PDA

View Full Version : Katy QB - Brooks Haack

Pages : [1] 2

BlakeJ
10-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Having a very quiet but super efficient year.

24 passing TDs
5 Rushing TDs
1391 passing yards
0 Turnovers

I can't find a fumbles lost stat on him, but off of memory I can't recall a fumble lost to the other team by Haack. I may be a little biased, but I think Louisiana Lafayette found themselves a gem.

tigerfan2010
10-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I could be wrong, but 1 fumble on a sack.

xray10
10-22-2011, 09:01 PM
I could be wrong, but 1 fumble on a sack.

you would be correct...

07KTsmitty74
10-23-2011, 02:54 AM
ULL did find a gem. I thought he was going to TCU? It really disturbs me he is wasting his talent and going to ULL

carryyourbooks
10-23-2011, 03:10 AM
i think if he does well in the playoffs, things will change. remeber what happened to the oilers last year. half the team achieved scholarships after winning in dallas that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 07:02 AM
ULL did find a gem. I thought he was going to TCU? It really disturbs me he is wasting his talent and going to ULL

His problem is he's played sub standard defenses all year. And I mean every single team. So it's difficult to guage how he'll perform against better competition let alone at the next level. First quality team he'll play all year will probably be Cibolo Steele.

Dawg82
10-23-2011, 08:27 AM
His problem is he's played sub standard defenses all year. And I mean every single team. So it's difficult to guage how he'll perform against better competition let alone at the next level. First quality team he'll play all year will probably be Cibolo Steele.
I guess I don't see how you can dispute his numbers regardless of competition. I've only seen him in person once this year (against NS--who I consider to usually have a pretty good D), but, the young man is a talent. Personally, I'd take him over MD for a "true" QB any day.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 08:31 AM
I guess I don't see how you can dispute his numbers regardless of competition. I've only seen him in person once this year, but, the young man is a talent. Personally, I'd take him over MD for a "true" QB any day.

I'm not disputing the numbers nor marginalizing his performance. I'm looking at it from the point of view of a College recruiter. Not that I necessarily know what that is. Our qb has put up monster numbers this year and can only imagine what it would have been playing in 19-5a and playing that pre district schedule.

Dawg82
10-23-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm not disputing the numbers nor marginalizing his performance. I'm looking at it from the point of view of a College recruiter. Not that I necessarily know what that is. Our qb has put up monster numbers this year and can only imagine what it would have been playing in 19-5a and playing that pre district schedule.
Sorry...
When mentioning "supposed" competition, it sounded to me like a marginalization of his talents.

I'm not a guru, but I'll place below those that have stood out to me above others--and that I've seen:

Haack (Katy) - Good size, arm strength, pocket presence, & overall FB IQ
Rainer (Deer Park) - see above. IMO, could be plug-n-play for Haack, but, I'd give the edge to Haack for running skills as differentiator.
Hurts (Channelview) - Would be great for a run-n-gun offense like UH, Hawaii, etc.
Davis (Klein Forest) - Great kid, but, I'd use him at WR.

Remember, there are other good QB's I'm sure, but I'm naming those I've seen and stuck out to me.

Fortbendfootball
10-23-2011, 10:05 AM
QB Kyle Coulter (6'6") from FB Travis is also very talented. He sat out the two past games due to a concussion.

Mong Hu
10-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Alief Taylor - 12.3 pts/game 7th best D in state
Houston Memorial - 15.6 pts/game 28th in state
North Shore - 15 pts/game 21st in state
Westbrook - 18.4 pts/game 48th in state
Seven Lakes - 19.9 pts/game 55th in state

Haack has lead an offense that has put up 31,45,34,42, and 46 points on these teams respectively. In other words against teams that average giving up 16.2 points per game the Haack lead Katy offense has averaged putting up 39.6 points. Please explain how these five defenses might be considered substandard in your opinion.

ray1301
10-23-2011, 11:28 AM

And y'all have played what defensive power-houses?

SeeingRed.
10-23-2011, 11:58 AM
I follow this board on a regular basis, but this is only my second post. I am so sick and tired of every thread turning into "Katy never plays anybody."
We get it, every team in the Greater Houston area sucks compared to the big bad North Texas powerhouses. Fine.

Brooks is as solid of a High School QB as Katy has ever had. I have been to just about every Katy game since the late 80's and I have never seen a passing game as effective as what we have this year. I realize this is out of necessity due to injuries, but you have to give the kid credit. He has a strong arm, he is mobile, and he handles the ball very well. He is smart and makes good decisions. He has perfomed well against some good defensive teams. Yes, We actually play DEFENSE down here in South Texas.

I expect to see him go somewhere other than ULL. It would be nice to see him in Maroon with a few other Katy boys, but that is just me.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 12:05 PM
And y'all have played what defensive power-houses?

The difference is I put these things in perspective which seems to be something that's hard to grasp with your fanbase which is why you people keep telling yourselves North Shore is a good team despite all evidence to the contrary. I merely speculated on one of the reasons why he's not more highly recruited when another poster brought up the subject.

Perhaps I should have worded it like this. Had he put up those numbers in 8-5a or 13-5a, he might be going to the SEC or the Big 12. I'd be saying the same thing but it might have sounded better to you. I think he's a quality player. Still doesn't alter the fact that he's playing some pretty poor teams.

Dawg82
10-23-2011, 12:06 PM
I follow this board on a regular basis, but this is only my second post. I am so sick and tired of every thread turning into "Katy never plays anybody."
We get it, every team in the Greater Houston area sucks compared to the big bad North Texas powerhouses. Fine.
Have some of the Katy posters ever thought about the fact that people get perturbed when many threads have a Katy fan interject an opinion that usually then turns into a Katy is better theme?

I don't mean this in a bad way...I'm saying to look in the mirror...:)

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 12:11 PM

Haack has lead an offense that has put up 31,45,34,42, and 46 points on these teams respectively. In other words against teams that average giving up 16.2 points per game the Haack lead Katy offense has averaged putting up 39.6 points. Please explain how these five defenses might be considered substandard in your opinion.

North Shore would have been the only team on that list that would have even made the playoffs in our district. And we're nowhere near what most here would consider good.

Austin109
10-23-2011, 12:13 PM
I do agree with you Dawg but I see that much less frequently. I think the sheer volume of Katy posters irritates fans of other teams because if 1 comment is made about Katy its not 2-3 angry posts back, posts its 20-30. It seems like negativity is magnified in effect when more are seeing it. It also works the other way though.

Look at the Cinco, Memorial, and Taylor fans of the website. Most ran off since there are so many Katy fans fighting them and no one else to support them. The district thread wasn't any different than the other district threads other than there are 40 of us and 2 of them.

Austin109
10-23-2011, 12:15 PM
North Shore would have been the only team on that list that would have even made the playoffs in our district. And we're nowhere near what most here would consider good.

You're funny twcp. Yalls district is one of the best in the state with 2 moderate contenders every year and 2 wild cards every year. Lufkin and Woodz are perrenial teams in contention at this point in the eyes of most on these boards.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 12:22 PM
You're funny twcp. Yalls district is one of the best in the state with 2 moderate contenders every year and 2 wild cards every year. Lufkin and Woodz are perrenial teams in contention at this point in the eyes of most on these boards.

Are you kidding me? Ask the Lufkin fans. They're longing for their old East Texas rivals because we're so damn bad. :)

cougmantx
10-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Have some of the Katy posters ever thought about the fact that people get perturbed when many threads have a Katy fan interject an opinion that usually then turns into a Katy is better theme?

I don't mean this in a bad way...I'm saying to look in the mirror...:)

Many of us Katy folks feel the same way...of course, there appears to be many around the state that take a perverse sort of pleasure in goading us on.

Katy is Katy...we have good years and bad years (except I will take our bad years over any other teams) but Brooks Haack has really grown into a leader and in my opinion, an outstanding QB for the offense we run.

In Katy fan base defense, I would say the rest of the state seems to hold Katy as a standard to aspire to and there fore Katy gets drug into a lot of these arguements..

Besides, we just love our team...:D

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Having said that, I do agree that the passing game, for Katy, has been aided in the fact that their opposition has been solid, at best, in regards to pass-defense. Having seen North Shore, Morton Ranch, and Houston Memorial, I can say that an above average passing-game can have success vs those teams. I think Katy will be fine in the playoffs. It will be the typical Katy playoff-march.. unless they make mistakes (which they likely won't).

SeeingRed.
10-23-2011, 12:51 PM

The stats above have nothing to do with the fact that these are playoff contenders. It simply show that Katy has played some decent "DEFENSIVE" teams and Haack has perfomed very well against them.

Austin109
10-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Are you kidding me? Ask the Lufkin fans. They're longing for their old East Texas rivals because we're so damn bad. :)where's my rod and reel...

Ha! Yea I heard that too until they play longview again and lose, stomp all over tylee, play a 4a, or beat a mesquite team. That east texas competition is longview and that's about it these days. Horns getting better but...

Fleeman93
10-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Nice deflection. Are the defenses Mong listed, that Haack and the Katy offense put good numbers up against, good or not?

Fleeman93
10-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Having said that, I do agree that the passing game, for Katy, has been aided in the fact that their opposition has been solid, at best, in regards to pass-defense. Having seen North Shore, Morton Ranch, and Houston Memorial, I can say that an above average passing-game can have success vs those teams. I think Katy will be fine in the playoffs. It will be the typical Katy playoff-march.. unless they make mistakes (which they likely won't).

Wouldn't you agree that most solid passing teams will have very good success against MOST defenses in the state?

Fleeman93
10-23-2011, 01:28 PM

The stats above have nothing to do with the fact that these are playoff contenders. It simply show that Katy has played some decent "DEFENSIVE" teams and Haack has perfomed very well against them.

Simple deflection on his part and I don't expect him to respond.

Dawg82
10-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Wouldn't you agree that most solid passing teams will have very good success against MOST defenses in the state?
Yes, at the current time.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 01:48 PM

I would say that SOLID passing teams would have SOLID success against most defenses in the state. I would say that GOOD passing teams would have GOOD success against most defenses in the state. The key is to make the right pairing of who is solid and who is good (or better). And, before you ask, I certainly say Katy has a good (or better) passing game... to go along with their relentless ground game. I fully expect (as I predicted) Katy to play for the D2 State Title.

xray10
10-23-2011, 01:58 PM
His problem is he's played sub standard defenses all year. And I mean every single team. So it's difficult to guage how he'll perform against better competition let alone at the next level. First quality team he'll play all year will probably be Cibolo Steele

haack completed 20 passes against abilene in the state championship as a soph....

i think he would do well against anything texas high schools can put up against him.

i doubt he will struggle against all those big bad dfw defenses giving up 40 points a game ....

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Simple deflection on his part and I don't expect him to respond.

Holy crap. Give me a chance. I do have to step away from here occasionally to do things like drive to work and eat, unless of course you want me to post while I drive.

Let me get back to you.

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Haack has stepped up and became a leader, the team believes in him. He sees the pocket better, steps up and avoids the rush, he also is starting to spread the ball around more. He has made very good decisions and is not selfish with stats and will throw the ball away and is not shy of contact or a challenge.

I look for good things from him at the next level. A very good kid and it has been fun watching him over the last 9 years dating back to the KYF Cowboys...

SeeingRed.
10-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Perhaps I should have worded it like this. Had he put up those numbers in 8-5a or 13-5a, he might be going to the SEC or the Big 12. I'd be saying the same thing but it might have sounded better to you. I think he's a quality player. Still doesn't alter the fact that he's playing some pretty poor teams.

8-5a = 26 points per game allowed / SOS average 0.5950
13-5a = 25 points per game allowed / SOS average 0.5751
Katy = 4.3 points per game allowed. / SOS 0.5858

Dang, I hope Katy doesn't have to go up against any of those defenses anytime soon.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Nice deflection. Are the defenses Mong listed, that Haack and the Katy offense put good numbers up against, good or not?

Yes the numbers look good, but if you were to put things in the right perspective, let's take one of his examples. Westbrook gave up 21 to Baytown Sterling. Oak Ridge only gave up 7. So let me ask you. Is Oak Ridge a defensive juggernaut?

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:24 PM
8-5a = 26 points per game allowed / SOS average 0.5950
13-5a = 25 points per game allowed / SOS average 0.5751
Katy = 4.3 points per game allowed. / SOS 0.5858

Dang, I hope Katy doesn't have to go up against any of those defenses anytime soon.

See here is where the disconnect is. I never said Haack was not capable of putting up those types of numbers against those teams. But he cannot control which teams he has to play. That's all I'm saying. FM Marcus is one of those teams. Wha kind of offensive numbers did Katy put up against them? Significantly less than what they did against Alief Taylor I would imagine.

ray1301
10-23-2011, 02:26 PM
TWCP is in the same range team wise as SB Memorial IMO. You've got two good teams in 14-5A, Lufkin and TWHS. You've got two good teams in 19-5A Katy and Cinco. The rest of the teams in both districts fall into about the same level.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:30 PM
TWCP is in the same range team wise as SB Memorial IMO. You've got two good teams in 14-5A, Lufkin and TWHS. You've got two good teams in 19-5A Katy and Cinco. The rest of the teams in both districts fall into about the same level.

We have to agree to disagree there. College Park a non playoff team in 2010 gave Cinco all it could handle and they were a missed FG from beating Katy for district. This year, Cinco Ranch might struggle to make the playoffs in 14-5a. LP and TWHS would manhandle Cinco and more than likely beat Katy. I see huge matchup issues for Katy if they play TWHS.

ray1301
10-23-2011, 02:32 PM
See here is where the disconnect is. I never said Haack was not capable of putting up those types of numbers against those teams. But he cannot control which teams he has to play. That's all I'm saying. FM Marcus is one of those teams. Wha kind of offensive numbers did Katy put up against them? Significantly less than what they did against Alief Taylor I would imagine.

Actually your wrong on the FM Marcus. The last time they played (2009).

Katy Flower Mound Marcus
Total yards 439 262
First downs 24 11
Rushes/Yds 52/303 30/91
Average rush 5.83 3.03
Comp/Atts 11/15/0 12/20/0
Pass yards 136 171
Comp pct 73.33 60
Punts 2 3
Punting Yards 64 89
Punting Average 32 29.67
Fumbles/Lost 1/1 0/0

Katy Alief Taylor
Total yards 297 87
First downs 19 7
Rushes/Yds 32/148 31/83
Average rush 4.63 2.68
Comp/Atts 7/15/0 3/15/0
Pass yards 149 4
Comp pct 46.67 20
Punts 4 10
Punting Yards 119 361
Punting Average 29.75 36.1
Fumbles/Lost 3/1 0/0
Penalties-yards 2-30 8-79
Penalties-yards 6-40 1-5

ray1301
10-23-2011, 02:35 PM
We have to agree to disagree there. College Park a non playoff team in 2010 gave Cinco all it could handle and they were a missed FG from beating Katy for district. This year, Cinco Ranch might struggle to make the playoffs in 14-5a. And you may not want to look back on how Conroe manhandled 7 Lakes.

Wrong. According to the schedule last year Cinco did not play TWCP in the regular season. I believe you are referring to 2009

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Wrong. According to the schedule last year Cinco did not play TWCP in the regular season

My bad 2009.

Although I wouldn't exactly hold up Cinco as a standard bearer in 2010. Katy smoked them.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Actually your wrong on the FM Marcus. The last time they played (2009).

Katy Flower Mound Marcus
Total yards 439 262
First downs 24 11
Rushes/Yds 52/303 30/91
Average rush 5.83 3.03
Comp/Atts 11/15/0 12/20/0
Pass yards 136 171
Comp pct 73.33 60
Punts 2 3
Punting Yards 64 89
Punting Average 32 29.67
Fumbles/Lost 1/1 0/0

Katy Alief Taylor
Total yards 297 87
First downs 19 7
Rushes/Yds 32/148 31/83
Average rush 4.63 2.68
Comp/Atts 7/15/0 3/15/0
Pass yards 149 4
Comp pct 46.67 20
Punts 4 10
Punting Yards 119 361
Punting Average 29.75 36.1
Fumbles/Lost 3/1 0/0
Penalties-yards 2-30 8-79
Penalties-yards 6-40 1-5

I don't see the score.

SeeingRed.
10-23-2011, 02:40 PM
See here is where the disconnect is. I never said Haack was not capable of putting up those types of numbers against those teams. But he cannot control which teams he has to play. That's all I'm saying.

Understood and agreed.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Understood and agreed.

I've seen Brooks Haack play and I know how good he is. I just made a speculation statement on why he may not have gotten a better offer than ULL. If he goes up against the Trinity defense and puts up similar numbers, other schools would come calling, I'm sure.

ray1301
10-23-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't see the score.

You weren't talking about scores you were talking about statistics I believe unless I misunderstood what you were referencing.

The score in 2009 was 34-24 but the stats tell a different story. So what is your point here.

I still believe that 14-5A and 19-5A are about the same. Two good play-off teams and the rest are just ok.

Records show it. Performance in the play-offs are slightly better for 19-5A compared to 14-5A over the last two years based strictly on the number of play-off rounds reached.

BH is playing better football this year in his decision making, pass accuracy, and team leadership.

ray1301
10-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I've seen Brooks Haack play and I know how good he is. I just made a speculation statement on why he may not have gotten a better offer than ULL. If he goes up against the Trinity defense and puts up similar numbers, other schools would come calling, I'm sure.

His sister goes to ULL (softball scholly)and he comes from a close family. I think this played a lot into his decision. You never know what was behind the decision.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:49 PM
You weren't talking about scores you were talking about statistics I believe unless I misunderstood what you were referencing.

The score in 2009 was 34-24 but the stats tell a different story. So what is your point here.

I still believe that 14-5A and 19-5A are about the same. Two good play-off teams and the rest are just ok.

Records show it. Performance in the play-offs are slightly better for 19-5A compared to 14-5A over the last two years based strictly on the number of play-off rounds reached.

BH is playing better football this year in his decision making, pass accuracy, and team leadership.

My point was illustrated exactly in the 47-0 Woodlands Katy game. Look at the TWHS offensive numbers for that game. You would think they didn't have a good night because they were quite low on paper. But in actual fact, Katy had issues even punting the ball out of their endzone, so TWHS had short field to work with all night.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 02:51 PM
His sister goes to ULL (softball scholly)and he comes from a close family. I think this played a lot into his decision. You never know what was behind the decision.

Then that's another conversation altogether. You'd have to applaud that decision if that's the case and be happy for him.

SeeingRed.
10-23-2011, 02:54 PM
LP and TWHS would manhandle Cinco and more than likely beat Katy. I see huge matchup issues for Katy if they play TWHS.

Based on what?
They have both played a total of 2 teams with winning records and lost 50% of those.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Based on what?
They have both played a total of 2 teams with winning records and lost 50% of those.

Cinco is self explanatory. Their Defense isn't very good. They'll give up a bunch of points. On offense, They'll lose the battle in the trenches. That RB doesn't really have the pace or power to worry LP's or TWHS's defense.

Katy will be same old same old. Overall, TWHS and LP have better athletes this year than Katy. That nullifies a lot of what Katy does well. Several of Katy's players will be picked on particularly deep downfield

SeeingRed.
10-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Katy will be same old same old. Overall, TWHS and LP have better athletes this year than Katy. That nullifies a lot of what Katy does well

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that one....

Several of Katy's players will be picked on particularly deep downfield

Assuming you have an O Line that can deal with Katy's front 7. I also feel pretty good about our Db's against anyone.

Then you have to stop Brooks Haack - the original topic to this thread - and the rest of the Katy Offense.

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Just remember, #46, #45,#40,#6,#94,#95 and #99 and you will know why your qb didnt put up good numbers. Hard to throw the ball when he is running backwards.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that one....

Assuming you have an O Line that can deal with Katy's front 7. I also feel pretty good about our Db's against anyone.

Then you have to stop Brooks Haack - the original topic to this thread - and the rest of the Katy Offense.

Well they kinda proved that the last 2 times they played. I honestly thought they'd turn the tables on them in 2009 based on how many TWHS graduated. But the Highlanders proved me wrong.

SeeingRed.
10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Well they kinda proved that the last 2 times they played. I honestly thought they'd turn the tables on them in 2009 based on how many TWHS graduated. But the Highlanders proved me wrong.

I miss those early season games against TWHS. They did a lot to get the Tigers tuned up for the rest of the season. That said, the last two years have nothing to do with this year. You can't say that THWS would likely beat Katy this year based on previous results. But if loosing to THWS means we would make another State appearance I would take that any day. How did the Woodz do those years they beat Katy?

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Pass-defenses vs Katy's pass-offense...

North Shore
Katy - 11 of 14 for 184 yds - 2 tds
IKE - 7 of 15 for 87 yds
Klein Oak - 10 of 25 for 116 yds
Kingwood - 0 of 1 for 0 yds
Pas Memorial - 10 of 26 for 132 yds
PAM - 7 of 14 for 100 yds
BWB - 6 of 14 for 65 yds
LP - 4 of 11 for 70 yds

Average = 7 of 13 for 94 yds - .3 tds
Katy = 11 of 14 for 184 yds - 2 tds

Alief Taylor
Dobie - 6 of 14 for 75 yds
Katy - 8 of 16 for 156 yds - 2 tds
Dulles - 7 of 20 for 35 yds
Conroe - 16 of 21 for 185 yds - 2 tds
Aldine MacArthur - 11 of 25 for 200 yds - 2 tds
Alief Hastings - 2 of 5 for 21 yds
Alief Elsik - 6 of 12 for 80 yds
IKE - 4 of 19 for 75 yds

Average = 8 of 17 for 75 yds - .8 tds
Katy = 8 of 16 for 156 yds - 2 tds

Beaumont West Brook
Ozen - 4 of 10 for 41 yds
Central - 5 of 13 for 60 yds
IKE - 8 of 23 for 115 yds - 2 tds
Katy - 10 of 16 for 122 yds - 2 tds
Lee - 3 of 9 for 30 yds
North Shore - 9 of 14 for 154 yds - 1 td
PAM - 7 of 15 for 140 yds - 1 td

Average = 7 of 14 for 95 yds - .9 tds
Katy = 10 of 16 for 122 yds - 2 tds

Seven Lakes
Kempner - 1 of 9 for 22 yds
Dulles - 4 of 11 for 30 yds
Foster - 12 of 31 for 100 yds
Katy - 8 of 17 for 140 yds - 3 tds
CR - 8 of 15 for 110 yds
Strake Jesuit - 8 of 14 for 100 yds - 1 td
MR - 2 of 15 for 14 yds
Mayde Creek - 13 of 33 for 134 yds - 2 tds

Average = 7 of 18 for 81 yds - .8 tds
Katy = 8 of 17 for 140 yds - 3 tds

Strake Jesuit
St. Thomas Catholic - 24 of 49 for 333 yds - 4 tds
Dallas Jesuit - 24 of 29 for 428 yds - 6 tds
The Woodlands - 10 of 20 for 150 yds - 1 td
Katy Taylor - 20 of 37 for 206 yds - 1 td
Katy - 14 of 20 for 318 yds - 6 tds
Seven Lakes - 6 of 14 for 104 yds
CR - 15 of 25 for 249 yds - 2 tds
MR - 1 of 3 for 30 yds

Average = 14 of 25 for 227 yds - 2.5 tds
Katy = 14 of 20 for 318 yds - 6 tds

Morton Ranch
Tomball - 30 of 55 for 255 yds - 2 tds
Cy Falls - 14 of 22 for 190 yds - 2 tds
Spring - 10 of 18 for 200 yds - 2 tds
Houston Memorial - 5 of 11 for 75 yds
Katy Taylor - 10 of 25 for 116 yds - 1 td
Katy - 10 of 16 for 194 yds - 3 tds
Seven Lakes - 15 of 30 for 247 yds - 1 td
Strake Jesuit - 11 of 24 for 87 yds

Average = 13 of 25 for 170 yds - 1.5 tds
Katy = 10 of 16 for 194 yds - 3 tds

Mayde Creek
Cy Springs - 10 of 22 for 117 yds - 1 td
Willowridge - 8 of 18 for 71 yds
Tomball - 13 of 24 for 175 yds - 1 td
CR - 10 of 21 for 123 yds - 1 td
Houston Memorial - 6 of 9 for 136 yds - 1 td
Katy Taylor - 8 of 23 for 89 yds
Katy - 12 of 14 for 191 yds - 4 tds
Seven Lakes - 12 of 24 for 193 yds - 2 tds

Average = 10 of 19 for 137 yds - 1.1 tds
Katy = 12 of 14 for 191 yds - 4 tds

SB Memorial
Stratford - 8 of 22 for 46 yds
Westfield - 7 of 13 for 86 yds
Pearland - 11 of 21 for 136 yds - 2 tds
Morton Ranch - 7 of 12 for 76 yds
Mayde Creek - 2 of 6 for 12 yds
CR - 11 of 24 for 126 yds - 1 td
Katy Taylor - 11 of 22 for 134 yds - 2 tds
Katy - 11 of 18 for 151 yds - 2 tds

Average = 9 of 17 for 96 yds - .9 tds
Katy = 11 of 18 for 151 yds - 2 tds

It's obvious that other good passing offenses had similar success vs the same defenses that Katy faced. Did those teams always win? No! But, I think an argument can be made that Katy's passing offense hasn't been in games vs good pass-defenses, outside of (maybe) North Shore. Having said that, I think Katy's passing offense is seasoned and will still do very well in the playoffs.

Some notes...

- Dallas Jesuit has had the best passing day (428 yds/6 tds) vs Strake
- North Shore has passed for the most yds (154) vs BWB (apparently, North Shore has a passing-game that I'm not aware of)
- Katy Taylor threw for 130+ yds and 2 tds vs SB Memorial
- Seven Lakes has passed for the most yds (193) vs Mayde Creek
- Morton Ranch has given up 190+ yds and 2+ tds on 4 different occasions
- Aldine MacArthur had the best passing day vs Alief Taylor (200 yds/2 tds) - 2nd place was Conroe (185 yds/2 tds)
- Strake has given up 1800 yds and 20 tds in the air

BlakeJ
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM

I dont think he is "wasting" his talents there. He had choices and will probably have a couple more to choose from when it's all said and done. His sister plays softball there....that's where he wants to be.

BlakeJ
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM

29 total TDs and 1 turnover. I dont care who you are playing...those are very impressive numbers and ratios.

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Keep in mind that Katy does not throw the ball much when they are up by 4-TD's, so usually by halftime. Brooks is having a great year, and that is with him missing two starters, just imagine Adam Taylor tearing up the running game, and then you throw in the season the passing game is having.

We will see what these Katy Tigers are made of over the next 6-8 weeks.

So I am assuming since Tech beat OU, KSU and aTm beat Tech, that they both will beat OU pretty easy, since Tech was up by 24 early on them....:notworthy

Dawg82
10-23-2011, 04:48 PM
I dont think he is "wasting" his talents there. He had choices and will probably have a couple more to choose from when it's all said and done. His sister plays softball there....that's where he wants to be.
If he gets a useful college education paid for, it's not a waste.

BlakeJ
10-23-2011, 04:49 PM

North Shore
IKE - 7 of 15 for 87 yds
BWB - 6 of 14 for 65 yds
LP - 4 of 11 for 70 yds

Alief Taylor
IKE - 4 of 19 for 75 yds

Beaumont West Brook
Lee - 3 of 9 for 30 yds

Seven Lakes
CR - 8 of 15 for 110 yds
MR - 2 of 15 for 14 yds

Strake Jesuit
MR - 1 of 3 for 30 yds

Morton Ranch

Mayde Creek

SB Memorial

It's obvious that other good passing offenses had similar success vs the same defenses that Katy faced. Did those teams always win? No! But, I think an argument can be made that Katy's passing offense hasn't been in games vs good pass-defenses, outside of (maybe) North Shore. Having said that, I think Katy's passing offense is seasoned and will still do very well in the playoffs.

Some notes...

- North Shore has passed for the most yds (154) vs BWB (apparently, North Shore has a passing-game that I'm not aware of)
- Aldine MacArthur had the best passing day vs Alief Taylor (200 yds/2 tds) - 2nd place was Conroe (185 yds/2 tds)

In reply to the red. The whole story cant be told by those simple observations. Haack has very rarely played more than 2-1/2 quarters of football this year.

In reply to the blue. Strakes passing defensive numbers excluding Haack.

1513 yards and 14 TDs...averaging 216 and 2TDs. Brooks only hit them up for 100 more yards and 4 more TDs than the average in less than 3 quarters. :)

BlakeJ
10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
If he gets a useful college education paid for, it's not a waste.

Absolutely not.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I miss those early season games against TWHS. They did a lot to get the Tigers tuned up for the rest of the season. That said, the last two years have nothing to do with this year. You can't say that THWS would likely beat Katy this year based on previous results. But if loosing to THWS means we would make another State appearance I would take that any day. How did the Woodz do those years they beat Katy?

Based on what I've seen, the team that played Kingwood yesterday will probably beat the team that beat Morton Ranch a couple of weeks ago. It will be very close. Almost a toss up.

They probably would have done ok in Katy's playoff bracket both years (08 and 09).

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 05:22 PM
In reply to the red. The whole story cant be told by those simple observations. Haack has very rarely played more than 2-1/2 quarters of football this year.

In reply to the blue. Strakes passing defensive numbers excluding Haack.

1513 yards and 14 TDs...averaging 216 and 2TDs. Brooks only hit them up for 100 more yards and 4 more TDs than the average in less than 3 quarters. :)

Same could be said for other teams. How long do you the starting Dallas Jesuit QB-Brezette played in their game vs Strake, where he threw for 355+ yds and 5 tds? DJ was up 30-7 at halftime and 44-7 late in the 3rd Qtr. Strake allowed a (4-5) St. Catholic team to tally 333 yds and 4 tds, as well.

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Same could be said for other teams. How long do you the starting Dallas Jesuit QB-Brezette played in their game vs Strake, where he threw for 355+ yds and 5 tds? DJ was up 30-7 at halftime and 44-7 late in the 3rd Qtr. Strake allowed a (4-5) St. Catholic team to tally 333 yds and 4 tds, as well.

