Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissapointment of the Year

Default Dissapointment of the Year

who do you think could have done more but didnt or did not live up to their hype?

my vote goes to lufkin.
    Sure, winning isn't everything. It's the only thing.

Sports do not build character
    . They reveal it.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

COUGARCITY!

All-World

Default Re: Dissapointment of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    who do you think could have done more but didnt or did not live up to their hype?

my vote goes to lufkin.
    Ditto.
    Montgomery Bears
    District 17-4A

Administrator

I expected more from Lufkin, North Shore and A&M Consolidated. I could probably throw Judson in there as well.

Shore was loaded up again following reloading in 04 and 05 after the 2003 championship. They started the year getting dominant results as expected, but really faded by the end of the season. I think some injuries played a role, but that's still shocking to me.

Consol because they returned quite a few players from a State Semi-Finalist team a year ago. They were playing well again before running into a surging Round Rock team in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherStang84 View Post
    Ditto.
    ditto
    Life is tough, but its tougher when your stupid.

"Into the valley of death, rode the 500" kind of summed up ACM and lufkins consequential demise to RR.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." -Nathan Hale (last words before being executed by the british for being a spy during the revolutionary war..he was a 21 y/o school teacher..he faced execution with dignity and like a MAN!)

"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Judson. After the weird finalist season last year I was expecting a little more this year...

Quote Originally Posted by LUFPAN View Post
    ditto
    Ditto on your ditto.

As a Lufkin fan, I guess you get caught up in it all when you hear all the hype. For me, 2006 was a disappointment because everyone in Packland expected so much and believed this was the year. In the end, Round Rock pulled our pants down around our ankles and exposed us for all of our short comings.

I would say that A&M Consolidated and North Shore were a close 2nd.

THW was a close 3rd with all the talk surrounding their tough non-district schedule.
    http://lufkinpanthersports.com

www.lufkinpanthersports.com

wide-e-wide

Definitely my Lufkin Panthers.

North Shore can no longer be considered a disappointment. They're hyped every year and bow out early in the playoffs every year.

I saw the NS-Pearland score this year and was just like "Ho hum, they lost again". Wasn't suprised, I've just come to expect it.

Now, if they went out and won state this year, I'd be suprised. They apparently can't get there unless they have someone named Bobby Reid on there roster.

Lufkin Lufkin and Lufkin. Thats all I can say

And also, like most people say North Shore, I was not shocked at all, I knew they were going to be that way again like last year after seening them end of season not surprising. By the way, Lufkin should be the most of all after hearing all about them.
    Tyler Lee Red Raiders

now dont get all over me when i say this but....
    one of the biggest dissapointments for me this year was seeing such a poor performance in the state game by Falls. It was so frustrating to see a TOTALLY different team show up in the finals than the one that beat katy.
    I know that C-hill was a great team but they werent 35 points better than any top ten team this year, esp falls. I still firmly believe that if the same "intense" Falls team that beat katy showed up in the dome...falls wins by 14. That was Falls signature though this year....INCOSISTENTCY
    I wish it werent true, but it was apparent that Falls focus was Katy and once they accompished that goal they coasted.
    pearland is your baby.....you love your baby....that baby can be BUTT UGLY....but you will never call it ugly....because well, it's YOUR baby.....now me on the other hand....when you take the blanket off his head I'll say "ahhhhh how precious" but as soon as you leave I will say "That was one UGLY Baby" wise words from the dada4w

It's not that I am disappointed with the boys, but it's just that I can't believe we lost to anyone!
    Trinity Trojans

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raiders View Post
    And also, like most people say North Shore, I was not shocked at all, I knew they were going to be that way again like last year after seening them end of season not surprising. By the way, Lufkin should be the most of all after hearing all about them.
    I wasn't shocked when Pearland beat NS. Given the way they played in the second half of the reg season, I didn't think they stood a great chance of going to state.

I'm just surprised they declined the way they did after the way they played in non-district.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    I wasn't shocked when Pearland beat NS. Given the way they played in the second half of the reg season, I didn't think they stood a great chance of going to state.

I'm just surprised they declined the way they did after the way they played in non-district.
    How do you think, we NS faithful feel. Started the year like gangbusters and man faded like the end of a movie. But if you read all the threads from sept/oct - we really suspected the QB and the consistency of the offense play. They had talent - but the QB was suspect and it showed - especially in the Pearland game. That offense should have been able to score at least 2 to 3 TD's in the 2nd half. Instead they got the big "0" when PL offense worn down our defense with their awesome running.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Overall despite classes:

in order:

Lufkin
    NS
    Gilmer
    Judson
    PAM
    SV
    ACM
    Last edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity; 01-03-2007 at 06:41 PM.
    Well look at what the West Texas wind is blowing back in....

Follow me on Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer; 2011 Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WestlandTiger'95 View Post
    now dont get all over me when i say this but....
    I know that C-hill was a great team but they werent 35 points better than any top ten team this year, esp falls.
    Maybe they weren't 35 points better than CF. But things were so out of control from CF's perspective, that CH possibly could have rung up two or three more TDs if William Cole hadn't been pulled before the end of the third period. Furthermore, there's a good chance CH would have avoided punting and thus not allowed CF's last 7 points on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTrojan80 View Post
    It's not that I am disappointed with the boys, but it's just that I can't believe we lost to anyone!
    i cant believe it either, with trinity's long history of undefeated seasons..
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." -Nathan Hale (last words before being executed by the british for being a spy during the revolutionary war..he was a 21 y/o school teacher..he faced execution with dignity and like a MAN!)

"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

Well going into the playoffs i thought that Lufkin would win D-1, and SV would win D-2. So considering they were both ousted in the 1st round, i'd consider both of them to be biggest dissappointment A & B.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member t00 playa's Avatar

North Shore has to be mentioned.... however... i harped on thier lack of offense at the beginning of district play....i know many of you read "hype" but if you would have actually read posts in which actual NS posters who had been to the games all season... it shouldnt have been a surprise... NS was a one sided team this year...and many of us NS posters..harped on it . all they had was a defense....not much else...and im most dissapointed in the fact that we had stellar athletes on offense... and a huge O-line.... which makes for a solid offense... however... it never came around...so i wasnt surprised... but yes NS is a big dissapointment... aymond has trouble winning in the playoffs....bottom line....however.. NS has exited early and even in the past 3 seasons...all three losses.. were to teams that won the region...so its not like we are being ousted by lackluster teams...we will make it over the hump again... in fact.. as bad as we were this year.. we had our chance to beat pearland..but we will make it over the hump again...
    Last edited by t00 playa; 01-03-2007 at 07:19 PM.
    Twitter: t00playa

North Shore Mustangs non Bandwaggoner

TulsaHale74 - Gone but not forgotten.