Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Poppy Seeds

  1. #1
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,625

    Default Poppy Seeds

    My boss brought us all donuts....cinnamon rolls and poppy seed muffins this morning. Should I eat them(poppy seeds) or is the a conspiracy to get rid of me? LOL
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  2. #2
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer mad_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Between there and nowhere
    Posts
    29,528

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by dada4w
    My boss brought us all donuts....cinnamon rolls and poppy seed muffins this morning. Should I eat them(poppy seeds) or is the a conspiracy to get rid of me? LOL

    I'd burn one and have a muffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong Hu View Post
    It is sublime insights such as this that indeed make the yard the MAD_HOUSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Seriously, though, why do you say the crap you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_phoenix612 View Post
    Why are you so aggressively ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    mad_fan is a puss... mad_fan is soulless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Alum View Post
    That may be the stupidest accusation I've ever seen. That's just plane stupidity on your part, I think you know that.

  3. #3
    BeauxGeezy
    Guest

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Mash it up into a thick paste...then heat that mushy stuff up 'til its sort of a liquid...go buy a bong and a Jefferson Airplane record and let the good times roll my friend.

  4. #4
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,625

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by mad_fan
    I'd burn one and have a muffin.
    Never thought of that....perfect time to do so....lol think I will eat a few....there is my alibi
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  5. #5
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,625

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauxGeezy
    Mash it up into a thick paste...then heat that mushy stuff up 'til its sort of a liquid...go buy a bong and a Jefferson Airplane record and let the good times roll my friend.
    I just had to explain the poppy seed/drug test connection to a co-worker...she had never heard of it before.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  6. #6
    BeauxGeezy
    Guest

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by dada4w
    I just had to explain the poppy seed/drug test connection to a co-worker...she had never heard of it before.

    she's in on the conspiracy brother...
    The old "I've never heard of that" routine huh? Oh yeah...she's with the Feds you can bet your *** on that.

  7. #7
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer mad_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Between there and nowhere
    Posts
    29,528

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by dada4w
    I just had to explain the poppy seed/drug test connection to a co-worker...she had never heard of it before.

    Is she HOT too??? Or just dumb???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong Hu View Post
    It is sublime insights such as this that indeed make the yard the MAD_HOUSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Seriously, though, why do you say the crap you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_phoenix612 View Post
    Why are you so aggressively ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    mad_fan is a puss... mad_fan is soulless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Alum View Post
    That may be the stupidest accusation I've ever seen. That's just plane stupidity on your part, I think you know that.

  8. #8
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lufkin, Texas
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    When they drug test you just borrow some pee from your significant other.

    "You passed the drug test, but your estrogen levels are out of whack".

  9. #9
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,625

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by Favpack
    When they drug test you just borrow some pee from your significant other.

    "You passed the drug test, but your estrogen levels are out of whack".
    or they tell me "You passed the drug test, but we hate to inform you that your are pregnant"
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  10. #10
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Miss Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Katy
    Posts
    7,453

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by dada4w
    or they tell me "You passed the drug test, but we hate to inform you that your are pregnant"

    I would cry.
    Cindy-"I am ready for some volleyball. Do you have any cheers ready for the girls?" Kitty - "Yeah, my cheer for Pup is always, "if you mess up, NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

  11. #11
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty
    I would cry.
    Why would you cry?
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,625

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed6x
    Why would you cry?
    Because she wouldnt be my "Baby Daddy"
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  13. #13
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CyFallsMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)
    Posts
    9,059

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Mash it up into a thick paste...then heat that mushy stuff up 'til its sort of a liquid...go buy a bong and a Jefferson Airplane record and let the good times roll my friend.
    Now that's funny

    I have a poppy seed story...just bear with me. As I've said before, I grew up in a predominantly German neighborhood (refugees from Nazi Germany for the most part). I am part German myself but only a very small part - the rest is Irish, English and Choctaw...I know, I'm a Heinz 57. But I digress - so anyway, these German ladies and my mom would all get together to do hair, watch soap operas, exchange recipes - you know - the quintessential 60's mom (before JFK and Woodstock). So, this one neighbor would make these poppy seed kolaches and they were STUFFED with the seeds. They were like 4 inches in diameter too and and 3 inches high (like a hamburger almost). I always saw them eating these things like they were going out of style and talking about how good they were so one day I ate one. It wasn't that great and not only did I get excessively tired and fuzzy brained afterwards but hurled it for the next 10 hours or so. Don't think Poppy Seeds aren't strong - they are. I only weighed all of 55 lbs when that happened and that was a huge kolache and, it was full of the things. Good thing I wasn't drug tested that day

    And those things are the reason none of those ladies needed prozac!!
    Cypress Falls Golden Eagles






    "Being a Princess isn't all it's cracked up to be"
    Princess Diana

    It's an amazing event. It makes rock concerts look like tea parties"
    John Winston Lennon on Monday Night Football 1974

  14. #14
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,625

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFallsMom
    Now that's funny

    I have a poppy seed story...just bear with me. As I've said before, I grew up in a predominantly German neighborhood (refugees from Nazi Germany for the most part). I am part German myself but only a very small part - the rest is Irish, English and Choctaw...I know, I'm a Heinz 57. But I digress - so anyway, these German ladies and my mom would all get together to do hair, watch soap operas, exchange recipes - you know - the quintessential 60's mom (before JFK and Woodstock). So, this one neighbor would make these poppy seed kolaches and they were STUFFED with the seeds. They were like 4 inches in diameter too and and 3 inches high (like a hamburger almost). I always saw them eating these things like they were going out of style and talking about how good they were so one day I ate one. It wasn't that great and not only did I get excessively tired and fuzzy brained afterwards but hurled it for the next 10 hours or so. Don't think Poppy Seeds aren't strong - they are. I only weighed all of 55 lbs when that happened and that was a huge kolache and, it was full of the things. Good thing I wasn't drug tested that day

    And those things are the reason none of those ladies needed prozac!!
    Are we having a tail gate for the Cy-Falls-Cy-Fair game....you should bring some of those kolaches....
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  15. #15
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CyFallsMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)
    Posts
    9,059

    Default Re: Poppy Seeds

    Now wouldn't that make for a special evening

    I'm pretty sure Berry doesn't allow tailgates though
    Cypress Falls Golden Eagles






    "Being a Princess isn't all it's cracked up to be"
    Princess Diana

    It's an amazing event. It makes rock concerts look like tea parties"
    John Winston Lennon on Monday Night Football 1974

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •