PDA

View Full Version : D'ville vs Trinity

Pages : 1 [2]

ALLENFANDINGO5
11-12-2011, 08:58 AM
When you play Trinity you have to play with an edge, the type of edge that can make you make mental mistakes. Case and point, Allen vs. Trinity '10 playoff game. We had a hit out of bounds that kept a drive going. Our DB looked up, saw #10 in his sights and was prolly so amped he couldnt pull the plug. On the other hand if you dont play super amped, youre not there to stop #10 and he glides down the sideline for a TD. These games are highly emotional and it only takes a split second to make a bad decision.

slcdragonfan
11-12-2011, 08:59 AM
" I wasn't there" = Key Point

"I suspect Duncanville knew they weren't getting much respect from ET" - I guess that justifies their actions.

PS - I usually respect your observations & opinions- but...

I'm not justifying any actions for sure. And I didn't see what happened so yes that is a key point. And it is probably hypocritical of me considering our reaction to a head butt last year. :)

Just trying to say, Duncanville played a better game against you than many thought, that would be a good place to focus IMO. Kids sometimes do things they shouldn't (think of Wylie, state game for example). I was trying to point out that their program didn't seem to be like that, we played them in scrimmage and I recall a very clean game. Heat of battle and all that.

I liked Da' Hawaiians post, it referenced the game and the skills that were exhibited, obliquely referring to other issues.

With that, I am outa here. Good game ET, you won it, moving on for a very special game next week, that will be a must see. I look forward to an epic pictionary should Allen be lucky enough to win tonight. ;)

thestud
11-12-2011, 09:00 AM
You Trinity folks shouldn't be so quick to throw stones, I seem to recall an incident involving a certain Trojan player and a referee....remember how defensive you guys get about that, and it was much worse than anything last night.

slcdragonfan
11-12-2011, 09:00 AM
When you play Trinity you have to play with an edge, the type of edge that can make you make mental mistakes. Case and point, Allen vs. Trinity '10 playoff game. We had a hit out of bounds that kept a drive going. Our DB looked up, saw #10 in his sights and was prolly so amped he couldnt pull the plug. On the other hand if you dont play super amped, youre not there to stop #10 and he glides down the sideline for a TD. These games are highly emotional and it only takes a split second to make a bad decision.

That is what I was trying to say only you said it much better.

LR46
11-12-2011, 09:01 AM
:eek: No you did not really say that :eek:Well consider the fact the svhorns just exposed himself/herself for the worthless, pathetic person he/she is. NUFF said. That post may be one of the lowest I've ever read on this forum anywhere. Amazingly stupid and ignorant and oh well . . . NUFF said. :box::saber:

powerofthehaka
11-12-2011, 09:02 AM

I don't have a problem with the "slightly" after the whistle hits. Just part of the game. The blatant punching is cheap. Period.

da hawaiian
11-12-2011, 09:05 AM
To call Dville's players thugs, is a huge exageration. If that were my son on the team, we'd be having it out right now.

Most of the transactions that bothered me was the holding by use of any means necessary ie: limb, facemask, etc. Nothing thugish to me, just alot of out of shape linemen, reinforceming in my mind (yet again) that I would start a fighting 180lber over a stumbling 300lber on the offensive line ANYDAY. Unless ofcourse that 300lber can carry that weight, which for the most part, they couldn't.

Too many coaches fall in love with size and girth for OL these days. I bet Dville's got a ton of kids that don't have prototypical size but would service their offense better than what I witnessed last night.

Look at schools like Abilene and Plano. You don't get huge OL's but those kids are athletic, and will fight tooth and nail to get their spots on blocks.

LR46
OK ALL, lets change this line of discussion and move onto football. I am. I know I added to it, slightly, but it got much worse after that.

Chill and change the subject matter please!!!

DPaul
Great win last night. Overall I was very impressed considering the guys in the stripe shirts were full of it. And if u weren't at the game then please don't comment on our complaining about D-Ville's antics after plays. It was rediculous but they get to go home now and play Maddon....on to the next one.

moette88
11-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Duncanville was a pretty clean team when we played them in scrimmage. I think maybe this talk about them from ET fans should be reconsidered. ET is known for intimidation on the field as well, many hits on the cusp or just out of bounds (I know, just "playing to the whistle").

I suspect Duncanville knew they weren't getting much respect from ET (look at this thread for example) and wanted to show they weren't intimidated.

I wasn't there, so I don't know of what all incidents were occurring, but I think moving on is a good suggestion. Respect your opponent, they gave you a game.:)

Appreciate it sir!

To hear that we are thugs (after 1 game) when none of that has been said on any other thread is pretty amazing. Were we coming out "gang related"..........don't think so. Didn't even hear that from the CHill game. But listening to the location talk and what not it seemed like the expectation was there that we live thug life before we even got there. Honestly we came off of a win that was basically swept under the rug as luck instead of at least giving our boys the credit they deserved for working hard. Not one media person wrote one word about the CHill game.......straight up crickets. Most of our team is young and we probably came into this game with alot of emotion and did not handle some things right but make sure you get your facts straight and come to a few more games before you start to label folks.

If I remember correctly we were told that we wouldn't score over 21 points on Trinity.:eek: Guess that was incorrect.

So while I know we made mistakes........just not going down like this. We got off our use of our balanced offense and did not give the defense enough time off the field in the 2nd half to recover. Must respect to your running game.........straight smashmouth for REAL!

powerofthehaka
11-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Appreciate it sir!

To hear that we are thugs (after 1 game) when none of that has been said on any other thread is pretty amazing. Were we coming out "gang related"..........don't think so. Didn't even hear that from the CHill game. But listening to the location talk and what not it seemed like the expectation was there that we live thug life before we even got there. Honestly we came off of a win that was basically swept under the rug as luck instead of at least giving our boys the credit they deserved for working hard. Not one media person wrote one word about the CHill game.......straight up crickets. Most of our team is young and we probably came into this game with alot of emotion and did not handle some things right but make sure you get your facts straight and come to a few more games before you start to label folks.

If I remember correctly we were told that we wouldn't score over 21 points on Trinity.:eek: Guess that was incorrect.

So while I know we made mistakes........just not going down like this. We got off our use of our balanced offense and did not give the defense enough time off the field in the 2nd half to recover. Must respect to your running game.........straight smashmouth for REAL!

What number was your son?

DPaul
11-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Guess i'll get my butt out of bed and make my way over to Jonestown. Go Allen Eagles!

But can't say i'd be too disappointed if Keller Central pulls the upset.:heli:

moette88
11-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Great win last night. Overall I was very impressed considering the guys in the stripe shirts were full of it. And if u weren't at the game then please don't comment on our complaining about D-Ville's antics after plays. It was rediculous but they get to go home now and play Maddon....on to the next one.

And no...........some won't be on their way home to play Madden. They'll be on to college and you will see some of them again while on YOUR Madden game as you sit in front of the TV. Make sure you don't piss in the wind.:cool:

da hawaiian
11-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Big congrats to Trinity on your win. Thanks da hawaiian for the shout on the WR position as one of those was my senior son. @The Scout we aren't a dirty team. It was just frustration. Good luck to ya'll in the playoffs.

Is it wrong to covet? I know the bible says so. Sooo much talent on your roster, and those wideouts were so graceful. Made some very difficult catches look effortless. If not for the stiff wind, Dville's 7's offense would have been much more difficult to contend with. As it was, your coach wisely opted to run the ball for the 2 quarters you had to face the wind.

DPaul
11-12-2011, 09:19 AM
And no...........some won't be on their way home to play Madden. They'll be on to college and you will see some of them again while on YOUR Madden game as you sit in front of the TV. Make sure you don't piss in the wind.:cool:

This is true to some point. Lookin forward to see Mr. Thomas for years to come in Austin. But meantime off to the 2nd round :cool:

moette88
11-12-2011, 09:19 AM
What number was your son?

#2..........usually try to contain the emotion because we didn't get the job done.......just get tired of people speaking about DVille like we don't have talent and ain't about nothing when we lose but when we win against strong competition is was a mistake. There is more I would love to say about stuff going on on our sideline but need to let go at this point and support the seniors.

moette88
11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
This is true to some point. Lookin forward to see Mr. Thomas for years to come in Austin. But meantime off to the 2nd round :cool:

Good luck to ya'll and will be watching ya'll wreck some stuff out there. Honestly I wanted to check birth certificates cause your team was HUGE. Great, great stuff!

moette88
11-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Is it wrong to covet? I know the bible says so. Sooo much talent on your roster, and those wideouts were so graceful. Made some very difficult catches look effortless. If not for the stiff wind, Dville's 7's offense would have been much more difficult to contend with. As it was, your coach wisely opted to run the ball for the 2 quarters you had to face the wind.

I know it was so sad........we were up in the stands trying to figure out weather patterns! :rofl:

LR46
11-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Appreciate it sir!

So while I know we made mistakes........just not going down like this. We got off our use of our balanced offense and did not give the defense enough time off the field in the 2nd half to recover. Must respect to your running game.........straight smashmouth for REAL!Heck fire man, I said it would come down to a field goal (3 points) and again as I already have, I respectfully take back the word "thug" and am moving on. The games over and "it don't matter anymore". The scoring on both sides surprised the heck out of me. I thought it would truly be much closer and see way fewer points in the the game.

Peace!!! You have some real talent there, we just have a little more. :) And BTW, size does not matter . . . it's how you use what ya got that matters.

Tsup
11-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Appreciate it sir!

Sometimes stuff happens, D'ville played thier gutts out. I thought the difference in the game was both the offense and D-lines. Whining about dirty plays doesnt do anyopne any good and it especally looks bad on a board. Trinity did what they planned to do, they dominated both lines of scrimmage. controlled the clock and did not give the ball a way. D'ville never gave up and fought to the end. Great game by both teams I was impressed by D'villes team speed and thought they lost the game when they lost the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

It was the same old physical intimidating smashmout performance that can cause frustration with other teams. It's not the first time someone has been punched in the gutt or stepped on. This was definatley the minority and like i said earlier I thought D'ville brought everything they had and Trinity will learn alot from playing a team with great speed and intensity. Good first win***Great first round opponent !!!!

da hawaiian
11-12-2011, 09:25 AM
You Trinity folks shouldn't be so quick to throw stones, I seem to recall an incident involving a certain Trojan player and a referee....remember how defensive you guys get about that, and it was much worse than anything last night.

you're right, we shouldn't. Better we save the editorialising for neutral watchers and just stick with the facts.

Punches thrown - check. Stepping on players while they're on the ground - check ... etc. Heck, nothing more than what we get from those rich kids from Colleyville :heli:

side note: I still love you guys Pantherfan and XNFL

echoplay
11-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Good luck to ya'll and will be watching ya'll wreck some stuff out there. Honestly I wanted to check birth certificates cause your team was HUGE. Great, great stuff!

Loads of respect for Duncanville here. You guys had some big wins over some very good teams in Garland and Cedar Hill (to name a couple). I was probably one of a hand full that thought you guys could pull this one out.

Congrats on the great season!

DPaul
11-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I might be the only Trojan fan who likes when the opposing team gets an unsportsman like penalty for showboating. Play Trinity enough and you learn that's not a smart move to poke the bear. Our Boys respond everytime. That might work against CHILL but our Boys get mad.:cool:

DPaul
11-12-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm not justifying any actions for sure. And I didn't see what happened so yes that is a key point. And it is probably hypocritical of me considering our reaction to a head butt last year. :)

Just trying to say, Duncanville played a better game against you than many thought, that would be a good place to focus IMO. Kids sometimes do things they shouldn't (think of Wylie, state game for example). I was trying to point out that their program didn't seem to be like that, we played them in scrimmage and I recall a very clean game. Heat of battle and all that.

I liked Da' Hawaiians post, it referenced the game and the skills that were exhibited, obliquely referring to other issues.

With that, I am outa here. Good game ET, you won it, moving on for a very special game next week, that will be a must see. I look forward to an epic pictionary should Allen be lucky enough to win tonight. ;)

I thought quite abit of Trinity fans were concerned this would be a dogfight and I was one of them, however I actually thought this game would be closer than what it was. Trinity won by 19 and it seemed like it should've been more. Trinity was never in danger of even sniffing a loss last night.

ALLENFANDINGO5
11-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't have a problem with the "slightly" after the whistle hits. Just part of the game. The blatant punching is cheap. Period.
I totally agree and hate to see any of that. It makes you wonder what goes through a kids head to set him off like that. I sure hope that any of this stuff wasnt premeditated.

TheScout
11-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Duncanville was a pretty clean team when we played them in scrimmage. I think maybe this talk about them from ET fans should be reconsidered. ET is known for intimidation on the field as well, many hits on the cusp or just out of bounds (I know, just "playing to the whistle").

I suspect Duncanville knew they weren't getting much respect from ET (look at this thread for example) and wanted to show they weren't intimidated.

I wasn't there, so I don't know of what all incidents were occurring, but I think moving on is a good suggestion. Respect your opponent, they gave you a game.:)

The way you talk it's like trinty escaped with a 5 point win with ther tail between their legs. Last time I checked 20 point wins are a beat down. Especially when they scored 15 during a stretch when trinty was in major prevent mode.

TeezUp
11-12-2011, 10:43 AM
However, talking about that referee makes me wonder if last nights crew were somehow thinking of that very game. Not one to complain about officiating, but last night, through three quarters, it sure seemed like Duncanville and the officiating against Trinity. Score of the game 55-36...like most trinity games...misleading. Not saying Duncanville was not a good challenge, but one TD for sure and maybe two were caused by what appeared to be suspect officiating. Facemask on 3rd and 32....and the no call on the fumble were troublesome to say the least.

Overall, I wasn't disappointed with the officiating. The holding calls seemed to go both ways, as did the unsportsmanlike penalties. A few calls stand out in my mind, I didn't see the facemask on the 3rd and 32 and they missed a blatant late hit out of bounds after we scored a TD. A certain 7 squared seemed to be the most obvious troublemaker of the bunch.

Speaking of #7, I have a lot of respect for that kid from Duncanville. What a trooper.

powerofthehaka
11-12-2011, 11:00 AM
#2..........usually try to contain the emotion because we didn't get the job done.......just get tired of people speaking about DVille like we don't have talent and ain't about nothing when we lose but when we win against strong competition is was a mistake. There is more I would love to say about stuff going on on our sideline but need to let go at this point and support the seniors.

He and #11 were both a hand full.

slcdragonfan
11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
the way you talk it's like trinty escaped with a 5 point win with ther tail between their legs. Last time i checked 20 point wins are a beat down. Especially when they scored 15 during a stretch when trinty was in major prevent mode.

63-17? :d

By the way, its how you are taking it, not what I am saying. A good solid win for ET. D'ville came in and played ball though. I think giving credit to an opponent does not mean that you are dissing the other team.

And guess what? Prevent defense that allows 15 points is not preventing much is it? All part of the game.

So, ET beat down D'ville by your definition. Feel better?

TrinityTrojan299
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Appreciate it sir!

I do not know much about your coach, but if he can channel that emotion in the right direction, D'Ville could be a force. Alot of really talented kids, and like one other poster mentioned, that long TD pass was a thing of beauty. He could not have thrown that pass any better.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Good Morning

I only got to hear a quarter-ish on the radio (2nd into 3rd). Sounded like Trinity was playing a pretty sloppy game.

My parents were at the game. My dad was confident in the line play on both sides. He had concerns about the ability to stop or even slow down Cole. He was not scared of the Dunk passing game. He also thought THS was scoring too fast and needed to eat clock does that jive with anyone?

From what I was able to listen too, it sounded that if THS had played a more sound opponet they would be done right now.

How did Vaenuku and Tevi do?

Kind of scary that it still sounds like Kimpela is a one man band. Only one pass in the 2nd half.

It sounded like THS was playing the CHHS defensive game plan. Does that jive with anyone?

Not a good night for our district.

Mansfield Timberview 44
Colleyville Heritage 19

Cedar Hill 13
LD Bell 10

Mansfield 55
Grapevine 27

also
Mansfield Summit 46
Waco 31

A Great night for Mansfield

TheScout
11-12-2011, 01:25 PM
63-17? :d

By the way, its how you are taking it, not what I am saying. A good solid win for ET. D'ville came in and played ball though. I think giving credit to an opponent does not mean that you are dissing the other team.

And guess what? Prevent defense that allows 15 points is not preventing much is it? All part of the game.

So, ET beat down D'ville by your definition. Feel better?

No that's what prevent does. It allows the other team to score while using up the clock. Where have you been? another td came after thy fumbled the ball to trinty but the refs refused to acknowledge it. Considering trinity only scored on EVERY possession except the first means that it could have been worse. If you go back and look at my posts them you'll see I predicted a 17 point win and a lot of points scored.

Btw it's not just my definition, the guys on tv and the newspaper said a dominating as well.

Proud2BATrojan
11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I was at the game and just my 2 cents....I thought the officiating wasn't so great on both sides. My concern was all the personal fouls & from what I saw (just my objective opinion) it appeared that the D'ville coaching staff were doing a pretty decent job of getting those players jacked/fired up, which seemed to encourage that type of play. When a player is called for intentional personal foul or face mask and he comes off the field and gets patted on the helmet or the back....hmmmm, not sure what that says. We observed it more than once!

D'ville has talent and deserved to be there, no question. Looking forward to the next round. G O T R O J A N S!

trojandad
11-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Something I have felt alot this hear is how AMAZING it is that we have won 3 State Titles with the DC in place. It's hard to argue with success and it may be splitting hairs a bit, but in certain alignments we were over exposed on the edge plays. Times that we let our CB's get physical on the outside end up with incompletions. The athletes on this years defense are undercoached and are not put in the best position to succeed (IMHO).

What would have happened if our DC had gotten the Duncanville job? What could be different for this defense?

BeforeTheHaka
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
I haven't seen so many personal fouls/ holding calls in one game in my life. Both teams were guilty. I think both teams had over 100yds in penaltys. I thought Dville # 69? Left tackle played his heart out with an obvious injured leg. He even dropped down one time- I thought he was in dire straights- fortunately just his leg. Congrats to Dville, they never gave up.
Onward for Trinity it only gets tougher from here. Go Keller!!!!!

TheScout
11-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Good Morning

I only got to hear a quarter-ish on the radio (2nd into 3rd). Sounded like Trinity was playing a pretty sloppy game.

My parents were at the game. My dad was confident in the line play on both sides. He had concerns about the ability to stop or even slow down Cole. He was not scared of the Dunk passing game. He also thought THS was scoring too fast and needed to eat clock does that jive with anyone?

From what I was able to listen too, it sounded that if THS had played a more sound opponet they would be done right now.

How did Vaenuku and Tevi do?

Kind of scary that it still sounds like Kimpela is a one man band. Only one pass in the 2nd half.

It sounded like THS was playing the CHHS defensive game plan. Does that jive with anyone?

Not a good night for our district.

Mansfield Timberview 44
Colleyville Heritage 19

Cedar Hill 13
LD Bell 10

Mansfield 55
Grapevine 27

also
Mansfield Summit 46
Waco 31

A Great night for Mansfield

Not sure I agree.

Trinity Alum
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
nm

boricuatrojan4life
11-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Then maybe you don't need to be commenting on this. Slugging a player in the stonach when he is on the ground (among other things) is not what I would call clean.

Other things: laying on top of players well after the plays were over and when getting up off of them...driving their knees and elbows into them, getting called for holding (not enough...held ALL night) and not agreeing with the call so you pick up the flag and throw it at the ref., pushing and shoving well after the plays were over, players making gestures at the ET fans, chop blocking all night yet ET gets called for it, and not to mention as my son told me last night after the game...cursing on the field the ENTIRE game every single play!

All I have to say is: ET 55 - Duncanville & Refs 36 (game wasn't even that close). Second and third string played most of the fourth quarter and to show the class of Lineweaver...he kneeled to run the clock out with the ball inside Duncanville's 5 yard line...could have scored again with our backups.

This was one of the worst officiated games I have ever witnessed! They missed too many obvious calls!:(

By the way: if you have ever followed ET...you should know by now, they NEVER show everything during the regular season, however, they do practice, practice, practice, and practice it (plays they will run in the po's) every week. It's PO's...that's why you saw more passing (accurate might I add) last night! Believe me...I have asked why for the past three years do they not run the plays they run in practice and it's always the same thing: they will...only when they need to or in the po's.

Super B
11-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Rise above it all.

The deep completion for a TD caused the coaches to become paranoid again and start playing the soft zone on passing plays again. I so wish they would just GATA and live with the results, cause I think more often than not, those results would be good.

There was a little bit of a passing game for Trinity last night. It's fine as long as they are establishing the run first. They made the mistake of trying to pass before running in the first series.

The run game was solid as usual. I am a little concerned that Kimpella was on the field for almost every offensive play (not including the last series of the game), but if he can handle the workload, I'm OK with that.

trojandad
11-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Rise above it all.

The deep completion for a TD caused the coaches to become paranoid again and start playing the soft zone on passing plays again. I so wish they would just GATA and live with the results, cause I think more often than not, those results would be good.

There was a little bit of a passing game for Trinity last night. It's fine as long as they are establishing the run first. They made the mistake of trying to pass before running in the first series.

The run game was solid as usual. I am a little concerned that Kimpella was on the field for almost every offensive play (not including the last series of the game), but if he can handle the workload, I'm OK with that.

Joel can handle the workload! He's waited his turn patiently (with a smile). Best RB in Texas w/o a DI offere (yet) SMU/UNT better not let this one slip out from under them!

LR46
11-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Wow, this thread is wearing even me out. Has Allen gotten beat yet. . . haven't heard the score!! :yes::notworthy:yes:

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
11-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Wow, this thread is wearing even me out. Has Allen gotten beat yet. . . haven't heard the score!! :yes::notworthy:yes:

Allen doesn't even play until 8PM tonight at Cowboy Stadium.

stinger
11-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Geesh!! Dig up some OLD STUFF THAT HAS BEEN PUT TO REST FOREVER!!! Weak!!