AllenEagle21
11-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Yes sir, done

biggolfdad
11-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Any word on time, date, or location ?

tmcran
11-12-2011, 11:38 AM
This will be a quite thread if we depend on EP posters. I'm waiting to hear how this is the best team EP has had in the last ten years.:D

QUEST
11-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Last I heard is playing
Playing friday at 7 at Grande in
Midland...anyone heard differently?

Warbird_Dad
11-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Last I heard is playing

Old news but confirmed.....gonna be hard to keep this thread going all week....

tmcran
11-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Old news but confirmed.....gonna be hard to keep this thread going all week....

My feeling also. Do we know if home or visitors?

Warbird87
11-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Abilene by 30.

Warbird_Dad
11-13-2011, 12:11 PM
My feeling also. Do we know if home or visitors?

Haven't heard yet...

mike03car
11-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Looking forward to Mansfield or Guyer. As fans we can because our team and staff is focused on the now.

Sub-varsity should get playing time in the 4th quarter.

RGVBadBoy
11-13-2011, 12:47 PM
El Paso plays some of the worst football in the state, I think Abilene wins this one EASY!!!! I'm pulling for Abilene in the playoffs, I think the whole Rio Grande Valley is pulling for the Eagles...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!! GET IT DONE!!!

Warbird_Dad
11-13-2011, 12:54 PM
El Paso plays some of the worst football in the state, I think Abilene wins this one EASY!!!! I'm pulling for Abilene in the playoffs, I think the whole Rio Grande Valley is pulling for the Eagles...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!! GET IT DONE!!!

Likewise for the Cards.. !! Take care of Del Rio this week and take down Warren next week..!!

wolfpack4life
11-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Abilene wins this one by 35+, and doesn't break a sweat doing it...

Abilene vs Mansfield-Guyer should be a GOOD one the following week..

biggolfdad
11-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Anyone know when tickets go on sale for the game ?

Warbird87
11-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Anyone know when tickets go on sale for the game ?

Probably Tuesday morning

C130Eagle
11-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Last I heard is playing

According to GoFridayNight.com, kickoff is at 6 not 7.

Mike Honcho
11-14-2011, 08:42 AM
According to GoFridayNight.com, kickoff is at 6 not 7.

Make sure the listing you are seeing is Central Standard Time and not Mountain Time. :cool:

Eagle81
11-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Abilene wins this one by 35+, and doesn't break a sweat doing it...

Abilene vs Mansfield-Guyer should be a GOOD one the following week..

Hate to look past a team, we've done that in the past and got caught by a scrappy El Paso DeValle team. But I am looking forward to the following week.

Alurista
11-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Hate to look past a team, we've done that in the past and got caught by a scrappy El Paso DeValle team. But I am looking forward to the following week.

Yep, 10 years ago... this Montwood team is coached by the same guy! Not that it will matter, since I doubt this team has the defense to keep Abilene from scoring 50+. 52-21, Eagles.

thestud
11-14-2011, 10:11 AM
We've been caught looking ahead before. 2008 and 2001 are prime examples. Eagles need to stay the course and focus on one game at a time.

go42
11-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Not all El Paso schools play bad football! Just ask Summit from a few years back.

Dawg Fan
11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
The one thing to remember is, being a major underdog, Montwood will have nothing to lose and that makes them a little more dangerous as far as doing the unexpected. JMO

Abilene High wins by 21

The Dawg has spoken!;)

AllenEagle21
11-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I think Abilene wins this game easily. From what I have heard about coach Warren is that he keeps his team grounded. And at this stage we all know thats very important. Good luck to both teams and have safe travels.:)

mike03car
11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Abilene will be on the home side and wearing the black on black uniforms.

biggolfdad
11-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Abilene will be on the home side and wearing the black on black uniforms.

Is Bowie on the home side also for their game at 3pm ?

EPFootball
11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Coach Chuck Veliz is a genius and has earned respect among the players. Angel Garcia , Warren Redix and Britton if healthy should make the game interesting. Montwood has skill players on both side of the ball. If the game is close heading into the 4th it should be interesting...

:heli::heli::heli:

ThEgReAtOnE
11-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Donkey stomp. 56-6, Abilene. Nothin' to see, here, folks.

EPFootball
11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Donkey stomp. 56-6, Abilene. Nothin' to see, here, folks.

Oh Im sorry , I did not say they would win , I said they would make it interesting...

ThEgReAtOnE
11-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh Im sorry , I did not say they would win , I said they would make it interesting...

I don't like using the A-B-C Theory, unless I have to.

Midland Lee beat EP Montwood, 47-7
Abilene beat Midland Lee, 49-34

That means Abilene held Lee to 13 pts less, while scoring 42 pts more than Montwood. If you want, we can meet in the middle and say the final score will be 42-14. Maybe Montwood makes it interesting in the 1st Qtr, but I see hafltime at 28-7. I see 35-7 in the 4th Qtr. I see 42-7 in the mid 4th, with Montwood scoring in trash time.... or it's not interesting and Abilene dominates from the opening kickoff... hence, 56-6.

If Montwood would've made the Lee game interesting I would be on the same page as you.

1eagle2fan
11-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Abilene will stay focused and on track one game at a Time.
Eagles will get this one by 21+
hope all stay healthy and ready for more playoffs.

And lets hope we dont have to use the band tatics again this week lol man that made me laugh so hard.

Good luck to both teams roll WarBirds!!!!!!:heli:

Cards better Kick Some *** too or im going to be pissed! @!:D

tmcran
11-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Being home team Abilene fans get to set in the good seats. Will one ticket be good for both game?

#9EagleMom
11-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Being home team Abilene fans get to set in the good seats. Will one ticket be good for both game?

yayyyy I won't have to lug my stadium seat in with me, and I'll have a cup holder :yes:

D-5
11-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Coach Chuck Veliz is a genius and has earned respect among the players. Angel Garcia , Warren Redix and Britton if healthy should make the game interesting. Montwood has skill players on both side of the ball. If the game is close heading into the 4th it should be interesting...

Hmm??

