Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll?

Default What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll?

Any thoughts?

Default Re: What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll?

Pray. A lot.
    I am David Koresh.

I think this game will be a shootout. If Allen can just stop SLC a little bit, obviously Carroll will light up the scoreboard like always but Allen needs to just try to think about maying containing them a little bit. Allen has a great offense too. This game will probably take 6 hours to play.
    Last edited by GarlandOwl06; 12-10-2006 at 12:22 PM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

figure out a way to outplay the slc defense, which so far has been an option. the allen defense will have to play lights out too, since scoring 21+ is not terribly likely.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

Does Allen have the type of defense that could bother Riley Dodge? I honestly know very little about Allen. Who did they lose to this year?

All-American

Also, they must keep a balanced D. With a breakout game like Tre had yesterday, you now have to watch for the long ball, and the very strong run.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierdad View Post
    Does Allen have the type of defense that could bother Riley Dodge? I honestly know very little about Allen. Who did they lose to this year?
    They lost to Garland 38-35 in the first game of the season.

All-District

Its not like they cant be beaten.

Like I sd in the WF vs. Allen post game thread, have faith in your team(Eagle fans). The only thing Allen can do at this point is play to their abilities and leave it on the field. Its the semis...you got it or you dont.

Allen better be able to be multi-dimensional on Offense to keep the Carroll D guessing.. if you just pass, pass pass, then you wont win and vice versa with running (the dragon d is too good against the run) The Allen O. is very good and they are going to have to play their best come saturday to keep up with SLC.
    '88,'92,'93,'02,'04,'05,'06,'11
    Pride is Making History....
    "GET IT"- C.S.R.I.P.

"The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch"

Quote Originally Posted by BigFanSLC View Post
    Allen better be able to be multi-dimensional on Offense to keep the Carroll D guessing.. if you just pass, pass pass, then you wont win and vice versa with running (the dragon d is too good against the run) The Allen O. is very good and they are going to have to play their best come saturday to keep up with SLC.
    Both teams are multi-demensional, SLC is always good on keeping the chains moving usually with Tre & Riley only though. Allen can run and pass with multiple backs and recievers. Would give SLC a slight edge on O overall and on D SLC is much better as Allen gives up big plays but holds when needed. Look at RR & SW games both with good O but Allen held when really had to.

So the real way to bet SLC is like Trinty did, jam the recievers at the line, sack Dodge and contain the run with good run defense. Unfortunately, Allen is only so so at that. For Allen to win we need SLC to play like yesterday, 2 INT's & 2 fumbles lost as well as contain long bombs and the run. It can be done. Only Trinity and Katy have done so in the last few years. Would like to see Allen step up and do it next week but guess we'll see.

This will be a great game as both teams have large followings and SLC looks to be suspect to getting beat. Trinty had them beat until the coach made two bonehead moves, not kicking the FG in 1st QTR and fack punt with 1:27 left. Their defense stifled SLC's O in that game and do not believe they would have been able to come back 10 pts with that time left and 80 yds if he had done everything right, but didn't so all just thoughts of how he lost the game as SLC won 22-21 instead of losing 24-22.
    Allen Eagles
    2008, 2012 & 2013 5A Div. I State Champions

2001, 2003-04, 2006-2013 District Champions & Plano City Champs

Allen needs to learn how to defend the pass. I don't get it really. This team knows how to pass really well, why can't they learn how to defend something they're good at?
    2008, 2012, 2013 State Champions

Live Allen football game updates on Twitter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierdad View Post
    Any thoughts?
    i think the question should be what can carrol do to have a chance at beating allen. allen's passing gaem will be touble for carroll and allen's qb does'nt make it any better for the dragons. it will be a very hight scoring game. the differense will be in favor of who ever establishes the run better. the best counter to the spread offense is time consuming drives with points and some kind of defense. a couple of turnovers will be a big plus.i think allen wins 38-35.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenEagle06 View Post
    Allen needs to learn how to defend the pass. I don't get it really. This team knows how to pass really well, why can't they learn how to defend something they're good at?
    Poor execution during practices during the week... Thats why SLC is so good at defending spread O's. Because they face the best recievers/QB/RB and Offense in the state everyday.
    "GET IT"- C.S.R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by big red & cujo View Post
    i think the question should be what can carrol do to have a chance at beating allen. allen's passing gaem will be touble for carroll and allen's qb does'nt make it any better for the dragons. it will be a very hight scoring game. the differense will be in favor of who ever establishes the run better. the best counter to the spread offense is time consuming drives with points and some kind of defense. a couple of turnovers will be a big plus.i think allen wins 38-35.
    HAVE YOU SEEN THE CARROLL D THIS YEAR? giving up 38 points is a rediculous statement.
    "GET IT"- C.S.R.I.P.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Go back and look at the Rockwall games for both teams..that would indicate how it might go....
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Banned

Steroids

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Steroids
    Brilliant contribution to the thread..
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Steroids
    YOUR AN IDIOT.
    Steroids dont help you win 76 games in 5A. Heart, pride and execution wins.
    "GET IT"- C.S.R.I.P.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    Brilliant contribution to the thread..
    Whoa! No flames, please. It's a joke, sort of. Looks like I somehow hit a nerve there. Didn't realize it wasn't a laughing matter to some of you. Wow, what was it Shakespeare said about protesting too much? LOL.
    Last edited by Winston; 12-10-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigFanSLC View Post
    HAVE YOU SEEN THE CARROLL D THIS YEAR? giving up 38 points is a rediculous statement.
    yes i have seen carrols d. they have not played the teams allen has played. carrols defense was toasted by trinity and will be hit hard against a better offense. they will give up points in the 30's believe me. this carrol teams is not as good as the past. this allen team is not the same team you have been blowing out the last couple of years. we will see how rediculious it is.
    Last edited by big red & cujo; 12-10-2006 at 01:33 PM.