PDA

View Full Version : Longview/Lufkin scrimmage saturday..........

Pages : [1] 2

bleedgreen
08-17-2005, 12:41 AM
just wondering if any of you crazy Lufkin fans are coming to the scrimmage saturday...if so, let me know---i will meet you guys.................

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Can't make it bro. All my in-laws that lived in Longview are now
here in Waco...so I'm never up that way anymore.

Ladies and Gentleman....I present to you

T-Shirt Bowl 2005
IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!

c-lisle
08-17-2005, 07:26 AM
I can't wait to see what LP has. I'm especially interested in their new QB. Can't wait to see if he is all he is hyped up to be. Who else should we look for in the scrimmage?

KT2000
08-17-2005, 07:37 AM
I'd watch corner Leonard Hewitt (#11) and see how he moves coming off of the knee injury. Junior WR Dez Bryant and the rest of the WR corps are more to watch. Of course, the QB Claybon and it'll be interesting to see who gets the most work at tailback. The defense should be very good with the experience returning on that side of the ball.

LoboFan07
08-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Heres how good ole Smoaky said the scrimmage would work out. Dont remember it happening this way last year (except for the two quarters I remember that)

1st Lobo Offense vs 1st Panther Defense
1st Panther Offense vs 1st Lobo Defense
2nd Lobo Offense vs 2nd Panther Defense (I cant wait to see how Miles does for us)
2nd Panther Offense vs 2nd Lobo Defense

After that, two 15:00 minute quarters will be played.

Ill be there and for anybody that cant make it, I'll be typing up the plays over at TexasHSFootball.com

pack0808
08-17-2005, 09:50 AM
I can't wait to see what LP has. I'm especially interested in their new QB. Can't wait to see if he is all he is hyped up to be. Who else should we look for in the scrimmage?

I doubt i will go?? I have never been to a scrimmage game out of town before. In fact, the Longview scrimmage last year was the only one i have ever been to. It is just not very fun to me because the way it is. No kickoffs, conrolled at first, 1 half and basically all players play down to the 4th string if they have one. I guess it would be interesting to see players that i have never seen play before but i still doubt i will go??

On the players to look out for Rclisle!! I am also anxious to see how good Claybon is going to be but i doubt 1 quarter of scrimmage game football is going to do that?? Look for the wr's and Kibble at rb because i think he is going to be better then most expect. On defense look for about everybody. Could be the best and fastest defense ever. The 1st string d that is please do not get that mixed up. lol standouts are AJ Penson, Robert Taylor, Roger Hurts, Mandela Roberts, Stewart Willis, Eric Taylor, Joe Jackson, Jamie Harris, Leonard Hewitt. I know that is a lot of standouts but i think all have a shot at being very very good. I could actually add cb's C Brown and Landry to that list. So if i go who should i look for besides vondrell and the qb!! I already know about them. What player on defense should i look for?? How about wr??

LoboFan07
08-17-2005, 10:18 AM
I doubt i will go?? I have never been to a scrimmage game out of town before. In fact, the Longview scrimmage last year was the only one i have ever been to. It is just not very fun to me because the way it is. No kickoffs, conrolled at first, 1 half and basically all players play down to the 4th string if they have one. I guess it would be interesting to see players that i have never seen play before but i still doubt i will go??

You should come. You can see the new Lobo stadium with turf now that I think about. You guys havent played at the newly designed Lobo Stadium (still in that lawsuit btw)

This will be my 3rd scrimmage to go. Went to our 56-0 oo wait scrimmage terms *thinks* 8-0 shackling of Hallsville in Hallsville. Then went to the Lp game last year.

Favpack
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
I'll miss it as well Bleed - but will be interested in everyone's take that is there.

Not to get all sappy - but I do appreciate the honesty of most Longview fans here - especially Bleed and Rclse41. I know I can trust your observations - even if your glasses do have a slight green tint.

Having said that - I would expect Longview to probably look a bit sharper, maybe measurably so. Lufkin is going to need awhile to get the details ironed out on O - and I have a feeling Ivory and McGee and even Freeman have some frustrations inside over last December.

In the end - we all know it won't matter - certainly not by this December.

dragonsdaddy
08-17-2005, 11:04 AM
i'm thinking a smart entrepenour(sp) will have the t-shirts printed for sale after the scrimmage. could make a pretty penny from the lv fans.

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:17 AM
i'm thinking a smart entrepenour(sp) will have the t-shirts printed for sale after the scrimmage. could make a pretty penny from the lv fans.

What's sad about that is....it's probably true.
You could print up a bunch of green Scrimmage Bowl 2005 shirts
and if Longview wins they would sell like hotcakes...Some people
are just stupid like that. Not all of 'em...just some of 'em.
Lufkin's got 'em too...They are the fans with the "It's a Lufkin Thang"
shirts on....What the hell is a thang?

LoboFan07
08-17-2005, 11:20 AM
This is really starting to make me mad.

At first it was a joke, but now its just getting old.

Yes, we did have the scrimmage on the back of our district title shirts. I dont know why but we did. We didnt have any choice in it. Its not like we made a shirt JUST for the scrimmage. Had we beaten Lp in the playoff, I bet we would've though (I plan on it this year also if we beat them). But we didnt not have a choice in whether the scrimmage result was on the back of the District Title shirts or not.

pack0808
08-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah Lufkin has their share of very arrogant T-shirts i must admit like these. Lufkin enough said!! and how about this one-- if you want to win "on the front" and "then do no play lufkin" on the back. That is a little too arrogant for me. I would not wear them. It still does not compare to putting a scrimmage game on your shirt. That is unbeatable!! Ok, It is time for Rclisle to come in and tell us to get over it already!! ;)

pack0808
08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Oh and if i am not mistaken the shirt says Nuff Said not enough. I guess we are determined to show everybody that we cannot spell??

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Yes, we did have the scrimmage on the back of our district title shirts. I dont know why but we did. We didnt have any choice in it. Its not like we made a shirt JUST for the scrimmage. Had we beaten Lp in the playoff, I bet we would've though (I plan on it this year also if we beat them). But we didnt not have a choice in whether the scrimmage result was on the back of the District Title shirts or not.

So let me get this straight...there was a madman with a 9mm pointing it at everyone's head and screaming "Buy these (bleep)'n t-shirts or I start shootin'" ....????
Or did everyone see that the scrimmage was on the shirt...and bought it anyway?
If it was the latter of the two...then you had to have known Lufkin fans were gonna smash you for that......forever.
And they were all over the place at SFA...
There is no way in hell....if Lufkin had an eight game losing streak going into a game against Longview....That I would wear a shirt with a scrimmage victory score on it!!!
NO WAY...

pack0808
08-17-2005, 11:27 AM

Calm down it is ok!! ;) But believe me that was the first shirt that has ever had a scrimmage game victory on it and that i can almost guarantee!! :D At least i hope it was the only shirt like it?? I know i have never seen it done before??

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:33 AM
The original shirts did not have the scrimmage score on them...but they
just sat there...Nobody wanted 'em.
So this guy finally figured it out...lightbulb went off...
"We forgot to put that victory over Lufkin on the shirt"
So they had the scrimmage score added on to the shirt...
And what'aya know... those things started flying off of the shelves!!!
And because of that one man....that shirt will go down in t-shirt history...
Otherwise he would have been washing his car with green rags for the next 15 years...

Bilbo
08-17-2005, 12:03 PM
This is good stuff.

bleedgreen
08-17-2005, 12:31 PM
LOL, Wide and Pack0808----to be honest with you, that is the main reason that they sold like hotcakes--the scrimmage........people here in Longview are really hell bent on beating you guys...i am as well, but i did not and will not look that desperate out in public........

LoboFan07
08-17-2005, 12:35 PM
people here in Longview are really hell bent on beating you guys...

Thats an understatement :eek:

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 12:54 PM
LOL, Wide and Pack0808----to be honest with you, that is the main reason that they sold like hotcakes--the scrimmage........people here in Longview are really hell bent on beating you guys...i am as well, but i did not and will not look that desperate out in public........

I know your pain. After all I'm a Longhorns fan. But if they beat ou in a
scrimmage I wouldn't buy the t-shirt.

bleedgreen
08-17-2005, 04:02 PM
yet another sore subject on Bleedgreen's list----Bleedgreen is tired of losing to Lufkin.....Bleedgreen is tired of hearing about it......Bleedgreen is tired of losing to OU......Bleedgreen is tired of hearing about it.....Bleedgreen HATES OU.......Bleedgreen now has everything off of his mind........why am i talking in 3rd person???? why am i talking to myself??? uh, oh--another one of my melt-downs....where's the Zanes????.................HOOK'EM!!

LoboFan07
08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
*looks around*... :eek:

bleedgreen
08-17-2005, 04:10 PM
LOL, LoboFan07---i'm in another one of those crazy moods right now...........we need a "cross-eyed" icon...............

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I thought at any moment you were gonna say "basebole been beddy beddy good to me...Sammy has good feelings inside"

Favpack
08-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I think it's safe to say Lobo Stadium will be as hostile as a place can get for a scrimmage. I'm hoping nobody gets hurt and our new boys get a taste of what it feels like to wear the purple hat and have people gunning for your brains.

As I stated earlier I got a feeling the bad taste in Longview's mouth from last Decemeber hasn't completely left.

PACK '97
08-17-2005, 05:20 PM
or the other 8 times :D

PackAttack2005
08-17-2005, 05:39 PM
I have talked to several Panther faithful that are not going to the scrimmage in Longview. First, we already know it is going to be Texas Hot at 1:00 P.M. and most fans don't like sitting in 110 degree heat index to watch scrimmages, second we have a good idea of what we have coming back this year and third, $2.50 per gallon gasoline. I will probably save my gas money for the real games, but I have not totally ruled out going to Longview just because I have not been there in a while. I have seen Lufkin practice several times already, so I don't know if sitting in the heat and fuel expense are worth it right now, when I can watch them practice here anytime. The Panthers have a ways to go to get better and I have no doubt they will when it counts.

LoboFan07
08-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I know a lot of Lobo fans felt the same way about the game last year. I was surprised how many came and supported JV and Freshman also. I expect about the same (just switched cause Longview is home) as last year. I'll still be typing it up over on TexasHSFootball.com. WOO WOO For air conditioning.

LPFAN
08-17-2005, 06:27 PM
I know a lot of Lobo fans felt the same way about the game last year. I was surprised how many came and supported JV and Freshman also. I expect about the same (just switched cause Longview is home) as last year. I'll still be typing it up over on TexasHSFootball.com. WOO WOO For air conditioning.
So you will have live updates on that website? If so that will be cool.

LoboFan07
08-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Yep. Hopefully it works out good. Im planning on doing it all season. Do a little practice thing for the Saturday game

c-lisle
08-17-2005, 09:38 PM

On the players to look out for Rclisle!! I am also anxious to see how good Claybon is going to be but i doubt 1 quarter of scrimmage game football is going to do that?? Look for the wr's and Kibble at rb because i think he is going to be better then most expect. On defense look for about everybody. Could be the best and fastest defense ever. The 1st string d that is please do not get that mixed up. lol standouts are AJ Penson, Robert Taylor, Roger Hurts, Mandela Roberts, Stewart Willis, Eric Taylor, Joe Jackson, Jamie Harris, Leonard Hewitt. I know that is a lot of standouts but i think all have a shot at being very very good. I could actually add cb's C Brown and Landry to that list. So if i go who should i look for besides vondrell and the qb!! I already know about them. What player on defense should i look for?? How about wr??

Wr - look out for David Robinson. 6'3'' bball player that is going to play fball this year. played as a freshman and will be a very good receiver this year. Also out 6'6'' TE is back..look for him to be much mroe utilized this year... only had 300 yds receiving last year.

QB - Freeman is undoubtedly the starter for the Lobos this year...can't argue with a two year starter as your QB. But I am telling y'all right now to look for our backup QB. This guy can flat out throw the ball. He throws bullets, also very good thrower on the run. I hope the coaches use his arm this year.

The Lobo D - Like LP, Lview has several key starters back on D. Other than the usual suspects, look for SS Cartez Beall(#13) who is a playmaker. Played some last year...but not much. Also look for Dlineman Matt Morrison(6'3'',235) at DE. I'm not sure if he will start, but we are very deep at Dline and this guy is a player. He is not a newcomer, but our FS Jarvis Pippins is a very talented player who will also be a playmaker. With 4'4'' speed you can prolly put 6 on the board when he touches the ball. At LB, another position where the 'Bos are veryh deep, look for Antajuan Guinn. He is a junior and the coaches seem impressed with him.

Looks like the Lobos may have another stud coming up at RB. He is not a Vondrell, but I think if he develops look for him to dangerous next year. His name is Aubrey Wilkerson.

PowerPack'd
08-17-2005, 11:04 PM
This a stupid question, (and I know I am going to hear about it) but is there any chance of the scrimmage being on the radio? I am not going to have a heat stroke for a scrimmage.

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:07 PM
That's not a stupid question at all...hell if they are making up t-shirts for it...anything is possible.

Bootsdaddy
08-17-2005, 11:21 PM
This a stupid question, (and I know I am going to hear about it) but is there any chance of the scrimmage being on the radio? I am not going to have a heat stroke for a scrimmage.

Lobofan07 will be posting play-by-play on texashsfootball.com. Personally, I went to the Humble @ Lufkin scrimmage last year-the first scrimmage Ive ever been to, and it was just really boring.I just cant see driving to Longview to watch an overglorified practice.

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Anything pre-season is boring. And the NFL is the worst.

PowerPack'd
08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Anything pre-season is boring. And the NFL is the worst.

Especially if you are masochistic Dallas Cowboys fan.

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
I watched all of 4 plays last Saturday.
I told my wife..."Well that's enough of that" and changed the
channel back to the baseball game.

PowerPack'd
08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
It's pretty sad when the punter is the bright spot on the team!

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Was McBriar bootin' 'em or what?
Like I said I didn't see most of it.
I heard about the 3rd and 53 or whatever it was...

PowerPack'd
08-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah! He was bootin' them. After the third punt he was above a 50 yard avg. (I got bored after that and changed the channel)

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Let's hope we don't need much of McBriar this season though.
I don't think we will. But Bill has to change up some of his plays.
Really...boring football last year. I fell asleep 2 different times. In 20+ years of watching the Cowboys..that has never happened. Not even with Hogeboom.

rantanamo
08-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Hard to fall asleep with all the Pozderic holding calls.

GoOwls
08-18-2005, 01:49 AM
I hate to break the news to you guys.........but........geeze.......IT'S ONLY A SCRIMMAGE!!!!! I mean, come on guys, really, this is too much......Really!