Redbird
11-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Good Luck to Abilene this coming weekend. Classy team, fans and program. Hope to see you all on the field again sometime soon and just remember to take it one game at a time. :heli:

thestud
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
yayyyy I won't have to lug my stadium seat in with me, and I'll have a cup holder :yes:

what do you need a cup holder for? That $5 bottled water? :eek:

RealMadrid
11-15-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm pulling for the Eagles, only way they lose this game if they beat themselves. Stick to what is working and they should be fine.

mike03car
11-15-2011, 02:00 AM
what do you need a cup holder for? That $5 bottled water? :eek:

To hold our cans of WOOPA$$!!

#9EagleMom
11-15-2011, 09:15 AM
To hold our cans of WOOPA$$!!

Now that was good Mike :rofl:. I forgot their concessions were high...but they gotta pay for that stadium somehow I guess.

thestud
11-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Now that was good Mike :rofl:. I forgot their concessions were high...but they gotta pay for that stadium somehow I guess.

When I was in high school Grande was the only stadium we played at that actually had hot water in the showers, so I won't gripe too much.

Eaglette417
11-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Looking for verification on start time for this game. Gofridaynight says 6, ahseaglessports.mobi says 6 and 7.

Shoot2thrill
11-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Looking for verification on start time for this game. Gofridaynight says 6, ahseaglessports.mobi says 6 and 7.

6 Mountain time zone (El Paso team's time zone)
7 Central time zone

Shoot2thrill
11-15-2011, 10:06 AM
We've been caught looking ahead before. 2008 and 2001 are prime examples. Eagles need to stay the course and focus on one game at a time.

The 2001 debacle was the most embarassing of course. There was also an unexpected loss to Monty in the playoffs sometime in the early 2000s. I hate these second round games against the district 1A-2A winner because it is hard to sell the boys on the fact that they still have to show up and play if they want to live to see another round. On paper this one should be around the 30-35 margin of victory range but I bet it will be in the 14-21 point difference range instead.

One last thing about this particular school. Look at who their coach is. I am not referring to the fact that he was the Del Valle coach back in 2001. This particular coach has a reputation for certain tactics that I will not air out in this forum. Some of you veterans will know what I am talking about while the newbies will not. I hope the coaches will have the guys ready and waiting in case this comes up. Hopefully there will be nothing to worry about come Saturday.

Eagles by 21. :)

mike03car
11-15-2011, 11:29 AM
The 2001 debacle was the most embarassing of course. There was also an unexpected loss to Monty in the playoffs sometime in the early 2000s. I hate these second round games against the district 1A-2A winner because it is hard to sell the boys on the fact that they still have to show up and play if they want to live to see another round. On paper this one should be around the 30-35 margin of victory range but I bet it will be in the 14-21 point difference range instead.

One last thing about this particular school. Look at who their coach is. I am not referring to the fact that he was the Del Valle coach back in 2001. This particular coach has a reputation for certain tactics that I will not air out in this forum. Some of you veterans will know what I am talking about while the newbies will not. I hope the coaches will have the guys ready and waiting in case this becomes up. Hopefully there will be nothing to worry about come Saturday.

I didn't know before yesterday, but it was brought up to Coach Warren when he took questions during the booster club luncheon. Yes, he did acknowledge as you state, and some members expounded more. Therefore, I think our staff and players are prepared.

thestud
11-15-2011, 11:37 AM

One last thing about this particular school. Look at who their coach is. I am not referring to the fact that he was the Del Valle coach back in 2001. This particular coach has a reputation for certain tactics that I will not air out in this forum. Some of you veterans will know what I am talking about while the newbies will not. I hope the coaches will have the guys ready and waiting in case this becomes up. Hopefully there will be nothing to worry about come Saturday.

That loss to Monty was in 2002 I believe.

In 2004 we came out of our game against EP so banged up it kills me to think about our chances against SLC next week had we been healthy...we were banged up badly due to those certain tactics youre alluding to...

War Eagle
11-15-2011, 12:00 PM
I remember that game in Odessa in 2004 against Montwood man that was tough to watch and I ain't saying that because the score was close.

I hope that this game doesn't have a similar result...I don't care if we walk out of this with a 10 point win as long as everyone is as healthy coming out as going in.

Warbird_Dad
11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I remember that game in Odessa in 2004 against Montwood man that was tough to watch and I ain't saying that because the score was close.

I hope that this game doesn't have a similar result...I don't care if we walk out of this with a 10 point win as long as everyone is as healthy coming out as going in.

When we played EP Coronado in 2009 I stayed and watched the Cooper vs Del Valle game afterward. I think DV got up by 21 or 28 in the 1st half before Cooper finally woke up in the 2nd half to win it. Made for exciting football but pretty nerve racking no matter what side of the field you're sitting on....

Shoot2thrill
11-15-2011, 12:27 PM

In 2004 we came out of our game against EP so banged up it kills me to think about our chances against SLC next week had we been healthy...we were banged up badly due to those certain tactics youre alluding to...

Anyone who thinks that a healthy Jerrod Carroll wouldn't have made a difference in that SLC game is flat out fooling themselves. :(

thestud
11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Anyone who thinks that a healthy Jerrod Carroll wouldn't have made a difference in that SLC game is flat out fooling themselves. :(

Don't forget a healthy Beebe, Taylor Broderick and Ryan Kennedy :(

Shoot2thrill
11-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Yup. Forgot about Beebe. Thought Kennedy played.

War Eagle
11-15-2011, 01:09 PM
When we played EP Coronado in 2009 I stayed and watched the Cooper vs Del Valle game afterward. I think DV got up by 21 or 28 in the 1st half before Cooper finally woke up in the 2nd half to win it. Made for exciting football but pretty nerve racking no matter what side of the field you're sitting on....

We stayed for that as well. That Del Valle team was better than most that come out of EP but Cooper came in flat and were not there when they kicked off. Once they got going it was just a matter of time before they over came their bad start.

mike03car
11-15-2011, 01:10 PM

correct.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/a/abilene.gif

mike03car
11-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Correct, it wasn't close. 35-18

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/a/abilene.gif

mike03car
11-15-2011, 01:22 PM

Last child of my former youth director and pastor. Ryan graduated from Rice Univ in 2009 and is a teacher-coach in Rockwall ISD.

thestud
11-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Yup. Forgot about Beebe. Thought Kennedy played.

