PDA

View Full Version : SLC OL Michael Prince Highlights

brad@sunshinepreps
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
You wont find footage on him any where else. Hope you guys enjoy.

http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/185/1/

For this free help email me anytime

brad@sunshinepreps.net

Owned05
04-10-2005, 07:12 PM
So other than dominating defensive linemen smaller than him, what else are his strengths?

Why no video from the Lufkin or Abilene game?

Not trying to be negative, its just hard to gauge how good this guy is when you get tape of only 2 games. And the only thing this film showed me is what I said earlier, he can dominate smaller guys.

Did he ever have to take on Joe Pawelek in the state game? I'd like to see some film on that or some from the Lufkin game.

brad@sunshinepreps
04-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Most of those highlights were from the state game, and also we dont have there season on tape, if we did his highlights would be longer. Also you say he dominates smaller guys. Well isnt that what every good 6'4-6'6 HS Tackle does. That is all he can do is dominate the players he plays against. Trust me he held his own in the Lufkin game too.

DW@SunshinePreps
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I am not so sure the Lufkin or Abilene game was available but if they were, there would certainly be plays included from those games.

About only seeing him dominate smaller guys, try to take note #1 of his size and #2 his quick feet for his size. Height is the one factor that can't be taught or improved. Kids can add weight, add strength, improve technique but adding height is not possible. Basically this kid passes the "Height Test" and shows quickness in his feet that suggest he may be a solid prospect.

This being said, our site is to help promote kids to play at ANY level of college ball. I don't care if it is D1 or helping a kid get a look from a D3 program. I have helped kids reach all different levels and get just as excited when the lower division kids find homes as when some of the kids sign D1 on signing day. This is a great website and I am sure college coaches are on here at times and these clips you see may just help a college pick up the phone an request game tape on a kid.

Anyone interested in sending in tapes can do so. This is free help and will remain free help to all involved. I can be reached on my cell if anyone needs to contact.

Derek Williams
813-340-0971

drgnbkr
04-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Don't worry about it Brad, these guys are just nit-picking because they did'nt make it to the state game..the first half of the video is the Smithson Valley game & if Pawelek was'nt showing up in the play it's not Prince's fault is it?

PantherPride
04-10-2005, 10:21 PM
When you're that big, every defensive lineman is smaller, and domination is domination. You can't negate the fact that this guy has great feet and that's what separates big guys from good offensive tackles. You act like they didn't put any good teams on the tape, keep in mind that was Smithson Valley. Before you go make a post talking crap about a rival, at least try to make yourself not sound like an idiot.

brad@sunshinepreps
04-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Trust me he has the size,foot work, and coaching to play on Saturdays.

Texasfrog
04-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I saw SLC play in the Lufkin, Abilene and Smithson Valley games. The Prince kid did very well against 3 of the bigger , faster and more physical defenses in Texas.

PS. In the Lufkin game. Prince was matched up against :

De- Mckinner Dixon (6-3/240/4.6) - Texas Tech
De- Rashad Hunt ( 6-3/245/4.6) - Texas Tech

He held his own.

Owned05
04-11-2005, 08:45 PM
When you're that big, every defensive lineman is smaller, and domination is domination. You can't negate the fact that this guy has great feet and that's what separates big guys from good offensive tackles. You act like they didn't put any good teams on the tape, keep in mind that was Smithson Valley. Before you go make a post talking crap about a rival, at least try to make yourself not sound like an idiot.

Tell me, my man, how did I make myself sound like an idiot?

And as far as the nit picking goes, I'm just asking to see some film of Prince against some faster teams (excluding SV). That'd be a better indication of how quick his feet are and how long he can hold a block. Just have a hard time understanding how you can tell he has "great" feet, like someone said in this thread, from film of just 2 games. One is Smithson Valley, who is the other team on this highlight tape?

And PatherPride, keep in mind that they played 2 other very good teams with very fast and very good defensive lineman. I'll take Frog's word for it though on Dixon and Hunt.

Just don't want to ruffle anyones feathers.

PantherPride
04-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I saw him against Denton Ryan on ESPN going against Xavier Kelley (safety commit to Arizona) lined up at d-end and I was impressed at how fast he could get back against a speed rush for a big guy. Against Fossil Ridge he handled our defensive ends who were not slow by any standard. You can't judge a guy by two small highlight tapes, but there's no need to be negative right off the bat if you haven't seen enough to make judgement either way.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers.

drgnbkr
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Tell me, my man, how did I make myself sound like an idiot?

And as far as the nit picking goes, I'm just asking to see some film of Prince against some faster teams (excluding SV). That'd be a better indication of how quick his feet are and how long he can hold a block. Just have a hard time understanding how you can tell he has "great" feet, like someone said in this thread, from film of just 2 games. One is Smithson Valley, who is the other team on this highlight tape?

And PatherPride, keep in mind that they played 2 other very good teams with very fast and very good defensive lineman. I'll take Frog's word for it though on Dixon and Hunt.

Just don't want to ruffle anyones feathers.

I watched him for all 16 games last year...he has quick feet...even the games when his ankle was the size of a grapefruit..the kid has game, whether you agree or not... :confused:

Chief Wahoo
04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
I watched him for all 16 games last year...he has quick feet...even the games when his ankle was the size of a grapefruit..the kid has game, whether you agree or not... :confused:

Of course, you are not the least bit biased there drgnbkr! :p. Not to worry though, I agree with you all the way. That young man is a stud on the O-line. He wouldn't ride the pine on any high school team IMHO.

I heard that
04-17-2005, 12:06 AM
I dont no anything about this kid, but from what i can see he is big and takes on little kids that come up to his waist. He doesnt look to special to me....

drgnbkr
04-17-2005, 09:53 AM
I dont no anything about this kid, but from what i can see he is big and takes on little kids that come up to his waist. He doesnt look to special to me....
Wow...so let me try & figure this out...does Prince apologize for being big, or do SV, Lufkin & all the others apologize for being small? What are you smokin?!

I heard that
04-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Man i was just pullin a fast one! I just contradicted my own comment when i say he is big then say he doesnt look special! I think this kid is a tremendous player wiht a huge future ahead of him! He is huge, strong, and from what i have....decently fast for his size! He will go as far as he wants at the college level!

drgnbkr
04-17-2005, 08:29 PM
OK...it says you are "at a store near you" whats up with that?

dragonfootballfan
04-17-2005, 10:12 PM
If I am not mistaken he was hurt in some of the later playoff games including the state game

dragonsdaddy
04-18-2005, 11:16 AM
he twisted an ankle early in the lufkin game, but was able to play thru it. he's definitely a player.

Red Raiders
04-18-2005, 04:12 PM
You wont find footage on him any where else. Hope you guys enjoy.

http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/185/1/

For this free help email me anytime

brad@sunshinepreps.net

Lol, still posting links?

relraiderfan
04-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Lol, still posting links?

lol, still posting pointless comments to raise the post level? ;)

CoppellCowboy57
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Hes alright he gives alil to much ground on some passing plays...and yeah he dominates guys smaller then him

brad@sunshinepreps
04-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Hope your not talking to me, I have not post on this topic in a while. And yes I will post a new Texas guy soon. Working on highlight footage right now. Need more tape from your teams so we can post more kids on the site.

I heard that
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Coppell, u r ignorant! totally oblivious to the passing scheme! That is how he is taught to block on passes. But your right, the o line wasnt any good this year, they gave up a lot of sacks..... use your head!

Red Raiders
04-19-2005, 08:09 PM
lol, still posting pointless comments to raise the post level? ;)

not really, what else do you want me to say, I am still learning football on here. I am new in here.

brad@sunshinepreps
05-04-2005, 12:19 AM
anyone here who Prince is being recruited by?

I heard that
05-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I heard that prince is a very intelectual and athletic yet is not going to persue a football career...i hear that he is leaning toward culinary school, or maybe even a career in cosmetology..

dragons06
05-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I heard that prince is a very intelectual and athletic yet is not going to persue a football career...i hear that he is leaning toward culinary school, or maybe even a career in cosmetology..
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was great, especially if you know what type a guy Mike is, lol. To answer the question on who is recruiting him, I know UTEP has offered him but he is waiting for someone else. UT was intersted at one point in time also.