Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lane Train

Default The Lane Train

I have been following the progress of Jorvorskie over at ATM to see if there is a chance he will be on the field with Reggie. Things are looking pretty good for him. I know Widey does not like the Aggies but surely he still likes to see his hometown boys be successful. Here are links to two articles that mention Jorvorskie.
    http://aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=10093

http://aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=10116

wide-e-wide

Default Re: The Lane Train

I want all the old Panthers to succeed. Even if they are aggy.
    But when they play my beloved 'Horns I hope they get so embarrassed they never want to play again....
    Just my little way of saying....You should have went to UT.

BTW...I have 2 nephews at aggy...they hear it all the time.
    Couldn't talk 'em out of it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wide-e-wide
    I want all the old Panthers to succeed. Even if they are aggy.
    But when they play my beloved 'Horns I hope they get so embarrassed they never want to play again....
    Just my little way of saying....You should have went to UT.

BTW...I have 2 nephews at aggy...they hear it all the time.
    Couldn't talk 'em out of it.
    oooh oooh....you mean M&A! I get it now...lol

wide-e-wide

The one and only...where the men are men and the sheep are tired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wide-e-wide
    The one and only...where the men are men and the sheep are tired.
    hahahahha....thats classic

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TheDuke's Avatar

I have a feeling once Lane goes on the field to make some plays it is gonna turn out to be a A.P. situation! He might not get as many yards as A.P. but he will make an impact and open some eyes like he did.
    Coach Orebaugh, THE POWER !

ENOUGH SAID

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer - Original Member - 2006 Pick 'Em Champion pack0808's Avatar

Lpfan thanks for printing those. My dad just asked me if i heard how he was doing?? Now i can claim i did the research. Wide?? I just do not get it?? You should still not want the players from your true alma mater to get embarrassed even if they are your college team's most hated rivals. You went to Lufkin not Texas so the allegiance should be stronger in my opiniion. If Iowa played Ohio St or Iowa St. who i absolutely despise, and they had some panther players, i would still obviously want Iowa to kill them but i would still want the panther players to do well. At least not get embarrassed. Where is your LP pride??

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke
    I have a feeling once Lane goes on the field to make some plays it is gonna turn out to be a A.P. situation! He might not get as many yards as A.P. but he will make an impact and open some eyes like he did.
    Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking. Adrian is just flat out amazing. Lane is a great back and I feel he will make an impact on the team this year but I don't think he will do what Adrian did in his first year. It would definitely be nice if he did though. I am not saying it is not possible because anything is possible. I am just saying it is not likely. Either way he will have a great career at the college level.

Obviously there is alot of press about Reggie and I like to see how he is doing as well. I just think Reggie and Jorvorskie being on the field at the same time can be tough to defend. Reggie can either pass it to his good receivers, run it, or give it to the Train. Who do you key in on? We will see. It should be an exciting year for the two of them and I am sure alot of Lufkin fans will be watching them as well. Alton Dixon might not get any playing time this season but I look for him to make an impact on the team in the coming years. I read that McKinner Dixon and Rashad Hunt could be in the mix right away over at Texas Tech this season. Here are some links that have some information on both of them.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3833164
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3833160
    Terrence Parks looked to have the starting QB job over at Baylor untill he cut his throwing hand during spring training. He is now 2nd string due to his injury. Hopefully he will earn the starting position before the season starts. You can read more about that here.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3730042
    Last edited by LPFAN; 08-19-2005 at 10:02 AM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer - Original Member - 2006 Pick 'Em Champion pack0808's Avatar

Hey Lpfan here is a few you missed, chris pilot is starting at de for houston this year and jacorrey sheppard is battling for a #1 corner spot at rice. Most magazines say he has a great shot at playing time this year. How about Kevin Bryan at a&m?? former panther tight end that graduated in 2003 i think?? I hear they have bulked him up and put weight on him and turned him into a ol. Also, both Joseph Hadnot and Ray Givens were getting playing time at Lousian Lafayette, (a div1a school) the last i heard??

Now on the bad news, Of course Aaron Darks was suspended from the Kansas st team last year and now i just heard from another site that Kirksey and Payne was kicked off the Kilgore football team. Kirksey originally signed with Washington st out of hs but could not make the grades and he transferred to Kilgore. That guy could play some great LB and it is sure is a shame. He was supposed to start this year.
    Last edited by pack0808; 08-19-2005 at 10:51 AM.

wide-e-wide

By embarassed I meant ...the score of th game. Not the individual person. If the 'Horns can beat aggy...and Reggie still has a good game...that's fine. But my heart will never allow me to cheer for a guy with an aggy helmet on. I will not curse or belittle him...but as the same time I can't clap and cheer. If I do I'm almost certain I will become ill and puke instantly. I hope they do well...like I said....every game except one. There is my Lp pride...
    If I had no pride in my alma mater...I would want them to get killed every game.

