• Macarthur

28 54.90%
  • Madison

23 45.10%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No. 5 Macarthur vs. No. (3) Madison

All-World

Default No. 5 Macarthur vs. No. (3) Madison

Who wins, and thus is the final playoff team in 26-5A? Score?
    MACARTHUR FC

BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Class 5A Region Quarterfinals
    (7) Mac 0-3 (4) Churchill
    Next Match:

GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    Class 5A Region IV Championship
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:
    Class 5A State Tournament Semifinals
    MacArthur vs. Southlake Carroll

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer eingedikid's Avatar

Default Re: No. 5 Macarthur vs. No. (3) Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Is Back
    Who wins, and thus is the final playoff team in 26-5A? Score?
    I would highly suspect this goes to Mac, although the battle for fourth may actually still be between Reagan and Judson when all's said and done. If Judson goes down against SV, they will need to get out of their funk fast or else Reagan will be more than happy to crash Judson's playoff plans, and return the favor from the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by eingedikid
    I would highly suspect this goes to Mac, although the battle for fourth may actually still be between Reagan and Judson when all's said and done. If Judson goes down against SV, they will need to get out of their funk fast or else Reagan will be more than happy to crash Judson's playoff plans, and return the favor from the year before.
    judson has only 1 district loss and if they lose to sv they WILL come out and beat reagan
    Best Poster At The Game- 2010 Winner

RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer; 2009 Pick 'Em Challenge Champion baylordad's Avatar

Madison by 3
    IT TAKES BALLS TO PLAY GOLF!

Madison can't spot Mac any points and the "D" they have to key on Craig on runs. We found a passing game, abit late. but now let's mix it up with the running of devin thomas and maybe we can get back to scoring big points the way we have early in the season. MAVS by 6

All-World

Default Re: No. 5 Macarthur vs. No. 8 Madison

Madison's lack of defense is what makes the difference in this game. Mac can play D when called upon to do so and Madison's shaky passing game won't be enough to overcome Macarthur's multi-weapon offense.

This game is similar to Mac-Churchill - mostly offense, with a few key defensive stands.

Macarthur 35
    Madison 27
    MACARTHUR FC

BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Next Match:

GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:

All-Galaxy

Madison's lack of defense is what makes the difference in this game. Mac can play D when called upon to do so and Madison's shaky passing game won't be enough to overcome Macarthur's multi-weapon offense.

This game is similar to Mac-Churchill - mostly offense, with a few key defensive stands.

Macarthur 35
    Madison 27
    I agree. If they can slow Thomas down, its going to be a good game. However, QB number 4 for Madison showed some light to their passing game. He came in for the starting QB the other night and looked good. If they have trouble with Thomas, and #4 playes, then Madison should win the game. If not, I agree with the score you predicted. If Mac had a decent defense, they would be capable of going VERY deep in the playoffs.

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    I agree. If they can slow Thomas down, its going to be a good game. However, QB number 4 for Madison showed some light to their passing game. He came in for the starting QB the other night and looked good. If they have trouble with Thomas, and #4 playes, then Madison should win the game. If not, I agree with the score you predicted. If Mac had a decent defense, they would be capable of going VERY deep in the playoffs.
    Madison showed signs of a passing game against Churchill, but unfortunately it was rocky at best. There were far too many incompletions. And against a team who boasts potentially the most dangerous offense in the district, you can't afford to go into 3 and outs on dropped passes.

Mac knows Thomas is going to get the ball. Now, because of the Churchill game, they also know that Madison may throw the ball around. Mac plays very good pass protection, IMO, and if they can limit Thomas like Churchill did then this one should be a thriller in favor of Mac. I just hope we're ready to play.
    MACARTHUR FC

BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Next Match:

GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:

All-Galaxy

Madison showed signs of a passing game against Churchill, but unfortunately it was rocky at best. There were far too many incompletions. And against a team who boasts potentially the most dangerous offense in the district, you can't afford to go into 3 and outs on dropped passes.

Mac knows Thomas is going to get the ball. Now, because of the Churchill game, they also know that Madison may throw the ball around. Mac plays very good pass protection, IMO, and if they can limit Thomas like Churchill did then this one should be a thriller in favor of Mac. I just hope we're ready to play.
    Madison did not look so good in the first half passing. The score reflected that. However, they took the starting QB out and replaced him with #4 (not sure of his name), and he completed some key throws. The second half comeback reflected this. Also, Churchill did not stop Thomas so much, Madison just did not use him. When they did, he had some good gains. They did stop him up the middle, but he would gain 6+ yards every time he went outside. Madison just was not sending in the outside run plays. Honestly, I dont know what Madison is doing. They have a good passing QB (#4). They have an outstanding RB. Their defense is OK. I dont see why they do not give to Thomas and let him hit the sideline. Do this left, right, left, right. Maybe a couple up the middle, then go play action with #4 in there. DO NOT run the QB. This cost them late in the game. You have Thomas, give it to him. I would like to hear from Madison fans, who is the backup that played the 2nd half, and why is he not playing more? What happened to the starter Saturday? I know he was not hurt because he was playing on special teams.

