PDA

View Full Version : Best Player in the State?

brad@sunshinepreps
04-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Who do you guys think is the best player in the state.

E.Jones.
S. Kindle
M. Stafford
E. Moody
M. Goodson
C. Stewart
I. Symonette
Jeven Snead
or other.

Just wondering your thoughts on this one.

jtk1519
04-15-2005, 12:00 AM
My vote goes for Kindle with Snead close behind.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-15-2005, 09:24 AM
McKay Jacobson or Leonard Hewitt. both game changers and game breakers.

ktchamp97
04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Who do you guys think is the best player in the state.

E.Jones.
S. Kindle
M. Stafford
E. Moody
M. Goodson
C. Stewart
I. Symonette
Jeven Snead
or other.

Just wondering your thoughts on this one.

To me, this is always an interesting discussion because it depends on what you're trying to ask. Are you asking who is the best player in high school or who is the best player who will have the most success in college, i.e., who's the best prospect? Many times, the answer to those questions won't be the same.

Last year, one could easily argue that Chase Daniel was the best player in the state, but he wasn't necessarily labelled the top prospect in Texas. You could look at guys like Jerrell Wilkerson too...a guy who was simply dominant as a HS RB, but it's likely he will only return kicks or play some slot receiver in college...yet, one could easily make the case that he was the best RB in Texas.

Colleges are really concerned with measurables and a guy's frame, or how well he projects, often discarding his production or lack of production in high school. Because of this, the recruiting lists don't always reflect the best high school players, even though they may list the best future college players.

Having said all that, I think guys like Leonard Hewitt, Clint Renfro & McKay Jacobsen, and Jamaal Evans belong in the conversation of the very best players in Texas, while guys like Jones and Kindle are probably the best prospects.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-15-2005, 03:52 PM
To me, this is always an interesting discussion because it depends on what you're trying to ask. Are you asking who is the best player in high school or who is the best player who will have the most success in college, i.e., who's the best prospect? Many times, the answer to those questions won't be the same.

Last year, one could easily argue that Chase Daniel was the best player in the state, but he wasn't necessarily labelled the top prospect in Texas. You could look at guys like Jerrell Wilkerson too...a guy who was simply dominant as a HS RB, but it's likely he will only return kicks or play some slot receiver in college...yet, one could easily make the case that he was the best RB in Texas.

Colleges are really concerned with measurables and a guy's frame, or how well he projects, often discarding his production or lack of production in high school. Because of this, the recruiting lists don't always reflect the best high school players, even though they may list the best future college players.

Having said all that, I think guys like Leonard Hewitt, Clint Renfro & McKay Jacobsen, and Jamaal Evans belong in the conversation of the very best players in Texas, while guys like Jones and Kindle are probably the best prospects.
I pick Jamaal Charles of P.A. Memorial........LOL! ;)

Red Raiders
04-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Any year or next year???

drgnbkr
04-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Mike Boydston of Carroll will be both a top player & recruit....

Texasfrog
04-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Katy97 states its very well. The difference between "best player" and "best Prospect".

I personally like to Group kids in groups of about 10. I think the Group you have posted right now is pretty dang good.

I think the best two overall defensive prospects/players in Texas this year are the Kindle and Jones kids.

The two best offensive players/prospects are Snead and Stafford.

The other beauty is there will be a few sleepers kids that explode on the scene for their senior years that nobody's is even talking about right now.

KLH75287
04-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Couldn't you have picked an easier topic, like "Which state has the best H.S. football players? :)

I was in Norman the other day on business, and made the comment that the only thing they have worth anything in Oklahoma, is the best football team Texas could ever build....LOL

My friends didn't think it was very funny.

GO PACK IN '05

pack4life
04-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Vondrell McGee man, that guy will be AMAZING this year... he will do so much for longview.

Rerun
04-15-2005, 11:13 PM
James Henry- Schertz Clemens

CoppellCowboy57
04-16-2005, 10:56 AM
E.Moody for sho!!!

Red Raiders
04-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Vondrell McGee man, that guy will be AMAZING this year... he will do so much for longview.

Of course but we are going to stop him from forwarding.

htownfootball
04-17-2005, 06:08 PM
why is ian symonette from st pius a top 10 texas recruit? he is coming out of a supposed power in the weak TAPPS conference playing on the offensive line that was runner up in tapps 6a but started off the year 0-4 with a freshman quarterback. he was out most of the season last year and before that he has no recorded stats or experience for that matter. top 10 or even 50 prospects should be based on past games AND potential to play at the next level. not just potential like symonette has.

KT2000
04-17-2005, 06:18 PM
htown,

You're tapping into the ever present player versus prospect area. It really depends on your definition. Symonette has only been playing football for five years I think. He's 6'9, 330 pounds and can supposedly clock a 4.9. Right now, many colleges are willing to offer him just because of his physical ability with the thought they can teach him the finer points. When someone with his kind of physical ability comes along, colleges will line up if they have enough scholarships and take him on as a "project." The NBA draft should be all of the evidence of that you need. There are a lot of better players coming out of the college ranks, but a few of the high schoolers go before them just based on potential.

Anyway, as a pure prospect, Symonette is definitely one of the tops in Texas.

htownfootball
04-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I see what you mean now.

LPMOM
04-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Couldn't you have picked an easier topic, like "Which state has the best H.S. football players? :)

I was in Norman the other day on business, and made the comment that the only thing they have worth anything in Oklahoma, is the best football team Texas could ever build....LOL

GO PACK IN '05

this was HILLARIOUS to me!!! and it's also true!!!

ktCarl
04-17-2005, 07:53 PM

GO PACK IN '05

In the 70's we used to say OU had the best Texans money could buy.

ktCarl
04-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Made any of that cornbread lately?

dragonfootballfan
04-17-2005, 10:15 PM
To me there is no doubt that the best player is Kindle. He could be both the best offensive and defensive player next year

LPMOM
04-17-2005, 10:40 PM
i just gave that recipe to somebody last week! i know they have a new place for stuff like this, BUT i sure hope bullrock sees this (at least i think it was him) and gives me that lemon pie recipe again! it was good :D .
p.s. i made some of that cornbread for new years to go with my cabbage! and i got a new banana pudding recipe that i tried out and it's awsome.

LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP !LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!LP!

ROO PRIDE IS JUSTIFIED!!!

CoppellCowboy57
04-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Rumor has it around my school is that, Moody will be playing both ways this season...Running back & Free Safty...

Moody might be one of the most underated better known players in the State because our team sucked last year (trust me I know I was on it so dont rub it in)

RP-3
04-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Of course but we are going to stop him from forwarding.

Like you did last year, when he ran for a 90 yard run on Lee's defense and then a 30 yard game winning touchdown run in OT. That game he had 173 yards on just 11 carriers. He doesn't get much respect from people who have not seen him play because he didn't carry the ball enough last year. The kid had 104 yards on 5 carries against Mesquite Horn in the first quarter and ended the game with 269. He will be something special to watch.

GO LOBOS 2005 !!!