PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Movies of 2012

stevefoxsc
12-19-2011, 10:43 PM
With 2011 coming to an end 2012 has one bright thing to look forward to. Summer blockbusters a long with a slew of other movies.

I think i can speak for many when i say one of the most anticipated movies of the year is definitely http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GokKUqLcvD8 Dark Knight Rises

Strider324
12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
'The Help' is easily the best film of the year, if you prefer acting over explosions.

You'll never quite look at chocolate cake the same......
:)

ThEgReAtOnE
12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm looking forward to...

Skyfall (James Bond sequel)
Prometheus (Alien prequel)
The Avengers
Wrath of the Titans (Clash of the Titans sequel)
The Dark Knight Rises
The Amazing Spider Man (reboot)
Battleship
Men In Black III
G.I. Joe 2
The Expendables 2
Parker
The Hunger Games
21 Jump Street
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
The Bourne Legacy
Total Recall (remake)
47 Ronin
Gone
Man on a Ledge
Contraband
John Carter
Resident Evil 5
Gangster Squad
Dredd (remake)
Safe House
Sinister
The Raven
Taken 2
Red Dawn (remake)
Underworld Awakening
The Grey
Act of Valor

Many of these movies are remakes, sequels, or adaptations. Some are flat-out original. Looking forward to all of them, when time allows for it.

Strider324
12-20-2011, 09:53 AM
And I'm still hoping hollywood will stop acting like rap 'artists' and actually come up with something new instead of sampling old stuff.....
:(

ThEgReAtOnE
12-20-2011, 01:01 PM
And I'm still hoping hollywood will stop acting like rap 'artists' and actually come up with something new instead of sampling old stuff.....
:(

I would like this generation (ours) to have our own identity. The Matrix is likely the last original, box office smash hit science-fiction film to be made. It wasn't an adaptation or remake... it was purely the mind of the director(s). Those same directors also brought Ninja Assassin to the table (another original film).

If only Hollywood new how successful original films could be! I mean... why remake The Thing (which was already a remake) and Conan? Now you have Totall Recall (cult hit) and Red Dawn (cult hit), both of which were original in the 1980's. I can see why they remade Dredd. The cheesy Stallone version sucked!

I might dabble in the arena, pretty soon.