PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Southlake Carroll vs. Plano East

slcdragonfan
11-05-2011, 07:58 PM
There's been some discussion elsewhere but let's focus it here. Plano East gave a very good scare and a good accounting of themselves against Allen. They have some speed for sure. What are the strengths/weaknesses of each, who do you think will win, and why.

By the way, this is Coach Wasson's first 10-0 season, and from what I can see, he wants to make a mark this year. Southlake responded very well against Guyer.

dragnmom
11-05-2011, 08:05 PM
If the team that played Guyer last night shows up and is prepared to battle....we have a pretty good chance for a pretty good outcome. Am hearing some trash talk already.....so, could be an interesting week. Need to a little background work on PESH before I am able to parse on different sterngths etc.

Just out of curiousity - when was the last time SLC went 10-0? Was it by chance the last time SLC went Div 1?

slcdragonfan
11-05-2011, 08:13 PM
If the team that played Guyer last night shows up and is prepared to battle....we have a pretty good chance for a pretty good outcome. Am hearing some trash talk already.....so, could be an interesting week. Need to a little background work on PESH before I am able to parse on different sterngths etc.

Just out of curiousity - when was the last time SLC went 10-0? Was it by chance the last time SLC went Div 1?

:) Good catch, and you are correct dragnmom, 2006 was our last DI visit. Know what we did then?:D

dragnmom
11-05-2011, 08:19 PM
:) Good catch, and you are correct dragnmom, 2006 was our last DI visit. Know what we did then?:D

Yeah and I am hoping for a repeat.;):yes:

slcdragonfan
11-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah and I am hoping for a repeat.;):yes:

I began to believe it was possible last Friday night. But Plano East is just the type of team we must watch out for.

Super B
11-05-2011, 08:22 PM

Was it perhaps the last time they won a title? Was it perhaps 2006? Is 10 games the longest win streak since 2006? Actually, I think they didn't lose a game between MNW and Abe.

slcdragonfan
11-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Was it perhaps the last time they won a title? Was it perhaps 2006? Is 10 games the longest win streak since 2006? Actually, I think they didn't lose a game between MNW and Abe.

First time to go 10-0 since 2006 in the regular season, and first time for Coach Wasson to go 10-0 in the regular season in his coaching career, he said so on the post-game radio show.

dragnmom
11-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I began to believe it was possible last Friday night. But Plano East is just the type of team we must watch out for.

Agreed - I think the biggest danger we have is over-confidence - we had a really good game last night and yet - there is still room for continuous improvement. If we make those adjustments each week - even in the loaded region we are in, we should be fine.

I am hopeful that Plano East will think that 7-5A is a "weak district" and practice accordingly - make no mistake - we will have our hands full - but I am now more confident that we can also dish.

SLCbandmom
11-05-2011, 08:27 PM

Oooooh, yes, but tell us anyway. I never get tired of hearing it. Better yet, remind our players what happened that year!

dragnmom
11-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Actually - at this point we have to watch out for every team we play! ;)

toonman
11-05-2011, 08:34 PM
The Dragons are already 2-0 against PE and will be 3-0 after next weekend.

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 08:40 PM

i remember very well :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGnR4k48Djo

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Here's hoping some Plano East folks come onboard and post. PE has performed well to close the season.

Here is PE's record:

@ Arlington
49 - 42
Loss

@ Naaman Forest
45 - 27
Win

Keller
45 - 16
Win

Marcus
20 - 10
Loss

Plano West
44 - 36
Loss

Allen
41 - 38
Loss

@ Hebron
20 - 17
Win

Flower Mound
49 - 28
Win

Plano
28 - 24
Win

Lewisville
52 - 28
Win

Finished strong, win over Hebron was good, loss to Arlington first game of the season was by only 7, we all know they played Allen close, and look at their win over Keller as contrasted with the Southlake win.

I would like to know more about the individual players if anyone has info...

yankee
11-06-2011, 10:33 AM
On paper, they seem like a dangerous team. Is Ringo the HC? I think that's Pants' favorite coach, right?

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 10:38 AM
On paper, they seem like a dangerous team. Is Ringo the HC? I think that's Pants' favorite coach, right?

yes, yes, and maybe....he has some love for Peach and Fuller as well.

yankee
11-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Also, I'll be at this game and hope to see some of you guys there!

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Also, I'll be at this game and hope to see some of you guys there!

I'm still torn between a high school reunion (paid for) or this. I am leaning towards this. :)

LR46
11-06-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm still torn between a high school reunion (paid for) or this. I am leaning towards this. :)Believe the game will be alot more fun . . . 'specially with a win for SLC. I love my Plano teams but SLC is #2 to Trinity in my book (fan-wise anyway), so I'm saying SLC has all that it takes to get this one and go deep into November/ December if not win it all.

dragonpants
11-06-2011, 11:11 AM
yes, yes, and maybe....he has some love for Peach and Fuller as well.

Scott Peach is at the bottom or top depending on how you want to look at it.

Fuller and Ringo are supposedly nice guys but I just do not think they have the coaching chops.

Both have been/are at schools with talent and continue to under achieve. Just MO. Both were at Coppell and you have seen what McBride can do over there. I know this year was kind of a mess but he is building a program over there and that takes a little time.

LR46
11-06-2011, 11:16 AM
And just think it is possible we have a Trinity 13-0 vs Southlake 13-0 match up at uhhhh Jerry World (Maybe?) in about 3 weeks or so!!?? :yes:With emphasis onthe MAYBE.

TSOFcoach
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
SLC 34

Plano East 21

If SLC plays the way they did this last friday night we may be seeing SLC make a deep run in the playoffs this season.

dragonpants
11-06-2011, 11:24 AM

Not trying to be the buzz kill but that was 5 years ago and the past has nothing to do with this year.
Great game no doubt and I will never forget it, my dad talks about it to this day.

What happened when we went 10-0 that year has nothing to do with what will happen this year.

The kids thinking about that will only convolute what THEY need to do.

Some how I do not think that Plano East is going to forfeit because of our past record against them, much the opposite.

I have not seen any blonde sightings as of yet but I did not get out much yesterday.

We need to focus on this years Plano East team and not some feel good times in the past.

Sorry for the lecture but I think we all get in the trap of living in the past and if the players have that attitude we will all be scratching our head next Saturday night and looking to put for sale signs in front of Hal's house.

This is not 2006 and these kids should have the opportunity to create their own magic and be their own team and not something we want to dig up from the past. Imagine being a 16-18 year old kid and thinking about being compared to that team. :eek:

allendad
11-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Watch the Panther's ability to STRIP the ball !

We'll be there all day and I, for one, am looking
fwd to seeing this match up.

GO EAGLES ! ! ! !

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Watch the Panther's ability to STRIP the ball !

We'll be there all day and I, for one, am looking
fwd to seeing this match up.

That concerns me with two soph RB's...and Kenny has lost the ball as well.

Are you bringing BDD?

tjw
11-06-2011, 12:41 PM
PESH has the ability to win and lose this game. Talent wise they can win, coaching they can lose. Just figure SLC will win this one though but had to vote for PESH just because they are 8-5A. :D

BTW, if SLC folks are expecting much from PESH fans on this thread then you will be disappointed.

allendad
11-06-2011, 12:46 PM
That concerns me with two soph RB's...and Kenny has lost the ball as well.

Are you bringing BDD?

You betcha !

This will be an ALL DAY FOOTBALL FIESTA ! ! ! ! !

TheBigPeach
11-06-2011, 12:46 PM

My freshman year at Carroll.... What a game!

Go Dragons! Keep winning through my finals period so I can fly down and see a game! :D

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 01:14 PM
My freshman year at Carroll.... What a game!

Go Dragons! Keep winng through my finals period so I can fly down and see a game! :D

You graduated with my daughter then....

alreadyman
11-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Not trying to be the buzz kill but that was 5 years ago and the past has nothing to do with this year.
Great game no doubt and I will never forget it, my dad talks about it to this day.

What happened when we went 10-0 that year has nothing to do with what will happen this year.

The kids thinking about that will only convolute what THEY need to do.

Some how I do not think that Plano East is going to forfeit because of our past record against them, much the opposite.

I have not seen any blonde sightings as of yet but I did not get out much yesterday.

We need to focus on this years Plano East team and not some feel good times in the past.

Sorry for the lecture but I think we all get in the trap of living in the past and if the players have that attitude we will all be scratching our head next Saturday night and looking to put for sale signs in front of Hal's house.

This is not 2006 and these kids should have the opportunity to create their own magic and be their own team and not something we want to dig up from the past. Imagine being a 16-18 year old kid and thinking about being compared to that team. :eek:

I know what you mean but I just wanted to post that up for fun. Well goodluck against pesh I will be rooting for you guys.

SLCbacker
11-06-2011, 02:58 PM
You betcha !

This will be an ALL DAY FOOTBALL FIESTA ! ! ! ! !

We look forward to seeing you guys there. Our paths haven't crossed since Trinity v. Sloppell last year at DS. Should be a great day! My favorite time of year!!

I want to hear the Mariachis play El Rancho Grande! :D:heli:

SLC13
11-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Absolutely correct and the stats show that as well.

Offense.............PE........SLC
YPG.................502.3......392.0
Rushing YPG......280.5......171.3
Passing YPG.......221.8......220.7
PPG..................36.4.......34.3
Defense
YAPG................371.6......355.9
Rushing YAPG.....172.5......212.0
Passing YAPG......199.1......143.9
PAPG.................27.8.......18.8
MISC
TOPG................1.2.........1.8
PenaltiesPG......5.1/45.5....4.6/39.5

Other stats and individual game boxscores are available at: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/plano-east-news/

PE is 6-4 for the season. All of their losses have been by 10 pts or less. They are led by their duel threat QB Corey Wesley who has thrown for 2,200 yds and run for an additional 707 yds. Other big weapons include
* RB Dante Taylor, 1,068 yds rushing and caught 51 balls for 622 yds.
* RB Nathan Meadows, 650 yds rushing.
* Their leading big play receiver is Collin Shaw, who averages 21.8 YPC on 34 receptions.
* Tre Jones also has 35 receptions and averages 14.1 YPC.

With all this offensive firepower, the Dragon defense will have it's hands full on Saturday as will the PE defense with the Dragon's offense. I will be very surprised if this game isn't a real shootout. I, of course, like the Dragons chances, but likely this one will be very competitive to the end.

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 09:10 AM

Defense
MISC

Other stats and individual game boxscores are available at: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/plano-east-news/

PE is 6-4 for the season. All of their losses have been by 10 pts or less. They are led by their duel threat QB Corey Wesley who has thrown for 2,200 yds and run for an additional 707 yds. Other big weapons include
* Their leading big play receiver is Collin Shaw, who averages 21.8 YPC on 34 receptions.

With all this offensive firepower, the Dragon defense will have it's hands full on Saturday as will the PE defense with the Dragon's offense. I will be very surprised if this game isn't a real shootout. I, of course, like the Dragons chances, but likely this one will be very competitive to the end.

Dual-threat QB's have been a difficult task for us this season. Couple that with a good running game from the RB and WR's with hands, and it spells challenge.

TrinityTrojan299
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Thinking....Thinking....

TrinityTrojan299
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Believe the game will be alot more fun . . . 'specially with a win for SLC. I love my Plano teams but SLC is #2 to Trinity in my book (fan-wise anyway), so I'm saying SLC has all that it takes to get this one and go deep into November/ December if not win it all.

This! Good luck Dragons Saturday night.

SLC 35
PESH-17

SLCbacker
11-07-2011, 10:55 PM
PESH has the ability to win and lose this game. Talent wise they can win, coaching they can lose. Just figure SLC will win this one though but had to vote for PESH just because they are 8-5A. :D

BTW, if SLC folks are expecting much from PESH fans on this thread then you will be disappointed.

You and 5 Coppell people have voted against the Dragons. :D I would have figured you of all people would know better than to go against Carroll in the playoffs. ;)

If the Dragons play like they did against Guyer, they should win. The turnovers/mistakes will need to be eliminated.

WildcatWarrior
11-08-2011, 12:10 AM
You and 5 Coppell people have voted against the Dragons. :D I would have figured you of all people would know better than to go against Carroll in the playoffs. ;)

If the Dragons play like they did against Guyer, they should win. The turnovers/mistakes will need to be eliminated.

If SLC wants to beat PE they better not play like they did against Guyer. I am sure the SLC fans enjoyed the final score but it took a great catch on a 3rd and 17 conversion to close out Guyer. Trust me SLC did deserve the win but they need to eliminate their turnovers. They both had a lot of turnovers. On 5 straight possessions they kept giving it back to each other. I am sure they will agree with me. The Guyer and SLC was closer then it appeared.

All I know that if PE doesn't control Kenny Hill it will be a long night for PE. I will be at the game and can't wait to watch SLC represent 7-5A. Good luck SLC.

Shoot2thrill
11-08-2011, 04:29 AM
I'll take SLC in a close one - 7 points or so. :)

Bellaboosmommy
11-08-2011, 08:13 AM
So is there a specific area that you SLC fans meet up at or tailgate? Wouldn't mind meeting a few of y'all.....and I'm sure the hubby would like to talk to someone other than me about the game...lol :o

Fleeman93
11-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Defense
MISC

Interesting that both teams have put up such similar numbers. I give the slight edge to PE due to their more difficult schedule. I think these two teams are very evenly matched with the team making the most mistakes (may be just 1) losing.

SLCbacker
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
So is there a specific area that you SLC fans meet up at or tailgate? Wouldn't mind meeting a few of y'all.....and I'm sure the hubby would like to talk to someone other than me about the game...lol :o

Not much tailgating this week considering the venue. Most will be inside watching the game before ours. You can pm me if you want to meet in the stadium.

SLC Dragon Fan
11-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Interesting that both teams have put up such similar numbers. I give the slight edge to PE due to their more difficult schedule. I think these two teams are very evenly matched with the team making the most mistakes (may be just 1) losing.

Based on your logic you should give the edge to SLC not PE. SLC had a tougher schedule than PE. The SOS rank on this website is 12 for SLC and 67 for PE. In addition, all 3 of SLC's nondistrict opponents (Copperas Cove, LD Bell and Richardson Berkner) are in the playoffs). Only one of Plano East's nondistrict opponents made the playoffs (Arlington).

slcdragonfan
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to imagine of your post would go over very well with the dragon faithful of you were from a different school and were saying this about Wasson where is dragnmom and slcdf?

I don't care for the 'dirty' comment. Not what I would say. He is not my favorite Coach, but he wins, and he gets his kids passionate. If I were a Guyer fan I'd like him a lot I suspect.

I think the passion can equate to greater aggressiveness which shows in their excellent D-line...but can get you caught a few times. In our game with Guyer, I think the first team called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was.....Southlake Carroll! :eek:

And I was out picking up a bicycle and dinner, I do actually leave the board sometimes. I know, it is hard to believe. :)

JagFan
11-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Nm

jc84chill
11-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Stay on topic please.

TrinityTrojan80
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
My pick for this game would be rather lop-sided since SLC has a great passing attack.
63-17
:yes:

WolfpackPride
11-09-2011, 02:10 AM
First thing to understand about Plano East is they really don't like to be referred to as PESH. I know there was some discussion in previous times about some Carroll folks preferring not to be referred to as Southlake. I guess It's kind of the same type thing. I have several friends whose kids go to East and they appreciate being called East.

As much as I wish it was West Playing Carroll in this game, West will be back next year and better than we were this year. We played a great game against Carroll at SMU, for about 1 qtr. We would have done much better this year.

In my opinion Coach Ringo is one of the big reasons that East was able to play Allen as well as they did. He came in with the perfect game plan that gave his team the best chance to win.

QB Wesley is a true dual threat and is an above average passer. His mobility helps with his passing and he has gotten better at it as the season has gone on. His achiles heel is when he gets pressured and has tended to make some bad choices at times leading to turnovers.

To compliment Wesley's mobility are the RB's Dante Taylor and Nathan Meadors. Between the three of these guys they have been very effective at creating balance in the East offense. Taylor has not only been the most productive rusher he has also been one of the most productive recievers so he is a dual threat as well as Wesley.

I think Hill is a slightly better QB than Wesley. Hill looks to be a bit taller, just as mobile and has a little better presence and tends to make fewer mistakes. They both have areas for improvements.

I can't remember has Carroll ever played East?

I am looking for a very interesting game and I think East will end up taking the game by 7-10 points.

dragonpants
11-09-2011, 06:35 AM
For the whatever it's worth department Massey has this game Carroll 34-28.

East has the type of team that can give us trouble with lots of speed. If their QB does a good job running the zone read could be a difficult time. I do not know if that is part of their offense or not but I am assuming so.

What I have not heard anything about is the strength or weakness of the OL and DL.

