PDA

View Full Version : D'ville vs Trinity

Pages : [1] 2

WildcatFan2
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
anyone know when and where?

chhspantherfan
11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Trinity (visitor) vs Duncancville (home)
Where: Irving Schools Stadium
When: Friday, November 11, 7:30 PM

da wiz
11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
red pants for trinity last night, i thought they looked pretty good,

Troj_OP81
11-04-2011, 11:11 AM
red pants for trinity last night, i thought they looked pretty good,

Me too.

trojanbacker
11-04-2011, 11:13 AM
anyone know when and where?

I was sitting in front of the visitor's box with the Duncanville coaches behind me. Heard a loud laugh when we threw up a pass that fell about 20 yards away from anyone. They left at halftime. They'd probably seen enough.

TrinityTrojan299
11-04-2011, 11:26 AM
I was sitting in front of the visitor's box with the Duncanville coaches behind me. Heard a loud laugh when we threw up a pass that fell about 20 yards away from anyone. They left at halftime. They'd probably seen enough.

One of them probably said, "Hey, let's just put 11 in the box and see what happens."

The good thing about those 20 yard misses is it greatly reduces the chances of an interception :rolleyes: (or a completion).

Comanche
11-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I haven't seen Duncanville, are they a passing team or what?:cool:

LR46
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Trinity 34 Irving 7 . . . looks like:

1. We either played our reserves the whole game
2. We sputtered on offense and/or
3. We are looking at an early exit in the playoff

Hey, we can't win it every odd year, can we? C'MON TROJANS GET SERIOUS!!!!!

LR46
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I haven't seen Duncanville, are they a passing team or what?:cool:here are their stats. The look like a well rounded offense passing and running game. Should prove to be the first real challenge for the Trojans since Heritage . . . that scares me too.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/duncanville-news/

Our offense is equal if not better, except for our obvious lack of a passing game and the T defense must come up big in every playoff game if we are going to move on. Defensive breakdowns, like getting beat on deep passing routes, will do us in quickly.

Comanche
11-04-2011, 12:50 PM
here are their stats. The look like a well rounded offense passing and running game. Should prove to be the first real challenge for the Trojans since Heritage . . . that scares me too.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/duncanville-news/

Our offense is equal if not better, except for our obvious lack of a passing game and the T defense must come up big in every playoff game if we are going to move on. Defensive breakdowns, like getting beat on deep passing routes, will do us in quickly.

Uh oh!
:eek:

chhspantherfan
11-04-2011, 01:26 PM
any other common opponents besides Heritage?

We played Duncanville in the opener at the Cotton Bowl. They came back strong in the second half, but we held them off. The QB is a dual threat that can flat out play. They have 3 receivers that are big and fast. Thomas really caught my eye. Their defensive line will match up well with Trinity's OL and that battle, absent of turnovers, will determine the outcome.

My 2.5 cents, for what it is worth. :)

powerofthehaka
11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Trinity 34 Irving 7 . . . looks like:

1. We either played our reserves the whole game
2. We sputtered on offense and/or
3. We are looking at an early exit in the playoff

Hey, we can't win it every odd year, can we? C'MON TROJANS GET SERIOUS!!!!!

1. No, only 3 quarters
2. Uh, No. Kimpela averaged 12 a carry.
3. We'll have to see how it plays out.
Continous clock in second half, onside kick by Mac and fumbled punt led to only 2 possessions by Trinity in second half. One of those was when time was running out.

LR46
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
any other common opponents besides Heritage?

We played Duncanville in the opener at the Cotton Bowl. They came back strong in the second half, but we held them off. The QB is a dual threat that can flat out play. They have 3 receivers that are big and fast. Thomas really caught my eye. Their defensive line will match up well with Trinity's OL and that battle, absent of turnovers, will determine the outcome.

My 2.5 cents, for what it is worth. :)Good info... No doubt we will have to up our game a bunch to keep going. No doubt the coaching staff and team know this is the start of a new and very different season. Should be very interesting to see how the "mighty" Trojans respond to say the least.

LR46
11-04-2011, 03:00 PM
1. No, only 3 quarters
2. Uh, No. Kimpela averaged 12 a carry.
3. We'll have to see how it plays out.
Continous clock in second half, onside kick by Mac and fumbled punt led to only 2 possessions by Trinity in second half. One of those was when time was running out.

2. Follow up: and how many passes did we attempt and complete and score on? Never mind I can look that up. The answer is for sure not enough.

alreadyman
11-04-2011, 03:30 PM
trinity 28
duncanville 24

Trinity Alum
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
trinity 28
duncanville 24

Works for me.

trojanbacker
11-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Some Comparisons:

Opp W/L: 48 - 42 (THS: 39 - 52)
SOS Rank: 59 (THS: 128)
PPG: 33.1 (THS: 43.7)
PAPG: 27.7 (THS: 9.7)

They given up some points (50 to Mansfield Legacy, 39 to Timberview, 31 to Midlothian) and some good backs have had big nights against them. 242, 192 yards, etc.

But, without seeing the games, you never know did the points come once the game was in hand?

LR46
11-04-2011, 09:22 PM
trinity 28
duncanville 24I'll take 31-30 Trinity and go home smiling. And start agonizing about the next one against Northeast Plano, errr I mean Allen . . . assuming they get there . . . :rofl:

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-04-2011, 09:40 PM
2. Follow up: and how many passes did we attempt and complete and score on? Never mind I can look that up. The answer is for sure not enough.

You need to get over the fact that Trinity does not pass the ball. As long as lineweaver is coach they won't pass the ball and they never will. Trinity's strength is the run, that is how they beat teams. If noone can stop you from running why would you stop running!?! It's borderline unintelligent to suggest that Trinity should pass the ball more often when everyone knows they are terrible at passing. Our Defense is good enough to keep our team in the game and with a strong running attack you can control a game better than any other team in the state.

Trinity runs the ball, end of story. Forget about trying to get a passing game, we can pass good enough to use it when we need it. Stick with what you know and what your good at.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Trinity 35 - 13. I think everyone is overrating Duncanville and Duncanville is in for a rude awakening and a quick end to their playoff run.

MALAMEDICINA
11-04-2011, 09:55 PM
1st team playing all 4 quarters will make a huge difference. Teams wont be seeing the 4th string Trojans anymore.

LR46
11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
You need to get over the fact that Trinity does not pass the ball.Never. As long as lineweaver is coach they won't pass the ball and they never will. He's much smarter than that. Trinity's strength is the run, that is how they beat teams. If noone can stop you from running why would you stop running!?! We will play some teams very shortly that will stop us if they stack up for just our run run run game. It's borderline unintelligent to suggest that Trinity should pass the ball more often when everyone knows they are terrible at passing. That's a ridiculous comment. We should not be terrible at passing. Our Defense is good enough to keep our team in the game and with a strong running attack you can control a game better than any other team in the state.

Trinity runs the ball, end of story. Forget about trying to get a passing game, I'll never forget about it.we can pass good enough to use it when we need it. Haven't proved it all season even against cupcake teams. Stick with what you know and what your good at.Take your red and black tinted sunglasses off for awhile and look at the logic of what you just posted. My comments in red may help you understand.

LR46
11-04-2011, 10:02 PM
1st team playing all 4 quarters will make a huge difference. Teams wont be seeing the 4th string Trojans anymore.Let's hope the first teamers still have a pulse and remember how to play. :D

MALAMEDICINA
11-04-2011, 10:06 PM
We the fans cannot wait.

DPaul
11-04-2011, 10:37 PM
You need to get over the fact that Trinity does not pass the ball. As long as lineweaver is coach they won't pass the ball and they never will. Trinity's strength is the run, that is how they beat teams. If noone can stop you from running why would you stop running!?! It's borderline unintelligent to suggest that Trinity should pass the ball more often when everyone knows they are terrible at passing. Our Defense is good enough to keep our team in the game and with a strong running attack you can control a game better than any other team in the state.

Trinity runs the ball, end of story. Forget about trying to get a passing game, we can pass good enough to use it when we need it. Stick with what you know and what your good at.

You are right, Trinity runs the ball. That's what they're known for and that's what I love about Trinity Trojan football, however in years past the passing game was always there just good enough to keep teams honest and create the big play in big games. McGee, Hubbard and last year Carter were very efficient with the ball and when the down called for a pass you felt like the play would be made. But this year a pass play is the equivolent of watching the movie The Exorcist, it's scary as hell. :eek: As the competition gets stiffer I'm very worried about our offense...but if you play Allen in the 2nd rd every year an early exit is always a possibility no matter how good your offense is.

Proud2BATrojan
11-04-2011, 10:42 PM

"....not a passing team"? Then what where they 'trying' last night? I agree they're a power running team & looks like they should probably stick to it. Last night attempts were pathetic. Would be nice to have a few pass plays perfected in the event it's needed in crucial situations. I too saw the D'ville coaches snickering at our passing attempts.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-04-2011, 10:53 PM
If your team is throwing passes that end up 20 yards away from any player on the field and our passing game last night was "scarier than the exorcist" and you add the fact that are starting RB is averaging near 10 yards per carry on the season then why would our fans want to see more passing? It just doesn't make sense.

We can beat any team in the state by running the ball. We've proven it. Katy's proven it by doing the same thing before.

As for The teams in the past that did have some sort of a passing game, McGee era was probably our best passing team. Tyree Tucker and Stetson Smith were probably big reasons he was so succesful though. Hubbard era was not a very good passing team either. I can't say whether this teams passing is worse than when Hubbard was here but whether it is or not shouldn't matter, our passing was horrific with Hubbard as well and we still won state. I would easily say last year and in 2008 our passing was much better than in 2009 when we weren't very good and look at what happened.

Stick to what we know and stick to what were best at. No need to try to add dimensions to the offense at this point in the season. If we couldn't develop a passing game by now were not going to and in the playoffs you can't afford to be still trying out things in the passing game and developing it more.

DPaul
11-04-2011, 10:58 PM
And by the way the D-Ville coaches can snicker all they want about Trinity's passing attempts, but we're still Trinity and they're still D-Ville. Beating Trinity with or without a passing game is going to be a chore for D-Ville.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-04-2011, 11:01 PM
And by the way the D-Ville coaches can snicker all they want about Trinity's passing attempts, but we're still Trinity and they're still D-Ville. Beating Trinity with or without a passing game is going to be a chore for D-Ville.

Agreed. We'll see whose snickering when the coaches meet at midfield after the games over.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-04-2011, 11:04 PM
"....not a passing team"? Then what where they 'trying' last night? I agree they're a power running team & looks like they should probably stick to it. Last night attempts were pathetic. Would be nice to have a few pass plays perfected in the event it's needed in crucial situations. I too saw the D'ville coaches snickering at our passing attempts.

I assure you that there are atleast 2 pass plays for short yardage, 2 for medium yardage, and 2 for long yardage that the coaches have pounded into these boys heads since 7th grade. I can assure you this because i was one of the kids who had to learn those plays and i could name atleast 3 of them top of my head that i know they will be using and they have relied on before.

DPaul
11-04-2011, 11:09 PM
If your team is throwing passes that end up 20 yards away from any player on the field and our passing game last night was "scarier than the exorcist" and you add the fact that are starting RB is averaging near 10 yards per carry on the season then why would our fans want to see more passing? It just doesn't make sense.

We can beat any team in the state by running the ball. We've proven it. Katy's proven it by doing the same thing before.

As for The teams in the past that did have some sort of a passing game, McGee era was probably our best passing team. Tyree Tucker and Stetson Smith were probably big reasons he was so succesful though. Hubbard era was not a very good passing team either. I can't say whether this teams passing is worse than when Hubbard was here but whether it is or not shouldn't matter, our passing was horrific with Hubbard as well and we still won state. I would easily say last year and in 2008 our passing was much better than in 2009 when we weren't very good and look at what happened.

Stick to what we know and stick to what were best at. No need to try to add dimensions to the offense at this point in the season. If we couldn't develop a passing game by now were not going to and in the playoffs you can't afford to be still trying out things in the passing game and developing it more.

I disagree whole heartedly with your take on the Hubbard era being a terrible passing team. Hubbard threw a very good deep ball and was very consistent when we needed him to hit Nila, Tucker or BC. As the teams get tougher you need to have some kind of passing game. But we're not talking about being Allen or Southlake, just alil somethin like we've had the last few years. This stuff this year has been worse than dreadful. I don't know but what I do know is I'll be right there in between the 40s Friday night cheering for our Boys like a crazy.

Super B
11-05-2011, 01:49 AM
08-10, you sound like my brother. Is it true you'd just assume Trinity literally never pass the ball, EVER?

Here's a gem for you. Do you realize that in the three championship seasons, Trinity passed for more than 2,000 yards?

How about game winning Trinity passes?
Hubbard to Carter vs. Westlake in the State game.
13-10 Final score in state game. The go ahead TD was a pass.
Three TD passes in State game by Vittatoe.

How about a game tying last second TD to send it into OT?
Plano game in PO's. That was the most thrilling Trinity game ever IMO. Trinity kicked a FG for the win in 2OT.

Super B
11-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Trinity vs. Duncanville Team Stats Comparison (Per DMN)

........,,,.......Offense.......................De fense
Category...,..ET.......DP....................ET... ...DP
PPG.....,,..,...42.7....35.4..................9.4. ....30.4
Rush yards...325.1...256.4................92.8....219.0
Pass yards...79.3.....172.8................97.5....149. 3
Ttl Off.........404.4...429.2...Ttl Def...190.3...368.3

Super B
11-05-2011, 03:41 AM

Trinity has three shutouts.
Duncanville does not have any shutouts.

Both teams have score 50 or more points in a game twice this season. Duncanville did it in their last two regular season games.

Three teams defenses gave up their season high point scored in a game against Trinity.
Two teams defenses gave up their season high point scored in a game against Duncanville.

Trinity has held six opponents to season lows in points scored in a game.
Duncanville has held one opponents to season lows in points scored in a game.

Neither Trinity nor Duncanville has had a game in which the opponents defense gave up it's fewest points allowed.

Trinity has not allowed any opponents to score their season high in points in a single game against them.
Duncanville has allowed two opponents to score their season high in points in a single game against them.

In eight of Trinity's ten games Trinity either scored a season high against their opponent, or held their opponent to their season low for the season.

ALLENFANDINGO5
11-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Man you Trinity folks have really done a great job with creating the smoke screen. I mean yall got the coaches in on it. They told the QB to intentionally throw bad passes all year so that when yall need them in the PO's they will be very effective and put the dagger right through the opponents heart.:D
All kidding aside, Im sure most of yall would like to see some yards in the passing game, just like us Eagles would like to see better run stopping.

Just sayin'

LR46
11-05-2011, 08:15 AM
08-10, you sound like my brother. Is it true you'd just assume Trinity literally never pass the ball, EVER?

Here's a gem for you. Do you realize that in the three championship seasons, Trinity passed for more than 2,000 yards?

Plano game in PO's. That was the most thrilling Trinity game ever IMO. Trinity kicked a FG for the win in 2OT.Exactly Super B, what I've been getting at for many, many weeks now. It will be an unbelievable accomplishment if the Trojans win State this year taking our anemic passing attempts with us. Lets hope of unbelievable at that, but I fear not!!!

That said, I'll shut up about throwing the ball . . . for now anyway. :cool:

LR46
11-05-2011, 08:17 AM
I assure you that there are atleast 2 pass plays for short yardage, 2 for medium yardage, and 2 for long yardage that the coaches have pounded into these boys heads since 7th grade. I can assure you this because i was one of the kids who had to learn those plays and i could name atleast 3 of them top of my head that i know they will be using and they have relied on before.Sure the plays are in there but can we run them successfully and complete any of them????

trojanbacker
11-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Duncanville put 56 points on a very good, district champion Cedar Hill team last night in defeating them. Cedar Hill probably went into that game thinking they were overrated, too.

trojanbacker
11-05-2011, 08:57 AM

Strength of schedule....way in favor of Duncanville.

11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
We havent faced a good D that could stack the box effectively. The first one that does will end Trinity's season. I hate to admit it, but its true.

This years team has two issues IMO. They cant pass enough to help open up the run, and they cant defend a quality spread offense. One of those two things will do us in I'm afraid.

LR46
11-05-2011, 09:07 AM
We havent faced a good D that could stack the box effectively. The first one that does will end Trinity's season. I hate to admit it, but its true.

This years team has two issues IMO. They cant pass enough to help open up the run, and they cant defend a quality spread offense. One of those two things will do us in I'm afraid.YEP . . . Can you spell D-U-C-A-N-V-I-L-L-E? That would be my game plan and let the Trojans pass all they want :rofl:I'm sorry to say :(

Farmersmom
11-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Go Duncanville! :) That is my 2 cents. :rofl:

baylordad
11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
You can throw all the "stats" out the window. They mean nothing when a team is pulling starters after the first quarter. Trinity will win by 20+. IF D'Ville coaches were laughing at a Trinity Pass, who cares? I have seen a lot of passes this year I found quite amusing.

chhspantherfan
11-05-2011, 10:20 AM
You can throw all the "stats" out the window. They mean nothing when a team is pulling starters after the first quarter. Trinity will win by 20+. IF D'Ville coaches were laughing at a Trinity Pass, who cares? I have seen a lot of passes this year I found quite amusing.

Don't know about throwing all the stats out the window, especially with pulling starters. It's like a good race horse, you play like you practice. If the regular "practice season" is any indication, you could pull up at the finish line. Hope not, as I am a playoff trojan fan. But potentially Duncanville is the type of team to give y'all trouble.

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 10:27 AM
sounds like trinity is screwed..

i change my score

trinity 42
dville 14

LR46
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM
sounds like trinity is screwed..

i change my score

trinity 42
dville 14Reverse it and you may be closer? :eek:

I_Watch_the_Games
11-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I disagree whole heartedly with your take on the Hubbard era being a terrible passing team. Hubbard threw a very good deep ball and was very consistent when we needed him to hit Nila, Tucker or BC. As the teams get tougher you need to have some kind of passing game. But we're not talking about being Allen or Southlake, just alil somethin like we've had the last few years. This stuff this year has been worse than dreadful. I don't know but what I do know is I'll be right there in between the 40s Friday night cheering for our Boys like a crazy.

Our passing game sucks this year DPaul - even you know that! :D

slcdragonfan
11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't take Duncanville lightly.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Good Morning

Have not read past page 1 so if I am repeating previous information I apologize.

TROJAN08-10.....This is your post....You need to get over the fact that Trinity does not pass the ball. As long as lineweaver is coach they won't pass the ball and they never will. Trinity's strength is the run, that is how they beat teams. If noone can stop you from running why would you stop running!?! It's borderline unintelligent to suggest that Trinity should pass the ball more often when everyone knows they are terrible at passing. Our Defense is good enough to keep our team in the game and with a strong running attack you can control a game better than any other team in the state.

You need to stop right there because you are totally wrong about everything. If Trinity cant pass the ball they are doomed. Maybe Duncanville wont beat them but Allen or a stronger team later in the playoffs will destroy them. THEY MUST PASS THE BALL TO WIN!!!

Now some evidence for you......
Brandon Carter vs Stony Point the first time. 3 catches 150 yards and 3 Touchdowns. Without him we never get to play Westlake because Jordan Wade wad destroying the inside running game.

Denarius McGhee throwing Touchdown bombs to Tyree Tucker to beat Plano in the second game at Cowboy Stadium. Two in the 4th quarter to keep a 3 point lead over a Rex Burkhead lead Wildcat team.

Trevor Vittatoe completing 4 passes for 150 yards to LaDerrick Handy down the sideline to set up touchdowns. Without that Trinty probably looses to Converse Judson after going down 14-0.

Denarius McGhee completing a TD to Justin Runningdeer to take the lead against Converse Judson in San Antonio. The running game was good enough to hold the lead but it did not "win" the game.

Last year it was a Carter pass to Kimpela that allowed for breathing room early on against Allen.

That same pass play was used to jump up on Plano in the 1st game at Texas Stadium. McGhee to Robinson for a 2nd TD in a minute or so after a turnover. Robinson hyperextended his knee on the play.

A 40 yard pass from McGhee to Alex Jones helped break open a tight game with John Curtis.

Last year against Coppell and Stony Point it was Carter throwing to Kasitata that won those games. Long 4th down conversions in both games.

It was a pass that beat Austin Westlake. To be fair though Trinity was in Juggernaut mode and could have easily won running.

The running game allows Trinity to demoralize a team and eat clock as long as they "stay ahead of the sticks". This years team has no proven ability to recover from a bad snap or big loss on 1st down against a good team.

In the past the play action to a deep Wide Reciever or Tight End was what KILLED the opponets. It is a back breaker. This year Trinity does not have that.

Think of all the "easy" touchdowns from Willie Hubbard to Brandon Carter and Bobby Brown. How about Denarius McGhee to Kulitapa Teaumoepeau, Tyree Tucker and Bobby Brown.

This year Trinity just does not have "it". They have no real depth at running back either. Kimpela is great. Reeves...a little small, slow, and not shifty. AND HE FUMBLES! I am more excited to see Kenneth Gonzalez or Homer Babcock run the ball. Neither Leota or Tuipulotu are real threats at Fullback.

I hate to say it but the prospects look bleak this year. WE MUST BE ABLE TO PASS THE BALL. At the very least the defense needs to respect the deep pass. If the defense can put 10 in the box everydown.....man thats bad. Kimpela might run out of gas.

Lets not forget this entire team has not played a full game since Colleyville. Aside from being 16, who knows what their conditioning is like.

Thanks

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Good Morning

TrinityTrojan08-10.......You DON'T think Hubbard was good at passing? Did you see any of his games AFTER Cedar Hill in the rain at Pennington?

That guy was a stone cold stud. He knew all he had to do was get it deep and Carter or Brown would snag it for 40 yards. These were 40 yard throws...not 10 yard throws with 30 yards after the catch. BOMBS!

Oh man I miss that kid.

Thankyou

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Good Morning

I hate to say it but Lineweaver may have to run 10 or 15 fake punts to spark the team to victory.

Thankyou

Super B
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Strength of schedule....way in favor of Duncanville.
It's all relative.

Super B
11-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't take Duncanville lightly.
Ain't that the beauty of a message board though. We can hoop and holler all we want. Doesn't matter. As long as the Trojan coaches and players don't take Duncanville lightly, it doesn't matter what we say.

Go Trojans!

DPaul
11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Duncanville put 56 points on a very good, district champion Cedar Hill team last night in defeating them. Cedar Hill probably went into that game thinking they were overrated, too.

I havn't watched D-Ville at all this year other than last night's ch 21 replay. Maybe it's just my worrisome nature but I do have some concern this upcoming friday night. This could be a dogfight and I hope I'm totally wrong. I would love to see our Boys come out and whip D-Ville with their best game of the year. But I'm concerned.

Super B
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Good Morning

I hate to say it but Lineweaver may have to run 10 or 15 fake punts to spark the team to victory.

Thankyou
Let's not overreact.

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 12:51 PM
i think trinity lost to duncanville the last time the played each other in the playoffs..

anybody know what year that was?

DPaul
11-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Friday here yet? Friday here yet? Friday here yet? Friday here yet?:D

baylordad
11-05-2011, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Trinity 94 UNT 2000;1873441]Good Morning

Have not read past page 1 so if I am repeating previous information I apologize.

TROJAN08-10.....This is your post....You need to get over the fact that Trinity does not pass the ball. As long as lineweaver is coach they won't pass the ball and they never will. Trinity's strength is the run, that is how they beat teams. If noone can stop you from running why would you stop running!?! It's borderline unintelligent to suggest that Trinity should pass the ball more often when everyone knows they are terrible at passing. Our Defense is good enough to keep our team in the game and with a strong running attack you can control a game better than any other team in the state.

You need to stop right there because you are totally wrong about everything. If Trinity cant pass the ball they are doomed. Maybe Duncanville wont beat them but Allen or a stronger team later in the playoffs will destroy them. THEY MUST PASS THE BALL TO WIN!!!

The same thing was said about the Lewisville Farmers playing Judson in the 1996 Division I Championship Game. The Farmers had 500+ yards rushing and 0, that is ZERO pass attempts in a 58-34 win. Currently the #1 and #2 teams in the nation are not in the top 50 teams in passing. LSU is #100 Bama is #68. Just keep on running boys. That's football.

trojanbacker
11-05-2011, 01:19 PM
i think trinity lost to duncanville the last time the played each other in the playoffs..

2004: Trinity 39, Duncanville 32 in OT. Regional Finals.

TrojanHorse03
11-05-2011, 01:20 PM
The same thing was said about the Lewisville Farmers playing Judson in the 1996 Division I Championship Game. The Farmers had 500+ yards rushing and 0, that is ZERO pass attempts in a 58-34 win.

As you already know Baylordad, this team is not the '96 Farmers.

baylordad
11-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Last Loss was 1998 Loss @ D'Ville 34-26. We also lost the Highland Park the last time we played them in the playoffs.

baylordad
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
As you already know Baylordad, this team is not the '96 Farmers.

That is a fact. We are better!!

MALAMEDICINA
11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Trinity Dville will be good. "NASCAR" gets a full race. If their D does not hit him on the first level. The backers and secondary will have a tough task ahead.

The Trinity D, is really agressive and forces turnovers. If Duncanville limits those, it should be a close hard fought game.

Keep penalties to a minimum Trojans.

14 point margin with ET winning is my prediction.

