Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owned

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar

Default Owned

Maybe my boy Roy was able to catch the license plate of that speeder....
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoppellCowboy57's Avatar

Default Re: Owned

ouch, low blow
    The Coppell Cowboys

BACK TO BACK 5-5A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS 2012/2013

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005
    3rd Battalion 1st Marines The Balls of The Corps 2005 - 2009

wide-e-wide

88...do you actually know anything about football? Or are you like on of those women that just yells at the TV but really doesn't understand what she is watching? How in the hell is Roy Williams OWNED?

Hate to break it to you...but Roy is a safety not a corner. He had his back turned and was over 10 yards away from Moss on the first TD. Do you really think the Cowboys sent him out there to cover Santana Moss? C'mon dude....
    If anybody should have OWNED by their name it's the cornerback Aaron Glenn...he was the one covering Moss.

Know a little bit about football before you start talking smack. Otherwise you make yourself sound stupid.

All-World

Cowboys' Williams Overrated

With just over four minutes left, Brunell lofted a bomb downfield to Taylor Jacobs that Williams knocked down in the end zone. Madden and Michaels went nuts over the play, until they realized the ball went right through Williams' hands and could have easily been picked off. You can't criticize Williams for not getting the interception, but you have to rip him for letting Santana Moss beat him for 39- and 70-yard touchdowns in the final minutes of the game even though the Cowboys were in prevent mode.

Seems like Redskin 88 is not the only person who thought Williams got burned!!

Here is the link to the story.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ams/index.htmlhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ams/index.html

wide-e-wide

How does the safety get burned when Glenn was covering Moss?
    C'mon...tell me how that happens?
    Roy had his freakin' back turned and was nowhere near Moss...

As far a Roy being over-rated...you sir are smoking crack cocaine.
    Roy is one of....if not THE best safety in the league.

In case you airheads didn't know....the term "burned" refers to a receiver blowing past the man that is covering him. Not the guy who runs over to try and make the tackle. It usually happens as the ball is in the air...the receiver blows past coverage creating a gap between himself and usually the cornerback...thus making himself wide open....This did not happen to Roy on either play. So exactly how did Roy get "burned"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wide-e-wide
    88...do you actually know anything about football? Or are you like on of those women that just yells at the TV but really doesn't understand what she is watching? How in the hell is Roy Williams OWNED?

Hate to break it to you...but Roy is a safety not a corner. He had his back turned and was over 10 yards away from Moss on the first TD. Do you really think the Cowboys sent him out there to cover Santana Moss? C'mon dude....
    If anybody should have OWNED by their name it's the cornerback Aaron Glenn...he was the one covering Moss.

Know a little bit about football before you start talking smack. Otherwise you make yourself sound stupid.
    Dude I hate to break it to you......but zone coverage, (prevent mode) that's Roy's man over the top...not once...but twice. He's not a cover man, He's a run stopper. And I am a Cowboy's fan......and wide? If Roy turns around he's got an interception.....if he just says to himself...ok....I can at least see the receiver...where's the ball....LOL.....and lastly Red 88? Owned? I dont think so...they saw something in the cowboy coverage that they exploited...but owned? That defense had a poor redskin offense shut down for 3 quarters so owned was not a factor. Football is often a game of big plays....
    Last edited by Hdshrinker; 09-22-2005 at 07:44 AM.

It is awful early in the season to be talking trash, with only two games being played. I don't think anyone was owned. I think Washington was lucky twice and used low percentage plays in desperation.

All-World

How does the safety get burned when Glenn was covering Moss?
    C'mon...tell me how that happens?
    Roy had his freakin' back turned and was nowhere near Moss...

As far a Roy being over-rated...you sir are smoking crack cocaine.
    Roy is one of....if not THE best safety in the league.

In case you airheads didn't know....the term "burned" refers to a receiver blowing past the man that is covering him. Not the guy who runs over to try and make the tackle. It usually happens as the ball is in the air...the receiver blows past coverage creating a gap between himself and usually the cornerback...thus making himself wide open....This did not happen to Roy on either play. So exactly how did Roy get "burned"?
    Go ask CNN.SI how Roy got burned I didn't say it they did...Read the article!!!

wide-e-wide

So Aaron Glenn...the guy covering Moss...has no responsibility? It's all Roy's fault? You people are freakin' ********. Aaron Glenn got "burned" bad...Roy? no...Roy didn't suddenly turn into Carl Lewis and catch him...but that's about as far as you can take it. CNN.si also had Oklahoma #2 in their preseason polls...with Texas #6...so consider the source.

I love it... Redskins win once against the Cowboys and they think their hot stuff.... they are what 2-16 over the past years....
    "One of the nice things about the Senior Tour is that we can take a cart and cooler. If your game is not going well, you can always have a picnic." - Lee Trevino

wide-e-wide

It's typical... Foreskins' running their mouths...
    Almost as bad as aggy...Almost...
    I think aggy's unit envy is #1 on the list of as far as haters go...

When the ball goes deep, it's the safety's job....you sure YOU know about football?
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

wide-e-wide

Using the term "burned" ....that's what I am saying...
    How can you burn a guy that isn't even covering you?
    He burned Aaron Glenn...yes
    Roy Williams ...no

So using your theory 88...anytime a long pass is thrown it is the safety's responsibility? The corner should just quit running and get out of the way huh?

Roy Williams ...no

So using your theory 88...anytime a long pass is thrown it is the safety's responsibility? The corner should just quit running and get out of the way huh?
    So thats what they've been doing wrong all these years...
    "One of the nice things about the Senior Tour is that we can take a cart and cooler. If your game is not going well, you can always have a picnic." - Lee Trevino

Banned

So Aaron Glenn...the guy covering Moss...has no responsibility? It's all Roy's fault? You people are freakin' ********. Aaron Glenn got "burned" bad...Roy? no...Roy didn't suddenly turn into Carl Lewis and catch him...but that's about as far as you can take it. CNN.si also had Oklahoma #2 in their preseason polls...with Texas #6...so consider the source.
    Final responsibility lies with Roy wide......that's football.....HIS coverage on zone. When the center fielder misses a ground ball do you blame the ss for lettting the ball get to the outfielder?

Do you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of ***** envy? You're making me an aggie fan more and more..... I've been a Cowboy fan probably before you were thought of so you won't steer me away from that...but I would like to remind those Cowboy haters out there not every Cowboy fan is as narrow minded as some.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdshrinker
    Final responsibility lies with Roy wide......that's football.....HIS coverage on zone. When the center fielder misses a ground ball do you blame the ss for lettting the ball get to the outfielder?

Do you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of ***** envy? You're making me an aggie fan more and more..... I've been a Cowboy fan probably before you were thought of so you won't steer me away from that...but I would like to remind those Cowboy haters out there not every Cowboy fan is as narrow minded as some.
    No, the CB shouldn't just stop, but it is the safety's main responsibility to get the long ball.

I have nothing against Cowboy fans really, they support their team, I support mine. And the rivalry makes it a bit interesting. Only reason why I'm so big into the MNF game was because thats about one of two maybe three times out of this year that i'll be able to actually watch them, so please forgive me if I do seem a little out of hand.
    LLA

wide-e-wide

The initial statement was "burned"....
    Was Roy burned by Moss?
    Hell no...the freakin' cornerback was...not Roy...
    Scroll back up and read my posts...that is all I have said.
    Moss beat the entire defense...true....But he "burned" the
    socks off of Aaron Glenn...not Roy Williams.
    At least give me that much.

And 9 times out of 10...it is ***** envy with Cowboy/Longhorn haters.

And if the shortstop could have made the play...thus preventing the ball from even getting out to center field...Hell yes I blame the shortstop.

In this case Aaron Glenn let one go between his legs...and Roy was reduced to damage control...against one of the quicker WR in the league...You give Santana Moss that kind of edge...he will beat you every stinkin' time.
    Last edited by wide-e-wide; 09-23-2005 at 12:15 AM.

All-Galaxy

He might not have bot burned. But he DID NOT do his job either. It is his responsibility to aid in coverage on anyone that gets past the corners/linebackers in zone coverage. They both are responsible for both TD passes.

Roy Williams ...no

Banned

The initial statement was "burned"....

In this case Aaron Glenn let one go between his legs...and Roy was reduced to damage control...against one of the quicker WR in the league...You give Santana Moss that kind of edge...he will beat you every stinkin' time.
    What part of zone coverage do you NOT understand wide? It was Roy's zone.

I just had to post this.....Sean Taylor
    LLA