I have not seen them play since we played them in '05?

tjw
11-09-2011, 07:38 AM
For the whatever it's worth department Massey has this game Carroll 34-28.

East has the type of team that can give us trouble with lots of speed. If their QB does a good job running the zone read could be a difficult time. I do not know if that is part of their offense or not but I am assuming so.

What I have not heard anything about is the strength or weakness of the OL and DL.

I have not seen them play since we played them in '05?

They were on tv in Oct.:eek:

East has the athletes to win but not the coaching. Ever since Ringo applied for HC at Carroll the players have revolted against him. The few East posters on here have since been saying time for Ringo to go for years now.

If East plays to potential without Ringo getting in the way:
East 35
SLC 31

If Ringo coaches and players do not play for him as well as they can:
East 21
SLC 35

StormingCowboy
11-09-2011, 11:54 AM
One of the concerns about Carroll is their playing to the level of the competition. However, the one common theme has been present no matter how bad or good their opponents opponents is that they always made a play or got a stop when they MOST needed it. That shows that they know how to win and keep their composure when it gets tight.

I have to say the same thing with Allen.

I look for SLC to continue this pattern for a win.

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
11-09-2011, 12:45 PM

That is the best video I've seen showing the crowd at Texas Stadium that day. :yes:

Trinity/SLC or SLC/Trinity got cheated out of an attendance record that day due to the debacle at Texas Stadium.

yankee
11-09-2011, 01:52 PM

I've never seen that video before. Thanks for sharing, that is awesome. Brings back great memories for me. :)

Truly something I'll remember for the rest of my life. Incredible game, incredible atmosphere. From that point on, Trinity became my 2nd favorite team in TX.

allendad
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
First thing to understand about Plano East is they really don't like to be referred to as PESH. I know there was some discussion in previous times about some Carroll folks preferring not to be referred to as Southlake. I guess It's kind of the same type thing. I have several friends whose kids go to East and they appreciate being called East.

As much as I wish it was West Playing Carroll in this game, West will be back next year and better than we were this year. We played a great game against Carroll at SMU, for about 1 qtr. We would have done much better this year.

In my opinion Coach Ringo is one of the big reasons that East was able to play Allen as well as they did. He came in with the perfect game plan that gave his team the best chance to win.

QB Wesley is a true dual threat and is an above average passer. His mobility helps with his passing and he has gotten better at it as the season has gone on. His achiles heel is when he gets pressured and has tended to make some bad choices at times leading to turnovers.

To compliment Wesley's mobility are the RB's Dante Taylor and Nathan Meadors. Between the three of these guys they have been very effective at creating balance in the East offense. Taylor has not only been the most productive rusher he has also been one of the most productive recievers so he is a dual threat as well as Wesley.

I think Hill is a slightly better QB than Wesley. Hill looks to be a bit taller, just as mobile and has a little better presence and tends to make fewer mistakes. They both have areas for improvements.

I can't remember has Carroll ever played East?

I am looking for a very interesting game and I think East will end up taking the game by 7-10 points.

PESH came out in the game against Allen in different formations and plays that it had not used before that game. Great strategy by the PESH coaching staff. That caught Allen's D totally unprepared.

WolfpackPride
11-09-2011, 04:47 PM
PESH came out in the game against Plano North in different formations and plays that it had not used before that game. Great strategy by the PESH coaching staff. That caught Plano North's D totally unprepared.

FIFY :D

Any team that can spread out the Plano North D and has speed at QB and RB will be able to give them fits and starts. How many shuttle passes did they throw? Two? One, if memory serves right ended in a long long run for a TD with Plano North's players late off their blocks and flailing their arms to try and make tackles. Shirley that's not how them defensive coaches teach them to tackle over at Plano North.

Were the East blockers that good or is the Plano North Defense that bad? When the East offense spread the field that is when the lack of defensive speed for Plano North was exposed.

Carroll will have the same issues if they don't make the quick adjustments to what East shows them.

allendad
11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
FIFY :D

Any team that can spread out the Plano North D and has speed at QB and RB will be able to give them fits and starts. How many shuttle passes did they throw? Two? One, if memory serves right ended in a long long run for a TD with Plano North's players late off their blocks and flailing their arms to try and make tackles. Shirley that's not how them defensive coaches teach them to tackle over at Plano North.

Were the East blockers that good or is the Plano North Defense that bad? When the East offense spread the field that is when the lack of defensive speed for Plano North was exposed.

And yet, y'all still lost ! We gave ya the ball like six times, but you still couldn't beat us. PESH TRADITION AT ITS FINEST ! ! ! ! !

Carroll will have the same issues if they don't make the quick adjustments to what East shows them.

I will presume that the PESH team will have the same luck that all the PESH teams have had lately. The NORTH Plano D did not play well that night. However, they have BEATEN the littler Plano schools like PESH, PSH, and PW for the past five years ! ! ! ! ! ! I think PESH will see a more disciplined defense Saturday that will NOT allow them to run around all over the place.

Hey WolfPackPride . . . .
Glad y'all could SLIP into the playoffs on the last night of the season. Nothing like SQUEEKING into the bottom spot at the last minute. By the way . . . . How many games did your great coach lead you into defeat this year ? ? ? ?

I guess that's a 4th place team for ya ! ! ! ! !

GO DRAGONS ! ! ! ! ! !

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
11-09-2011, 06:44 PM
OK, I voted for SC simply because I wanted to!

slcdragonfan
11-09-2011, 06:44 PM

GO DRAGONS ! ! ! ! ! !

I must admit, I like it when Allendad says that....:D

WolfpackPride
11-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I must admit, I like it when Allendad says that....:D

Don't get to used to it! It's either his medications talking or his vain attempt to try and lash out at his wonderful neighbors to the south without whom Plano North would not be where they are today!!

The luster will quickly fade and if you guys dispatch East like the majority of Kool-Aid drinkers think you will good old allendad will turn on you like a jilted lover !!!

All he wants is another rematch to try and regain some of the manhood that has been so completely ripped from him after suffering defeat at the hands of the Dragons for what seems like eternity!!:notworthy

It's nice when the team that has owned you gets to feel some of that pain. :D

WolfpackPride
11-09-2011, 08:31 PM
And yet, y'all still lost ! We gave ya the ball like six times, but you still couldn't beat us. PESH TRADITION AT ITS FINEST ! ! ! ! !

I will presume that the PESH team will have the same luck that all the PESH teams have had lately. The NORTH Plano D did not play well that night. However, they have BEATEN the littler Plano schools like PESH, PSH, and PW for the past five years ! ! ! ! ! ! I think PESH will see a more disciplined defense Saturday that will NOT allow them to run around all over the place.

Hey WolfPackPride . . . .
Glad y'all could SLIP into the playoffs on the last night of the season. Nothing like SQUEEKING into the bottom spot at the last minute. By the way . . . . How many games did your great coach lead you into defeat this year ? ? ? ?

I guess that's a 4th place team for ya ! ! ! ! !
GO DRAGONS ! ! ! ! ! !

Ahh the missed opportunity to slam the right fan base.

Wolfpack = Plano West
East East Panthers = Plano East
Sucks = Plano (No One likes those Guys ;) :D)
Eagles = Plano North

I must say though your insults directed at the East fan base was very witty and sharp! Have you thought of teaching a class?

Be careful slamming 4th place teams or you could find yourself musing as to why you never have a good basketball team earlier than you might like!!

East is a better team than the one that almost beat you and I keep hearing that this Carroll defense may not be a disciplined/talented as in past years.

We will see if Wasson San can keep that Blonde Ambition in check and controlled. :D

slcdragonfan
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Wolfpack = Plano West
Eagles = Plano North

I must say though your insults directed at the East fan base was very witty and sharp! Have you thought of teaching a class?

Be careful slamming 4th place teams or you could find yourself musing as to why you never have a good basketball team earlier than you might like!!

East is a better team than the one that almost beat you and I keep hearing that this Carroll defense may not be a disciplined/talented as in past years.

We will see if Wasson San can keep that Blonde Ambition in check and controlled. :D

No one from Carroll is taking Plano East lightly from what I have seen. There may be some homer picks for scores, but most of us are concerned about this team.

dragonbuck
11-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Wolfpack = Plano West
Eagles = Plano North

I, like other Dragon faithful, are concerned about PESH's team speed. However, I am not concerned about Dragon team discipline. Against a very hard hitting and aggressive Guyer team, the Dragons kept their collective cool, with only 1 penalty. It would have been very easy to get into a "chippy" mode, but the Dragons showed great discipline. We have no concerns about that....PESH's athelticism maybe.