Sounds like you need to replace Katy in your top 25 with Dallas Jesuit... :heli:

cougmantx
10-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Based on what I've seen, the team that played Kingwood yesterday will probably beat the team that beat Morton Ranch a couple of weeks ago. It will be very close. Almost a toss up.

They probably would have done ok in Katy's playoff bracket both years (08 and 09).

Woodlands always fields a pretty good team. I would love to see them on Katy's pre-district schedule again. I think it would be a fine tune up game and I think Woodz plays up when playing Katy. Don't get me wrong...I want to see Katy whoop up on them for that 2008 beat down..so my desire is selfish although I know not guaranteed. :rolleyes:

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Woodlands always fields a pretty good team. I would love to see them on Katy's pre-district schedule again. I think it would be a fine tune up game and I think Woodz plays up when playing Katy. Don't get me wrong...I want to see Katy whoop up on them for that 2008 beat down..so my desire is selfish although I know not guaranteed. :rolleyes:

There was some talk about it, not sure the schedule has been set yet...

ktCarl

So how does Andrew Luck get a full scholly to Stanford? Not only did SB Stratford have sub-par competition but also was a sub-par team in a sub-par district.

xray10
if katy played the woodlands this year it would be just like 2007 not 2008...

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Sounds like you need to replace Katy in your top 25 with Dallas Jesuit... :heli:

If my Top 25 was based ONLY on strength of schedule, I would.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 05:39 PM
So how does Andrew Luck get a full scholly to Stanford? Not only did SB Stratford have sub-par competition but also was a sub-par team in a sub-par district.

Well if you want to tell me that Haack has the same raw ability and physical attributes as Andrew Luck then I'll step off this discussion because I'm clearly blind and clueless for not seeing it. You pretty much answered your own question. He put up great numbers despite being on a not so good team. Insert Andrew Luck into a state top 20 team and what do you think you'll get?

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 05:41 PM

Neither. More like 2009. Could go either way. A bad call or a TO could swing it in either one's favor.

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 05:42 PM
We will see where the SOS comes into play after week 12

cougmantx
10-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Neither. More like 2009. Could go either way. A bad call or a TO could swing it in either one's favor.

HA...in your dreams. Woodz is good but no where near as good as Katy this year. Just saying guy...I've listened to a couple of Woodz games. I don't think so but we will never know because they will not be playing this year.

Now, next year maybe. To many unknowns for Katy next year not the least of which is loosing a QB that has been with us for 3 years.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 05:48 PM
HA...in your dreams. Woodz is good but no where near as good as Katy this year. Just saying guy...I've listened to a couple of Woodz games. I don't think so but we will never know because they will not be playing this year.

Now, next year maybe. To many unknowns for Katy next year not the least of which is loosing a QB that has been with us for 3 years.

Prett sure you were saying the same thing in 09.

At the start of the year, they didn't look so good. They were in fact undecided who would start at QB or TB and they went with 2. I think they've settled in and the team I saw yesterday was nothing like the one I saw against Strake.

We play them next week. On paper they should kill us, but we've done enough this year to think we can compete and not get embarrassed.

ktCarl
10-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Well if you want to tell me that Haack has the same raw ability and physical attributes as Andrew Luck then I'll step off this discussion because I'm clearly blind and clueless for not seeing it. You pretty much answered your own question.:confused: He put up great numbers despite being on a not so good team. Insert Andrew Luck into a state top 20 team and what do you think you'll get?

You left this out of the equation. He still put up those numbers against sub-par competition.

I'm just showing you your post I quoted is the same for Luck as for Haack.

cougmantx
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Prett sure you were saying the same thing in 09.

At the start of the year, they didn't look so good. They were in fact undecided who would start at QB or TB and they went with 2. I think they've settled in and the team I saw yesterday was nothing like the one I saw against Strake.

We play them next week. On paper they should kill us, but we've done enough this year to think we can compete and not get embarrassed.

Who are y'all playing next week? Actually, I was saying the same thing in 2009 but with a different untried QB to start the season. I don't think you can put Haack in the same category. Don't get me wrong, our starting QB in 2009 had some great points but I always thought his real talent was somewhere else.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 06:03 PM
You left this out of the equation. He still put up those numbers against sub-par competition.

I'm just showing you your post I quoted is the same for Luck as for Haack.

I think Stratford advanced to the 3rd round that year and beat a pretty good Cy Falls team on the way. Most were probably thinking he did really well for what he had.

twcpfan1
10-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Who are y'all playing next week? Actually, I was saying the same thing in 2009 but with a different untried QB to start the season. I don't think you can put Haack in the same category. Don't get me wrong, our starting QB in 2009 had some great points but I always thought his real talent was somewhere else.

We play The Woodlands on Friday.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 06:06 PM
We will see where the SOS comes into play after week 12

Not sure how that applies to Katy.

prof1065
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM

The fact of the matter is that he committed to them early in the season.....he just wasn't getting offers from D-1 schools, and his parents wanted him playing somewhere. It is actually sometimes difficult to recruit EVERY quality athlete from a team like Katy....and not all of them get the attention. Many times when you are surrounded by SO much talent, people tend to think, "His numbers better be good, look what he has to work with!!" and ultimately don't get alot of credit. This happens at The Woodlands also. There are so many quality athletes out there, its hard to tell who is really good, and who is just made to look good by all the help he gets.
This kid has a good playoff run, he will mostly likely get more attention. I think he's been consistently excellent for Katy, and frankly they look unbeatable to me.
But sometimes thats the kiss of death....:(

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 06:31 PM
It doesnt come into play on any high school team.... This is not the BCS, your SOS has nothing to do with you advancing to the next week. Every thread you click on somebody is talking about how weak of teams that we play, and the only reason we ever do anything is because we have an easy schedule. Just like the back to back to back years, its only because we had a cake walk... Katy will match up well with any team in the State, and I will take our coaching staff against any other staff in the entire State. We are just a bunch of undersized slow kids that plays above our heads each and every year.

BlakeJ
10-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Here is a question. How does Haack have such great numbers playing out of the power I formation?

Again...I dont care who you are playing. 29 total TDs and 1 turnover is astonishing. Noway to discredit any bit of that.

thestud
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Here is a question. How does Haack have such great numbers playing out of the power I formation?

Again...I dont care who you are playing. 29 total TDs and 1 turnover is astonishing. Noway to discredit any bit of that, unless you're a hater.

fify.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
It doesnt come into play on any high school team.... This is not the BCS, your SOS has nothing to do with you advancing to the next week. Every thread you click on somebody is talking about how weak of teams that we play, and the only reason we ever do anything is because we have an easy schedule. Just like the back to back to back years, its only because we had a cake walk... Katy will match up well with any team in the State, and I will take our coaching staff against any other staff in the entire State. We are just a bunch of undersized slow kids that plays above our heads each and every year.

Do you take rankings serious? Meaning, do you gauge opponents by what others think about them? For example, if Katy and Euless Trinity were to meet in a game, next weekend, and you were from OOS - thus didn't know who Katy and ET were - would you take into the fact that many media entities, across the state, have both teams highly ranked? That would make the game more interesting, would it not? The reason I ask is because SOS is - whether you like it or not - taken into account. Weslaco is undefeated. Why aren't they in this site's Top 25? If the answer is, "they play no one"... who makes that decision? What is the criteria for judging who is and who isn't "some one"?

Moving past that, I choose to research teams, at the onset of the season, to have an expectation for certain teams. I knew that Port Arthur Memorial would be a very good football team, this year, thus I put them in my Top 20. They are still there. Same goes for Steele, last year, who was in my Pre-season Top 25 (Pearland was in my Top 40). Through my research, I came to the conclusion that North Shore would not be a Top 25 team... nor would Beaumont West Brook, Alief Taylor, Morton Ranch, Houston Memorial, Mayde Creek, Seven Lakes, nor Strake Jesuit. Knowing that my expectations for those teams were low, I have the mindset that Katy has not been truly tested. Cinco Ranch will be Katy's toughest district challenge. That doesn't say much of anything to me.

Judging from predicted paths, I have also come to the realization that Katy will likely face their best resistance in the playoffs, but even THAT resistance may not be an adequate assessment of where Katy is or how strong they are. Why? Because I never had high hopes for La Porte or Clear Springs or Cy Ranch. If La Porte beats PAM, I will concede that LP has vastly overachieved - even with a fairly young team - and will pose a stiffer challenge than what I'm thinking. If not, I fully expect Katy's first true (highly ranked or highly thought-of) tough opponent to come from Region 4, in the Semi's.

All of this is based on the assumption that BWB will shank their way out of the playoff hunt, and allow Channelview into the playoffs, thus sending Port Arthur Memorial into D1. You may be different, but I have criteria for ranking. I like to rank because I want to gauge the full spectrum of what I'm seeing. That is why I focus on SOS. It's a gauge. Plain and simple.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM

Again...I dont care who you are playing. 29 total TDs and 1 turnover is astonishing. Noway to discredit any bit of that.

Haack has great numbers in a pro-style offense because he plays in a great system and has been well prepared to run that offense. I remember speaking on his potential - with KT2000 - back in 2009. I knew his evolution would come. It comes for all Katy QB's. The system is perfect for any defense. It utilizes inside and outside zone blocking to establish a methodical running game. Then Katy attacks (a great deal) with Play Action, using quite a bit of bootlegs. Katy's TE's are almost always very successful in this type of scheme. Having been in this offense for as long as Haack has he's well aware of the do's and don't's.

Yes, 29 tds and 1 turnover is definitely a great stat to have, especially at the high school level. I will certainly be watching more of Haack/Katy in the playoffs. After seeing LP vs PAM, this weekend, I will be able to better gauge how LP will gameplan for Katy's potent balanced offense.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 07:06 PM
fify.

There's no way, possible, to discredit 29 tds and no INT's. However, one could always use peer-comparison to grasp a deeper sense of the dominance that he or she may be seeing. There's a reason why an undefeated Houston team isn't ranked in the AP Top 10, even though Case Keenum has passed for 2,700 yds and 23 tds with only 2 INT's... in just 7 games. The universally-assumed reason is... UH doesn't play anyone. Wouldn't you agree? This argument can be applied to the high school level. This method of determination is not hatred. It is simply an understanding that there has to be logical criteria for every analysis. There is nothing illogical with wondering if Haack's numbers would be the same if he played in 8-5A or 13-5A. Why would there be?

