Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your preference between pistol or revolver, and what brand do you own/like?

Default Your preference between pistol or revolver, and what brand do you own/like?

Please note, it is a sporting and not a political thread.

Default Re: Your preference between pistol or revolver, and what brand do you own/like?

Revolver is one of my favourite beatles albums
    Go Bucs, Wildcats, Roughnecks.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoveMom's Avatar

Default Re: Your preference between pistol or revolver, and what brand do you own/like?

Revolvers look cool. Don't own either, but I like trying to hit targets with black powder revolvers at Scout Camp. Notice, I said "trying." The kick sets you up to needing to think a bit more about what you are doing with those.

True story. My boyfriend in my Junior year lived in Dallas and worked at Monkey Ward's. He didn't come to see me in Tyler for about 3 weeks so he could work extra and pay for a .357 Magnum long barrel he really, really wanted. The deal was: If I would not whine, I got to shoot it first. Soooo, the big day comes and we drive out to a place in the country with a few dumpsters (targets). Well, I grabbed that puppy and held it out in front of me all Charlie's Angels and then LOCKED MY ELBOWS before pulling the trigger. My wire-rimmed glasses were bent around my face and the shot of course hit a low flying cloud! Next shot, since I knew better by then, was done one-armed. Not pretty. I was not allowed another try. I still smile about that one.
    "I get the ball, I throw the ball, and then I take a shower." Mariano Rivera

"I hope it doesn't attack me..." words spoken by RedRage00 upon seeing a small deer in my backyard.

wide-e-wide

You got a problem? I got a problem solver...and his name is Revolver- Dr. Dre'

I don't own any weapons but when I am given both of the options in video games I choose the revolver...it seems more powerful. I also like the Rage song 'revolver' haha.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Miss Kitty's Avatar

Revolver - Smith&Wesson .357Mag
    Cindy-"I am ready for some volleyball. Do you have any cheers ready for the girls?" Kitty - "Yeah, my cheer for Pup is always, "if you mess up, NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

Banned

Glock 33 is mine

I once had a BB gun....
    Deer Park: True Birthplace of Texas Independence. Santa Ana Capture Site. Official Surrender Treaty Signing Site.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCDawgs View Post
    Yep.

All-Omnipotent Copypasta GoOwls's Avatar
    Garland, Texas...and just keeping it real in The Yard

S&W semi-auto .45 cal........dont' be uninvited in my house......ouch!
    Scoped Russian SKS for the long shots.......
    S&W semi-auto .22 cal Model 622 w/bull barrell and custom target grips just for fun. Sweet little gun, I can put all 200 rounds in the center mass circle or in the head on a silhouette target at 15 yards in rapid fire. Little holes, but all lethal.
    Revolvers are ancient news. Like using arrows, spears, and rocks.
    2013 5A TEXAS HS FOOTBALL COLLEGE TOP GUN "PICK 'EM" CHAMPION

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it......shut up about the 10% and deal with the 90%....you have control over the 90%.

CHARACTER is not found in a bottle, a pipe, a doob, a line, a hit, a needle, or any other means of obsession that alters the mind and creates illusions of grandeur, no matter how hard you look for it there... If you have to prop it up with a substance....it ain't CHARACTER.

I currently own a Sig Sauer P226 and a H&K USP 40 compact. I'm kind of a collector of NATO issued handguns. I've owned every one of them at one time or another. Unfortunately, I don't have the pocket book to own them all at once. So I just keep trading and buying. These 2 that I have right now, I find really hard to part with though.

DESERT EAGLE NUKKAH

I KEEPS IT TRILL IN THE VILLE!!!

not living in TEXAS sucks

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Revolver hands down. Wont jam on you and leaves no shells.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Quote Originally Posted by GoOwls4X56636499 View Post
    S&W semi-auto .22 cal Model 622 w/bull barrell and custom target grips just for fun. Sweet little gun, I can put all 200 rounds in the center mass circle or in the head on a silhouette target at 15 yards in rapid fire. Little holes, but all lethal.
    I'm pretty good with arrows....

"I hope it doesn't attack me..." words spoken by RedRage00 upon seeing a small deer in my backyard.

wide-e-wide

Note to self: never piss off GoOwls

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

I had a SKS....stupid cops took it from me.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

WTF?! What tha hell are you gonna to do with all that fire-power, GoOwls? Please tell me they're not for hunting purposes? And if they are....what are you hunting....Jaws or Bigfoot?!

All of the sudden, this is how I picture GoOwls....

"Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

lmao, that was funny OnE.

screw it this is what im gonna open my door with from now on

I KEEPS IT TRILL IN THE VILLE!!!

not living in TEXAS sucks

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoveMom View Post
    lmao, that was funny OnE.
    Gracias...
    I aim to please!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

All-Omnipotent Copypasta GoOwls's Avatar
    Garland, Texas...and just keeping it real in The Yard

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

TGO, that was funny, you made me laugh out loud. I really needed that. Actually, I don't use them that much. The .45 was inherited from my dad who passed away in 1997. I took it to the range in about 2000 and that was the last time it had rounds in it. I don't even own any rounds for it. A thief wouldn't have to worry about it unless I threw it at him. It's just too expensive to shoot the darn thing. The SKS, I got back about 1997 or so. It's the more expensive Russian version, mine was made in 1954. It's still packed in the original packing grease and never fired. It's more of an investment and an oddity than anything. Now the .22 target is my toy. About once a year I get a brick of 500 .22's and go to the range a fire away for an afternoon. I inherited other "farmer" weapons from my dad, an old single shot shotgun, an old sinlge shot .22 rifle, and an old 9 shot .22 revolver, but I gave them to my son for for his legacy.

I made it sound worse than it was..........
    2013 5A TEXAS HS FOOTBALL COLLEGE TOP GUN "PICK 'EM" CHAMPION

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it......shut up about the 10% and deal with the 90%....you have control over the 90%.

CHARACTER is not found in a bottle, a pipe, a doob, a line, a hit, a needle, or any other means of obsession that alters the mind and creates illusions of grandeur, no matter how hard you look for it there... If you have to prop it up with a substance....it ain't CHARACTER.