PDA

View Full Version : KT: Garland vs South Garland?

garlandredraider
08-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey KT- yall have the Garland vs South Garland game listed on a friday? The garlandowls.com website has it on Thurs still. PLEASE SAY GARLAND's SITE IS WRONG!!!

g-town07
08-02-2005, 11:00 PM
unfortunately not
and you know who has priority over garland/south garland for that friday?
mhm..you guessed it
FRIGGIN SACHSE
they dont deserve to have friday night games yet, let alone mess up one of the biggist rivalries in the state?????

all i can say, is that im not going to school that friday..win or lose :D

dragons08
08-02-2005, 11:16 PM
unfortunately not
mhm..you guessed it
FRIGGIN SACHSE
they dont deserve to have friday night games yet, let alone mess up one of the biggist rivalries in the state?????

lucky my mom made me get up for school...i barely slept espn night..man was school a drag that day

garlandowl08
08-02-2005, 11:17 PM
are you sure it aint true?? it seems like they would have checked their facts -crosses fingers-

GTown02
08-02-2005, 11:31 PM
I wish it wasnt on a thursday night... but if it is, i'll still be there with bells on.

At least i cant complain about 10:00 classes the next morning :D

ktchamp97
08-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Sorry about the schedule errors guys. I got most of the schedules straight off of the THSCA website.

I'm not a big fan of varsity games on Thursday night...unless Friday is a holiday.

garlandredraider
08-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Just looked at SG's website, says Thursday. Man I am dying to go, but Lubbock is a far trip. My best bud and I made agreements- He graduated from Midland Lee, so we are going to go see the Midland vs Midland Lee game, and since I graduated from Garland, I wanted to bring him to the GHS vs SG game. Man no other game will have that much spark to show off our GHS tradition. Maybe Carter- but Tech has a game that weekend against Sam Houston, lol.

garlandowl08
08-02-2005, 11:50 PM
I know the district has to be fair, and its not really about priority (at least from what I understand, its mostly based off of coinflips/pulling straws). But when you have the biggest game of the distrcit on a thursday night, they are simply asking for trouble. Maybe we can get Mr. Morris to cancel school friday.

garlandredraider
08-02-2005, 11:53 PM
haha. I remember in 1999- Garland having early dismissals and also changing our exam schedule so we could get out early to go to the state game. That was so much fun- every week we would win in the playoffs, we always got out of school early to go travel.

GTown02
08-02-2005, 11:56 PM
State game was a blast to attend, glad I could make the trip... but Im really glad we won, or that 5 hour trip would have been long! :(

dragons08
08-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Sorry about the schedule errors guys. I got most of the schedules straight off of the THSCA website.

I'm not a big fan of varsity games on Thursday night...unless Friday is a holiday.
or the game is on tv..then its fine :D

garlandredraider
08-03-2005, 12:21 AM
haha, i dont think the game has a much texas hype as Southlake vs Denton Ryan, though residents of Garland might argue, lol. Got to love that city rivilry.

pooch
08-03-2005, 12:23 AM
unfortunately not
mhm..you guessed it
FRIGGIN SACHSE

Are you serious? Thank homer for that, I guess. Been to a couple of Garland/South games myself. Great stuff, packed house, great football.

g-town07
08-03-2005, 09:26 AM
hah yeah, last year we had about 30 or 40 squad cars out at HBJ AND a police helicopter with a search light
appearantly there was a big gang fight afterwards or somethin?

that was a crap call last year anyways lol

grayowl60
08-03-2005, 09:53 AM
It seems that GISD could upgrade one or two of the JV fields at a couple of the High schools to 6000 or so to take the pressure off Williams and Johnson. Plenty of land, parking, dressing rooms already in place. With seven high schools and two stadiums there will be some Thursday games.

owlfan 1
08-03-2005, 10:12 AM
There are plans in the works to build a third varsity stadium (it was a part of the bond package that was passed serveral years ago).

It will be strange having that game on a Thursday night - I wonder how the attendance will be impacted?

On another note: I checked out the roster that was posted on the GHS football website (garlandowls.com) and noticed that Donta Sloan is not listed. Someone please tell me this is an oversight.

thisisfeedingwhatiam
08-03-2005, 10:33 AM
There are plans in the works to build a third varsity stadium (it was a part of the bond package that was passed serveral years ago).

It will be strange having that game on a Thursday night - I wonder how the attendance will be impacted?

