Thread: The Official Good News Thread

Banned

Default The Official Good News Thread

I finally have good news, so I figured I'd go ahead and create a nice counterpart to the bad news thread. Post any good news you may have. Covemom, now you have a place for your yankee joy. Anyhow, I'll go first.

My bad news at work has finally stopped. The past two days I've been utterly lost with this project and finally know what the hell to do. I'll definitely be able to finish before I leave tomorrow for good.

I was really hating the idea of leaving this place without completing the assignment. So, now that I got it together and undercontrol, I think I'm gonna smoke a nice Montecristo no. 4 when I go home!

p.s. My new co-intern is still as incompetent as ever.

Default Re: The Official Good News Thread

Good news..

svhorns isn't gay!

We had 30 kids at Vacation Bible School last night. This is the first time my wife has been the Coordinator, so I am pleased that things are going well. We are at a small rural church so 30 is great for us.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
    hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

My dog didn't have rabies or heart worms. It rained here. I'm gonna be on a semi-vacation two days next week. My daughter is coming home from college for a few weeks.

Wow, life is good.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoveMom's Avatar

We are leaving on a road trip vacation tomorrow afternoon. We'll be driving up to Lake Shore Drive in Chicago and then following Old Route 66 (Get your Kicks...) back to Amarillo or until we run out of time. We have done the Route from Amarillo to the pier in Santa Monica, CA, so this will finish it for us. Thinking of doing US Hwy 1 from Key West to Maine in the next few years.

Oh, and the Yankees are still only 6.5 games back as of this very minute, but both Boston and Yanks play tonight. At least Boston is playing a better team so who knows, maybe the Yankees will be 5.5 games back after the games? All it would take is a Boston loss and a Yankee win. Oh, and the Planets would need to be in a perfectly straight line radiating out from.........so, it's not likely, but hey, I can dream, can't I??????????
    "I get the ball, I throw the ball, and then I take a shower." Mariano Rivera

"I hope it doesn't attack me..." words spoken by RedRage00 upon seeing a small deer in my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by CoveMom View Post
    We are leaving on a road trip vacation tomorrow afternoon. We'll be driving up to Lake Shore Drive in Chicago and then following Old Route 66 (Get your Kicks...) back to Amarillo or until we run out of time. We have done the Route from Amarillo to the pier in Santa Monica, CA, so this will finish it for us. Thinking of doing US Hwy 1 from Key West to Maine in the next few years.

Oh, and the Yankees are still only 6.5 games back as of this very minute, but both Boston and Yanks play tonight. At least Boston is playing a better team so who knows, maybe the Yankees will be 5.5 games back after the games? All it would take is a Boston loss and a Yankee win. Oh, and the Planets would need to be in a perfectly straight line radiating out from.........so, it's not likely, but hey, I can dream, can't I??????????
    My wife and I want to drive up to Maine when the leaves are turning. Stay in a Bed and Breakfast, stuff like that. I have also always wanted to eat a bowl of Clam Chowder in New England. (It's my favorite soup)
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
    hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoveMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K-Rock View Post
    My wife and I want to drive up to Maine when the leaves are turning. Stay in a Bed and Breakfast, stuff like that. I have also always wanted to eat a bowl of Clam Chowder in New England. (It's my favorite soup)
    My husband is from Vermont so we have done that. It is beautiful......and I am sure it would be even better if the Bed & Breakfast wasn't my mother-in-law's house!
    "I get the ball, I throw the ball, and then I take a shower." Mariano Rivera

"I hope it doesn't attack me..." words spoken by RedRage00 upon seeing a small deer in my backyard.

I beat New SUper Mario Bros. on DS... um ya.

Banned

MY PROJECT IS FINISHED AND IT'S MY LAST DAY AT MERCOSUR! I AM A FREE MAN UNTIL I GET BACK TO THE UNITES STATES OF AMERICA!!!! (at which time my mother will promptly put me to work in the yard)

YESSSSSSSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by Owned05 View Post
    Good news..

svhorns isn't gay!
    hahaha where in the world did that come from... hell naw I'm not gay

"but not that theres anything wrong with that" classic Seinfeld line
    S M I T H S O N V A L L E Y

R A N G E R S

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico
    S M I T H S O N V A L L E Y