SLC13
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
What games do you see upsets happening?

Here are some possible ones I see...

Keller Central over SLC
Boyd over Skyline
Temple over Longview
Horn over Cove

Kinda of hard for this one to happen since KC is playing Allen and SLC is playing Plano East.............

bowiedawgs01
11-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Kinda of hard for this one to happen since KC is playing Allen and SLC is playing Plano East.............

Ha! I meant to post both of those games, but combined them.

CCDawgs
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Horn over Cove wouldnt be an upset.

bowiedawgs01
11-07-2011, 10:07 AM
A lot of people may expect Horn to be a tough out, I agree. Maybe that makes it not an upset. But in my opinion, a 4-6 team taking down a good, ranked 9-1 team would be an upset. It's not like Cove is a 9-1 El Paso team that's not even ranked in their region.

grayowl60
11-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Garland folks are pulling for Boyd, but matchups will be tough for them

tjw
11-07-2011, 10:11 AM
East
Duncanville
A&M Consolidated.

TrinityTrojan299
11-07-2011, 10:16 AM
East
Duncanville
A&M Consolidated.

:p

alreadyman
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Trinity
Bell
Arlington
Round Rock

tjw
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
;)
:p

Just had to say it when others said Keller Central.:D

You know I hope we meet in round 2 as I love the matchups between Trinity & Allen. Besides no one plays pictionary any better then these schools.

TrinityTrojan299
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
;)

Just had to say it when others said Keller Central.:D

You know I hope we meet in round 2 as I love the matchups between Trinity & Allen. Besides no one plays pictionary any better then these schools.

I hear ya! Logically it makes no sense for us to pull for Allen, but we have made some good friends over there since the 2008 game at the double wide. Some epic battles, great fan bases, and yes some good pictionary! Best to yall Saturday night, and say hi when you see the sprinkling of Trinity shirts in the crowd!

TSOFcoach
11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Timberview over CHHS

Herbron over Guyer

wolfpack4life
11-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Keller Central over SLC
Boyd over Skyline
Temple over Longview
Horn over Cove
Horn over Cove wouldn't be an upset IMO.

I'm currently eye balling McKinney Boyd over Skyline at the moment..

jbabi86
11-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Keller Central over SLC
Boyd over Skyline
Temple over Longview
Horn over Cove

What are your thoughts around these 4 games possibly being 1st round upsets?

vtwinwilly
11-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Garland folks are pulling for Boyd, but matchups will be tough for them
Man... there's nothing I'd like to see more than Boyd pull an upset over Skyline, but I just don't see a scenario where this can happen. Please someone... lay it out for me if you see something I don't.

Skyline has one of the stingiest defenses in the area. In disctrict they've only had 14 points (2 touchdowns) scored against them this season. In the mean time, their offense has been prolific.

I'm a huge Bronco fan, but being realistic I think Boyd will fair about as well as Jesuit did against Skyline. That score was 54-7 Skyline.

Again... please tell me where I'm wrong.

rowncroyal14
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Ahhh, what the hell. Katy loses in round 1.

This place would melt down. :)

Vergon
11-07-2011, 01:39 PM
SA Madison over Judson

Talon5
11-07-2011, 01:48 PM
East
Duncanville
A&M Consolidated.

:rofl:
if i were an allen fan i would be hoping the samething.

Shamu85
11-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Westfield over Lufkin

New Braunfels over Reagan

Warbird
11-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Abilene over Arlington. Or so I'm told that's what it would be.

Eagle81
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Abilene over Arlington. Or so I'm told that's what it would be.

Beat me to it.

profe2010
11-07-2011, 05:21 PM
KC over Allen

titus211
11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Austin Bowie over Austin Westwood (Round Rock ISD, but in Austin)

dmo069
11-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm currently eye balling McKinney Boyd over Skyline at the moment..

McKinney Boyd can be tough. All it takes is a few mistakes by Skyline and they could find themselves in a big hole. Boyd might be the best team they have faced all year.

I_Watch_the_Games
11-07-2011, 08:58 PM
KC over Allen

Based upon the number of folks saying this, I'm beginning to think that Allen is the underdog............

KChargers
11-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Based upon the number of folks saying this, I'm beginning to think that Allen is the underdog............

Allen would like people to believe that... lol... Allen is the heavy favorite in Vegas!

Onside Kick
11-07-2011, 10:19 PM
McKinney Boyd can be tough. All it takes is a few mistakes by Skyline and they could find themselves in a big hole. Boyd might be the best team they have faced all year.

