Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Parks refs on the payroll?

All-State

Default College Parks refs on the payroll?

Before I start I know how easily rumors can get out of control but I can assure you that what I'm about to say is the truth, I along with the Offensive coaches and players saw it with my own 2 eyes a couple of hours ago on the game film.

You know that one ref(I think line judge or something) that stands on the sideline right at the line of scrimmage to make sure nobody jumps offside. And right next to him is that man that holds the down markers.
    On more than one occasions as KO snapped the ball(Offense), the ref would start walking downfield where's the Offense is moving and the person holding the down markers would take a medium step(about a yard) in the opposite direction of the ball movement. Losing us at least a yard every time he did it. I know it was effective because we first noticed it on a incomplete pass and the offense headed back to the line of scrimmage which had been moved about a yard backwards.
    He did this on CP's sideline and I know at least one player had to have noticed it, seeing how players usually suffocate the sidelines during games.

Of course he didn't do it every play but football is a game of inches and we can all think of games on any level where this could have decided the outcome.

I'm not complaining or anything and defiantly not trying to use an excuse, seeing how we still won. But from now on we'll have a trainer or players checking to make sure nothing like that is happening. This cheating could very well determine the outcome of a game so if any of you guys are players or know players/coaches tell them to watch out for it. And if you're in the stands you may be able to catch it.

I don't know if he was on the payroll, had some type of personal vendetta or what so I'm not going to blame the College Park coaches, I just thought that people should be aware.

Default Re: College Parks refs on the payroll?

I know what you mean... I didnt see that particular game, but i've seen lots of things in football that were questionable or obvious...I've been watching Hs football since late 80's and it happens more than people realize...
    In the Ball-Creek game the refs made many questionable moves. We played terrible anyway but it just added insult to injury and game really could have gone either way. Our punter layed on the field after a hit to his leg for about 5 min.- no call. Several hits on our QB running out of bounds-no call. Ball had about 4 big plays that game, 3 called back, one after player reached endzone...oh yeah and the skipped down??? Like i said, we played like garbage and sputtered all year but refs were clearly a factor in that game..Nothing against the wildcats only officials...

Things i see manipulated the most: Ball spots, especially on 4th and 1. Starting and stopping Game and play clocks. The head official overrulling another ref who had better look.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBoy View Post
    Before I start I know how easily rumors can get out of control but I can assure you that what I'm about to say is the truth, I along with the Offensive coaches and players saw it with my own 2 eyes a couple of hours ago on the game film.

You know that one ref(I think line judge or something) that stands on the sideline right at the line of scrimmage to make sure nobody jumps offside. And right next to him is that man that holds the down markers.
    On more than one occasions as KO snapped the ball(Offense), the ref would start walking downfield where's the Offense is moving and the person holding the down markers would take a medium step(about a yard) in the opposite direction of the ball movement. Losing us at least a yard every time he did it. I know it was effective because we first noticed it on a incomplete pass and the offense headed back to the line of scrimmage which had been moved about a yard backwards.

He did this on CP's sideline and I know at least one player had to have noticed it, seeing how players usually suffocate the sidelines during games.

Of course he didn't do it every play but football is a game of inches and we can all think of games on any level where this could have decided the outcome.

I'm not complaining or anything and defiantly not trying to use an excuse, seeing how we still won. But from now on we'll have a trainer or players checking to make sure nothing like that is happening. This cheating could very well determine the outcome of a game so if any of you guys are players or know players/coaches tell them to watch out for it. And if you're in the stands you may be able to catch it.

I don't know if he was on the payroll, had some type of personal vendetta or what so I'm not going to blame the College Park coaches, I just thought that people should be aware.
    Hmmmm........A discreet game film review of College Park's district wins just might be in order.

Scout Teamer

Post it on You tube if it's really true.
    The Official should be singled out if he did that.
    I doubt the CP coaches had any knowledge of that at all.
    You sound like you may coach - if you make allegations like this you should be able to back them up.

That's interesting...hopefully there is a logical explanation.

I know they announced at our game that the crew was from SA - and we were playing Mansfield (i.e., should be impartial). I thought they were a bit too kind to the WRs on the Pass Interference calls, but other than that, no issues.

Reserve

Weren't the down markers on the Oak sideline??

Quote Originally Posted by Oak_Dad_2004 View Post
    Weren't the down markers on the Oak sideline??
    They can be on either side in a playoff game.

Banned

you do realize at times coaches will flip for a black or white referee? That's how crazy it is

Did somebody actually suggest that CP paid the refs?

1. 4th down play. early 2nd half. Oak was clearly stopped. Refs gave them a favorable spot. We were 7 down at the time.

2. Oak was not penalized or charged with a timeout for taking what seemed like 1/2 an hour to switch sides at the start of the qtr.

3. The cheap shot late hit on Jello near the end of the game should have resulted in an ejection.

4. Also, nice job by your trashy head coach not taking a knee in their final possession.

Whoever started this thread and whoever else is buying into it have been clearly bred too close to the gene pool.
    Last edited by twcpfan1; 11-19-2007 at 11:25 PM.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierdad View Post

4. Also, nice job by your trashy head coach not taking a knee in their final possession.
    Our trashy head coach put together a program that is 10-1 and beat your coaches program.

This is exactly what our coach was talking about today. Same as with the Patriots about "running up the score", if you don't want a team to continue to score than force them to go for it at the end of the game because their losing or make them take a knee because they're barely winning.
    We have lots of 2nd and 3rd string people that hardly get to get in who can have the opportunity to do something in situations like this.
    Our trashy head coach will call what plays he wants and operates how he wants, do get mad because your team can't stop it

If KO's coach is trashy and they beat CP by 17 points then what does that make your coach?
    Last edited by HoustonBoy; 11-19-2007 at 11:39 PM.

I always shake my head when I see the ref looking at the sideline yard markers before spotting the ball after a close short yardage play.

maybe nothing to it, but it makes you wonder.

All-State

The Ike vs. Lufkin game was the blueprint for that type of stuff.
    Everyone has a gameplan until they get hit in the mouth.:

Signed-
    Mike Tyson

THE SWOOP IS BACK!!!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer slorch's Avatar

Our trashy head coach put together a program that is 10-1 and beat your coaches program.

This is exactly what our coach was talking about today. Same as with the Patriots about "running up the score", if you don't want a team to continue to score than force them to go for it at the end of the game because their losing or make them take a knee because they're barely winning.
    We have lots of 2nd and 3rd string people that hardly get to get in who can have the opportunity to do something in situations like this.
    Our trashy head coach will call what plays he wants and operates how he wants, do get mad because your team can't stop it

If KO's coach is trashy and they beat CP by 17 points then what does that make your coach?
    Patriots= professionals, feelings don't matter

Oak and CP = High school, non-adults that are supposed to be learning and executing sportsmanship.

If your coach is comparing high school ball to being the Patriots, then he is flat out wrong, and I doubt he'll get to his ultimate goal, with lessons like that being taught.

I don't have a dog in this fight, other than teaching football to my own kids at this time. The comparison to being an NFL team, if it happened, is outrageously irresponsible, and the guy shouldn't be teaching kids the game.
    CJK5H

I likewise recall that the chains and the downbox were on the Klein Oak side. In fact, they are normally on the visitor side so that they are highly visible to the press box on the home side.

I don't believe Texas high schools have "mirror markers" on the opposite sideline which are there to give the players a reference as to where the first down is. You see those in the NFL and in NCAA but I don't think in high school, although maybe I'm wrong. If that's what you saw on the CP sideline, then those are not official anyway. They are just there as a guide for the players.

The crew that worked the KO/CP crew is the most highly sought after crew in the Greater Houston area. They are outstanding and while they have missed a call here or there as is always possible when there's no instant replay, there is no call for questioning their integrity.

There was an unusual amount of "yapping" going on during that game from both teams and that crew had its work cut out for them from the start keeping things under control. Both sides were guilty of it.

Finally, there's no "running up the score" claim that is valid in my book when the final score is 59-42. If I am the KO coach, I am trying to score to the end, at least until CP surrenders and starts running the ball to kill the clock. That didn't happen. The way points were being scored, you take nothing for granted.

Sounds to me like some people here need to grow up. KO needs to get focused on Leander, and CP needs to tip their hat to the better team.
    "It's amazing how much can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit."

Scout Teamer

Did somebody actually suggest that CP paid the refs?

The suggestion that anyone paid off the refs, or the guy holding the down marker is irresponsible. I have also been told that the down marker guy was moving the marker a yard or two during the play. I have not seen the game film yet, but will look for it when I get to review. Again, I am told (hearsay) that this happened on the play where Theiss completed a pass down to the 3 yard line, but was called for being past the line of scrimmage, when actually he was behind the line of scrimmage, but past the newly created line by the downsmarker.

Bad or questionable calls usually go both ways and even out, but if what folks are saying is actually true, the gentleman manning the downsmarker should not be allowed to be involved in future contests.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Lock the thread and let Houstonboy go whine about something else.

Yeah, all refs are paid off by all winning teams. There is no such thing as a better team.
    Go Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by 78 Spartan View Post
    I likewise recall that the chains and the downbox were on the Klein Oak side. In fact, they are normally on the visitor side so that they are highly visible to the press box on the home side.

I don't believe Texas high schools have "mirror markers" on the opposite sideline which are there to give the players a reference as to where the first down is. You see those in the NFL and in NCAA but I don't think in high school, although maybe I'm wrong. If that's what you saw on the CP sideline, then those are not official anyway. They are just there as a guide for the players.

The crew that worked the KO/CP crew is the most highly sought after crew in the Greater Houston area. They are outstanding and while they have missed a call here or there as is always possible when there's no instant replay, there is no call for questioning their integrity.

There was an unusual amount of "yapping" going on during that game from both teams and that crew had its work cut out for them from the start keeping things under control. Both sides were guilty of it.

Finally, there's no "running up the score" claim that is valid in my book when the final score is 59-42. If I am the KO coach, I am trying to score to the end, at least until CP surrenders and starts running the ball to kill the clock. That didn't happen. The way points were being scored, you take nothing for granted.

Sounds to me like some people here need to grow up. KO needs to get focused on Leander, and CP needs to tip their hat to the better team.
    Ok Spartan, next time I'll accuse Stratford school administrators of paying referees off, and put it in the thread title. See how you react. The 'not taking a knee' comment was a reaction to the thread title. Not taking a knee is a little different to running up the score because there was no possible way CP gets the ball back. The immediate reaction after the game was all congratulatory.
    Last edited by twcpfan1; 11-20-2007 at 07:50 AM.

Ok Spartan, next time I'll accuse Stratford school administrators of paying referees off, and put it in the thread title. See how you react. The 'not taking a knee' comment was a reaction to the thread title. The immediate reaction after the game was all congratulatory.
    I believe I would react by ignoring the trite and paranoid delusions of children, rather than by making up some silly counter-argument. Let's be adults here and learn not to take the bait.
    "It's amazing how much can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 78 Spartan View Post
    Let's be adults here and learn not to take the bait.
    Very sound advice there.

This is a subject we certainly can't prove, or disprove, on this board. Only those directly involved know exactly what happened and why it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    Very sound advice there.

This is a subject we certainly can't prove, or disprove, on this board. Only those directly involved know exactly what happened and why it happened.
    So CP paying officials off all year is considered a possibility?