Bootsdaddy
08-18-2005, 02:22 AM
I hate to break the news to you guys.........but........geeze.......IT'S ONLY A SCRIMMAGE!!!!! I mean, come on guys, really, this is too much......Really!

I agree but after being in the same district for 50+ years a lot of animosity and angst have built up between the 2 schools and their alumni.

lonny23
08-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Hard to fall asleep with all the Pozderic holding calls.
Me and my dad love talking about Pozderac. I even remember his number was 75. It must be from hearing the refs! :D He single-handedly lost the Giants game in 1986 when he got called for holding twice in the last minute and wiped out 2 big plays. He never moved his feet enough, got out of position, and had to hold.

pack0808
08-18-2005, 08:41 AM
I am with yall, I hate watching scrimmage games. Nothing could be more boring!!

PACK_RX
08-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Heres how good ole Smoaky said the scrimmage would work out. Dont remember it happening this way last year (except for the two quarters I remember that)

1st Lobo Offense vs 1st Panther Defense
1st Panther Offense vs 1st Lobo Defense
2nd Lobo Offense vs 2nd Panther Defense (I cant wait to see how Miles does for us)
2nd Panther Offense vs 2nd Lobo Defense

After that, two 15:00 minute quarters will be played.

Ill be there and for anybody that cant make it, I'll be typing up the plays over at TexasHSFootball.com

What time does it start?

pack0808
08-18-2005, 02:38 PM
1 i believe??

c-lisle
08-18-2005, 02:50 PM
What time does it start?

JV/Fresh - 11 am

Varsity - 1 pm

Favpack
08-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Temperature at kickoff - 99
Heat Index at kickoff - 109
Field temp. at kickoff - 150
Joy of watching Longview/Lufkin in a meaningless scrimmage - priceless

c-lisle
08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
As I stated earlier I got a feeling the bad taste in Longview's mouth from last Decemeber hasn't completely left.

That sir is a major understatement. I have watched the game prolly 10 times, unfortunately we lost all ten. LOL That game is permanently stained on my mind. Alot of Jr.'s were on that field...I garuantee you they still have a sour taste in their mouth. I hope we get to play again this year.

c-lisle
08-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Temperature at kickoff - 99
Heat Index at kickoff - 109
Field temp. at kickoff - 150
Joy of watching Longview/Lufkin in a meaningless scrimmage - priceless

You're not going, right? I will enjoy every minute of it, God willing. I especially like watching the JV/Fresh, and Varsity 2nd/3rd stringers so I can get a feel for what type of talent is coming up.

I'll be praying for LP's safe travel.

PowerPack'd
08-18-2005, 09:20 PM
You're not going, right? I will enjoy every minute of it, God willing. I especially like watching the JV/Fresh, and Varsity 2nd/3rd stringers so I can get a feel for what type of talent is coming up.

I'll be praying for LP's safe travel.

Thanks for the prayers. I will be praying everyone stays healthy.

pack0808
08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Can anybody send me some gas money!! I will handle the food!! ;)

LPFAN
08-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Tomorrow is the big day for you Lobo fans! :D Time for some pay back huh. :D Well I am sure it will be good for both teams to see what they have going for them, who will fill in back up roles and what areas will need to be improved upon. I would much rather have Longview as a srimmage opponent for Lufkin then just an average football team. You guys have a great season!

PowerPack'd
08-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Anybody heard anything on the scrimmage? I didn't get to go.

Lobo Dude
08-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I got the shirt bc on the front it said 2005 125A distrcit champs.. i didnt even notice the scrimmage until everyone made a big deal about it

Favpack
08-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Saturday 8/20/05, 4:15 pm -- apparently it was too hot to get updates on this one - hopefully everyone got out nick free.

LPFAN
08-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Saturday 8/20/05, 4:15 pm -- apparently it was too hot to get updates on this one - hopefully everyone got out nick free.
I PM'd Rcarlisle41 to ask for some info on the scrimmage but he has not responded. All I know is it is very hot outside so I hope everyone on both teams came out of the scrimmage ok.

LoboFan07
08-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Very very very hot today.

Lufkin won the freshmen battle 7-0 I believe. (Well 1-0 scrimmage wise).

Longview big time won the JV battle. Lp moved the ball but couldnt put it in. I have the score at atleast 5-1 Longview (meaning 35-7 overall)

Longview ended up winning the Varsity 14-3 (2-0). 3 balls were dropped by Lobo Defenders that couldve easily been picked off. Then finally we picked one off at the end. Longview fumbled it twice, losing one and then Lp intercepted to begin the real scrimmage portion.

Overall Longview looked to have the better 1st string but they werent out there for that long. I know Longview took their 1st string after we went up 7-0.

Lufkin turned it over A LOT. #20 jumped offsides atleast 5 times alone. I say Lufkin put it on the ground atleast 3 times.

Overall, Longview looked to be the better team but it was just a scrimmage. I saw 3 Lp players come out to injuries. Dont know any numbers or names though. 71 and I believe 28? came out. Didnt see anyone for Longview get hurt.

PowerPack'd
08-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the update. I don't know that those numbers mean anything. Outlaw said we were going to wear our practice jerseys.

LPFAN
08-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Very very very hot today.

Lufkin won the freshmen battle 7-0 I believe. (Well 1-0 scrimmage wise).

Longview big time won the JV battle. Lp moved the ball but couldnt put it in. I have the score at atleast 5-1 Longview (meaning 35-7 overall)

Longview ended up winning the Varsity 14-3 (2-0). 3 balls were dropped by Lobo Defenders that couldve easily been picked off. Then finally we picked one off at the end. Longview fumbled it twice, losing one and then Lp intercepted to begin the real scrimmage portion.

Overall Longview looked to have the better 1st string but they werent out there for that long. I know Longview took their 1st string after we went up 7-0.

Lufkin turned it over A LOT. #20 jumped offsides atleast 5 times alone. I say Lufkin put it on the ground atleast 3 times.

Overall, Longview looked to be the better team but it was just a scrimmage. I saw 3 Lp players come out to injuries. Dont know any numbers or names though. 71 and I believe 28? came out. Didnt see anyone for Longview get hurt.
Hey thanks for the info. I just got some more updates from Rcarlisle41 too. It should be a great season for you guys.

c-lisle
08-20-2005, 04:31 PM
The scrimmage went very well. It was fun to see two great teams go at it. I watched Fresh, JV, and Vtown. I was excited to see Claybon in action and he definately has alot of potential. He is a good runner and can throw pretty good. However I was a little disappointed in LPs offense. The only positive yardage they had was a couple of big pass plays. They were in negative yardage running the ball. I thought Kibble was bigger than that...he didnt do much. They need to move the Freshman RB up...that kid is J Lanes clone. The LP D was very solid though. The kicker had three field goal attempts and went 1-3. The first two were very ugly and I was thinking he was better than that. Then he drilled about a 45-50 yarder at the end to redeem himself.

Longview looked like they were in midseason form which is to be expected with all the experience on both sides of the ball. We ran the ball very well. The difference in this years team and last years will be our pass game. I really think the coaches will use our backup QBs arm this year if he can perform well come game time. He really throws well. Our D smothered LPs run game. The weak spot was our secondary which gave up a few long pass plays to LP. They are inexperienced though and I think they will improve.

LPFAN
08-20-2005, 04:37 PM
The scrimmage went very well. It was fun to see two great teams go at it. I watched Fresh, JV, and Vtown. I was excited to see Claybon in action and he definately has alot of potential. He is a good runner and can throw pretty good. However I was a little disappointed in LPs offense. The only positive yardage they had was a couple of big pass plays. They were in negative yardage running the ball. I thought Kibble was bigger than that...he didnt do much. They need to move the Freshman RB up...that kid is J Lanes clone. The LP D was very solid though. The kicker had three field goal attempts and went 1-3. The first two were very ugly and I was thinking he was better than that. Then he drilled about a 45-50 yarder at the end to redeem himself.

Longview looked like they were in midseason form which is to be expected with all the experience on both sides of the ball. We ran the ball very well. The difference in this years team and last years will be our pass game. I really think the coaches will use our backup QBs arm this year if he can perform well come game time. He really throws well. Our D smothered LPs run game. The weak spot was our secondary which gave up a few long pass plays to LP. They are inexperienced though and I think they will improve.
Thanks for the additional info. I have not seen Trevon Lewis in action but have heard alot about him. He must be special if a Lobo fan can see it just during a scrimmage and say that he should be moved up to varsity. Maybe it won't happen but at least it gives us something to look forward to when he does play at the varsity level. Any big time hits from either defense?

LoboFan07
08-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the update. I don't know that those numbers mean anything. Outlaw said we were going to wear our practice jerseys.

I know the JV and Freshman did, but varsity wore their real jerseys.

It looked like the Lp D kept trying to just hit them and think they're were gonna go down. They were some hits that couldve been big but totally missed the player. But there were a few.

I think right now the biggest thing for Lp is to hang onto the ball. Putting the ball on the ground in a game or a scrimmage shouldnt be expected. But Lp showed they could improve definately.

Good luck to you guys this year!

PowerPack'd
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys, that is the next best thing to being there (without the heat)!

Favpack
08-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the input guys - glad to hear there were no heat incidents.

Word on the Lufkin Freshman runners. The humongous kid is McFarland - he's a beast. Travon Lewis is the smaller, faster guy that is a real slasher. They both will be very good.

Sounds like the Lufkin O-line has a long, long way to go. Coach Earley has his work cut out for him. As suspected, the Longview veteran D-line probably feasted on these guys.

c-lisle
08-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the additional info. I have not seen Trevon Lewis in action but have heard alot about him. He must be special if a Lobo fan can see it just during a scrimmage and say that he should be moved up to varsity. Maybe it won't happen but at least it gives us something to look forward to when he does play at the varsity level. Any big time hits from either defense?

I enjoeyed watching the freshmen the most. That Lewis kid will be very good. He is physically ready for Vtown but prolly not mentally. He laid the best lick of the day. A Lview Dlineman(pretty big kid) was rushing from the weak side and Lewis dang near took his head of...knocked him straight back on his but. The very next play The same Dline laid the wood on Lewis...but not quite as good. The Lewis kid showed great sportsmanship by getting up and slapping the guy on the helmet like he was saying good hit man. That was good to see.

I don't know why someof you guys dont like scrimmages....I had a blast watching all the talent on both sides of the ball.

LoboFan07
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't know why someof you guys dont like scrimmages....I had a blast watching all the talent on both sides of the ball.

Only bad part of the day was the heat. Dear Lord I couldnt sit down fully for close to 10 minutes, not to mention being already mad cause the dang internet wouldnt let me get on at the stadium. Lets hope I get that figured out by Friday.

Favpack
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
What can we say Rclisle41 -- you're a beast -- make sure you load back up on G'aide - it's brutal out there. I personally enjoyed the scrimmages last year - but I ain't driving to Ltown to watch one ;)

c-lisle
08-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Only bad part of the day was the heat. Dear Lord I couldnt sit down fully for close to 10 minutes, not to mention being already mad cause the dang internet wouldnt let me get on at the stadium. Lets hope I get that figured out by Friday.

It really wasnt bad if you had a umbrella to block the sun. I feel for those who didn't.

I did see one Lview player struggle getting of the field...looked like the heat was geeting to him. He looked real woozy trying to walk off the field, then hit the ground when he got off. I think he was ok though.

Good luck with the interent thing.

LPFAN
08-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys - glad to hear there were no heat incidents.

Word on the Lufkin Freshman runners. The humongous kid is McFarland - he's a beast. Travon Lewis is the smaller, faster guy that is a real slasher. They both will be very good.

Sounds like the Lufkin O-line has a long, long way to go. Coach Earley has his work cut out for him. As suspected, the Longview veteran D-line probably feasted on these guys.
I know who the McFarland boy is too and have heard good things about him but the one who Coach Outlaw has been qouted as saying "he has the potential to be the best back I have ever coached" is in reference to Lewis. Yes, McFarland is huge and Lewis is the smaller of the two but Lewis is not small. I saw both of them in the hallway at the high school towards the end of last school year when I took my son to get his physical. They both were there for the same thing and Trevon was much bigger up close then what he looks at a distance. I had seen him on the basketball court during city league when my son pointed him out to me and told me every one at the middle school was saying he was like the next Lane. I thought he looked kinda small then but when I saw him in the hallway I could tell he was pretty solid and had some good height. He will only get bigger, faster and stronger. Both McFarland and Lewis will be two players that will give Lufkin Panthers something to look forward too in the future and I am sure there are several others that will make a name for themselves in the next couple of years.

pack98
08-20-2005, 07:21 PM
how did the Lufkin D look and L.Heweitt and the secondary and was the run D good against a great back like the lobos back?

It is normal for the D to be ahead of the offense this time of the year. Good think no one got hurt and both teams can learn from this and get ready. I am sure if the Freshmen back is ready to come up he will. Reggie played with us while he was a fresh at WR in 98 and we went 4 deep in the playoffs so outlaw will play the fresh if he thinks he gives us the best chance to win. Coach early will have the line ready.

Just cant wait for SEPT. 2. How long did the first team players play in the scrimmage.

Good luck to the lobos lets meet again in the playoffs. it is all good for East Texas. the best side of TEXAS AND PLAYS THE BEST FOOTBALL PERIOD.

