Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodlands offense

Reserve

Default Woodlands offense

The Woodlands Offense has been very dissapointing, and thats going easy on them.. The D has looked good for playing the whole game and being forced to carry the entire load of the team.

This offense needs a major revamping or makeover otherwise it would be a long season for The Highlanders. I don't know what they should do but they definitely need to do something to try to get at least a little production. It just seems like all their best athletes and speed are on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know it is jsut very painful to watch.

All-Galaxy

Default Re: Woodlands offense

Quote Originally Posted by nonamesleft
    The Woodlands Offense has been very dissapointing, and thats going easy on them.. The D has looked good for playing the whole game and being forced to carry the entire load of the team.

This offense needs a major revamping or makeover otherwise it would be a long season for The Highlanders. I don't know what they should do but they definitely need to do something to try to get at least a little production. It just seems like all their best athletes and speed are on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know it is jsut very painful to watch.
    They would be top 10 if they could score. Thier D is really good. They held 3 really good teams to low points.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Is'nt "Woodlands Offense" an oxymoron?...... JK
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr
    Is'nt "Woodlands Offense" an oxymoron?...... JK
    Thank you. I wasn't sure that The Woodlands was still playing offense anymore. Too bad there aren't any transfer from New Orleans magically showing up on their door step like Montegue did last year.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member t00 playa's Avatar

i just dont think they have had any sort of time or reps to put anything in place... i mean.. they have played 3 super sound defensive teams that will suffocate anyone and keep anyone out of sync... they havent played an average team in which the can find out what they really have....
    Twitter: t00playa

North Shore Mustangs non Bandwaggoner

TulsaHale74 - Gone but not forgotten.

The "Woodlands Offense" is just plain offensive.

When I read the title of this thread I started thinking in terms of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. I heard that it exhisted I just haven't seen it.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar

Well, they did move the ball on Katy it's just that they fumbled it. Hold on to the ball and those long drives will eventually produce points while giving the defense a rest.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by too playa
    i just dont think they have had any sort of time or reps to put anything in place... i mean.. they have played 3 super sound defensive teams that will suffocate anyone and keep anyone out of sync... they havent played an average team in which the can find out what they really have....
    Anyone?.....
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Quote Originally Posted by too playa
    Maybe too hard of non-district season?

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr
    Anyone?.....
    We shall see... Do know that they will keep them to low points. A lot lower than the 45+ point blowouts they are used to.

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel88
    Maybe too hard of non-district season?
    Or maybe the 3 teams they have faced made their offense look bad?

Banned

Well its not like we all didnt expect this to happen (woodlands 0-3) the schedule was burtal..... If they came out ok Health wise, they should really improve offensive wise over then next couple weeks.. Remember you played the best in the state one after another... Yall will beat up on yalls district opponents and be ready to put a show on for ESPN come the lufkin game.

All-Galaxy

Does anyone know why they did this? Not opinions, but acual reason from the H.C. I doubt it was due to the fact that these were the only teams left to play. I am all about playing very good teams pre-season, but NS, KATY, SV, Holy crap. These teams are ranked 3,6,5, today. I could see playing 1-2 of them at the most, but why all 3? I can see taking the SV game to play in the Classic, but other than that??

Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    Does anyone know why they did this? Not opinions, but acual reason from the H.C. I doubt it was due to the fact that these were the only teams left to play. I am all about playing very good teams pre-season, but NS, KATY, SV, Holy crap. These teams are ranked 3,6,5, today. I could see playing 1-2 of them at the most, but why all 3? I can see taking the SV game to play in the Classic, but other than that??
    Well, they did the same thing last year didn't they? Katy NS then Humble (with Jerrod Johnson). The Humble game turned things around for them after going 0-2. They didn't lose another game they should have won. Only losses were to Lufkin and A&M Consolidated. Both eventual semifinalists. They'll be ok this year.

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierdad
    Well, they did the same thing last year didn't they? Katy NS then Humble (with Jerrod Johnson). The Humble game turned things around for them after going 0-2. They didn't lose another game they should have won. Only losses were to Lufkin and A&M Consolidated. Both eventual semifinalists. They'll be ok this year.

I guess if the group of kids can handle something like this, and learn from it, it could be good. I know a lot of teams that would give up after a start like this. My hats off to them if they turn this around and end on a good note. Not many 16-18 year old kids could.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierdad
    That game was close...And i was really impressed with the Woodlands offense being about to come back. The game was dominated by defense...and the woodlands pulled it out and was able to somewhat Hold jerrod johnson. i got thier alittle late and the score was 13-2 Humble.... When i left 19-13...Woodlands Impressive vicotry...it got thier season moving like you said.

PS. Its to bad we cant have 5th year seniors in highschool... Because Jerrod Johnson was an outstanding player.

All-State

A weak Oline, and a panicky QB does not make for a good offense. I would be hesistant to measure a defense by how well they played against the Woods this year.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TheDuke's Avatar

It all starts with the QB. He just isn't good enough.

O-Line is average at best.

We don't have a GAMEBREAKER on Offense either, so any chance of a BIG PLAY is unlikely to happen!

RB is big, but not quick.

I think it will a LONG season. Of course we will win games and make it to the playoffs since we have a weak district, but as far as making a run at state??
    Last edited by TheDuke; 09-19-2006 at 10:28 AM.
    Coach Orebaugh, THE POWER !

ENOUGH SAID

Well....they did play three programs with arguably the best defenses in the state...that will make most offenses look pretty bad. Hopefully they will learn from these three games and take the experience into the playoffs...predistrict games are nothing more than a time for young men to learn to grow up.
    pearland is your baby.....you love your baby....that baby can be BUTT UGLY....but you will never call it ugly....because well, it's YOUR baby.....now me on the other hand....when you take the blanket off his head I'll say "ahhhhh how precious" but as soon as you leave I will say "That was one UGLY Baby" wise words from the dada4w

All-State

who are the running backs for the woodlands this year