Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tropical Depression #9 bearing down on H-Town

Default Tropical Depression #9 bearing down on H-Town

May be a named tropical storm by the time it makes landfall tonight. This one formed in the gulf out of nowhere. Lots of flooding expected. Not sure how it will affect Friday night games. We're playing in Huntsville so I think we'll be ok.

Be careful out there

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member t00 playa's Avatar

Default Re: Tropical Depression #9 bearing down on H-Town

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierdad View Post
    May be a named tropical storm by the time it makes landfall tonight. This one formed in the gulf out of nowhere. Lots of flooding expected. Not sure how it will affect Friday night games. We're playing in Huntsville so I think we'll be ok.

Be careful out there
    what about saturday night at woodlands?
    Twitter: t00playa

North Shore Mustangs non Bandwaggoner

TulsaHale74 - Gone but not forgotten.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CyFallsMom's Avatar

Humberto is the name and flooding is his game. If it moves quickly, the games shouldn't be affected. If it becomes an Allison (i.e. just hangs over us) you can probably forget it.
    Last edited by CyFallsMom; 09-12-2007 at 01:33 PM.
    Cypress Falls Golden Eagles

"Being a Princess isn't all it's cracked up to be"
    Princess Diana

It's an amazing event. It makes rock concerts look like tea parties"
    John Winston Lennon on Monday Night Football 1974

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Miss Kitty's Avatar

It is moving faster than they thought. Man this thing formed fast. They are saying a possible 11 to 15 inches of rain. This one just developed to fast for my liking. Lets hope it lands and starts to break up just as fast.
    Cindy-"I am ready for some volleyball. Do you have any cheers ready for the girls?" Kitty - "Yeah, my cheer for Pup is always, "if you mess up, NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

it's moving at 6 MPH. Slow. Gonna flood, lol.
    Deer Park: True Birthplace of Texas Independence. Santa Ana Capture Site. Official Surrender Treaty Signing Site.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCDawgs View Post
    Yep.

Became a Hurricane when it made landfall in Port Arthur/Beaumont. Missed Houston altogether. To the people in affected areas, please stay safe.

Football forecast - Fine for both Friday and Sat night throughout all of Houston.

Banned

Became a Hurricane when it made landfall in Port Arthur/Beaumont. Missed Houston altogether. To the people in affected areas, please stay safe.

Football forecast - Fine for both Friday and Sat night throughout all of Houston.
    God has something against PA/Beaumont. thats the second time(in 2 years) that a Hurricane was projected to hit us, and completely miss and head to PA.

Quote Originally Posted by HUM398 View Post
    God has something against PA/Beaumont. thats the second time(in 2 years) that a Hurricane was projected to hit us, and completely miss and head to PA.
    It upgraded to hurricane strength just before it made landfall. Some residents were saying that the hit was worse than Rita was 2 years ago when it also decided to hit PA/Beaumont. Rita was losing steam when it hit. This one was on the verge of strengthening. Apparently, even if it was a Category one, it made it worse.

It upgraded to hurricane strength just before it made landfall. Some residents were saying that the hit was worse than Rita was 2 years ago when it also decided to hit PA/Beaumont. Rita was losing steam when it hit. This one was on the verge of strengthening. Apparently, even if it was a Category one, it made it worse.
    And people were probably caught off guard. It went from being a gulf disturbance that wasn't even tropical to a hurricane in less than 24 hours and all of this within 40 miles of the coastline. That was freaky.
    Cindy-"I am ready for some volleyball. Do you have any cheers ready for the girls?" Kitty - "Yeah, my cheer for Pup is always, "if you mess up, NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty View Post
    And people were probably caught off guard. It went from being a gulf disturbance that wasn't even tropical to a hurricane in less than 24 hours and all of this within 40 miles of the coastline. That was freaky.
    Whats odd is that, They were talking about how we were expecting at least 3 inches of rain here in Humble... Look out the window when i woke up, and my grass looked liked it needed watering.

Whats odd is that, They were talking about how we were expecting at least 3 inches of rain here in Humble... Look out the window when i woke up, and my grass looked liked it needed watering.
    It didn't seem to do anything in the norm. A storm like this should make weather people wake up and take notice.

Banned

It didn't seem to do anything in the norm. A storm like this should make weather people wake up and take notice.

Well, im kind of pissed. Now i have to go out and water my yard, and wash off the driveway.

With Rita we had a week to freak out over the possibility of a Category 5 hurricane levelling our entire city. Of course with the images of Katrina still fresh in our minds, it magnified it even more. We had to pay for excess baggage on the plane because we took all our irreplaceables with us when we evacuated. We had visions of looters going to town on Houston after the expected devastation.

Guys, it's probably incredibly selfish to think this because other parts of the state and parts of Louisiana are suffering right now, but they are forecasting absolutely perfect football weather for most of Houston and surroundings this Friday and Saturday.

Administrator

It's no secret those storms are very unpredicatable. They knew there was a chance the system would get steered east because of that front. Houston's got a pretty sweet geographical shield up, but odds are strong we'll get hit one day and need to be prepared for it.

If it serves notice of anything, it should be to the general public that you don't necessarily get to watch these things move across the ocean before they are a real threat. You've got to get prepared before the start of the season and stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    It's no secret those storms are very unpredicatable. They knew there was a chance the system would get steered east because of that front. Houston's got a pretty sweet geographical shield up, but odds are strong we'll get hit one day and need to be prepared for it.

If it serves notice of anything, it should be to the general public that you don't necessarily get to watch these things move across the ocean before they are a real threat. You've got to get prepared before the start of the season and stay that way.
    KT, I don't care what anybody says. I'm not getting on any of the evacuation routes out of Houston in a car.

Guys, it's probably incredibly selfish to think this because other parts of the state and parts of Louisiana are suffering right now, but they are forecasting absolutely perfect football weather for most of Houston and surroundings this Friday and Saturday.
    Perfect Is it going to drop to 60?

Perfect Is it going to drop to 60?
    Just about. Probably high 60's for the TWCP-Huntsville game at SHSU and TWHS-NS game at Conroe.

Administrator

KT, I don't care what anybody says. I'm not getting on any of the evacuation routes out of Houston in a car.
    Me either, I'm not in a surge zone so I don't need to screw up the routes unless it's a Cat 4 or stronger on landfall and I make an early decision to evacuate.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Let's remember these folks not as fortunate. This was a HURRICANE:

Here's a link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20742710/page/2/