PDA

View Full Version : new judson coaches

winagain
04-11-2005, 08:41 PM
assistant head coach is rick rhoades who was the head coach at new braunfels for 5 years. offensive coordinator is o-line coach from madison. defensive coordinator is mark soto who was a defensive coordinator in laredo and was a stud rocket linebacker in late 80's/early 90's.

kids i've talked to really like the changes so far. rackley moving to offense to coach the quarterbacks.

not too many changes on defense, but big changes in store for offense . . . more of a madison approach w/ the judson hustle.

could be a great year!

SVend43
04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
i think that judsons offense is so explosive the way it is why would you change to a madison style O? look at what we did to madisons offense. Two field goals isnt quite what they had in mind

winagain
04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
you didnt understand . . . i said madison style with the judson hustle :)

Red Raiders
04-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Didn't they separate Judson to new school or does it finish in like 2 years or whatever?

lonny23
04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
assistant head coach is rick rhoades who was the head coach at new braunfels for 5 years. offensive coordinator is o-line coach from madison. defensive coordinator is mark soto who was a defensive coordinator in laredo and was a stud rocket linebacker in late 80's/early 90's.

kids i've talked to really like the changes so far. rackley moving to offense to coach the quarterbacks.

not too many changes on defense, but big changes in store for offense . . . more of a madison approach w/ the judson hustle.

could be a great year!
A Madison approach with the same defense means we win games 96-0!

I hope Coach Soto wasn't coaching defense at Laredo United South!

It should be a good year.

winagain
04-13-2005, 06:08 PM
no he was at united high school (not united south) and they finished w/ a 7-4 record.

but they got beat pretty bad by lajoya in round 1 of the playoffs.

coach rhoades coaches the secondary.

J-ROCKSTUD79
04-16-2005, 12:49 PM
we are gonna be fine.we love the new offence we have.teams aren't gonna know what hit them.coach soto brings the fire to our defence and man look out disrict 26 5a i smell a repeat for the D.Championship. :D

TexasRed6x
04-16-2005, 02:47 PM
stud79, You better hope that you get more plays on offense than the basic I. or it wil be a long year. I would have to say though if you ever were to spread the ball around to all the fast guys you have, look out.

jrdaniel
04-16-2005, 02:52 PM
You better hope that you get more plays on offense than the basic I. or it wil be a long year.

What has stopped it the past 20 years?

lonny23
04-18-2005, 08:20 PM
What has stopped it the past 20 years?
I see great beauty in running plays that work when the other team knows what you're going to do. The best drive I ever saw was in the Super Bowl in 1994 when the Cowboys went up 20-13 running the same play for Emmitt 7 or 8 straight times with him getting a 1 play breather.

Alamo_Mojo
04-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Is Jeter still around? I've always thought he was a heck of a coach? Kept watching for Jinks to make a jump to Rocket land, but I'm not sure if that will happen and / or has happened? Another question? How did the ROCKET JV's fair last fall?

Xfballphenome05
04-18-2005, 08:47 PM
i think there jv was undefeated.

lonny23
04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Jeter is gone. Judson has 2 JV teams. One went 10-0 and the other went 7-2 or 8-2.

winagain
04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
jeter is the new athletic director.

has gibbens hired an oc at wagner? i heard he is having a tough time finding one.

Rocketman81
05-28-2005, 07:32 AM
We now have a good idea what is going on at Judson, I still have not seen anything on the coaches for Wagner. :cool:

Jrock
05-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Two coaches from Rockport-Fulton to Wagner (http://www.caller.com/ccct/high_school_sports/article/0,1641,CCCT_821_3801732,00.html)

Rerun
05-28-2005, 02:09 PM
wagner looks like a sore thumb out there next to candlewood and sunrise. really nice school, beautiful facilities next to cardboard shacks.

Rocketman81
05-28-2005, 03:27 PM
What happen to Pete Gibbons, and the younger Rutledge? Are they still at Judson? :confused:

bullrock
06-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I understand Rutledge is out of coaching and teaching. I hear he is trying his hand in the real estate arena. Looking for more money to feed the kids.

bullrock
06-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Pete Gibbons - head coach at Wagner.

bullrock
06-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Headliner, I noticed you didn't mention the new subdivision just north of Wagner (don't know the name). They kinda look like the houses being built across the street from Steele and others in Schertz if you take away the trees.

jrdaniel
06-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Bull, great to see you back again. Don't worry about Headliner, he is busy with his Clemens for State Champs campaign lately. How you been?

Rerun
06-02-2005, 04:16 PM
u guys are out of touch with reality. schertz = crap, converse = crap. all of san antonio is basically section 8 housing with the exception being north outside of 1604. sa is full of crap and morons that skip meals to save cash to buy tickets to spurs play off games, then they ride the via to get there. 90% of sa sucks.

and schertz wont win any title
4a or 5a or even 1a-simple as that
judson might, i dont know nor do i care. i think they admins made a huge mistake by even raking clemens in the top 25. gimme a break. i dont care who wins the state title as long as its not slc.

to sum it up. housing in schertz / converse / almost all of sa sucks just as do clemens chances of ever winning a state title. simple as that.

RedRage00
06-02-2005, 05:00 PM
u guys are out of touch with reality. schertz = crap, converse = crap. all of san antonio is basically section 8 housing with the exception being north outside of 1604. sa is full of crap and morons that skip meals to save cash to buy tickets to spurs play off games, then they ride the via to get there. 90% of sa sucks.

judson might, i dont know nor do i care. i think they admins made a huge mistake by even raking clemens in the top 25. gimme a break. i dont care who wins the state title as long as its not slc.

to sum it up. housing in schertz / converse / almost all of sa sucks just as do clemens chances of ever winning a state title. simple as that.

Calm down....do you need some medication? lol

Oh, and don't you live in Shavano Park? That is not outside 1604 so I guess you are trash too lol

RR

Rerun
06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
shavano park is just inside 1604. close enough. all i know is that if the houses arnt 200k + i dont wanna even look at that crap.

RedRage00
06-03-2005, 03:27 PM
shavano park is just inside 1604. close enough. all i know is that if the houses arnt 200k + i dont wanna even look at that crap.

Yes, I know where it is.....

JudsonStud19
06-04-2005, 04:37 PM

You must go to some really nice well rounded school to be saying that Judson and Clemens are crap... I bet you must go somewhere nice... Maybe even live in a huge house... Well that is wonderfull. But your football baseball track and jus about any other sport team you have at your school is probably CRAP compaired to the talent in which our schools hold. You think the Houses aorund here are crap... Come move in with me. Youll see what its like... Olympia Hills....

Xfballphenome05
06-04-2005, 04:43 PM
as much as i hate to agree with a rocket,S.A. is a great city,sure there are some bad parts,but there are also bad parts in houston and dallas.and it think judson or clemens have a reasonable chance of getting to state and winning it in the near future.

RGVBadBoy
06-04-2005, 06:24 PM
i think headliner is from SmithsonVally.....cmon Headliner, i think we all respect the Rangers, dont make us not because of one boneheaded fan.... :o

Rocketman81
06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome back Bullrock, thanks for the info on Rutledge and Gibbons. I think its great that Gibbons finally has a shot at headcoaching. I think he will do a GREAT job over at Wagner. :)

Texas Hammer
06-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Headliner is a Clemens fan through and through, but I'd take the Section 8 housing in Converse anyday over Wichita Falls right now. I moved into a house half the size of my last Converse house because the prices are higher up here and I get a lower housing allowance. The cheaper housing is good for renting and buying, but not selling.

Yes, plenty of SA-area houses are built bad because they cheap them out like that sorry SBC Center. The whole town is cheap, especially the bad road engineering. It's not as good of a place to live as the other major cities and I feel sorry for the single people. San Antonio women are:

Fat
Ugly
Repulsive

and that spells another word!

SA does still have the best football team in the state, even if they say they aren't San Antonio. SA doesn't deserve to have Judson and it still irritates me that the whole town won't support them in the playoffs because they aren't a Hispanic school.

Oh, the basketball fans are idiots because they are stupid enough to listen to the communist agenda of the local media. Ticket 760/WOAI 1200 local personalities are easily the worst sportscasters in the state!

dragonsdaddy
06-06-2005, 10:52 AM
well thanks for the supporting sentiments headlicer, we luv u2.

implacable44
06-07-2005, 01:28 PM
what is all of this intense hate on San Antonio ? There are plenty of houses more than $200k inside the loop and how superficial is that comment anyway ? I live up by Southlake and I see more trailer parks and mobile homes in Southlake then I ever saw growing up in San Antonio and going to Judson.

It is a sad state of events if you define people by their residency.

RedRage00
06-07-2005, 01:31 PM
It is a sad state of events if you define people by their residency.

Yep....

bullrock
06-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Headliner is being headliner. He's just sore because he isn't a Rocket fan. And....$200K doesn't buy much of a home in todays market. Why do you set your standards so low??? I sure wish I could live around the San Pedro/281 corrider so I could contribute to the great traffic problems they have. I drove through Stone Oak the other day and it is starting to look like a ghetto in a lot of areas. Converse and Schertz aren't the only parts of San Antonio with what you call sub-par housing. Shavano Park is right up there at the top with the Westlakes, Southlakes, Highland Parks, Woodlands......yeah right!! When you're too good to live where you were raised you are nothin'. Pretty shallow if you ask me.
Go Spurs Go!!