GO PANTHERS LETS KEEP THE WORK UP AND GET BETTER EACH DAY.

bleedgreen
08-20-2005, 09:07 PM
both teams have wrinkles to work out, but that's why it's called a scrimmage........Vondrell and Ivory had holes big enough to drive semis through----they were unstoppable--looked really good for a scrimmage.....forget the controlled scrimmage. the "real" condition scrimmage is the one i want to talk about.......Longview's 1st team O against Lufkin's 1st team D----drove the ball with ease, and then threw an int. that hewitt picked off in the endzone(knew that he would get one--he's just too good).....why we threw the fly pattern from the 10 is beyond me?? we ran the ball the whole time down their throats, then want to throw one, which was picked off....only thing i can think of is that we were trying to run some different things to work on since it was practice......Lufkin 1st O against Longview 1st team D---no contest.....defense flying to the ball like madmen, running through Lufkin's o-line, and stopping the tailback each time in the backfield or at the line--they are really quick to the ball! Lufkin punts, 1st team O for Longview takes over against 1st team D for Lufkin......again, drove the ball with multiple doses of Ivory and Vondrell--Ivory finally punches it in for the TD.....Lufkin's 1st team O against Longview's 1st team D-----same result, except for a Lufkin turnover(fumble)----2nd string O for Longview takes over against Lufkin's 1st team D---that's when i decided that the real game was over........Longview's 1st teams--7, Lufkin's 1st teams--0(that is after 2 possessions by each teams 1st strings)............thing i couldn't understand, is why Lufkin kept their 1st teams in for 3 more possessions against our 2nd string teams??? i guess Outlaw wasn't satisfied with the 1st teams performance, so he kept them in a little longer----2nd teams for Longview still held them in check anyway, so i guess it didn't matter??? the Lufkin kicker did make one hell of a field goal from 50 yards out, and still had about 10 yards to go on that one--that was unbelievable........second string for Longview scored the other TD on a pretty pass from Miles(but, that was against Lufkin's 2nd string D)...Miles definitely has an arm and throws a pretty spiral.....way too many penalties and turnovers for Lufkin---i know it's practice, but that didn't look like Lufkin teams of the past? way too many DROPPED balls by Longview receivers and DB's---that's got to improve quickly!! to be honest, and this is not a shot at Lufkin in any way---the 2nd string offense for Lufkin looked better than the 1st string to me. i'm sure others saw that as well......and the 2 long pass plays that Lufkin converted was their 1st team O against our 2nd string D, but nonetheless, they were pretty passes thrown by Claybon...he really had no time at all back in the pocket against the 1st string D of Longview--they were pressuring, chasing, and hitting him almost every play--didn't look like he had any help from the O-line........i was impressed with Claybon, the tailback(#22), and the Lufkin receivers(made a few great catches over the DB's).......very impressed with Vondrell and Chris Ivory---both of those boys have put on alot of weight and muscle over the off-season!! impressed with both teams respect of each other and the sportsmanship between both--only a couple of "pushing and boxing" matches--LOL.......really liked the way the JV looked--may mean good things to come for the next couple of years for Longview.......all in all, it was a good scrimmage, even though our 1st teams didn't play but a couple of series---would have liked to have seen a little more--Outlaw had the right idea by keeping his 1st teams in a little longer..........i'm sure adjustments will be made by both teams and coaching staffs before next friday.......hope that the 3 1st team starters for Lufkin who were injured are alright....that's the disadvantage to leaving the 1st teams in longer--knew that was going to happen.......hottest game i've ever been to..sunburned like a lobster..guess i shouldn't have taken my shirt off but i was wearing BLACK--that was my first mistake.....sorry that post was long, but that is as good as play by play that it gets(condensed version--LOL)........hope Lufkin fans(all 20 of them--LOL)made it home safely and that you guys have a good season...guess we will see you in the same Bat-place, same Bat-time, same bat-channel, as always............................................ ...

LoboFan07
08-21-2005, 01:54 AM
the Lufkin kicker did make one hell of a field goal from 50 yards out, and still had about 10 yards to go on that one--that was unbelievable........way too many DROPPED balls by Longview receivers and DB's---that's got to improve quickly!!

Still cant believe he made that one. After not really coming close on first two, and then boom he kicks that. Something has got to be up there. Nervous maybe I dunno lmao.

Totally agree. 3 of those Lp passes were STRAIGHT to Lobo defenders and we got and drop them. Its one of those frusterating situations that makes you laugh. Definately will need those interceptions in real games. Two of those would've been easily scored for Touchdown. How on earth did that interception we actually made even be caught. I know the Lp defender tipped it then we made a diving catch yet three passes that were thrown right to us we drop. Hmm.

Definately have to work on catch the ball on the offensive side also. Dropping 8 of those passes that could've been 1st downs or more is not acceptable.

bleedgreen
08-21-2005, 02:18 AM
yea, 2 of those "should have" been caught and returned for TD's.....funny thing though, both times the ball was dropped by the same DB, and on top of that, it was back-to-back plays!! both of them hit him right in the hands...had nothing but sideline all the way to the endzone....it's like Claybon yelled over to him and said, "hey, i'm about to throw the ball to you".....after it was dropped the first time, then he said, "ok, you muffed that TD, i'll do it again and see if you can catch this one"--LOL.....well, he muffed another TD.......too many drops today...................

LPFAN
08-21-2005, 03:52 AM
Just a couple of articles on the scrimmage and a good article on Hewitt.
http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2005/08/21/20050821LDNPack.html

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2005/08/21/20050821LDNScrim.html

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2005/08/21/20050821LDNHewitt.html

It was noted on Lufkin's website that we have not (won) a scrimmage since 2000 but we still manage to win a majority of the games that count. I still say that I would rather scrimmage a great team like Longview then just some average or below average team. We always know they are going to bring it and show us where are weaknesses are and what we need to improve upon. I have no doubt that Outlaw and his staff will get our boys ready for the games that do count. Good luck next week to the Lobos. Not that I think you will need it. Have a great season.

LoboFan07
08-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Heres the Longview New-Journal's Article. Looks like they saw what we saw.

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2005/08/21/20050821LNJlobofootballscr.html

toonman
08-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Have you guys been to www.texashsfoorball.com - has Longview ranked #1 with SLC as #2, followed by

3). spring westview
4). smithson valley
5). Katy
6). Lufkin

Buddy of mine went to SLC scrimmage, said those guys are awesome - scored 12 tds. Coach's son - Riley dodge had a hand in 4 tds. some as wide r and a couple as back up QB. Also said SLC's defence is their best yet in 5A.

LoboFan07
08-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Buddy of mine went to SLC scrimmage, said those guys are awesome - scored 12 tds. Coach's son - Riley dodge had a hand in 4 tds. some as wide r and a couple as back up QB. Also said SLC's defence is their best yet in 5A.

Hopefully he isnt just going on that just from the scrimmage.

c-lisle
08-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Still cant believe he made that one. After not really coming close on first two, and then boom he kicks that. Something has got to be up there. Nervous maybe I dunno lmao.

Totally agree. 3 of those Lp passes were STRAIGHT to Lobo defenders and we got and drop them. Its one of those frusterating situations that makes you laugh. Definately will need those interceptions in real games. Two of those would've been easily scored for Touchdown. How on earth did that interception we actually made even be caught. I know the Lp defender tipped it then we made a diving catch yet three passes that were thrown right to us we drop. Hmm.

Definately have to work on catch the ball on the offensive side also. Dropping 8 of those passes that could've been 1st downs or more is not acceptable.

Almost all of the drops were by 2nd and 3rd stringers....hopefully those guys won't get a sniff of PT.

bleedgreen
08-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Vondrell had 4 carries for 37 yards--not bad....over 9 yards a carry....seems like he's right on pace......Lufkin article said that the O-line gave Claybon plenty of time to throw??? what game were they watching?? that poor guy was pressured the whole afternoon---even by the 2nd team D for Longview.......only big weakness i saw for Lufkin was their O-line...everything else will fall into place during the season for both teams.............i'm still thinking about that 50 yard boot....man, what a kick!

Favpack
08-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the updates/takes guys. Sounds kinda like the first quarter of the SFA game last year, huh? L'view looking sharp, LP looking a little flat.

A little surprising Longview was running effectively - but it will take time for LP's D to gel, and against the best rb tandem in state is a heck of a way to start. I see LP's D as still being better than last year come crunch time - and that's plenty good enough.

LP's O-line is another story. They have absolutely no clue yet whose starting yet, let alone where - so, that group will look out of sync until Oct. most likely. That may be a plus for Claybon, once he gets some time, I know he will find receivers that are open - I can guarantee that much.

Glad there were no injuries.

bleedgreen
08-21-2005, 06:23 PM
that first line of your post hurt, Favpack--LOL..........you guys did have some injuries, though(or it appeared you did---2 of the guys were limping off, and they were starters)...just wondering what the injury report is on your side---no injuries on our side, thank goodness!

wide-e-wide
08-21-2005, 06:51 PM
What no update on the t-shirts?...that sucks...
and you claim to be giving us valuable information?...

PackAttack2005
08-21-2005, 07:30 PM
OL Max Taylor and DB Jamie Harris were banged up at little yesterday, not sure of their status for next week. Looked like Taylor had a sprained ankle, not sure about Harris or anyone else. I will find out tomorrow if there are any more serious injuries. I think they were mostly caused by the turf at Lobo Stadium.

www.lufkinpanthersports.com

PowerPack'd
08-21-2005, 09:45 PM
I talked to one of Lufkin's DLinemen tonight. He said you would not believe how hot it was on the field. Their feet were burning, the heat was radiating up off the turf, and they were having a hard time staying hydrated.

pack0808
08-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Complete waste of time!! The dumbest thing i have ever done!! I went to a lame scrimmage game almost 2 hrs away and it felt like i was in the desert in Iraq. I see Bleed says Longview had holes the size of mack trucks?? Lufkins 1st string d gave up 1 td and that is counting the 40 play controlled scrimmage part. The one td came after an amazing catch on 3rd and 9 by the big tight end. The Lufkin linebacker had a great shot at a pick on that pass but forgot to look up. lol I remember several running attempts that had 0 to 1 yards. Most of Vondrell's yardage came from 1 big carry!! The Lufkin 1st string offense had several big plays passing but did struggle running the ball like somebody said earlier. Dez Bryant is basically unstopable and i could of sworn that was a td on that fade but i did not have a good angle. Thad Gordon looked good also. On the 1 half play. It was 7-3 up until the end of the 2nd half when Longviews 2nd or 3rd stringers scored on Lufkin 3rd string defense with a few minutes left. What excitement!! :eek: It would not even happened if the scoreboard guys would have run the clock on the 1st 6 plays. 1 pass to hewitt's man and 1 pick by the way!! I am not worried a bit. It went kind of like i thought it would. Lufkin does not gameplan on what the other team is doing at all in scrimmages. They could care less. I figured it would be low scoring because of Lufkin's and Longview's very good defense and Lufkin's inexperienced but talented offense. It really was a waste of time and i am still wondering why i went?? Maybe i am that hard up for football i do not know?? Me and my oldest son did go to chucky cheese so the whole day was not a lost. ;) Hey PA, where was Joe Jackson?? Maybe he changed numbers?? also, i guess Penson is wearing Lane's old jersey in #7?? Penson used to be 92. I guess we are all hard up for some football if you look at the # of pages a scrimmage game thread has!! LOL We all need help!! ;)

LoboFan07
08-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Lufkins 1st string d gave up 1 td and that is counting the 40 play controlled scrimmage part.

Longview's 1st string played 15 of those 40 plays and played two series the entire live quarter play just to clarify that.

pack0808
08-21-2005, 10:33 PM
I should have been more clear!! I am still in shock that they played the warped wolf yelp and played celebrate good times come on at the end of the game!! Not to mention the national anthem and the are you ready for some football by the announcer at the start of the game. Here is all you need to know. The Longview's 1st string outscored Lufkin 1st string 7-0 counting both the controlled scrimmage and the regular part of the scrimmage when they were in there. whoopee!! Both teams are going to be very good and it was good practice for both teams. Waste of time for fans though.

pack0808
08-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Oh and by the way, Those were not Lufkin game jersey's to whoever said that they were.

LoboFan07
08-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I should have been more clear!! I am still in shock that they played the warped wolf yelp and played celebrate good times come on at the end of the game!! Not to mention the national anthem and the are you ready for some football by the announcer at the start of the game. Here is all you need to know. The Longview's 1st string outscored Lufkin 1st string 7-0 counting both the controlled scrimmage and the regular part of the scrimmage when they were in there. whoopee!! Both teams are going to be very good and it was good practice for both teams. Waste of time for fans though.

I never heard to the Wolf yelp so I dunno where you got that.

The celebration thing was totally I dont even know what to call it. Plain stupid cause as you could see nobody even care who won it.

I dont know why we did the National Anthem either. But whatever.

You're acting like we still care that we won the dang thing. Its over. I wouldnt call it a waste of time. You're the one who decided to come not them. Like you said it was good for both teams but you're over here screaming it was a waste of time, so why did you go?

I had a blast personally. Knowing football is right around the corner, made it even better.

pack0808
08-21-2005, 11:17 PM
I am still asking myself that same question?? I have been to 2 scrimmage games in my life and that was the game last year and this year vs longview but i never thought i would travel to one. To be honest with you it got me out of moving and i have been dying to watch any type of football. My wife was still pissed i went!! LOL I sure made up for it today though. I moved from 10:30 to 7:30 and i still have a headache. LOL Are you calling me a liar about the wolf yelp that sounds like a crack ***** taking her first hit in months?? :rolleyes: My little boy was like what is that and then me and 3 other Lufkin fans started laughing. Trust me i heard it very clear, but i guess it is possible i could have hallucinated from the heat. ;)

GoOwls
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
I gather everyone got back from that Hatfields/McCoys of a scrimmage with their lives and health? Ya'll do crack me up, but I enjoy your enthusiasm. :D

LoboFan07
08-21-2005, 11:53 PM
I am still asking myself that same question?? I have been to 2 scrimmage games in my life and that was the game last year and this year vs longview but i never thought i would travel to one.

Im still wondering why I've been going to so many.

I've been to now 5 in my life. 03-Longview @ Hallsville, 04-Longview @ Lufkin, This year was the big one

Thursday-Gilmer @ Spring
Friday-LE @ Marshall
Saturday-Lufkin @ Longview

Wooo Im on a roll

bleedgreen
08-21-2005, 11:56 PM
pack0808---i will agree with you on a few things---the heat, the "real" score of the scrimmage(like it matters), and the wolf call(we've all been making fun of that since it started).......but, that horrific, rap song that you guys played over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over(you get the point)L-L-L-L-P-P-P was absolutely terrible, just to say the least.....so, i guess neither one of our "themes" are worth a crap, right?? as for the game, yea, your running game had some success, of course that was your 1st team running against our 2nd stringers--whose not going to have success then(and really, LP didn't do that much against our 2nd string, IMHO).....as far as Vondrell is concerned, he had a couple of good runs, enough to satisfy the coaching staff, that's why he was pulled--no need to risk injury. i saw him stopped one time for no gain--don't know what game you were watching brother? and yes, the holes that Ivory and McGee were running through were big enough to drive semis through them---defensive line was getting blown backwards each time--we were sitting there watching it....i guess you saw what you wanted to see, and i saw what i wanted to see, so we will agree to disagree....but, hell, it's just a scrimmage, right?? i would rather scrimmage teams like Lufkin or Lee rather than hallsville(like in the past)---those were 49 and 56-0 games--that's no practice in my book....both teams have things to work on and both will be fine during the season--no doubt.........your receiver(is his name Thaddius?)who jumped in front of the DB in the endzone was close to scoring---that could have been ruled anyway...at first, i thought he had possession long enough for a TD, but they said that he had it in the air, but when he came down it slipped out--looked really close to me.......what did you think about Ivory?? he's a load to bring down. saw where it took 6, 7, and even 8 LP players to bring him down a couple of times...did you see our back-up TB to Vondrell?? his name is Aubrey Wilkerson #22--he lives about 3 houses up from me....trained him myself since he was about 10 years old--LOL.....used to play catch with him alot out in the street and up at the football field at the elementary school by our house....he's a load to bring down as well--just has to work on hitting the holes faster and has to work on his footspeed...........anyway, i'm through with this subject..good luck to Lufkin on the season.......PS---i'm having the t-shirts printed as we speak--LOL......................

pack0808
08-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Wow that is bad?? LOL Call for help now!! ;) Did you say Gilmer vs Spring?? Spring is a 5a school what is Gilmer?? I did hear Diboll ( 3a school about 8 miles south of Lufkin) played Kilgore ( 4a div2 defending champs) very tough in a meaningless scrimmage. Diboll is where Jermichael Finley AKA Javorski's brother went.

bleedgreen
08-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Lobo07-----what did Marshall look like friday?? was Jackie Robinson running good, or was he fumbling as usual??? how did the O look?? how did the D look?? any weaknesses that we may exploit come friday night??

bleedgreen
08-22-2005, 12:04 AM
he was referring to Spring Hill(3A school here in Longview).....how did Diboll look against Kilgore?? isn't Finley going to Texas as well?? he got off in the all-star game last month!!