On another note: I checked out the roster that was posted on the GHS football website (garlandowls.com) and noticed that Donta Sloan is not listed. Someone please tell me this is an oversight.
Yes Owlfan it is an oversight. I noticed the same thing when the roster was posted, and the company I work for does business with Donte's fathers place of business so I asked his father and he told me not to worry Donte will be playing this year for the Owls

grayowl60
08-03-2005, 10:35 AM

Its a glitch. Brumitt not listed also. It will be corrected

garlandowl08
08-03-2005, 10:43 AM
ok, good, cause I noticed that too.

owlfan 1
08-03-2005, 11:01 AM
that's a relief... :cool:

owldog
08-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Maybe the coaches were trying to "trick" the other teams so they would not be ready for Brumitt or Sloane. Pretty sneaky but it might work:)

grayowl60
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Roster has been revised on the web site. Check it now.

pooch
08-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Roster has been revised on the web site. Check it now.

Has devonte bulked up any?

gtowndrumma
08-03-2005, 11:04 PM
man, thats gonna be such a long week! stayin up all wed. night to protect the school, then stayin up all night thursday night for the game. im pretty sure i wont be able to walk, much less attend school that friday

garlandredraider
08-03-2005, 11:43 PM
haha I was a bellguard back in the day....

stayed up all wednesday night-
stayed up all thursday night-
did not have to stay up friday because we won-
and then good ole SAT's on Saturday. lol

Lets hear all the old tricks these two schools have done.....

I have heard of dead owls on the GHS flag pole, I have heard of SG putting cow crap under Williams Stadium home side before the game, I have heard of people putting grass killer on HBJ's stadium.

When I was at garland, SG made flags and they ran on the hill above HBJ and it said Gtown, all the garland people went nuts, then they ran off and people ran behind them and it said sucks. It was sad, lol.

Also i remember people changing sg's marquee from colonel pride week to colonel pride sucks, and then they made shirts.

And of course all the "flagging" that goes on.

I could do without all the spray painting, "G" Sticker stealing, tire slashing stuff that goes on with this rival. But some things are fun.

I love how in 2001, SG made shirts when we played them for Homecoming that said 0-6 cause garland was 0-5 at the time. Our first win that season was against south. so nice.

Man its such a cool rivilry

GoOwls
08-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Back in the 70's, some Garland Ag. boys got some weed killer and went to SG front lawn in the night and sprayed, in block letters:

SOUTH
SUCKS

They sparyed it on a new growth of really green rye grass that had been planted for the winter. It was noticable for a while, to say the least.

GTown02
08-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Back in the 70's, some Garland Ag. boys got some weed killer and went to SG front lawn in the night and sprayed, in block letters:

SOUTH
SUCKS

They sparyed it on a new growth of really green rye grass that had been planted for the winter. It was noticable for a while, to say the least.
Ive heard about that...

My sisters "G" was slashed in half during one year, my moms 'g' had a nice big red x sprayed on one year... good times.

grayowl60
08-05-2005, 09:04 PM
The "revised" roster shows 23 seniors, 38 juniors and only 2 sophs. That wont be the group that suits up for the first district game, but it says something. I know that that the Owls had a strong Freshman team last year, so to only find a place for two of them on the varsity, means that they have a STRONG junior class. I know that a bunch of those upcomming juniors got a lot bigger and faster in the last 10 months. We have some new HOSSES comming up guys!

GoOwls
08-05-2005, 09:39 PM
And for even better news, this years frosh teams are stacked. The coaches are just chomping at the bit for a chance for these kids to get to varsity. There is just so much speed and size. My friend I work with, his son is a frosh. offensive lineman who is already 5'11" 260 lbs. and it ain't baby fat. He and his dad work out together at least 4 times a week plus the stuff he does with his buddies. He runs a 5.4 40 yd. dash and is only 14 years old. If you think he can't move well, he is an all-league catcher in baseball. This is just one example. Watch out for the new frosh., they are good.

grayowl60
08-05-2005, 10:35 PM
And for even better news, this years frosh teams are stacked. The coaches are just chomping at the bit for a chance for these kids to get to varsity. There is just so much speed and size. My friend I work with, his son is a frosh. offensive lineman who is already 5'11" 260 lbs. and it ain't baby fat. He and his dad work out together at least 4 times a week plus the stuff he does with his buddies. He runs a 5.4 40 yd. dash and is only 14 years old. If you think he can't move well, he is an all-league catcher in baseball. This is just one example. Watch out for the new frosh., they are good.
I understand that the last few 9th grade classes out of Austin middle school have won since like the 4th grade. That was the story with the 99 state champs. In the last few years some of the Austin boys have opted for South, and Rowlett, but Black and Gold looks better to them these days.

owlfan 1
08-06-2005, 12:30 PM
South Garland, reportedly, has great subvarsity talent as well. Looks like bot the Owls and Colonels will remain at the top over the next few years. What does the future look like for North Garland? Personally, I think this year's NG team may be the best they've fielded since the days of Jason Parker and Kendal Rhynes.