Beebe played hurt, I think he had surgery on the injury after the season. I know his dad used to post here, maybe he'll clarify if I'm wrong. Kennedy did play, but he was less than 50%. I remember him walking the halls the week of the SLC game in a walking boot and crutches.

Eagle81
11-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Last child of my former youth director and pastor. Ryan graduated from Rice Univ in 2009 and is a teacher-coach in Rockwall ISD.

I remember Kevin Kennedy. He was a great role model. I looked up to him alot. I never realized that was his son though.

mike03car
11-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I remember Kevin Kennedy. He was a great role model. I looked up to him alot. I never realized that was his son though.

Kevin and Pam watched the game at Shotwell with my folks (who still attend Trinity) and I last Friday as well as the Midland game.

Eaglewatcher
11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Beebe played hurt, I think he had surgery on the injury after the season. I know his dad used to post here, maybe he'll clarify if I'm wrong. Kennedy did play, but he was less than 50%. I remember him walking the halls the week of the SLC game in a walking boot and crutches.

Kennedy only played like one series of downs on defense. My son was his backup and played almost all of the game.

thestud
11-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Kennedy only played like one series of downs on defense. My son was his backup and played almost all of the game.

It is now coming back to me. WB played for Ryan and Jeff Williams played in place of Taylor Broderick, right?

Pariguayo
11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Good luck to the Warbirds this weekend and the rest of the 2011 playoffs your friends and new fans from deep So. TX.:yes:

Eaglewatcher
11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
It is now coming back to me. WB played for Ryan and Jeff Williams played in place of Taylor Broderick, right?

Broderick was hurt and didn't practice all week, but played in the game. Carroll was hurt but played. Kennedy had problems most of the year with a foot and WB actually got a lot of playing time during the year. (Recollection of details per phone call to WB)

Eagledad61
11-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Well it is official! My ip has been banned from the epgridiron site. Apparently any opinion other than el paso football is great is not wanted! Lol! What will i do!

I am sorry but that site is a joke! It is basically an el paso make yourself feel better site and unless you come in an say el paso football is great and the rest of the state needs to realize that you are banned! Lol!

Warbird_Dad
11-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Well it is official! My ip has been banned from the epgridiron site. Apparently any opinion other than el paso football is great is not wanted! Lol! What will i do!

I am sorry but that site is a joke! It is basically an el paso make yourself feel better site and unless you come in an say el paso football is great and the rest of the state needs to realize that you are banned! Lol!

I saw your post...you weren't talking trash or anything close to it. No reason to get banned unless you were deemed an "outsider"....wow

thestud
11-15-2011, 05:59 PM

You just now figuring that out?:rofl: I think opie.com, mojo, kattx, warlok and about a dozen other of our fellow 3-5a posters got banned there last year for merely predicting an EP loss. The people on that site are a bit....different would be putting it nicely. Surprised we havent had any driveby postings from the goobers from epgridiron, usually one or two show up every postseason. They are entertaining tho :p

thestud
11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I saw your post...you weren't talking trash or anything close to it. No reason to get banned unless you were deemed an "outsider"....wow

those EP folks on that site are a special bunch.

Eagledad61
11-15-2011, 06:02 PM

Basically just said that whining about not getting respect is not gonna solve the problem. Bottom line I said the solution to the States opinion that EP football is weak is to win! If you do that respect will come.

Perhaps it was my reference to the "best team to ever come out of El Paso" 2009 Coronado. LOL!

Eagledad61
11-15-2011, 06:03 PM
those EP folks on that site are a special bunch.

yes they are! It is entertaining reading tho! It is all about "we might have a shot" then they go into the fact that their cheerleaders can do better tumbling routines than our cheerleaders and their bands are better than our bands as to the reason why! LOL!

Eagledad61
11-15-2011, 06:04 PM
yes they are! It is entertaining reading tho! It is all about "we might have a shot" then they go into the fact that their cheerleaders can do better tumbling routines than our cheerleaders and their bands are better than our bands as to the reason why! LOL!

We need to make t-shirts for the game that read...........

I GOT BANNED ON THE EPGRIDIRON SITE AND PROUD OF IT!

tmcran
11-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Question? Been watching AHS vs AHS. The pooch kicks make me shake my head. It seems if there is speed to burn might be understandable. However, give the Colts the ball over and over on the 40 makes for very short field and resulted a TD every time. I think.

AHSeagles
11-15-2011, 07:45 PM
You just now figuring that out?:rofl: I think opie.com, mojo, kattx, warlok and about a dozen other of our fellow 3-5a posters got banned there last year for merely predicting an EP loss. The people on that site are a bit....different would be putting it nicely. Surprised we havent had any driveby postings from the goobers from epgridiron, usually one or two show up every postseason. They are entertaining tho :p

I just wandered over there for the yearly delusion spoutings and hurried here as fast as I could, but y'all beat me to it.:Censor: They really like to hang their hat on the Del Valle win by coach Veliz from a decade ago, never mind the fact we've played him several times since then and beaten him... Oh well, they do that every year, and every year the results are the same. always good for the lulz.

warbird00
11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
We need to make t-shirts for the game that read...........

I GOT BANNED ON THE EPGRIDIRON SITE AND PROUD OF IT!

Sometimes I seriously wish EPISD would join whatever version of the UIL is in New Mexico. Seriously. Please.

On another note, these games are scary in a way unlike any other…and this “coach” most of all :/ they know what they do. But what’s just as bad is they’re proud of it.

mike03car
11-15-2011, 10:48 PM

Wow. Their rhetoric is so pathetic I can't even laugh about it.

http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1529108027&frmid=8&msgid=1770623&cmd=show

mike03car
11-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Oh, here's a real winner from that thread:

TB Pride

Nov 15, 2011 - 8:16PM

QuoteReply
Re: Montwood vs Abilene who wins?

As the saying goes "offense wins games, defense wins championships." Abilene has speed huh? Well Rams, be sure you hit them Eagles HARD. Remove their speed by removing their legs. Show them you arent to be messed with. As for rams offense, smash-mouth football is all I got to say. Goodluck to Montwood. I hope you represent El Paso well. Believe in yourselves! Im rooting for you guys!

He probably played on that 2004 team. Regardless, there's nothing more smash-mouth in Texas than ET and LV, guaranteed.

mike03car
11-15-2011, 11:19 PM
From that same thread, a Midland Lee nut:

Lee rebels

Nov 13, 2011 - 5:43PM

QuoteReply

Abet,
Ab hi vs lee was a 4 pt game with 2 min left. We threw a lateral which they recovered in the ez. So check your facts first.
They ran a hideout play to score one TD, which of course Abilene officials didn't see. What a surprise!!!!
Lee was on the 3 yd line and didn't score because of an illegal procedure..
So lee who didn't get in actually had a shot to beat the mighty eagles!! Lol.
Their time will come

What the heck is this idiot smoking? The final score of the game was with over three minutes to go for the final 15 point margin.

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/schedules/games/6583/results/

Hideout play? Is he maybe referring to Keevan lining up wide at about the numbers as WR's always do and they just gaffed having anyone cover? How's it a hideout to be standing there for 5+ seconds alone before the snap of the ball? Also, I know I like to pick on the refs as much as anyone, but if they were from AISD or anywhere else, both coaches have to agree on the crew or it's assigned by the UIL if not agreed upon. Plus, if there is any blame of an illegal procedure contributing towards not scoring; it is their fault, not the officials.

They really didnt have more than a little shot against Abilene even with using everything they could to include getting an extra 14 points from the two successful suprise onside kicks. The kids played their guts out and the staff pulled out all the stops, which we have credited them several times; clowns like this guy take the cake, however.

Eagledad61
11-16-2011, 10:29 AM
from that same thread, a midland lee nut:

lee rebels

nov 13, 2011 - 5:43pm

quotereply
re: Montwood vs abilene who wins?

abet,
ab hi vs lee was a 4 pt game with 2 min left. We threw a lateral which they recovered in the ez. So check your facts first.
they ran a hideout play to score one td, which of course abilene officials didn't see. What a surprise!!!!
lee was on the 3 yd line and didn't score because of an illegal procedure..
so lee who didn't get in actually had a shot to beat the mighty eagles!! Lol.
their time will come

what the heck is this idiot smoking? The final score of the game was with over three minutes to go for the final 15 point margin.

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/schedules/games/6583/results/

hideout play? Is he maybe referring to keevan lining up wide at about the numbers as wr's always do and they just gaffed having anyone cover? How's it a hideout to be standing there for 5+ seconds alone before the snap of the ball? Also, i know i like to pick on the refs as much as anyone, but if they were from aisd or anywhere else, both coaches have to agree on the crew or it's assigned by the uil if not agreed upon. Plus, if there is any blame of an illegal procedure contributing towards not scoring; it is their fault, not the officials.

They really didnt have more than a little shot against abilene even with using everything they could to include getting an extra 14 points from the two successful suprise onside kicks. The kids played their guts out and the staff pulled out all the stops, which we have credited them several times; clowns like this guy take the cake, however.

banning update..........................i am still banned! Must have broken rule 1.a article 26 which states.........
"all comments must reflect el paso football in a positive manner irrespective of the justification of such comment or the factual information available the does not show such comment to be valid, including but not limited to historical information, common opponent analysis, strength of schedule analysis and/or statistical information that must be sanitized in favor of el paso prior to any such post. Refer to section 8 for penalty of such comment."

section 8. You are banned!

E-Vol-ution
11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Montwood 23
Abilene 14

signed,
It's Me

(please don't go into convulsions......I quoted this off of the site you guys directed me to):D

I won't give a score.......just think Abilene wins by 21.

#9EagleMom
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh, here's a real winner from that thread:

TB Pride

Nov 15, 2011 - 8:16PM

QuoteReply

As the saying goes "offense wins games, defense wins championships." Abilene has speed huh? Well Rams, be sure you hit them Eagles HARD. Remove their speed by removing their legs. Show them you arent to be messed with. As for rams offense, smash-mouth football is all I got to say. Goodluck to Montwood. I hope you represent El Paso well. Believe in yourselves! Im rooting for you guys!

He probably played on that 2004 team. Regardless, there's nothing more smash-mouth in Texas than ET and LV, guaranteed.

Wowwww as a mom it really irks me to see that comment. When my son went for the sac against the Cooper QB (just missed it but knocked him pretty hard and he struggled to get up), some comments were made and they weren't so nice, I wasn't happy I know it's football but I don't want my sone intentionally hurting anyone and I don't want any of our players intentionally hurt! I know it happens and there are scrappers out there but I would never condone my son purposely trying to take a player out of the game! Hope our boys keep their integrity, play hard and have their eyes extra WIDE OPEN!

Shoot2thrill
11-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Wowwww as a mom it really irks me to see that comment. When my son went for the sac against the Cooper QB (just missed it but knocked him pretty hard and he struggled to get up), some comments were made and they weren't so nice, I wasn't happy I know it's football but I don't want my sone intentionally hurting anyone and I don't want any of our players intentionally hurt! I know it happens and there are scrappers out there but I would never condone my son purposely trying to take a player out of the game! Hope our boys keep their integrity, play hard and have their eyes extra WIDE OPEN!

Warren wouldn't permit it. Sadly, the same can't be said for the Montwood coach. :mad:

mike03car
11-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Warren wouldn't permit it. Sadly, the same can't be said for the Montwood coach. :mad:

Warren said he hasn't seen that from EPM's provided game films this year, but he also didn't discount the possibility.

War Eagle
11-16-2011, 04:59 PM
A little info I got today about the Rams:

They are small and they are quick. They run a spread offense with 70-80% passing. They run one back and no back sets with 4 and 5 WRs all the time. Their philosophy is to chunk it up and see who comes down with it. They look a lot like the McMurray offense.