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
2004: Trinity 39, Duncanville 32 in OT. Regional Finals.

i thought trinty lost to duncanville..nevermind

Trinity needs to take care of the ball no silly turnovers no penalties. they will continue to pass even though they dont pass much and the completions of their passes are not even close to their attemps but they do catch some (like 1 or 2). will it be enough i have no idea.. cedar hill put 412 rushing yards on duncanville D lastnight and still lost. I think this game will be up to trinity's dfense to step up and stop duncanvilles offence especially their qb because he can run and throw..

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Last Loss was 1998 Loss @ D'Ville 34-26. We also lost the Highland Park the last time we played them in the playoffs.

ok thanks..i remeber they lost to duncanville back then i just couldnt remember when..what year was that hp and trinity game..never knew..thanks again

baylordad
11-05-2011, 01:54 PM
ok thanks..i remeber they lost to duncanville back then i just couldnt remember when..what year was that hp and trinity game..never knew..thanks again

1980, I think it was in bi-district or early in the playoffs.

baylordad
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM

Trinity needs to take care of the ball no silly turnovers no penalties. they will continue to pass even though they dont pass much and the completions of their passes are not even close to their attemps but they do catch some (like 1 or 2). will it be enough i have no idea.. cedar hill put 412 rushing yards on duncanville D lastnight and still lost. I think this game will be up to trinity's dfense to step up and stop duncanvilles offence especially their qb because he can run and throw..

Best statement of the thread!

Trinity Alum
11-05-2011, 02:13 PM

Plano game in PO's. That was the most thrilling Trinity game ever IMO. Trinity kicked a FG for the win in 2OT.

Best passing team IMO.

Trinity Alum
11-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Good Morning

Thankyou

If he has to do that then why even go out there? :rolleyes:

Trinity Alum
11-05-2011, 02:21 PM

I will never forget that game. :(

trojanbacker
11-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Duncanville gave up some yards, but they also put 500+ on Cedar Hill.

TrojanHorse03
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM

I havn't watched D-Ville at all this year other than last night's ch 21 replay. Maybe it's just my worrisome nature but I do have some concern this upcoming friday night. This could be a dogfight and I hope I'm totally wrong.

Same here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7EA7Jei4NQ

TrinityTrojan299
11-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Man you Trinity folks have really done a great job with creating the smoke screen. I mean yall got the coaches in on it. They told the QB to intentionally throw bad passes all year so that when yall need them in the PO's they will be very effective and put the dagger right through the opponents heart.:D
All kidding aside, Im sure most of yall would like to see some yards in the passing game, just like us Eagles would like to see better run stopping.

Just sayin'

Lol, you're right, we have just been hiding it all along. It takes extreme QB proficiency to miss every pass by exactly 20 yards :yes:

TrinityTrojan299
11-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I understand the concerns about our passing game, but every team has concerns right now, including Allen, Skyline, Katy....well maybe not Katy, but you get my point. I really think everyone is underestimating the Trinity defense. The defense has had a great season, and with the exception of the 2nd half of the Heritage game has simply shut people down. I realize DV is quite a bit better than most of the teams we played, but I also think our defense is better than CHill's, and DV will not have the same success as they did in that game. We are hypercritical because we really want this team to go deep in the PO's. I think our running game, overall defense, and discipline will get us there.

toonman
11-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Trinity by a big score.

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 03:36 PM

if duncanville puts 500+ tyards on trinitys dfense i will be sad..

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Good Day

Anyone remember when Duncanville was red?

Any chance Trinity will use a JV QB? Is there one who played all season and looked good? I saw a kid named Guiyard(?) who looked GREAT in the Irving game and so/so in the next game.

Thankyou

DPaul
11-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I understand the concerns about our passing game, but every team has concerns right now, including Allen, Skyline, Katy....well maybe not Katy, but you get my point. I really think everyone is underestimating the Trinity defense. The defense has had a great season, and with the exception of the 2nd half of the Heritage game has simply shut people down. I realize DV is quite a bit better than most of the teams we played, but I also think our defense is better than CHill's, and DV will not have the same success as they did in that game. We are hypercritical because we really want this team to go deep in the PO's. I think our running game, overall defense, and discipline will get us there.

I hope your last sentence is right on the mark.

DPaul
11-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Good Day

Any chance Trinity will use a JV QB? Is there one who played all season and looked good? I saw a kid named Guiyard(?) who looked GREAT in the Irving game and so/so in the next game.

Thankyou

No, but I remember when Trinity was black. :p

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Good Day

Thankyou

yup i remeber..i think the unis the have now looks good

DPaul
11-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Same here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7EA7Jei4NQ

Thanks, I'm a Longhorn fan so Jeff Thomas is the only player I'm familiar with on D-Ville and Grimes. Are there any youtube videos of Trinity done to a hip hop beat? Watchin that video got me pumped up......but for the wrong team :D

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Good Day

Here is a photo of Duncanville in 1998 when they won state.

http://varsitynetworks.com/cachedcontent/16792/photos/gallery/1998/large/00316884.jpg

Super B
11-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Good Day

Here is a photo of Duncanville in 1998 when they won state.

http://varsitynetworks.com/cachedcontent/16792/photos/gallery/1998/large/00316884.jpg
I had forgotten about their title. I think they were the only team to win state in football and basketball in the same year or something.

trojandad
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
If I wasn't from these parts, I would think Trinity is the underdog versus a team that gave up 50 pts to Legacy!

Now I fully expect a good game, i'd like to see the option removed from the game plan. Funny thing is that Coach Fitch was a great HS option QB but guess his work with the WR's keeps him from helping.

Can anyone remember if we have thrown a slant this season? I can't remember see that. Maybe one crossing pattern that Reese caught I think against Tyler Lee or Abilene.

It's great to be a Trojan fan no matter what happens in these PO's!

Just win by 1!

trojanbacker
11-05-2011, 06:15 PM
If I wasn't from these parts, I would think Trinity is the underdog versus a team that gave up 50 pts to Legacy!

Now I fully expect a good game, i'd like to see the option removed from the game plan. Funny thing is that Coach Fitch was a great HS option QB but guess his work with the WR's keeps him from helping.

Can anyone remember if we have thrown a slant this season? I can't remember see that. Maybe one crossing pattern that Reese caught I think against Tyler Lee or Abilene.

Just win by 1!

Indeed.

trojanbacker
11-05-2011, 06:17 PM
We can discuss Trinity's balance, or lack thereof, from now until ....well, the season ends. It's the kind of thing we do when we have six days to wait until the playoffs.

I will just quote my favorite coach and let it go at that. Coach L has said on more than one occasion "If we can make a team one dimensional, then I think we have a chance to beat them."

DPaul
11-05-2011, 07:53 PM

Just win by 1!

You mean back when #11 was the QB? I'm very careful when talkin about high school football in a public forum because I don't want to throw any one of these kids under a bus because they are just kids. Let's just fast forward through this week and get to friday already. :Censor:

Super B
11-05-2011, 08:01 PM
We can discuss Trinity's balance, or lack thereof, from now until ....well, the season ends. It's the kind of thing we do when we have six days to wait until the playoffs.

I will just quote my favorite coach and let it go at that. Coach L has said on more than one occasion "If we can make a team one dimensional, then I think we have a chance to beat them."
How ironic. :rolleyes:

baylordad
11-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Just win by 1!

No kidding trojandad. Never seen such "Woe is me, Trinity has problems" for a team that is 10-0 and out scored their opponents 427 to 94. That could have been 500+ to 94.

Proud2BATrojan
11-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I assure you that there are atleast 2 pass plays for short yardage, 2 for medium yardage, and 2 for long yardage that the coaches have pounded into these boys heads since 7th grade. I can assure you this because i was one of the kids who had to learn those plays and i could name atleast 3 of them top of my head that i know they will be using and they have relied on before.

Duh?!:rolleyes: No doubt the plays are there, the key is EXECUTION!

LR46
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM

I will just quote my favorite coach and let it go at that. Coach L has said on more than one occasion "If we can make a team one dimensional, then I think we have a chance to beat them."kinda like my 7th grade educated dad used to tell me "You don't wanna be dumb unless you show it." :notworthy I think he used to hang out with Yogi Berra.

Let's get real here. Any team that is good enough to stop our run game will beat us . . . it's that simple because we have not seen anything else we do that's worth anything all season. Granted was can move the ball on the ground as good an any one in the state but . . . Coach L's statement can be used against us pretty easily when facing much better in the playoffs.

And heh, I hope we go all the way again but this year I have serious doubts, serious doubts we go anywhere worthwhile. That will suck!!

Super B
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
No kidding trojandad. Never seen such "Woe is me, Trinity has problems" for a team that is 10-0 and out scored their opponents 427 to 94. That could have been 500+ to 94.
For that matter, it could have been 700+ to -50. A lot of running clock, 4th stringers and late meaningless TD's given up.

TheScout
11-05-2011, 10:17 PM

no trinity won a few years back in OT. but in 1998 trinity was 10-0 and d'ville 7-3 and duncanville beat us by 8 on their way to beating an undefeated judson team in the title game..I will add that we played in Duncanville that year.

TheScout
11-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I believe that Trinity has won 38 of their last 39. I just hope to make it 39/40 this week...however they can do it.

alreadyman
11-05-2011, 10:52 PM
no trinity won a few years back in OT. but in 1998 trinity was 10-0 and d'ville 7-3 and duncanville beat us by 8 on their way to beating an undefeated judson team in the title game..I will add that we played in Duncanville that year.

I wanted to mention that too but then again i wasnt sure..my long-term memory is a struggle

DPaul
11-05-2011, 10:55 PM

I'm right there with you guys when it comes to cheering on our Trojans but let's call it like it is as well. I don't know how anyone can look at the teams in our district and get terribly excited or wear the point differential as a badge of honor. One of the worse districts in the state. The 1 good team CHHS the point differential was 3 in OT. I love our Boys but to blindly not recognize our weakness isn't being too rational.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Good evening

A serious question for all....So what do you guys think about our defense?

I am honestly a little spooked. They really have only played 8 quarters of football and gave up 35ish points. I am refering ONLY to the Abilene and Colleyville game.

We had lots of injuries early in the season which I think we have overcome.
We have had some position changes....Paipa to LB.
Will Leota play FB or DE. He usually plays NT and hasnt played much of that at all.
Pass rush?
Our D-line is smaller this year. 250ish. Which isnt all that small.
Lack of conditioning due to substitutions.
Lack of exposure or experience due to substitutions.

I really dont know. In many ways this is the first game of the year for Trinity. WE SEE THE BACKUPS SOOOOOOO MUCH.

Things I am confident in .
Vaenuku #52. In his limited playing time he made plays from the get go. GREAT at knocking down passes. Could of had 4 interceptions.

Latu #96. A force at the point of attack. Made many tackles for loss against Abilene.

The secondary. I know they did not do great against CHHS. I think that had to do more with the coaches than the players. All of them are great tacklers. The 3 corners #3, #7, #21 all play shut down. #2 is a stud at safety.

thankyou

TeezUp
11-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Good evening

I am honestly a little spooked. They really have only played 8 quarters of football and gave up 35ish points. I am refering ONLY to the Abilene and Colleyville game.

Will Leota play FB or DE. He usually plays NT and hasnt played much of that at all.
Pass rush?

I really dont know. In many ways this is the first game of the year for Trinity. WE SEE THE BACKUPS SOOOOOOO MUCH.

Vaenuku #52. In his limited playing time he made plays from the get go. GREAT at knocking down passes. Could of had 4 interceptions.

Latu #96. A force at the point of attack. Made many tackles for loss against Abilene.

The secondary. I know they did not do great against CHHS. I think that had to do more with the coaches than the players. All of them are great tacklers. The 3 corners #3, #7, #21 all play shut down. #2 is a stud at safety.

thankyou

I love our defense. I think the substitutions give us fresh legs when the other team is worn out. It also gets more players experience in game situations. 95 forced a fumble vs Nimitz which 94 recovered. Let's face it, NT isn't that complicated, so for 6 to come back in and contribute as needed doesn't concern me. I think all the DB's have intercepted at some point and proven they are capable of disrupting plays. We also have a MLB, 24, that has impressed a lot of people, not to mention 5 is obviously a force.

This staff is golden when it comes to preparations for games, esp playoffs.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I wanted to mention that too but then again i wasnt sure..my long-term memory is a struggle
ya, hickman flipping for home and home was stupid. Also I remember the last play of the game was trinity throwing into the endzone and our receiver was mauled before the ball got there. No flags were thrown.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Good evening

Pass rush?

thankyou

Well consider that Trinity was up by 14 at the half on Colleyville...maybe a little let down occurred because trinity was not used to playing 4 quarters and also a little surprised Colleyville didnt quit. Psychologically that will affect you and it takes a few minutes to flip that switch.

Against abilene I wouldnt worry. Trinity was up 34-7 in the 4th when the 3rd defensive unit came in. A returned 2 pt/xpt failed kick and a trash time td was the 10 they scored on the back-ups. Not bad.

Abilene has only lost to Trinity, Longview, and Harlingen who have a combined record of 29-1. The "1" coming from Allen. Trinity also handed them their biggest defeat of the season as well.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 12:26 AM
My "2626" Comp Program predicts

Trinity 37
D'ville 20

I expect a few more points, but really what the comp is saying is a 17 point win. I'd take 1 point.

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm right there with you guys when it comes to cheering on our Trojans but let's call it like it is as well. I don't know how anyone can look at the teams in our district and get terribly excited or wear the point differential as a badge of honor. One of the worse districts in the state. The 1 good team CHHS the point differential was 3 in OT. I love our Boys but to blindly not recognize our weakness isn't being too rational.

That. I like ET, but you can do what you have been doing because of that. And Abilene was very early and they were/are young, remember when you lost to Permian then came back and beat them in the later game?

If Abilene's passing game really has come around, then they might threaten the second time around.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Good Evening

Yes in the Abilene game their QB was only making his 2nd start.

That #24 for Trinity is Turner Wooley. He makes most kick coverage tackles. He has never played at ILB "when it counted" though. The "1st Team" Inside Linebackers have been #5, #9, and #44.

I have a feeling that if Trinity played their starting D all season and never let up that they would have had 8 shutouts. Abilene and Colleyville scored, but the rest of the schedule was so bad.

The schedule was so bad that I am just having a real hard time determining if Trinity is "just that good" or if Trinity "Benefitted" from its district.

I am going to have to go with "Just that good". I saw several games with other teams and no other defense performed as well as Trinity's.

So I am going to have to go with a defensive game.

Trinity 24
Duncanville 10

Thankyou

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Good Evening

Our hard hitting Cornerback Louis against Tyler Lee.

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110826-hs5a023.jpg.ece/BINARY/w700x467/HS5A023.JPG

Super B
11-06-2011, 01:50 AM
I disagree a little bit here. The very worst of our teams are really bad, but I wouldn't say the district as a whole is one of the worst. The top three teams in our district are pretty good. Top 5, Top 15 and Bell.

Here are just a few that are definitely worse as a whole.
9-5A Dallas
1-5A El Paso
2-5A Panhandle
3-5A West Texas
29-5A through 32-5A RGV, Coastal Bend

Grapevine would be champ in all but three of those districts (Skyline, Abilene, Harlingen). I believe Bell would beat Harlingen.

There are other districts too, but I am not gonna bother to look them up right now.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Good evening

The impossible to tackle John Brown running under yet another defender.

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/article15501.ece/BINARY/w440x293/100917_15869349_NS_17Trinity5.jpg

trojanbacker
11-06-2011, 08:27 AM
The "weak district" argument always puzzles me. Not that I don't agree; yes, it's a weak district. It was last year, as well. And the year before. And the year before. And I hear all the voices predicting a quick end due to playing in a weak district. Intellectually, it makes sense. Yet, Trinity just continues to beat teams in the playoffs, even when those teams come from supposedly strong districts.

Maybe it's not as much of an obstacle as others say. I don't know...

baylordad
11-06-2011, 09:16 AM
D'Ville 64 Mansfield Legacy 50 and L.D. Bell 63 Mansfield Legacy 9 equates to L.D. Bell 40 better than D'Ville

Trinity 44 L.D. Bell 11. So I presume Trinity is 73 better than D'Ville. :rofl:

Woe, is me!

LR46
11-06-2011, 09:20 AM
The "weak district" argument always puzzles me. Not that I don't agree; yes, it's a weak district. It was last year, as well. And the year before. And the year before. And I hear all the voices predicting a quick end due to playing in a weak district. Intellectually, it makes sense. Yet, Trinity just continues to beat teams in the playoffs, even when those teams come from supposedly strong districts.

Maybe it's not as much of an obstacle as others say. I don't know...OK I like your post, lets try and answer these questions:

1. Is Trinity just that much better than every team in our district except a few that get close when they have a great game and game plan and we have a few miscues?

I mean we do have the luxury of playing almost every kid in uniform probably more than most schools. Good for the kids and good when we need them in the playoffs.

2. How would we stack up during the regular season in the best districts?

Those of you that study other HS's and keep all the stats can answer this one.

3. Is it possible, despite are well known weaknesses that we may have the best defense in the state?

And defense typically always wins ball games in any sport, especially the big one.

4. Finally, is it that the Trinity fans really don't get thaty pumped up about football until the playoffs, due to our relative "cake walk" seasons, knowing that now we will really see how good our team really is?

I feel that way.

5. Oh also, when is the pep rally next week?

I hope Firday, since I'm off for Veterans Day. I love me some Trojans Playoff Pep Rally.

TrojanHorse03
11-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Maybe it's not as much of an obstacle as others say. I don't know...

Simple, which would you put stock in to in assessing Trinity's strengths and weakness; the 2 and a half competitive games vs. Colleyville, Abilene, and Bell or Trinity's other 7.5 games?

TSOFcoach
11-06-2011, 11:28 AM
this game my be closer then some may think...d'ville is a big team just like trinity and d'ville is better vs the run then the pass.trinty wins because of there defense in this game.

Trinity 31

D'Ville 21

TrojanWebman
11-06-2011, 11:54 AM
D'Ville 64 Mansfield Legacy 50 and L.D. Bell 63 Mansfield Legacy 9 equates to L.D. Bell 40 better than D'Ville

Woe, is me!

Perfect example of why A vs B vs C does not work. :eek:

I'm sure you were poking fun with the idea but no doubt there will be plenty of A vs B vs C examples given in this years playoff season to justify someone's theory. This is a great example of why not to give it any credence!

TheScout
11-06-2011, 12:05 PM
No but it's a perfect example of how duncanville has NO defense.

trojanbacker
11-06-2011, 12:43 PM
this game my be closer then some may think...d'ville is a big team just like trinity and d'ville is better vs the run then the pass.trinty wins because of there defense in this game.

Trinity 31

D'Ville 21

I think most of us expect a close game. Could go either way. I give the edge to Trinity because of their defense.

Joe Bobs DT
11-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Woe, is me!

LMAO + 1, not "just a cakewalk for Trinity" but not a big problem either. Trinity in a squeeker 38 - 14. :eek: Now, where's that German Choclate cake you guys owe me:D

TeezUp
11-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Trinity 31

D'Ville 21

I think the Hawgs are also a key to a Trojan victory, if they play like they did the second half of the Bell game then I could get behind them and run for 200+ yards.

LR46
11-06-2011, 01:17 PM

Trinity 31

D'Ville 21Yup, I think we win but much closer . . . a field goal and it could be an OT needed winner. After that we pray alot.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I see i should've worded my posts a little differently.

NO i do not believe that Trinity "NEVER" passes. I understand we pass atleast 3-5 times a game. My point was that short of throwing a deep ball to BC (and excluding the Vittatoe team) Trinity has never been great at passing the ball. Vittatoe was easily our best QB in my memory, McGee would be my second best IMO, but i also think that McGee had the most talented group of receivers that Trinity has ever had. Hubbard may be able to throw a deep ball but those deep touchdowns against sTp were more because of BC not Hubbard. When you have a receiver that talented all you have to do is throw it up, it's not that hard.

In the end my point is this. Our running game will OWN any team we face this playoff run with the exception of Skyline. They are the only team i am honestly worried about. Our defense this year is probably the best since 05. The two starting corners have the talent to lock down receivers one on one and Moeakiola is one of the most underrated safeties in 5A i believe. If we control the game clock by running the ball on offense and limit our turnovers and mistakes on D i don't see any team besides Skyline that can beat us. Yes Allen has a great chance and is the second best team we will face behind Skyline but their run D has been questionable this year and we always play our best against them and i feel confident Trinity can win that game.

But i need to quit looking forward. First we must play Duncanville. I still believe that Duncanville is overrated. Their win over Cedar Hill was impressive no doubt about it, however for reasons i've stated above i think Trinity will dominate this game.

stinger
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Let's hope the first teamers still have a pulse and remember how to play. :D

Do you bleed any positive blood at all?? You show any pessimism you can when you post. The home side is waiting for you Friday night. You are always quick to forget the things that Trinity does well and try to stack what you think they should do or do better. Do you remember any of the games Trinity did well enough passing when they needed to this year? If a team stacks the line, our QB is smart enough to do what he needs. And you brag about being so intelligent and highly degreed, yet show nothing.

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Do you bleed any positive blood at all?? You show any pessimism you can when you post. The home side is waiting for you Friday night. You are always quick to forget the things that Trinity does well and try to stack what you think they should do or do better. Do you remember any of the games Trinity did well enough passing when they needed to this year? If a team stacks the line, our QB is smart enough to do what he needs. And you brag about being so intelligent and highly degreed, yet show nothing.

I think it is sarcasm....

baylordad
11-06-2011, 03:33 PM

His location "A two level Treehouse with running water and a crapper" explains it all.

Super B
11-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Simple, which would you put stock in to in assessing Trinity's strengths and weakness; the 2 and a half competitive games vs. Colleyville, Abilene, and Bell or Trinity's other 7.5 games?
Hmm... I'm not counting two and a half competitive games at all. It could be argued two full competitive games All of Heritage, 1st halves of Bell and Abilene, but that's it. Trinity definitely pulled away in both the Abilene and Bell games in the 2nd half. From there it was church.

The fact is, Trinity and Bell are in weak districts every season. It didn't seem to hurt Trinity in '05, '07 and '09. I guess you could make the argument it hurt them in '04, '06, '08 and '10.

I think the biggest difference in '10 & '11, is the weak non-district schedule. Coach L has alway been pretty good to schedule quality non-district opponents. With there being one less non-district game in this realignment, an incredibly weak Herbstreit opponent, and a bad Tyler Lee who looked like they may be at least pretty good at the time that deal was made, plus a young, inexperienced Abilene team, it made for a poor non-district schedule as well.

Last season, it may have hurt Trinity for the first time ever. Even a BCless Trinity would have easily rolled through that schedule. This season, Abilene was much better than Shiloh and Heritage was a bonus. Heck, Bell was a much better team than they were last season. Shoot, even Tyler had something to offer in their game, believe it or not, the best defense Trinity has played this season. This season I think Trinity will be fine after having the one huge test against Heritage.

Super B
11-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I see i should've worded my posts a little differently.

NO i do not believe that Trinity "NEVER" passes. I understand we pass atleast 3-5 times a game. My point was that short of throwing a deep ball to BC (and excluding the Vittatoe team) Trinity has never been great at passing the ball. Vittatoe was easily our best QB in my memory, McGee would be my second best IMO, but i also think that McGee had the most talented group of receivers that Trinity has ever had. Hubbard may be able to throw a deep ball but those deep touchdowns against sTp were more because of BC not Hubbard. When you have a receiver that talented all you have to do is throw it up, it's not that hard.

In the end my point is this. Our running game will OWN any team we face this playoff run with the exception of Skyline. They are the only team i am honestly worried about. Our defense this year is probably the best since 05. The two starting corners have the talent to lock down receivers one on one and Moeakiola is one of the most underrated safeties in 5A i believe. If we control the game clock by running the ball on offense and limit our turnovers and mistakes on D i don't see any team besides Skyline that can beat us. Yes Allen has a great chance and is the second best team we will face behind Skyline but their run D has been questionable this year and we always play our best against them and i feel confident Trinity can win that game.

But i need to quit looking forward. First we must play Duncanville. I still believe that Duncanville is overrated. Their win over Cedar Hill was impressive no doubt about it, however for reasons i've stated above i think Trinity will dominate this game.
OK, cause that is how you were coming across. I think you are right in theory. Unfortunately, neither of us are calling the plays. The Coaches seem to be intent on establishing a passing game, but the passing game sucks.

Skipping ahead, if it were me, I'd treat the Allen game like the Irving game. Run play after run play. Over and over again. If they don't stop it, then the final score should be in the neighborhood of (a lot-not enough). Zero pass attempts. If we are right and the Allen run D is not very good and of course we already know how good Trinity's run game is, there you go. I'm sure the coaches will study the Marcus film especially (414 yards rushing, 93 yards passing vs. Allen). The difference is, Marcus's defense is only so so (gave up over 500 yard to Allen).

TrojanHorse03
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
A team's SOS doesn't hurt them or necessarily make them better, it's simply one strong indicating factor of how good they are.

In regards to the strength of 2011 Trinity's schedule, Trinity top 3 opponents only of Colleyville Heritage, Abilene, and Bell are actually above average compared with most playoff teams while falling short of Allen in the bracket. Btw Trinity's 2005 district was top heavy but above average not weak.

If Trinity was 79-1 the last 5 years, I'd forgot about Colleyville this year or Pearland last year, our quarterback level was as good as the 2005-2010 years referenced sure...I'd be in the nothing here to see group too.

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 07:06 PM
OK, cause that is how you were coming across. I think you are right in theory. Unfortunately, neither of us are calling the plays. The Coaches seem to be intent on establishing a passing game, but the passing game sucks.

Skipping ahead, if it were me, I'd treat the Allen game like the Irving game. Run play after run play. Over and over again. If they don't stop it, then the final score should be in the neighborhood of 63-17. Zero pass attempts. If we are right and the Allen run D is not very good and of course we already know how good Trinity's run game is, there you go. I'm sure the coaches will study the Marcus film especially (414 yards rushing, 93 yards passing vs. Allen). The difference is, Marcus's defense is only so so (gave up over 500 yard to Allen).

Really? Are you serious? Especially considering that Colleyville played you into OT with their passing game?

Again, I am a fan of ET, but Allen has everything they had last year with experience. That was a very close game. This year, ET does not have Brandon Carter, that WILL make a difference.

tjw
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Skipping ahead, if it were me, I'd treat the Allen game like the Irving game. Run play after run play. Over and over again. If they don't stop it, then the final score should be in the neighborhood of 63-17. Zero pass attempts. If we are right and the Allen run D is not very good and of course we already know how good Trinity's run game is, there you go. I'm sure the coaches will study the Marcus film especially (414 yards rushing, 93 yards passing vs. Allen). The difference is, Marcus's defense is only so so (gave up over 500 yard to Allen).

Seriously???:rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding, right?:rofl::rofl:

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Really? Are you serious? Especially considering that Colleyville played you into OT with their passing game?

Again, I am a fan of ET, but Allen has everything they had last year with experience. That was a very close game. This year, ET does not have Brandon Carter, that WILL make a difference.
Right with no Brandon Carter we might actually stick to what we do best...run.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Seriously???:rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding, right?:rofl::rofl:
what's so funny? He wasnt comparing Allen to Irving, just the game plan. Allen has shown they can't stop the run so why wouldn't Trinity just run it all night. Not sure why you think this is funny. Im sure the score was sarcasm.

tjw
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
what's so funny? He wasnt comparing Allen to Irving, just the game plan. Allen has shown they can't stop the run so why wouldn't Trinity just run it all night. Not sure why you think this is funny.

Yeah Allen may have some trouble at times with the run but don't think Trinity could run all over Allen let alone score 63-17, that is what is so funny and a stupid comment to be honest. Remember Trinity has proven they can not stop the pass and Allen is very good with the pass. ;)

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah Allen may have some trouble at times with the run but don't think Trinity could run all over Allen let alone score 63-17, that is what is so funny and a stupid comment to be honest. Remember Trinity has proven they can not stop the pass and Allen is very good with the pass. ;)
The score was in sarcasm, True Trinity has trouble with the pass, but Allen is not 99% pass like Trinity 99% run. I don't think Allen is as dominant as they were last year, and neither is Trinity. I do think trinity's run offense is better than MArcus though

chhspantherfan
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
great thread, keep it up........as a common opponent fan, I truly believe that Duncanville will give Trinity everything that they can handle. Trinity is very good, however they have some exposed weaknesses. Our staff recognized it, and I am sure that Dicus and crew will see it.
That said, Trinity will be quite surprised at the level at which Duncanville plays. I believe that the Trojans will step up and take it but not without a fight.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:38 PM
great thread, keep it up........as a common opponent fan, I truly believe that Duncanville will give Trinity everything that they can handle. Trinity is very good, however they have some exposed weaknesses. Our staff recognized it, and I am sure that Dicus and crew will see it.
That said, Trinity will be quite surprised at the level at which Duncanville plays. I believe that the Trojans will step up and take it but not without a fight.
I think if Colleyville were to play D'ville now, Heritage would destroy D'ville. Heritage was slow to get going this year, but after seeing Duncanville give up 50 to Legacy, and Bell hold them to 9 is a little strange. Duncanville has a terrible defense and Heritage is tons better now. Trinity will score plenty

chhspantherfan
11-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I think if Colleyville were to play D'ville now, Heritage would destroy D'ville. Heritage was slow to get going this year, but after seeing Duncanville give up 50 to Legacy, and Bell hold them to 9 is a little strange. Duncanville has a terrible defense and Heritage is tons better now. Trinity will score plenty

maybe, maybe not. Duncanville can stack the box....they have the bodies to fill the box and it may take a Trinity passing attack to loosen it up. What they have given up in some games is irrelevant in my opinion....Dicus needs a signature win and this may be it.

tjw
11-06-2011, 07:49 PM
The score was in sarcasm, True Trinity has trouble with the pass, but Allen is not 99% pass like Trinity 99% run. I don't think Allen is as dominant as they were last year, and neither is Trinity. I do think trinity's run offense is better than MArcus though

I agree with 99% and with injuries and other issue Allen is not as dominate as they started the year.

As far as the run game that might be debatable actually with Harvey Giddens having 1610 yds & Jeff Smiley 1305 yds both in the top ten in the area while Joel Kimpela has 1376. Those stats alone show Marcus much better. ;)

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
maybe, maybe not. Duncanville can stack the box....they have the bodies to fill the box and it may take a Trinity passing attack to loosen it up. What they have given up in some games is irrelevant in my opinion....Dicus needs a signature win and this may be it.
yes previous games could be irrelevant until you consider they have given up an average of over 50 points the last 2 weeks and one team was (2-7). Anything can happen but for D'ville to suddenly clamp down from a 34 point defensive average for the year will take an overhaul or a lot of Trinity turnovers.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I agree with 99% and with injuries and other issue Allen is not as dominate as they started the year.

As far as the run game that might be debatable actually with Harvey Giddens having 1610 yds & Jeff Smiley 1305 yds both in the top ten in the area while Joel Kimpela has 1376. Those stats alone show Marcus much better. ;)
I'd agree if kimpela ever saw the 2nd half of more than 1 game.;)

LR46
11-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Do you bleed any positive blood at all?? You show any pessimism you can when you post. The home side is waiting for you Friday night. You are always quick to forget the things that Trinity does well and try to stack what you think they should do or do better. Do you remember any of the games Trinity did well enough passing when they needed to this year? If a team stacks the line, our QB is smart enough to do what he needs. And you brag about being so intelligent and highly degreed, yet show nothing.Are you serious? The most absurd post of the year,even directed at me. You obviously failed reading comprehesion or just fail see anything other then what your narrow mind thinks. Have you read any of my posts at all or just the one you want to focus on? Then again, I may be responding to someone that is just high on something. Absolutely incomprehensible. I won't even ask you how old you are because stupid knows no age.

Now lets get back to football, instead of your failed personal attacks. Disagree with me fine but your palthetic attempt at making it personal exposed you for what you are. Sorry! :notworthy

chhspantherfan
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
yes previous games could be irrelevant until you consider they have given up an average of over 50 points the last 2 weeks and one team was (2-7). Anything can happen but for D'ville to suddenly clamp down from a 34 point defensive average for the year will take an overhaul or a lot of Trinity turnovers.

keep thinking that and you will be mighty surprised. This will be a close game!

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:58 PM
it doesnt matter what I think. But I think Trinity will be fine.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
what is close? 7? 10? 14? would you agree 10 points is convincing or is 14 the minimum?

tjw
11-06-2011, 08:00 PM
I'd agree if kimpela ever saw the 2nd half of more than 1 game.;)

Not disagreeing that Trinity doesn't have a good run game, just do not see it being that much better than Marcus. Some would argure Marcus has the best run offense in the DFW area (DMN story)?

Did see Kimpela play the whole game against Heritage and LD Bell? But understand your point.

LR46
11-06-2011, 08:01 PM
His location "A two level Treehouse with running water and a crapper" explains it all.Oh yee of miniscule minds! :rofl: I'd invite you up but it might get too crowded. :p Get it? Sorry, I'm getting close to being personal and I promised myself sometime ago to turn over a k-new leaf. :D My asspologies. Again, now onto football if our minds will allow it.

LR46
11-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Not disagreeing that Trinity doesn't have a good run game, just do not see it being that much better than Marcus. Some would argure Marcus has the best run offense in the DFW area (DMN story)?

Did see Kimpela play the whole game against Heritage and LD Bell? But understand your point.Lets hope you get a chance to try and defend Kimpela and all other bodies. Then we will see how good Allen really is.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM

Did see Kimpela play the whole game against Heritage and LD Bell? But understand your point.
agreed. I think we don't know how good or bad trinity's offense is because the starters usually sit the entire 2nd half. But as long as we are cross comparing two districts and with disregard to the level of opponents,

Trinity's Defense

Pass Defense 981
Run Defense 931

Allen's Defense

Pass Defense 1739
Run Defense 1694

Like I said two differnt schedules

LR46
11-06-2011, 08:09 PM
what is close? 7? 10? 14? would you agree 10 points is convincing or is 14 the minimum?I agree with pantherfan, like I keep saying (AND IT DO BELEIVE THE TROJANS WILL WIN) it may come down to a field goal and in OT at that. I hope I'm wrong. IS THAT FREAKING POSITIVE ENOUGH FOR ALL YA'S! Give me a freaking break . . . what a bunch of little Trojan baby fans on here.

Listen to panther, he knows wayyyyyyy more about football than I do! :notworthy Seriously!!

TheScout
11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I agree with pantherfan, like I keep saying (AND IT DO BELEIVE THE TROJANS WILL WIN) it may come down to a field goal and in OT at that. I hope I'm wrong. IS THAT FREAKING POSITIVE ENOUGH FOR ALL YA'S! Give me a freaking break . . . what a bunch of little Trojan baby fans on here.

Listen to panther, he knows wayyyyyyy more about football than I do! :notworthy Seriously!!
why are you yelling at me? I never said a word to you. Please redirect your anger to someone else.I just wanted clarification as to what a close game was to Pantherfan.

trojanbacker
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Heading out of town for the week and will probably miss the Trinity game. I've missed three games in maybe 10 years, but work calls. Good luck to the Trojans and the others from 6-5A.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
I will add that Duncanville lost every game they played, in which they played a team with a winning record...except Garland and OT against CHill.

tjw
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Lets hope you get a chance to try and defend Kimpela and all other bodies. Then we will see how good Allen really is.

Looking forward to it. :)

As long as we get past Keller Central and ya'll get past Duncanville we will see. ;)

agreed. I think we don't know how good or bad trinity's offense is because the starters usually sit the entire 2nd half. But as long as we are cross comparing two districts and with disregard to the level of opponents,

Trinity's Defense

Pass Defense 981
Run Defense 931

Allen's Defense

Pass Defense 1739
Run Defense 1694

Like I said two differnt schedules

That is why SOS comes into play as stats can be so skewd. ;)

LR46
11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
why are you yelling at me? I never said a word to you. Please redirect your anger to someone else.I just wanted clarification as to what a close game was to Pantherfan.My apologies TheScout, I was not yelling at you but some of these other knuckleheads with their heads where the sun don't shine. If it came across as a negatory at you I am sorry. :o

pather is simply saying all I and you for the most part have been saying all along . . . everyone get in touch with reality that's all. Peace brother! :)

You are one of a hand full Trojan fans on here that support them but still has a realistic open mind along with me I might add. I'preciate that.

LR46
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Heading out of town for the week and will probably miss the Trinity game. I've missed three games in maybe 10 years, but work calls. Good luck to the Trojans and the others from 6-5A.Safe travels. I'm still here in my own amenable way, now with a job at an office no more than 5 minues from Trinity and/or Pennington Field. I strongly believe you will have more games to go to.

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Nothing against a power running team, it's awesome to see the grindage by the 3rd/4th Q. But predicting a 63-something win with the run game against Allen is unrealistic, esp without a BC to get the big breakaways. get my point?

Does anyone in ET really think that Allen's Defense is so bad they will give up 63 points against a 1-dimensional offense? Again, not trying to be controversial or diss ET in any way, just can't believe anyone would think that.

What was the score last year? How many turnovers by Allen? :)

LR46
11-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Nothing against a power running team, it's awesome to see the grindage by the 3rd/4th Q. But predicting a 63-something win with the run game against Allen is unrealistic, esp without a BC to get the big breakaways. get my point?

Does anyone in ET really think that Allen's Defense is so bad they will give up 63 points against a 1-dimensional offense? Again, not trying to be controversial or diss ET in any way, just can't believe anyone would think that.

What was the score last year? How many turnovers by Allen? :)Reality check . . . Trinity will need a near perfect game and some breaks in our favor to beat Allen. If we get neither . . . we will go home unhappy!! Can we beat Allen? Yes. Will we. Highly debatable!!! But all that is naught if we can't handle D'ville and that's not a gimme.

TrinityTrojan80
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM

Stacking the box is a part of the master plan!

I see a huge smoke-screen being... never mind.

Lineweaver has it all under control, he has painted all of the background and is ready to finish his 2011 masterpiece.

I think there will be a coaching staff prepare for the Trojans and get zero results for their efforts.

See my first statement.:D

TrinityTrojan80
11-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Agreed, that we do not pass as well this year, but we also strayed away from what we natrually do well last year by featuring Mr. Carter's talents. We run the football, smash-mouth style.

Trinity's defense has vastly improved versus the pass this year. We changed over quite a few players so we had a few more questions going in to this year, but defensivly somhow we improved. On the offense side, we run the ball better than last year, maybe, but I believe the play calling will go back to what we do best.

If it aint rough, it aint right...3 yds and a cloud of dust (or rubber pellets).:D

Comanche
11-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I havn't watched D-Ville at all this year other than last night's ch 21 replay. Maybe it's just my worrisome nature but I do have some concern this upcoming friday night. This could be a dogfight and I hope I'm totally wrong. I would love to see our Boys come out and whip D-Ville with their best game of the year. But I'm concerned.
This game scares the heck out of me:eek:

Comanche
11-06-2011, 10:17 PM
We would have beat Pearlands bootie had we stuck with the run last year and not called so many goofy reverses!

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-06-2011, 10:20 PM
We would have beat Pearlands bootie had we stuck with the run last year and not called so many goofy reverses!

So true. Killed them with the run up the middle but we just had to give the ball to Carter, Pearland had the gameplan to stop him we just didn't adjust to it.

slcdragonfan
11-06-2011, 10:21 PM
So true. Killed them with the run up the middle but we just had to give the ball to Carter, Pearland had the gameplan to stop him we just didn't adjust to it.

That.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-06-2011, 10:25 PM
That.

It's the truth, one of the only times I've seen Lineweaver not make the adjustments that we needed at half and just get out coached. I hate to say it but that's what happened.

TheScout
11-06-2011, 10:46 PM
My apologies TheScout, I was not yelling at you but some of these other knuckleheads with their heads where the sun don't shine. If it came across as a negatory at you I am sorry. :o

pather is simply saying all I and you for the most part have been saying all along . . . everyone get in touch with reality that's all. Peace brother! :)

You are one of a hand full Trojan fans on here that support them but still has a realistic open mind along with me I might add. I'preciate that.
Well you are one of my fav's. :notworthy

TheScout
11-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Looking forward to it. :)

As long as we get past Keller Central and ya'll get past Duncanville we will see. ;)

That is why SOS comes into play as stats can be so skewd. ;)
My point exactly. You can't tell anything by numbers. I still take Trinity's Rush over Marcus'

TheScout
11-06-2011, 10:53 PM

geez dude chill the F out. I did not predict a 63 point win and he was being sarcastic. Get my point?

Plus Trinity had plenty of missed oppurtunities in that game as well. I've never seen a team had to apologize so much for winning as Trinity has. So funny. When Trinity wins everyone says " YA well we ALMOST had you. WE figured you out we just couldnt get out of our own way." But when Trinity loses it's "Youre overrated, you are one-diminsional" blah blah, blah... Don't forget Trinity CAUSED 2 of their 3 fumbles.

You should worry more about Carroll getting creamed this year in the playoffs, cause they wont survive long.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-06-2011, 10:56 PM
geez dude chill the F out. I did not predict a 63 point win and he was being sarcastic. Get my point?

Plus Trinity had plenty of missed oppurtunities in that game as well. I've never seen a team had to apologize so much for winning as Trinity has. So funny. When Trinity wins everyone says " YA well we ALMOST had you. WE figured you out we just couldnt get out of our own way." But when Trinity loses it's "Youre overrated, you are one-diminsional" blah blah, blah... Don't forget Trinity CAUSED 2 of their 3 fumbles.

You should worry more about Carroll getting creamed this year in the playoffs, cause they wont survive long.

Are we already re-igniting the rivalry!? Will the Region 1 Championship be the next clash of these two titans!? I hope so, been waiting for this game for a few years now that's for sure, let's make it happen!!

TheScout
11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
That.
thanks genius, we already knew this.:rolleyes:

DPaul
11-06-2011, 11:26 PM
1st thing's 1st. Not Allen, Not SLC....

It's D-Ville friday night @ 7:30 as Jason Garrett would say.

Super B
11-06-2011, 11:52 PM

Sure, I'm serious. I say this because of the fear of Trinity passing the ball.

If it works, why not? It appears that Heritage has a much better defense than Allen. Statistically, Heritage gives up 311.1 per game, 17th per DMN. Allen gives up 343.3, 29th per DMN. That's more yards surrendered than non playoff teams Saginaw, Haltom, Richland and Keller. Also, Heritage held Trinity to 252 rushing yards, 6 yards a carry. I can assure you, that was one of the lowest rushing yardage totals and averages Trinity has had in a game this season. Heritage is also a slightly better passing team than Allen. Or at least they pass for slightly more yards than Allen.

Also, no Carter, true. This year Trinity has NASCAR, a better O-line, and a better defense.

Super B
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
what's so funny? He wasnt comparing Allen to Irving, just the game plan. Allen has shown they can't stop the run so why wouldn't Trinity just run it all night. Not sure why you think this is funny. Im sure the score was sarcasm.
Actually, the score wasn't sarcasm. If Allen can't stop Trinity's run, and Trinity is committed to non stop running, the score will end up being (a lot-not enough) or some such.

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
2 things wrong with your prediction Super B.

1. If we did commit to running every single play there would not be enough time for us to score 63 with that much running clock. Even more than that i do think Allen's D is much better than 63 points and although they have had poor showings against good run teams they're still a premier defense in DFW and all of 5A.

2. With an offense as potent as Allen's is when they're firing on all cylinders will not be held to 17 points. I know for a fact this year's defense especially the pass D is much better than last year's and i expect them to hold Allen to between 24 and 35. No way we hold them to 17 unless they turn the ball over 3+ times.

But as DPaul said, 1st things 1st, Duncanville Panthers!

Super B
11-07-2011, 12:04 AM
It is funny, but not stupid. It was hypothetical. I didn't say I think that will happen. I wasn't trying to be insulting. Forget the hypothetical score, the score was not important to my point. I was just driving home a point that Trinity needs to be committed to running the ball to have a good chance of beating Allen.

As far as stopping the pass, I think you'll find Trinity will be a tough D to do anything on.

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 12:08 AM

Here is the quote Scout. Please explain to me how this is sarcastic especially in light of his final post (see below) which says "Sure, I'm serious".:rolleyes:

I am perfectly chilled out thank you very much, but obviously you aren't. I never said anything about Trinity playing poorly, Trinity NOT having missed opportunities, Trinity having to apologize, Trinity being overrated. I did say that it is a 1-dimensional offense, AGREEING WITH YOUR OWN FANS, and advised that, while Trinity may be better, so is Allen. And 63 points is really just silly. Looking at the stats is going to be skewed. Allen played Marcus, Plano East, Hebron, Longview, etc. Their schedule would indicate that the stats would not be as strong as Trinity.

Thanks for your comments regarding Carroll. As Trinity is my second or third favorite team, I thought I was having a discussion with other fans. I guess that is only for Scout to determine.

thanks genius, we already knew this.:rolleyes:

Then why did he say it? If everybody already knows this, why talk to me,talk to him, he posted it. Why are you being so confrontational?

If it works, why not? ....

As I said before, I am not trying in anyway to 'diss' Trinity. There are connections there between coaching staff, and for many Carroll fans (including me) Trinity is one of our favorite teams. I don't think I have acted in any way to disparage ET fans or the program.

So, Scout, to use your vernacular, YOU chill the F'lip out, GENIUS. Get MY point? :)

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
It is funny, but not stupid. It was hypothetical. I didn't say I think that will happen. I wasn't trying to be insulting. Forget the hypothetical score, the score was not important to my point. I was just driving home a point that Trinity needs to be committed to running the ball to have a good chance of beating Allen.

As far as stopping the pass, I think you'll find Trinity will be a tough D to do anything on.

Yes. But what other option have you got? ;)

Super B
11-07-2011, 12:23 AM

This makes me want to cuss! :mad:

No, I don't get your point.

I NEVER PREDICTED ANYTHING :Censor:!

Where is the prediction?

Turn on the sarcasm meter. I wasn't saying I thought that would happen! I have no reason to believe it won't be a close game like always.

Geesh!

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 12:33 AM

1. If we did commit to running every single play there would not be enough time for us to score 63 with that much running clock. Even more than that i do think Allen's D is much better than 63 points and although they have had poor showings against good run teams they're still a premier defense in DFW and all of 5A.

2. With an offense as potent as Allen's is when they're firing on all cylinders will not be held to 17 points. I know for a fact this year's defense especially the pass D is much better than last year's and i expect them to hold Allen to between 24 and 35. No way we hold them to 17 unless they turn the ball over 3+ times.

Actually, the score wasn't sarcasm. If Allen can't stop Trinity's run, and Trinity is committed to non stop running, the score will end up being 63-17 or some such.

This makes me want to cuss! :mad:

No, I don't get your point.
See quote 1 above. A ground game is going to have a hard time scoring 63 points against a top 5 team in the state of Texas, time-wise and execution-wise. That was my point.

I NEVER PREDICTED ANYTHING :Censor:!

Where is the prediction?

Turn on the sarcasm meter. I wasn't saying I thought that would happen! I have no reason to believe it won't be a close game like always.
See your very own quote regarding whether it was sarcasm or not.
Geesh!

If I used the wrong word (prediction) then I apologize. It appears that another Trojan fan also called it a prediction so perhaps my misunderstanding was more universal?

Super B
11-07-2011, 12:33 AM

:Censor:, it's not a :Censor: prediction!!!

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 12:36 AM
:Censor:, it's not a :Censor: prediction!!!

:rofl:

So, I take it that it isn't a prediction. ;)

Super B
11-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Here is the quote Scout. Please explain to me how this is sarcastic especially in light of his final post (see below) which says "Sure, I'm serious".:rolleyes:

If it works, why not? It appears that Heritage has a much better defense than Allen. Statistically, Heritage gives up 311.1 per game, 17th per DMN. Allen gives up 343.3, 29th per DMN. That's more yards surrendered than non playoff teams Saginaw, Haltom, Richland and Keller. Also, Heritage held Trinity to 252 rushing yards, 6 yards a carry. I can assure you, that was one of the lowest rushing yardage totals and averages Trinity has had in a game this season. Heritage is also a slightly better passing team than Allen. Or at least they pass for slightly more yards than Allen.

Also, no Carter, true. This year Trinity has NASCAR, a better O-line, and a better defense.
I was obviously referring to the 100% run game plan I had suggested earlier, not the score.

Super B
11-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Yes. But what other option have you got? ;)
What do you mean?

TrinityTrojan08-10
11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Lol i also read your original comment as a prediction. Maybe speed reading isn't the best for forums :p. I see what your saying now

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 12:50 AM
I was obviously referring to the 100% run game plan I had suggested earlier, not the score.

That was not obvious to me.

I could see a 100% run game plan.

I'll leave it alone though, this thread is about Duncanville. Let's see how that one turns out. I expect a battle for about 2 quarters, maybe 2.5, then ET grinds out a win by 10-17 points.

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 12:53 AM
What do you mean?

Option A: 100% run.
Option B: ....99% run?
Option C: ...98% run?

In other words, there doesn't appear to be a passing attack. You HAVE to run. Am I wrong?

And hey, I'm not going after your team. It's a discussion, not a put-down session. I'll admit I didn't appreciate Scout's response, but I'm just here to talk about football.

Super B
11-07-2011, 01:03 AM

In other words, there doesn't appear to be a passing attack. You HAVE to run. Am I wrong?

And hey, I'm not going after your team. It's a discussion, not a put-down session. I'll admit I didn't appreciate Scout's response, but I'm just here to talk about football.
Scout can be a little B!+c#y sometimes. One of the overly sensitive types who gets carried away with defending his point.

Anyway, I do think if done right the passing game can be effective. It depends on which QB is passing and to which skill players he is passing to. Forget the deep ball, that is not an option this season. Flats, swing passes to RB's, crossing routes to TE's and screens can all be effective. Do it just enough to make the D have to account for the pass.

stinger
11-07-2011, 07:27 AM

The Dicus signature is where he came from. Of course they were about to get rid of him anyway. He does not have the stuff mentally for a 5A signature. Just ask the coaches that left him when he came to D'ville.

da hawaiian
11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Actually, the score wasn't sarcasm. If Allen can't stop Trinity's run, and Trinity is committed to non stop running, the score will end up being 63-17 or some such.

Too easy to misunderstand your intent with this statement, I know what you're getting at. And as a fan, I always believe we can win, but that scoreline is unrealistic and disrespectful...regardless the logic you're using, or the point I'm missing lol?

I haven't seen the blocking combo's that would make me think we could run against a stout front7 thats stacked inside tight. Kimpela's not a true zone back, he doesn't wait for things to develop, he hits the hole with a ton of momentum tho but blocking for a back like him is alot different for blocking for a vision back like TW.

We have alot of sure handed recieving options, not to mention all of our fullbacks, a mountainous baby TE and a converted QB who's been a revelation of sorts at the slot. The pass pro has been suprisingly good too. The QB's have to work on footwork first and foremost, it's a Trojan curse I tell you.

But you won't here any discussion of an Allen matchup from this Trinity fan, when Duncanville remains a realistic road block.

Do I think Trinity is a better team than Duncanville? Ofcourse I do, I'm a homer and wear red tinted glasses. But, I've seen our run game stall too many times to put any money down on this game.

If Trinity is to wear the crown at season's end, it will be on the back of unbelievable defensive play and schemes.

da hawaiian
11-07-2011, 12:00 PM
On a positive note for Trinity. The OL is healthy and back at full strength and each week they look better, especially with Richard Lolohea back at strong guard. Another bright spot has been the play of Trinity's Deep and talented DL. Can't remember the last time we had this much talent and depth at this spot, and that's saying something. The play of the 2 JR DE's Kaio and Tevi has been terrific, they're both way ahead of where I'd thought they'd be since both have a ton of upside to those long frames of theirs. Ofcourse Polo has been a force, when you throw in the always fabulous Dez Richardson and even the return of Tomi Finau and ofcourse the stalwart play of Safari Bolden, oh and ofcourse the hilight reel Wawa, the heart and motor of the DL Latu and his younger brother Hafoka, it's been a treat to watch this unit all season.

The line play for Trinity is again as good as you'll find anywhere.

I still love the play of our 2 little backs Reeves and Brown. I just think that if there's not alot of open space and where deep speed might not be the most pressing need at the moment, they're so tough in tight and inside, maybe it's because they're tought to locate, but they run with a style that lights my old heart up. Kimpela is our deep threat back, to change his style would probably be a mistake, the key is to run to his strength, which is a designed hole, at speed and then watch him go. He's not a true zone back in my mind, Ofcourse what do I know, but quick hitters with alot of man up blocking is where I feel his strengths lay. He's also a great reciever, watch for him on wheel routes.

If our QB's can up their play, there's no limit to what this team could do this post season. They have to create enough space with accurate and headsy play for our running game to operate against the better defense we will come accross. And ofcourse our coaches know this, there was a concerted effort to get that passing game a go last thursday. Maybe not what we wanted for the most part, but it was there and ofcourse...it wasn't everything we've got either

da wiz
11-07-2011, 12:36 PM
good stuff, is there a coaches corner tonite?? thinking about going to my first one of this year...

Trinity Alum
11-07-2011, 12:39 PM
It's the truth, one of the only times I've seen Lineweaver not make the adjustments that we needed at half and just get out coached. I hate to say it but that's what happened.

He also had another brain fart against SLC in 2006.

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 12:40 PM
He also had another brain fart against SLC in 2006.

But that fake punt play has worked out for you many times in subsequent years. I always felt he was making a point with all the times he has done it successfully since. :)

TrojanWebman
11-07-2011, 12:40 PM
I always sleep better after you post DaHawaiian :notworthy

Trinity Alum
11-07-2011, 12:59 PM
But that fake punt play has worked out for you many times in subsequent years. I always felt he was making a point with all the times he has done it successfully since. :)

I wasn't referring to that play. The decision to go for the TD on 4th and goal from the 2 instead of the FG, if I remember the yardline correctly.

chhspantherfan
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
what is close? 7? 10? 14? would you agree 10 points is convincing or is 14 the minimum?

Man......did I leave this thread early last night or what?

IMO, this will be a one score game.

LR46
11-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Dear Reason:

Looks like no one is willing to listen to Reason.

Thanks,
Reason 1' :D

LR46
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM

And hey, I'm not going after your team. It's a discussion, not a put-down session. I'll admit I didn't appreciate Scout's response, but I'm just here to talk about football.In reality the Trojans' passing "game plan" for the playoffs has been kept secretly in a hermetically sealed mayonaise jar on "funk and wagnalls" porch since noon at the beginning of the year. The Kraken will release it soon . . . since the playoffs are now here :rofl:

LR46
11-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Well you are one of my fav's. :notworthyHmmm, so you like to hang out with controversial, seedy characters that speak the truth albeit in debatable ways sometimes? I can dig it. :D

jbusch
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM

thanks Dragon fan at least somebody on this board has some brains, I can live with the SLC call, I few others I don't support

TheScout
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM

I am perfectly chilled out thank you very much, but obviously you aren't. I never said anything about Trinity playing poorly, Trinity NOT having missed opportunities, Trinity having to apologize, Trinity being overrated. I did say that it is a 1-dimensional offense, AGREEING WITH YOUR OWN FANS, and advised that, while Trinity may be better, so is Allen. And 63 points is really just silly. Looking at the stats is going to be skewed. Allen played Marcus, Plano East, Hebron, Longview, etc. Their schedule would indicate that the stats would not be as strong as Trinity.

Thanks for your comments regarding Carroll. As Trinity is my second or third favorite team, I thought I was having a discussion with other fans. I guess that is only for Scout to determine.

Then why did he say it? If everybody already knows this, why talk to me,talk to him, he posted it. Why are you being so confrontational?

As I said before, I am not trying in anyway to 'diss' Trinity. There are connections there between coaching staff, and for many Carroll fans (including me) Trinity is one of our favorite teams. I don't think I have acted in any way to disparage ET fans or the program.

So, Scout, to use your vernacular, YOU chill the F'lip out, GENIUS. Get MY point? :)

Now you are fun to banter with!! Lol no hard feelings. I do think that Allen and trinity both have taken a step back this year though.

TheScout
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Scout can be a little B!+c#y sometimes. One of the overly sensitive types who gets carried away with defending his point.

Anyway, I do think if done right the passing game can be effective. It depends on which QB is passing and to which skill players he is passing to. Forget the deep ball, that is not an option this season. Flats, swing passes to RB's, crossing routes to TE's and screens can all be effective. Do it just enough to make the D have to account for the pass.

So sorry for defending you, won't happen again. And I think you're the sensitive one on the board. Remember the pm you sent me???

slcdragonfan
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Now you are fun to banter with!! Lol no hard feelings. I do think that Allen and trinity both have taken a step back this year though.

:)

In fact, if it happens, the Trinity/Allen game is the equivalent of the SLC/ET game of 2006. It is BIG. Perhaps there are differences in how each team has had to achieve their success this year, but there is no doubt they are the leading contenders in DI and probably beyond.

Good health to both.

TheScout
11-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Ahhh, good to see youre back!

TeezUp
11-07-2011, 11:17 PM
It's the truth, one of the only times I've seen the coaching staff not make the adjustments that we needed at half and just get out coached. I hate to say it but that's what happened.

fify, but not sure I agree

In reality the Trojans' passing "game plan" for the playoffs has been kept secretly in a hermetically sealed mayonaise jar on "funk and wagnalls" porch since noon at the beginning of the year. The Kraken will release it soon . . . since the playoffs are now here :rofl:

It had been buried in '71 under the football field with explicit instructions to remain for 40 years. It is now being excavated :D

TeezUp
11-07-2011, 11:27 PM

I know you...

So sorry for defending you, won't happen again. And I think you're the sensitive one on the board. Remember the pm you sent me???

...and I'm pretty sure I know you, but I'm not 100% sure.

We're all Trinity fans, can we let that be enough and stop the bickering?

TheScout
11-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I know you...

...and I'm pretty sure I know you, but I'm not 100% sure.

We're all Trinity fans, can we let that be enough and stop the bickering?

Bickering or bantering? Lol and if you know me I'd be very surprised. But anything is possible. You got it. NO more bickering.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Good Day

I am sitting in a convention centre in houston staring at a projection screen......I AM READY TO START BICKERING

LETS BICKER.

Does anyone know if the game tonight AGAINST DUNCANVILLE will be on millenium sports.com?

Thank you

alreadyman
11-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Good Day

I am sitting in a convention centre in houston staring at a projection screen......I AM READY TO START BICKERING

LETS BICKER.

Does anyone know if the game tonight AGAINST DUNCANVILLE will be on millenium sports.com?

Thank you

I dont think so but but if you are trying to hear it online click the link and go from there.

http://ttfbc.com/events/tabid/85/ctl/details/mid/394/itemid/46/default.aspx?containersrc=[g]containers%2Fcrome%2Fredbarwhitetitle&skinsrc=[g]skins%2Fcrome%2Fcrome_admin

TrojanWebman
11-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I did not see any playoff games televised this weekend, at least in the DFW area.

I went to the trojan website (http://www.trinitytrojanfootball.com) and they list several options for you if you have internet access.

The radio broadcast is on 1630 KKGM which wont help you in Houston but looking at KKGM's website (http://www.kkgmam.com/) you will find a link to listen to the broadcast via internet.

I think you can also get play-by-play via Trinity's facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TrinityTrojanFootball). I noticed someone has been putting play-by-play out there each week.

Your third option is something called Pressbox Services (http://pbstats.pointstreak.com/scoreboard.html?week=11&m=11&y=2011&seasonid=TXHMFB_2011&class=&status=&teamid=10380&team_name=Euless+Trinity) which looks like another play-by-play option with better graphics.

If you have an iphone, there are several apps you can install to track high school football games live via your iphone. I have 3 installed. Most of the games have scorers now.

1) Friday Night Rivals (Anyone can update scores for your team)
2) Friday Night Football Scores (I update this one for Trinity)
3) Max Preps Mobile. (Go to websites and search for Trinity to find Qwixcore link for score and possession changes)

Hope this helps tonight. Wish you were with us!
Go Trojans!!

TrojanWebman
11-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Ooops! I see someone else has pointed you in the right direction.

Tsup
11-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Trinity Dville will be good. "NASCAR" gets a full race. If their D does not hit him on the first level. The backers and secondary will have a tough task ahead.

The Trinity D, is really agressive and forces turnovers. If Duncanville limits those, it should be a close hard fought game.

Keep penalties to a minimum Trojans.

14 point margin with ET winning is my prediction.

Defense :rofl: Defense :yes: Defense :Censor: DEFENSE

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 08:16 PM
GOOD EVENING

THANKYOU ALL
I am listning to the game right now on KKGM.com. That link works if anyone is looking for it.

My parents arer at the game freaking out because THS is loosing 7-6

THANK YOU

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Good Evening

Kimpela just broke for 55 yard td.

27-14 THS

5:03 left 2nd Qtr.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Trinity commits a facemask on 3rd and 32 at Dunk 9. DANG IT!!!!!!!!!

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Dunk has gotten to THS 25 with 1:37ish left in 2nd. DANG FASEMASK!!!!!!

sounds like THS running same D as CHHS game.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 08:52 PM
THAT FACEMASK JUST TURNED INTO A 91 YARD TD DRIVE. DUNK LEFT :32 ON THE CLOCK.

DANG PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS 3RD AND 32 nd they got a sack on the play. dang penalties!!!!!!!!!

10 plays and 91 yards after the penalty

dang it

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 08:54 PM
ths just committed another facemask on the kick return. Had the ball at the 42 then ended up at the 27.

dang penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alreadyman
11-11-2011, 08:57 PM
penalties!

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 08:57 PM
started listning at the 8:50 in the 2nd qtr. three facemasks!!!!!!!

what!

really!

three?!?!?!?!

dang it

trojandad
11-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Hope one of the defensive coaches change our De technique in the 2nd half. Soft corners.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Mansfield timberview 24
colleyville heritage 7
3rd

ld bell 7
cedar hill 10
3rd

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Mansfield 34
grapevine 7
3rd

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Kimpela 10 for 121 in 1st half 2 td

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Joaquin cole 15 for 111 in 1st half. 1 td

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 09:23 PM
About to start 2nd half.

No more penalties please.

Thank you

allendad
11-11-2011, 09:28 PM
About to start 2nd half.

No more penalties please.

Thank you

Must be that lack of a passing game ! ! ! ! :D

Get goin' Trojans ! ! ! !

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Kimpela runs 25 for td.

Ths overcomes 2 penalties on drive including a chop block

no more penalties

allendad
11-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Kimpela runs 25 for td.

Ths overcomes 2 penalties on drive including a chop block
no more penalties

Stop Cheating so much . . . . GOSH !

http://www.designmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/napoleon-dynamite.jpg

TheScout
11-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Trinity up 48-21 in prevent mode

alreadyman
11-11-2011, 10:39 PM
If anyone wants to see a dirty team them look t duncanville. They make trinty look like saints. Pushing after every play. Even threw a flag back at a ref, and not even penalized.

oh well we win.

good game duncanville.

powerofthehaka
11-11-2011, 11:48 PM
If anyone wants to see a dirty team them look t duncanville. They make trinty look like saints. Pushing after every play. Even threw a flag back at a ref, and not even penalized.