I do believe that we will see a lot of Sophmores contributing on the varsity before the year is over...

garlandowl08
08-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Ive herd that the incoming fish have lost fewer than 10 games since 2nd grde flag football when they all played together. Also, some of them had to split up for Middle School but are coming back together for high school, or at least thats what i heard.

GoOwls
08-06-2005, 05:43 PM
One of the incoming fish at Garland is the brother of Donta Hart, the record setting RB for the 1999 championship team. He's always been mean. I deliverd mail to them and he would growl like a dog at the other kids when he got the mail. I've seen him beat up kids almost twice his size just for fun. I watched him play in 5th and 6th grade and at times he was almost uncontrolable. I'm not sure how big he is now, but he was D-Line back then. Kid was an animal.

Roughrider
08-06-2005, 07:50 PM
One of the incoming fish at Garland is the brother of Donta Hart, the record setting RB for the 1999 championship team. He's always been mean. I deliverd mail to them and he would growl like a dog at the other kids when he got the mail. I've seen him beat up kids almost twice his size just for fun. I watched him play in 5th and 6th grade and at times he was almost uncontrolable. I'm not sure how big he is now, but he was D-Line back then. Kid was an animal.

Man!! The only thing missing from that story is the BLUE OX??? Sounds like that boy should be going to South for their (SPED) program!! ha!

g-town07
08-06-2005, 08:58 PM
you knew RR would sniff out a garland/south thread haha

GoOwls
08-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Old hound dogs sniff alot of things, many of them because they can. :D

owlfan 1
08-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Man!! The only thing missing from that story is the BLUE OX??? Sounds like that boy should be going to South for their (SPED) program!! ha!

Didn't he kill a bear when he was only three?

Garland02
08-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Didn't he kill a bear when he was only three?
Its Bill Bradsky!

:cool:

okiedude
08-10-2005, 09:32 PM
When I was going to GHS, I think it was either my first or second year there, some South punks got into Williams stadium and spray painted SGHS in the endzone before the game. They cleaned it up, but it was still back when we had the old astroturf, so you could see where they spray painted on there for a while. I saw it myself when we were practicing out there.

And I went to the game last year because I was back for the OU-Texas game, which just so happened to be the same weekend as the Garland-South game. And hopefully although the game has to be on Thursday this year, they will do a better job of getting refs who actually know the rules of football... Roughing the kicker on a blocked field goal? :confused: I still cannot understand what they were thinking on that one. I loved how they made the call and then let the South coach change their minds... and I love how that happened at least twice during the game.

The game will be on TV here in Garland area. I live in Rowlett (when not in Norman during the school year) and they show the games live on GRS-TV. For me it is channel 76 and 77. They have been showing some games from last year this past week. So I got to yell at the refs in the Garland-South game once again. We never lost to South while I was at GHS, and I was there during the disaster that was the 2001 season (although I did not play that season, only my first two years at GHS). It is high time that we beat them again.

owlfan 1
08-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey, Okie - we hope you can make it back for the SG game. I well remember the 2001 season - my worst memory is, of course, losing to Rowlett and watching one of their players run over to our bench and taunt the players. Best memory is watching us beat SG and NG (I remember watching Edorian McCullough just freaking out that they lost to us).

GRS TV does not show the games live. There is a UIL rule that does not allow live broadcasts on Friday nights. The games are replayed the following week - the Friday games are usually shown on Monday night at 7:00. I'm not sure about when the Tuesday games start...

owldog
08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
SG ranked 16 in DMN countdown. Where do you think they will rank Garland? I hope not very high, I would rather us be ignored in the pre season rankings. GHS being ranked higher in the DMN ranking will just add fuel to the fire of the GHS vs SG game.

grayowl60
08-11-2005, 11:11 AM
SG ranked 16 in DMN countdown. Where do you think they will rank Garland? I hope not very high, I would rather us be ignored in the pre season rankings. GHS being ranked higher in the DMN ranking will just add fuel to the fire of the GHS vs SG game.
My guess is that the Owls will be about 6th to 12th by DMN. Some polls have them ranked high, others like Dave Cambell, not at all. Any of you Owl fans know about some move ins that are looking good? Heard some rumers.

okiedude
08-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey, Okie - we hope you can make it back for the SG game. I well remember the 2001 season - my worst memory is, of course, losing to Rowlett and watching one of their players run over to our bench and taunt the players. Best memory is watching us beat SG and NG (I remember watching Edorian McCullough just freaking out that they lost to us).

Yeah, the loss to Rowlett did stink. I went to Garland for the IB stuff but I lived in Rowlett, so I knew some people who went to Rowlett. After they won that game they acted like they had just won the state championship or something. I guess that when it becomes that big for a team to beat you, even when you are having a bad year, you know that you have to be consistantly good. Some of the people on that team probably still remembered when in 1998 at Austin we ruined Schrade's 8th grade team's perfect season and ruined their city title hopes... It was their first year as a school and they were all full of themselves until we beat them. We did not win all that much at Austin and quite a few people went to other schools than GHS, but I know the teams just after us starting really tearing it up again. So that is probably why the team is doing so well now. When we won state in 1999 the team was filled with players from good Austin teams... I remember the coaches always were talking about players from those Austin teams who were playing up at Garland at the time. Thankfully I caught the state championship my freshman year.

I remember that North Garland game... they already had shirts made up for the district championship... but we made sure that they made those shirts up for nothing. When I was going to Garland, that was back in the day when Joe Allen was coaching North. He would run those guys to death. They would only have like 50 guys on the entire team. Then they got the all black uniforms like we had... needless to say, I think that it really got to them when we found a way to beat them every year.

owlfan 1
08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
needless to say, I think that it really got to them when we found a way to beat them every year.

It still does... :D

I think that if we would have made the playoffs in '01, we would have beaten Allen. I saw their playoff game with NG the following week, and I was not impressed.

I wonder how that year would have been different if we would have stuck to the Wing T all year instead of messing around with the spread?

How's JD doing up at OU?

okiedude
08-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I was not much of a fan of the spread at all. They changed the offense once before too, and it did not work. I remember my 8th grade year we had to run a sort of I form with lots of zone blocking in it. Then when I got to Garland they had decided to go back to the wing t again so we had to forget what we had learned the past year. But the wing t works as far as I am concerned, and I associate that with Garland football more than just about anything else. I still love seeing a nicely blocked 30 trap where that tackle just gets destroyed and never knew it was coming and the 3 back just runs right by everyone before they even realize that he has the football. So simple, yet at the same time so effective.

JD will probably get a chance to play this year because we are pretty young on the line. I doubt that he will be starting yet, but OU rotates lots of people on the line like we always did at Garland so I figure that he stands a pretty good chance of getting in some this year. I am not sure if the starting line is set in stone yet, but currently he is listed at second on the depth chart at center behind the senior Chris Bush. I do know that he was having some trouble this spring getting used to snapping the ball in the shotgun formation. His snaps were going everywhere there for a while (enough that the local paper started to take notice and wrote an article about it), but he will get used to it as he gets more reps so that really is not too much of a concern. The paper here tends to write about anything OU football related that they can get their hands on, so I figure that they were just making a big deal about nothing once again.

GoOwls
08-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Well guys, actually I have quite a bit of news/rumors for you.

1. Garland will be good this year, but may be even better the next 3 years after as a monster class of freshmen is now inbound. These Austin kids lost 1 game I believe in 5th grade and none since. One is a son of my work buddy, he's 14 years old, 5'11" and growing, 260 lbs (no baby fat, he works out with his powerlifter dad at least 4 times a week), and runs a 5.4 to 5.5 40 yd. dash and is getting faster. The RB is tall and angular and very fast. Along with kids from other schools, the class of 09 looks as tough as it gets.

2. The rumors out of South Garland is that a mass scramble to find a dependable chunker that the coaches trust is ongoing and the fact that they may have the most talented group of receivers in printed history may bee a moot point. I wondered about who would take the reigns from Kent. All I heard last year was that if Kent went down, South was in trouble. All the euphoria about the receiver situation was a puzzle to me all off season. This only validates my concerns. The JV has been raided of 2 prospects and the freshman teams' starter, has been moved to starter of JV, and he hasn't played football, much less QB for 2 years as he was homeschooled for 7th and 8th grade. I predict Garland will slip into a loose man coverage and blitz the snot out of the QB, whoever he is.

g-town07
08-11-2005, 11:15 PM
garland has 3 move-ins

2 o-line and 1 rb
thats all i know though, anyone got anything else?

Roughrider
08-11-2005, 11:31 PM
garland has 3 move-ins

2 o-line and 1 rb
thats all i know though, anyone got anything else?

Yeah, heard they are straight from Huntsville. Just released and rehabilitated. Should fit in well! :D

GTown02
08-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah, heard they are straight from Huntsville. Just released and rehabilitated. Should fit in well! :D
RR found the Garland posts! ;) In the future we should talk in code. :p

GoOwls
08-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Just goes to show that flies like to land on the cream every once in a while instead of that by-product they normally root around in.

Hey RR where you been?

I heard the cops had to close down Sachse's practices since the city of Sachse passed a law against Chinese fire drills. Happy 0-10. How's the band?

okiedude
08-11-2005, 11:53 PM
The Sachse-Rowlett game from last year has been on the GRS TV some this week. I was watching that sucker and I swear that Sachse ran like two plays the entire game. A play where the qb sprinted out to pass the ball, but never did and just ran it... and a play where the qb handed the ball to the rb out of the shotgun. Needless to say, they simply were not able to move the ball at all. Rowlett, on the other hand, was tearing off runs of 9 or 10 yards every single play, and the only time they did not score was when they tried to get fancy and pass the ball...

Speaking of Rowlett... They are no longer a new school. Rowlett High is 10 years old this year. Their enrollment is the highest for the entire GISD. When the heck are they going to start winning any games? It is about time that they drop the excuses and show us something. There is no reason why they should not be a contender for the district title. I have a feeling that they will still be underachieving for some time to come.

g-town07
08-12-2005, 12:45 AM
thats a lil harsh eh?

i cant wait until sachse isnt a "new" school anymore :cool:

owlfan 1
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
I've been saying for years that Rowlett is on the verge of being a contender. When coach Hardin was brought in, I felt ever more strongly. Now, I'm not so sure. Rowlett really needs to show something this year. I'm starting to wonder if they're not one of those schools that will perpetually hang around 5-5...

GarlandOwl06
08-12-2005, 05:48 PM
There are two move ins at Garland and will play on the varsity level but should and will be contributors. One is an offenesive lineman from a small town next to tyler a 3a school i forget the name but he will be starting and adds some much needed beef to our line bringing a 6'2 300 pound frame and the other kid is from Duncanville im not sure his name but i know hes roughly 6'1 6'2 around 215 and was practicing at outside linebacker most recently.

P.S. am i the only one that was a tad surprised that SG was ranked 16 i figured they would be ranked higher than that

CoppellCowboy57
08-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I remember when Coppell played Irving last year on Thursday, we lost by a touchdown, and nobuddy showed up to school the next year, the ppl who did, where silent...it was depressin

GTown02
08-13-2005, 04:18 PM
P.S. am i the only one that was a tad surprised that SG was ranked 16 i figured they would be ranked higher than that
I was shocked as well... usually they are top 10 or just outside... I wonder where Garland will be ranked.... cant wait till they release it. :)

GarlandOwl06
08-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I have heard rumors that Garland is as high as #2! :confused: Matt Diggs from Texas Prep Extra is who I heard that from but I am not sure that its true! I kind of hate that because I love to lay low and be underrated all year. I think these guys this year will be good though...real good. You can already hear the buzz around town. FOOTBALL IS COMING!!!

wide-e-wide
08-13-2005, 07:41 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.....
Go away okie....get your own board.

garlandowl08
08-13-2005, 10:00 PM
what are you talking about?

okiedude
08-13-2005, 10:15 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.....
Go away okie....get your own board.

Wow... amazing... I think that is directed at me? Not sure though... :confused:

I'll take the high road on this one. I went to Garland High and I go to the University of Oklahoma now. That is that. I do not understand why I should have to "get my own board" when this one is a Texas high school football board and I went to a Texas high school.

Roughrider
08-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Dang! Looks like WIDE had a seizure??

I'm shocked at the crude, nasty, hurtful things that you OWL boys throw my way? If I had feelings they would be hurt!

How about the article on the kid from NG? Wow, talk about a blue ox?? 75 yard arm? I saw the kid play last year and didn't get the impression that he was packing a gun like that? I did notice that his Dad was doing some serious coaching from the stands.... I'm talking about calling Jr. to the rail and coaching him up on who to go to and when to pitch or not... It was interesting?

dragons08
08-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Wow... amazing... I think that is directed at me? Not sure though... :confused:

I'll take the high road on this one. I went to Garland High and I go to the University of Oklahoma now. That is that. I do not understand why I should have to "get my own board" when this one is a Texas high school football board and I went to a Texas high school.
wide bleads longhorn orange i belive, and seeing a oakie on here...you know the rest..

okiedude
08-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Ok, I get it now, to be from Texas you have to go to TU...

TU = the state of Texas right? I am sure there are some Tech and A&M fans that would love to hear that one.

dragons08
08-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Ok, I get it now, to be from Texas you have to go to TU...

TU = the state of Texas right? I am sure there are some Tech and A&M fans that would love to hear that one.
ahh i guess so? im not really into the whole Big rivarlies, im more into the Big 10, mainly Illinois, but yea

Roughrider
08-14-2005, 10:26 AM
ttt

pooch
08-14-2005, 03:16 PM
I've been saying for years that Rowlett is on the verge of being a contender. When coach Hardin was brought in, I felt ever more strongly. Now, I'm not so sure. Rowlett really needs to show something this year. I'm starting to wonder if they're not one of those schools that will perpetually hang around 5-5...

They don't recruit as hard as SG and Garland.... :D

okiedude
08-14-2005, 04:17 PM
They don't recruit as hard as SG and Garland.... :D

Why do they need to recruit? They have so many people at that school that they should be able to turn the program around. When someone had to pick between Rowlett and Garland, in my days anyhow, they had to decide if they wanted to have a place where they could easily play or a place where they could win. And I went to Austin for middle school, so since it was called an academy or magnet school or whatever, the people in there for that program could go to Garland no matter where they lived if they took IB classes. Even then, a whole lot of the people from my school, which was a traditional Garland feeder that ran the Garland offense and defense, went to Rowlett instead of Garland because they lived in Rowlett.

Rowlett high is also in much better shape than Garland, and if you do not live where Garland is your school then it is much easier to go to another school and not have to worry about taking IB classes to stay in the school. The GISD has "choice of school," but if you do not pick to go to the school that they assign to you, you do not get bussing to that school and you have to get there yourself. And that is if you can get into the school in the first place. If the school you choose is too full, you cannot go to it at all. So it is not like the coaches can get people from all over Garland to come to Garland high unless these kids have parents who are already set on making sacrifises and sending them to Garland anyhow.

But what it all comes down to is that if you win games, you do not really have to recruit. If Garland did not win games, no one would bother to even listen to their coaches at all. And the fact that they win games is really all that Garland has going for it. Rowlett, on the other hand, has lots of things going for it, but they do not win. Rowlett has people begging to get into that school, and many people trying to bust down the doors because they do not want to go to Naaman or Lakeview even though the GISD tells them that those are their schools. If they cannot put a team together that consistantly wins given the amount of people here in Rowlett, there is something else going on at that school. Maybe it is their coaches or maybe they party too much or something... I just think that these guys really ought to get called out when they make up excuses yet again this year. There is no reason why they should not be winning games. It would also help the entire district if they would get better. The better teams you play during district play, the better prepared you will be for the playoffs.

owlfan 1
08-14-2005, 07:39 PM
...here it comes...

mtbray
08-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, I think part of it has to do with what kind of kids go to each school, but I'm not really gonna get into that...

GoOwls
08-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Well, I think part of it has to do with what kind of kids go to each school, but I'm not really gonna get into that...

I think there is a can opener amongst us. :D

Job well done. :D :D

Rough, you are so right, the kid is a blue ox, a fictional creature. So if he can throw a ball 75 yds. The Scud missle went a long way too, but was largely ineffective. With the speed Garland has on the line and linebacker and the defense as a whole, I doubt he'll have time to throw a 15 yard pass, much less a 75 yard one.

Woe be unto all who find themselves in the way of The Mighty Owls.

The problem with the other 11-5A schools is parental, school, and allumni support. If Naaman, or Rowlett, or Lakeview has a good year, they will draw 4,000 or more per game, then have a bad season, and they might not draw 1,000. Garland and South and to some degree North, pull in great crowds no matter what, especially Garland. Kid react positively to fan support, they even learn to win.

Roughrider
08-14-2005, 09:14 PM
...here it comes...

Are you waiting on me to start on the recruiting issue again??? Kind of feel like I'm going to let you down. We all know what goes on, no need in opening that "can", at least right now.
Besides, Rowlett doesn't have any reason not to produce "W's". Man, they are usually loaded with linemen and enough speed to get the job done.

GoOwls
08-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Dang Rough, I'm with you. If the kids feel that the students and parents and fans support them.....no matter what......they will perform at a higher level or at least up to their potential. Adrenaline from 8,000 fans vs. 1,000 fans is overpowering, most of the time.

owlfan 1
08-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Besides, Rowlett doesn't have any reason not to produce "W's". Man, they are usually loaded with linemen and enough speed to get the job done.

I am in agreement with you, rough. Wow. It feels dirty...

garlandredraider
08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
haha just had to tell someone.

A guy just came up in his South Garland uniform trying to sell cards for the football team. I was like dude, you came to the wrong house.... and put on my Garland hat. He said the card works good for 100 miles... but shoot. Lubbock is 300 miles away. Plus we already bought cards from Garland players who come hit up our house every year. And yes, I live 1 min from South Garland High school and graduated from Garland.

travisk44
08-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey I'm a South Garland fan! I'm new here but as some of you might know I'm the top member from Garland on texashsfootball.com (by top I mean highest post count) and I'd like to say that I'm ticked at the game being played on a thursday. The Longview vs. Tyler Lee game is also on that thursday so this isn't the only rivalry that's getting the bump to thursday. I can't wait for the game! I'm not sure if it's going to be a good one though. If SG's new qb (who is more of a rushing qb) turns out not that great it might be a blow out by Garland. But if he's a good it might be another thriller like last year and who knows who'll win. Anyways I'm Travis; a South Garland fan and 11-5A guru and am looking forward to a great year of football!

garlandredraider
08-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Welcome Travis- and may the Owls reclaim the district. LOL. Cant wait for the game, it will be good no matter what.

GoOwls
08-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Travis, I'm WHOOAreYou over there. Nice to see you here.

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
no matter what happens, i know ill be there rooting on the owls

travisk44
08-16-2005, 07:06 PM
dang that's alot of numbers you've got in that sn whoo! lol

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 07:08 PM
yeah, what are all those numbers for, i've always wondered

dragons08
08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
yeah, what are all those numbers for, i've always wondered
probally to laugh at us when we try to figure out, cause they mean nothing...i could be wrong though..

GTown02
08-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Umm the years that Garland has won a state title... 56' 63' 64' 99'...

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:05 PM
oh, hahahaha...im a dufus

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:06 PM
oh, hahahaha...im a dufus
dufus, havent heard that in a while..

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Umm the years that Garland has won a state title... 56' 63' 64' 99'...
what if garland, wins another one..what does he do then?

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:09 PM
he asks KT if he can change his sn

maybe he's just really slow and those are all the titles he was in high school for and he graduated so he wouldnt have to add another one...thats a long shot if there's ever been one...

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:12 PM

maybe he's just really slow and those are all the titles he was in high school for and he graduated so he wouldnt have to add another one...thats a long shot if there's ever been one...
hahaha, had to read it twice to get it

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:14 PM
yeah, it was a little wordy...but it made its point eventually...kinda like me in real life

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah, it was a little wordy...but it made its point eventually...kinda like me in real life
add me to that list

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:16 PM
hahaha...consider it done,I always seem to talk more than is necessary

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:20 PM
hahaha...consider it done,I always seem to talk more than is necessary
yea, and when im suposed to do chores, i seem to do less chores than im supposed to..

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
hahahaha...yeah it always seems like your parents can find the one thing you didnt do and make you do it 10 times better then yo wouldve on your own

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:32 PM
hahahaha...yeah it always seems like your parents can find the one thing you didnt do and make you do it 10 times better then yo wouldve on your own
well, when my moms po'd she punihses me by doing chores..i find way to get around stuff, it works..to some extent, here my parents bedroom is downstairs, so their not in my room like ever or my broom for that matter

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah, i usually sleep upstairs, but the tv my sister left in her room tempted me to move there

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:42 PM
yeah, i usually sleep upstairs, but the tv my sister left in her room tempted me to move there
yea tv is nice in my room, ive had one in my room for the longest time , woulndt be able to live without it

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:43 PM
haha...its kinda cool when you havent had one for a long time and then you get one...i just know im gonna become dependant and then my sister is gonna take it back and im gonna go insane

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:47 PM
haha...its kinda cool when you havent had one for a long time and then you get one...i just know im gonna become dependant and then my sister is gonna take it back and im gonna go insane
haha, only a matter of time, like when i go to college, and i cant take the xbox, oh boy, heads will roll

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
hahaha, by then we'll be on xbox 720 or something

dragons08
08-16-2005, 08:51 PM
hahaha, by then we'll be on xbox 720 or something
haha yea, i guess so, you know what would be cool, this game "UIL Texas Highschool Football" thatd be the bomb

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 08:56 PM
yeah, but the load times would be ridiculous, even on the new consoles...i dont think theres a disc that can hold that much info...nonetheless, it would be sweet...you could do it like in expansion packs, you just need to have consoles with hard drives

dragons08
08-16-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah, but the load times would be ridiculous, even on the new consoles...i dont think theres a disc that can hold that much info...nonetheless, it would be sweet...you could do it like in expansion packs, you just need to have consoles with hard drives
okay.. "UIL Texas Highschool Football 5A Edition"

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 09:04 PM
yeah...still thats like 273 teams or something, isnt it?

the UIL could make some money though, thats for sure

dragons08
08-16-2005, 09:05 PM
yeah...still thats like 273 teams or something, isnt it?

the UIL could make some money though, thats for sure
we know how much they like green..

GoOwls
08-16-2005, 09:06 PM

Kinda slow????? My Garland brother, how could you accuse me of something we reserve for SG folk? You say I'm slow and you don't know the years we won state? God help us all. If I'm going to allow you to graduate from my fine learning institution, you must upgrade your knowlege of said institutions' history.

I'm just kidding, you're a good kid. Yes, WHEN we win another championship, I'm ask the man for a hardship change of names, since the previous name will no longer be correct.

garlandowl08
08-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I was too, j/k and i never really looked that closely at your name and i did, after all, call myself a dufus...is that not punishment enough?

we will win another title in the next half decade, i garuntee

dragons08
08-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I was too, j/k and i never really looked that closely at your name and i did, after all, call myself a dufus...is that not punishment enough?

we will win another title in the next half decade, i garuntee
i can guarente you wont win a spelling bee in the next half decade..

Roughrider
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Kinda slow????? My Garland brother, how could you accuse me of something we reserve for SG folk? You say I'm slow and you don't know the years we won state? God help us all. If I'm going to allow you to graduate from my fine learning institution, you must upgrade your knowlege of said institutions' history.

I'm just kidding, you're a good kid. Yes, WHEN we win another championship, I'm ask the man for a hardship change of names, since the previous name will no longer be correct.

You tell everbody what you want to. We all know that is your inmate identification number. That's how the Owls picked up the last couple of "move" in's! They figured if GoOwls4X could make it at Garland than they could also. Why not, GHS is not that much different than Huntsville!! :D

GoOwls
08-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey Rough, poked your head out of that hole I see. Hope that football team has some success in non-district as we know what's gonna happen to you in district.......0 - for - 6.........BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! How's the band this year? Better focus on something you know about. :D

I wouldn't know, but, what is it like going onto every season knowing your team will suck? :D :D

Roughrider
08-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey Rough, poked your head out of that hole I see. Hope that football team has some success in non-district as we know what's gonna happen to you in district.......0 - for - 6.........BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! How's the band this year? Better focus on something you know about. :D

I wouldn't know, but, what is it like going onto every season knowing your team will suck? :D :D

That's more like it!!! I was beginning to think this was a "lets hold hands and hug" board.... You need to tell your following to get a phone number!

garlandowl08
08-17-2005, 06:51 PM
i can guarente you wont win a spelling bee in the next half decade..

hey, i cant help it if i cant spell any way except phonetically

GoOwls
08-17-2005, 07:06 PM
That's more like it!!! I was beginning to think this was a "lets hold hands and hug" board.... You need to tell your following to get a phone number!

Hey, it's football season, time to crank up the trash talk....right, old buddy.

GarlandOwl06
08-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Lord knows I'm ready to start!!

GoOwls
08-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Hey....where's Rough.....helpin out some short kid in the tuba club? :D

Roughrider
08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey....where's Rough.....helpin out some short kid in the tuba club? :D

Why? Did you have to have help when you were in the band playing the tuba?

Where are the Owls playing tomorrow?

GarlandOwl06
08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Williams Stadium, I think 7:30

GoOwls
08-18-2005, 11:00 PM
I wasn't in the band, but if I was I'd have played a threeba or a fourba cause I'm so dang good. As for Garlands' schedule...when we thomp yo' head....you'll know we were there. :D

Roughrider
08-19-2005, 08:24 AM
I wasn't in the band, but if I was I'd have played a threeba or a fourba cause I'm so dang good. As for Garlands' schedule...when we thomp yo' head....you'll know we were there. :D

Sounds like a former disgruntled flute player too me!!! :p

RoughRiderII
08-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Guess you should know being a former disgruntled skin flute player. Huh Rough

GoOwls
08-19-2005, 05:46 PM

Sweet, RoughII, you DID get him talking about something he knows about. You da man.

GoOwls

WE WILL WIN!!!!

#5 IN '05

garlandowl08
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
#5 in '05...nice slogan...i think i might have to use it...any owls gonn abe at the scrimmage tonight? I know i will

g-town07
08-20-2005, 02:06 AM
anyone have a scrimmage report?
i wasnt able to make it and i wanna know how they did/who stepped up

so fill me in

Black&Gold06
08-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Look on the scrimmage reports page.

Roughrider
08-20-2005, 10:27 PM

Sweet!! Owl 4x4's cellmate RRII is back on line. Bet you two got some shower stories to tell!! :) Which one of you actually had to pick up the soap?? RRII seems like he's a "taker", not a "giver"!

GoOwls
08-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Ya'll still got Molina on your schedule?

Sweet!

Roughrider
08-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Ya'll still got Molina on your schedule?

Sweet!

Yeah, only this worst than that is feeling good about beating the crap out of the Colony!! Wow, haven't they picked up like one win in the last few years???

GTown02
08-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Yeah, only this worst than that is feeling good about beating the crap out of the Colony!! Wow, haven't they picked up like one win in the last few years???
I think The Colony has had a few winning seasons the last couple of years... Anyone know their record?

garlandowl08
08-22-2005, 04:00 PM
THis is from this website

The Colony 28 Wolforth Frenship (4A) 10
Richardson Pearce 14 The Colony 7
Lewisville Hebron (4A) 56 The Colony 14
Flower Mound 31 The Colony 24 (OT)
Lewisville 35 The Colony 13
Plano 14 The Colony 0
Allen 38 The Colony 17
Plano West 31 The Colony 0
FM Marcus 34 The Colony 11

Thats last year...if anyone else wants to go look up previous years, more power to ya.