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Please tell me they didn't do the wolf yelp at a scrimmage.
That was a joke right?
Good Lord...that's almost as bad as the t-shirts. Almost...

pack0808
08-22-2005, 12:09 AM
LOL Bleed!! I never said Lufkin had success in the running game vs Longview's 1st string defense. They did not do crap!! I am ready for them to bring up Trevon Lewis AKA the new Javorski ASAP!! and i do not care if he is a freshmen!! Bro i completely had amnesia about trying to find you. I thought about it when i was at chucky cheese with my son. I was going to come over to the Lobo parking and look for you and if i saw you i was going to ask you where your scrimmage superbowl championship t-shirt was. LOL If i was by myself i definitely would have found you so we could hang out but my wife would have known i was up to something if i did not take one of my kids. LOL I thought that was Dez Bryant on the leaping catch or incompletion?? That guy is bad Bleed trust me!! He is only a junior. He is 6'3 205 and can leap out of the stadium. He caught 3 or 4 td's after moving up in the playoffs vs Cedar Park and SLC. He will be one of the top recruits in the nation at wr next year like M kelley was!! I was very impressed with both Longviews backup rb and especially qb. That guy looks very very impressive. I am also impressed by your 7'10 tight end that you had last year. Where do you find these giant te's anyway. Tate Casey now him. Must be recruiting like ECA?? ;) Seriously though, my little 5 year old son was miserable at that game so i had to reward him for going with me.

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 12:25 AM
It seems like this scrimmage was no different then last years scrimmage but somehow this one was more impressive to a few Lobo fans. Last year was nothing to brag about on Lufkin's side of the ball and we obviously had a hard time keeping Longview from finding the endzone back then too. Everything I have read from both sides, fans and newspapers, shows that it was more or less a repeat of last years scrimmage. Why some Lobo fans seem to think Lufkin is just an average team is beyond me. Did you say that last year when we gave an average performance during the scrimmage? Here are two interesting comments pulled from their website. I know most of the Lobo fans don't feel this way but this is ridiculous.

lob082

Aug 21st, 2005 - 11:16 AM Re: winning the matchup battle

I thought Lufkin looked like an average team at best. I know Lufkins saying is "tradition never graduates" but I beleive all their tradition is now playing at ATM.
clisle41

Aug 21st, 2005 - 2:54 PM Re: winning the matchup battle

Couldnt' agree with you more lobo82. They centered their entire offense around lane and now he is gone. The scrimmage showed that w/o a beast in the backfield there offense is just not going to be as effective. They do have some huge RBs on the freshman team...one of them looked like a clone of J Lane. That RB they have now is not very good IMO...at least from mwhat I saw. LP fans said losing Lane wouldn't determine their year...but I think they will see w/o him or someone similar they won't get it done offensively. Can't tell them that though.

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 12:27 AM
If I were a crack addict I would move to Longview. Because apparently they have some good (bleep) up there.

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 12:43 AM
If I were a crack addict I would move to Longview. Because apparently they have some good (bleep) up there.
What else is funny is that we managed to win a state championship without a great back like Lane. We were more of a passing team back then and our back's were not the greatest to come through Lufkin. We also did not have a boat load of great receivers back then either like we do this year. Oh and the argument could be made that Reggie was a running threat which is true but his best stats were in passing. His 856 yards rushing(although impressive) in his senior year at Lufkin is nowhere near Lane's 1,944 yards gained in his senior season. So my point is, if we have a great receiving corps with a good quarterback and an average to better then average running back we should be just fine. Yes Lane will be missed but not in the way some of you Lobo fans imply. Our o-line is my main concern but coach Early will have that all worked out come game time.

pack0808
08-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Is it just me or did J Lane have absolutely no part in the State championship in 2001?? ;) LOL at Rclislehavingnoclue making a observation like that from an August scrimmage game where the Longview's 1st string outscored Lufkin 1st string 7-0!! :) How many games of the 9 game streak was Lane a part of ?? I mean pathetic and desperate does not even begin to desribe that statement. LOL Average at best?? Now that is just funny!! He would of never said that in here because he would have been torn apart because this is the site where knowledgeable texas hs football fans exist. We can see through all the bs in this site.

pack0808
08-22-2005, 01:13 AM
On second thought??, maybe Rclisle was just talking out of his head on a Lobo site after being so pumped up after hearing Celebration Good Times on the Lobo loudspeaker after the game. LOL He just was not thinking clearly?? Maybe 9 in a row hit him after the scrimmage game high went away??

PowerPack'd
08-22-2005, 07:11 AM
he was referring to Spring Hill(3A school here in Longview).....how did Diboll look against Kilgore?? isn't Finley going to Texas as well?? he got off in the all-star game last month!!
Finley is going to Texas. I don't know how the scrimmage went.

PackAttack2005
08-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Here is another gem from Rclisle from the Lobo site:

http://pub4.bravenet.com/forum/292382005/show/707856

Coaches making strides for deep playoff run

If you didn't notice in the scrimmage the Lobos ran alot of plays out of a spread type offense. You never saw that last year or in the past several. I think the coaches realize the potential of this team and are not going to limit them. Coach King was qouted in the paper saying we would use the spread alot more this year. This tells me they are going to use all our assets this year to make a deep run at the state championship. Mix in some passes with our run game and we will be UNSTOPPABLE. I hope to see Miles get some PT this year throwing the ball. He is really impressive. He can also run so the D can't say well Miles is in so we should look pass.

All this along with getting our DBs experience will make for a deep run into the playoffs. Of yeah..we need to stay healthy too.

UNSTOPPABLE ?

pack0808
08-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I personally think they need to stick to running the ball 85 to 90 percent of the time like usual. That is when Longview is the toughest to stop. Sure they need a little passing game but not much by using some play action to keep the defense honest. I have a feeling once regular season starts you will see mostly their basic formation. They are most comfortable in that set no doubt. Why do teams find it mandatory to try to mix some type of spread offense in their playbook?? I guess it is just the sign of the times. Do not get me wrong Longview ran most of their plays in their normal look. The backup qb looked the best in the spread type of formations.

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Rclisle is Longview's answer to Mike Tyson when it comes to quotes.

"My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious."
*add lisp for effect^^
Unstoppable?...that's funny.

c-lisle
08-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Here is another gem from Rclisle from the Lobo site:

http://pub4.bravenet.com/forum/292382005/show/707856

Coaches making strides for deep playoff run

If you didn't notice in the scrimmage the Lobos ran alot of plays out of a spread type offense. You never saw that last year or in the past several. I think the coaches realize the potential of this team and are not going to limit them. Coach King was qouted in the paper saying we would use the spread alot more this year. This tells me they are going to use all our assets this year to make a deep run at the state championship. Mix in some passes with our run game and we will be UNSTOPPABLE. I hope to see Miles get some PT this year throwing the ball. He is really impressive. He can also run so the D can't say well Miles is in so we should look pass.

All this along with getting our DBs experience will make for a deep run into the playoffs. Of yeah..we need to stay healthy too.

UNSTOPPABLE ?

Well I shoud've said unstoppable against LP...casuse you sure didn't stop our run game last year. I correct myself...we will be very difficult to stop...is that better?

Pack0808: Why are you ranting and raving som much about the scrimmage and what we say if you don't care at all. I think you are still mad about how bad LP's O looked out there. That's the truth.

Man wide....you really crack yourself up don't you. I try to ignore you, but dang....you just won't go away.

Oh well, scrimmage didn't matter and noone on here said it did. Hope to see everyone on November and till then good luck to LP and the 'Bos.

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 11:12 AM
It's true. I laugh at my dumb jokes every day. It keeps we on my toes. Otherwise I might just fall asleep.

Nukka Nilla
08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
So from what I have read about the SlC and Lufkin scrimmages it sounds like the SLC receivers have come out of the gates ahead of the Lufkin Unit. In the SLC vs. Sam H game SLC threw for 570 yds. with 6 receiving td's minus Renfro while Lufkin couldn't even put it in the endzone... SLC takes the early lead

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Meaningless games:
SLC-1
Lufkin-0
The Pack better get it together...I'm sure they are worried.

pack0808
08-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Well I shoud've said unstoppable against LP...casuse you sure didn't stop our run game last year. I correct myself...we will be very difficult to stop...is that better?

Pack0808: Why are you ranting and raving som much about the scrimmage and what we say if you don't care at all. I think you are still mad about how bad LP's O looked out there. That's the truth.

Man wide....you really crack yourself up don't you. I try to ignore you, but dang....you just won't go away.

Oh well, scrimmage didn't matter and noone on here said it did. Hope to see everyone on November and till then good luck to LP and the 'Bos.

Rclisle, If you speak what i think is nonsense i will respnd every time and i do not care if it is about a scrimmage game. :rolleyes: Yeah you caught me!!, i have not slept since the meaningless 1000 degree scrimmage game. I am so worried. I am still hearing the lobo yelping like he has the runs in my nightmare please help!! How will Lufkin ever score a td again?? LMAO What are we going to do without Lane?? quietly sobbing. ;) Lufkin will be just fine and i actually knew this would happen again because some people over analyze scrimmage games just like they do 7 on 7. Talk to me when the regular season starts about Lufkin. If they still cannot score td's in the regular season i will become a rclisle believer. By the way, I bet you are pumped about the 2 game scrimmage streak!! ;)

c-lisle
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh no, you'll be able to score....but you'll do it passing. From what I saw of your RB, well actually didn't see much b/c he was spent most of the game on his back, he's not going to get it done. Claybon may be a good runner....but he's not that good. Guess we'll just wait a couple of weeks and find out. Good thing y'all have a easier schedule than what you used too. Now you can argue about that statement. LOL

When you center your O around one person and that person leaves there is a major problem. And please don't say your O wasn't centered around Lane.

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh no, you'll be able to score....but you'll do it passing. From what I saw of your RB, well actually didn't see much b/c he was spent most of the game on his back, he's not going to get it done. Claybon may be a good runner....but he's not that good. Guess we'll just wait a couple of weeks and find out. Good thing y'all have a easier schedule than what you used too. Now you can argue about that statement. LOL

When you center your O around one person and that person leaves there is a major problem. And please don't say your O wasn't centered around Lane.
Get real Rclisle41!!!! You just have to find a way to prove that Lufkin will not be any good. You know maybe we wont but maybe we will. We will see once the season starts. People said the same kind of crap when Reggie graduated. I wouldn't be suprised if you were one of them. I will tell you this much. You reap what you sow and sometimes you end up having to eat your own words. What I have noticed on here is alot of Lufkin fans talking good about your team etc. but you just seem to try to run our team in the ground with any tidbit of information you can use such as Lane is gone, o-line did not look good in the scrimmage(by the way they did not look good last year when they scrimmaged Longview either) or our defense could not keep you all from scoring. Heck I would be mad too if my team lost so many games to you in the last 6 years but I would not pull a bunch of crap out of my butt to say about your team to make me feel better. Thank God most of Longview fans are not like you. Longview will have a good season this year and hopefully some of the fans I see on your board will quit dogging your coach and blaming him for losing to Lufkin last year. That is just plain sorry right there. I am going to paste my previous post on here in case you missed it. You have one warped theory about our offense.

What else is funny is that we managed to win a state championship without a great back like Lane. We were more of a passing team back then and our back's were not the greatest to come through Lufkin. We also did not have a boat load of great receivers back then either like we do this year. Oh and the argument could be made that Reggie was a running threat which is true but his best stats were in passing. His 856 yards rushing(although impressive) in his senior year at Lufkin is nowhere near Lane's 1,944 yards gained in his senior season. So my point is, if we have a great receiving corps with a good quarterback and an average to better then average running back we should be just fine. Yes Lane will be missed but not in the way some of you Lobo fans imply. Our o-line is my main concern but coach Early will have that all worked out come game time.

Favpack
08-22-2005, 03:15 PM
I think Kibble will be decent, but, no, he's not gonna play college ball. The LP O will look very different from where it was last year - when a once in a lifetime power back comes along you take advantage of it (Major clue there for Coach King).

I'm a bit disappointed the coaches at Lufkin didn't sort through the O-line mess a little better in spring ball - but it will get done before district - hopefully well before that. Longview's D will make anyone look a little foolish at times this year - but, particularly when their opponent has practiced all of a week prior to the scrimmage - and was ONLY interested in seeing what O-line combo. would work best.

Lufkin's offense will look very similar to what it did in '01. Inconsistent, mediocre running game, but the ability to put up 21 on you in a heartbeat.

I'll let anyone know when I decide Longview is not the team to beat in DII this year, but, for now, I'm sticking with that - and hoping their opponent two days after Thanksgiving is LP.

And, to Nuka - comparing Sam Houston to Longview is like comparing...., well, there is no comparison.

pack0808
08-22-2005, 03:22 PM
You sure do make an unbelievable analysis off of a short scrimmage game where the starters played 1 quarter??? You are good!! LOL Claybon is an excellent runner by the way. He just did not have many chances saturday. Trust me he can run!!

Yes Lufkin has an easier schedule now but the last time i checked they won the old east texas district in 2001 and 2003. They finished second to Tyler Lee in 2002. Longview finished 3rd all of those years correct?? Looks like Longview should be the one happy about the easier schedule then Lufkin is?? Rclisle we simply disagree on some things and we are both big fans of our team. I am sure we would get along if we hung out. It is just football talk and i hope you do not take it personal because i dont??

On Lane being the main person in Lp's offense the last 2 years!! Yes of course he was. Many teams have a best player on offense that they go to more then others. AKA Vondrell!! You act like Lufkin had nobody else last year?? I guess the Longview playoff game would give you that assumption because Lufkin used Lane 10 times more in that game then they usually did. Hewitt was out so he did punt returns, He did kickoff returns for because of shankle fumbling, He actually threw the ball in that game and he had only did that once. I guess they just milked him for everything he was worth in a big game?? It worked so why not??

The Lufkin O will be fine in my opinion. They will definitely be able to pass and they will figure out away to be effective running the ball. They have 5 new starters on the O-line and that was their 1st game together. Not to mention they were going up against a very very good Longview defense. I expected them to struggle early. But i do not expect them to struggle come playoff time. They will be fine. Outlaw is very smart and he has plenty of talent to work with. Lufkin will go 10-0 this regular season and i feel very good about that!!

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I think Kibble will be decent, but, no, he's not gonna play college ball. The LP O will look very different from where it was last year - when a once in a lifetime power back comes along you take advantage of it (Major clue there for Coach King).

I'm a bit disappointed the coaches at Lufkin didn't sort through the O-line mess a little better in spring ball - but it will get done before district - hopefully well before that. Longview's D will make anyone look a little foolish at times this year - but, particularly when their opponent has practiced all of a week prior to the scrimmage - and was ONLY interested in seeing what O-line combo. would work best.

Lufkin's offense will look very similar to what it did in '01. Inconsistent, mediocre running game, but the ability to put up 21 on you in a heartbeat.

I'll let anyone know when I decide Longview is not the team to beat in DII this year, but, for now, I'm sticking with that - and hoping their opponent two days after Thanksgiving is LP.

And, to Nuka - comparing Sam Houston to Longview is like comparing...., well, there is no comparison.
Like comparing the cheesy screen name Nukka Nilla to Favpac!!!

pack0808
08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Maybe i am just dimented (which is pretty acurate) but i like that warped looking nic Nukka Nilla. LOL Not sure what it means though?? I hope it is not a name dissing Lufkin?? :eek:

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
I started to say that too. But I wanted to find out what in the world a Nukka Nilla is first. Nuclear Vanilla Wafer?

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey Nukka I'm just giving you a hard time. It is not like I have an original screen name. So what does Nukka Nilla mean. Can you tell us or is it an "Ancient Chinese Secret?"

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 04:55 PM

Oh by the way if we did not stop your run game last year then you should have beat us pretty handidly. No we might not have stopped your run game every time since we did get scored on but appearantly we stopped the run game just enough times to keep you from scoring the winning points. In the end that is all that matters. You can run up and down the field all day and gain 100's of yards but if you can't punch it in when it matters you still lose the game. Any questions? As much as you talk about how Lufkin is just average and Longview is unstoppable you would think they would have scored at least 2 to 3 times with their 1st team offense in just the few times they were on the field. Appearantly Lufkin must not be "just an average football team at best."

LoboFan07
08-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Lobo07-----what did Marshall look like friday?? was Jackie Robinson running good, or was he fumbling as usual??? how did the O look?? how did the D look?? any weaknesses that we may exploit come friday night??

Truthfully? They looked...bad. Their new QB, not gonna work. They have no O-Line to be honest lmao. Our D-Line will eat them up. Their new QB is really inconstant.

Their D was the strong part of their game obviously. Running game worked pretty good but if they're counting on that to beat us it definately wont work. Thats the only thing that worked in their offense.

Its going to be obvious how much better Longview is over Marshall this Friday. I stated earlier that I thought we would beat them 42-24 (before the scrimmage)...Thats an 18 point difference. Now Im saying we better beat them by 28. Thats how much of a difference it made. I know it was a scrimmage but Im just not sold on how they're gonna knock us off and win their District (wouldnt be surprised to see Hallsville knocked MHS out of the playoff hunt).

c-lisle
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Get real Rclisle41!!!! You just have to find a way to prove that Lufkin will not be any good. You know maybe we wont but maybe we will. We will see once the season starts. People said the same kind of crap when Reggie graduated. I wouldn't be suprised if you were one of them. I will tell you this much. You reap what you sow and sometimes you end up having to eat your own words. What I have noticed on here is alot of Lufkin fans talking good about your team etc. but you just seem to try to run our team in the ground with any tidbit of information you can use such as Lane is gone, o-line did not look good in the scrimmage(by the way they did not look good last year when they scrimmaged Longview either) or our defense could not keep you all from scoring. Heck I would be mad too if my team lost so many games to you in the last 6 years but I would not pull a bunch of crap out of my butt to say about your team to make me feel better. Thank God most of Longview fans are not like you. Longview will have a good season this year and hopefully some of the fans I see on your board will quit dogging your coach and blaming him for losing to Lufkin last year. That is just plain sorry right there. I am going to paste my previous post on here in case you missed it. You have one warped theory about our offense.

Your not reading my posts LPfan. I give LP alot credit where credit is due. You have a 9 game win streak on us...I haven't said one word about that in about a month....nothing to say. I've said in all my posts how great the LP defense is going to be, even saying it will be the best in the state. I am just stating the obvious about your offense...it looked pretty bad. What is wrong with saying that.

I know what you mean about Lview fans dogging the coach...I always try my best to never dog the coaches or the players, no matter how frustrated I get. That is sorry.

c-lisle
08-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh by the way if we did not stop your run game last year then you should have beat us pretty handidly. No we might not have stopped your run game every time since we did get scored on but appearantly we stopped the run game just enough times to keep you from scoring the winning points. In the end that is all that matters. You can run up and down the field all day and gain 100's of yards but if you can't punch it in when it matters you still lose the game. Any questions? As much as you talk about how Lufkin is just average and Longview is unstoppable you would think they would have scored at least 2 to 3 times with their 1st team offense in just the few times they were on the field. Appearantly Lufkin must not be "just an average football team at best."

If you call a team having over 300 yds rushing on you "stopping the run game" well....that's crazy talk. LOL Let's be truthful here we fumbled that game away to y'all...I think that's been talked to death.

c-lisle
08-22-2005, 05:11 PM
You sure do make an unbelievable analysis off of a short scrimmage game where the starters played 1 quarter??? You are good!! LOL Claybon is an excellent runner by the way. He just did not have many chances saturday. Trust me he can run!!

Yes Lufkin has an easier schedule now but the last time i checked they won the old east texas district in 2001 and 2003. They finished second to Tyler Lee in 2002. Longview finished 3rd all of those years correct?? Looks like Longview should be the one happy about the easier schedule then Lufkin is?? Rclisle we simply disagree on some things and we are both big fans of our team. I am sure we would get along if we hung out. It is just football talk and i hope you do not take it personal because i dont??

On Lane being the main person in Lp's offense the last 2 years!! Yes of course he was. Many teams have a best player on offense that they go to more then others. AKA Vondrell!! You act like Lufkin had nobody else last year?? I guess the Longview playoff game would give you that assumption because Lufkin used Lane 10 times more in that game then they usually did. Hewitt was out so he did punt returns, He did kickoff returns for because of shankle fumbling, He actually threw the ball in that game and he had only did that once. I guess they just milked him for everything he was worth in a big game?? It worked so why not??

The Lufkin O will be fine in my opinion. They will definitely be able to pass and they will figure out away to be effective running the ball. They have 5 new starters on the O-line and that was their 1st game together. Not to mention they were going up against a very very good Longview defense. I expected them to struggle early. But i do not expect them to struggle come playoff time. They will be fine. Outlaw is very smart and he has plenty of talent to work with. Lufkin will go 10-0 this regular season and i feel very good about that!!

Of course I don't take it personal. I hope I never give that impression. I know we would get along. I enjoy the discussions or I wouldn't be on here all the time. Y'all are right I can't judge your team by a little scrimmage but I have simply been saying y'all need alot of imprivement on O, especially with the Oline and run game. Maybe Kibble will be better than I think...but he sure is small. I thought he was bigger than that for some reason. I said in manyu posts I hope y'all get it together and have a great season. I want to see the Lview/LP matchup in the playoffs every year.

pack0808
08-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Truthfully? They looked...bad. Their new QB, not gonna work. They have no O-Line to be honest lmao. Our D-Line will eat them up. Their new QB is really inconstant.

Their D was the strong part of their game obviously. Running game worked pretty good but if they're counting on that to beat us it definately wont work. Thats the only thing that worked in their offense.

Its going to be obvious how much better Longview is over Marshall this Friday. I stated earlier that I thought we would beat them 42-24 (before the scrimmage)...Thats an 18 point difference. Now Im saying we better beat them by 28. Thats how much of a difference it made. I know it was a scrimmage but Im just not sold on how they're gonna knock us off and win their District (wouldnt be surprised to see Hallsville knocked MHS out of the playoff hunt).

Wow!! is all i have to say to that?? :eek: Another expert that is going by a short scrimmage game. Tool comes to mind when i read that post?? LOL Again Lobofan, beat Lufkin in a real game and then you can talk crap but until then that is all that is coming out of your mouth. I would be embarrassed if it was the other way around but that is just me. By the way the Lobos secondary looked very suspect. Lufkin Wr's were open all day!! Yall will give up 400 yards a game passing. ;) I just thought i would do a little expert scrimmage analysis bs like some of you do. I mean move on!! I will if yall will. Lufkin does not fear you one bit and nothing has changed the fact that Lufkin owns that Lobo butt in a major way right now. :D

pack0808
08-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Of course I don't take it personal. I hope I never give that impression. I know we would get along. I enjoy the discussions or I wouldn't be on here all the time. Y'all are right I can't judge your team by a little scrimmage but I have simply been saying y'all need alot of imprivement on O, especially with the Oline and run game. Maybe Kibble will be better than I think...but he sure is small. I thought he was bigger than that for some reason. I said in manyu posts I hope y'all get it together and have a great season. I want to see the Lview/LP matchup in the playoffs every year.

Good i just wanted to make sure. It was hard to judge Kibble in that game because he hardly had a chance once he got the ball. I did think the Lufkin O-line blocked fairly well when passing though.

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Wow!! is all i have to say to that?? :eek: Another expert that is going by a short scrimmage game. Tool comes to mind when i read that post?? LOL Again Lobofan, beat Lufkin in a real game and then you can talk crap but until then that is all that is coming out of your mouth. I would be embarrassed if it was the other way around but that is just me. By the way the Lobos secondary looked very suspect. Lufkin Wr's were open all day!! Yall will give up 400 yards a game passing. ;) I just thought i would do a little expert scrimmage analysis bs like some of you do. I mean move on!! I will if yall will. Lufkin does not fear you one bit and nothing has changed the fact that Lufkin owns that Lobo butt in a major way right now. :D
I think LoboFan07 was commenting on the Marshall scrimmage not the Longview vs Lufkin scrimmage.

LoboFan07
08-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Bleedgreen asked me how Marshall looked in their scrimmage.

Didnt say a word about the Lufkin scrimmage.

Someone sure is jumpy today.

See...we got over it but you're so jumpy you're thinking when I quoted a statement asking how MARSHALL looked clearly quoted it you go nuts thinking I was talking about Lufkin. Hmmm...

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM

See...we got over it but you're so jumpy you're thinking when I quoted a statement asking how MARSHALL looked clearly quoted it you go nuts thinking I was talking about Lufkin. Hmmm...
Maybe we Panther fans and Lobo fans on this forum are going to have to take it to the field for some 7on7. What do you say? I think we talk more trash then the two high school teams do. I guess we are like two brothers who like to back each other up if an outsider is picking on them but we still pick on each other. We are all just crazy. :eek:

myround0
08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Looks to me like Lufkin fans took this hard...therapy, dang, it was just a scrimmage game...to hear you people defend the facts, which were Longview Played their starters far less than half the allotted plays...while Lufkin could not manage to score on the second string defense with their fisrt team offense, and to add insult to injury our second team offense scored on their defense, I don't know if it was on their first team or second team, but you people sound really worried about what you seen this weekend...it looks alot like someone was violated and now someone needs a shower...However it is great to play a class rival like you guys I see SLC is claiming huge gains after crushing Sam Houston wow, really who are they, and JT crushed Naaman Forest...Good Luck Lufkin, when next we meet it will be fo real..

LoboFan07
08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Definately. That'd be a fun one! :eek: :D

LoboFan07
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
JT crushed Naaman Forest

Shocker of the year, besides the Nacogdoches win over Palestine! ACK!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

pack0808
08-23-2005, 09:29 AM

LOL oops, I sincerely apologize my Lobo friend!! :o :o

pack0808
08-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Looks to me like Lufkin fans took this hard...therapy, dang, it was just a scrimmage game...to hear you people defend the facts, which were Longview Played their starters far less than half the allotted plays...while Lufkin could not manage to score on the second string defense with their fisrt team offense, and to add insult to injury our second team offense scored on their defense, I don't know if it was on their first team or second team, but you people sound really worried about what you seen this weekend...it looks alot like someone was violated and now someone needs a shower...However it is great to play a class rival like you guys I see SLC is claiming huge gains after crushing Sam Houston wow, really who are they, and JT crushed Naaman Forest...Good Luck Lufkin, when next we meet it will be fo real..

The only thing that stopped Lufkin's 1st string from scoring on Longview's 2nd string defense in that one series was a dropped pass in the endzone. Ok that is enough!! I refuse to debate a scrimmage game any further. LOL What a waste of time!! Onto the real season!! Oh, Lufkin still has to play one more meaningless game dang!! I can absolutely guarantee one thing though!! I am not going. Never ever again will i travel for a scrimmage game. :eek:

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey Pack0808-You probably already know about this...but I thought it was hilarious.
Maybe Lufkin should do this too...ahahahahaha

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?

pack0808
08-23-2005, 09:59 AM
The site comes up but no article??

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 10:02 AM
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050821/SPORTS05/508210354/1003/SPORTS

sorry...here it is.

pack0808
08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah i have known about it since Hayden started it!! They paint all of the visiting locker room's pink not just the football one. i have actually seen it in the basketball locker room when i went to a basketball camp when i went to camp their at 11 and 12. It is hideous but funny!! Remember, I met BJ Armstrong, Roy Marble, Kevin Gamble, and Brad Lohaus was my coach one year. It was pretty fun.

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Is that the camp where Moe made like 3 million threes in a row...without the ball ever touching the rim at all?

pack0808
08-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Yes and your memory scares me!!

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 11:36 AM
And the same one where you did dribbliing drills with BJ Armstrong and when you came back you were like one of the freakin' Harlem Globetrotters?
That was around the same time you were jumping rope all the time...and listening to these cassettes with subleminal messages in them...that would help you jump higher....or something like that.
Yes my memory is scary...I'm like a jedi knight or something.

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 11:48 AM
And the same one where you did dribbliing drills with BJ Armstrong and when you came back you were like one of the freakin' Harlem Globetrotters?
That was around the same time you were jumping rope all the time...and listening to these cassettes with subleminal messages in them...that would help you jump higher....or something like that.
Yes my memory is scary...I'm like a jedi knight or something.
Are you talking about the Queen tape with the song Another One Bites The Dust? :D

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 11:55 AM
No...hahahahaha
They were actual tapes that had...or I guess they had subleminal messages within them. I don't know if they worked or not...you'll have to ask Pack0808.

Not Queen...that was funny.
I used to get pumped up by listening to "Eye of the tiger" hahahaa
I would listen to it before games...I was one bad motor scooter I tell 'ya.

pack0808
08-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes i am even more scared of you now wide. How do you remember that stuff when i can hardly remember even when it is about me?? Yeah i learned some cool b-ball ball handling drills from that camp and i had to show them off. LOL Yes i had the tapes!! Yes i had those shoes to make you jump higher. LOL The only thing i ever dunked was a tennis ball though. haha I could shoot and dribble though and i was pretty quick. I led the Lufkin youth basketball league in scoring 2 straight years so it worked a little!! LOL Remember when my dad made me go to a psych when i was in a mini hitting slump in baseball when i was only like 10?? He was a sport's nut back then and now he is embarrassed of it and he is always urging me to not be like that with my boys. Whatever, me and my oldest already practice 4 times a week in baseball and i am starting football next week. LOL He loves it though and i would not force him.

Ok we got waaaaay off topic!! LOL I will pc you with the memories. ;) This scrimmage thread was dead anyways.

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
No...hahahahaha
They were actual tapes that had...or I guess they had subleminal messages within them. I don't know if they worked or not...you'll have to ask Pack0808.

Not Queen...that was funny.
I used to get pumped up by listening to "Eye of the tiger" hahahaa
I would listen to it before games...I was one bad motor scooter I tell 'ya.
I knew what you were talking about. I was just seeing if anyone would catch what I meant by mentioning Queen. Remember there were several bands back then that supposedly had subliminal messages on their records and tapes. Queen was the first one that came to my mind so that is why I mentioned it. Did you ever play Another One Bites The Dust backwards?

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I did...and it said Freddy Mercury is gay. hahahaha
I never did the Iron Maiden one though..what did it say?

pack0808
08-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Didn't Judas Priest have to go to court because one of those supposed subliminal tapes?? Some kid killed himself?? He was found innocent!!

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 12:15 PM
I did...and it said Freddy Mercury is gay. hahahaha
I never did the Iron Maiden one though..what did it say?
Ok now that was funny. Dude had some TEETH !:D Don't remember what Iron Maiden's song said if you played it backwards. My memory is like P0808's. Probably worse.

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 12:19 PM
The one's I remember where Iron Maiden (don't know which one)
Motley Crue's "shout at the devil" and of course "blizzard of Oz"
I never could make anything out of it....sounded like a song being played backwards to me. God we were stupid back then...Stupid and really bored.
Rumors were everywhere in the '80's. Rod Stewart? remember that one...who makes up this crap?

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
The one's I remember where Iron Maiden (don't know which one)
Motley Crue's "shout at the devil" and of course "blizzard of Oz"
I never could make anything out of it....sounded like a song being played backwards to me. God we were stupid back then...Stupid and really bored.
Rumors were everywhere in the '80's. Rod Stewart? remember that one...who makes up this crap?

Look at all these rumors-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these rumors I can't take it no more-my best friend say did you
hear the one about me and the girl next door?-

(verse)

How do rumors get started?-they're started by the jealous people and- they
get mad about somthin'they had, and sombody else is holdin'- They tell
me
that temptation is very hard to resist- these wicked women , oohh they
just
persist- maybe you think it's cute , but girl I'm not impressed-I tell
you

one time only with my business please don't mess--

(chorus)

Did you hear the one about susan?-some say she's much too loose- that
came
straight from a guy who claims he's tastin' her juice- Did you hear the
one
about Michael? - Some say he must be gay- I tried to argue but they said
if
he were straight he would'nt move that way- Did you hear the one about
Tina? - some say she's just a tease- in a camosal she's six feet tall
she'll knock you to you knees..

(chorus)

I can't go no place without somebody pointin' a finger- I can't show my
face cuz when it comes to rumors I'm a dead ringer- I'll think I'll
write
my congressman and tell him to pass a bill- the next time they catch
somebody started rumors-shoot to kill!--

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah but do you remember the remix entitled "Roaches"
Awww man that was a funny spoof.

Look at all these roaches ...surrounding me every day
Just need some Raid...to make them go away.

hahahahahaha...that took me back bro.

dada
08-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Look at all these rumors-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these rumors I can't take it no more-my best friend say did you
hear the one about me and the girl next door?-

(verse)

How do rumors get started?-they're started by the jealous people and- they
get mad about somthin'they had, and sombody else is holdin'- They tell
me
that temptation is very hard to resist- these wicked women , oohh they
just
persist- maybe you think it's cute , but girl I'm not impressed-I tell
you

one time only with my business please don't mess--

(chorus)

Did you hear the one about susan?-some say she's much too loose- that
came
straight from a guy who claims he's tastin' her juice- Did you hear the
one
about Michael? - Some say he must be gay- I tried to argue but they said
if
he were straight he would'nt move that way- Did you hear the one about
Tina? - some say she's just a tease- in a camosal she's six feet tall
she'll knock you to you knees..

(chorus)

I can't go no place without somebody pointin' a finger- I can't show my
face cuz when it comes to rumors I'm a dead ringer- I'll think I'll
write
my congressman and tell him to pass a bill- the next time they catch
somebody started rumors-shoot to kill!--

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's all fine and dandy, but do you remember the parody done by Bobby Jimmy....Look at all the Roaches..."I took some raid and I sprayed...they drunk it like orange juice"

dada
08-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah but do you remember the remix entitled "Roaches"
Awww man that was a funny spoof.

Look at all these roaches ...surrounding me every day
Just need some Raid...to make them go away.

hahahahahaha...that took me back bro.
MAN WIDE YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

We think a like...that's scary

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Bobby Jimmy and the critters right?
Thinking like me is scary...stop doing that.

dada
08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Bobby Jimmy and the critters right?
Thinking like me is scary...stop doing that.
Yep...Bobby Jimmy and the critters

A big butt..a big butt...My butts real big, I dont care...I ride the bus they charge me double fare..I gotta big butt.....

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I couldn't help myself after you used the word Rumors. It just popped up in my head and brought back memories so I went to a lyric site and copied and pasted. I figured you would get it. Alot of us were the same back then here in Lufkin. Man my memory stinks. I vaguely remember Roaches.

dada
08-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I couldn't help myself after you used the word Rumors. It just popped up in my head and brought back memories so I went to a lyric site and copied and pasted. I figured you would get it. Alot of us were the same back then here in Lufkin. Man my memory stinks. I vaguely remember Roaches.
The KT boys are gonna ban us for sure for all of this thread hijacking...I'm gonna throw something out...and if you guys know what I'm talking about....we're getting too old

JYD or Stagger Lee?

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Yep...Bobby Jimmy and the critters

A big butt..a big butt...My butts real big, I dont care...I ride the bus they charge me double fare..I gotta big butt.....
Dang.......were pulling stuff out of the closet huh. That was our version of the Back That Thing Up type music back then. Well more like Luke Skywalker. :eek:

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 12:52 PM
The KT boys are gonna ban us for sure for all of this thread hijacking...I'm gonna throw something out...and if you guys know what I'm talking about....we're getting too old

JYD or Stagger Lee?
My memory is bad so give me clue to a song. :confused:

dada
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
My memory is bad so give me clue to a song. :confused:
Not a song...it was gimmick used be a wrestler.

dada
08-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Dang.......were pulling stuff out of the closet huh. That was our version of the Back That Thing Up type music back then. Well more like Luke Skywalker. :eek:
My mom came home early and caught me and my freinds listening to Luke and the Too Live Crew...and I got a beating.

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Not a song...it was gimmick used be a wrestler.
Oh sorry, I was not much into wrestling.

LP_FAN_in_Plano
08-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Junk Yard Dog and Stagger Lee, were they the same person? :confused:

dada
08-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Junk Yard Dog and Stagger Lee, were they the same person? :confused:
You're kidding right?..lol...

LP_FAN_in_Plano
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
You're kidding right?..lol...
Yes I am kidding just a slight attempt at humor :rolleyes:

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 01:00 PM
My mom came home early and caught me and my freinds listening to Luke and the Too Live Crew...and I got a beating.
Now that is funny. Probably was not for you at the time but looking back I am sure it is funny to you now. What is sad is the other day my 12yr old son and I went to Jack in the Box and when we pulled up there was this goofy dude who looked like he was about 27 working the window. He was trying to flirt with a female employee and then he proceeded to say "we call it amtrack but some call it the train." You would have had to seen and heard him but he looked and sounded stupid. My son didn't know what he was talking about and I just told him that the guy was being nasty. Man I am getting old.

dada
08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes I am kidding just a slight attempt at humor :rolleyes:
LOL Ok just checking......it's bad enough they insulted our intelligence back then...Junkyard Dog would fight...the afterwards...stagger lee would come out all sweaty with a mask on wearing the same "Thump" tights...lol :D

dada
08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Now that is funny. Probably was not for you at the time but looking back I am sure it is funny to you now. What is sad is the other day my 12yr old son and I went to Jack in the Box and when we pulled up there was this goofy dude who looked like he was about 27 working the window. He was trying to flirt with a female employee and then he proceeded to say "we call it amtrack but some call it the train." You would have had to seen and heard him but he looked and sounded stupid. My son didn't know what he was talking about and I just told him that the guy was being nasty. Man I am getting old.
LOL.....yeah it's funny now.....Girl dont hide it, just divide it...ok...enough.....lol

LP_FAN_in_Plano
08-23-2005, 01:04 PM
LOL Ok just checking......it's bad enough they insulted our intelligence back then...Junkyard Dog would fight...the afterwards...stagger lee would come out all sweaty with a mask on wearing the same "Thump" tights...lol :D
yeah houston Intercontinential Wrestling and Paul Bosch were not quite as polished and slick as Vinve McMan and the WWF. :D

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 01:06 PM
LOL.....yeah it's funny now.....Girl dont hide it, just divide it...ok...enough.....lol
Me so ........HUNGRY!

dada
08-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Me so ........HUNGRY!
LOL.....the good old days.

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Couldn't say the real words so I spoofed it. Those were some crazy songs and some crazy times. Those kinds of songs pale in comparison to what is out there now.

dada
08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Couldn't say the real words so I spoofed it. Those were some crazy songs and some crazy times. Those kinds of songs pale in comparison to what is out there now.
Yep...even the movies....funny think is...somebody actually did a Me so Hungry spoof...and for some strange reason I thing it was Arsenio Hall...didnt he have like a alter ego album....Chunky A or something...back when he was dating Paula Abdul?

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Yep...even the movies....funny think is...somebody actually did a Me so Hungry spoof...and for some strange reason I thing it was Arsenio Hall...didnt he have like a alter ego album....Chunky A or something...back when he was dating Paula Abdul?
Yeah I am sure it was Arsenio with his long fingered self.

Word Up

dada
08-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah I am sure it was Arsenio with his long fingered self.

Word Up
lol...Maybe we shoud take this to the off topic thread...you're taking me back. Wanda(Jamie Foxx) Fo real doh!

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 01:34 PM
lol...Maybe we shoud take this to the off topic thread...you're taking me back. Wanda(Jamie Foxx) Fo real doh!
But see that would take the fun out of it. You have to do it like you did back in the day. Back then you would say what you wanted where you wanted and when you wanted. LOL So I am staying in this hijacked thread untill I get booted. Which probably won't be long. No man I am just kidding. What Widey started just took me back to some crazy times and I just got on a roll. Not Buttermilk Biscuits. But a roll. Ok I think I got it out of my system now.

dada
08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
But see that would take the fun out of it. You have to do it like you did back in the day. Back then you would say what you wanted where you wanted and when you wanted. LOL So I am staying in this hijacked thread untill I get booted. Which probably won't be long. No man I am just kidding. What Widey started just took me back to some crazy times and I just got on a roll. Not Buttermilk Biscuits. But a roll. Ok I think I got it out of my system now.
Which Buttermilk Buiscuits?? didnt Kid Rock have a high top fade have a rap album Buttermilk Buiscuits...before his rock days?

dada
08-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Which Buttermilk Buiscuits?? didnt Kid Rock have a high top fade have a rap album Buttermilk Buiscuits...before his rock days?
Sorry..Buttermilk buiscuts was Sir Mix a lot..kid rock was Grits sandwiches for breakfast

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000004X3/ref=pd_sim_music_3/103-7480444-9183019?v=glance&s=music

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Obscure rap acts from the 1980's and early 90's-

The Gucci Crew
Gigolo Tony
The Skinny Boys
Young and the Restless
Candyman
who else?

dada
08-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Obscure rap acts from the 1980's and early 90's-

The Gucci Crew
Gigolo Tony
The Skinny Boys
Young and the Restless
Candyman
who else?
JJ fad
Poison Clan
and whoever sung "B stands for.....Bronco,Benz,BMW,base......"
Oh...and L'trimm....we like the cars...the cars that go boom

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I think "B stands for" was the Young and the Restless...not positive.
JJ Fad is in full effect and we're to let you know that we're comin' correct...
sssssssssssssssssssssshhh....Supersonic....hummalu mmanumma dooma hummanlummanommma ceema....yeah yeah...that was..that's it.

Kid Frost-La Raza
Nemisis
Rodney O and Joe Coolie (came to Lufkin once in '88...somebody was shot at the concert...imagine that)Everlasting Bass....
Ron C

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 01:58 PM
JJ fad
Poison Clan
and whoever sung "B stands for.....Bronco,Benz,BMW,base......"
Oh...and L'trimm....we like the cars...the cars that go boom

Doug E Fresh - Six minutes, six minutes, six minutes Doug E Fresh ya'll
Whodini
The Fat Boys
Heavy D
Roxanne Roxanne

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:01 PM
sssssssssssssssssssssshhh....Supersonic....hummalu mmanumma dooma hummanlummanommma ceema....yeah yeah...that was..that's it.

Kid Frost-La Raza
Nemisis
Rodney O and Joe Coolie (came to Lufkin once in '88...somebody was shot at the concert...imagine that)Everlasting Bass....
Ron C

Man that hamalama mess you tried typing was too funny. :D What the heck were they saying in that song? :confused: :eek:

How about some Too $hort with his nasty self.

