Thread: Before The Game

Default Before The Game

I carried my wife out to eat tonight. Just a thought. I live in Nacogdoches, the armpit of east Texas. I always carry my wife out to eat before we go to the football game on Friday nights. There are not any good resturants in Nacogdoches. You have The Cotton Patch, Chili's, Casa Ole, The Haverty House, La Carretta, and thats about it. There is not really a good steakhouse in town. You would think with SFA being here there would be more decent places to eat here. I guess the eating places are on a losing streak like the Golden Dragons. Ow well I guess it is lucky I support my old high school, and go to the games in Lufkin.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer stevefoxsc's Avatar

well when ever i was in high school in band before the games on friday we would usually just go to wendy's mc donalds or what ever was close unless it was an away game i'd get mom to get me somthing and if it was a home game after eating we'd play wall ball and do are special section traditions n stuff.

All-State

Before each game(home and away), the quarterback club has a tailgate party so any dawg fan can get them some free food before enjoying the game.....

Scout Teamer

Wing Stop(every game)
    LD Bell Senior 2006

All-World

Ray's drive in in lufkin, its tough to beat before a game!!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

Default Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by LP-79
    I carried my wife out to eat tonight. Just a thought. I live in Nacogdoches, the armpit of east Texas. I always carry my wife out to eat before we go to the football game on Friday nights. There are not any good resturants in Nacogdoches. You have The Cotton Patch, Chili's, Casa Ole, The Haverty House, La Carretta, and thats about it. There is not really a good steakhouse in town. You would think with SFA being here there would be more decent places to eat here. I guess the eating places are on a losing streak like the Golden Dragons. Ow well I guess it is lucky I support my old high school, and go to the games in Lufkin.
    I hear a lot of you guys trashing Nacogdoches, but don't get it. There are plenty of places that are much smaller and don't have as much stuff. In my times of driving through both towns, I've never considered one of them as having an advantage over the other one. One Christmas Night I only could find 1 Mexican restaurant open in Nacogdoches. The last time I went to Lufkin, which was a few weeks ago, the Chili's closed before closing time and the Applebee's was already closed. I do think Lufkin has more businesses.

I can promise you there are worse places in ET than Nacogdoches that have a decent population.

Default Agree

Nacogdoches is not that bad. Your just not ever going to hear too many people from Lufkin speaking nice of Nac and vice-versa. I was working in Nac last summer for homeowners and would mention I was from Lufkin. They would say some pretty rude things about Lufkin-even little old ladies. I do notice for a college town they dont get very many of the national chains. The population of Nac is almost the same as Lufkin but of course 12,000 of their's is college students. It does make for some good scenery in Nac-especially in warm weather. (College girls!)
    It definitely looks smaller than Lufkin as you drive through. One major problem on the main road. At certain places on South Street you get a confluence of smells from the chicken plant and the dog food plant.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoppellCowboy57's Avatar

As a team we had chick-fil-a with a smothy from smothy factory!, away games, we had to buy or own food
    The Coppell Cowboys

BACK TO BACK 5-5A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS 2012/2013

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005
    3rd Battalion 1st Marines The Balls of The Corps 2005 - 2009