PDA

View Full Version : Should the #1 Be Handed Out For a Team Sport?

DragonFan0316
12-21-2011, 01:42 PM
My opinion is no. What do you think and why.:)

Mr. Rod
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't care, it's a number.

Austin109
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
The jersey number doesnt mean anything other than clarifying your position.

Super B
12-21-2011, 04:24 PM
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k507/moorej5/smiley_yawn.gif

CjGarcia9
12-21-2011, 04:33 PM
LOL seriously? It's just a number. Why shouldn't it be given out?

the_phoenix612
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a goalie. That sh!t's mine!

dragonpants
12-21-2011, 05:45 PM
It is just a jersey number to me. I was always in the 50-70 jersey numbers so I never though much about it. I do not like the C that every friggin sport has picked up that was started by hockey. I have no problem with it in hockey, has always been there and is part of their tradition. Is it really that important that everyone needs to know who it is?

drgnbkr
12-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't think I care...Let me check...Nope.

dragonpants
12-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't think I care...Let me check...Nope.

We need to get 0316 out to some of our functions so we can give him thread starting lessons. :D

Until then I think he should be banned from starting one until he gets approval from Dr. Ed or slcdragonfan.

CKE
12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Since Larry hill became the coach at sv there has not been a number 1 on the team. I don't mind dropping a number on a team to drive the point that no individual his higher than anyone else on the team.

uhsfilmcrew
12-22-2011, 12:26 AM
I think triple digits should be coming out soon.

maxtor
12-22-2011, 05:53 AM
I don't even understand the question.

ThEgReAtOnE
12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
I don't even understand the question.

+1

SMH at the several directions this question can go in. :D

E-Vol-ution
12-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Means no more than 7,13 or 99.
Just a number......trust me, why should #32 be confused with Jim Brown?

12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
It's just a number. Now the stickers the kids wear on their helmets for INDIVIDUAL success, I kinda got a problem with that. Football is a team sport, and the message the stickers send is, "MY EFFORT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR EFFORT."

mojotrain
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
I thought most people would say "well" but most seem to think they just don't know.

Fleeman93
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM

slcdragonfan
12-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I like '00'. Think of it as 'double-aught'. :D

mojotrain
12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Me? Actually for a long time now I've been leaning towards the concept of using the #1 just being used for identification by those participants of individual sports.

mojotrain
12-22-2011, 09:45 AM
I think triple digits should be coming out soon.

This should be considered. I could see the first number designating what team(string) the lad was on followed by a dash and then a regular two digit number. Consideration could be given to placing, starting dead center on the front of ones jersey and moving to the left circumventing the jersey the childs dads s s number. Or like the team that Permian played in their last game this season, just say NO to numbers. Let-em figure it out.:(

slcdragonfan
12-22-2011, 09:49 AM
This should be considered. I could see the first number designating what team(string) the lad was on followed by a dash and then a regular two digit number. Consideration could be given to placing, starting dead center on the front of ones jersey and moving to the left circumventing the jersey the childs dads s s number. Or like the team that Permian played in their last game this season, just say NO to numbers. Let-em figure it out.:(

Let's just implant a chip in each player. Then we use our smartphones/tablets/smartwatches/own chip to read all about their stats, etc. Could use the same technology used in tracking inventory. The kids won't mind, we can just embed it in the ink in their tats if they resist.

Also, lets get a freaking laser-guided device for first downs and for scoring. When the ball crosses the plane then the first down is made. Applies to onside kicks as well. ;) lol

Technology...making high school football better. :D

ganderif
12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
The number 1 I could care less about. It's the stickers on the helmets that piss me off. Lets let everyone know how you never played in one play. Maybe if it was stickers for how hard you worked in practice, I could dig it. The other thing is names on the back of jerseys. Usually its the bad schools that use names and the good schools just leave the back blank.

uhsfilmcrew
12-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Let's just implant a chip in each player. Then we use our smartphones/tablets/smartwatches/own chip to read all about their stats, etc. Could use the same technology used in tracking inventory. The kids won't mind, we can just embed it in the ink in their tats if they resist.

Also, lets get a freaking laser-guided device for first downs and for scoring. When the ball crosses the plane then the first down is made. Applies to onside kicks as well. ;) lol

Technology...making high school football better. :D

Ball lights up until it reaches the endzone or first down.

DragonFan0316
12-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Since Larry hill became the coach at sv there has not been a number 1 on the team. I don't mind dropping a number on a team to drive the point that no individual his higher than anyone else on the team.

This.

DragonFan0316
12-22-2011, 02:44 PM
We need to get 0316 out to some of our functions so we can give him thread starting lessons. :D

Until then I think he should be banned from starting one until he gets approval from Dr. Ed or slcdragonfan.

I give up. Didn't think this was that bad. Geez, Pants how could you forsake me?? Just kidding Happy Holidays to all.

mojotrain
12-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I give up. Didn't think this was that bad. Geez, Pants how could you forsake me?? Just kidding Happy Holidays to all.

Sorry, It was a ligit question and deserved serious opinions. I was just in a funny mood this AM. Merry Christmas to you and yours from the sand hills home of the scarce sand hills lizard.

CjGarcia9
12-22-2011, 07:16 PM
The number 1 I could care less about. It's the stickers on the helmets that piss me off. Lets let everyone know how you never played in one play. Maybe if it was stickers for how hard you worked in practice, I could dig it. The other thing is names on the back of jerseys. Usually its the bad schools that use names and the good schools just leave the back blank.

Actually it's the total opposite.