I was not given any info about the defense.

mike03car
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
A little info I got today about the Rams:

They are small and they are quick. They run a spread offense with 70-80% passing. They run one back and no back sets with 4 and 5 WRs all the time. Their philosophy is to chunk it up and see who comes down with it. They look a lot like the McMurray offense.

I was not given any info about the defense.

Yeah, coach said 5 wides and passing 3/4s of the time. Good luck trying to block keep our down 3 blocked...

Joe Bobs DT
11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
The one thing to remember is, being a major underdog, Montwood will have nothing to lose and that makes them a little more dangerous as far as doing the unexpected. JMO

Abilene High wins by 21

The Dawg has spoken!;)

At least until the 4th qtr:eek: Sorry, couldn't help myself:D Now, about that avatar....

Darn, waaaaay off topic again. Abilene names the score, lots of playoff experience for 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, JV, et al

thestud
11-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah, coach said 5 wides and passing 3/4s of the time. Good luck trying to block keep our down 3 blocked...

methinks Jake McMillon will have fun this week:cool:

mike03car
11-17-2011, 01:57 AM
New post copied from team thread:

Warren talks about playoffs:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=437167&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter (http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=437167&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Shoot2thrill
11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Not that it means anything in the grand scheme of things but the votes are 47-2 in favor of Abilene. Could 47 people be wrong? :eek:

thestud
11-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Not that it means anything in the grand scheme of things but the votes are 47-2 in favor of Abilene. Could 47 people be wrong? :eek:

Pretty sure more than that thought we wouldn't lose to Mansfield in 2008 either ;):(

rinntinntinn
11-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Hello all
I have been reading the site for a couple of years but this is my first post.
Let me say from the beginning that I DO NOT keep up with many teams other than Abilene Eagles so my opinions are definately scewed to that team. I am a Homer alll the way and will not post often.:)
That being said I expect the Eagles to roll over Montwood by at least 21 points. I spoke with an AHS assistant coach who lives down the street from me about the rep of the Montwood coach and this friend says that he thinks the Eagles should have no problems. Montwood seems to do a whole lot of trash talk but he does not expect any cheap shots or obvious late hits.

Shoot2thrill
11-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Pretty sure more than that thought we wouldn't lose to Mansfield in 2008 either ;):(

Preaching to the choir on that one. I just posted that in lieu of posting "bump" like some posters do. ;)

Shoot2thrill
11-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Hello all
I have been reading the site for a couple of years but this is my first post.
Let me say from the beginning that I DO NOT keep up with many teams other than Abilene Eagles so my opinions are definately scewed to that team. I am a Homer alll the way and will not post often.:)
That being said I expect the Eagles to roll over Montwood by at least 21 points. I spoke with an AHS assistant coach who lives down the street from me about the rep of the Montwood coach and this friend says that he thinks the Eagles should have no problems. Montwood seems to do a whole lot of trash talk but he does not expect any cheap shots or obvious late hits.

Welcome to the board. We will take "drive-by posters" like you just as well as "serial posters" like some others. :D

I hope you are right about the cheap shots. :)

thestud
11-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Preaching to the choir on that one. I just posted that in lieu of just posting "bump" like some posters do. ;)

Good job :cool:. Are you making the trip to Grande?

Shoot2thrill
11-18-2011, 08:01 AM

If I can get that ignoramus boss of mine to let me off. :(

Oh wait.... I am the boss. :D I need an afternoon off so yes. :D

You going?

thestud
11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
If I can get that ignoramus boss of mine to let me off. :(

Oh wait.... I am the boss. :D I need an afternoon off so yes. :D

You going?

I'm the assistant boss, but alas not THE boss, so I'll be working :p. Hopefully next week I'll be there.

Shoot2thrill
11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm the assistant boss, but alas not THE boss, so I'll be working :p. Hopefully next week I'll be there.

That sux. If we can pull off the upset this week :eek:, the drive next week will be a lot shorter. :D

Warbird_Dad
11-18-2011, 09:23 AM

I got you covered Stud...I'll be there.

thestud
11-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I got you covered Stud...I'll be there.

Ha I know you have me covered, you're a saint sir :notworthy. just wondering how many of our contingent from here will be going.

Eagle81
11-18-2011, 09:55 AM
This thread made it to 5 pages.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mike03car
11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I'll be leaving San Angelo between 11am-noon and will be seeing both games at Grande today. Then tomorrow I'll be at the Cooper-Amarillo game up at Jones. I'll try to keep all three game updates happening via my twitter, maxpreps app, and scores thread here.

Coug78
11-18-2011, 10:02 AM
I'll be leaving San Angelo between 11am-noon and will be seeing both games at Grande today. Then tomorrow I'll be at the Cooper-Amarillo game up at Jones. I'll try to keep all three game updates happening via my twitter, maxpreps app, and scores thread here.

You have a private jet? :eek: :D

mike03car
11-18-2011, 10:04 AM
You have a private jet? :D

Air Isuzu Rodeo ;)

Coug78
11-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Air Isuzu Rodeo ;)

Watch out for the speed traps near Snyder!

mike03car
11-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Watch out for the speed traps near Snyder!

Family friend from being in West Germany together is a current or retired police officer in Snyder.

tmcran
11-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Leaving about 2pm. Stopping at Woods in C City. Got to get some boots. Wore all the others out doing the rain dance.

thestud
11-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Leaving about 2pm. Stopping at Woods in C City. Got to get some boots. Wore all the others out doing the rain dance.

You know I can help you out with that, right? Give ya the good ol' boy discount;)

thestud
11-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Roll call, say "I" if you're heading to Grande tonight

AHSeagles
11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
You know I can help you out with that, right? Give ya the good ol' boy discount;)

What's this about good ol' boy discount on boots?!?

Warbird_Dad
11-18-2011, 11:10 AM

TM, what are you going to do with the other 3 hours....getting an early start just to buy boots...:confused:

You going to catch some of the Bowie vs Franklin game?

tmcran
11-18-2011, 11:42 AM

Really?

tmcran
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
TM, what are you going to do with the other 3 hours....getting an early start just to buy boots...:confused:

You going to catch some of the Bowie vs Franklin game?

LOL, takes me awhile buying boots. Ah, may watch some of the first game. Really looking forward to a nice WINDY game.:eek:

Warbird_Dad
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
LOL, takes me awhile buying boots. Ah, may watch some of the first game. Really looking forward to a nice WINDY game.:eek:

At least the temps will be bearable...last 2 weeks have been a little chilly with the wind

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/achesandpains/hourbyhour/graph/USTX0888

Redbird
11-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Good Luck to the Warbirds. Harlingen is pulling for you all to make a great run this postseason so don't lose focus and take it one game at a time. Hope it is a well played and injury free game. :heli:

craftysouthpaw
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
good luck to the War hawks

Warbird87
11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
good luck to the War hawks

?????

Warhawks are McMurry University here in Abilene.
Abilene Eagles are aka Warbirds.

craftysouthpaw
11-18-2011, 12:28 PM
?????

Warhawks are McMurry University here in Abilene.
Abilene Eagles are aka Warbirds.
:laugh sorry warbirds

tmcran
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
:laugh sorry warbirds

We got some mean a$$ birds up here.:D

War Eagle
11-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Guess we are blowing out of Abilene at 3, any "must eat" places in Midland?

thestud
11-18-2011, 02:25 PM
What's this about good ol' boy discount on boots?!?

I need a Hook 'em from you first

Coug78
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Go Eaglets!

Eaglette417
11-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Roll call, say "I" if you're heading to Grande tonight

Leaving shortly. Hope we don't get blown off the road. Go eagles!!!!

Durty Burd
11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Anyone else having probs with the live audio stream? Stuck in Houston tonite...:(

Shoot2thrill
11-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Anyone else having probs with the live audio stream? Stuck in Houston tonite...:(

http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-SER.htm

Durty Burd
11-18-2011, 07:14 PM
http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-SER.htm

I'm on an iPad and it's not working! It is NOT helping things that I can LITERALLY hear the Katy HS band playing from the Berry Stadium behind my house....

Coug78
11-18-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm on an iPad and it's not working! It is NOT helping things that I can LITERALLY hear the Katy HS band playing from the Berry Stadium behind my house....

I am on an IPad too and it works fine for me. Maybe I can close the window and you can have my spot? :D

Durty Burd
11-18-2011, 07:36 PM
It looks like KZQQ is trying to work....
I heard that damned Katy High choo choo train horn...but I can't hear my Warbirds!

"There's no place like home..."
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li01d9ViZ61qa1iiqo1_500.jpg

AHSeagles
11-18-2011, 07:40 PM
I need a Hook 'em from you first

...that's a pretty high bargaining price...

Durty Burd
11-18-2011, 07:44 PM
KZQQ is up.
In the words of the great Ricky Bobby:
"Thank you Baby Jesus!"
http://www.filmjackets.com/FILM_JACKETS/TALLADEGA%20NIGHTS/TalladegaNights005.jpg

Eaglette417
11-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Well 14 to 10 isn't quite what I was expecting. I know I don't post alot, but my first half assessment is as follows:
O and D came out really flat. Not sure why we were trying for the long ball so much in the first quarter. O line needs to work a bit on protection and I think the wind is messing with the qb. O started clicking when Paxton got going. We need to stick to our run game!
D having hard time with bubble screens, hot routs, and the quick slants. Doing pretty good against the run. Got much better in the 2nd quarter. Nice INT also!!
Never thought I would see an onside!! Fabulous execution on that. And I know somebody on this forum is gonna be excited about 88 getting to kick.
Not sure why 22 isn't on the field tonight. Makes me a little nervous and opens alot of the middle when he isn't out there.

Durty Burd
11-18-2011, 09:04 PM
KZQQ dead again....aaaaugh!!!

RGVBadBoy
11-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Congrats Eagles from the Rio Grande Valley!!!!! Good Luck next week...:notworthy

Durty Burd
11-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Congrats Eagles from the Rio Grande Valley!!!!! Good Luck next week...:notworthy

Thanks RGV...your weekly support is well appreciated! Good luck tomorrow!

Pariguayo
11-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Wow! Not a score I was expecting, but nevertheless a win, great job Warbirds, on to Round 3 and lots of luck from CARDINAL land. :heli:

warbird00
11-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Any1 have any idea on poosible date/location/time for next weeks game?

mike03car
11-19-2011, 01:07 AM

Saturday, Shotwell, time tbd, opponent : tomorrow's Guyer-Mansfield winner (8pm start)

tmcran
11-19-2011, 01:11 AM

I talked to a few folks at game. Said we play next Sat in Abilene no matter who wins. Not sure on time.

mike03car
11-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Well 14 to 10 isn't quite what I was expecting. I know I don't post alot, but my first half assessment is as follows:
O and D came out really flat. Not sure why we were trying for the long ball so much in the first quarter. O line needs to work a bit on protection and I think the wind is messing with the qb. O started clicking when Paxton got going. We need to stick to our run game!
D having hard time with bubble screens, hot routs, and the quick slants. Doing pretty good against the run. Got much better in the 2nd quarter. Nice INT also!!
Never thought I would see an onside!! Fabulous execution on that. And I know somebody on this forum is gonna be excited about 88 getting to kick.
Not sure why 22 isn't on the field tonight. Makes me a little nervous and opens alot of the middle when he isn't out there.

Boosters were told 22 and 13 would be out for this game only, and 3 would be back which he was. 88 did great on his onside kick.

tmcran
11-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Well,just got home. Just few thoughts. Eagles really flat until Montwood scores. Eagle passing over head of recivers. Running not up to Eagles normal level. Until last few minutes of 1st half. Montwood played hard and ran their O well. Eagles score 14 in about 3-4 minutes. The on side kick was great. 2nd half Eagle O much improved. Rams just had no answer for Eagle run game. Thought Rams O line did great job of protecting the QB. Perhaps after some sleep will see if I wrote what I ment to write :D

#9EagleMom
11-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Game is at 2pm at Shotwell Saturday whoot whoot.... QB was sick...fever and puking with that said we fared well considering!

warbird00
11-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Well,just got home. Just few thoughts. Eagles really flat until Montwood scores. Eagle passing over head of recivers. Running not up to Eagles normal level. Until last few minutes of 1st half. Montwood played hard and ran their O well. Eagles score 14 in about 3-4 minutes. The on side kick was great. 2nd half Eagle O much improved. Rams just had no answer for Eagle run game. Thought Rams O line did great job of protecting the QB. Perhaps after some sleep will see if I wrote what I ment to write :D

seems on point to me. I have some thoughts on the game too, but mainly how it relates to the next one. Bascially, one of our biggest weaknesses is pass defense and it showed. And can we please come up with a third/fourth down stop! Lots of trouble in that area early on. Next game is going to be a fight, regardless of who the opponent is, especially if we start out the way we did this game.

