PDA

View Full Version : Proud aggy tradition

jtk1519
04-16-2005, 01:13 PM
aggy is turning into Miami... without the success.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1991492&type=story

wide-e-wide
04-16-2005, 01:34 PM
He was just practicing his midnight yell...
without the success...that is hilarious.

farmerfan
04-16-2005, 03:26 PM
jtk
I know your a longhorn, I know you dont respect my thoughts due to my anti-texas slant, but with as open of a mind as possible, can you answer me this one question i have always had a hard time trying to figure out.
Texas fans always call A&M obsessed with Texas, but why is it that when I go to hornfans.com, half the post I see on there are all about A&M? I come on here, and now see a article about two months old posted to poke fun of A&M. I just want to know the logic of Texas always poking fun of the little brother if they are so supperior.
A&M does the same thing with Tech, always making some comment on texags, about the Red Raiders, but they then say its not a rivalry. I just have never understood the logic behind A&M bashing Tech all the time but not calling them a rival, then Texas always having something to say about A&M but then they are the ones who will call A&M the obsessed ones.
Once again, this is not trying to start a flame, I am just curious as to the logic used with the fan bases of these two schools.

wide-e-wide
04-16-2005, 04:07 PM
If you notice the majority of the posts on Hornfans are
showing the stupidity of aggy, aggy tradition and just
plain old aggydom. It is a way for Longhorn fans to keep
their sense of humor. The tradtions are so weird, that most
Horns fans can't help but say " look what these weirdos are
doing now..." It is not an obsession...it's a form a comedy.
And definitely not a rivalry...In order for it to be a rivalry UT
would have to be concerned about losing to them...

As far as aggy's obsession with the sand-ags...I have no clue.
To me it would make more sense for them to pick on someone
they just totally own...like ..uhhh...Baylor?

my bad...that was un-called for...

jtk1519
04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
jtk
I know your a longhorn, I know you dont respect my thoughts due to my anti-texas slant, but with as open of a mind as possible, can you answer me this one question i have always had a hard time trying to figure out.
Texas fans always call A&M obsessed with Texas, but why is it that when I go to hornfans.com, half the post I see on there are all about A&M? I come on here, and now see a article about two months old posted to poke fun of A&M. I just want to know the logic of Texas always poking fun of the little brother if they are so supperior.
A&M does the same thing with Tech, always making some comment on texags, about the Red Raiders, but they then say its not a rivalry. I just have never understood the logic behind A&M bashing Tech all the time but not calling them a rival, then Texas always having something to say about A&M but then they are the ones who will call A&M the obsessed ones.
Once again, this is not trying to start a flame, I am just curious as to the logic used with the fan bases of these two schools.

To be brutally honest... Texas just likes picking on aggy, and with listeater, players constantly getting arrested, players being arrested for public ************, the recent rapping ags, etc. aggy is a very easy target. The land thieves like picking on Texas, Texas likes picking on aggy and aggy likes picking on Tech, and so goes the pecking order in the Big XII. aggy is still a rival of course, and a very heated one at that, but the rivalry isnt what it once was. Now the Red River Shootout dominates most Texas fans minds while the aggy game is on the back burner. However, for aggy, the Texas game is their biggest game of the year. As wide-e-wide said, if you look at the posts on Hornfans, 99% are in some way derogatory or making fun of aggy. Most posts have little to do with the games themselves because to be honest, most Texas fans just expect a win over aggy. I dont know if I would call that "obsessed" or just having some fun, but I think every school is guilty of it in some form.

farmerfan
04-16-2005, 04:40 PM
wide e wide

If in order for a rivalry to consist of a team being a threat to win, then I guess that means OU and Texas is not a rivalry :D

jtk1519
04-16-2005, 04:46 PM
wide e wide

If in order for a rivalry to consist of a team being a threat to win, then I guess that means OU and Texas is not a rivalry :D

You're right. Since Texas leads the series 55-39-5, maybe it isnt that big a rivalry.

wide-e-wide
04-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.
It's true ...OU has beat UT 5 years in a row...
but we haven't always been their whipping post.

jtk1519
04-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Texas owns BlowU
Texas owns aggy
Texas owns Tech

In the 100+ seasons of Texas football, the only schools Texas has played at least five games against and has a loosing record to are Notre Dame (2-8) and Vanderbilt (3-8-1) though the last time Texas played Vanderbilt was in 1928. Texas leads or is tied in every single series standing in which at least 5 games have been played.

wide-e-wide
04-16-2005, 05:27 PM
That should pretty much shut everybody up...

jtk1519
04-16-2005, 10:27 PM
That should pretty much shut everybody up...

