PDA

View Full Version : La Porte Bulldogs Team Page

LPBulldogBlog
12-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Since we've gained quite a few posters this season we need a place for our folks to congregate.

Next season there are 15 players returning that were on the all-district team.

Our program seems to be on the upward swing.

89lpdog
12-05-2011, 10:20 AM
1) Would like to see them get the center to get his back side up more so our quaterbacks knee isn't 3" off the ground so they can see the defense.
2) Get the plays into the offense sooner so they can make adjustments off what the defense is in, IE: 9 men in the box, etc.
3) Wish they would have gotten #12 more time in the games that they were way ahead in, he is a much better passer than what we have had in a few years, and has good speed also.
4) Don't have our coaches get OVER creative with the play calling to minimize the chance of a mistake, ie: screen pass with a lateral when there was NO need for it.

beezleyb
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
1) Would like to see them get the center to get his back side up more so our quaterbacks knee isn't 3" off the ground so they can see the defense.
2) Get the plays into the offense sooner so they can make adjustments off what the defense is in, IE: 9 men in the box, etc.
3) Wish they would have gotten #12 more time in the games that they were way ahead in, he is a much better passer than what we have had in a few years, and has good speed also.
4) Don't have our coaches get OVER creative with the play calling to minimize the chance of a mistake, ie: screen pass with a lateral when there was NO need for it.

1) I've seen this too, I think this is to minimize errors on the exchange... But I dunno. Also you need to remember that he is pretty short so couldn't really see the defense anyways. Haha!
2) I thought they did a pretty good job this year, much better than years before. Years before it seemed they wouldn't make ANY adjustments.
3) AGREED BIG TIME! I think since it was Vidales's senior year they were letting him finish as QB. It would be hard to take the position away from him at this point though. We will be in good shape next year. I also couldn't believe we couldn't use Garrett effictively as WR and didn't even really line him out during the playoffs...
4) Agreed, LP didn't have the playmakers to really make something out of these types of playcalling. High risk and low reward. We weren't fooling anyone here!

LPBulldogBlog
12-05-2011, 10:50 AM
1. There is no way Jordan Jackson can get that low and successfully handle snaps. I believe this is why there was so many fumbles when he was in the game in garbage time. They will have to make an adjustment here with no more 5-7 QB. Jackson is 6-2 and Victor Holmes is 5-11, maybe 6ft.

2. They did better this year as there were way fewer amounts of delay of game penalties. Also they are not a high tempo offense, but could do some of that next season with more passing involved.

3. He looked really sharp throwing in warm-ups. I think he will get the time he needs this off season and they will have him ready come district play next season. A fully returning offensive line and running backs will help too. Just throw a couple over the top to get that running game going.

4. There was some wild play calls, but they were getting creative due to the over-aggressiveness of the opposing defenses loading up on the running game. Reminds me of Harsin or Chip Kelly. It can be a good thing, but must be executed right.

89lpdog
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
1) I've seen this too, I think this is to minimize errors on the exchange... But I dunno. Also you need to remember that he is pretty short so couldn't really see the defense anyways. Haha!

Even when they put #12, he's about 6', in it was the same thing though. They really need to look at that for next year.

Big Daddy Cool
12-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Right now is definitely a good time to be a Dawgs fan that is for sure. You guys have some real talent coming back next year and shouldn't be taken lightly by anyone that is for certain. I look forward to watching this team develope and hope to see the district stay as competitive as it was this season. That is of course assuming we all stay together which I suspect we will.

89lpdog
12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I look forward to watching this team develope and hope to see the district stay as competitive as it was this season. That is of course assuming we all stay together which I suspect we will.
Rumors have it that they want to move to the Clear Lake district anyone have more details or can confirm this.

89lpdog
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
4. There was some wild play calls, but they were getting creative due to the over-aggressiveness of the opposing defenses loading up on the running game. Reminds me of Harsin or Chip Kelly. It can be a good thing, but must be executed right.
But when your up 21-0 after this first quarter, FB Bush, why do it when they aren't stopping your bread and butter?

LPBulldogBlog
12-05-2011, 12:40 PM
But when your up 21-0 after this first quarter, FB Bush, why do it when they aren't stopping your bread and butter?

That one was a mystery and looked like a broken play. I'm not even sure what they were going for there.

On district realignment, teams are going to be moving, but as it looks now LP would probably stay where they are being a far east side team.

Manvel is moving to 5A as well as League City Clear Falls. Someone will be moving in to the Pasadena schools district (probably Alvin and Manvel or Pearland) and possibly Deer Park may move to the current version of 21-5A. They could do all kinds of things, but I don't think LP has any control or say so where or if they will change districts and I would see it as highly doubtful they go to the Clear Lake. You never know though.

LPBulldogBlog
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Right now is definitely a good time to be a Dawgs fan that is for sure. You guys have some real talent coming back next year and shouldn't be taken lightly by anyone that is for certain. I look forward to watching this team develope and hope to see the district stay as competitive as it was this season. That is of course assuming we all stay together which I suspect we will.

Indeed it is. They were forced into it because of a light senior class, but I think it could turn out to be a blessing the next few years. It was this year. The freshman team was outstanding this year and the 8th grade teams were great too.

RunAwayNightmare
12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Rumors have it that they want to move to the Clear Lake district anyone have more details or can confirm this.

May be possible but bear in mind that Manvel and Friendswood will likely be going to the 5A level which would be right in there area...

RunAwayNightmare
12-05-2011, 01:06 PM

This maybe more of a comfort zone for the QB. I was a center in high school that ran the triple option. We had rotating QBs that liked to be low like that. Because it allowed them to make quicker off of the snap. I dunno if that is the case here, but it could be possible...

I know several people wondered why LP showed so much of their offense during the Bush game when they didn't need to. Simple answer to that question is if they do it, and it works for big yards, It's one more thing an opposing defense has to work on, so that mean less time to focus on LPs bread and butter plays...

89lpdog
12-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Another thing I thought about last night.
Hope they work hard getting the exchange from center to qb fixed. Had ALOT of bad snaps this year that almost cost us some games.

Mr. Rod
12-06-2011, 10:27 AM

Did you finish the "List"? :p

LPBulldogBlog
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
So realignment got me to thinking. What happens in South/East Houston?

You have:
Clear Springs
Clear Lake
Clear Creek
Clear Brook
Clear Falls
Dickinson

Where do these teams go?
Friendswood?? Are they moving to 5A?
Brazoswood
Alvin
Manvel
Pearland

Pasadena
Pasadena Memorial
South Houston
Dobie
Sam Rayburn
Deer Park

La Porte
North Shore
Channelview
Baytown Sterling
Port Arthur Memorial
Beaumont West Brook

How many teams in each district?

LPBulldogBlog
12-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I could see La Porte moving if they do this

Friendswood??
Brazoswood
Alvin
Manvel
Pearland
Dickinson

Clear Springs
Clear Lake
Clear Creek
Clear Brook
Clear Falls
La Porte

Not sure what they do with everyone else in this case though.

BULLDOG 1972
12-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Another thing I thought about last night.
Hope they work hard getting the exchange from center to qb fixed. Had ALOT of bad snaps this year that almost cost us some games.

There wasn't a problem after about 4 or 5 games. I watched all the film from this year. Still not bad for a first year on varisty player that never played center before. Honorable All District. :D

Dawg82
12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
First, GREAT YEAR BULLDOGS!!! I really thought this would be a rebuilding year with all the youth. Boy, was I wrong. Your teamwork overcame many obstacles. Please, continue to grow as a team. The community is behind you all.
For those seniors moving on, thanks! Great years and something to always remember.

As far as 2012:
Personally, I see great returning lines on both sides of the ball with juniors and seniors. If Sophs & Frosh beat you out for playing time, they must be very good and deserving. Welcome them and assist. I see a very strong RB contingent returning. I see a young—but talented—QB stepping in for an underrated senior QB/P. The good news is that the young QB will have all the protection and assistance from the OL and running game he needs to develop.

I see a loss of leadership on the D side of the ball with replacements needed for the LB core & SS. However, LP has always had a strong D and I’m sure some are ready to step in. A leader will need to step up and remember that it’s teamwork and fundamentals again. The DL should be stout. A more experienced secondary will also be a big bonus.

I see a great returning kicking game again.

Coaching—to me—was a bright spot this year. Adjustments were timely and spot on. However, with the new QB, I’d personally love to see more of a 65-35 blend run/pass. The team will need the practice early on to familiarize themselves with a more varied pass/run O. LP needs to be able to throw the 10-15 yard routes well enough to keep opposing D’s honest with a long ball or two in for good measure. I liked the O style this year and the varied run packages presented. Perhaps, we just need to look and continue to develop the passing options off those formations.
I’m really excited about the Bulldogs in 2012 and think opponents are at the least envious, and at the most very nervous…

GREAT SEASON DAWGS!!!:yes:
WOOF !!! WOOF!!!

89lpdog
12-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Does anyone see the D coordinator getting away from the 10+ yard cushion, and then back peddeling to 15, on the corners? I can see a 5-6 yard cushion but the 10+ cushion has got to go. PAM exploited that BIG time.

Dawg82
12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Does anyone see the D coordinator getting away from the 10+ yard cushion, and then back peddeling to 15, on the corners? I can see a 5-6 yard cushion but the 10+ cushion has got to go. PAM exploited that BIG time.Hope so with a more experienced secondary in 2012. There were many times I was hoping for bump coverage since the DL & LB's were in so quickly. Timing for the opposing O would have been shot to heck. I'm not a big fan of the +10 for HS.

Perhaps the +10 was due to the speed factor of PAM in this specific game II matchup? Although, other opponents weren't near the threat and similar coverage was employed...

Hopefully, with the returning experience in the secondary, adjustments will be looked at per specific opponents.

LPBulldogBlog
12-08-2011, 09:19 AM
The bump and run coverage really helped against Katy, it gave the front 7 that extra second to get to the QB. The corners were experienced enough late in the season to play closer.

I'm really excited about having a throwing QB in there. He's already running patterns after school with his receivers. If he can just hit open targets teams can't load the box like they have been and the offense will be unstoppable. The o-line should be able to keep him clean. They're going to be really good with another offseason of conditioning.

89lpdog
12-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Heard a rumor that some kid from Chavez HS is moving to the LP area in the spring and the coaches are eyeing him as being the next QB and over looking #12. Can anyone shed some light on this? This would be a HUGE mistake if he is another running QB, Teams will load the box with 9 like PAM and Katy did. I would like to see them go with #12 sure he may not be as fast as #14 was but he has a HUGE upside in that he will be able to see the field over the O line and hit the receivers ON time in their routes. From the limited playing time he was given he looks as if he does have good speed and would be able to run the boot legs to either side of the field and be able to scramble if called onto.

LPBulldogBlog
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Heard a rumor that some kid from Chavez HS is moving to the LP area in the spring and the coaches are eyeing him as being the next QB and over looking #12. Can anyone shed some light on this? This would be a HUGE mistake if he is another running QB, Teams will load the box with 9 like PAM and Katy did. I would like to see them go with #12 sure he may not be as fast as #14 was but he has a HUGE upside in that he will be able to see the field over the O line and hit the receivers ON time in their routes. From the limited playing time he was given he looks as if he does have good speed and would be able to run the boot legs to either side of the field and be able to scramble if called onto.

I haven't heard anything about that. I'm sure the coaches know what they're doing either way.

At the beginning of the season they had #1 as the QB of the future. I guess #12 grew some and showed some great work ethic to work his way in.

Dawg82
12-08-2011, 11:25 AM
#1 could be a fantastic corner if he focused on that. He could also add a wonderful dimension as a 3rd down scatback. He should already be a key KO returner. Of course, as a 3rd down scatback, the OC would need to have plays to take advantage. I have visions of Snyder coached Kansas State teams...talk about a coach that gets more out of less...

#12 has yet to prove himself in varsity play. His chance to prove will come. He has the build. Does he have the talent and desire to prove? As far as that goes, does the OC have the plays and guts to take advantage? I think it would be nice to finally have a QB that might actually be able to see over the OL.

As far as any supposed move-ins, I won't address other than to say, there's a rumor out that I'm hooking up with Salma Hayek.:D

BULLDOG 1972
12-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I think this spring will be huge for #12. He needs to get used to the speed and mental game of varsity play. If he can do that I see a very big upside to him. He is a great young man with a great head on those shoulders.

BULLDOG 1972
12-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I am worried about replacing the key seniors on defense!!! Will be hard too do #41,45,35,25, & 5!!! Some guys are going to have to step up BIG TIME!!!

Dawg82
12-08-2011, 11:54 AM
I am worried about replacing the key seniors on defense!!! Will be hard too do #41,45,35,25, & 5!!! Some guys are going to have to step up BIG TIME!!!DITTO x 1000!!! Although, the DL & Secondary can hopefully cover during growth in preseason.

LPBulldogBlog
12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
From everything I've heard #47 will slip into one of the MLB spots.

The others are up for grabs, but I assume someone will be groomed for these positions over the offseason in the weight room.

Dawg82
12-08-2011, 01:02 PM
From everything I've heard #47 will slip into one of the MLB spots.

The others are up for grabs, but I assume someone will be groomed for these positions over the offseason in the weight room.Good player. Team player. Good size. Excellent fit to replace #41. What have you seen from JV move-ups?

BULLDOG 1972
12-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Just watched film on Chavez kid. He will be a senior next year. I thought when someone moves they have to sit out a year? If not he looks real good on film. He is about 6'3" 215lb very fast!!!:D

LPBulldogBlog
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Good player. Team player. Good size. Excellent fit to replace #41. What have you seen from JV move-ups?

I don't know much about the JV. Most of the impact Sophomores were on varsity. The freshman A team was loaded and I think they had two losses (PAM & KF) and one tie (NS).

LPBulldogBlog
12-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Just watched film on Chavez kid. He will be a senior next year. I thought when someone moves they have to sit out a year? If not he looks real good on film. He is about 6'3" 215lb very fast!!!:D

What number?

No sitting out at high schools. If your family moves to a city you can play football there.

BULLDOG 1972
12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
If I am watching the correct film his number is #2 Demun Mercer.

dada
12-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I can find out if Mercer is transferring......I doubt it, but you never know.

LPBulldogBlog
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I can find out if Mercer is transferring......I doubt it, but you never know.

My sources (his twitter) says probably not.

He could be a pretty highly recruited player.

dada
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
My sources (his twitter) says probably not.

He could be a pretty highly recruited player.

Great Player....his Brother was Jafus Gaines, a pretty decent WR at Chavez. Not sure if he was injured or not this year, but his numbers were WAAAYYYY Down.....but up great numbers as a soph. almost 1700 passing and close to 1000 rushing.

griggie1969
12-09-2011, 05:57 AM
you guys are class acts and will be the favorites next year along with north shore, pam will be taking a big hit next year we must replace entire oline except the center the whole backfield and on the defense we losing the entire lb core so im enjoying the moment while it last it isnt guaranteed but i think the dawgs will make a run yall just need to get a passing game going yall got the athletes to do it

LPBulldogBlog
12-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Great Player....his Brother was Jafus Gaines, a pretty decent WR at Chavez. Not sure if he was injured or not this year, but his numbers were WAAAYYYY Down.....but up great numbers as a soph. almost 1700 passing and close to 1000 rushing.

He looks very impressive on Hudl. Would be a game changing WR.

LPBulldogBlog
12-09-2011, 09:44 AM
you guys are class acts and will be the favorites next year along with north shore, pam will be taking a big hit next year we must replace entire oline except the center the whole backfield and on the defense we losing the entire lb core so im enjoying the moment while it last it isnt guaranteed but i think the dawgs will make a run yall just need to get a passing game going yall got the athletes to do it

I'm always surprised by how alignment goes and I expect this season will be no different. I'm hoping La Porte stays in the same district and I think the coaches feel the same way.

Big Daddy Cool
12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
there's a rumor out that I'm hooking up with Salma Hayek.:D

Yeah and then you woke up in a pool of your own drool right?:notworthy

Mr. Rod
12-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah and then you woke up in a pool of your own drool right?:notworthy

Yeah, that's what that was.... drool. :eek:

Dawg82
12-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Has anyone heard any word on possible 2012 predistrict opponents?

Dawg82
12-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that's what that was.... drool. :eek:What are you doing invading my dreams?:p

Mr. Rod
12-10-2011, 11:54 AM
What are you doing invading my dreams?:p

Walked in by mistake, was trying to get into Salma Hayek's.

Cliff Palate
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Has anyone heard any word on possible 2012 predistrict opponents?

the only confirmed nondistrict are:

Clear Brook
Clear Springs
Deer Park

Dawg82
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM

Clear Brook
Clear Springs
Deer ParkThanks. Should answer some questions about possible realignment also. All 3 would seem to be very good games!

cougmantx
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Walked in by mistake, was trying to get into Salma Hayek's.

...beat ya to it and she said to tell you hi...:rofl:

Mr. Rod
12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
...beat ya to it and she said to tell you hi...:rofl:

Well, ain't that just ducky. :eek:

Dawg82
12-11-2011, 04:09 PM
...beat ya to it and she said to tell you hi...:rofl:Be careful...watch your step...it could be slippery!:D gotta go...Mama just slapped me on the head...married life is wonderful...I love you dear...I worship you dear...ouch...ooch...you're always right dear...

Eventually devolving into..."Huh? oh yeah...didn't hear you love...yep...love you too...";)
It's off-season now. I sure hope the boys are working harder than we are to pass the time 'til next KO.

Dawg82
12-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Well, ain't that just ducky. :eek:Not a thread posted Katy fans won't jump into. You know that! Heck, even the Katy thread for non-Katy posters is having a tough time keeping Katy posters in the minority.:eek:

Big Daddy Cool
12-11-2011, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Dawg82]It's off-season now.QUOTE]

Did you really have to go and remind us of that fact you jack wagon? :mad::mad:

LPBulldogBlog
12-13-2011, 10:30 AM

Clear Brook
Clear Springs
Deer Park

Three playoff teams. I think Deer Park is confirmed whether there is a shift in alignment or not. This is probably all they will schedule until realignment comes out.