#9EagleMom
11-19-2011, 02:06 AM
seems on point to me. I have some thoughts on the game too, but mainly how it relates to the next one. Bascially, one of our biggest weaknesses is pass defense and it showed. And can we please come up with a third/fourth down stop! Lots of trouble in that area early on. Next game is going to be a fight, regardless of who the opponent is, especially if we start out the way we did this game.

Several of our boys out there were sick this week and tonight...not that that's an excuse but it's fact...and we were missing Xavier in the back on D and he's a key player back there.

D-5
11-19-2011, 02:23 AM

I will have to disagree on the pass defense. Your obviously not up to date on the type of pass offense that montwood uses. It was geared around short quick passes. Montwood definetly knows what they are doing in the passing game. I felt considering that montwood played on a short field the whole first half the D played well. I will say missing some interceptions hurt the D early, especially the one in the endzone. That would of killed a scoring drive there. The adjustments to add extra cover guys, instead of rushers was a good move. In the playoffs a win is a win, doesnt matter in what matter. My hats off to the eagles for moving on. I realize that some fans will hate on the eagles for this win, but moving on is the most important thing.

warbird00
11-19-2011, 07:06 AM
I will have to disagree on the pass defense. Your obviously not up to date on the type of pass offense that montwood uses. It was geared around short quick passes. Montwood definetly knows what they are doing in the passing game. I felt considering that montwood played on a short field the whole first half the D played well. I will say missing some interceptions hurt the D early, especially the one in the endzone. That would of killed a scoring drive there. The adjustments to add extra cover guys, instead of rushers was a good move. In the playoffs a win is a win, doesnt matter in what matter. My hats off to the eagles for moving on. I realize that some fans will hate on the eagles for this win, but moving on is the most important thing.

no hating here, the guys got the win. However, I've seen us use this type of defense for years against a few certain teams and it absolutly frustrates me to no end I dont care who we are playing. You'll see us star this defense most often against Southlake Carroll. You will also have seen it vs ECA, the end of the Klien game, and portions of the Cooper game circa 00-03 when those games were super huge. Could be more, dont catch all the away games, so i have to listen to those more now a days. But as you can see from that list, its not usually very successful. I know exactly why they do it, i know what they are trying to gain with it, and I dont like it. Funny thing that you ask me to update myself on the type of offense MOntwood was running. Perhaps you were not updated that at a certain point late in the second half we brought back in the third rusher. I do not believe Montwood scored another point. Im just sayin.

tmcran
11-19-2011, 07:47 AM
no hating here, the guys got the win. However, I've seen us use this type of defense for years against a few certain teams and it absolutly frustrates me to no end I dont care who we are playing. You'll see us star this defense most often against Southlake Carroll. You will also have seen it vs ECA, the end of the Klien game, and portions of the Cooper game circa 00-03 when those games were super huge. Could be more, dont catch all the away games, so i have to listen to those more now a days. But as you can see from that list, its not usually very successful. I know exactly why they do it, i know what they are trying to gain with it, and I dont like it. Funny thing that you ask me to update myself on the type of offense MOntwood was running. Perhaps you were not updated that at a certain point late in the second half we brought back in the third rusher. I do not believe Montwood scored another point. Im just sayin.
I tend to agree. IMO the extra rushing the extra guy made a big difference. Actually sacked the QB a couple of times. The dropped possible INT were frustrating forthe guys I'm sure .Over all I liked the way the Eagles came back and took over the game. Some of the folks behind us were talking how several of the guys were really sick. Warren must have given them a dose of something at half time. :D

Warbird
11-19-2011, 08:12 AM
So long as we came out of this one without injuries, I'm happy.

EPFootball
11-19-2011, 09:11 AM

Good job Rams way to play and stay in the game... Good luck to Abilene in the 3rd round....

:heli::heli:

rinntinntinn
11-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Ok here are my thoughts.
Eagles were realy flat to start with on both sides of the ball. I think the Rams front lines beat us for most of the game. I also agree that the short quick passes were our biggest problem. Several times when the Rams had third and long (5+ yards) our corners were beyond the first down marker before the ball was snapped and then went backwards. JMO but I think with that type of O we have to jam the receivers.
Tackeling was poor also on many occasions.
However when all is said and done the Eagles live to play one more week and the best part is we are at home. That's two home playoff games in one year. That has got to be a first.

Warbird_Dad
11-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I tend to agree. IMO the extra rushing the extra guy made a big difference. Actually sacked the QB a couple of times. The dropped possible INT were frustrating forthe guys I'm sure .Over all I liked the way the Eagles came back and took over the game. Some of the folks behind us were talking how several of the guys were really sick. Warren must have given them a dose of something at half time. :D

My thoughts..Montwood played a pretty damn good game IMO. They definitely hung with us in the 1st half and controlled the game up until mid way in 2nd Qtr. Abbe (and team) was definitely off last night and had at least 2 balls dropped that should have been picks. That might have made it a closer game if EPM makes those plays. To me it seemed like OL wasn't giving Abbe much time to throw. He would take the snap and have someone in his face immediately. The EP Qb was very good at eluding the pressure and hurt us with the short throws taking advantage of the soft coverage.

Definitely hurt not having #22 back there and #41 was on the sideline allot though the paper said he was the leading tackler. I think that might have been Taz, not Shaq. Alexander did a great job stepping in for Walker and had a career night. Pax was his usual awesome self but Porter never really got untracked. It's really nice having 2 great backs to utilize.