All-World

Madison did not look so good in the first half passing. The score reflected that. However, they took the starting QB out and replaced him with #4 (not sure of his name), and he completed some key throws. The second half comeback reflected this. Also, Churchill did not stop Thomas so much, Madison just did not use him. When they did, he had some good gains. They did stop him up the middle, but he would gain 6+ yards every time he went outside. Madison just was not sending in the outside run plays. Honestly, I dont know what Madison is doing. They have a good passing QB (#4). They have an outstanding RB. Their defense is OK. I dont see why they do not give to Thomas and let him hit the sideline. Do this left, right, left, right. Maybe a couple up the middle, then go play action with #4 in there. DO NOT run the QB. This cost them late in the game. You have Thomas, give it to him. I would like to hear from Madison fans, who is the backup that played the 2nd half, and why is he not playing more? What happened to the starter Saturday? I know he was not hurt because he was playing on special teams.
    Mylar, I thought was his name.

Mac-Madison boasts the following:

1) 2 very strong teams offensively
    2) 2 very efficient running backs
    3) a rush-based offensive against a multiweapon offense

Honestly, I think Mac can play far better defense than Madison. Notice the word 'can'. It's key.

Kevin Schmid is a tremendous passer and can hit any one of his top 3 receivers (Loftin, Odom, Chambers) or hand it off to Craig or Schraim.

The key to Mac's defense is forcing broken plays and turnovers, something they did well against Taft, Churchill, and Roosevelt.

Madison may be pissed about 2 straight losses, but Mac can smell the playoffs and is hungry. It probably doesn't help that Mac guns for Madison more than any other team every year.

Tough call, but this is the game that will end a season and extend another.
    MACARTHUR FC

BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Next Match:

GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:

All-Galaxy

Mylar, I thought was his name.

Mac-Madison boasts the following:

1) 2 very strong teams offensively
    2) 2 very efficient running backs
    3) a rush-based offensive against a multiweapon offense

Honestly, I think Mac can play far better defense than Madison. Notice the word 'can'. It's key.

Kevin Schmid is a tremendous passer and can hit any one of his top 3 receivers (Loftin, Odom, Chambers) or hand it off to Craig or Schraim.

The key to Mac's defense is forcing broken plays and turnovers, something they did well against Taft, Churchill, and Roosevelt.

Madison may be pissed about 2 straight losses, but Mac can smell the playoffs and is hungry. It probably doesn't help that Mac guns for Madison more than any other team every year.

Tough call, but this is the game that will end a season and extend another.
    Yea Myler, they took him out and put in #4 (not Myler) at the half. This is a big reason for the close comeback. Madison will be pissed, but this might hurt them more then help. If anyone has a Churchill/Madison box score that will be great!

All-World

Yea Myler, they took him out and put in #4 (not Myler) at the half. This is a big reason for the close comeback. Madison will be pissed, but this might hurt them more then help. If anyone has a Churchill/Madison box score that will be great!
    Lack of focus?

>Churchill 0 10 (10) 17 0 27
    Madison 0 0 (0) 6 14 20

I think this is about it.
    MACARTHUR FC

BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Next Match:

GIRLS VARSITY
    24-1-1, 15-0-1
    Last match:
    (1) Mac 1-0 (2) Reagan
    Next match:

mac should win, but nothing guaranteed in the 26-5
    He is I and I am Him!!

IN CANIS CONFIDERUS

God Bless Kent Atwell...(Atwelljroc)
    37 CONSECUTIVE WINNING SEASONS

#4 was Bryan Ehrlich. he was JV. mylar had his bell rung early in the game and sat out afew and ehrlich was doing such a great job moving the team, they stuck with him. Good JOB young man. Let's see if they stick with him against Mac.

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by SAdude58
    #4 was Bryan Ehrlich. he was JV. mylar had his bell rung early in the game and sat out afew and ehrlich was doing such a great job moving the team, they stuck with him. Good JOB young man. Let's see if they stick with him against Mac.

Thanks for the info. I did see Mylar take 3 or 4 solid hits. That last one looked to knock him silly before the half. I just didnt understand why he came out after the half and played on the KO return team. Then he punted later. Thanks for clearing that up. Its going to be interesting to see if they play him this week. He did a great job passing. Not so great running, but that is why they have Thomas right?? Better combo than Thomas/Mylar IMO.

True better como with thomas/mylar if you want to run and forget the pass. mylar passing is not great, he thows high and behind the receivers. some passed that he thew against judson were high and not giving the guys to catch with #4 B.E. better passing QB good vision on receivers, but the not the best runner like mylar. he fumbled on a drive in the churchill red zone that could have put points in the first half, thats why they have thomas. I would thomas more offen now that the season and playoff's is on the line.

Madison- 45

MacArthur- 41
    S M I T H S O N V A L L E Y

R A N G E R S

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer shooter's Avatar
    a Nice Home in San Antonio and a Marriott in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by SAdude58

that's funny!

All-World

I can't WAIT for this game...
    I've been nervous about it all day.
    MACARTHUR FC

BOYS VARSITY
    16-5-3, 9-4-3
    Last Match:
    Next Match: