Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3A Stand Out OL/DL To SLC

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoppellCowboy57's Avatar

Default 3A Stand Out OL/DL To SLC

Fresh Off The CC57 press line:

3As Carralton Ranchview Sophmore OL/DL Ethan Kraus will be attending SLC in the Fall of 2007.

Ethan Is 6'3 1/2 245 lbs. Plays primerly offense his Sophmore season at Ranchview, but had a few big plays on deffense aswell. Next season, Ethan plans to play Offense this year but is verstile and can play either side of the ball. But will prob have a better shot on the SLC Deffense. Hes been a powerlifter at Ranchview since his freshmen year.

Ethan comes from a family of Athletes. His Brother, Adam Kraus will be playing hockey at Boston Universty this fall, after becoming one of the Nations top Goalies in Jr A. Hockey. His Father Swam at SMU, and Qaulified for the Summer Olympics

#51 Ethan Kraus OL/DL:
    40m - 4.92 Secs.
    Bench - 265 LBS
    Sqaut -400 LBS
    DeadLift -430 LBS

2006 Season Stats:
    Defense -
    Started: 8 Games
    Games Played: 8 Games
    Tcks: 8
    Ast Tcks: 14
    Total Tcks: 22
    Tck/G: 2.8
    Fmbl Rec: 1
    Sacks: 1

Offense-
    Started: 8
    Played: 8
    Last edited by CoppellCowboy57; 06-10-2007 at 01:11 PM.
    The Coppell Cowboys

BACK TO BACK 5-5A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS 2012/2013

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005
    3rd Battalion 1st Marines The Balls of The Corps 2005 - 2009

Default Re: 3A Stand Out OL/DL To SLC

Sounds like the athleticism is there if he's got the drive to make it happen. Could add some nice size to the DL. Is he more of a DT or DE?

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Love those move-ins!
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

Let the recruiting theories begin!
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

All-American

I am sure he is transferring to SLC for the academics

Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    Let the recruiting theories begin!
    yeah i wonder how much that cost......
    "I was worried but the more I think about it all Longview has is history and reputation....they are due for a loss at lobo and the horn jags can do it... - paige70

Proverbs 17:28 - "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips he is considered perceptive."

Do you know my King? http://theiowaharvest.com/myking

Quote Originally Posted by c-lisle View Post
    yeah i wonder how much that cost......
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

Well.. I'd be a little more skeptical if he was 6'5 325 lbs... All-State, All-District.. hell, All-Everything... already committed to the "U" of Miami... and transferring in for his Senior year...

Oh wait... I swear I've heard that before... ...
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE View Post
    Well.. I'd be a little more skeptical if he was 6'5 325 lbs... All-State, All-District.. hell, All-Everything... already committed to the "U" of Miami... and transferring in for his Senior year...

uke uke LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE View Post

Ahaaaaaaa!
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

if i were a athlete in the metroplex i would wnat to move there too....just a testament to the greatest program in the country.
    "I was worried but the more I think about it all Longview has is history and reputation....they are due for a loss at lobo and the horn jags can do it... - paige70

Proverbs 17:28 - "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips he is considered perceptive."

Do you know my King? http://theiowaharvest.com/myking

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c-lisle View Post
    if i were a athlete in the metroplex i would wnat to move there too....just a testament to the greatest program in the country.
    Add up the entire talent pool of the whole Metroplex - and about 20% of those kids, give or take, could afford to move to SLC. From that pool, I'd say SLC gets about 1-2 impact move-ins a year, maybe 3-4 if you factor down to the middle school level.

What other "system" in Texas might get an occasional move-in?

Of course, when a kid moves in, a dedicated thought-he-was-gonna-start kid gets pine time and a slap on the back for being a good practice squad player.

All-American

And here comes the perplexing part. Those strict UIL rules that shaft so many innocent kids and families who have to move for nonathletic reasons never seem to get applied to talented kids who move to a successful program in the same area.

Yes, I know how it's done--so long as the sending coach signs off on the PFP form, no one bats an eye, no matter how egregious the circumstances.

Still, I don't like the rule. I don't think we can read people's hearts or minds, and I think the rule needs to be abolished, because it's only because a farce and the tool of vindictive coaches. I've see coaches provide totally false testimony before the state exec committee to fabricate a conflict that never existed--but UIL will almost (99% of the time) believe anything the coach says and nothing the parents say.

Quote Originally Posted by chap fan View Post
    And here comes the perplexing part. Those strict UIL rules that shaft so many innocent kids and families who have to move for nonathletic reasons never seem to get applied to talented kids who move to a successful program in the same area.

Yes, I know how it's done--so long as the sending coach signs off on the PFP form, no one bats an eye, no matter how egregious the circumstances.

Still, I don't like the rule. I don't think we can read people's hearts or minds, and I think the rule needs to be abolished, because it's only because a farce and the tool of vindictive coaches. I've see coaches provide totally false testimony before the state exec committee to fabricate a conflict that never existed--but UIL will almost (99% of the time) believe anything the coach says and nothing the parents say.
    I'll go one step further. While I respect what the UIL does in these situations, it's really none of their business. If I, as an adult & parent, decide to move somewhere, for whatever reason, it's really none of their business. We have to have some form of checks & balances to prevent the pandora's box that is recruiting from being open, I support that however if decide to make the sacrifice to get my child wherever he/she has the best opportunites, the UIL and their committee should not be able to interfere in any way. The only exception being the existence of tangible evidence that we have been recruited to come to that school. This is a sports forum, so that's where we look to but there are just as many kids out there who may move for academics, music or the fine arts programs. Those, of course, do not get looked into. No one ever spent money for legal representation to protest a move in who happens to be a talented actor and will take the one act play program to state but a starting quartback move in will get feathers ruffled in a hurry. It's hypocrosy at it's worst.

All-American

The good thing is that it is easy to get around the system. Blake Cantu and Mom can attest to that.

Give the UIL a decent excuse, and most of the time you can attend the school of your choice. I have several personal examples that prove this point.

Families do it all the time not just to SLC. It just so happens that when an athlete moves to SLC, it gets everyones attention.
    Last edited by RidgePride; 06-10-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post
    Add up the entire talent pool of the whole Metroplex - and about 20% of those kids, give or take, could afford to move to SLC. From that pool, I'd say SLC gets about 1-2 impact move-ins a year, maybe 3-4 if you factor down to the middle school level.

What other "system" in Texas might get an occasional move-in?

Of course, when a kid moves in, a dedicated thought-he-was-gonna-start kid gets pine time and a slap on the back for being a good practice squad player.
    Nobody is handed a starting postion at SLC just by moving in!! They have to go out and win it by their play, so let's not shed too many tears for the "thought-he-was-gonna-start" kid........If he's a competitor with some heart he will work hard to improve and win back the job, and if he just sulks and whines about his bad luck then "on the pine" is the best place for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RidgePride View Post
    The good thing is that it is easy to get around the system. Blake Cantu and Mom can attest to that.

Give the UIL a decent excuse, and most of the time you can attend the school of your choice. I have several personal examples that prove this point.

Families do it all the time not just to SLC. It just so happens that when an athlete moves to SLC, it gets everyones attention.
    No offense ridgepride, but what did Mom Cantu and son Blake "get around?"
    She bought a home in Southlake and moved..Thats about as basic as it gets. He didn't move to "stay with a an uncle so he could play football..the family moved..thats about as permanent as it gets.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLC13 View Post
    Nobody is handed a starting postion at SLC just by moving in!! They have to go out and win it by their play, so let's not shed too many tears for the "thought-he-was-gonna-start" kid........If he's a competitor with some heart he will work hard to improve and win back the job, and if he just sulks and whines about his bad luck then "on the pine" is the best place for him.
    I'll agree with that - I'd bet they'll even be a little harder on the kid.

Folks have been moving their kids to SLC since at least 1980. I remember listening to Paul Hackett, former off. coord. of the Cowboys, say in 1985 " we could have moved anywhere when we came to Dallas, but we chose SLC because of the program, school and community". Enough said.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    No offense ridgepride, but what did Mom Cantu and son Blake "get around?"
    She bought a home in Southlake and moved..Thats about as basic as it gets. He didn't move to "stay with a an uncle so he could play football..the family moved..thats about as permanent as it gets.
    It is hard for the UIL to tell if a family moves for athletic reasons, so I can't make a blanket statement that Cantu did this.

When I was growing up my family moved because we did not like the situation athletically for myself. The move made me an instant starter on my new team plus the team was better.

My dad presented the case that we had to move so that we could be closer to his work. We had no problems from the UIL.

This was a personal experience but It happens all the time every year.

Quote Originally Posted by RidgePride View Post
    It is hard for the UIL to tell if a family moves for athletic reasons, so I can't make a blanket statement that Cantu did this.

When I was growing up my family moved because we did not like the situation athletically for myself. The move made me an instant starter on my new team plus the team was better.

My dad presented the case that we had to move so that we could be closer to his work. We had no problems from the UIL.

This was a personal experience but It happens all the time.
    I'm not picking on you ..just wondering...I mean it's pretty serious stuff to move into Southlake..you just can't do it for grins...