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Stetsasonic
Kool G Rap and DJ Polo
Arabian Prince ( was originally a member of NWA but was kicked out)
Kid Sensation (drank beer with him and Miharazi at Jitterbugs in Nac. after the concert...there was approx. 6 people there for that)
Slick Rick's Teenage Love....Oh my goodness....can't elaborate...wish I could.
who else?

dada
08-23-2005, 02:02 PM

Kid Frost-La Raza
Nemisis
Ron C
Some one was shot at a Rodney O and Joe Coolie concert?? What the??.lol
Full force
tha Skinny boys
Rob Base
Dj magic Mike
Mc shan
UTFO
HWA
oaktown 357

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Man that hamalama mess you tried typing was too funny. :D What the heck were they saying in that song? :confused: :eek:

How about some Too $hort with his nasty self.

I have no idea what they were trying to say...

I love Too Short...used to blast him all the time. I remember sitting in the parking lot of Cotton Eyed Joe's with Faraon jamming "freaky tales" hahahaha
now those were the days.

dada
08-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Stetsasonic
Kool G Rap and DJ Polo
Arabian Prince ( was originally a member of NWA but was kicked out)
Kid Sensation (drank beer with him and Miharazi at Jitterbugs in Nac. after the concert...there was approx. 6 people there for that)
Slick Rick's Teenage Love....Oh my goodness....can't elaborate...wish I could.
who else?
Kid sensation of Sir mix alot fame....was Miharazi on the left side dancing like a freak and when all the girls saw his booty their knees got weak?
Dont....dont hurt me again...

dada
08-23-2005, 02:06 PM

I love Too Short...used to blast him all the time. I remember sitting in the parking lot of Cotton Eyed Joe's with Faraon jamming "freaky tales" hahahaha
now those were the days.
Freaky Tales in my ringtone on my cell......

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Some one was shot at a Rodney O and Joe Coolie concert?? What the??.lol
Full force
tha Skinny boys
Rob Base
Dj magic Mike
Mc shan
UTFO
HWA
oaktown 357

Oaktown 357 were Hammer's dancers..hahaha
Michele' aka squeeky voice
Oh man...If I had access to my old boxes full of cassettes 'yall would be rolling on the floor laughing. I am just drawing a blank.

What was the group of midgets that Bushwick brought out?

Another Bad Creation (Boys II Men,ABC,BBD)

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Ok here is something for ya. Back in the day they would have like a break dancing night out at the Civic Center when I was like in 7th or 8th grade. Yeah and me with my bad self had to go with my tennis shoes with thick bright green laces, pullover parachute hoodie and baggy jeans and try to spin on my head and pop lock. Hey I could do the worm pretty dang good. Still can! :eek:

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Kid sensation of Sir mix alot fame....was Miharazi on the left side dancing like a freak and when all the girls saw his booty their knees got weak?
Dont....dont hurt me again...

Nope Maharazi was fat and really drunk..hahaha
Stop with the Teenage Love...I want to tell that story but I can't..I'll get banned for sure.

dada
08-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Oaktown 357 were Hammer's dancers..hahaha
Michele' aka squeeky voice
Oh man...If I had access to my old boxes full of cassettes 'yall would be rolling on the floor laughing. I am just drawing a blank.

What was the group of midgets that Bushwick brought out?

Another Bad Creation (Boys II Men,ABC,BBD)
And all you younguns thought Snoop started the izzle, dizzle. It was ABC. It's the Mizark, chillin in the pizark...I gotta break cause my mom said be home by Dizark...at the playground...ya know!
Michele was married to Dre at one time
I LIVE IN HOUSTON and cant think of Bushwicks group...MAN!..it's on the tip of my tounge.

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Ok here is something for ya. Back in the day they would have like a break dancing night out at the Civic Center when I was like in 7th or 8th grade. Yeah and me with my bad self had to go with my tennis shoes with thick bright green laces, pullover parachute hoodie and baggy jeans and try to spin on my head and pop lock. Hey I could do the worm pretty dang good. Still can! :eek:

I would pay to see you bust out with the worm dude...hahahaha
Were your sneakers Stan Smith's?...or Pumas?
I had Pumas for a while...then I switched over to the doo-doo brown British Knights...coincedentally doo-doo brown was another Luke Skywalker song.

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM

now those were the days.
You hung out with Polo. Dang don't even get me started about Joe's. Those were some good times too. One dude tried to run me over in the parking lot one night.

dada
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Did you carry your own cardboard box? did you live through the rumors that alfonso rubio?(Carlton Banks) broke his neck doing the head spin?

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:13 PM
And all you younguns thought Snoop started the izzle, dizzle. It was ABC. It's the Mizark, chillin in the pizark...I gotta break cause my mom said be home by Dizark...at the playground...ya know!
I LIVE IN HOUSTON and cant think of Bushwicks group...MAN!..it's on the tip of my tounge.

But even before that...the song "Double Dutch Bus" had the izzles...
Da-zouble Da-zutch...a izza cizza sizza...Da-zouble Da-zutch.

Just thought of one...."Jam on it"
Dog if I heard that one right freakin' now...I swear I would jump up and break dance.
and my kids would be like "what the hell is he doing?"

dada
08-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Nope Maharazi was fat and really drunk..hahaha
Stop with the Teenage Love...I want to tell that story but I can't..I'll get banned for sure.
Where was Larry? Was he really "Funny"
Come on wide...give us the Teenage love or I'll sing the hook....do you knoooow where youre going too...do you like to see the things I could shoooww yoooouu.

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Did you carry your own cardboard box? did you live through the rumors that alfonso rubio?(Carlton Banks) broke his neck doing the head spin?
No box needed. That floor was slick. I remember the rumors. But hey we don't want to get started on rumors again do we. That is how this thread took off and went a totally 80s direction.

dada
08-23-2005, 02:15 PM
But even before that...the song "Double Dutch Bus" had the izzles...
Da-zouble Da-zutch...a izza cizza sizza...Da-zouble Da-zutch.

Just thought of one...."Jam on it"
Dog if I heard that one right freakin' now...I swear I would jump up and break dance.
and my kids would be like "what the hell is he doing?"
You are the man...I stand corrected....Double Dutch Bus it was...

The Jam on crew sung that right?? Jam on it!

wide-e-wide
Can't do it bro...let's just say I was under the influence...and it wasn't beer.
But boy the story gets much better than that....

dragons08
No box needed. That floor was slick. I remember the rumors. But hey we don't want to get started on rumors again do we. That is how this thread took off and went a totally 80s direction.
a theme, you guys cant say im to young to talk about, i was born in the 80's :D

dada
08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
We had a crew...everyone had their specialty...I sucked at breakin...but I was a master at the 'Centipide" and the 'Worm'

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:17 PM
You are the man...I stand corrected....Double Dutch Bus it was...

The Jam on crew sung that right?? Jam on it!

The name of the group was Newcleus...

and yet another comes to me...
Rock Rock the planet Rock...don't stop...

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:18 PM
a theme, you guys cant say im to young to talk about, i was born in the 80's :D

Oh yeah...well I got lucky in the '80's

dada
08-23-2005, 02:18 PM
The name of the group was Newcleus...

and yet another comes to me...
Rock Rock the planet Rock...don't stop...
Was that Africa Bambatta?

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:19 PM
You hung out with Polo. Dang don't even get me started about Joe's. Those were some good times too. One dude tried to run me over in the parking lot one night.

Sure hope that wasn't me that almost ran over you.
Remember the bouncer with all the dollar bills in his hat?
Me and Polo were tight for a while. And R. Garcia...

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Are you talking about the Ghetto Boys?

dada
08-23-2005, 02:21 PM
How can we forget the Geto Boys...they are legends here.....I'm actually good freinds with Face.

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Sure hope that wasn't me that almost ran over you.
Remember the bouncer with all the dollar bills in his hat?
Me and Polo were tight for a while. And R. Garcia...
Yeah dude with the bills in his hat shot himself there in the club while I was away in the Army. No that wasn't you. It was a dude nicknamed Bucket. I was 15 and he was 20 something. We got into a fight and he decided to try to run over me.

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:26 PM

Bushwick had his own group that he brought out...
Nothin' But Trouble maybe...?

So dada you know Brad for real?

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:29 PM
LL Cool J's Going Back to Cali, Mama Said Knock You Out, and I'm Bad and.......................I Need Love! At least I think that was the name of his love song.

wide-e-wide
Yeah dude with the bills in his hat shot himself there in the club while I was away in the Army. No that wasn't you. It was a dude nicknamed Bucket. I was 15 and he was 20 something. We got into a fight and he decided to try to run over me.

Really? I heard he was killed...I didn't know it was suicide...
Did you ever go to Dude's back in the day?...for some reason I remember very little about that place...wonder why?

dada
[QUOTE=wide-e-wide]Bushwick had his own group that he brought out...
(QUOTE](Disclaimer...I say we go to the off topic thread)
Yeah....Brad...his brother Warren Lee....Courtney(C-note of the Botnay Boys) My Cousin was actually on Rap-a-lot back in the day. O.G. Style..(I know how to play 'em, I know how to catch em slippin) The Face Mob...Devin the dude..Will lean..

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Really? I heard he was killed...I didn't know it was suicide...
Did you ever go to Dude's back in the day?...for some reason I remember very little about that place...wonder why?

Yeah spent alot of time at Dude's teen night. That is where Bucket decided to come up to me with his hand out......we cool?

dada
08-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Bushwick had his own group that he brought out...

So dada you know Brad for real?
I remeber Nothing but trouble....the Odd Squad..5th ward Juvinilles

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:33 PM
LL Cool J's Going Back to Cali, Mama Said Knock You Out, and I'm Bad

That one is loaded with lyrics-
"So forget Oreos eat Cool J cookies IM BAD!!"
"I'm the pinnacle...that means I reign supreme and I'm notorious I'll crush you like a jellybean....IM BAD"
"I gotta gold name plate that says I WISH YOU WOULD..."

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
I'll start the thread in the off-topic board...
Ol Skool Rap

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Big Daddy Kane
Dana Dane
Ice-T
Tone-Loc
Young MC

dada
08-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll start the thread in the off-topic board...
Ol Skool Rap
Cool...i dont want to get on anyones bad side....

dada
08-23-2005, 02:38 PM
"I'm the pinnacle...that means I reign supreme and I'm notorious I'll crush you like a jellybean....IM BAD"
I'll take a muscle bound man and put his face in the sand

they call me JAWS my hide is like a sharks fin

What was they guys named that just stood there looking mean holding the radio? Earl? E love?

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Dude's had a lip syncing compitition and Marvin told me he was going to lip sink I'm Bad and spit some jelly beans out of his mouth and crush them with his foot. I don't know if he ever did it. Crazy huh. :eek:

LPFAN
08-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Ok this thread is no longer hijacked. We have moved on to the off topic threads. Sorry for the inconvienience.

bleedgreen
08-24-2005, 01:04 AM
OK, OK, OK----i win the award for the longest thread.........i think i'll put that on my "scrimmage" T-shirt, as well-LOL.....how did i know that this thread would turn-out like this?--LOL...of course, i didn't expect the "80's rap review" but i like it!! makes those old suppressed memories come back.................

pack0808
08-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I did not even realize that wr's ej shankle and raphael thomas did not play in the scrimmage game. Lufkin was missing 2 wr's of their 4 headed monster. As long as they are ready to go by sept 2nd i will be happy.

LPFAN
08-24-2005, 11:10 AM
I did not even realize that wr's ej shankle and raphael thomas did not play in the scrimmage game. Lufkin was missing 2 wr's of their 4 headed monster. As long as they are ready to go by sept 2nd i will be happy.
Any idea as to why they did not play?

LPFAN
08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Any idea as to why they did not play?
I know now. Read it on the Lufkin site.

pack0808
08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Here you go Lp fan Ej had a minor injury and Raphael was sick

You have to love the quote by outlaw saying he would rather be good in December then on aug 20th in a scrimmage. ;)

Panthers focused on improvement

By JOSH HAVARD

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It wasn't hard to see that the Lufkin Panthers weren't at their best during Saturday's scrimmage in Longview. While Lufkin Head Coach John Outlaw made it clear that the team wasn't playing for the win, the Panthers still had several mistakes they will need to eliminate in order to be among the state's elite teams.

But for now, Lufkin is just focused on getting ready for the season opener and building up momentum throughout the season, just as it did last year.

"We know that we have a lot of room for improvement," Outlaw said. "We can correct the mistakes that we were making during the scrimmage.

"My goal isn't for us to be a good football team on Aug. 20 in a scrimmage in Longview. I would much rather be a good football team in December."

On Monday, the Panthers started their third week of practices. Lufkin will scrimmage Humble on the road Saturday afternoon. Following that scrimmage, Lufkin will have another week of practice before facing Aldine Eisenhower in the season opener Sept. 2.

Lufkin's main focus has been on the offensive side, where the Panthers have eight new starters this season.

The Panthers didn't score a touchdown against Longview, and their only score came on a 50-yard field goal by Jaime Fernandez. However, Outlaw wasn't surprised by that performance.

"I knew going in to the scrimmage that we were going to have eight new starters on offense, so I wasn't expecting too much," Outlaw said. "If a few plays would have went our way, then we'd probably come out of there feeling a lot better about ourselves. But these kids have a ton of pride, and we have the chance to get a lot better in the next three to four weeks."

The plays Outlaw was referring to were a Dez Bryant touchdown catch that was ruled incomplete and a long run that was called back for a penalty.

What Lufkin did see is that it has some big-play potential due in large part to a receiving corps that is led by Bryant, Ralph Thomas and E.J. Shankle. Shankle missed Saturday's scrimmage with an infected arm, and an illness prevented Thomas from playing.

When that group is healthy, Lufkin should be a much more explosive team than the one that was seen in Longview.

Meanwhile, the defense was solid, although Outlaw was disappointed with the team's tackling.

"We really didn't tackle well at all in the scrimmage," Outlaw said. "But Coach (Todd) Quick does a great job with those guys, and I have no doubt that we'll be seeing a better effort than what we had on Saturday."

Lufkin's scrimmage in Humble Saturday is set for 1 p.m.

pack0808
08-24-2005, 11:39 AM
well too late i posted it anyways. LOL

LPFAN
08-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Here you go Lp fan Ej had a minor injury and Raphael was sick

You have to love the quote by outlaw saying he would rather be good in December then on aug 20th in a scrimmage. ;)

Panthers focused on improvement

By JOSH HAVARD

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It wasn't hard to see that the Lufkin Panthers weren't at their best during Saturday's scrimmage in Longview. While Lufkin Head Coach John Outlaw made it clear that the team wasn't playing for the win, the Panthers still had several mistakes they will need to eliminate in order to be among the state's elite teams.

But for now, Lufkin is just focused on getting ready for the season opener and building up momentum throughout the season, just as it did last year.

"We know that we have a lot of room for improvement," Outlaw said. "We can correct the mistakes that we were making during the scrimmage.

"My goal isn't for us to be a good football team on Aug. 20 in a scrimmage in Longview. I would much rather be a good football team in December."

On Monday, the Panthers started their third week of practices. Lufkin will scrimmage Humble on the road Saturday afternoon. Following that scrimmage, Lufkin will have another week of practice before facing Aldine Eisenhower in the season opener Sept. 2.

Lufkin's main focus has been on the offensive side, where the Panthers have eight new starters this season.

The Panthers didn't score a touchdown against Longview, and their only score came on a 50-yard field goal by Jaime Fernandez. However, Outlaw wasn't surprised by that performance.

"I knew going in to the scrimmage that we were going to have eight new starters on offense, so I wasn't expecting too much," Outlaw said. "If a few plays would have went our way, then we'd probably come out of there feeling a lot better about ourselves. But these kids have a ton of pride, and we have the chance to get a lot better in the next three to four weeks."

The plays Outlaw was referring to were a Dez Bryant touchdown catch that was ruled incomplete and a long run that was called back for a penalty.

What Lufkin did see is that it has some big-play potential due in large part to a receiving corps that is led by Bryant, Ralph Thomas and E.J. Shankle. Shankle missed Saturday's scrimmage with an infected arm, and an illness prevented Thomas from playing.

When that group is healthy, Lufkin should be a much more explosive team than the one that was seen in Longview.

Meanwhile, the defense was solid, although Outlaw was disappointed with the team's tackling.

"We really didn't tackle well at all in the scrimmage," Outlaw said. "But Coach (Todd) Quick does a great job with those guys, and I have no doubt that we'll be seeing a better effort than what we had on Saturday."

Lufkin's scrimmage in Humble Saturday is set for 1 p.m.
That is the way it has been for the last 5 or so years. Some people do not understand that. We get (beat) in some scrimmage games and all of the sudden we are no good and average at best. Funny how most seasons in recent years we manage to go farther in the playoffs then most. I remember Humble making alot of noise last year after they(won) the scrimmage. How far did they get? :eek: The Panthers didn't impress me at that scrimmage either but they sure were impressive when it counted. Outlaw knows what he is doing.

pack0808
08-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah and Humble actually lost the scrimmage game when the 1st string players were playing. They acted like they won the superbowl when their 2nd and 3rd strings beat Lufkin's 2nd and 3rd strings to win the scrimmage. LOL That was truely sad!! I hope Outlaw rest most of the starters this week playing only the ones that are inexperienced. In other words the offense. Rest the 1st string d and let the 1st string offense play a quarter to get their timing down better. Why risk injuries on experienced players??

bleedgreen
08-24-2005, 07:56 PM
LOL---you guys crack me up.....Lufkin fans and the Lufkin paper make just as many excuses for their "poor" performance against Longview, as some Longview fans(not me) brag about winning a meaningless scrimmage?? pot calling the kettle black, maybe????--LOL....seriously though, Outlaw is a great coach and will have you guys ready for the "real" portion of the season....i thought i saw EJ out there?? i saw a #32, but i just remembered that you guys were playing in your practice jerseys......i was wondering where the hell he was the whole scrimmage?? pack0808---you hurt my feelings brother....you didn't find old Bleedgreen at the game....we could have roasted together--LOL........good luck to the pack this season...........

pack0808
08-24-2005, 10:47 PM
I do not even think there should be any reason for excuses when talking about a 1half of a meaningless scrimmage game in august. Who really cares if you think about it?? Hey Bleed, The lp scrimmage game excuses cannot compare to the ones we have heard for about 1 year after the playoff game last year. If i have to hear about the fumbles and the infamous broken hand one more time i might hurl?? ;) Yeah Bleed i should have found you!! I was too hot to think correctly though. It does not take much to throw me off. LOL I saw a 32 also so either he wears a different number when using his practice jersey or he changed numbers. I saw that several panthers changed numbers including aj penson. He is using the Lane train's old # 7 instead of 92. Shankle might of grabbed more of a receiver's # this year since he will be doing a lot more receiving then rushing. I guess that depends on how Kibble does though??

c-lisle
08-24-2005, 11:11 PM
LOL---you guys crack me up.....Lufkin fans and the Lufkin paper make just as many excuses for their "poor" performance against Longview, as some Longview fans(not me) brag about winning a meaningless scrimmage?? pot calling the kettle black, maybe????--LOL....seriously though, Outlaw is a great coach and will have you guys ready for the "real" portion of the season....i thought i saw EJ out there?? i saw a #32, but i just remembered that you guys were playing in your practice jerseys......i was wondering where the hell he was the whole scrimmage?? pack0808---you hurt my feelings brother....you didn't find old Bleedgreen at the game....we could have roasted together--LOL........good luck to the pack this season...........

Right Bleed...If it's not that big a deal then why does LP defend it so much. LOL I mean Lview isn't bragging about it or anything. I think it upsets them more than they let on. I'm just glad Lview looked so good out there. Hope LP gets it together on O so we can beat them in November. LOL

c-lisle
08-24-2005, 11:12 PM
I do not even think there should be any reason for excuses when talking about a 1half of a meaningless scrimmage game in august. Who really cares if you think about it?? Hey Bleed, The lp scrimmage game excuses cannot compare to the ones we have heard for about 1 year after the playoff game last year. If i have to hear about the fumbles and the infamous broken hand one more time i might hurl?? ;) Yeah Bleed i should have found you!! I was too hot to think correctly though. It does not take much to throw me off. LOL I saw a 32 also so either he wears a different number when using his practice jersey or he changed numbers. I saw that several panthers changed numbers including aj penson. He is using the Lane train's old # 7 instead of 92. Shankle might of grabbed more of a receiver's # this year since he will be doing a lot more receiving then rushing. I guess that depends on how Kibble does though??

I thought you were done with this subject pack. LOL

pack0808
08-24-2005, 11:53 PM
I guess i am not allowed to respond?? Believe me when i tell you that this scrimmage game does not bother us Lufkin fans in one bit. I am sick of talking about it actually!! I was just telling one of my Lufkin friends that i did not even realize Shankle and Thomas did not play Saturday. Then it started again!! LOL Lufkin has not won a preseason game since 2000 or before and i have never heard of any panther fan thinking the season was in jeopardy because of it. It used to not even be discussed. In fact, Last years scrimmage game started this weird mess?? I do not expect Lufkin to win next week either in their scrimmage game vs Humble just like last year. They just do not take them seriously and winning a scrimmage is not a priority. Now if Lufkin met Humble in a REAL game it would be a major butt whuppin!! The only team Lufkin players and fans are thinking about is IKE. I am sure the only team Longview is thinking about is Marshall. That is how it should be!! This could be the most talked about practice game in hisotry?? :eek: Oh, and i hope you guys can make it to November to play Lufkin not the other way around like one of you said. Let's not act like Longview has enjoyed more playoff success then Lufkin lately because that would be a major blunder on your part. We all know who excels and who chokes come playoff time when it counts!! ;)

LPFAN
08-25-2005, 12:04 AM
I guess i am not allowed to respond?? Believe me when i tell you that this scrimmage game does not bother us Lufkin fans in one bit. I am sick of talking about it actually!! I was just telling one of my Lufkin friends that i did not even realize Shankle and Thomas did not play Saturday. Then it started again!! LOL Lufkin has not won a preseason game since 2000 or before and i have never heard of any panther fan thinking the season was in jeopardy because of it. It used to not even be discussed. In fact, Last years scrimmage game started this weird mess?? I do not expect Lufkin to win next week either in their scrimmage game vs Humble just like last year. They just do not take them seriously and winning a scrimmage is not a priority. Now if Lufkin met Humble in a REAL game it would be a major butt whuppin!! The only team Lufkin players and fans are thinking about is IKE. I am sure the only team Longview is thinking about is Marshall. That is how it should be!! This could be the most talked about practice game in hisotry?? :eek: Oh, and i hope you guys can make it to November to play Lufkin not the other way around like one of you said. Let's not act like Longview has enjoyed more playoff success then Lufkin lately because that would be a major blunder on your part. We all know who excels and who chokes come playoff time when it counts!! ;)
Like I have said before you can run up and down the field and gain 100's of passing and receiving yards but if you cant do this http://photobucket.com/albums/b330/LUFKINPANTHERFAN/?action=view&current=PACK4.jpg with your great backs when it counts then you still lose. You have to find a way, passing or rushing, to get the ball into the endzone when it counts. I could care less if people say that our defense gave up 100's of yards and couldn't stop the power rushing attack from amassing hundreds of yards. So what. If they keep you from the endzone just enough times to win the game that is all that matters. I know Longview will have their best chance this year to return the favor should we meet again. I look forward to seeing McGee and Ivory run all over people this year. They should be fun to watch. If we meet again and we lose I will be bothered because no one likes to lose but I know it will be to a great and deserving Lobo team. Good Luck and tear em up!!!!

pack0808
08-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Not to mention that the game last year was the 1st time in a while a Lobo team had any type of good offensive numbers vs the Lufkin defense. In 2003 they could hardly move the ball period in the 2 games against Lufkin's defense. In fact, one of the scores was 14-0 at Lobo stadium. So let's not act like Longview has been winning the stat battle in all of the games in the 9 game streak!! Nothing could be further from the truth. Lufkin usually wins both the stats and points vs Longview since 99 but if i had a choice of which one i would prefer if you could not have them both, then i would go with the points every single time.

I also wish the Lobos the best!! I will be cheering for them up until November. ;) Kill Marshall once again!!

bleedgreen
08-25-2005, 12:47 AM
i love it--LOL!!!! do you guys realize why this thread is so damn long over a scrimmage?? simply, RESPECT......of course, as Lobos, we have nothing but respect for Lufkin....say what you want, streak or not, you guys do have respect for us, as well.......the great thing is what i think makes Longview and Lufkin excell---the fan support......if one thing is said about Lufkin, you are swarmed by Panther fans like mad wasps coming to defend their team....same goes for Longview---if a comment is made that we don't exactly agree with, you can bet your *** that we will also swarm to the aid of our team like a hornet to honey--LOL......Hatfields and McCoys, like someone stated earlier---yea, i second that, but at least we are all friends--i guess???-LOL..............yea, 9 in a row--you guys would still love to beat those Lobos one more time.....and you can sure bet, that we would love to beat Lufkin, as well---in a really bad way!--LOL.......at least the streak isn't 19 like we had on Marshall from 1969-1988.....i was reading that history about Longview and Marshall on the etsupersite......that's some interesting facts and stories about this rivalry.....they say that it is the 2nd longest series in the state of Texas, dating back to 1909....but earlier records suggest that the series in fact started in the 1880's--making it the longest running series in Texas history....but, they are just going on the 1909 to present day facts--that would make Lufkin/Nacogdoches the current longest series in the state........if we meet in the playoffs again this year Lufkin, we will win--you heard it here first.........................

pack0808
08-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Bleed you said that same thing last year and the year before!! ;) Maybe Longview will prove you right for once this season who knows?? :D It is all in good fun man!!! I just like to tease Lobo fans!! LOL

wide-e-wide
08-25-2005, 09:17 AM
And maybe pigs will fly over Homer Bryce and drop t-shirts to all the
little kiddies at the game.

LPFAN
08-25-2005, 09:21 AM
I didn't know hornets like honey? I know they like my son. He was stung right between the eyes by one in 2nd grade and his whole face swelled up and his eyes were almost swollen shut.

Yeah you will win the game (again) if you go by stats but we will win if you go by the SCOREBOARD again!!! You heard it here first. You probably heard it for the last 6 years and 9 games........... :eek:

Bleed I am just giving you a hard time. I know this could be Longview's year. We don't want to lose to ya'll at all but it sure could happen. First we both have to make it to the playoffs. Will ya'll have every game online. I hope so because I want to be able to see ya'll school on some folks. One more day till ya'll start tearing it up. Too bad we have to wait one more week.

c-lisle
08-25-2005, 11:20 AM
i love it--LOL!!!! do you guys realize why this thread is so damn long over a scrimmage?? simply, RESPECT......of course, as Lobos, we have nothing but respect for Lufkin....say what you want, streak or not, you guys do have respect for us, as well.......the great thing is what i think makes Longview and Lufkin excell---the fan support......if one thing is said about Lufkin, you are swarmed by Panther fans like mad wasps coming to defend their team....same goes for Longview---if a comment is made that we don't exactly agree with, you can bet your *** that we will also swarm to the aid of our team like a hornet to honey--LOL......Hatfields and McCoys, like someone stated earlier---yea, i second that, but at least we are all friends--i guess???-LOL..............yea, 9 in a row--you guys would still love to beat those Lobos one more time.....and you can sure bet, that we would love to beat Lufkin, as well---in a really bad way!--LOL.......at least the streak isn't 19 like we had on Marshall from 1969-1988.....i was reading that history about Longview and Marshall on the etsupersite......that's some interesting facts and stories about this rivalry.....they say that it is the 2nd longest series in the state of Texas, dating back to 1909....but earlier records suggest that the series in fact started in the 1880's--making it the longest running series in Texas history....but, they are just going on the 1909 to present day facts--that would make Lufkin/Nacogdoches the current longest series in the state........if we meet in the playoffs again this year Lufkin, we will win--you heard it here first.........................

What a glorious day that will be when it happens. Man....LP will hear it the rest of the year, you guys hardly let one day go by without reminding us about the streak. I promise you one thing though that I will not be the one rubbing it in your face like many of you do...I'll let all the others take care of that. Well, maybe once....but then I will just relish the the victory.

wide-e-wide
08-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Then the smack talk will just switch gears. It will go from we beat you 9 in a row...to .....Out of 10 games you won 1. Your batting .100...congrats your the Brad Ausmus of the rivalry.

pack0808
08-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Then the smack talk will just switch gears. It will go from we beat you 9 in a row...to .....Out of 10 games you won 1. Your batting .100...congrats your the Brad Ausmus of the rivalry.

LOL :D

c-lisle
08-25-2005, 11:44 AM

You will be the main one called out wide. Then someone can make little remarks about the LP loss every other post. Won't that be funny.

LPFAN
08-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Longviews theme song for 2005

This Is Our Year

2005 baby...another year
Longview in the house
and I can sense the fear

Ivory, Freeman, Vondrell McGee
This is our year
and the state will see
gonna go all the way
gonna get that ring