WolfpackPride
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
No one from Carroll is taking Plano East lightly from what I have seen. There may be some homer picks for scores, but most of us are concerned about this team.

A very wise approach. This game is one where If I was either team I would not feel comfortable with less than a 21 point lead. Well at least untill midway through the 4th Q.

I think either team could go on a tear and light the other one up to close a gap.

I hope this game is as competitive as I am expecting it to be. I for one can't wait!

allendad
11-09-2011, 09:47 PM
There's so much to say to Wolfpack . . . . . but I don't want to hijack more time than I have.

PESH is a good team.

They will move the ball and score points.

Carroll will do the same.

I have more confidence in Carroll's D so . . . .

SLC - 38
PESH-24

See y'all Saturday !

Fleeman93
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Based on your logic you should give the edge to SLC not PE. SLC had a tougher schedule than PE. The SOS rank on this website is 12 for SLC and 67 for PE. In addition, all 3 of SLC's nondistrict opponents (Copperas Cove, LD Bell and Richardson Berkner) are in the playoffs). Only one of Plano East's nondistrict opponents made the playoffs (Arlington).

HSSports.net had Plano East at 11 and SLC at 22. I can't buy that Allen is sneaking by all of these power house teams in that district and think Plano East has an easier schedule than SLC. Below is a list of each team's opponents rankings:

SLC in Green
PE in Black

Opponent Opponent Rank

Allen HS.........................2
Marcus HS......................8
Hebron HS.......................27
Copperas Cove.................28
John H Guyer HS..............30
Plano West Senior HS........46
Central HS - Keller.............59
Fossil Ridge HS.................88
Coppell HS.......................90
Flower Mound HS...............101
Plano Senior HS................118
Arlington HS.....................135
L V Berkner HS..................146
L D Bell HS........................188
Northwest HS....................218
Lewisville HS......................266
Keller HS...........................303
Keller HS...........................303
Naaman Forest HS..............454
Saginaw...........................548

By HSSports.net PE has an average opponent ranking of 146 and SLC has an average opponent ranking of 169.8.

SLC13
11-10-2011, 12:01 AM

Wolfpack = Plano West
Eagles = Plano North

While the Dragon D has given up more yards per game than normal, especially early in the year, they have shown a remarkable ability to "bend not break". Their PAPG is 18.8 which is very similar to other SLC teams this decade. In fact when you compare the two teams that is one of the few differences. Both PESH and SLC give up similar YAPG, but PESH gives up 9 more PPG than SLC.

So while I believe it will be a close game, I also expect that the Dragons will win because they will make more stops than PESH.

SLC13
11-10-2011, 12:20 AM
One of the concerns about Carroll is their playing to the level of the competition. However, the one common theme has been present no matter how bad or good their opponents opponents is that they always made a play or got a stop when they MOST needed it. That shows that they know how to win and keep their composure when it gets tight.

I have to say the same thing with Allen.

I look for SLC to continue this pattern for a win.

You hit upon one of the two big intangibles that favor SLC in this game.

Statistically the teams are almost equal, yet SLC is 10-0 and PESH is 6-4. If you look at losses and close games for each team, the main difference is that SLC has made the plays necessary to finish out and win games.

The other is equally as important, IMO........

A large number of the SLC starters have significant PO experience having been contributors in last year's run to the Region finals. How many PESH starters will be taking the field in the PO's for the first time on Saturday??

tjw
11-10-2011, 07:28 AM
East...East...East...East...East...East...East! :D

allendad
11-10-2011, 08:50 AM
While the Dragon D has given up more yards per game than normal, especially early in the year, they have shown a remarkable ability to "bend not break". Their PAPG is 18.8 which is very similar to other SLC teams this decade. In fact when you compare the two teams that is one of the few differences. Both PESH and SLC give up similar YAPG, but PESH gives up 9 more PPG than SLC.

So while I believe it will be a close game, I also expect that the Dragons will win because they will make more stops than PESH.

I can appreciate what you're saying.

Our D,in 2008, gave up yards every game . . . but had a APA of like 14 that year. I feel that yardage doesn't tell the whole story . . . . scoring defense is the most important stat.

dragonbuck
11-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Being that there have only been 2 SLC teams in this decade, are you saying this is a lot like last year's defense -the only other team in this decade?:confused:

padcrasher
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM

They also gave Guyer fits last game.

ftw star telegram

Heard had trouble getting into a rhythm in the passing game, as he was sacked five times for minus-22 yards, including 3 1/2 sacks by Jeff Miller.

“That was unfamiliar to us,” Walsh said of the defensive pressure. “They did a good job of getting to him. We have to tighten our screws on that. We’ve been really comfortable in our pass protection, and tonight they got after us.”

SLC13
11-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Being that there have only been 2 SLC teams in this decade, are you saying this is a lot like last year's defense -the only other team in this decade?:confused:
Jeez, I wrote that after midnight......... "Last 10 years including all the championship years" ........is that better??

TrinityTrojan299
11-10-2011, 04:06 PM

SLC_SLC_SLC_SLC_SLC_SLC_SLC! :yes:

dragonpants
11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
I think stat comparisons are not a good gauge as both teams played in different districts against 10 different opponents. Their district has no Saginaws or NW's in their district except maybe Lewisville but I think Lewisville beats those two teams. I am not saying it is not a worthwhile discussion but certainly basing your opinion completely on stats will leave you scratching your head. Match ups in football are the key. Where are the weaknesses and does each team have the players and coaches to exploit it.

For me I am predicting a Carroll victory because I am a completely idiotic, green bleeding, only drink beer from green bottles during the playoffs,green flag flying on my black SUV,home and away shoe wearing homer Dragon fan.

RAN1W2K
11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
For me I am predicting a Carroll victory because I am a completely idiotic, green bleeding, only drink beer from green bottles during the playoffs,green flag flying on my black SUV,home and away shoe wearing homer Dragon fan.LOL I love the way you put this way to stand up for your home team.

dragonpants
11-10-2011, 04:25 PM
LOL I love the way you put this way to stand up for your home team.

What can I say, I can talk football pretty well but the bottom line is, if Carroll was playing LSU on Saturday I would find a way to rationalize a close game. :rofl:

yankee
11-10-2011, 06:12 PM
It's funny how much I associate avatars with posters. Never even glanced at Pants' name because I saw the black panther and assumed it was pantherfan. Then I read the post about being a beer drinking idiot and THEN I checked the username and it all made sense. :D

dragonpants
11-10-2011, 06:24 PM
It's funny how much I associate avatars with posters. Never even glanced at Pants' name because I saw the black panther and assumed it was pantherfan. Then I read the post about being a beer drinking idiot and THEN I checked the username and it all made sense. :D

I am supporting Pantherfan and the future alcoholics I mean his sons until I return from the Gopher Bowl on Friday night and I have a number of choices for avatars for Saturday.

We all know I drink and I am an idiot but you better be nice because I know who your parents are now. ;)

Is your brother a soph or Jr.?
Are you leaving red neck hell to come and see the game or you going noodling again?

yankee
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Is your brother a soph or Jr.?
Are you leaving red neck hell to come and see the game or you going noodling again?

That made me chuckle. He's a Junior. And yes I'm leaving Soonerland and coming to the game. Will be the first varsity Dragon game I've seen this year.

Btw, noodling season is over. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!

dragonpants
11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
That made me chuckle. He's a Junior. And yes I'm leaving Soonerland and coming to the game. Will be the first varsity Dragon game I've seen this year.

Damn that place ruined you. You are not supposed to know that crap.
I am going to have to talk to your dad, you are lost forever we need to make sure your brother goes to a nice yankee school like Rutgers or Cuse.

dragonbuck
11-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Jeez, I wrote that after midnight......... "Last 10 years including all the championship years" ........is that better??

Sorry I wrote my comment after 3 cups of coffee and was a little "knitpicky." I knew what you meant, just being a pain the arse;)

dragonbuck
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I think stat comparisons are not a good gauge as both teams played in different districts against 10 different opponents. Their district has no Saginaws or NW's in their district except maybe Lewisville but I think Lewisville beats those two teams. I am not saying it is not a worthwhile discussion but certainly basing your opinion completely on stats will leave you scratching your head. Match ups in football are the key. Where are the weaknesses and does each team have the players and coaches to exploit it.