I don't think anyone mentioned it but was pretty cool to see #17 come in as Freshman and complete a pass on his very first varsity snap. This kid will be very good in years to come.

I guess this was a good time to have an off game. Can't afford to be slow starting against Mansfield/Guyer ore we get rolled. Proud of the Eagles for keeping their heads in the game and pulling it together.

youtellatale
11-19-2011, 10:36 AM
2 things:

1) I am super proud of my lil bro, thrown in under pressure circumstances (which he loves) and has a great onside kick in a tie game that swung momentum to AHS in a big way.

2) In regards to Warren going home and home...I don't think he used to do that very often. I believe he would go "neutral" but that always wound up being in the metromess so he figured if we have to drive 3 hours, then we may as well flip and see if they have to drive instead. If Cooper wins today and we both win next week it would be 3 games at shotwell for AHS this season:eek: (BIG if, lol)

Warbird_Dad
11-19-2011, 10:48 AM
2 things:

1) I am super proud of my lil bro, thrown in under pressure circumstances (which he loves) and has a great onside kick in a tie game that swung momentum to AHS in a big way.

2) In regards to Warren going home and home...I don't think he used to do that very often. I believe he would go "neutral" but that always wound up being in the metromess so he figured if we have to drive 3 hours, then we may as well flip and see if they have to drive instead. If Cooper wins today and we both win next week it would be 3 games at shotwell for AHS this season:eek: (BIG if, lol)

Awesome job there on the kick...it was the key to the game turn around. Surprised the heck out of me and probably entire stadium.

Heard that Guyer/Mansfield both wanted Metroplex neutrals so nothing to lose by going for the flip.

D-5
11-19-2011, 01:34 PM

Probably why if coaches listen to fans, they will soon end up in the stands! The defense is a catch 22 if you rush you get questioned for not playing coverage and give up big plays. If you don't you get questioned for not rushing the passer. I was at the game and it was a good mix of both. That is Why the coaches do the coaching and the fans get to get on here and question everything they do. I will take being frustrated and moving on, rather that question what a coaching staff that has won a lot of games is doing. Everyone will have there opinions. Best advice to you is to get on up to the coaching house and express your concerns.

Warbird87
11-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Late getting on the board this week.

EP Montwood was better than I anticipated. Their passing game was pretty effective. QB was elusive and burned us a few times running when our D was turned running with 5 receivers in routes. Their D played the Wildcat alot better then Arlington did but our running game finally wore them down in the third and fourth.

Our guys came out flat. I think they underestimated the Rams. QB Abbe was off on all but 1 pass downfield....maybe the wind? The short passing game was working well. Running game finally got rolling end of first half. Paxton was brilliant again....all 5 TDs. D gave up alot of passing yards and dropped several INTs but made the plays when it counted most.

Onside kick was great call and execution.

Congrats to Montwood....guys played good game and were better than anticipated.

Congrats to the Eagles.....home next week!!!!

mike03car
11-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't think anyone mentioned it but was pretty cool to see #17 come in as Freshman and complete a pass on his very first varsity snap. This kid will be very good in years to come.

Noticed that he's a Lefty; whole new wrinkle for everyone to try to defend in 2013 & 2014. Also, he's the QB coach's son.

Warbird_Dad
11-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Noticed that he's a Lefty; whole new wrinkle for everyone to try to defend in 2013 & 2014. Also, he's the QB coach's son.

Yep, I've been watching Derek play baseball for the last 5 years...he's something special

mike03car
11-19-2011, 11:37 PM
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/nov/19/grayer-stars-as-ahs-slams-montwood/?partner=RSS

It wasn't the belief of the players and of course not their intention to come out slow and sloppy and taking the opponent lightly. But as the players in the interviews state; they did, realized it, and turned it around. Good job getting their act together after bad start.

warbird00
11-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Probably why if coaches listen to fans, they will soon end up in the stands! The defense is a catch 22 if you rush you get questioned for not playing coverage and give up big plays. If you don't you get questioned for not rushing the passer. I was at the game and it was a good mix of both. That is Why the coaches do the coaching and the fans get to get on here and question everything they do. I will take being frustrated and moving on, rather that question what a coaching staff that has won a lot of games is doing. Everyone will have there opinions. Best advice to you is to get on up to the coaching house and express your concerns.

Look D, what I said was not an insult to the coach. Why would I do that? It was a statement about a scheme... one that I think is ridiculous other than for its designed purpose at the end of a close game with a one or two possession lead. I just dont think that you play an entire game in complete prevent. Apparently our coaches agree CAUSE THEY CHANGED IT. lol too funny.

FYI the few times it "worked" I STILL didnt like it. And I still came on here and said so. Years ago. There's just something about pulling just about everyone back into coverage every down on every play that I dont like. If you disagree say why. Tell me how this works for 48 mins of football? Anyhow since this isnt china and posting our thoughts is what this whole forum thing is all about, I'll continue stating the clear and obvious whether it ruffles your feathers or not. :rolleyes: So put down the kool aid and adress my points rather then this whole goofy "tell the coach if you dont like it." Ugh that makes me tired. Its worn out. If you dont want to talk about hs football and hear what others think then you dont have to read this forum. I dont have to like everything that a coach does to think he is great and successful. . :cool:

odessapermian.com
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Bumping this thread because our coach that handles video sent me Hudl footage of this game, I assume because we play Montwood right out of the gate.

It did seem to be a tight game for the most part. Do any of you Abilene fans recall how many underclassmen Montwood had starting in this game?

thestud
03-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Bumping this thread because our coach that handles video sent me Hudl footage of this game, I assume because we play Montwood right out of the gate.

It did seem to be a tight game for the most part. Do any of you Abilene fans recall how many underclassmen Montwood had starting in this game?

I don't remember, but el paso teams historically have a good number of underclassmen making contributions. I recall seeing lots of jr and so next to names on the player guide back when I was in school, and they weren't the jv callups for playoffs.

thestud
03-28-2012, 09:22 PM

The game was a lot closer than it should have been, look closely at the sloppy play on offense, then look at the 2nd half stats and you'll see the real Warbirds finally showed up.