89lpdog
12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
What is the time frame for District Realignment? March-April?

LPBulldogBlog
12-13-2011, 11:49 AM
What is the time frame for District Realignment? March-April?

February 2nd is the date that realignment is released. Schedules are finalized after that date.

ktCarl
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Be careful...watch your step...it could be slippery!:D gotta go...Mama just slapped me on the head...married life is wonderful...I love you dear...I worship you dear...ouch...ooch...you're always right dear...

Eventually devolving into..."Huh? oh yeah...didn't hear you love...yep...love you too...";)
It's off-season now. I sure hope the boys are working harder than we are to pass the time 'til next KO.

Are we not men?! WE ARE DEVO!

Dawg82
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Are we not men?! WE ARE DEVO!huh? Can't hear you dear...speak into my good ear...oh crud! You're not my dear...where's my cheaters! I can't see...darn it...

Ouch...Yes, I saw that love...I'm here...I was distracted by the...ummm...nevermind...

Love you too...and LP will whip Katy in 2012...yep...:p
(Get outta my lights Carl, the glow from your head's blocking the view.):D

ktCarl
12-13-2011, 12:19 PM
huh? Can't hear you dear...speak into my good ear...oh crud! You're not my dear...where's my cheaters! I can't see...darn it...

Ouch...Yes, I saw that love...I'm here...I was distracted by the...ummm...nevermind...

Love you too...and LP will whip Katy in 2012...yep...:p Nah. Ya'll are just another in the short line of one time Katy whippers. You have a few more months to revel in it. Enjoy it. :p

(Get outta my lights Carl, the glow from your head's blocking the view.):D

Next time I'll paste rhinestones on my head and watch you and your better half do some disco dancing.

Dawg82
12-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Next time I'll paste rhinestones on my head and watch you and your better half do some disco dancing."Everybody was kung foo figghhhttinggg...ditty ditty dum dum dum dum dee!:D"

ray1301
12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Disco = Bored to tears cause your team is not playing for the CS.

Give me some Led Zeppelin any day.

And earlier in the year when I made the statement about going to deer camp early... Well, I got extra hunting time in these year.

Dawg82
12-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Disco = Bored to tears cause your team is not playing for the CS.

Give me some Led Zeppelin any day.

And earlier in the year when I made the statement about going to deer camp early... Well, I got extra hunting time in these year.It would be SC. I prefer George Strait. Can't help with Deer season...thought they had it this year...:D

ray1301
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
It would be SC. I prefer George Strait. Can't help with Deer season...thought they had it this year...:D

I like George Strait as well. Can't wait to see how the QB situation is going to shake out at La Porte.

Do you think the passing game will increase next year? Wow would that open up the offense!
Any speedy WR's coming up that can catch? No sense in having speed if they can't catch. BTW I'm not indicating that the LP WR's cannot catch just echoing what I have seen at Katy and other schools in the past

Dawg82
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I like George Strait as well. Can't wait to see how the QB situation is going to shake out at La Porte.

Do you think the passing game will increase next year? Wow would that open up the offense!
Any speedy WR's coming up that can catch? No sense in having speed if they can't catch. BTW I'm not indicating that the LP WR's cannot catch just echoing what I have seen at Katy and other schools in the pastAll I will say is that LP should be in fine shape for the next few years.:D

BTW...this isn't a homer pick entirely. LP has some great talent returning and good talent upcoming. They were a young squad this year. If they continue to meld as a team--put individuality aside--they are easily a force in 2012/13 at least. Stay tuned...

89lpdog
12-13-2011, 04:16 PM
All I will say is that LP should be in fine shape for the next few years.:D

BTW...this isn't a homer pick entirely. LP has some great talent returning and good talent upcoming. They were a young squad this year. If they continue to meld as a team--put individuality aside--they are easily a force in 2012/13 at least. Stay tuned...
I will agree with you 100% on that. This years team played exactly like that a TEAM and I hope they continue that trait. Back in the days with C. Richards, O. Taylor, L. Harper and those guys they also played as a Team.
If we can get some of the younger guys to step up next year on the defensive side, to replace the outgoing Seniors, we should be in good shape. I like the look of the offense if we can get a 60-40 split on the Run/Pass ratio.
Go Dawgs!!

LPBulldogBlog
12-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I've got the scholarship vids up on the blog. I post them as soon as I get them from Dr. Redd.

So far we have Aaron Nance-Garrett, Victor Holmes, Cameron Whilley and Hoza Scott up.

Scott is a turnover causing machine. Still can't believe we have him for two more years.

Mr. Rod
12-24-2011, 12:33 AM
I've got the scholarship vids up on the blog. I post them as soon as I get them from Dr. Redd.

So far we have Aaron Nance-Garrett, Victor Holmes, Cameron Whilley and Hoza Scott up.

Scott is a turnover causing machine. Still can't believe we have him for two more years.

Believe it and be thankful. Players like Hoza don't around as often as we would like. Kid's got a great future ahead of him. :p

89lpdog
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Any rumor updates on possible district moves?

Mr. Rod
12-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Any rumor updates on possible district moves?

According to Carl Padilla, Deer Park may be moving in.

District:
Deer Park
PA Memorial
La Porte
North Shore
Baytown Sterling
Westbrook
Channelview

Looks like 21-5A will drop to 4 districts games instead of 5.

Also he has Manvel and Alvin moving into 22-5A.

Dawg82
12-29-2011, 06:32 AM
According to Carl Padilla, Deer Park may be moving in.

District:
Deer Park
PA Memorial
La Porte
North Shore
Baytown Sterling
Westbrook
Channelview

Looks like 21-5A will drop to 4 districts games instead of 5.

Also he has Manvel and Alvin moving into 22-5A.The Deer would be a welcome addition in all extracurricular activities. They also already have rivalries with NS & LP and the geography makes the most sense for PAM & BWB.

Big Daddy Cool
12-29-2011, 12:13 PM
They also already have rivalries with NS & LP.

They have a rivialry with you guys, they have a hatred for us because they have never beaten us since Aymond and Massey have been the head coaches.

Dawg82
12-29-2011, 12:22 PM
They have a rivialry with you guys, they have a hatred for us because they have never beaten us since Aymond and Massey have been the head coaches.If the Deer move into 21-5A as some predict, it will be a rivalry/hatred split multiple ways.:box:

Big Daddy Cool
12-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Can one district stand all the hatred this district would have? I mean PAM hates West Brooke, you guys and us. Deer Park hates us and you guys. And Sterling hates everyone because we won't let them win a district game.

LPSweatthawg
01-01-2012, 01:51 PM
This was such an awesome time to be a La Porte Bulldog!

1987 40-0 State Basketball Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DI1lSMDYnE&feature=share

Big Daddy Cool
01-06-2012, 08:35 PM
So may be one of you with insider knowledge can clear this up for me. I heard the other day that Todd Dodge was coming to La Porte.

LPSweatthawg
01-06-2012, 10:39 PM
He is not coming to La Porte from what I have been told. Here is an article on him.

http://www.ihigh.com/vype8-5a/article_100303.html

Dawg82
01-08-2012, 09:08 AM
That's funny right there BDC...that's funny...
I heard he was interested in North Shore...:D

Big Daddy Cool
01-08-2012, 02:43 PM
I'be willing to bet there isn't a head coach or assitant coach in the state that wouldn't jump at our head coaching spot if it were offered to them. Ok so may be there are a few that are pleasantly happy where they are ie.. Josephs at Katy or the Lake Travis coach.

Dawg82
01-12-2012, 08:10 AM
BlogMaster--
Are you going to start a 2012 21-5A thread once realignment is known? I've already got a pecking order with/without DP as an addition...

Dawg82
01-12-2012, 08:18 AM
I'be willing to bet there isn't a head coach or assitant coach in the state that wouldn't jump at our head coaching spot if it were offered to them. Ok so may be there are a few that are pleasantly happy where they are ie.. Josephs at Katy or the Lake Travis coach.Interesting. NS is a job I wouldn't want if I was a coach...
Yes, the talent is there--and should be in abundance in 2012/13--but the name brings with it expectations of immediacy, and I'm not sold on the community support. NS is different in some aspects that it's a very large enrollment school, has a history and tradition, but--I'm sorry--lackluster fans for the most part. The "town" doesn't get into it. In fact, what's the "town?"

You've been to LP games. It's just a different atmosphere. LP IS a town and comes out in force on football nights...
No slam intended as you know. Just a different situation.

LPBulldogBlog
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
BlogMaster--
Are you going to start a 2012 21-5A thread once realignment is known? I've already got a pecking order with/without DP as an addition...

I can start one. I was waiting for realignment.

I know if I start one before realignment that the UIL will hit the projections in the mouth and stick us back in with the Pasadena schools.

My thoughts for next season if projections are true:
1.North Shore
2.La Porte
3.PAM
4.Deer Park
5.West Brook
6.Channelview
7.Sterling (very possible to jump Channelview)

I have a little training video I got yesterday from Mr Jackson (Soph QB's Dad)
http://yfrog.com/137h3z

Video is sideways, but as you can see they're working their tails off this offseason.