Best team that Skyline has played this year??? Really???

Skyline wins by at least 4 TD's.

Tom
11-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Would Klein Collins over Woodz be considered an upset?

Tom
11-08-2011, 12:49 AM

Yeah, I think I'd say Bowie is better than Boyd.

Eldawgo
11-08-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm trying to tell y'all......a very possible major upset could be A&M Consol over Desoto! This is the one I'm watching to stir things up.

DESOTO
11-08-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm trying to tell y'all......a very possible major upset could be A&M Consol over Desoto! This is the one I'm watching to stir things up.
HOW ARE THE PLAYER TO WATCH FOR WITH A&M CONSOl

Paige70
11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
HOW ARE THE PLAYER TO WATCH FOR WITH A&M CONSOl

Dont fall for it, he is trying to say that a 4th place team is as good as one of the nations best or that 12-5a last place team can play with one of 11-5a best. I am not buying it!

Desoto is going to take Temple to the WOOD SHED, they have too much fire power, speed, and they will Rock n Roll! 56-14 final

God,Family&Football
11-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Dont fall for it, he is trying to say that a 4th place team is as good as one of the nations best or that 12-5a last place team can play with one of 11-5a best. I am not buying it!

Desoto is going to take Temple to the WOOD SHED, they have too much
fire power, speed, and they will Rock n Roll! 56-14 final

Longview plays Temple
Desoto plays AM Cons.

geeez... get it together expert!

lobopride98
11-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Longview plays Temple
Desoto plays AM Cons.

geeez... get it together expert!

Lol

jbabi86
11-08-2011, 09:13 AM
My thoughts:

Longview over Temple
DeSoto over A&M Cons
Mesquite over Belton
Horn over Cove.

The first two are, and should be no brainers. As they say anything can happen....I think Mesquite has enough athletes to take Belton.

The only one I can see 125A winning is Cove/Horn game... sorry Horn fans. I am picking you guys to win. However, with the history of last year, Cove wanting to prove last year was a fluke, and the inconsistent play each week from a talented Horn team, has me leaning that this could be the one that 125A wins.

Horn has the talent........but do they play a solid 48 minutes?

Mr.Knowledge
11-08-2011, 10:48 AM
My thoughts:

Longview over Temple
DeSoto over A&M Cons
Mesquite over Belton
Horn over Cove.

The first two are, and should be no brainers. As they say anything can happen....I think Mesquite has enough athletes to take Belton.

The only one I can see 125A winning is Cove/Horn game... sorry Horn fans. I am picking you guys to win. However, with the history of last year, Cove wanting to prove last year was a fluke, and the inconsistent play each week from a talented Horn team, has me leaning that this could be the one that 125A wins.

Horn has the talent........but do they play a solid 48 minutes?

Talking about no brainers? Anyone with half a brain should see that Belton beats Mesquite.

I see the two divisions splitting games!!

P.S. Cove is loaded with speed and talent and unlike last year is actually playing consistent other than some occaisonal penalties.

Paige70
11-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Lol

Luv it, just trying to keep you guys at attention! :o

jbabi86
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Talking about no brainers? Anyone with half a brain should see that Belton beats Mesquite.

P.S. Cove is loaded with speed and talent and unlike last year is actually playing consistent other than some occaisonal penalties.

I have seen Mesquite play and they have athletes and a good scheme.

I have been accused of having half of brain :D, however, my gut says Mesquite.

I am not totally sold on Horn as others are, but if they come to play.....look out. They have the talent.

It should be a good game... but then again Cove could return the favor....

bowiedawgs01
11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I just don't think 11-5A will sweep. I could be wrong. I think Cove and Belton can win.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
11-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Boyd might be the best team they have faced all year.

How do you think Boyd would matchup with Arlington Bowie and Jesuit?

dmo069
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
How do you think Boyd would matchup with Arlington Bowie and Jesuit?

Boyd > Bowie & Jesuit

dmo069
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Skyline has one of the weakest schedules in the area. Still can't figure out how they are ranked so high and haven't played anyone with a decent pedigree.

Mr. T
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Horn over Cove wouldnt be an upset.

Horn over Cove

Onside Kick
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Skyline has one of the weakest schedules in the area. Still can't figure out how they are ranked so high and haven't played anyone with a decent pedigree.

2 State Champions from Florida and Tennessee plus Arlington Bowie in non-district. Berkner and Jesuit are very solid teams in their district and they made it look easy in wins over them. Wouldnt surprise me if Berkner and Jesuit both win their 1st round games. Boyd's schedule isn't very impresssive. Lost to FM, who Jesuit beat. Let a winless 4A team (McKinney) score 28 on them.

Berkner, Jesuit, and Bowie would all beat Boyd.

Skyline is the real deal. Just wait and see. Skyline will win it all.

LoboFan07
11-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Boyd's schedule isn't very impresssive.

And Jesuit's is?

dmo069
11-08-2011, 01:36 PM
2 State Champions from Florida and Tennessee

Two out of state teams who aren't very good and would have a poor record in many 5A districts in Texas.

Berkner, Jesuit, and Bowie would all beat Boyd.Nope.

Skyline is the real deal. Just wait and see. Skyline will win it all.Let's see what happens when they play a team that matters. If they make it past the 1st round, they might get a chance to play a pretty good Desoto team. A Desoto team that has actually played some competition.

dmo069
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
And Jesuit's is?

Like Skyline's schedule is any better ...

vtwinwilly
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Boyd > Bowie & Jesuit
I hope you're right!

From where I sit, all I have to go on is comparatives and 3 degrees of separation... which I know can be way wrong.

Jesuit squeaks by Flower Mound 42-41

Flower Mound beats Boyd 44-36

Skyline hammers Jesuit 54-7

Admittedly, the Boyd v Flower Mound game was the ugliest game I've ever seen Boyd play. You just can't turn the ball over 7 times and hope to win, but even as improved as they are, I still don't see how the Broncos pull this one off.

Again... I hope I'm wrong and you are right!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
11-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Boyd > Bowie & Jesuit

It's possible. Unfortunately, we don't really have a way of finding out, unless Boyd and Bowie both got that far. About all I know, is that Boyd lost to Flower Mound, who lost to Jesuit, who got slapped around by Skyline. Now, I am not guaranteeing a Skyline victory this Friday night. The games still have to be played. But, that's all we have to go on. I definitely haven't forgotten about South Garland beating Longview not once, but TWICE so, anything can happen.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
11-08-2011, 01:44 PM
2 State Champions from Florida and Tennessee plus Arlington Bowie in non-district. Berkner and Jesuit are very solid teams in their district and they made it look easy in wins over them. Wouldnt surprise me if Berkner and Jesuit both win their 1st round games. Boyd's schedule isn't very impresssive. Lost to FM, who Jesuit beat. Let a winless 4A team (McKinney) score 28 on them.

Well, let's pump the brakes real quick.:D I would love to see Skyline or DeSoto win it all myself but, they have to play them.

As for the bolded part, I see that you beat me to it.

dmo069
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I hope you're right!

From where I sit, all I have to go on is comparatives and 3 degrees of separation... which I know can be way wrong.

Admittedly, the Boyd v Flower Mound game was the ugliest game I've ever seen Boyd play. You just can't turn the ball over 7 times and hope to win, but even as improved as they are, I still don't see how the Broncos pull this one off.

Boyd is a lot better than when they started the season.

dmo069
11-08-2011, 01:48 PM
It's possible. Unfortunately, we don't really have a way of finding out, unless Boyd and Bowie both got that far. About all I know, is that Boyd lost to Flower Mound, who lost to Jesuit, who got slapped around by Skyline. Now, I am not guaranteeing a Skyline victory this Friday night. The games still have to be played. But, that's all we have to go on. I definitely haven't forgotten about South Garland beating Longview not once, but TWICE so, anything can happen.

I still think Skyline wins, but Boyd has the tools to pull an upset if Skyline makes mistakes.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I hope you're right!

At this point, I think everyone has a chance. After seeing what South Garland did to Longview twice, and what Mansfield did to Abilene High about 3 years ago, I'd say that you definitely have a shot. If Skyline is overlooking you, which I doubt that Coach Samples would allow to happen, you'll win.

We'll see on Friday night.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
11-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I still think Skyline wins, but Boyd has the tools to pull an upset if Skyline makes mistakes.

I agree with that.

jbabi86
11-08-2011, 01:53 PM

That's not saying alot..... Jesuit beat Berkner, in OT, and that is the only win Jesuit had against a team with a winning record.

owlfan 1
11-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I believe Boyd is a good, well balanced team. Garland knocked their QB out in the 2nd series of the game and forced them into a one dimemsional attack, which really slowed them down. If they can generate a passing offense, their RB, Driscoll, could have a big night...

I think this weeks game will be similar to the game Skyline had with Galand last year - close for three quarters, then Skyline puts them away...

DragonFan0316
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I can't begin to speculate. Hope SLC isn't one of them. 8-5A was tough and we won't know how tough their playoff teams are until Saturday night. Go Dragons!

c-lisle
11-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Keller Central over SLC
Boyd over Skyline
Temple over Longview
Horn over Cove

I am a little perplexed at why a longview upset is being thrown out there for serious consideration. I know anything can happen but what is expected to happen usually happens. Longview has been playing very well just upsetting the # 3 or 4 ranked team in the state. Temple is a average team from what I think is an average district. i guess we will find out soon enough.

bowiedawgs01
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I didn't say I actually picked Temple in my bracket. But I did say upset. If this was a March Madness bracket, why go around picking 8 seeds over 9 seeds and calling it an upset? I tried to pick some that would be real shockers.

Tom
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM

As a native Tennessean:

1. Tennessee high school football is nowhere close to Texas high school football.
2. Ridgeway is the equivalent of a 4A team.
3. Ridgeway is not a state championship-caliber team this year, even in Tennessee. They got blown out by a couple of other teams in Memphis, one of which finished 6-4.

dmo069
11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Ridgeway is barely a top 50 team in Tennessee and ranked in the 1400's nationally. Cocoa is ranked in the 30's in Florida and in the 330's nationally. Not exactly the kind of stiff competition that some would have us believe.

Joe Bobs DT
11-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Duncanville:eek:
KC:eek:
Lamar

jbabi86
11-11-2011, 11:25 PM

Looks like the correct half of my brain was working so far. Longview and Horn should complete the sweep tomorrow.........

Matthew 2000 Eagle
11-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, the Skyline/Boyd game was never in doubt. I did get the feeling that Coach Samples wasn't showing his full hand last night though. They only ran about 3-4 different plays all night and, well, when you win the battle upfront, you can do that. Boyd seemed like they only ran about 3 different plays all night themselves. Heard some Boyd fans get upset over some questionable calls. At the same time, Boyd got away with a non pass interference call. Other than that, it was a clean game played by both teams. Boyd gave it their best shot and didn't quit. Skyline took that best shot and could've folded when Boyd was "starting" to pickup some momentum. They held it together though.

Props to Boyd for playing hard and not quiting, and props to Skyline on earning that victory.

LoboBooster73
11-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Looks like the correct half of my brain was working so far. Longview and Horn should complete the sweep tomorrow.........

+1

You the man!

papaw
11-12-2011, 11:15 AM
SA Madison over Judson
Looks like you got it.
Papaw

papaw
11-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Berkner and Jesuit are how good?
Papaw

WestlakeTech
11-12-2011, 11:40 AM
sa madison did what??!!!

E-Vol-ution
11-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Boyd > Bowie & Jesuit
lol.....maybe Bowie can play Allen for a better opinion.....all we have to do is keep winning(both of us).

slcdragonfan
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
lol.....maybe Bowie can play Allen for a better opinion.....all we have to do is keep winning(both of us).

I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but what an impressive performance. Congrats, looks like Bowie has it together at the right time.

papaw
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Westlake Tech,
Check the brackets. It shows Madison beat Judson.
Papaw

E-Vol-ution
11-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but what an impressive performance. Congrats, looks like Bowie has it together at the right time.
lol.....I love this under the radar stuff.
Somebody's forgetting how to smell themself from playing Trinity in a close game last year.:D

Maverick2011Fan
11-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Westlake Tech,
Check the brackets. It shows Madison beat Judson.
Papaw

Madison beat Judson with 37 seconds left in the game. Madison 2 pt conversion put it at 25-24 Madison final.

Shamu85
11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Westfield over Lufkin

New Braunfels over Reagan

1 for 1. Let's see how my second pick turns out.

Maverick2011Fan
11-12-2011, 02:49 PM
1 for 1. Let's see how my second pick turns out.

New Braunfels over Reagan?? Sorry, but that ain't gonna happen:rolleyes:

uhsfilmcrew
11-12-2011, 03:32 PM
3rd seeded United beat 2nd seeded Sharyland here in the lower side of the bracket and state. I dont know if thats an official upset.

mcneilmav
11-12-2011, 04:22 PM
3rd seeded United beat 2nd seeded Sharyland here in the lower side of the bracket and state. I dont know if thats an official upset.

Did Alexander win?

uhsfilmcrew
11-12-2011, 08:31 PM
41-18 over Mcallen they next face Brownsville Pace