I wouldnt hold your breath.

farmerfan
04-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Well if you go by post world war 2 dates, I believe that the series with OU is pretty even, with the the longest win streaks in the series belonging to OU, something like 5 of the widest margin of victories in the series going to OU, OU being a more accomplished football program than Texas, the list could go on. If you go by overall records in series, then you win that argument, however, i believe that the comment i was refering to was being a threat to beat you is what is makes a rivalry, and right now that would not make Texas/OU a rivalry.
The proud tradition of Texas football has produced 4 confrence titles in the last 20 years, and no national titles in the last 35, but yet they still act like they are the pennical of what college football is all about.

jtk1519
04-17-2005, 01:10 AM
The proud tradition of Texas football has produced 4 confrence titles in the last 20 years, and no national titles in the last 35, but yet they still act like they are the pennical of what college football is all about.

I know very few Texas fans (if any) that would call Texas football, "the pinnacle of what college football is all about." In fact, most including myself will be quick to deflect such a title to the likes of Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, etc. What most Texas fans will tell you (myself included) is that Texas belongs at that pinnacle... that is where the Horns should be and anything less is not a total success. Sure, the Rose Bowl win is great and a Big XII championship trophy would look awful nice, but in the end, anything less than the crystal football with the stupid corporate name is not only a letdown to The University of Texas, but to the state for which the institution is named.

People are quick to mention the 30+ years since Texas won a NC, but arent as quick to mention the 66 years since aggy won a NC or the fact that Tech has never won a NC. The reason is because National championships arent expected from those schools. Championships are expected of Texas... not just from their fans, but from their enemies as well. The University of Texas represents this state on the national stage the same way the University of Michigan represents Michigan, Ohio State represents Ohio or the University of Nebraska represents Nebraska. Sure, there may be other schools in those states and those schools might enjoy some success from time to time, but in the end, only the Texas, Michigans, Ohio States and Nebraskas of the world are capable of and responsible for representing their respective states on college football's biggest stage.

Few will argue that there is any state that rivals Texas in the sport of football and even fewer will argue over which school is most dominant in the state... The University of Texas. That is what Texas fans know and realize. In this state that cherishes and embraces football the way it does, no school even holds a candle to Texas in terms of success and dominance. Right now Texas is not tops in the nation, but they hope to be headed that way. For now, the Longhorns will just have to settle for being the best in Texas... which isnt a bad silver medal.

wide-e-wide
04-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Not to mention the baseball team isn't too shabby...

garlandowl08
04-17-2005, 12:31 PM
I know very few Texas fans (if any) that would call Texas football, "the pinnacle of what college football is all about." In fact, most including myself will be quick to deflect such a title to the likes of Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, etc. What most Texas fans will tell you (myself included) is that Texas belongs at that pinnacle... that is where the Horns should be and anything less is not a total success. Sure, the Rose Bowl win is great and a Big XII championship trophy would look awful nice, but in the end, anything less than the crystal football with the stupid corporate name is not only a letdown to The University of Texas, but to the state for which the institution is named.

People are quick to mention the 30+ years since Texas won a NC, but arent as quick to mention the 66 years since aggy won a NC or the fact that Tech has never won a NC. The reason is because National championships arent expected from those schools. Championships are expected of Texas... not just from their fans, but from their enemies as well. The University of Texas represents this state on the national stage the same way the University of Michigan represents Michigan, Ohio State represents Ohio or the University of Nebraska represents Nebraska. Sure, there may be other schools in those states and those schools might enjoy some success from time to time, but in the end, only the Texas, Michigans, Ohio States and Nebraskas of the world are capable of and responsible for representing their respective states on college football's biggest stage.

Few will argue that there is any state that rivals Texas in the sport of football and even fewer will argue over which school is most dominant in the state... The University of Texas. That is what Texas fans know and realize. In this state that cherishes and embraces football the way it does, no school even holds a candle to Texas in terms of success and dominance. Right now Texas is not tops in the nation, but they hope to be headed that way. For now, the Longhorns will just have to settle for being the best in Texas... which isnt a bad silver medal.

I agree with you for the most part, and I'm an Agie, but you do contradict yourself. You ask why people never talk about A&M or Tech's NC's or lack thereof, but then you give yourself an answer...it's one of the few things about colleges that aren't double standards. When Texas is regarded as the best in the state, people have a right to ask about an NC, it's because they're the best in the state thats arguably the best in football. People don't ask about Tech and A&M because we're not the best in Texas...the same reason people don't ask about Cal, OSU, FSU, Miami (Ohio), and countless others.

_______________________EDIT_______________________ __
Upon, rereading your post, you aren't a hippocrite so, my bad...ill leave the post anyway.

jtk1519
04-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Not to mention the baseball team isn't too shabby...

They're OK. ;)

jtk1519
04-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I agree with you for the most part, and I'm an Agie, but you do contradict yourself. You ask why people never talk about A&M or Tech's NC's or lack thereof, but then you give yourself an answer...it's one of the few things about colleges that aren't double standards. When Texas is regarded as the best in the state, people have a right to ask about an NC, it's because they're the best in the state thats arguably the best in football. People don't ask about Tech and A&M because we're not the best in Texas...the same reason people don't ask about Cal, OSU, FSU, Miami (Ohio), and countless others.

_______________________EDIT_______________________ __
Upon, rereading your post, you aren't a hippocrite so, my bad...ill leave the post anyway.

I guess I just answered my own question. That's what happens when you make a post so late at night. :D

People, Texas fans or not, have a certain right to criticize the Horns lack of a NC just because The University does represent the state of Texas. However, as critical as aggy or anybody else might be, I dont think any other fans are harder on Texas than Texas fans themselves. Like I said, they're happy with the Rose Bowl and we'll put on a good face, but a NC is the goal and that goal has yet to be reached. There are no fans I know that want or expect a NC more than Texas fans.

wide-e-wide
04-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Absolutely...if the Horns freeze up against OU again..
I will be the first one to criticize Mack and the Horns.
A national champinship is expected every year.
And in my opinion they are on the brink right now.

farmerfan
04-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Texas is on the brink, they have as good of a chance as any to be the number two team in the BCS standings going into the BCS championship game this coming year. The one area why I think people are so hard on Texas is because of the perception it gets from "some" of the fans that represent that school, not all Texas fans represent it in a bad way, just like any other school, however the thing that makes so many people anti-texas (if thats the correct statement to call it) is that a lot of the fans expect to be mentioned with the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame, USC, Nebraska, and so on when those schools have all won a national title in the last 13 years with the exception being Nortre Dame who last won one 17 years ago. Maybe its me being young, but in my lifetime, Texas was never a major player on the college football scene until the last 5 years.
The funny thing is that no one talks about A&M or Tech and national titles, but Texas fans who are not concerned with them always seem to point it out that they still have more national titles than those two schools or that A&M has not won one in 66 years. (which a national title from 1939 is funny to have displayed on your stadium) I know I am in the minority on my feelings and have had some very interesting conversations in my lifetime about this topic, but it is still fun to debate and read other peoples point of views.
If we are going to talk about Texas baseball than that is a different story, outside of USC I cant think of any other program with a more proud baseball tradition than that of Texas.

wide-e-wide
04-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey it could be worse.
Here in Waco, Baylor fans are still talking about the
1974 Cotton Bowl. They manage to work that (or the win over aggy last year)
into every conversation. It's pretty sad.

garlandowl08
04-17-2005, 05:36 PM
the whole natio admits that Baylor is in need of some football help, but they seem to maybe be making a slight upward curve

wide-e-wide
04-17-2005, 05:57 PM
I just think that when it comes to football Baylor is in waaaaay
over their heads. Even if they developed a decent team....the
other teams in the conference are so far ahead of them...they still
couldn't compete. Maybe they should just concentrate on other sports and
give up on football. I just know one thing...it must be dang hard to be
a Baylor football fan.

garlandowl08
04-17-2005, 06:40 PM
yeah, itd be kinda like being a special ed teacher, no matter how hard you try, you will basically never see progress...it really sucks for them

jtk1519
04-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Baylor should move to the WAC or Conference USA. They stand a much better chance against the TCUs and Tulanes of the world. Being the only private school in the Big XII just doesnt seem fair. Baylor should then be replaced by New Mexico or UTEP or Houston or some school like that. I dont know that they stand a better chance than Baylor, but maybe in time they can adapt and improve better than the Bears have.

farmerfan
04-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I have always liked the idea of keeping Baylor in the confence since they are very competitive in other sports, the situation that I would love to see happen is, Colorado leave for the Pac 10, and be replaced by Arkansas in the Big 12 North. I know a lot of hard feelings exist towards Arkansas since they left the Texas schools high and dry, but they belong with the Texas schools and the Oklahoma schools and by being in the Big 12, even if it was the North division, they would be guranteed to play at least one out of these four schools every year, OU,OSU,A&M and Texas. Heck right now it is Baylor that is sitting atop the standings in baseball, keep em around.

wide-e-wide
04-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah, but it's April...talk to me when it's time to
go to Omaha.

garlandowl08
04-17-2005, 09:15 PM
You have to give Baylor props in some sports...like women's basketball, and baseball...and they are pretty much garunteed 1 upset victory a year, it just seems to happen.

wide-e-wide
04-17-2005, 10:05 PM
I never really had an opinion one way or the other about Baylor.
Then I moved to Waco. I listen to sports radio all the time here.
It is just sad. They are the lovable losers of the Big XII. There is no
doubt now that the Lady Bears won the national title...they will be
talking about it for 30 years. And when I say talking about it...I mean
every day...in some form or fashion it will come up. It's only been 2 weeks
and it is already getting old.

jtk1519
04-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Well if you go by post world war 2 dates, I believe that the series with OU is pretty even, with the the longest win streaks in the series belonging to OU

BTW, just for grins and giggles... Texas owns the series standing since WWII as well as the longest winning streak in the series at 8 games ('58-'65). Coming into the Red River Shootout, Texas has been nationally ranked in 41 of the games since WWII with an average ranking of #9... BlowU has been nationally ranked in 43 of those games with an average ranking of #6. So, despite being the underdogs in most of the games, Texas still holds the series lead. So, if you wanted, you could say that it is traditionally BlowU that underachieves in the series. Go figure.

MojoRaiderPower
04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Baylor should move to the WAC or Conference USA. They stand a much better chance against the TCUs and Tulanes of the world. Being the only private school in the Big XII just doesnt seem fair. Baylor should then be replaced by New Mexico or UTEP or Houston or some school like that. I dont know that they stand a better chance than Baylor, but maybe in time they can adapt and improve better than the Bears have.

Sorry wont happen, unlike those other schools Baylor if i am not mistaken by year end will win 2 NC, W-Basketball, and M-Tennis, $ from these championships is for the most part goes to the big XII

garlandowl08
04-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I kinda like having Bayor in the Big 12, but I guess its just another Aggie going for tradition...

jtk1519
04-18-2005, 07:13 PM
I kinda like having Bayor in the Big 12, but I guess its just another Aggie going for tradition...

Seems like aggy wouldnt like seeing Baylor...

http://www.jcdenton40.com/Bayloraggy04(WM9).avi

Sorry guys... I couldnt resist. :D

garlandowl08
04-18-2005, 09:06 PM
gee...like that one hasn't been overused...

wide-e-wide
04-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Over-used...and freakin' hilarious.

garlandowl08
04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
only from a tea-sip...
We'll see how it feels when y'all get beat by someone crappy...

wide-e-wide
04-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Don't see that happening...
and even if it does it won't be Baylor.

dragonsdaddy
04-19-2005, 12:11 PM
wide e, never say never. i'm old enough to have seen or witnessed otherwise several potential national championship year flushed away to the likes of tcu, rice, and even baylor. go figure. tu shouldn't lose to the bears, but it'll happen someday. or something equally heinous/ hilarious.

wide-e-wide
04-19-2005, 12:48 PM
your asolutely right...
But it will be a long time before the Horns lose to Baylor.
If it happens this year I will paint myself green and streak
across Floyd Casey Stadium.

farmerfan
04-19-2005, 09:42 PM
jtk
Thanks for the correction about the longest winning streak in the series, I thought that OU had owned the two longest winning streaks with them being 5 games each, I know OU has done that on two occasions now. However about the post ww2 comment, I never said it was even, I said it was close to even, looking at the numbers UT still has a lead, but its not by much, with the current trend, I easily see OU closing that gap. As far as the Baylor comment goes, you UT'ers say that A&M is so bad, then why is it such a shock to all of you that they lost to Baylor, heck as far as Big 12 play goes, didn't Baylor beat UT, if not in Big 12 play i know it was in the final days of the SWC. The time will come when UT will lose to a Baylor or a Iowa State and who knows maybe even a Kansas. The one thing that A&M still can say is that they are the last team from Texas to win a Big 12 title and the first from the state to ever go to a BCS bowl game. I know they did not win that BCS game, and Texas fans will counter with well UT was the first school from Texas to win a BCS game, but the Ags still can claim to be the last from the state to win a confrence title. It also would not shock me to see UT going into kyle field with a shot at playing for a national title, to only see the Aggies ruin it, like DD said, it has happend before to the likes of Rice, TCU and Baylor, and it could be A&M this year, stranger things have happend and will continue to happen.

Also back to the original topic of this thread, I know that A&M has had some toruble with the law in recent years, if it wasnt Jamar Tombs, it was Chase Pitman, or Jason Carter or Cole Smith, however UT fans have no right to be the ones to point a finger at the misdoings of Aggie players. Just look at Cedric, if it wasn't the marijuana in Midland it was beating down a elderly women's door to take her plasma TV, or Tim Moss beating the snot out of a guy then running from the cops and hiding in his GF's car. Then there is Brock Edwards who at 6'4 265lbs felt like he needed to vent some frustration on a 160 lb frat boy so he just decided to rearange his face and send the guy into surgery. Then how can we forget about the incident in Madisonville not to long ago with the UT football players getting pulled over by a cop who found some marijuna in the vehicle they were traveling in. So in reality UT fans have no right to point a finger at the wrong doings in Aggieland without first looking at their own program. O I forgot, they keep that in the family and dont discuss it in public.

SummitGrad04
04-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Sorry wont happen, unlike those other schools Baylor if i am not mistaken by year end will win 2 NC, W-Basketball, and M-Tennis, $ from these championships is for the most part goes to the big XII
Yeah, but it's not like those are big money sports. The only sports to bring in significant amount are football and mens basketball.

mtbray
04-19-2005, 10:43 PM
All of you keep commenting on things that make one want to use the 'twirl finger in the air' buddy icon, although this forum lacks it. So instead of quoting and replying to every single one of your comments, I give you all a giant

*TWIRLS FINGER IN THE AIR*

jtk1519
04-20-2005, 03:29 AM
The Baylor beating aggy thing was just a joke. Dont take it too seriously. I dont suddenly expect Baylor to become a power now and it doesnt mean that aggy sucks any worse than they did before that game.

BTW, Cedric broke down that door to take back HIS plasma screen TV.

farmerfan
04-20-2005, 03:24 PM
I thought it was proven that Cedric broke down the wrong door, however does it justify him breaking down a door to take back a TV rather than go to the police with it? I mean it still does qualify as a breaking and entering, does it not?

mtbray
04-20-2005, 03:28 PM
I thought it was proven that Cedric broke down the wrong door, however does it justify him breaking down a door to take back a TV rather than go to the police with it? I mean it still does qualify as a breaking and entering, does it not?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

dragonsdaddy
04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
the charge, or lack thereof, may have something to do with your yards per game average.

farmerfan
04-21-2005, 01:02 AM
mtbray
if you have a problem with this thread and what is being said in it, thein DONT POST, obviously you have no insight to comment on it, so just ignore it and go on about your own business.

Could not agree with you more DD.

mtbray
04-21-2005, 02:42 PM
mtbray
if you have a problem with this thread and what is being said in it, thein DONT POST, obviously you have no insight to comment on it, so just ignore it and go on about your own business.

Could not agree with you more DD.

I will continue to post as long as there is something to say.

When many people (on all sides of discussion) have ****** points, I will call them out, and probably poke fun at them. It could be worse, at least I haven't gotten to the point where I start picking at peoples grammar....yet. lol

If you don't want to read what I post you can always put me on your ignore list, assuming this forum has that feature.

wide-e-wide
04-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Let me tell you from experience. Don't come on this site
trying to smash everyone you disagree with...Bad language
and attitude, will have you banned quicker than you can say don't
do it.

farmerfan
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
you have noting to add to the discussion, you want to twirl your fingers in the air, or you want to say that are comments are crap, but yet you have neot added one thing other than negativity to this board in your two plus post. What makes this community the best is that a lot of us will disagree, but we can do so in a manner that makes the discussion clean and worthwhile to read. You say you havent started making fun of peoples grammar, i hope you never do, I will be the first to admit, my grammar sucks, but the day you make fun of anyone's grammar is the day you will lose all credibility, so once again, something about this topic has struck a nerve with you and you have commented twice without saying anything related to the discussion, it might be better for you to start your own thread where you can just vent on the so called stupid threads on this message board,

wide-e-wide
04-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Finally me and the aggy agree on something.
Or is it the aggy and I or
us....or we...I and the aggy...
good thing we have someone to check our grammar.

dragonsdaddy
04-21-2005, 05:57 PM
wonders will never cease. what a nice, sweet thing agreeances are.

TheDuke
04-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Finally me and the aggy agree on something.
Or is it the aggy and I or
us....or we...I and the aggy...
good thing we have someone to check our grammar.

Glad to see you getting along with all the Aggie's again Wideman!! :D

mtbray
04-21-2005, 07:55 PM
you have noting to add to the discussion, you want to twirl your fingers in the air, or you want to say that are comments are crap, but yet you have neot added one thing other than negativity to this board in your two plus post. What makes this community the best is that a lot of us will disagree, but we can do so in a manner that makes the discussion clean and worthwhile to read. You say you havent started making fun of peoples grammar, i hope you never do, I will be the first to admit, my grammar sucks, but the day you make fun of anyone's grammar is the day you will lose all credibility, so once again, something about this topic has struck a nerve with you and you have commented twice without saying anything related to the discussion, it might be better for you to start your own thread where you can just vent on the so called stupid threads on this message board,

Do you have instant messanger? The reply I would make would take too much time and I should be studying for a Portuguese test I have tomorrow.

farmerfan
04-21-2005, 08:00 PM
shoot i have IM, and i to have test to study for, but relieve my stress by posting and venting frustration on this message board, I just got done taking a test in the History of Modern China as well as WW2, go ahead and lets see the insight you have to offer, im curious to see the insight you can add.

wide-e-wide
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Duke you got me man...I actually laughed out loud on that
one.

mtbray
relieve my stress by posting and venting frustration on this message board

:confused: How is me posting going to help you relieve stress?

shoot me an instant message, since your sn isn't listed.

EDIT: looks like mine isn't on here either, I thought I listed that info.....audiobahns04

farmerfan
by the way wide-e
Im not a Aggie, im a college football fan first, with no affiliation to any school accept UNT, however I love the game of college football and try to look at it from a unbiased standpoint, however with my negativity towards UT some say I do not have a unbiased point of view, so to each his own , but do not call me a Aggie, my screename has nothing to do with me bing a Aggie, it has to do with a bunch of Farmers in maroon that reside in North Texas.

farmerfan
04-21-2005, 08:10 PM
since i have no way of posting where my screename is, ill give it to you
DAVIDDcole@aol

wide-e-wide
04-21-2005, 09:18 PM
My bad farmer...
I made a poor assumption.
I won't call you aggy again.
I'll call you "mean green"
cool?

farmerfan
04-21-2005, 10:11 PM
mean green, thats great :D
I love going to a school where our mascot is named after the only famous football player to play football on the famed fouts field. But im not a mean green fan, im like about 99% of the rest ofthe student body at this school, i just cant get around to supporting the atheltic department, just refer to me as Farmer, i love my Lewisville Fighting Farmers.

wide-e-wide
04-21-2005, 10:19 PM
I gotcha...
is "mean green" the actual nickname
Isn't it the green wave or something like that?
I always call 'em the mean green though.
They always help my Horns get off to a good start
so I have nothing against them.

farmerfan
04-22-2005, 02:32 PM
The actual nickname is the Eagles, but that is mainly for womens sports, the men go by Mean Green, I believe it is after Mean Joe Greene, pretty funny if you ask me. Yes they tend to help the horns get off to a good start and anyone else who they play to open up the season, this year they go to LSU, now that should be a interesting outcome.

wide-e-wide
04-22-2005, 04:03 PM
I heard the whole story once. It is after Mean Joe, but
I don't remember who started calling them that. Why on
earth do they start their season with the likes of UT and LSU...

mtbray
04-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Why on
earth do they start their season with the likes of UT and LSU...

I believe the saying goes...

"What don't kill us makes us strong."

farmerfan
04-23-2005, 04:50 PM
One reason: money, they will get more money by going to LSU this year than they will be able to generate in all their home games combined. A few years ago they started off in Norman, and then went to Air Force, last year UNT played the likes of UT, Baylor and Colorado.

garlandowl08
04-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Sorry, to go off topic, but you gotta admit that this (http://suzyred.com/aggietribute.html) is pretty cool...

wide-e-wide
04-24-2005, 02:40 PM
What was really cool...was in the 4th quarter they took the
same picture and all of the empty seats spelled out " WE SUCK"

garlandowl08
04-24-2005, 03:52 PM
very funny...let's not rag on patriotism. Have you seen the prank witht the "we suck" sign?

wide-e-wide
04-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I forget what schools were involved though...
who was it?

jtk1519
04-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I forget what schools were involved though...
who was it?

Harvard and Yale (Yale students pulled the prank on Harvard). You gotta love those Ivy Leaguers.

http://www.harvardsucks.org/images/harvard_poster.jpg

wide-e-wide
04-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Classic...OMG that is funny,funny,funny...
You know they were pissed when they found
out..hahaha

garlandowl08
04-25-2005, 04:46 PM
It's renound as one of if not the best modern day prank...have you seen what they do at MIT?

Look around...there is some hilarious stuff... (http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/Gallery.html)

wide-e-wide
06-04-2005, 12:01 AM
another proud aggy tradition...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/bogthekid/Image11.jpg

garlandowl08
06-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Ok, that is anti-Aggie, but funny as heck!!

jtk1519
06-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Priceless.

LufkinHorn07
06-21-2005, 05:18 AM
I'm a student at THE University of Texas and like many of my fellow classmates I despise everything OU and A&M. But there are a couple of comments always made that as far as students go are untrue. To say that OU is our biggest rival is not true, as far as current students look at it. Students still hate A&M more than OU, why, because we went to school and know most of the students who go to A&M. We make fun of A&M not becuase of their traditions but because thats what people do, they make fun of their rival just as they make fun of UT. We call them Aggy and they call us tu. Also, to say UT represents the state of Texas is a little far fetched, that would be like FSU saying they represent Florida. The truth is UT represents part of the state and A&M represents the other part. A state the size of Texas cannot have one representative school. As much as Horn fans hate to say it, people around the nation look at both A&M and UT when looking at the state of football in Texas. I root for A&M, why, because I want the football in Texas to be the best around the nation, but when it comes time to play UT I want to stomp the ever loving life out of them. When A&M and UT are both good, then Texas is the top football state, when one is good and the other isn't, then the state lacks something. When both are bad, (which hasn't happened to often) then football in Texas sucks. Both A&M and UT are well respected football programs, with great fans, and big stadiums and large athletic funds. I'd stack football in the state of Texas against any other state when both A&M and UT are rolling, it doesn't get any better than Texas football. Hook'em!

stevefoxsc
06-22-2005, 09:30 PM
another proud Aggy tradtion lose to UT :D

garlandowl08
06-22-2005, 10:24 PM
gee...never heard that one boefore...
originality-0
effort-e
funniness-meh

LufkinHorn07
06-23-2005, 03:29 AM
Most people who say stuff about either A&M or UT never went to either school. They're what we call t-shirt fans.

wide-e-wide
06-23-2005, 11:28 AM
If those "t-shirt" fans stopped buying those "t-shirts" and
buying tickets to the games...UT and aggy would be what we
call .."broke colleges" ...and considering some of those fans that
buy tickets and "t-shirts" only do so because they pay tuition for
their kids to go there...Let's subtract that money too.
Now what do you have?
Sounds like people should appreciate the "t-shirt" fans...
without them...UT and aggy would be SFA and Sam Houston.

wide-e-wide
06-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah, but it's April...talk to me when it's time to
go to Omaha.

This was my response to FarmerFan when he mentioned Baylor being in
first place in the Big XII baseball standings...
Called that one 2 months ago.

Not bad for a guy that is supposed to add no value to the board and
has no sports knowledge.