For me I am predicting a Carroll victory because I am a completely idiotic, green bleeding, only drink beer from green bottles during the playoffs,green flag flying on my black SUV,home and away shoe wearing homer Dragon fan.

What.....no green thong, like Dragonpants?

dragonbuck
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Damn that place ruined you. You are not supposed to know that crap.
I am going to have to talk to your dad, you are lost forever we need to make sure your brother goes to a nice yankee school like Rutgers or Cuse.

What, no Penn State?

New Blood Panther
11-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Ill start with this, yeah we lost to Allen, but that game let us know we could play with anybody on any day. We have been on a mission since that game, the proof is that we came out of nowhere and made the playoffs. We will go into this game with the same attitude that we have had since the Allen game, We got nothing to lose! We are going to play loose and fast! SLC will see first hand how fast we are. I know this all sounds like a homer talking, but honestly I have a gut feeling that we are going to continue playing well and upset SLC. I think with a couple of stops and winning the turnover battle we will outscore SLC 38-34. Good luck to the Dragons!

slcdragonfan
11-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Ill start with this, yeah we lost to Allen, but that game let us know we could play with anybody on any day. We have been on a mission since that game, the proof is that we came out of nowhere and made the playoffs. We will go into this game with the same attitude that we have had since the Allen game, We got nothing to lose! We are going to play loose and fast! SLC will see first hand how fast we are. I know this all sounds like a homer talking, but honestly I have a gut feeling that we are going to continue playing well and upset SLC. I think with a couple of stops and winning the turnover battle we will outscore SLC 38-34. Good luck to the Dragons!

Good to hear from you and of course you believe in your team. As 'pants said, it is all about matchups and you matchup well with us. Good luck and health to you as well, we are looking for a real battle. By the way, many of us saw you in the Allen game, we have an idea of what you bring to the field.

dragonsdaddy
11-11-2011, 07:24 AM

only because they don't make wet suits that the toothless can figure out how to wear. i know the opwd doesn't have game laws against it.

dragonpants
11-11-2011, 07:59 AM
What.....no green thong, like Dragonpants?

Law enforcement has notified me only in the parking lot where I am allowed to practice free speech but I have to abide by Jerry World rules once inside.

It is the playoffs dummy, black thong......

dragonpants
11-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Ok here is the prediction for Saturday.

Carroll 31 East 24.

I had to deduct 3 points for Ringo so it would have been 31-27. Ringo could actually cost his team more than 3 but I am feeling charitable today.

I also think that it is East's first time playing at Jerry World, I know all the crap about the field being the same size but watch your team closely during warm up they will be looking straight up in the air taking it all in, as well they should.

Carroll of course is undefeated there and we now use that as our indoor facility during the week, since the booster club has purchased the helicopters for the players to get to away games, we still have the timeshare on the corporate jet should we need to travel further away.

I am betting that the football play I most long for, the onside kick will happen in our game on Saturday, not by us of course but I will take it. By far the most exciting play in football. I am sure Slcdragonfan, SLCbacker and a few others are tired of hearing about it but until it happens I am going to bring it up on every kick off.

:rofl:

slcdragonfan
11-11-2011, 09:46 AM

Carroll 31 East 24.

I had to deduct 3 points for Ringo so it would have been 31-27. Ringo could actually cost his team more than 3 but I am feeling charitable today.

I also think that it is East's first time playing at Jerry World, I know all the crap about the field being the same size but watch your team closely during warm up they will be looking straight up in the air taking it all in, as well they should.

Carroll of course is undefeated there and we now use that as our indoor facility during the week, since the booster club has purchased the helicopters for the players to get to away games, we still have the timeshare on the corporate jet should we need to travel further away.

I am betting that the football play I most long for, the onside kick will happen in our game on Saturday, not by us of course but I will take it. By far the most exciting play in football. I am sure Slcdragonfan, SLCbacker and a few others are tired of hearing about it but until it happens I am going to bring it up on every kick off.

:rofl::rofl:

I'm thinking first play of the game...what do you think?

ALLENFANDINGO5
11-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Carroll 31 East 24.

They lost to Coppell 14-0 or 14-7 in '09. But I still believe the current streaks will continue for both teams.

dragonpants
11-11-2011, 11:10 AM

I hope so. It is overdue. I need an onside kick in a Carroll game. I do not care which team does it.

I_Watch_the_Games
11-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I hope so. It is overdue. I need an onside kick in a Carroll game. I do not care which team does it.

It might be the wise thing for Carroll to do given Bassett's incredible return skills. I would avoid kicking to him altogether... so maybe you will get ur wish!

bigdaddydog
11-11-2011, 01:29 PM
They lost to Coppell 14-0 or 14-7 in '09. But I still believe the current streaks will continue for both teams.

Did Someone say STREAK!?!

Head says Carroll, Heart says Plano East in this game. I just have to decide if I make a sign for this game or one of the other games tomorrow....

I'm feeling creative...;)

One favor to ask though. Could you guys just focus on the run, we'd like to start our game before 10pm please? :D

~

dragonpants
11-11-2011, 01:49 PM
It might be the wise thing for Carroll to do given Bassett's incredible return skills. I would avoid kicking to him altogether... so maybe you will get ur wish!

Our kick off guy will not give him the opportunity. With no wind he kicks either too deep or out of the end zone.

tjw
11-11-2011, 07:04 PM

SLCbacker
11-11-2011, 07:04 PM
At the end of the day, this comes down to the 10-0 7-5A champion vs. The 4th place team from 8-5A. If Southlake doesn't turn the ball over, SLC wins by 17. Turnovers could keep this close.

Dragons 38
PESH 21

tjw
11-11-2011, 07:07 PM
At the end of the day, this comes down to the 10-0 7-5A champion vs. The 4th place team from 8-5A. If Southlake doesn't turn the ball over, SLC wins by 17. Turnovers could keep this close.

Dragons 38
PESH 21

East will be trying to strip the ball every down.;)

SLCbacker
11-11-2011, 07:14 PM
East will be trying to strip the ball every down.;)

That's what I hear. I gotta trust our boys will hang on to it. I think the Dragon D will have more stops than people think. I liked the way they handled Guyer last week.

DTOWNbred
11-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Plano East will win!

:heli::heli::cool::D

DTOWNbred
11-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Can anyone confirm Ringo is leaving after this year? That's all i really care about. The guy has destroyed our program.

allendad
11-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Can anyone confirm Ringo is leaving after this year? That's all i really care about. The guy has destroyed our program.

I hope so !

For everyone's sake ! ! ! ! !

DTOWNbred
11-11-2011, 11:07 PM
I hope so !

For everyone's sake ! ! ! ! !

why? you guys have owned us ever since he got there.

that wasn't the case when i was playing there. whoever is the next coach, he needs to bring back defense to plano east.

we used to have the best defenses in the area, year in and out. that has deteriorate under Coach "one eye on SLC job openings" Ringo.

dragonpants
11-12-2011, 06:09 AM
why? you guys have owned us ever since he got there.

that wasn't the case when i was playing there. whoever is the next coach, he needs to bring back defense to plano east.

we used to have the best defenses in the area, year in and out. that has deteriorate under Coach "one eye on SLC job openings" Ringo.

Ringo has his eyes on every job opening, similar to Shipley when he was at Coppell.

dragonpants
11-12-2011, 06:10 AM

Of course last night Colleyville kicks an on side kick and I miss it.

dragonpants
11-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Well 2 of my "favorite" 3 coaches lost last night, shocker and 1 more to go.

allendad
11-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Well 2 of my "favorite" 3 coaches lost last night, shocker and 1 more to go.

HEY, be gentle with us Pants ! ! ! ! !

Go get it done tonight.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

slcdragonfan
11-12-2011, 08:29 AM
HEY, be gentle with us Pants ! ! ! ! !

Go get it done tonight.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

Your coach isn't one of the 3 I guarantee.

TrinityTrojan299
11-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Good luck today Dragons!!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys play tonight :notworthy

E-Vol-ution
11-12-2011, 12:17 PM
If all I had was one eye.......it would be on this game.:cool:

TrinityTrojan299
11-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Great win Dragons!

CHill
11-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Of course last night Colleyville kicks an on side kick and I miss it.

Didn't go ten yards!

drgnbkr
11-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Great win Dragons!

Some good ol playoff defense for the Dragons...And a heavy dose of some serious Kenny Hill!

yankee
11-12-2011, 10:21 PM
After watching my first Carroll game of the year, was very impressed with Hill's running ability. Can't believe I've seen Carroll fans complain about him running too much this season. I understand we want to keep him healthy, but he's the best runner on our team.

maxtor
11-12-2011, 10:29 PM
After watching my first Carroll game of the year, was very impressed with Hill's running ability. Can't believe I've seen Carroll fans complain about him running too much this season. I understand we want to keep him healthy, but he's the best runner on our team.

He had 186 yards. Not too bad.;)

dragonpants
11-12-2011, 10:43 PM

That has never been my complaint, he has skills no doubt but the kid was in serious pain tonight and we just kept running him. The pain he endured was amazing. What a player, what a heart.
My biggest complaint is that the play calling is predictable and if he goes down we are sunk.
I hope he is able to be 100% next week.

Defense continues to play lights out, I have not seen the stats but heard bits and pieces of the post game show and heard that we kept East to half their avg yards per game.

They have talent and are going to get their yards and some points. Their kids played hard and they deserve better coaching. Last I will say on that, I have spoke my piece on that for a couple of years now.

drgnbkr
11-12-2011, 10:57 PM
That has never been my complaint, he has skills no doubt but the kid was in serious pain tonight and we just kept running him. The pain he endured was amazing. What a player, what a heart.
My biggest complaint is that the play calling is predictable and if he goes down we are sunk.

Defense continues to play lights out, I have not seen the stats but heard bits and pieces of the post game show and heard that we kept East to half their avg yards per game.

They have talent and are going to get their yards and some points. Their kids played hard and they deserve better coaching. Last I will say on that, I have spoke my piece on that for a couple of years now.

I would agree with you...PESH is as big a school and looked as talented as Allen..Need a bit of leadership at the top to complete the package.

yankee
11-12-2011, 10:57 PM

Never singled you out.
+1 on the heart. Actually, +1,000. Battled through that badly twisted ankle, what a warrior.

yankee
11-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I would agree with you...PESH is as big a school and looked as talented as Allen..Need a bit of leadership at the top to complete the package.

Well, they could use a QB if we're gonna be honest.

drgnbkr
11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, they could use a QB if we're gonna be honest.

After that first score by PESH Carroll said you're not going to beat us by running, so throw if you can and they couldn't IMO...PESH QB was either slow on the zone read, or Carroll's D stepped it up...I like the latter:p

slcdragonfan
11-12-2011, 11:19 PM
While we are at it, congrats to the Plano East kids for a good game. I was very worried about your team and you truly showed up. Best wishes to you for next year.

drgnbkr
11-12-2011, 11:20 PM
While we are at it, congrats to the Plano East kids for a good game. I was very worried about your team and you truly showed up. Best wishes to you for next year.

ditto and ditto!

Shoot2thrill
11-12-2011, 11:28 PM
I'll take SLC in a close one - 7 points or so. :)

Every now and then I surprise myself and get one right. :D Congrats Dragons from an Abilene fan. :notworthy

SLC13
11-12-2011, 11:31 PM
while we are at it, congrats to the plano east kids for a good game. I was very worried about your team and you truly showed up. Best wishes to you for next year.

+1

DrEdward
11-12-2011, 11:37 PM

Yep.

dragonbuck
11-13-2011, 12:04 AM
DEFENSE
what an amazing turn around from earlier this season. Stepped up repeatedly againsi a team that is known for its explosiveness. the touchdown on 4th done came after the play clock had expired which was the 3rd big miss by the zebras tonight. Proud of the Dragons. not quite sure why we went for a 2 point conversion 1 minute into the 2nd qtr. however. Was that our staff saying they don't trust our team to win it? Glad the boys came through. I believe it was not as close as the score. Peyton was open all night, and coaches kept calling his number, and KH delivered it. I like that this team has won so many close games. Some say this will evnetually catch up to us. I think it has prepared us for tough/close games to come - we trust in ourselves.

case in point, the Lady Dragons VB team. Argualbly the most talented team in America. they got behind (a position they were not familiar with) and started to press. this team has "been through it."

Kenny is a stud - I hope he mends quickly.

Comanche
11-13-2011, 12:53 AM
That interception on the throw in the end zone with around a minute to go, i could be wrong on the time but SLC was killing them with the zone read and then they try and throw the ball and PESH intercepts! who called that play?????

yankee
11-13-2011, 01:04 AM
That interception on the throw in the end zone with around a minute to go, i could be wrong on the time but SLC was killing them with the zone read and then they try and throw the ball and PESH intercepts! who called that play?????

Pass was tipped at the LOS. If that doesn't happen, that was probably 6. I think Sego had his man beat.

tjw
11-13-2011, 01:39 AM

It wasn't tipped at the line of scrimmage, that is what you get when all you have to do is kneel for the game to be over instead of trying to add on more points unnecessarily. SLC showed no class on that but got lucky when East QB could not make up his mind to which open receiver to throw to after the gift. So he threw it in the middle right to SLC.

covedawgfan
11-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Great Victory for the Dragons. We in the hamlet of Copperas Cove are pulling for you'll to go all the way. Go Dragons!!

drgnbkr
11-13-2011, 07:48 AM
It wasn't tipped at the line of scrimmage, that is what you get when all you have to do is kneel for the game to be over instead of trying to add on more points unnecessarily. SLC showed no class on that but got lucky when East QB could not make up his mind to which open receiver to throw to after the gift. So he threw it in the middle right to SLC.

In a game that has been close all night with a one score lead, your going to get after it every time in that situatuation. Ball was tipped, but fortunatly they gave it right back.

SLCbacker
11-13-2011, 07:55 AM

Come on tjw. The clock could not be run out at that point, and the ball was obviously tipped. Why the hostility, or stupidity? It was a one score game, scoring would not exatly be classless. Have we sent you packing from the playoffs so many times you can't be objective when it comes to Southlake? :D

slcdragonfan
11-13-2011, 08:00 AM

I respectfully disagree. There was time on the clock, if we tried to kneel out the clock they would have had time left for plays. We were only ahead by one TD. When the game was locked up at the end, we kneeled.

slcdragonfan
11-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Great Victory for the Dragons. We in the hamlet of Copperas Cove are pulling for you'll to go all the way. Go Dragons!!

Thank you, and what an amazing victory for you!:notworthy

SLCbandmom
11-13-2011, 08:09 AM

I was surprised that we threw a pass since we had been running well and still had over a minute of clock to kill.

But seriously, "no class"?? "add on more points unnecessarily"?? We were up by one score, not 2 or 3, and a minute and a half is plenty of time for a team as good and fast as East to score. Trying to put us up by more than a touchdown was without question the right thing to do. I just wonder whether it would have made more sense to attempt it on the ground instead of through the air.

SLCbacker
11-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Congrats to the Plano East kids on a great year and hard fought game last night.

Great win Dragons!! This team just knows how to win, and doesn't panic. The improvements in the defense has been amazing over the year. Tim Wasson and the Defensive staff have done a remarkable job with these kids. :notworthy
The improvement in the offensive line has been equally impressive, and Kenny Hill...what else can be said?...What a player!

Enjoy this one for 24 hours, and let's get ready for CHill!

tjw
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
I respectfully disagree. There was time on the clock, if we tried to kneel out the clock they would have had time left for plays. We were only ahead by one TD. When the game was locked up at the end, we kneeled.

Geez guys the game was over, your defense shut them down most of the night, only 1 time out for East. 3 kneels and you show respect for your opponent, go home with the win. What happened was you guys trying to score more unnecessarily. I just wish for being that stupid East had scored but instead like i said their QB threw the ball between his receivers to your guy. I thought for sure all we would see is the victory kneel. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree it was over once they failed on 4th down.

dragonsdaddy
11-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I was surprised that we threw a pass since we had been running well and still had over a minute of clock to kill.

But seriously, "no class"?? "add on more points unnecessarily"?? We were up by one score, not 2 or 3, and a minute and a half is plenty of time for a team as good and fast as East to score. Trying to put us up by more than a touchdown was without question the right thing to do. I just wonder whether it would have made more sense to attempt it on the ground instead of through the air.

that pass was ill-advised at best, and flat stupid at worst. the only chance pesh had was a turnover. why give them a breath of hope? i was very disappointed, but the kids made up for it. btw, td had his bad calls too, in similar situations, and the kids made up for it.

dragonpants
11-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Geez guys the game was over, your defense shut them down most of the night, only 1 time out for East. 3 kneels and you show respect for your opponent, go home with the win. What happened was you guys trying to score more unnecessarily. I just wish for being that stupid East had scored but instead like i said their QB threw the ball between his receivers to your guy. I thought for sure all we would see is the victory kneel. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree it was over once they failed on 4th down.

Over really. They scored two touchdowns and went for 2- 2 pt conversions and we are up by 7. They have very fast players and one long pass and another 2 pt conversion and you would be the guy saying why didn't you try and score late in the 4th?
As everyone else said there was just under two minutes left and they had 2 timeouts so no way to run the clock out. I am shocked that Allen ever beat anyone by more than 7 points. Your team is truly unsportsmanlike. The NW game should have been 7-0 :rolleyes:. Why do you come in here and just start Sheeeet?

dragonpants
11-13-2011, 08:56 AM
that pass was ill-advised at best, and flat stupid at worst. the only chance pesh had was a turnover. why give them a breath of hope? i was very disappointed, but the kids made up for it. btw, td had his bad calls too, in similar situations, and the kids made up for it.

I agree bad play call, run it, kick a field goal and the game is pretty much sealed with how well our D was playing and if East would have scored I would have been able to see an onside kick. :D

clc
11-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Being up by only one score and going for one more does not make SLC a classless program. I cannot think of a single team that would not have gone for it being that it is the play offs and any team is capable of making magic happen and scoring in the last two minutes. SLC was just making sure that they got the job done...nothing more.

slcdragonfan
11-13-2011, 11:24 AM

No, the game was NOT over. there were 2 series down there, the first one is the one you are talking about. Kneeling would have given the ball back to them, go back and look. A 7 point lead with giving the ball back to them is stupid football. We may be a lot of things, but most of the time we are not stupid. Did you notice what was happening on the field prior to the game, with Ringo involved with our donation ceremony? These guys respect each other, they wouldn't go for points unless it was necessary.
The second series, Kenny kneeled. THEN they used their last timeout. THEN we could count on them not getting the ball back. In fact, the first series we should have dived 3 times then gone for the 3 pointer to seal the victory.

When it came time to kneel (when we could WIN the game) we kneeled.
:rolleyes:

yankee
11-13-2011, 11:28 AM
It wasn't tipped at the line of scrimmage.

Yes, it was. Now stop being a trolltard.

yankee
11-13-2011, 11:30 AM
And I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked the play call. Maybe the coaches decided to go for the jugular because our young kicker had already missed two FG's? Either way, we won and I am happy! :)

speedoption
11-13-2011, 11:32 AM

You cant possibly be this dumb....Im hoping youre just trying to get a rise out of people.

There were 2 minutes on the clock, it was third down, and PESH had 1 timeout, down by 7. Yeah, lets kneel it out and give it back to them, with a minute left "because our defense shut them down most of the night".

Also, our kicker had come off of two misses so I dont blame them for going for it all. In hindsight, it didnt work and a run would have made them burn the TO and hopefully iced it with the kick.

All in all, great performance by the Dragons to just find a way to get it done. Im hoping we have 5 more victories where we all say "again, it wasnt pretty and if we would just ________ we would have blown them out...but its a win!"

^^^edit: yankee beat me by 2 minutes. agreed.

dragonbuck
11-13-2011, 12:28 PM

bad call, I agree. So atypical of Hal's conservative nature. However, we needed a score there, with a field goal at minimum. A turnover should not have been an option. We had to try and score something to make it a 2 score game - there was plenty of time on the clock for a team (PESH) that had proven all year they were a big strike offense. they picked it off, then a few plays later we returned the favor. Only then did we have the right amount of time to start taking a knee. Hal is a lot of things, but "classless" is not one of them. Most that bleed green wish he had more of a kill the will attitude. He has never been known for running up a score, NEVER.

This defense tackles better every year, and I credit the coaching staff for that change. Gone are the days of gang tackling by just hanging on in mass and riding the runner to the ground. We swarm to the ball and get it done. Nice to see.:yes:

SLCbacker
11-13-2011, 12:50 PM

How do you kneel 3x when it is 3rd and 7 dipstick? I enjoy your posts on here, but you do not have your facts straight. Look it up. Read the paper. You should really have your facts straight before you call someone classless.

dragonpants
11-13-2011, 01:41 PM
How do you kneel 3x when it is 3rd and 7 dipstick? I enjoy your posts on here, but you do not have your facts straight. Look it up. Read the paper. You should really have your facts straight before you call someone classless.

Easy Dr. Ed is a dipstick don't lump him in with Dr. Ed. :D

dragonpants
11-13-2011, 01:50 PM
And I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked the play call. Maybe the coaches decided to go for the jugular because our young kicker had already missed two FG's? Either way, we won and I am happy! :)

Party at Yankees today, fried Catfish and Okra. :D

tjw
11-13-2011, 02:19 PM
You cant possibly be this dumb....Im hoping youre just trying to get a rise out of people.

There were 2 minutes on the clock, it was third down, and PESH had 1 timeout, down by 7. Yeah, lets kneel it out and give it back to them, with a minute left "because our defense shut them down most of the night".

Also, our kicker had come off of two misses so I dont blame them for going for it all. In hindsight, it didnt work and a run would have made them burn the TO and hopefully iced it with the kick.

All in all, great performance by the Dragons to just find a way to get it done. Im hoping we have 5 more victories where we all say "again, it wasnt pretty and if we would just ________ we would have blown them out...but its a win!"

^^^edit: yankee beat me by 2 minutes. agreed.

How do you kneel 3x when it is 1st & 10 dipstick? I enjoy your posts on here, but you do not have your facts straight. I need to Look it up. Read the paper. You should really have your facts straight before you call someone classless.
FIFY

Funny how ya'll have to resort to name calling and feel you have the right to tell anybody on any thread anything you feel like. When someone comes to your thread and makes a good honest comment you don't like to hear the truth you resort to name calling and thread bombing, get real. No matter if you want to face reality or not the game was over even with only a 7 point lead when East failed on fourth down on their own 14 yard line. With 1st & ten and less than 2 mins, 3 straight victory kneels would have ended the game with no chance of changing the game. Sure I'll get call several other names but I could careless. :p

yankee
11-13-2011, 02:22 PM
FIFY

Funny how ya'll have to resort to name calling and feel you have the right to tell anybody on any thread anything you feel like. When someone comes to your thread and makes a good honest comment you don't like to hear the truth you resort to name calling and thread bombing, get real. No matter if you want to face reality or not the game was over even with only a 7 point lead when East failed on fourth down on their own 14 yard line. With 1st & ten and less than 2 mins, 3 straight victory kneels would have ended the game with no chance of changing the game. Sure I'll get call several other names but I could careless. :p

If that was "good honest commenting" (:rofl:), I'd hate to see your version of lying commentary. Sheesh.

yankee
11-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Party at Yankees today, fried Catfish and Okra. :D

:heli:

dragonpants
11-13-2011, 02:30 PM
FIFY

Well Taint Sweat, I think you were the one calling us classless or showing no class, so keep repeating sticks and stones.............

Also lets do some math here, 3 kneels at 25-30 seconds a piece and they had 2 timeouts , but even if you are correct and they only had 1 they get the ball back with 1 minute left, why put our team in that situation?
Do you really think Westerberg would have knelt down and gave the opposition the ball with one minute left in a 7 point game.....come on you know the answer.
When does Allen hold the class lessons? I would like to attend.

tjw
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Well Taint Sweat, I think you were the one calling us classless or showing no class, so keep repeating sticks and stones.............

Also lets do some math here, 3 kneels at 25-30 seconds a piece and they had 2 timeouts , but even if you are correct and they only had 1 they get the ball back with 1 minute left, why put our team in that situation?
Do you really think Westerberg would have knelt down and gave the opposition the ball with one minute left in a 7 point game.....come on you know the answer.
When does Allen hold the class lessons? I would like to attend.

I know Westerberg would as did in the later game, but Allen was up by 13 too. Have in other games even when winning by only 3 though in similar situations. No reason SLC could not have took 3 kneels from the their 14 yard line, kicked a FG even if not comfortable with only 7 pt lead. Even if East had two timeouts I doubt they would have even called any. Main thing was is East was demoralized at that point and the game was over is all I was saying. Trying to score a TD on a team at that point is unnecessary.

dragonpants
11-13-2011, 03:12 PM
I know Westerberg would as did in the later game, but Allen was up by 13 too. Have in other games even when winning by only 3 though in similar situations. No reason SLC could not have took 3 kneels from the their 14 yard line, kicked a FG even if not comfortable with only 7 pt lead. Even if East had two timeouts I doubt they would have even called any. Main thing was is East was demoralized at that point and the game was over is all I was saying. Trying to score a TD on a team at that point is unnecessary.

You knew East demoralized how exactly. Did you take a survey, phone down to Ringo to see if he had given up?
How exactly do you explain scoring on Justin NW with 2:31 left in the game when you are up by 52? You actually scored 14 points in the 4th quarter of that game when you were winning by 45 at the end of the third.
Let's see against Lewisville you were up by 25 late in the 4th quarter still had your starters in and Morris throws a 58 yard bomb to Adams?
Where is the classy move there.
You should check your facts, those are regular season game and this was a 7 point playoff game.
I would love to hear your justification of those two situations.
Facts really suck when they get in the way of your arguments don't they?

Wanna talk about Flower Mound and Plano also? Remember I have the facts. :eek:

dragonpants
11-13-2011, 03:20 PM
You knew East demoralized how exactly. Did you take a survey, phone down to Ringo to see if he had given up?
How exactly do you explain scoring on Justin NW with 2:31 left in the game when you are up by 52? You actually scored 14 points in the 4th quarter of that game when you were winning by 45 at the end of the third.
Let's see against Lewisville you were up by 25 late in the 4th quarter still had your starters in and Morris throws a 58 yard bomb to Adams?
Where is the classy move there.
You should check your facts, those are regular season game and this was a 7 point playoff game.
I would love to hear your justification of those two situations.
Facts really suck when they get in the way of your arguments don't they?

Wanna talk about Flower Mound and Plano also? Remember I have the facts. :eek:

We are waiting and the crickets are bothering me, come on now Miss Manners. Tell us all about those classy moves and why your first team DI prospect QB seems to play very late in every game even the big honkin blowouts.

speedoption
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM

This is the one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Take 3 knees and kick a field goal? We were 1/3 kicking field goals.

You doubt East would have called any timeouts? Yeah, the coaches who were committed enough to dye their hair blonde probably just would have let the clock run out and take the 7 point loss.

Get a clue.

slcdragonfan
11-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Guys, tjw is trolling us, he can't be serious. Just in case however, I have asked BigDaddyDog and AllenDad to give him some coaching lessons.:)

speedoption
11-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Guys, tjw is trolling us, he can't be serious. :)

With his first response I was pretty sure it was a troll, and then I changed my mind after the subsequent posts.

If so, well done. I usually dont take the bait.

slcdragonfan
11-13-2011, 04:45 PM
With his first response I was pretty sure it was a troll, and then I changed my mind after the subsequent posts.

If so, well done. I usually dont take the bait.

I have decided to go with the flow, please check out pictionary and you will see how I have heeded his kneeded statements. :)

drgnbkr
11-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I have decided to go with the flow, please check out pictionary and you will see how I have heeded his kneeded statements. :)

I feel the kneed...

slcdragonfan
11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I feel the kneed...

I have taken my kneeing lessons today, I feel very sore. I am not used to this, I am usually a classless individual due to my status as a Southlake fan. This 'class' stuff is painful. :D

drgnbkr
11-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I have taken my kneeing lessons today, I feel very sore. I am not used to this, I am usually a classless individual due to my status as a Southlake fan. This 'class' stuff is painful. :D

A dipstick wanna be as it were.....:D I remain pompous. I guess today is silly day. Tomorrow is the start of CHILL week. I can hear it now..."we're too small, slow and blond"

dragonbuck
11-13-2011, 09:47 PM
FIFY

name calling? calling us classless is not name calling? you are the only one on this board that doesn't seem to be able to do the math. Carroll was barely able to run out the clock even after turning it over and PESH running 2 plays and turning it back over. Kenny still had to take the snap and delay the kneeling just to run the clock out. Like it was said before, there were 2 minutes left and PESH had a time out, and it was 3rd and 7. How can you burn 2 minutes with a time out and only 2 downs to do it. Plus, the clock stops on a change of posession. I won't resort to name calling, but you are what you are, and you ain't no Einstein ! Good luck finding someone to agree with you.

DrEdward
11-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Perhaps I am misremembering the Allen-Central game from Saturday evening, but didn't Allen both attempt and score a touchdown while leading Central that put the game way with about two minutes remaining in the game, rather than taking a knee?

dragonpants
11-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Perhaps I am misremembering the Allen-Central game from Saturday evening, but didn't Allen both attempt and score a touchdown while leading Central that put the game way with about two minutes remaining in the game, rather than taking a knee?

You will not get a response Doc, he just stirring the pot and will just hide away since he has proven to be wrong.
I guess he is thinking we are having blonde moments.

SLC13
11-14-2011, 08:54 AM

Dr E, your memory is just fine.........According to the DMN, Allen scored with 2;18 left to extend their lead from 23-17 to 30-17. Seems like our Allen friend has a case of "do as I say not as I do".

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=206995&Sport=1&Season=

bigdaddydog
11-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Guys, tjw is trolling us, he can't be serious. Just in case however, I have asked BigDaddyDog and AllenDad to give him some coaching lessons.:)

Sorry fellas. Looks like the Pied Piper of Allen has led you down the primrose path.... :D

I think we need to get together and go shoot something or Blow something up so we can all get that aggression out and relax. I was just watching the news story on Hunting Ferrell hogs from a chopper. Looked very challenging and fun. Helps the ranchers out too.

Of course we would'nt want the liberal muck raking media to get wind that any of the fine citizens of eitehr community would participate in something like that, you know death from above Sarah Palin kind of stuff.

Just remember, "Never Underestimate the entertainmet value of any situation, no matter how dire it may seem."

Good luck against CHILL. I think you fellas will do just fine!!

~

dragonsdaddy
11-14-2011, 08:05 PM
when the illustrated primer of slc haters comes out, tjw will be the poster child, he's a great trolling doofus. get over it.

tjw
11-14-2011, 08:39 PM
when the illustrated primer of slc haters comes out, tjw will be the poster child, he's a great trolling doofus. get over it.

Whatever dude. I honestly thought SLC people were smarter than this. All the dumb comments of hate & crap, whatever. At least thanks for not clumping me in with DrEdward. This was no way a thread bomb or anything. You are twisting the facts. Look at the stats in the DMN. At their 14 yd line East failed to get the 1st down with less then two minutes to go. So what did I say that was dumb it was obviously over at that point. Just like Trinity folks said about the Allen game.

At the 2 minute mark it was over, once Rothlisberger Jr. scored to put Allen up 12 thats when I headed to the door. Was there 0's on the clock? No. But it was over.

Same thing, once they failed to get the 1st down and less than 2 minutes it was over. Zero's on the clock no, but over it was. Yes, most people feel it classes ( not name calling) for a team to try to score a TD when the game is all but over. So get real and lets get over it and move on.

slcdragonfan
11-14-2011, 10:11 PM
nm

Peace brotha'!

maxtor
11-14-2011, 10:22 PM

When SLC stepped back to pass the ball my left eye fell out and rolled down 3 rows only to be stepped on by some guy with a 6" plumbers crack and trough of those nachos.. And all that was BEFORE the ball was intercepted.
The play call was simply obsurd.
When the ball was tipped and intercepted everyone in the stadium could hear me scream....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQIvdFConL0&feature=related

Wasson!!!!

Wasson!!!!

Wasson!!!!

Wasson!!!!

maxtor
11-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I agree bad play call, run it, kick a field goal and the game is pretty much sealed with how well our D was playing and if East would have scored I would have been able to see an onside kick. :D

Pretty dumb. Even dumber than Ringo's QB draw on 4th and 7. LOL

While Im on Ringo, I guess he didnt want those 30 seconds he let SLC run off the clock at the end of the first half on the FG.
I guess he figured that that it wasnt possible to have a good run back on the kickoff. Big deal,, its just the playoffs.
What SLC needs is Ringos brass cogs without the slap stick.
PESH came to play and almost pulled it out.

E-Vol-ution
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM

Wait a minute.....this doesn't mean I get served Scotch in a plastic cup does it?:mad::D

slcdragonfan
11-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Wait a minute.....this doesn't mean I get served Scotch in a plastic cup does it?:mad::D

I have reverted to MD. That is straight from the bottle. Can you spare some change?

Longhorns12
11-15-2011, 08:27 AM
So much love going on in here. I can feel it. ;)

E-Vol-ution
11-15-2011, 08:35 AM
I have reverted to MD. That is straight from the bottle. Can you spare some change?
lol.....MD changed their label so that it looks like a drink for beautiful people. You can drink it with your pinky sticking out now.:notworthy