Everyone kept saying D'ville was a dangerous team. Now I know why.

da hawaiian
11-12-2011, 12:13 AM
definately a heated game, but it's all good.

Comprehensive performance by the OL and Kimpela, and not a bad night either for the Trinity air game. Duncanville has given up lots of points so it's hard to get a gage for how our O is looking right now...but, hat's off to them, they really took the game over and erased some inconveneint penalties.

I'll let someone else go over the 1st half penalties and the fumble that was ruled not a fumble. Those went a long ways in keeping this game competitive thru 2 and a half quarters.

But Credit where credit is due. Dville's got some serious talent at the skills. Jaquan Cole their rb was a real treat to watch. Maybe not as quick as last years STP's speedster Sam Kelly, but he's the quickest opposing back i've seen this year. Thought he was aided heavily by some pretty obvious holding on the edge that went unnoticed to all but the stripes, but still, he was flying.

Defensively for the Trojans a mixed bag. They definitely limited Grimes on the ground to a non factor, but the big play's in the air remain a small concern. For the most part, Grimes wasn't able to hit the windows in Trinity's zone enough to make anyone believe that if needed, he could carry Dville back into this game thru the air... some of it was the wind, alot of it was heavy pressure by the Trojan DL pass rush. The huge pass completion for a 75yd TD was a thing of beauty, footspeed just wasn't there for the Trojans in the chase and it went to the house. As a football fan, you had to just smile and admire it for it's beauty. Dville has some serious talent at WR, they made a few spotty throws look really really good. I thought the DL played a very solid game, they really caused huge problems for the Panther OL most of the night, if not for the speed of their backs to get outside of the mess inside, the DL might have gotten an A grade from me, as it was, only Wawa get's that distinction. What a terrific day for mr Leota as both a blocker on O and as a pocket collapser on D. Especially for keeping his head in the face of some pretty disturbing holding tactics by the Panther OL. Loved how when one of the Trinity Coaches was getting in the refs face about it, how he motioned to his coach to forget it and carry on with the game. That there is a sign of maturity from a player I thought would never get it. Well done Wawa, well done

Joel Kimpela...proved me wrong on so many accounts, and I want to say thankyou, a truely sublime game. Ran with power, ran with speed, and when needed, was patient and displayed nice vision on a few outside zone sweeps.

Great game Trojans

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
11-12-2011, 12:27 AM
I'll let someone else go over the 1st half penalties and the fumble that was ruled not a fumble. Those went a long ways in keeping this game competitive thru 2 and a half quarters.

The refs were tougher than Duncanville! :Censor:

powerofthehaka
11-12-2011, 04:01 AM
The refs were tougher than Duncanville! :Censor:

Still trying to figure out the 3rd and 40 call. How can you call defensive holding on the guy sacking the QB. I thought grabbing him to tackle him was the object of the game. That was a HUGE play and allowed D'ville to stay in the game.

da hawaiian
11-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Still trying to figure out the 3rd and 40 call. How can you call defensive holding on the guy sacking the QB. I thought grabbing him to tackle him was the object of the game. That was a HUGE play and allowed D'ville to stay in the game.

I thought it was a face mask call, like the guy sitting next to me, didnt see it. Also, how can you call holding on a run blocking play up the middle, and not call it on a zone read edge block, where there's no obstruction to your view?

that said, much better second half for the refs all around.

moette88
11-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Big congrats to Trinity on your win. Thanks da hawaiian for the shout on the WR position as one of those was my senior son. @The Scout we aren't a dirty team. It was just frustration. Good luck to ya'll in the playoffs.

allendad
11-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Thrilled that y'all finished well last night !

I had some doubts there a couple of times.
Didn't see the game, but just heard
what they were saying on FSSW.

FIrst one is the hardest, mentally, for me.

CONGRATS AGAIN ! ! ! ! !

I hope to see y'all next week. I hope the right team shows up tonight.

Off to Jerry's place.

Take care ! ! ! ! !

11-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Thrilled that y'all finished well last night !

I had some doubts there a couple of times.
Didn't see the game, but just heard
what they were saying on FSSW.

FIrst one is the hardest, mentally, for me.

CONGRATS AGAIN ! ! ! ! !

I hope to see y'all next week. I hope the right team shows up tonight.

Off to Jerry's place.

Take care ! ! ! ! !

We"ll be waiting

signed the Trinity Trojans

TrinityTrojan80
11-12-2011, 08:12 AM
:rofl::rofl:

Like the first Indiana Jones movie where he shoot the guy with the sword.

I will explain, from the first play until the last, there were some of the Duncanville players more looking for a fight than to play football.

Many times two I saw them kicking or deliberatly stepping on one of our players while the play was over and our player was on the ground.

The majority of the Duncanville team were not involved, and I commend those for a hard fought game. As for the six or seven others, they should have been thrown out of the game.

I will say that Duncanville had a ton of talent!

trojandad
11-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Great job by the players. I still have so many questions of the DC. When we were stopping the sweep, why did we change what was working? Why are we going straight bail technique so often with our corners? Let them play physical. #3 Jeremy Louis can run. Quit making him play soft!

What was the OC thinking on the first drive? OMG :eek:

11-12-2011, 08:29 AM
What was the OC thinking on the first drive? OMG :eek:

I was thinking that since everyone thinks Trinity can't pass, the OC wanted to make a statement by passing from the get-go. Backfired dramatically.

Or it could have been a brain fart by the OC.

LR46
11-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Here's how I saw it:

There was too much dirty laundry thrown by the refs but I guess the D'ville boys had another motive than playing football on their minds, then I guess our boys had to defend themselves. That part of the game was very unfortunate and bothersome. And in general way too many other penalties on both sides. It just stopped the flow of the game. Trinity needs to do better on this.

Very happy to see that Trinity executed some nice pass plays and two for TD's unless there were more after I left with 9 min to play. Kimpela is a freak. Our offense put up some big time points against a defense that was lets say a little above average at best. We need alot more D on our side if we are to move on next week and thereafter

D'ville burned us deep (one of our weaknesses) with a TD pass and the QB had many other very nice completions. Their running back and blocking schemes gave our D fits most of the night. 5 yds and 8yds at a clip on sweeps or off tackles runs. That was disturbing to see us allow so much yardage. We need to do much better on this.

All in all it's a win that we should have had and we did with an explosive offense, good passing routes and completions but again our D needs to buck it up a whole lot more next Sat at Cowboy Stadium . . . that is assuming we play Allen at 2:00.

WAY TO GO TROJANS . . . :yes::):yes::):yes:

Note on Kimpela: I understand he is an outstanding student as well and rates very high academically. I hope Rice is on his list or Rice is looking at him. If his grades are that good and with his running abilities, he would fit in very well with the Fighting Owls of Rice University . . . not to mention come out with a great education that would take him anywhere he wanted to go after that.

ALLENFANDINGO5
11-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Here's how I saw it:

There was too much dirty laundry thrown by the refs but I guess the D'ville boys (thugs) had another motive than playing football on their minds, then I guess our boys had to defend themselves. That part of the game was very unfortunate and bothersome. And in general way too many other penalties on both sides. It just stopped the flow of the game. Trinity needs to do better on this.

Very happy to see that Trinity executed some nice pass plays and two for TD's unless there were more after I left with 9 min to play. Kimpela is a freak. Our offense put up some big time points against a defense that was lets say a little above average at best. We need alot more D on our side if we are to move on next week and thereafter

D'ville burned us deep (one of our weaknesses) with a TD pass and the QB had many other very nice completions. Their running back and blocking schemes gave our D fits most of the night. 5 yds and 8yds at a clip on sweeps or off tackles runs. That was disturbing to see us allow so much yardage. We need to do much better on this.

All in all it's a win that we should have had and we did with an explosive offense, good passing routes and completions but again our D needs to buck it up a whole lot more next Sat at Cowboy Stadium . . . that is assuming we play Allen at 2:00.

WAY TO GO TROJANS . . . :yes::):yes::):yes:

Note on Kimpela: I understand he is an outstanding student as well and rates very high academically. I hope Rice is on his list or Rice is looking at him. If his grades are that good and with his running abilities, he would fit in very well with the Fighting Owls of Rice University . . . not to mention come out with a great education that would take him anywhere he wanted to go after that.
Like you said a win is a win. In ways it is good to get these type of wins. As Bill4par says"There was a lot of meat left on the bone". This gives the coaching staff the opportunity to lets say, Help the boys focus a little better during film session and the week of practice! I watched the CHill Dville game and they are going to put up points and get some yards. Now I hope we hold up on our end of the deal so we can have our annual Pictionary Thread. Good going Trojans!

thestud
11-12-2011, 08:39 AM
So it's NOT okay to call Guyer players thugs but it IS okay to call Duncanville players thugs?

Got it!:cool:

Sniff sniff, I smell a double standard. Can you imagine the response from the contingent here if a certain poster had said these same things?

slcdragonfan
11-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Duncanville was a pretty clean team when we played them in scrimmage. I think maybe this talk about them from ET fans should be reconsidered. ET is known for intimidation on the field as well, many hits on the cusp or just out of bounds (I know, just "playing to the whistle").

I suspect Duncanville knew they weren't getting much respect from ET (look at this thread for example) and wanted to show they weren't intimidated.

I wasn't there, so I don't know of what all incidents were occurring, but I think moving on is a good suggestion. Respect your opponent, they gave you a game.:)

SWMHebron
11-12-2011, 08:41 AM
I have no clue of what you are talking about. I don't know Guyer from Schmyer. Never even saw any of their games and don't need to or plan on it. Point your pointless post at someone that actually may have a dog in this hunt. I sure don't and I stand by my statement that too many of the D'ville players had questionable motives on their mind instead of playing football. You're off base again. :cool:

It is actually directed at the admins, who will ban some for saying what you and other have posted about Duncanville. But they let others get away with it.

It needs to be equally applied or equally ignored.

powerofthehaka
11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Like you said a win is a win. In ways it is good to get these type of wins. As Bill4par says"There was a lot of meat left on the bone". This gives the coaching staff the opportunity to lets say, Help the boys focus a little better during film session and the week of practice! I watched the CHill Dville game and they are going to put up points and get some yards. Now I hope we hold up on our end of the deal so we can have our annual Pictionary Thread. Good going Trojans!

Good Luck Today!

powerofthehaka
11-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Duncanville was a pretty clean team when we played them in scrimmage. I think maybe this talk about them from ET fans should be reconsidered. ET is known for intimidation on the field as well, many hits on the cusp or just out of bounds (I know, just "playing to the whistle").

I suspect Duncanville knew they weren't getting much respect from ET (look at this thread for example) and wanted to show they weren't intimidated.

I wasn't there, so I don't know of what all incidents were occurring, but I think moving on is a good suggestion. Respect your opponent, they gave you a game.:)

Then maybe you don't need to be commenting on this. Slugging a player in the stonach when he is on the ground (among other things) is not what I would call clean.

LR46
11-12-2011, 08:48 AM
It is actually directed at the admins, who will ban some for saying what you and other have posted about Duncanville. But they let others get away with it.

It needs to be equally applied or equally ignored.OK "thugs" might be harsh (I rescind my remark) . . . lets say that their teenage boy's macho hormones (and maybe suspect attitudes) . . . I said maybe, got the best of them too many times. There were still way to many flags thrown is my main point.

Lets move on to football. :notworthy And think about how Trinity can and needs to do much better on defense next time out against anybody.

jbusch
11-12-2011, 08:49 AM

" I wasn't there" = Key Point

"I suspect Duncanville knew they weren't getting much respect from ET" - I guess that justifies their actions.

PS - I usually respect your observations & opinions- but...

TrinityTrojan299
11-12-2011, 08:50 AM

Thank you sir. Looking forward to seeing your Eagles later today. If you see an contingent of Trinity fans in the endzone, stop by and say hi. We will be pulling for you guys!

LR46
11-12-2011, 08:52 AM
" I wasn't there" = Key Point

"I suspect Duncanville knew they weren't getting much respect from ET" - I guess that justifies their actions.

PS - I usually respect your observations & opinions- but...An Idle comment based on what he saw on this board, which surely has nothing to do with the coaches, players or the game. Afterall we are all just a bunch of "know it all knuckle head fans" . . . and I'm at the top of that list with many others.

LR46
11-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you sir. Looking forward to seeing your Eagles later today. If you see an contingent of Trinity fans in the endzone, stop by and say hi. We will be pulling for you guys!I'd rather be playing Keller next week than Allen . . . are you "crazy" . . . good luck to Allen anyway, I'm sure it will all work out well.

I would also expect a number of Trinity players and coaches will be watching or at least I hope so.

Tsup
11-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I would rather have a gun then a dance where you hop around like monkeys, tribal barbed wire tattoos, a hula skirt, and a spear. Gun wins.
:eek: No you did not really say that :eek: