Hey - not trying to detract from KT's sticky thread - let's limit this to your surprises only here.
It goes without saying the KT's have out-done themselves this year. As Texas 5A gets deeper and deeper in talent, their job gets tougher every year.
My random surprise thoughts are not meant to bash or prop up a program, just an opinion. And, let's also remember making the PO's and winning a PO game does not constitute a Top 25 teams.
1) Allen at 5. Clearly a team that has come along way, but they rode the shoulders of Nathan last year, and his loss in the semi-final shows me they have a ways to go as a program. Their D was suspect all year, and it appears that will continue to be the case. Yes, their O is loaded to the max - but you hate to have to out-score folks every game. Allen will sneak up on no one this year - they are a clear top program.
2) Cedar Hill at 4. Props to this program, but they lose a ton of guys - and their senior leadership last year was second to none. I don't think they duplicate that again this year, and they too sneak up on nobody in '07.
3) Tyler Lee off the list. It just looks odd with them not on there. Has the program fallen off? Yes - but I think this exclusion gives them motivation to get back to the beast they were for a 5 years - we'll see.
4) SA Reagan off the list. I think they pick up where they left off in the PO's - just a hunch. But, that district will be brutal.
5) Plano East excluded. This team had SW beat last year until Rico went down and was playing very well in the PO's. I think that trend continues.