Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 636

Thread: The Spurs

  1. #1
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SA MACARTHUR
    Posts
    1,800

    Default The Spurs

    Are getting it handed to them by the Rockettes.

    53-36 halftime lead for Houston.


    This mostly due to the fact that the Spurs aren't playing like the Spurs.
    MACARTHUR FC

    BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Class 5A Region Quarterfinals
    (7) Mac 0-3 (4) Churchill
    Next Match:


    GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    Class 5A Region IV Championship
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:
    Class 5A State Tournament Semifinals
    MacArthur vs. Southlake Carroll

  2. #2
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Is Back View Post
    Are getting it handed to them by the Rockettes.

    53-36 halftime lead for Houston.


    This mostly due to the fact that the Spurs aren't playing like the Spurs.
    Holy Shoot!!!
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SA MACARTHUR
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed6x View Post
    Holy Shoot!!!
    My eyes started bleeding with 4:17 left in the 2nd quarter.
    MACARTHUR FC

    BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Class 5A Region Quarterfinals
    (7) Mac 0-3 (4) Churchill
    Next Match:


    GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    Class 5A Region IV Championship
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:
    Class 5A State Tournament Semifinals
    MacArthur vs. Southlake Carroll

  4. #4
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Is Back View Post
    My eyes started bleeding with 4:17 left in the 2nd quarter.
    My eyes were bleeding as soon as you put that score update up.

    My eyes are bleeding heavily now:

    Rockets 61
    Spurs 47

    6:40 3rd Quarter
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Is Back View Post
    Are getting it handed to them by the Rockettes.

    53-36 halftime lead for Houston.


    This mostly due to the fact that the Spurs aren't playing like the Spurs.
    That is probably because they have to play the Hornets tommorow night.
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    All-Interweb jrock210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Converse
    Posts
    13,717

    Default Re: The Spurs

    spurs arent playing like they usually do
    Best Poster At The Game- 2010 Winner

    RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

  7. #7
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by jrock210 View Post
    spurs arent playing like they usually do
    Well if they keep on playing like this, they won't catch the Mavs in the Southwest division and they won't beat them in the playoffs again.
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SA MACARTHUR
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Houston keeps piling it on.

    Rockets 79
    Spurs 61

    4th
    MACARTHUR FC

    BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Class 5A Region Quarterfinals
    (7) Mac 0-3 (4) Churchill
    Next Match:


    GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    Class 5A Region IV Championship
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:
    Class 5A State Tournament Semifinals
    MacArthur vs. Southlake Carroll

  9. #9
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Is Back View Post
    Houston keeps piling it on.

    Rockets 79
    Spurs 61

    4th
    Dude forget it. The Spurs aren't going to catch them. If they do want to win they better start their run and score alot of points to win. Lonny will be in the Spurs fans' faces after tonight is over. His Mavs are killing the Clippers 75-53.
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SA MACARTHUR
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed6x View Post
    Dude forget it. The Spurs aren't going to catch them. If they do want to win they better start their run and score alot of points to win. Lonny will be in the Spurs fans' faces after tonight is over. His Mavs are killing the Clippers 75-53.

    No surprise there.

    Lonny needs a reason to mouth off to Spurs fans...his Mavs haven't given him much reason in the shadow of the Spurs lately.
    MACARTHUR FC

    BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Class 5A Region Quarterfinals
    (7) Mac 0-3 (4) Churchill
    Next Match:


    GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    Class 5A Region IV Championship
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:
    Class 5A State Tournament Semifinals
    MacArthur vs. Southlake Carroll

  11. #11
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Is Back View Post
    No surprise there.

    Lonny needs a reason to mouth off to Spurs fans...his Mavs haven't given him much reason in the shadow of the Spurs lately.
    Oh I am sure that we will have a long post of stats later tonigh. This is going to be a long night with Lonny's 2 cents.
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    All-Interweb jrock210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Converse
    Posts
    13,717

    Default Re: The Spurs

    i gave up when the spurs starters were scring but not stopping the rockets from scoring
    Best Poster At The Game- 2010 Winner

    RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

  13. #13
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by jrock210 View Post
    i gave up when the spurs starters were scring but not stopping the rockets from scoring
    They just sucked tonight. They let the Rockets beat them for the first time since 1997 and the Rockets were 0-17 since then. I think that sent a message to the Spurs that they need to start playing better if they want to win the Southwest division.
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    36,754

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by jrock210 View Post
    spurs arent playing like they usually do
    I didn't think they would keep winning like they did, but I didn't expect them to play this bad.

  15. #15
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    36,754

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed6x View Post
    That is probably because they have to play the Hornets tommorow night.
    You want to have a good effort and get a good lead the first night to rest players. Sometimes you rest players to save them for the next night. The Hornets won in OT tonight and the Spurs will buck the back-to-back trend and win tomorrow night. If the Spurs had beat Houston, they might've lost tomorrow night.

  16. #16
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    10,412

    Default Re: The Spurs

    its one game..in basketball they play like 72?

    its like baseball crying about losing one series...its 162 games long


    football is different, one game is HUGE
    FOF

  17. #17
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    36,754

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed6x View Post
    Dude forget it. The Spurs aren't going to catch them. If they do want to win they better start their run and score alot of points to win. Lonny will be in the Spurs fans' faces after tonight is over. His Mavs are killing the Clippers 75-53.
    There's nothing to be in anybody's face about. Both teams are 20-7 and probably mad that they're that bad. I'm upset that Dallas is only 20-3 in the last 23 games.

  18. #18
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    36,754

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Is Back View Post
    No surprise there.

    Lonny needs a reason to mouth off to Spurs fans...his Mavs haven't given him much reason in the shadow of the Spurs lately.
    There's no shadow now!

  19. #19
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    36,754

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by dragons08 View Post
    its one game..in basketball they play like 72?

    its like baseball crying about losing one series...its 162 games long


    football is different, one game is HUGE
    It is one game out of 82, but those teams want every edge they can get to have a Game 7 at home. I've personally watched both teams win on the other guy's floor in the playoffs and regular season, so it's not like that's a lock. These teams are close most years and every loss does hurt in the effort to win the division:

    2000-2001 Spurs 58-24 Mavs 53-29
    2001-2002 Spurs 58-24 Mavs 57-25
    2002-2003 Spurs 60-22 Mavs 60-22
    2003-2004 Spurs 57-25 Mavs 52-30
    2004-2005 Spurs 59-23 Mavs 58-24
    2005-2006 Spurs 63-19 Mavs 60-22
    2006-2007 Spurs 20-7 Mavs 20-7

  20. #20
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    10,412

    Default Re: The Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by lonny23 View Post
    It is one game out of 82, but those teams want every edge they can get to have a Game 7 at home. I've personally watched both teams win on the other guy's floor in the playoffs and regular season, so it's not like that's a lock. These teams are close most years and every loss does hurt in the effort to win the division:

    2000-2001 Spurs 58-24 Mavs 53-29
    2001-2002 Spurs 58-24 Mavs 57-25
    2002-2003 Spurs 60-22 Mavs 60-22
    2003-2004 Spurs 57-25 Mavs 52-30
    2004-2005 Spurs 59-23 Mavs 58-24
    2005-2006 Spurs 63-19 Mavs 60-22
    2006-2007 Spurs 20-7 Mavs 20-7
    hitting stride late in the season IMO helps a lot more.

    most sports is like that. notice how the wildcard teams like always win now a days, they have all the momentum.
    FOF

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •