Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: District 26 sweeps District 25.........

All-American

Default District 26 sweeps District 25.........

S.V. 34 Austin 0

Madison 22 San Marcos 14

Reagan 34 Westlake 27

Judson 21 Austin Bowie 10...............

Default Re: District 26 sweeps District 25.........

Bump
    Last edited by playthatball; 11-17-2007 at 10:09 PM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    S.V. 34 Austin 0

Madison 22 San Marcos 14

Reagan 34 Westlake 27

Judson 21 Austin Bowie 10...............
    That's the way it should've been last year!

Anyway, congrats 26-5A. Keep this ride going into Week 14.

If it comes down to it, I'll root for Madison over Smithson Valley even though I think the Rangers will win.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playthatball View Post
    In the 2 games I witnessed (AHS vs SV & Bowie vs Judson) the main problem Austin teams have is no outside containment and getting totally out-muscled when on defense by much bigger players!!!
    I saw some of our lineman just flat out plow through the Westlake defense.

I gotta say I agree. They (like most people) had a very hard time stopping marcus. His 80 some yard run was a thing of beauty...I think they dipped him in some butter because I think every player on that defense slipped off of him.
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

Actually, the main problem you see with "South" Austin teams is that they are all overrated. There's rarely any speed in south Austin outside of the occasional Westlake team (occasionally!). Outside of Austin High's win over RR Stony Point, and Westlakes win over Austin Lake Travis, i honestly don't think any team in that district can claim a respectable non district victory.

Your speed comment is stupid. Bowie has been a fast team and still is a fast team. They got out-coached and out-sized today. Not out-quicked.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    9-2 (5-1)

Twitter: @AlanGalbreathTX

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." Proverbs 9:10

Yea bowie looked very flat and the play calling on there side wa a little off to me.
    I almost blacked out I was screaming so hard. If any of you happened to be driving Southbound on Loop 322 in Abilene and were passed by a fool in a red car who was honking his horn and screaming like a woman, you were passed by happy jtk. Happy jtk has no voice and happy jtk is about to drink and eat. -Jtk on Texas beating OSU
    We're Texas. you.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07 View Post
    I saw some of our lineman just flat out plow through the Westlake defense.

I gotta say I agree. They (like most people) had a very hard time stopping marcus. His 80 some yard run was a thing of beauty...I think they dipped him in some butter because I think every player on that defense slipped off of him.
    You might want to check his second half stats. Except for one or two long runs, we kept him bottled up pretty good. Of course without him, you wouldn't have won. You're lucky he's a junior. Your sophomore quarterback is also really good, but wouldn't have been enough to make the difference in the game.

Scout Teamer

good job 265a...lets keep it rolling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chap fan View Post
    You might want to check his second half stats. Except for one or two long runs, we kept him bottled up pretty good. Of course without him, you wouldn't have won. You're lucky he's a junior. Your sophomore quarterback is also really good, but wouldn't have been enough to make the difference in the game.
    MW is a senior. In football there are no excepts, he got those two long runs. Stop making excuses and move on, get ready for basketball or go watch your volleyball team, I hear they are real good.
    The true measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down, but rather how many times he gets up.
    Tis better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    4 more years!!! Heaven help us!!!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderLions3033 View Post
    Actually, the main problem you see with "South" Austin teams is that they are all overrated. There's rarely any speed in south Austin outside of the occasional Westlake team (occasionally!). Outside of Austin High's win over RR Stony Point, and Westlakes win over Austin Lake Travis, i honestly don't think any team in that district can claim a respectable non district victory.
    I guess you must have missed the playoff scores last fall. Go ahead and talk Leander, your weeks are numbered--have you ever made it to the regional finals (while you put South Austin down)? And don't launch into your Region IV trash talk. Georgetown also lost to Reagan, you lost to Judson--oh, wait, does your district have a "quality" Region IV win?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MADFAN#1 View Post
    MW is a senior. In football there are no excepts, he got those two long runs. Stop making excuses and move on, get ready for basketball or go watch your volleyball team, I hear they are real good.
    Our volleyball team is playing for the state 5A championship right now. I didn't mean this year--I agree you won and congrats, just contesting your "in control all the way comment". We came back with a vengeance in the second half and fell short. We'll look forward to a rematch NEXT year.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chap fan View Post
    Wright is a Senior and the QB is a Junior.

Sure he wouldn't have been enough? He completed some nice passes and had some nice runs...including one in the 4th that eventually sealed the deal.
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer atwelljroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bowiedawgs01 View Post
    Your speed comment is stupid. Bowie has been a fast team and still is a fast team. They got out-coached and out-sized today. Not out-quicked.
    Well my son is one of those "outsized" kids and all of our O line did a great job today openning holes for our backs to hit...according to the radio, your D line was just worn out by our O line...good job on the season and much luck next year...
    Proud Father of a Varsity Playing Freshman Offensive Tackle at Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas

Rocketgrl says, "VISIT THIS SITE" http://www.judsonrockets.com/

Respect All...Fear None!!! J-Roc for life!!!

When you say you have a fast team, what are you basing it off of? When i think of a fast team i think of a team like Garland, or Allen, or even Pflugerville for that matter. Leander doesnt have an incredible amount of team speed when compared to other "fast" teams, but i know what a fast team looks like. And yeah, the comment was stupid only for the fact that i havent seen bowie play this year, but from what i've seen in ALL my years following Leander football and understanding the format of how the 5a regions work, 25-5a has always been a slow district. Now i'm not talking about having one or two fast individuals (IE Westlakes Staton Jobe who to this day still remains one of the fastest people i've ever seen in high school football, or the Bowie bros at griffin), i'm talking about TEAM speed.

I was at the game today and I didn't see a fast Bowie team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by atwelljroc View Post
    Well my son is one of those "outsized" kids and all of our O line did a great job today openning holes for our backs to hit...according to the radio, your D line was just worn out by our O line...good job on the season and much luck next year...
    Atwell..................the OL did a great job today!! They worked hard and made it happen. I'm so proud of them.

Is this a big surprise this year? both these districts are a little weak...
    Deer Park: True Birthplace of Texas Independence. Santa Ana Capture Site. Official Surrender Treaty Signing Site.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCDawgs View Post
    Yep.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer LoneRocket's Avatar

I think what happend with Austin HS was they got shell shocked by SV. During the game I heard an announcer make the comment that the Austin HS player was hit so hard his helmet popped off and the other announcer said there is no penalty? In the playoffs somebody is going to try and knock your head off so either you step up or step out.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer LoneRocket's Avatar

I think LBJ won.