Dawg82
01-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I can start one. I was waiting for realignment.

I know if I start one before realignment that the UIL will hit the projections in the mouth and stick us back in with the Pasadena schools.

My thoughts for next season if projections are true:
1.North Shore
2.La Porte
3.PAM
4.Deer Park
5.West Brook
6.Channelview
7.Sterling (very possible to jump Channelview)

I have a little training video I got yesterday from Mr Jackson (Soph QB's Dad)
http://yfrog.com/137h3z

Video is sideways, but as you can see they're working their tails off this offseason.I think Jackson will be the missing ingredient. He needs to keep working.
My thoughts:
1/2. La Porte/NS (Toss-up)
3. Deer Park
4. PAM
5. Sterling
6. Westbrook
7. Channelview

Order of games played against who may make a difference. Obviously, I'm seeing a slight shake-up due to some coaching changes and major graduations.

LPBulldogBlog
01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
La Porte will have more depth than ever next season with such a small senior football class leaving.

La Porte lost some starters on defense. Linebacker replacement will be key.
North Shore is returning many impact players including QB Thomas
Port Arthur will be losing a lot. Incoming QB Fisk looks like a stud.
Deer Park is losing all of their skill players except WR Luna.
West Brook ??? Who even knows what they will do with the coaching change? QB Clack looked promising for next season.
Channelview is losing all of their skill players. Who do they have coming up? Back to 0-10 or 1-9?
Sterling is returning a bunch of players including WR Gibson. How will their running offense match up against all of these great defenses?

The more I think about it the more I think Sterling will be competitive next season. I don't think they will have the D to compete for the playoffs though.

Dawg82
01-12-2012, 11:32 AM
La Porte will have more depth than ever next season with such a small senior football class leaving.

La Porte lost some starters on defense. Linebacker replacement will be key.
North Shore is returning many impact players including QB Thomas
Port Arthur will be losing a lot. Incoming QB Fisk looks like a stud.
Deer Park is losing all of their skill players except WR Luna.
West Brook ??? Who even knows what they will do with the coaching change? QB Clack looked promising for next season.
Channelview is losing all of their skill players. Who do they have coming up? Back to 0-10 or 1-9?
Sterling is returning a bunch of players including WR Gibson. How will their running offense match up against all of these great defenses?

The more I think about it the more I think Sterling will be competitive next season. I don't think they will have the D to compete for the playoffs though.I'm sticking with Sterling 5th. I think their continuity--in the 2nd year with some talent--will make some inroads while some others are losing coaches, players, etc. I wouldn't bet against Massey as a gameplanner. DP has the enrollment to find talent to replace.

Of course, as I think about it, DP/PAM may be a toss-up. I'd give DP the edge because PAM lost so much on the lines and LB core. D will rule in 21-5A as usual.

If I were to rank the D's this early:
1. LP/NS tossup
2. DP
3. BWB
4. PAM
5. Sterling
6. Channelview

Just my thoughts.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm sticking with Sterling 5th. I think their continuity--in the 2nd year with some talent--will make some inroads while some others are losing coaches, players, etc. I wouldn't bet against Massey as a gameplanner. DP has the enrollment to find talent to replace.

Of course, as I think about it, DP/PAM may be a toss-up. I'd give DP the edge because PAM lost so much on the lines and LB core. D will rule in 21-5A as usual.

If I were to rank the D's this early:
1. LP/NS tossup
2. DP
3. BWB
4. PAM
5. Sterling
6. Channelview

Just my thoughts.

I agree. Defensively, though... I think PAM will still be pretty salty. I say LP, NS, and PAM... in that order. DP wasn't impressive when I saw them in 2011, and BWB has fallen off. Trust me... they have a long way to go. Sterling and C-view will be themselves.

Dawg82
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I agree. Defensively, though... I think PAM will still be pretty salty. I say LP, NS, and PAM... in that order. DP wasn't impressive when I saw them in 2011, and BWB has fallen off. Trust me... they have a long way to go. Sterling and C-view will be themselves.If as 82 says in another thread that the current LB coach takes the head spot, I'd expect BWB to have more of an emphasis on D in 2012. They return more on D than PAM. D and Special Teams will win in 21-5A. O's will be the accessory--so to speak.
It also must be noted that--if 21-5A includes DP--4 major rivalries will be involved. DP/NS/LP/PAM. (I'd include PAM/BWB, but I don't know the full story.) I can't think of too many situations in districts involving this much hatred. I think BDC mentioned this already. Any of these games could go either way.

LPBulldogBlog
01-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Interesting tidbit here: http://baytownsun.com/sports/article_f1d844a8-3d7d-11e1-8619-0019bb2963f4.html

Baytown Lee is "academically unacceptable". This allows students to transfer to other schools.

Not sure if transferring would be limited to inside the GCISD limits (Sterling or GC Memorial).

Athletes and students, if they have transportation can transfer to other schools.

Wonder if La Porte would be in the mix for any of them?

I assume they would transfer to other GCISD schools, but wonder what the rules are?

Big Daddy Cool
01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm thinking they would have to transfer within the school district as you said. Which I'm sure most have already done if they were serious about football at the next level. Honestly with what you guys already have I can really see Lee having anyone that would be better than what you already have.

LPBulldogBlog
01-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Lee has some good talent, contrary to their record. The least depth I have ever seen though.

Big Daddy Cool
01-17-2012, 04:14 PM
And that's sad seeing as they used to have pretty good numbers. It just seems like once Olin left everything fell apart. Of course most say it was falling apart and that's why he left the way he did. And a third school didn't do them or Sterling any favors at all.

BULLDOG 1972
01-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Just got back from our football banquet and the future looks bright! When the seniors stood up front I realized only 6 players actually played big roles on this team. So much talent coming back!!! Still worried about replacing those seniors on defense and who is going to play QB? I think #12 might be able too do it but that's what spring football and 7 on 7 is for. He needs to prove himself. And I think he will. I would love to keep #1 on defense but if #12 can't get it done #1 will have to make that move. Not for sure there is anyone behind these two guys at QB at the lower levels. Besides to be quite honest with the running backs we have just turn and hand off it got us 12-2 and in Reliant Stadium. We have three All-District lineman and the other two will be All-District next year. I am not saying we don't need to mix it up but we have always been a running team. Can't wait for spring ball!!!:)

thebone79
01-23-2012, 10:00 AM
I heard a disturbing rumor yesterday and I hope that's all it is. I heard that #21 was transferring to DP along with his father getting a new gig there. Has anyone else heard this???:eek:

LPSweatthawg
01-24-2012, 09:25 AM
I heard a disturbing rumor yesterday and I hope that's all it is. I heard that #21 was transferring to DP along with his father getting a new gig there. Has anyone else heard this???:eek: I checked with a few people that would know or could find out and they have heard nothing. I doubt very seriously that Whitely would move to DP. I would give no credence to that rumor!

LPBulldogBlog
01-24-2012, 09:40 AM
No truth and no doubt started by some idiot Deer Park fan!

Big Daddy Cool
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Of course he wouldn't go to Deer Park, but he might come to North Shore. As I've said I plan on doing some recruiting and he and Hoza are both on my list as well as Medina since we really need a kicker.

LPSweatthawg
01-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Of course he wouldn't go to Deer Park, but he might come to North Shore. As I've said I plan doing some recruiting and he and Hoza are both on my list as well as Medina since we really need a kicker.

Them's fighting words!:box:

RunAwayNightmare
01-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Just found an interesting article in the Galveston County daily news that has Deer Park Head Coach Chris Massey, North Shore Defensive Coordinator John Kay, and Fort Bend Hightower head coach Barry Abercrombie are all finalists for the Texas City head coaching job.... interesting..... here is the article http://galvestondailynews.com/story/288022

Dawg82
01-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Does anyone have any idea on Texas City as far as Academically Acceptable and/or enrollment for new realignment? Seems like a few coaching moves being locally made/tried this year. La Porte has tended to have continuity other than Mills. I hope it continues. It's one of the keys that LP has had that helps compete at the 5A level with the program size.

Big Daddy Cool
01-25-2012, 11:22 AM
If Kay were to be selected it would certainly be a big blow to us that is for sure. A lof of people only think of as being a defensive coach, but I can tell you he has a good offensive mind as well. I'm hoping they don't pick him, but if they do I know he'll do a good job.

LPBulldogBlog
01-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I heard the same about Massey and Texas City from a LP coach.

It doesn't really make sense to me that he would want that move from one of the top 20 populated HS's in the state to a 4A school in one of the toughest districts in the state.

I think DP folks won't be too sad about it though.

With the right coach DP could be a superior program.

TCHS has a "recognized" status. A step above "acceptable".

Dawg82
01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Just found an interesting article in the Galveston County daily news that has Deer Park Head Coach Chris Massey, North Shore Defensive Coordinator John Kay, and Fort Bend Hightower head coach Barry Abercrombie are all finalists for the Texas City head coaching job.... interesting..... here is the article http://galvestondailynews.com/story/288022Interesting to say the least. Massey, Abercrombie, and Kay (sounds like a Law Firm!) all have very good gigs at 5A level schools. Surovik and Nelms would debatably improve their personal position. This is only true if TC gains in their academic situation. I don't tend to put much stock into GDN, and--if true--this story could be big news.

My thoughts:

Massey would have a hard time relating to TC kids and it would be a step down to 4A or less.
Kay should be in line at NS for HC/AD.
Abercrombie and Hightower generally has good talent. Are they moving to 4A? For that matter, what the heck is going on in FBISD?

Dawg82
01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I heard the same about Massey and Texas City from a LP coach.

It doesn't really make sense to me that he would want that move from one of the top 20 populated HS's in the state to a 4A school in one of the toughest districts in the state.

I think DP folks won't be too sad about it though.

With the right coach DP could be a superior program.

TCHS has a "recognized" status. A step above "acceptable".Massey's supposedly been gone every year DP loses to LP. It's like the Red River Rivalry stuff. I must be thinking of La Marque on the academic status...

LPBulldogBlog
01-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Massey's supposedly been gone every year DP loses to LP. It's like the Red River Rivalry stuff. I must be thinking of La Marque on the academic status...

Personally I would like Massey to stick around at DP as long as possible ;)

With their enrollment advantages they should be winning more than one playoff game in however many years it's been since their last one.

Big Daddy Cool
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
You woul think Kay is our coach in waiting, but as we have seen recently some times the head coach in waiting decides he doesn't want to wait and takes a head coaching job when its offered to him.

LPBulldogBlog
01-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Deer Park won a playoff game this past season. Before that it was 2002 and 1994.

1988 they went 3 rounds, before that it was 1959 State Championship season.

LPBulldogBlog
01-25-2012, 11:40 AM
You woul think Kay is our coach in waiting, but as we have seen recently some times the head coach in waiting decides he doesn't want to wait and takes a head coaching job when its offered to him.

If I was Kay I would stay at North Shore and see what plays out after this season. I just think TC is a program in decline.

Dawg82
01-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Personally I would like Massey to stick around at DP as long as possible ;)

With their enrollment advantages they should be winning more than one playoff game in however many years it's been since their last one.:yes::rofl::notworthy to your first...
As far as your second statement, IMO DP is a weak southeast sister to the Woods. (Similar mentality and population attitude.)

DP needs a coach to come in and really instill some attitude. I'm not sure the community will allow though. Heck, I'm not sure it would take with the team.

They can continue to look down on us in LP, NS, etc. from their perch as far as I'm concerned. Meantime, I'll still assist/direct them in their job duties M-F.;)

LPBulldogBlog
01-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Soph QB Jackson racked up the best QB award at the recent NUC Air Raid camp.

pic.twitter.com/6yMjORKr (http://pic.twitter.com/6yMjORKr)

Also...

Rumors are that PAM coach Harrison was offered the UH receivers coach position. There was a report he accepted and another report that he has not accepted yet.

Think Todd Dodge didn't wait long enough. He would have killed it with PAM.

Big Daddy Cool
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
If he goes I wonder if he'll take his Xbox controller with him?

Dawg82
02-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I understand you can get an extended usb cable, or wireless...

LPBulldogBlog
02-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm sure UH has plenty of Xbox controllers lying around.

Dawg82
02-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm sure UH has plenty of Xbox controllers lying around.On a side note, Dickinson should be good in 2012. Snelson can turn the Gators around quick. Any word on TC?

LPBulldogBlog
02-01-2012, 09:16 AM
On a side note, Dickinson should be good in 2012. Snelson can turn the Gators around quick. Any word on TC?

I think Snelson will definitely have a dynamic offense with Dickinson. Get the right D coach and they could make some noise.

TC hired Columbia HC Leland Surovik. Massey may turn to Friendswood or Santa Fe or Alvin. Doubt it though.

Big Daddy Cool
02-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Someone other than Kay being hired at TC is certainly good news to hear. As I said not that I don't think he is deserving of a head coaching job. I'd prefer him to stay with us and take over when ever Aymond decides to retire. As for Massey I'd stay where I was as opposed to any of the other schools mentioned.

LPBulldogBlog
02-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I hear Rayburn's coach went with Snelson to Dickinson.

Lots of openings in SE Houston.

BULLDOG 1972
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
What I can't believe is that I haven't heard about any of our defensive seniors going to play college anywhere. DI DII DII NAIA JUCO nothing. #41 45 5 35 25 87!!! I think we had the best defense in #21-5A. And one of the best in the state.:mad:

LPBulldogBlog
02-01-2012, 02:20 PM
What I can't believe is that I haven't heard about any of our defensive seniors going to play college anywhere. DI DII DII NAIA JUCO nothing. #41 45 5 35 25 87!!! I think we had the best defense in #21-5A. And one of the best in the state.:mad:

I agree. Not sure what the deal is. I've sent videos all over. I know LP's success wasn't all coaching.

Dawg82
02-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Someone's missing out on some very good talent with those young men!

On a personal--very excited note--Dawg Jr. graduates from USN Nuclear Power School in Charleston tomorrow. Top 25% of his class. Carrying on the family tradition of service. In our family pictures, he'll be the one glowing...

Way to go Dawg Jr.!!!:yes::notworthy

Cliff Palate
02-02-2012, 08:06 AM
#5 Aaron Garrett signed with Watchita Baptist yesterday.

Cliff Palate
02-02-2012, 08:10 AM
correction: it's spelled Ouachita, and it's in Arkansas

LPBulldogBlog
02-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Correct it is the Ouachita Tigers out of Arkansas.

Hearing Blake Turlington signed with Cisco Jr College, but no confirmation there.

Sutherland and Whilley got no offers. Unbelievable. Coaches dropped the ball there.

Hickey has a visit coming up and hoping he will get an offer.

Dawg82
02-02-2012, 09:29 AM
New 2012 21-5A thread posted in main forum. Got excited...couldn't wait...was worried someone might sneak in and put us in 22. Whew!!!
(Although, Pearland & Manvel made 22 a big step up.)

LPBulldogBlog
02-02-2012, 09:32 AM
New 2012 21-5A thread posted in main forum. Got excited...couldn't wait...was worried someone might sneak in and put us in 22. Whew!!!
(Although, Pearland & Manvel made 22 a big step up.)

Deer Park better get their hard hats on.

LPBulldogBlog
02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
So, with Clear Brook and Clear Springs on the pre-season radar. Who does LP go after for their other 2 games?

I'd like Pearland or Dobie or even take a step up to you know who.

LPBulldogBlog
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Unofficially I hear our other 2 non-district opponents will be:

South Houston
Atascocita

Dawg82
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Unofficially I hear our other 2 non-district opponents will be:

South Houston
AtascocitaI believe we have to have an off-week. Out of those mentioned, I'd be excited about Springs, Pearland & Atascocita.

Springs is always explosive. Pearland is always solid and we have a limited history--but typically close games. Atascocita has talent, and with Stump there, it could be interesting.

LPBulldogBlog
02-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Ive just been told no on Atascocita and instead Brazoswood

Dawg82
02-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Ive just been told no on Atascocita and instead BrazoswoodAaawwww...Stump doesn't want to come out and play?;) jk

Big Daddy Cool
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
We all need to go play DFW teams since they are three thousands levels ahead of any Houston area team.

LPBulldogBlog
02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
DFW wins all of the state championships every year, right?

I doubt Atascocita wanted to see LP on the schedule again. I'm sure Clements feels the same.

So we have:
South Houston
Clear Brook
Clear Springs
Brazoswood

Not sure what order they will be in. Can't wait to see a schedule.

LPBulldogBlog
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
So our scrimmage opponent has changed: :)

**drum-roll**

Pearland Dawson

That's exciting.

LPBulldogBlog
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
UNOFFICIAL SCHEDULE:

Scrimmage -Pearland Dawson TBA
Week 0 Clear Brook - Home
Week 1 South Houston - Away
Week 2 Clear Springs - Home
Week 3 Brazoswood - Away
Week 4 Baytown Sterling - Home
Week 5 Beaumont West Brook - Away
Week 6 Bye
Week 7 Deer Park - Home
Week 8 Channelview - Away
Week 9 North Shore - Home
Week 10 Port Arthur Memorial - Away

Heavy travel schedule this season, overall I think the bye week is in a very good spot.

Hope there isn't any changes.

Big Daddy Cool
02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Here's our non district schedule for those interested.

Clear Springs

Manvel

Cinco Ranch

Madison

Dawg82
02-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Here's our non district schedule for those interested.

Clear Springs

Manvel

Cinco Ranch

MadisonThat's a good schedule when combined with 21-5A District. CS will test both of our D's. Manvel's tough as is CR. Blogmaster says we have P Dawson in scrimmage. I'd correlate to Manvel talent level.

Y'all have Madison and we have South Houston. This is going to be a very interesting year.

LPBulldogBlog
02-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Senior Signing Update:

Aaron Nance-Garrett - Ouachita College in Arkansas
Chris Hickey - Howard Payne in Brownwood
Chad Sutherland - Unsigned
Cameron Whilley - Unsigned
Blake Turlington - Hearing Cisco JC, but unconfirmed
Tyrone Graves - Unsigned
Josh Vidales - UH Baseball

Chad and Cameron have been in contact with Texas State and Sam Houston. Possible they will walk on at Texas State. They really should have a scholarship somewhere.

Also there is a combine for unsigned players on Feb 19th in Houston. www.tinyurl.com/fbshowcase
www.tinyurl.com/showcaseinfo

Dawg82
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
I haven't seen the official schedule posted yet on LPISD site. Any word other than your initial posting?

LPBulldogBlog
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen the official schedule posted yet on LPISD site. Any word other than your initial posting?

I'm pretty sure that is it. They were waiting for objections to the realignment. Deer Park may not have liked it though :D

I'll check with coach Nelms

Big Daddy Cool
02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Of course Deer Park doesn't like having to play you guys or us in district play. They enjoy not being in the same district as us that way they can win a title.

LPBulldogBlog
02-10-2012, 02:10 PM
It is official:

Week 3 Brazoswood - Away
Week 6 Bye
Week 7 Deer Park - Home

Mr. Rod
02-10-2012, 02:42 PM
It is official:

Week 3 Brazoswood - Away
Week 6 Bye
Week 7 Deer Park - Home

Are all the games on Friday? Any dates?

Dawg82
02-10-2012, 03:28 PM
It is official:

Week 3 Brazoswood - Away
Week 6 Bye
Week 7 Deer Park - Home
Week 10 Port Arthur Memorial - AwayI'm looking forward to seeing CV's new stadium.

Big Daddy Cool
02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing that mean old Dawg barking like crazy during that week 9 game. :yes:

LPBulldogBlog
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Are all the games on Friday? Any dates?

They haven't released dates/times yet.

Dawg82
02-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Congrats to the Lady Dawgs BB team on their come-from-behind Bi-District win over South Houston last night. Way to battle through Ladies!:yes:

LPBulldogBlog
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Congrats to the Lady Dawgs BB team on their come-from-behind Bi-District win over South Houston last night. Way to battle through Ladies!:yes:

I saw that and indeed congrats! Now they get to face Hightower who only had one loss in that basketball hot bed FBISD. Hope they can pull the shocker.

Dawg82
02-18-2012, 08:24 AM
The Lady Dawgs BB team fell last night to a powerful Hightower squad. Good, solid season Ladies!:yes:

Big Daddy Cool
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Did Braylon Addison play all positions for them too like he did for the football team?

Dawg82
02-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Did Braylon Addison play all positions for them too like he did for the football team?Not sure. I thought it was RuPaul...

Mr. Rod
02-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Not sure. I thought it was RuPaul...

You better work!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBWHNsClP0

Heard you had a thing for super models back in the day.

Mr. Rod
02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Did Braylon Addison play all positions for them too like he did for the football team?

Braylon was an incredible HS player. I'm interested to how HT does next season. Hopefully they don't come down with VY syndrome (Madison after Young left).

Big Daddy Cool
02-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Considering most thought they would fall off after AJ Highsmith left. Something tells me they have someone ready to take control of things. They may not be the athlete Addison was but then how many people out there are.

Dawg82
02-25-2012, 08:31 AM
You better work!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBWHNsClP0

Heard you had a thing for super models back in the day.I still do...woe to the poor man that says Mama isn't.;)

griggie1969
04-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Lp fans i know yall are excited bout yall bulldogs i see you guys are loaded and should be the favorite to win district again and make a serious run along with ns, my boys are gonna be young we are green @ qb rb and must replace 4 olineman, we only have the center coming back, our defense is gonna have to carry us

LPBulldogBlog
04-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Lp fans i know yall are excited bout yall bulldogs i see you guys are loaded and should be the favorite to win district again and make a serious run along with ns, my boys are gonna be young we are green @ qb rb and must replace 4 olineman, we only have the center coming back, our defense is gonna have to carry us

I'm Port Arthur has a good chance of winning district this season, but it's going to be a dog fight. The talent level in 21-5A is increasing every year it seems.

Mr. Rod
04-17-2012, 11:38 AM

PA folks on SETX say differently.

Dawg82
04-17-2012, 12:51 PM
PA folks on SETX say differently.PAM will be lucky to finish 4th.

Mr. Rod
04-17-2012, 04:04 PM
PAM will be lucky to finish 4th.

All I can tell ya is that a team that is used to getting in the playoffs, won't be this season.

LPBulldogBlog
05-02-2012, 12:58 PM
2 days in to spring practice. Mostly passing work going on right now. D looks good. Jones and Scott on one side lined up next to each other is pretty much unstoppable.

Major Applewhite(UT) and representatives from Texas Tech, North Texas and Incarnate World were at practice Tuesday. Lots of talent to look at.

Dawg82
05-03-2012, 07:21 AM
I heard that scouts were all over the place. Good news for exposure. I hope the boys keep on workin' and keep their heads screwed on straight. 21-5A is gonna' be even tougher this year, and preseason isn't a joke either. Quality teams all around.

Keep that hunger!

Dawg82
05-12-2012, 01:45 PM
So, will young Mr. Jackson be playing 7 on 7, or will he be playing baseball if LP wins the series against Pearland and moves on?

LPBulldogBlog
05-12-2012, 05:09 PM
He's a JV pitcher, so he's all football right now including spring practice and 7on7.

They had a small warm up tournament a couple weeks ago and they thumped Deer Park, Goose Creek Memorial and 2 other teams. Beat all of them by 3 TDs.

He's sharp in passing drills. Backup QB isn't too shabby either.

LPBulldogBlog
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Scouts have been attending every day of spring so far. Today I hear we have Oklahoma St and Boise St at practice starting at 3. I should be out there.

LPBulldogBlog
05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Blog update with 7on7 recap and spring game is Thursday at 6.

Offers starting to roll in for our 2013 class with Alex Jones and Maurice Morris getting their first offers this week. Keith Whitely has 4 offers so far. Lots more coming.

Dawg82
05-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Blog update with 7on7 recap and spring game is Thursday at 6.

Offers starting to roll in for our 2013 class with Alex Jones and Maurice Morris getting their first offers this week. Keith Whitely has 4 offers so far. Lots more coming.Excellent! I was hoping you'd do an update about SQT. We weren't able to attend.:(

LPBulldogBlog
05-23-2012, 10:32 AM
The official schedule:

Week 0 Friday 8/31 Clear Brook at La Porte 7pm
Week 1 Friday 9/7 La Porte at South Houston 7pm
Week 2 Friday 9/14 Clear Springs at La Porte 7pm
Week 3 Friday 9/21 La Porte at Brazoswood 7pm
Week 4 Friday 9/28 Baytown Sterling at La Porte 7pm
Week 5 Saturday 10/6 La Porte at Beaumont West Brook 6pm
Week 6 Bye Week
Week 7 Friday 10/19 Deer Park at La Porte 7pm
Week 8 Friday 10/26 La Porte at Channelview 7pm
Week 9 Friday 11/2 North Shore at La Porte 7pm
Week 10 Friday 11/9 La Porte at Port Arthur Memorial 7pm

LPBulldogBlog
05-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Excellent! I was hoping you'd do an update about SQT. We weren't able to attend.:(

La Porte should have been where Stratford was winning the tournament. Tough loss to Ridge Point...

Dawg82
05-23-2012, 10:45 AM
La Porte should have been where Stratford was winning the tournament. Tough loss to Ridge Point...It's only 7 on 7. Kind of like what we used to play after lunch behind Sonya Angelo in the 70's. Lot of time for improvement.

By the way, I believe congrats should go out to a fellow Bulldog and family. I believe we have a new Navy Cross award recipient in our midst!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

LPBulldogBlog
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Pretty much. We don't have any pass routes haha.

I read that and Navy Cross is a great honor for our former graduate.

Dawg82
05-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Those new press box renovations better not mess up Mama & me's season tix!:mad:

LPBulldogBlog
05-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I think the seats will be the same. They are putting a 2nd story on the home side press box and adding a visitors press box now.

Mr. Rod
05-23-2012, 10:58 PM

You going to the spring game? I'm gonna be in the pasadena area, thinking about stopping by.

Dawg82
05-24-2012, 06:15 AM
You going to the spring game? I'm gonna be in the pasadena area, thinking about stopping by.I think so. It'll just be me. Mama's still in Kentucky on business. I'll hook up with you later today.

LPBulldogBlog
05-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Did y'all go? And what did you think?

Dawg82
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Did y'all go? And what did you think?We weren't able to go. Son was able to get a couple days leave. Was able to meet new daughter-in-law. (Something besides just Skype.)

LPBulldogBlog
05-30-2012, 10:12 AM
That is a awesome excused absence. Sounds great.

Here is the highlights of what you missed: http://vimeo.com/42869283

Mr. Rod
05-30-2012, 06:21 PM
I stopped by after I finish my errands in the 'dena. LP is looking good, couple of ball handling problems, but something that can easily be fixed. I was impressed with that goal line stance by the defense (assuming 2nd D since no Scott on the field, correct me if i'm wrong). Would really like to see Hoza serve as a primary LB instead of an RB. I don't like when RBs run backwards, just too risky for me. But 3rd down sitchy-ations could work out for a back like him, a kid who can pound through a line and fast :eek:. I'm assuming Keith Whitley will get the majority of the touches as an RB? Should be an interesting and competitive year for 21-5A, can't wait.

ktCarl
06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Any of you guys showing up in Kemah this Saturday 6-2-12 at the Cadillac Bar and Grille.

I know Dawg82 is out-of-town.

Dawg82
06-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Link to another 21-5A thread started on another site. (Just in case...sorry...) Many people moving over. :(

http://texashsfootball.com/board

Dawg82
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Congrats to the LP 7 on 7 squad and coaches.:yes:

LPBulldogBlog
06-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Great tournament. They really came to play on both sides of the ball. I hear there are videos on youtube of all the games too.

Dawg82
07-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Congrats to La Porte alum Kerron Clements (Reigning Olympic Silver Medalist) in the 400 meter hurdles. Qualified for another Olympic Games!!!:yes:

LPSweatthawg
07-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Congrats to La Porte alum Kerron Clements (Reigning Olympic Silver Medalist) in the 400 meter hurdles. Qualified for another Olympic Games!!!:yes:

I believe he also won a gold in Bejing in the 4X100. He hasn't done much running this year due to 2 surgeries but Is starting to come into form. Watch out London!

LPBulldogBlog
07-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Getting fired up for the season after seeing our competitive nature at State 7on7. Nobody wants to play this team with pads on.

Who had La Porte making the state quarterfinals in the championship bracket?

beezleyb
08-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Only a couple of more weeks till the beginning of the season. Anyone have info on the scrimmage? (when/where/vs who etc.)

Dawg82
08-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Only a couple of more weeks till the beginning of the season. Anyone have info on the scrimmage? (when/where/vs who etc.)I understand it's Pearland Dawson @ LP on the 24th. Haven't heard a time yet.

beezleyb
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
I understand it's Pearland Dawson @ LP on the 24th. Haven't heard a time yet.

Dangit I'm outta town that weekend. Dawson should be a pretty nice warm up for the dogs!

1moreX
08-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Dangit I'm outta town that weekend. Dawson should be a pretty nice warm up for the dogs!

They will be good but not near the team they were last year. They lost a lost a lot of starting seniors.

VLiles
08-13-2012, 04:52 PM
It will be in La Porte last I heard. Not sure what time though. Hopefuly our Stadium refurbishment will be ready in time. Still looks like a ways to go before next Friday. It's looking good though, especially the Visitors side. ;)
Go Dawgs !

LPBulldogBlog
08-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Scrimmage starts at 4 on the 24th. Varsity is at 6.

ray1301
08-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Dawg82,
Sent you a PM.

Mr. Rod
08-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Dawg82,
Sent you a PM.

About what? :p

Dawg82
08-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Dawg82,
Sent you a PM.Got it. 1 ticket is reserved for the requested game. LP/DP taken by Mr. Rod & Big Daddy Cool.

Dawg82
08-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Nice write up. Keep those heads screwed on straight boys. Team play and fundamentals.
http://lonestargridiron.com/2012/07/28/2012-lsg-team-preview-la-porte-bulldogs/#comments

LPBulldogBlog
08-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Friday, August 24th, 2012
Freshman A & B- 4:00PM
JV Orange & White- 5:00PM
Varsity- 6:00PM

Mr. Buddy Garrity
08-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi Dawgs.

Dawg82
08-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi Dawgs.Scooter, the only thing important about your post is...

"Where are you treating us to the pregame meal!" :D
(I take that back. If you guys light the fires again, I'd like to know that also.)

ktCarl
08-14-2012, 12:59 PM
The heck with this thread. We're discussing the Katy Tigers run for the 2013 State Title. I guess we're conceeding the 2012 season before it begins. Someone in Katyland will start cruising the Jr. High games and try to predict the 2016 team. Is that 'a bridge too far'? :rolleyes:

Dawg82
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
The heck with this thread. We're discussing the Katy Tigers run for the 2013 State Title. I guess we're conceeding the 2012 season before it begins. Someone in Katyland will start cruising the Jr. High games and try to predict the 2016 team. Is that 'a bridge too far'? :rolleyes:Great movie!!! :yes:

Mr. Rod
08-14-2012, 02:19 PM
The heck with this thread. We're discussing the Katy Tigers run for the 2013 State Title. I guess we're conceeding the 2012 season before it begins. Someone in Katyland will start cruising the Jr. High games and try to predict the 2016 team. Is that 'a bridge too far'? :rolleyes:

So is it safe to say Katy '12 is scared to play PAM? :p

ray1301
08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
So is it safe to say Katy '12 is scared to play PAM? :p

Absolutely! Ain't nothing scarier than two women in a slap fight (Pamela and Katy)

Mr. Buddy Garrity
08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Scooter, the only thing important about your post is...

"Where are you treating us to the pregame meal!" :D
(I take that back. If you guys light the fires again, I'd like to know that also.)

:rofl:

Now why would we light the fires when LaPorte comes to town? ;)

dada
08-14-2012, 03:23 PM

He started that thread in 2009...lol his math may have been off a bit...think he meant 2012. That freshman class at the time that thread was made...is the Sr class this year.....I think:D

Dawg82
08-14-2012, 09:18 PM
He started that thread in 2009...lol his math may have been off a bit...think he meant 2012. That freshman class at the time that thread was made...is the Sr class this year.....I think:DNo, no, no...secret's out now. Where's those Twitter instructions again?:laugh

Mr. Buddy Garrity
08-14-2012, 09:22 PM
No, no, no...secret's out now. Where's those Twitter instructions again?:laugh

:rofl:

beezleyb
08-24-2012, 03:04 PM
I will be out of town so I will not be able to go to the scrimmage tonight. I will try and keep up with Twitter. I'd like to know ya'lls thoughts from those of you who go. :heli:

LPBulldogBlog
08-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I was really impressed with how they handled Dawson. Dawson couldn't get a pass completed against our first D. This was without LP blitzing, so the front 3 ate up that Dawson line.

Very hard hitting scrimmage. La Porte will be bringing the wood again this season.

Offense looked great running the ball, huge holes and RB's look stronger and have some moves.

Passing game should be moving by the time district rolls around, but you could see when a team crowds the line like last season things will be different.

Overall they are ready for Clear Brook and South Houston.

They are going to be fun to watch this year. The lines on both sides of the ball look great.

mossad
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
La Porte.....the team everyone will be trying to avoid! Yall are loaded, but be aware, swamp city is getting VERY ROWDY lol!

beezleyb
09-04-2012, 01:53 PM
La Porte.....the team everyone will be trying to avoid! Yall are loaded, but be aware, swamp city is getting VERY ROWDY lol!

I'm confused as to whom you're referring to...

mossad
09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
la porte is the team to beat

LPBulldogBlog
09-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Didn't take long to figure that out. After a couple breaks went to Clear Brook it looked like LP was pressing a little bit. Hopefully this week will help calm the nerves against South Houston.

beezleyb
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Didn't take long to figure that out. After a couple breaks went to Clear Brook it looked like LP was pressing a little bit. Hopefully this week will help calm the nerves against South Houston.

Seeing what the SoHo D gave up last week I expect this one to get pretty ugly (in LP's favor of course). Last week was just what LP needed to get their head back in and focus. They'll be ready to play Friday.

LPBulldogBlog
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
You never know.

89lpdog
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Was a little disappointed by last weeks game. Hopefully that game did wake the Team and more importantly the Coaches that every week this Team is going to have a Big Bulls-Eye on them.

beezleyb
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
I hope to see them air the ball out a little more and give the new QB some confidence going into the season. I'd love for the pass game to be a second option when the run is not working (like last week). Also I hope to see the young LBs catch up to the pace and play a little better. Hope the kids get adequately hydrated and get their potassium... It's going to be hot again Friday!

Dawg82
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM
We have a new member. Welcome LP0175. Hope he finds the team page.:D

Mr. Rod
09-10-2012, 11:35 AM
We have a new member. Welcome LP0175. Hope he finds the team page.:D

Oh yay.

Nsalumni
09-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Laportes team thread is overrated

Dawg82
09-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Laportes team thread is overratedSays Nsalumni as he gallops gleefully back from the little boy's room with blakej, still holding their spritzers...:D

Big Daddy Cool
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I hope to see them air the ball out a little more and give the new QB some confidence going into the season. I'd love for the pass game to be a second option when the run is not working (like last week). Also I hope to see the young LBs catch up to the pace and play a little better. Hope the kids get adequately hydrated and get their potassium... It's going to be hot again Friday!

Now is the time to build his confidence for sure. The Dawgs are going to have to have a passing game if they want any chance of repeating as champs.

Nsalumni
09-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Says Nsalumni as he gallops gleefully back from the little boy's room with blakej, still holding their spritzers...:D

Lololol I just barely read this omg hahaha, you guys owe me for not tellin me yall were goin to the katy game together.

Dawg82
09-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Lololol I just barely read this omg hahaha, you guys owe me for not tellin me yall were goin to the katy game together.lol didn't know you wanted to go. I think we all thought it would be a better game. Long drive for that...

thebone79
09-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Up to now, there are no leaders on this team, someone needs to step up, and fast!!!!

LPPACK85
11-25-2012, 10:04 AM
up to now, there are no leaders on this team, someone needs to step up, and fast!!!!

well lets hope someone can step up an be that leader, cause they are going to need it playing katy, good luck.

RunAwayNightmare
12-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Well that a wrap on another great Bulldog Season. Lets reflect on the season. Overall we had many Highs! Won District again excelled to the third round! Unfortunately we could knock off the tigers this year. We'll see several of LPs players moving onto play college football, which says a lot about where the LP program has gone the past few years. Now the question is how will we fair in the coming season? Spring time will be here before we know it. And I can not wait for yet another Bulldog run for glory! Go DAWGS!!

LPBulldogBlog
12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Will be interesting to see what they do this offseason. I don't see any power runners returning, but lots of players that are good with open space. May see a change in offense. Will see what happens in the trenches as this will be the most important area to replace.

LPSweatthawg
12-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Will be interesting to see what they do this offseason. I don't see any power runners returning, but lots of players that are good with open space. May see a change in offense. Will see what happens in the trenches as this will be the most important area to replace.

I think that going with a spread offense would be a good thing. I just think that JJ needs to work on his speed in the off season. Has anyone suggested to him some workouts to increase his speed. I think that if he is able to increase his 40 time, he will be force to be reckoned with. Being able to scramble to buy more time to find the open receiver would benefit him greatly. Or just having the threat of being able to pull the ball down and take off running would make defenses have to respect that threat.

ccSwatt99
12-05-2012, 10:01 PM
First things first, great season for all the teams from freshman A/B, JV O/W and the third round Varsity, Hold all of your heads high you all had a great season in 2012!
I see for next year an even stronger D with the returners coming back for 2013 and the meat coming up from the JV, I think there will be a heck of a fight for them 3 spots down front. Good luck to all of you in spring and Work Hard! Cant wait for it to get started.

lpjackson71
12-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I think that going with a spread offense would be a good thing. I just think that JJ needs to work on his speed in the off season. Has anyone suggested to him some workouts to increase his speed. I think that if he is able to increase his 40 time, he will be force to be reckoned with. Being able to scramble to buy more time to find the open receiver would benefit him greatly. Or just having the threat of being able to pull the ball down and take off running would make defenses have to respect that threat.

Jordan has already made the decision to stay in the 5th period football class so that he can hit the weight room instead of going over to the baseball class. He was very upset after the loss to Katy, and felt he was the reason we lost the game. After a few days of no football talk and a little time to get over the hurt, he is already talking to some of the young receivers about throwing routes again. Jordan will start back working with his QB coach once a week from January until spring ball starts back up. During these workouts the coach will work with Jordan on everything from film study, pocket presence, speed drills, and of course throwing from every possible position and situation. As a father, I watched Jordan more closely than anyone else. The growth that he showed as a leader on that team was astounding. Jordan will work as hard as anyone coming back next year. Jordan has never really been given the option to run the ball in our offense. Now don't get me wrong, Jordan only runs a 5.0 40yd, but extending the plays by moving from the pocket or on designed roll outs will be a focus for him this year. he will be incouraged to pull the ball down and run to gain what ever yardage that may be available. Jordan really blossomed as a QB as the year went on IMO. He began to understand the importance of blocking down field, he became more vocal in the hudle, and he tried to minimize the mental mistakes that lead to turn overs.

I am hoping that the coaching staff will make a better effort to get the passing game more involved. Play action on 1st and 2nd down works much better than 3rd and long. The last week of practice while preparing for katy, they had developed several passing and running plays from a spread formation that they already had. The entire week the offense looked very crisp and confident running out of this formation, but when game time would come we never used any of these plays. I know that La Porte has and probably will always be a run first team, but to not utilized the strength of your players is a little baffeling.

Anyways, Congrats to all the kids on a great year and good luck to all the seniors that will be moving on. With jordan coming back for his senior year and his younger brother moving up to play offensive line... maybe center, I am already excited thinking about next years team.

lpjackson71
12-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Everyone knows that games are won and lost in the trenches. We will need a lot of the Soph and Juniors to step up next year and learn quickly. We do have Mike Leagan returning next season and Logan told me that he and some of the other linemen plan on doing some workouts with Big Mike on their own. Lots of young talented big guys coming up from the freshman group. Will be very interesting to see how all of the position battles play out during spring ball.

LPSweatthawg
12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Jordan has already made the decision to stay in the 5th period football class so that he can hit the weight room instead of going over to the baseball class. He was very upset after the loss to Katy, and felt he was the reason we lost the game. After a few days of no football talk and a little time to get over the hurt, he is already talking to some of the young receivers about throwing routes again. Jordan will start back working with his QB coach once a week from January until spring ball starts back up. During these workouts the coach will work with Jordan on everything from film study, pocket presence, speed drills, and of course throwing from every possible position and situation. As a father, I watched Jordan more closely than anyone else. The growth that he showed as a leader on that team was astounding. Jordan will work as hard as anyone coming back next year. Jordan has never really been given the option to run the ball in our offense. Now don't get me wrong, Jordan only runs a 5.0 40yd, but extending the plays by moving from the pocket or on designed roll outs will be a focus for him this year. he will be incouraged to pull the ball down and run to gain what ever yardage that may be available. Jordan really blossomed as a QB as the year went on IMO. He began to understand the importance of blocking down field, he became more vocal in the hudle, and he tried to minimize the mental mistakes that lead to turn overs.

I am hoping that the coaching staff will make a better effort to get the passing game more involved. Play action on 1st and 2nd down works much better than 3rd and long. The last week of practice while preparing for katy, they had developed several passing and running plays from a spread formation that they already had. The entire week the offense looked very crisp and confident running out of this formation, but when game time would come we never used any of these plays. I know that La Porte has and probably will always be a run first team, but to not utilized the strength of your players is a little baffeling.

Anyways, Congrats to all the kids on a great year and good luck to all the seniors that will be moving on. With jordan coming back for his senior year and his younger brother moving up to play offensive line... maybe center, I am already excited thinking about next years team.

I agree with you on Jordan's development throughout the season. You could really see him becoming the leader on the offensive side of the ball as well. I am really excited about what next year brings and I know that Jordan is going to work hard to make himself even better, you can see his hunger. Jimmy, I know you're extremely proud of your boys and you should be. It will doubly as special next year with Logan snapping it to Jordan.

LPBulldogBlog
03-14-2013, 01:13 PM
C/O 2014 off to a good start in recruiting!

Victor Holmes - Offered by Iowa State - will have plenty of offers
Jordan Jackson- North Texas is hot on his tail. A good senior season should get him some more D1 offers with his size/arm.
Oh yeah, there is a Aggie commitment too

thebone79
05-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Any word of the kid transfering from Goose Creek Memorial....6'-2" 215lbs. ?

Mr. Rod
05-02-2013, 01:10 PM

Recruiting huh? Somebody call the uil.

Dawg82
05-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Recruiting huh? Somebody call the uil.Yep. Please tell them LP is skewing their advantage. :rolleyes:

Mr. Rod
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Yep. Please tell them LP is skewing their advantage. :rolleyes:

I called and they said dem boyz from Deer Park already left a message.

Dawg82
05-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I called and they said dem boyz from Deer Park already left a message.Deer Park quit complaining when the UIL allowed them to pick the refs at the Border Battle game this year since it's at Abshier. Somebody said they pay better.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM

he wont matter by week-10

Dawg82
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
he wont matter by week-10I see you started the smoke and fires early this year. Winds won't blow that crap from PAM to LP. We'll redirect it to Dickinson.

Mr. Rod
05-02-2013, 04:20 PM
he wont matter by week-10

If the PAM defense don't get em, the marsh fire sure will. :heli:

LPBulldogBlog
05-03-2013, 09:38 AM
It is true. I saw him at DT, DE and was told he plays some TE on offense. Interesting offseason LP is having. Practice is very high tempo with music blaring.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2013, 09:15 PM
It is true. I saw him at DT, DE and was told he plays some TE on offense. Interesting offseason LP is having. Practice is very high tempo with music blaring.

high tempo? hmmmmm........thats far from the norm by you guys.

LP0175
05-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Less breaks in between those pounding runs!

Dawg82
05-05-2013, 08:37 AM
high tempo? hmmmmm........thats far from the norm by you guys.I wouldn't confuse "high tempo" with wide open spread. I'd say passing game options were being worked on. I'd say a two minute offense--when needed--may be a very good option this year. A quick glance seemed to show a driven team. ;)

lpjackson71
05-08-2013, 08:24 AM

Nothing changing in the offense... same old Wing T, run for 3 yards in a cloud of dust. We probably won't win four games all year.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Nothing changing in the offense... same old Wing T, run for 3 yards in a cloud of dust. We probably won't win four games all year.

so we battling it out for 5th place with you guys? dang it. :mad:

lpjackson71
05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
so we battling it out for 5th place with you guys? dang it. :mad:

No sir, we will lose to y'all, so we will finish behind the Titans due to the tie breaker.:rolleyes:

Mr. Buddy Garrity
07-09-2013, 05:09 PM
smells like dog poop in here.

LP0175
09-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Great win dogs!