riggins? Or was it Art Sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by lonny23
    Didn't he play with Timmy Riggins? Or was it Art Sanders?
    I don't remember first names! Seriously...all I ever say is like "Riggins, Theismann, Monk, Gibbs, Ramsey, Brunell, Rypien, Williams"....a lot easier.
    LLA

I don't remember first names! Seriously...all I ever say is like "Riggins, Theismann, Monk, Gibbs, Ramsey, Brunell, Rypien, Williams"....a lot easier.
    John, Ringo, Paul...wait that's the wrong group!

John, Joe, Art, Joe, Patrick, Mark, Mark, and Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by lonny23
    John, Ringo, Paul...wait that's the wrong group!

John, Joe, Art, Joe, Patrick, Mark, Mark, and Doug.
    We have a lot of Joes and Johns....and a few Marks....Doug and Greg Williams.

Whats the point of all this anyway?! I said I don't remember first names good...especially if there's like 5 of them!
    LLA

We have a lot of Joes and Johns....and a few Marks....Doug and Greg Williams.

Whats the point of all this anyway?! I said I don't remember first names good...especially if there's like 5 of them!
    Just passing the time.