Quote Originally Posted by pack0808
    Hey Lpfan here is a few you missed, chris pilot is starting at de for houston this year and jacorrey sheppard is battling for a #1 corner spot at rice. Most magazines say he has a great shot at playing time this year. How about Kevin Bryan at a&m?? former panther tight end that graduated in 2003 i think?? I hear they have bulked him up and put weight on him and turned him into a ol. Also, both Joseph Hadnot and Ray Givens were getting playing time at Lousian Lafayette, (a div1a school) the last i heard??

Now on the bad news, Of course Aaron Darks was suspended from the Kansas st team last year and now i just heard from another site that Kirksey and Payne was kicked out off the Kilgore football team. Kirksey originally signed with Washington st out of hs but could not make the grades and he transferred to Kilgore. That guy could play some great LB and it is sure is a shame. He was supposed to start this year.
    Kevin Bryan is listed as 3rd string on the depth chart. He is listed at 280 and as an offensive lineman. I have read about most of the others you have mentioned What I want to know is what happened to big JU? I know he transferred from ATM to some other school but I do not remember the name and I don't even know if he is even playing any more. Do you know? Isn't it nice to be able to post information about former Panthers and where they are playing now, and then not be able to keep up with all of them because there are so many that you leave some of them out. I guess you can tell I am proud of my hometown boys. The ones who mess up need some help though. I hate seeing people with God given talent, brains, etc. waste their opportunities.
    Last edited by LPFAN; 08-19-2005 at 10:53 AM.

It is a shame but it happens all of the time. I can relate a little even though i finished my college career. Still wondering how i managed that with the amount of dumb things i did?? You just have to live and learn sometimes!! Anyways, Ju went to Sam Houston after leaving aggy land i think but i do not know if he is still there??

Ok wide i will cut you some slack!! i guess you still have a little Lp pride even if they are aggies!! Wouldn't it have been great if they all were at Texas. Then you would have the double the reason to cheer for them.

wide-e-wide

That would have been awesome. But for some reason they chose to go and get their brains beat in for 4 years....go figure.

I just watched the local news and they said that Jorvorskie had a good showing at ATM's intrasquad scrimmage. He had 5 carries for 67 yards and 3 touchdowns. That is an average of 13.4 yards per carry. Looks like he is doing a good job over there and will be earning himself some playing time. I am looking forward to seeing Jorvorskie and Reggie on the field at the same time.
    Last edited by LPFAN; 08-20-2005 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LPFAN
    I just watched the local news and they said that Jorvorskie had a good showing at ATM's intrasquad scrimmage. He had 5 carries for 67 yards and 3 touchdowns. That is an average of 13.4 yards per carry. Looks like he is doing a good job over there and will be earning himself some playing time. I am looking forward to seeing Jorvorskie and Reggie on the field at the same time.
    Also read this on CoachFran.com

"A common question we get is who will be the backup tailback. We don't discuss injuries that aren't season-ending, but it's leaked out through the San Antonio Express-News that Brandon Leone is hobbled, so the fight for No. 2 focuses on Samson Taylor, Jay Lucas, and freshman Jorvorskie Lane. Jorvorskie is intriguing because, while he needs some better conditioning, he has good moves in the open field and the striking thing is how well he runs behind his pads for great balance. We haven't seen anybody stand him up on a tackle very often."

5A Texas Football.com Community Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LPFAN
    Excellent!

Other than Reggie, the Ags haven't had a serious running game in awhile. I hope Lane brings that, and the sooner the better.

wide-e-wide

Quote Originally Posted by Garland02
    Excellent!

Other than Reggie, the Ags haven't had a serious running game in awhile. I hope Lane brings that, and the sooner the better.

you said ags and sooner in the same sentence...boooooooooooo!!!!!!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Yep - looks like Jorvorski is getting that mean chip back on his shoulder - look out maroon! Once he "decides" there is simply no stopping him. If he stays healthy -- he may be getting some serious touches come conference time - sooner if Courtney gets banged up again.

wide-e-wide

you said maroon and sooner in the same post...booooooooooooo!
    You guys are out of control today.
    P.S. Javorskie will be red-shirted.
    On second thought...aggy is pretty damn dumb...they will probably use up all of his eligibility as quick as possible...i.e. Reggie.