Dawg82
10-23-2011, 07:33 PM
After seeing LP vs PAM, this weekend, I will be able to better gauge how LP will gameplan for Katy's potent balanced offense.
Woah!!! Unless some fool's doing some twittering or something, no one that I know of from La Porte has mentioned playing Katy yet, other than me hypothetically saying LP would enjoy playing the "best" and enjoy the challenge. This should be the same thought that any team has if they want to prove themselves. The intent was to say "play whoever" in relation to a question about D1 or D2 for Katy.
I'm still not sold on the fact that La Porte will make it to the 3rd or 4th round. (I can't speak for Katy.)

tigerfan2010
10-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Some teams have no choice on where they play and how tough the district is. Your steady downgrading teams that have a poor SOS but Region III and Region IV with the lowest SOS both won State Championships last year over the teams that you are pumping their chest because of their SOS. Do you think any OOS teams or fans care about who played who for the first 15 weeks?

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Woah!!! Unless some fool's doing some twittering or something, no one that I know of from La Porte has mentioned playing Katy yet, other than me hypothetically saying LP would enjoy playing the "best" and enjoy the challenge. This should be the same thought that any team has if they want to prove themselves. The intent was to say "play whoever" in relation to a question about D1 or D2 for Katy.
I'm still not sold on the fact that La Porte will make it to the 3rd or 4th round. (I can't speak for Katy.)

Katy will meet LP in the 3rd Round, if the Admins projections stay the course. I'd be willing to bet my Board-life.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Some teams have no choice on where they play and how tough the district is. Your steady downgrading teams that have a poor SOS but Region III and Region IV with the lowest SOS both won State Championships last year over the teams that you are pumping their chest because of their SOS. Do you think any OOS teams or fans care about who played who for the first 15 weeks?

Never said they do. I am not downgrading teams in Regions III and Region IV. I'm simply stating that my criteria for gauging teams. For example, I've rated Katy as the 2nd best team in the state. I reached my conclusion based on information I gathered in the pre-season. I expected Katy to dominate in all of their regular season games. However, I never expected them to have a strong SOS. To say such is not a downgrade. Same goes for Steele, Judson, and Reagan, of whom I had in my pre-season Top 25 - and still do. Having said that, my argument against the likes of Harlingen is that I did not predict them to be an elite Top 10 or Top 25 team, thus their only method for rising in my ranking would be to beat highly ranked teams. They have NOT done that. It's all about gauging teams. That's the reason for rankings, IMO. The Admins understand the logic, I'm sure.

Woodlander
10-23-2011, 08:05 PM

Oh yeah for sure...Considering we went 3-8 in 2007 and that was the last time we ran the I formation before switching to the spread which we are 38-5 since then.

xray10
10-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah for sure...Considering we went 3-8 in 2007 and that was the last time we ran the I formation before switching to the spread which we are 38-5 since then.

then where are all the trophies if the woodz is so great...can't even get out of reg 2.
katy would donkey stomp them this year...

Woodlander
10-23-2011, 09:28 PM

then where are all the trophies if the woodz is so great...can't even get out of reg 2.
katy would donkey stomp them this year...

What leads you to believe the outcome would be that drastically different from the previous 2 meetings? Considering this years TWHS is alot more similar to 08 or 09 than they are 07

Ramz
10-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Everyone seems to forget Katy v Woodlands '05, '06, and '07.

Fleeman93
10-23-2011, 09:41 PM
My point was illustrated exactly in the 47-0 Woodlands Katy game. Look at the TWHS offensive numbers for that game. You would think they didn't have a good night because they were quite low on paper. But in actual fact, Katy had issues even punting the ball out of their endzone, so TWHS had short field to work with all night.

Yeah this is why Katy's offensive numbers aren't better than what they are. Damn defense won't give the offense a full field to work with.

Woodlander
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Everyone seems to forget Katy v Woodlands '05, '06, and '07.

Please refer to my last post where a state the following Considering this years TWHS is alot more similar to 08 or 09 than they are 07 06, 05

Fleeman93
10-23-2011, 09:49 PM

North Shore
IKE - 7 of 15 for 87 yds
BWB - 6 of 14 for 65 yds
LP - 4 of 11 for 70 yds

Alief Taylor
IKE - 4 of 19 for 75 yds

Beaumont West Brook
Lee - 3 of 9 for 30 yds

Seven Lakes
CR - 8 of 15 for 110 yds
MR - 2 of 15 for 14 yds

Strake Jesuit
MR - 1 of 3 for 30 yds

Morton Ranch

Mayde Creek

SB Memorial

Some notes...

Very good information. Something to keep in mind is that Haack didn't see the 4th in a lot of those games because of blowouts.

ktCarl
10-23-2011, 10:39 PM
I think Stratford advanced to the 3rd round that year and beat a pretty good Cy Falls team on the way. Most were probably thinking he did really well for what he had.

Nope. That was 2006 and Cy-Falls advanced to State while eliminating Stratford at Reliant.

Bass
10-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Nope. That was 2006 and Cy-Falls advanced to State while eliminating Stratford at Reliant.

Nope. Luck was a senior in 2007.

Cy Falls beat Mayde Creek in the first round then lost to Stratford and Luck in the second round.

Stratford somehow lost to Clements after that.

Then Katy decimated Clements.

thestud
10-23-2011, 10:56 PM
There's no way, possible, to discredit 29 tds and no INT's. However, one could always use peer-comparison to grasp a deeper sense of the dominance that he or she may be seeing. There's a reason why an undefeated Houston team isn't ranked in the AP Top 10, even though Case Keenum has passed for 2,700 yds and 23 tds with only 2 INT's... in just 7 games. The universally-assumed reason is... UH doesn't play anyone. Wouldn't you agree? This argument can be applied to the high school level. This method of determination is not hatred. It is simply an understanding that there has to be logical criteria for every analysis. There is nothing illogical with wondering if Haack's numbers would be the same if he played in 8-5A or 13-5A. Why would there be?

The reason UH isn't ranked in the Top 10 is because they have no defense. But once again, why are you trying to compare college with high school? There is absolutely NO correlation whatsoever.

ktchamp97
10-24-2011, 01:11 AM
227-388 (59%), 3,401 yards, 48 TD, 5 Int

Those are Haack's career numbers to date.

81-123, 1,391 yards, 24 TD, 0 Int...those are his numbers through 8 games this year, which track pretty darn well with Andy Dalton's numbers in his senior season.

Nobody is trying to say that he's the best high school QB ever, or even the best this year.

Argue the minutiae all you want; he's pretty good.

Katy06Tiger
10-24-2011, 03:27 AM
Please refer to my last post where a state the following Considering this years TWHS is alot more similar to 08 or 09 than they are 07 06, 05

Dont know about 06 or 07 but in 2005 (my senior year, I played safety). they ran a spread offense then. They had that ****** reciever who playes baseball for toronto. He was suppose to destroy our secondary. whats his name?:rolleyes:

jk. all in good fun. but we did shut him down that day.

ktCarl
10-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Nope. Luck was a senior in 2007.

Cy Falls beat Mayde Creek in the first round then lost to Stratford and Luck in the second round.

Stratford somehow lost to Clements after that.

Then Katy decimated Clements.

So when did Stratford lose to Cy-Falls in the playoffs? I was at Reliant watching it happen. Now I can't recall the year. I assumed 2006 because Falls went to State that year.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-24-2011, 07:13 AM
The reason UH isn't ranked in the Top 10 is because they have no defense. But once again, why are you trying to compare college with high school? There is absolutely NO correlation whatsoever.

stud, there is a correlation to any undefeated football team, on any level, not being highly regarded as some 1-loss, 2-loss, and 3-loss teams on their respective level. Computing an exact reason for either exclusion is at the hands of the beholder. I choose to think UH isn't in the CFB AP Top 10 because they haven't proven - to those of whom are in the position to rank - that they can dominate 2nd tier or 3rd tier opponents, and even if they do their SOS goes against them. This is the same argument that would be used against undefeated THSFB teams like Weslaco and Harlingen, is it not? Level of competition? The criteria for ranking and/or judgement starts with peer-comparison, IMO.

KT2000
10-24-2011, 07:13 AM
So when did Stratford lose to Cy-Falls in the playoffs? I was at Reliant watching it happen. Now I can't recall the year. I assumed 2006 because Falls went to State that year.

2007. Stratford lost to Clements in the third round.

twcpfan1
10-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Dont know about 06 or 07 but in 2005 (my senior year, I played safety). they ran a spread offense then. They had that ****** reciever who playes baseball for toronto. He was suppose to destroy our secondary. whats his name?:rolleyes:

jk. all in good fun. but we did shut him down that day.

He made one great catch and run before halftime for their only score, Will Thompson :D. But I do remember you had a great game. :yes: Woodz were deciding on a qb that game. They went with Hutson and Parsons, the baseball coach's son.

Somebody check me if I'm wrong, Woodz/McCullough is 4-3 lifetime v Katy.

KT2000
10-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Haack is having the type of season Katy needed from him, especially after losing two of the top five players on the team after the first game.

Before the season, I thought Haack should meet benchmarks of 2,000 yards and 60%+ completion rate if Katy played enough games. I thought the Tigers needed that type of season from Haack if they were going to be a serious player this year. And that was with Adam Taylor.

Jordan Thompson has played better than I imagined even after watching him tear up 7 on 7. His junior to senior year progression reminds me of Terrence Frederick (DB, 2007). Frederick, like Thompson, was a good player as an underclassman but he didn't make the physical progression until his senior year. Thompson's developed a genuine explosive element to his game and displayed some athletic ability I didn't realize he had.

The numbers are good, but I think there are several things Katy can do better in the passing game. Katy can do a better job of consistently taking what the defense is giving them. If the corners are going to give 10 yard cushions all night, Katy should be throwing quick bubbles and taking 10+ easy yards. The deep ball has been inconsistent all year. Several of Katy's big pass plays this year have involved corner routes. Also, drags over the middle have been a big weapon against teams overplaying the run. Katy's yardage could be much greater if the streaks and posts were being hit with any regularity. Haack's been much more accurate with target passes than he has been with space passes. The biggest difference between Haack and Andy Dalton (in his Katy years) is touch. Dalton had a natural touch on his passes that I've yet to see from Haack.

When Katy struggles to move the ball this year, it's usually when the OL decides it isn't going be physical enough. Katy then compounds the lack of running by not taking what it is given in other areas. The Tigers seem a bit tunnel-visioned at times.

The recipes for defending Katy are the same as they are in most years. It will take a dominant defensive line, and a secondary talented enough to be physical with the receivers at the line and cover over the top. It will take a complete defense in order to significantly limit this Tiger offense.

KT2000
10-24-2011, 08:18 AM
I can't decide if Katy's usage of Kyle Fulks is folly or brilliant ninja strategy.

The fastest human being in school history has spent most of his time at WR running controlled routes (out/curl/cross variety). He's starting to look comfortable out there, yet we almost never see him with the ball in space.

Why do we park on driveways but drive on parkways?

Ramz
10-24-2011, 08:20 AM
I can't decide if Katy's usage of Kyle Fulks is folly or brilliant ninja strategy.

The fastest human being in school history has spent most of his time at WR running controlled routes (out/curl/cross variety). He's starting to look comfortable out there, yet we almost never see him with the ball in space.

yup, still waiting on that single/double reverse or inside screen. Heck or even at RB on a pitch.

dada
10-24-2011, 08:44 AM

Briilliant Ninja Strategy.....no film on him. The last couple of games.....teams have been kicking TO him....and not putting a saftey over him....as Mr Burns would say..."Excelleeeenntttt".

I think we've seen 4 plays this year....over and over and over....it's about to open up in the next couple of weeks.

Good Knight
10-24-2011, 09:45 AM
I think the Katy fans are bored. Katy QB as a thread? Ok.

dada
10-24-2011, 09:46 AM

why yes, yes we are.

Austin109
10-24-2011, 09:48 AM
If memory serves me Malcolm Brown had a thread on him almost every week last year.

dada
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM
If memory serves me Malcolm Brown had a thread on him almost every week last year.

Geeze....there you go again...ruining a PERFECT argument....with facts.

ray1301
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Briilliant Ninja Strategy.....no film on him. The last couple of games.....teams have been kicking TO him....and not putting a saftey over him....as Mr Burns would say..."Excelleeeenntttt".

I think we've seen 4 plays this year....over and over and over....it's about to open up in the next couple of weeks.

It freaking better open up.

dada
10-24-2011, 09:58 AM
It freaking better open up.

It will......I think if you were go to practice, you'd think you were watching the greatest show on turf....then game time.....why show your hand when you can win with the basics? Remember...they PLAN on playing 16 games every year...still almost another season left.:D

ray1301
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
It will......I think if you were go to practice, you'd think you were watching the greatest show on turf....then game time.....why show your hand when you can win with the basics? Remember...they PLAN on playing 16 games every year...still almost another season left.:D

Oh, I understand that but weren't we saying this last year and did that change in the play-offs? Rhetorical question. No need to answer.

My point is, you can run it to perfection all day long in practice but it is different when it's game time and if the play-book is going to be opened then it needs to start happening before the play-offs or we end-up with a Regional Final result similar to last year.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I think Haack is a solid player.

Good Knight
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Geeze....there you go again...ruining a PERFECT argument....with facts.

A quick search of the threads did not turn up a weekly thread about MB. So where is that "fact". Given MB's status as the #1 RB in the Nation last year and a 5 star recruit, I think that it wouldn't be so odd to see some threads on him, just like keeping up with Mr Gray's numbers. Being UT commits, and this being Texas all that makes sense. Mr Haack isn't any of that.

So let's focus on the perfect argument.

The rest of the perfect argument includes threads about Katy's defense, Katy's opponents, Katy fans tarting threads about what's wrong with other teams... Some of these are best merged into team threads.

cougmantx
10-24-2011, 10:08 AM
From a little different perspective since I was only able to attend the NS game prior to leaving the state but have listened to every game Katy has played, I think Haack is doing very well. I think he is doing exactly what is being asked of him in a manner that is far and above what I expected. His numbers are great. His passing is spot on and I think he grew into the leader this team needed this year. I don't think we have seen all this kid is going to be yet...it's coming, I feel confident. I am most impressed with his composure when under pressure and doing his progressions well.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Oh, I understand that but weren't we saying this last year and did that change in the play-offs? Rhetorical question. No need to answer.

My point is, you can run it to perfection all day long in practice but it is different when it's game time and if the play-book is going to be opened then it needs to start happening before the play-offs or we end-up with a Regional Final result similar to last year.

What is a Katy bread and butter play that we have been running all year with nice success that I don't think they ran one single time against Memorial?

cougmantx
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
A quick search of the threads did not turn up a weekly thread about MB. So where is that "fact". Given MB's status as the #1 RB in the Nation last year and a 5 star recruit, I think that it wouldn't be so odd to see some threads on him, just like keeping up with Mr Gray's numbers. Being UT commits, and this being Texas all that makes sense. Mr Haack isn't any of that.

The rest of the perfect argument includes threads about Katy's defense, Katy's opponents, Katy fans tarting threads about what's wrong with other teams... Some of these are best merged into team threads.

Suggestion...if you don't like it, don't open up the thread...simple as that! I don't open Steele threads because they are boring as all get out...why don't you try the same.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Man you sound awfully jealous. These type of threads happen with the teams that are consistently noticed in the state (Trinity, Katy, SLC back in the day). If Steele continues to win then you will see the same threads about them.

dada
10-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Unlike MOST fans...Katy fans pay attention to other teams....even make road trips. So when they start a thread about a team it's a team they've seen in person.......unlike people who just read about a team on this board.

So...since Haack isnt a UT guy.....he can't be Solid?.....23 TD's no turnovers.....that's not worth talking about because he DECIDED to continue his education with family at ULL???? I learned something back in 2006....all threads have a title....you pretty much have an idea what that thread is about.....you DON'T have to read it.

Good Knight
10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Suggestion...if you don't like it, don't open up the thread...simple as that! I don't open Steele threads because they are boring as all get out...why don't you try the same.

Or the admins could merge all your threads and we'd be spared your random thoughts.

LILBradford
10-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Unlike MOST fans...Katy fans pay attention to other teams....even make road trips. So when they start a thread about a team it's a team they've seen in person.......unlike people who just read about a team on this board.

So...since Haack isnt a UT guy.....he can't be Solid?.....23 TD's no turnovers.....that's not worth talking about because he DECIDED to continue his education with family at ULL???? I learned something back in 2006....all threads have a title....you pretty much have an idea what that thread is about.....you DON'T have to read it.

This.:notworthy

KT2000
10-24-2011, 10:15 AM

I see it more as taking what you are given, and using what you have, rather than opening it up (although Katy can do one or two things to open it a bit). Katy doesn't need to do anything fancy scheme wise. Simple things.

I think Katy handcuffs itself sometimes by not doing the simple thing even though there are controls in the offense to ensure that the simple thing is done much more often than not. For whatever reason, Katy tends to tighten up at times. The scheme is all about flexibility. The brilliance of the pro style scheme is its simplicity with regard to multiplicity. Katy can take as many as four plays to the line of scrimmage on a given down and check to the best option based on the defense. The possibilities are only limited by the imagination from a set as balanced as the I.

dada
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I've noticed that the D2 fans have become real defensive since Saturday. lol

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Or the admins could merge all your threads and we'd be spared your random thoughts.

So it isn't enough that you can't figure out how to not click on a thread and comment but it also annoys you to the point that you have to click on a thread and comment. Serious lack of self control there.

cougmantx
10-24-2011, 10:18 AM

...you don't get to say do you...the admins are doing fine. It has nothing to do with them. Katy has really got you guys over there worried don't they...seems like they are already living in your head and we aren't into the playoff yet. :rofl:

cougmantx
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I've noticed that the D2 fans have become real defensive since Saturday. lol

:rofl:

I was thinking the very same thing!!!!! Katy is camped out in some of the Steele posters heads and starting a camp fire...:yes:

cougmantx
10-24-2011, 10:21 AM
I see it more as taking what you are given, and using what you have, rather than opening it up (although Katy can do one or two things to open it a bit). Katy doesn't need to do anything fancy scheme wise. Simple things.

I think Katy handcuffs itself sometimes by not doing the simple thing even though there are controls in the offense to ensure that the simple thing is done much more often than not. For whatever reason, Katy tends to tighten up at times. The scheme is all about flexibility. The brilliance of the pro style scheme is its simplicity with regard to multiplicity. Katy can take as many as four plays to the line of scrimmage on a given down and check to the best option based on the defense.

KT, how do you think they have been doing at that this year? I'm hoping to be at the game this week.

dada
10-24-2011, 10:21 AM

I was thinking the very same thing!!!!! Katy is camped out in some of the Steele posters heads and starting a camp fire...:yes:

You should have seen this LaPorte guy on Twitter.......

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Steele worrying about Katy will get them beat by Reagan or a lesser team but then again I'm sure it's only the fans that are worried (but they won't admit it).

dada
Steele worrying about Katy will get them beat by Reagan or a lesser team but then again I'm sure it's only the fans that are worried (but they won't admit it).

psssh....how many Steele games have YOU seen? or Region IV for that matter???

Fleeman93
You should have seen this LaPorte guy on Twitter.......

Linky thingy please?

:D

Good Knight
10-24-2011, 10:23 AM

Funny that you used the word "fact" and now changed the subject when it was rebutted.

Yall are bored and starting threads about every random thought that pops to mind. No respect for the fact that there are team threads for this discussion and there are multiple threads with the same content occurring. The rest of Texas can parse through it, or yall can be courteous.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
psssh....how many Steele games have YOU seen? or Region IV for that matter???

5. Tivy and New Braunfels in person. Madison and Judson, and Southwest on the boob tube.

EDIT: In bold. Oops.

dada
10-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Funny that you used the word "fact" and now changed the subject when it was rebutted.

Yall are bored and starting threads about every random thought that pops to mind. No respect for the fact that there are team threads for this discussion and there are multiple threads with the same content occurring. The rest of Texas can parse through it, or yall can be courteous.

Fine.....every RB thread was about Malcom Brown...happy.

Katy D...30 points....Tell me there WOULDNT be a thread if it was Steele's D?
There WOULDNT be a thread if Armstrong had 23 TD's no Ints?????
There are a TON of region 4 threads...and I can't tell you what they are about.....I have no reason to care...so I don't open. Sometimes the rest of Texas like to know what's going on....every fan doesnt wear blinders.

Good Knight
10-24-2011, 10:29 AM

I did see you posting daily in the Steele threads. The Steele folks are talking about our district opponents It's the heat of the district battle. Reagan will maybe come later, others too, but a very good Wagner team is on the plate.

dada
10-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Linky thingy please?

I think Austin has it.....I'm blocked from work lol

KT2000
10-24-2011, 10:32 AM
KT, how do you think they have been doing at that this year? I'm hoping to be at the game this week.

It's difficult to say exactly if you aren't on the sidelines or in the offense meetings, but the controls are certainly there in the offense. It's a huge staple of the scheme.

I'd imagine the coaches are trusting Haack with more responsibility as a senior and given he's been taking varsity snaps since he was a freshman.

There were quite a few instances last weekend when I thought a check was obvious, but wasn't called for whatever reason. Run checks are more common than pass checks in the Katy offense because of the numbers game in the trenches.

If the defense decides to overload a side or specific gap or stem from one front to another pre-snap, Katy easily can check out of bad plays and get into a more advantageous option. This is why it's rare to see Katy have negative yardage run plays unless someone just blows his assignment.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Fine.....every RB thread was about Malcom Brown...happy.

Katy D...30 points....Tell me there WOULDNT be a thread if it was Steele's D?
There WOULDNT be a thread if Armstrong had 23 TD's no Ints?????
There are a TON of region 4 threads...and I can't tell you what they are about.....I have no reason to care...so I don't open. Sometimes the rest of Texas like to know what's going on....every fan doesnt wear blinders.

You should, it's amusing at worst.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I did see you posting daily in the Steele threads. The Steele folks are talking about our district opponents It's the heat of the district battle. Reagan will maybe come later, others too, but a very good Wagner team is on the plate.

Well I tried to post in there but quickly learned that most Steele fans are far too hard headed to listen so I moved on. Wagner shouldn't be much of a challenge if both teams play their game. Reagan would come in the D2 R4 final and I hope scheduling works out for me to be there.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:40 AM
I think Austin has it.....I'm blocked from work lol

Give me the highlights?

KT2000
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Give me the highlights?

Katy shouldn't be allowed to go Division 2 because they cheat like private schools and recruit all-star teams every year.

Austin109
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Linky thingy please?

The bellaire sports guy updates his twitter more than a 15 year old girl.

After coach J racked up his 100th win in 7 seasons this was their beat writers post to the Katyfootball twitter. The second post was after our guy said something along the lines of "Coach J is one of the best coaches out there. Im sure he could." I like how the man who was there since 1982 (we sucked) is being questioned about how much he really has contributing at Katy :rolleyes:

BellaireSports Bellaire Examiner
@Katyfootball wonder how he'd do coaching a team that doesn't have the tradition of a Katy? Could he take Mayde Creek to the postseason?

@Katyfootball agreed. But I think the measure of a coach is 'can they take Clippers to 2nd rd, as opposed to winning titles with Lakers'

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Katy shouldn't be allowed to go Division 2 because they cheat like private schools and recruit all-star teams every year.

He has some valid points. No wait that isn't right. Sounds skeeereeed to me.

Austin109
10-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Oh snap I must have missed that one. I had the Bellaire one.

KT2000
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM

La Porte guy is my new favorite.

dada
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
The bellaire sports guy updates his twitter more than a 15 year old girl.

After coach J racked up his 100th win in 7 seasons this was their beat writers post to the Katyfootball twitter. The second post was after our guy said something along the lines of "Coach J is one of the best coaches out there. Im sure he could." I like how the man who was there since 1982 (we sucked) is being questioned about how much he really has contributing at Katy :rolleyes:

@Katyfootball wonder how he'd do coaching a team that doesn't have the tradition of a Katy? Could he take Mayde Creek to the postseason?

@Katyfootball agreed. But I think the measure of a coach is 'can they take Clippers to 2nd rd, as opposed to winning titles with Lakers'

He also said Katy would struggle with Kinkaid. Jenny Dial called him out and he replied "How much SPC football have YOU seen"

dada
10-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Oh I thought you saw that one too......"It crazy Katy gets to go D2...they are a D1 school"

Austin109
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
LPdogLJhookem Lance Johnson
@SuperBanker_21 @LPBulldogBlog - I have the upmost respect for your program, players, & coaches. I just think you're a D1 school

@LPBulldogBlog truth hurts & they know kids move in

@LPBulldogBlog open enrollment & they have that zoned exactly for Katy HS - also get kids to move in - see Donovan Young last yr

@LPBulldogBlog Katy is just like a private school - BS they get togo D2

Austin109
10-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Dada you're getting to aggressive recruiting! They are starting to catch on :eek:

dada
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Dada you're getting to aggressive recruiting! They are starting to catch on :eek:

Dang...guess my son will be a Round Rock Dragon until things cool off.

Quick question...what are the enrollment numbers for Katy and LaPorte?

KTCheer
10-24-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't understand their comments that we "get to go D2". Do they honestly think that this is done by choice? Maybe someone should explain how the UIL has this laid out. Morons.

katyfan52
10-24-2011, 10:57 AM
He wasn't here last year...he didn't know. :(

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Not that any of this garbage would deserve a response but:

@SuperBanker_21 @LPBulldogBlog - I have the upmost respect for your program, players, & coaches. I just think you're a D1 school

Sometimes yes, but most years no.

@LPBulldogBlog truth hurts & they know kids move in

True story but it doesn't hurt.

@LPBulldogBlog open enrollment & they have that zoned exactly for Katy HS - also get kids to move in - see Donovan Young last yr

Open enrollment? Zoned for Katy? Is he talking about West Memorial and Cimarron or the huge bed of talent they lost to Morton Ranch? Kids do move in which is legal. Donovan young didn't move in last year.

@LPBulldogBlog Katy is just like a private school - BS they get togo D2

Katy does not have the educational standards of the private schools so I would disagree that they are just like a private school. As far as football goes, Katy is nothing like a private school at all. It may be BS that they (Katy) gets to go D2 but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

What a fun and uninformed young man.

ray1301
10-24-2011, 10:59 AM

I think Katy handcuffs itself sometimes by not doing the simple thing even though there are controls in the offense to ensure that the simple thing is done much more often than not. For whatever reason, Katy tends to tighten up at times. The scheme is all about flexibility. The brilliance of the pro style scheme is its simplicity with regard to multiplicity. Katy can take as many as four plays to the line of scrimmage on a given down and check to the best option based on the defense. The possibilities are only limited by the imagination from a set as balanced as the I.

Agree and understand since my playing days were in a pro-set offense, so I understand perfectly what you are saying

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Dang...guess my son will be a Round Rock Dragon until things cool off.

Quick question...what are the enrollment numbers for Katy and LaPorte?

La Porte - 2278
Katy - 2794

dada
Not that any of this garbage would deserve a response but:

What a fun and uninformed young man.

For the record...LPBulldogblog is one of the good guys.

Austin109
According to Wiki La Porte is sitting at ~2250 and Katy is at ~2750. While in Katys district Cinco is at 3055, Lakes is at 3685, and Morton is at 3150.

I dont have the new UIL snapshot numbers though so take them as you will. Basically Katy has 500 more than LaPorte and a thousand less than 7 Lakes.

KT2000
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Agree and understand since my playing days were in a pro-set offense, so I understand perfectly what you are saying

The Bugatti's parallel parking well. Sooner or later, you have to think it'll go for a spin on the highway.

dada
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM
La Porte - 2278
Katy - 2794

Thank you.....

dada
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
The Bugatti's parallel parking well. Sooner or later, you have to think it'll go for a spin on the highway.

LMAO........Coach J pulls it out of the garage everyday....revs up the engine....waxes it.......pulls it back in lol

twcpfan1
10-24-2011, 12:05 PM
I think Steele gets past Wagner and Reagan and if they stay healthy, I think they'll be in good shape if the matchup with Katy happens. I see a 7-10 pt Steele win based on what I've seen.

KT_State_o_Mind
10-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Don't know if ya'll have read it (I admit I just skimmed through most of the posts). This is an article about Haack's year so far. The Cajuns seem ecstatic to have this kid coming in.

http://louisiana.scout.com/2/1120703.html

I think that he'll get interest later in the year. He didn't have the best year last year (IMO because our two dominant RBs), but it was good enough to garner some attention. Now, he'll start to get some more attention.

I don't know how much the family part plays into his final decision, but right now he's saying all of the expected things (his decision is made and he's focused on the season, etc...).

Was DY's recruitment like this last year? I didn't hear much about schools recruiting him during the year, but then he ended up at Illinois.

ktchamp97
10-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Was DY's recruitment like this last year? I didn't hear much about schools recruiting him during the year, but then he ended up at Illinois.
DY was passed up due to SOS considerations. Those who passed on him are glad they didn't get suckered by inflated numbers. There's no way he could ever contribute to a BCS school given the lack of competition he faced. Haack's in the same boat.

:rolleyes:

dada
10-24-2011, 12:40 PM
DY was passed up due to SOS considerations. Those who passed on him are glad they didn't get suckered by inflated numbers. There's no way he could ever contribute to a BCS school given the lack of competition he faced. Haack's in the same boat.

:rolleyes:

Yep......then losing to a D1 team in the regional finals sealed his fate. Believe it or not....some kids actually go to school for more reasons than football......Saw a Memorial tweeter "Your QB is going to ULL...yep, Football is getting you places"......kids these days.

KT_State_o_Mind
10-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Agreed!:notworthy

It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do once he starts to get more attention.

ray1301
10-24-2011, 12:42 PM
I think Steele gets past Wagner and Reagan and if they stay healthy, I think they'll be in good shape if the matchup with Katy happens. I see a 7-10 pt Steele win based on what I've seen.

Actually I see the exact opposite based on what I have seen. A Katy win by 10-14.

dada
10-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Actually I see the exact opposite based on what I have seen. A Katy win by 10-14.

Troll attempt...don't bite:D I think our Fajitas wore off....gotta get TWCP1 to another Katy game.

twcpfan1
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM

It can go either way when talking the kind of spreads you and me are talking about. Again it's that tired old SOS discussion, but it does apply here. I aint even kidding you with this and not trolling (dada). The best team Katy has played is TWCP on scrimmage week and that was a long time ago.

dada
10-24-2011, 12:52 PM
It can go either way when talking the kind of spreads you and me are talking about. Again it's that tired old SOS discussion, but it does apply here. I aint even kidding you with this and not trolling (dada). The best team Katy has played is TWCP on scrimmage week and that was a long time ago.

But Katy's track record has taught me that despite the district schedule.....they can still cause fits. I didnt see anything from Steele that would make me fear their offense....

Cy-Woods on the other hand.....get with me after round 2 of the playoffs.

twcpfan1
10-24-2011, 12:53 PM
But Katy's track record has taught me that despite the district schedule.....they can still cause fits. I didnt see anything from Steele that would make me fear their offense....

Cy-Woods on the other hand.....get with me after round 2 of the playoffs.

I haven't seen Woods so I can't really comment about them.

dada
10-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I haven't seen Woods so I can't really comment about them.

I'm about to pour honey all over myself and jump in a ant pile......

Cy-Woods is cable of equaling in a game, what Katy has given up all year.
Not that I don't have faith in the Defense, I just think Cy-Woods will make them work.

ray1301
10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm about to pour honey all over myself and jump in a ant pile......

Cy-Woods is cable of equaling in a game, what Katy has given up all year.
Not that I don't have faith in the Defense, I just think Cy-Woods will make them work.

Agree. Cy-Woods (their Offense) and LaPorte (their Defense)

ktchamp97
10-24-2011, 01:15 PM

It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do once he starts to get more attention.
In case anyone missed the obvious sarcasm, and the sarcastic smiley, my last post was a joke.

DY was largely forgotten about due to the injury he suffered against North Shore, costing him the vast majority of his junior year. Illinois got themselves a great kid and a great player.

With Brooks, I think more offers will come. Colleges miss on guys all the time. I think he'll have a very good college career wherever he ends up.

dada
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
In case anyone missed the obvious sarcasm, and the sarcastic smiley, my last post was a joke.

DY was largely forgotten about due to the injury he suffered against North Shore, costing him the vast majority of his junior year. Illinois got themselves a great kid and a great player.

With Brooks, I think more offers will come. Colleges miss on guys all the time. I think he'll have a very good college career wherever he ends up.

Adam Taylor may be in that same boat now.

KT_State_o_Mind
10-24-2011, 01:21 PM

Yep. Understood. Loved the sarcasm...executed with great skill...hence :notworthy.

cougmantx
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Adam Taylor may be in that same boat now.

That was my first thought when was injured...dang NS...:D

KT_State_o_Mind
10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
That was my first thought when was injured...dang NS...:D

Very True. Does he have a Highlight video about? I would love to forward that on to some college folks.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Please do tell what you have seen. I'll comment after you enlighten us.

dada
10-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Very True. Does he have a Highlight video about? I would love to forward that on to some college folks.

http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_895560.html

KT_State_o_Mind
10-24-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_895560.html

Thanks. Man I miss seeing him on the field. Can't wait to see how he shows next year. Here's to hoping that he can come back strong like DY did.

twcpfan1
10-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Please do tell what you have seen. I'll comment after you enlighten us.

They're a lot like Katy. Decent athletes, well coached and fundamentally sound. The difference will be in the preparation leading up to the game. But that's just me. And I know you and many others will never buy that argument so you don't even need to respond.

Bass
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
They're a lot like Katy. Decent athletes, well coached and fundamentally sound. The difference will be in the preparation leading up to the game. But that's just me. And I know you and many others will never buy that argument so you don't even need to respond.

I've only seen the Judson game, but Armstrong didn't look like a very capable passer to me. If all they bring to the table is a strong running game, I like Katy's ability to slow it down to where they aren't scoring every drive. And it wasn't that Armstrong would pick up yards when there was no one open down field, either. For the most part, he was running on designed plays. That's much easier to contain.

dada
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I've only seen the Judson game, but Armstrong didn't look like a very capable passer to me. If all they bring to the table is a strong running game, I like Katy's ability to slow it down to where they aren't scoring every drive. And it wasn't that Armstrong would pick up yards when there was no one open down field, either. For the most part, he was running on designed plays. That's much easier to contain.

But Katy hasn't played anyone!
19-5A is Horrible
Remember in 08 when you played The Woodlands?
Remember 05 you played Lufkin
You went D1 and lost last year
Another Katy thread

Did I miss any future rebuttals?

cougmantx
10-24-2011, 03:21 PM
19-5A is Horrible
Another Katy thread

Yeah you did...they hvae a girls name! :D

Bass
10-24-2011, 03:26 PM
19-5A is Horrible
Another Katy thread

I'll give CavDad a little more credit than that... I bet he goes with... the number of yards we gave up to the best running team we've faced to date... College Park. :D

tigerfan2010
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks. Man I miss seeing him on the field. Can't wait to see how he shows next year. Here's to hoping that he can come back strong like DY did.

I can tell you he is about a month or better on his rehab, he will come back stronger that is for sure. The kid is a work out freak!!

TigerHat
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
stud, there is a correlation to any undefeated football team, on any level, not being highly regarded as some 1-loss, 2-loss, and 3-loss teams on their respective level. Computing an exact reason for either exclusion is at the hands of the beholder. I choose to think UH isn't in the CFB AP Top 10 because they haven't proven - to those of whom are in the position to rank - that they can dominate 2nd tier or 3rd tier opponents, and even if they do their SOS goes against them. This is the same argument that would be used against undefeated THSFB teams like Weslaco and Harlingen, is it not? Level of competition? The criteria for ranking and/or judgement starts with peer-comparison, IMO.

About U of H.

Do you really think that Texas - for example - wants to play U of H? How about Baylor or A&M? The fact is they know they would have trouble stopping the U of H offense, and they don't want to get into a track meet with them to see who scores the most points.

U of H tries to schedule those kind of teams; for some reason they all have dates with someone else, or they have to wash their hair that weekend - or they can't date on a school night, or something. :D

All of those teams know they could lose to the Cougars; don't you think that could have something to do with the weak U of H schedule?

The only team I can think of who would play U of H is Boise State - who of course - nobody wants to play either.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM

I can see similarities with Katy but I can also see a lot of differences. Decent athletes, no, they have great athletes. They are very well coached but I do think their coach takes way too many chances. I would agree on being fundamentally sound.

My biggest knocks against Steele is that I don't feel their secondary is that great (we will find out how good their run defense is this week). Second, as I said, I think they take a lot of unnecessary chances that I think will hurt them against more elite teams than what they are seeing now (might only see two all year which will be in the semis and finals). I do think Reagan could give them problems with their passing game.

With all of that said Steele is a very solid football team.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 06:18 PM

Armstrong will throw the ball up for grabs into coverage a lot. Now I'm not sure if that is designed or if Steele just feels that comfortable that their receivers can beat the defenders but thats how they play most deep balls anyway. I will say that I have only seen it not work about 3 times on deep balls and those just turned out to be incomplete passes. Armstrong has 16 passing TDs with no INTs and 7 rushing TDs to boot. Armstrong is very dangerous with the ball in his hands.

TigerHat
10-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Part of Katy's SOS problems come from the fact that most teams don't want to play them. If they didn't have to play them every year how many of you think Mayde Creek would be calling trying to schedule them?

I think Katy would love to get the Woodlands and Lufkin back on the schedule - losses to those teams worked out pretty well in 03 and 08.

Memorial had Katy for their home coming game this year, I guess some ideas look better when you think them up than they do after you see the results.:rolleyes:

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Part of Katy's SOS problems come from the fact that most teams don't want to play them. If they didn't have to play them every year how many of you think Mayde Creek would be calling trying to schedule them?

I think Katy would love to get the Woodlands and Lufkin back on the schedule - losses to those teams worked out pretty well in 03 and 08.

Memorial had Katy for their home coming game this year, I guess some ideas look better when you think them up than they do after you see the results.:rolleyes:

I do wonder about this. Did Memorial really pick Katy to be their homecoming game or did they get stuck with it?

TigerHat
10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
I do wonder about this. Did Memorial really pick Katy to be their homecoming game or did they get stuck with it?

I don't know.

BlakeJ
10-24-2011, 07:37 PM

It'll be interesting to see what comes along for sure, but i'm willing to bet he'll stay true to his commitment.

People here look at as "Its only ULL...why would he go there?" Brooks is excited to be going there. He has an opportunity to play early and often there in a program that is up and coming. Coach Hudspeth just cracked the top 10 in the 2011 Liberty Mutual Coach of the year award. Brooks is kind of in the same position as Dalton was. TCU was up and coming when he committed and he helped them turn the corner.

Talking to his dad, he expects to see more attention later...but there are only a couple of schools he would even "consider" thinking about with ULL. Expect to see Brooks a Cajun...and a darn good one.

BlakeJ
10-24-2011, 08:39 PM
You guys realize that Twcpfan is 6-41 when predicting Katy win losses over the last 3 years. That means we already have an 87% chance to win a game vs. Steele. Don't be mad at him...his jealousy has has become a good omen for the Tigers in the win loss column over the years. We can't do it without him. Start hating him when he starts picking us....that's when things could go downhill.

Kat-na-hat
10-24-2011, 08:46 PM
You guys realize that Twcpfan is 6-41 when predicting Katy win losses over the last 3 years. That means we already have an 87% chance to win a game vs. Steele. Don't be mad at him...his jealousy has has become a good omen for the Tigers in the win loss column over the years. We can't do it without him. Start hating him when he starts picking us....that's when things could go downhill.

I must say:heli::notworthy

twcpfan1
10-24-2011, 08:51 PM

You really believe that huh?

Ok. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

Bass
10-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Armstrong will throw the ball up for grabs into coverage a lot. Now I'm not sure if that is designed or if Steele just feels that comfortable that their receivers can beat the defenders but thats how they play most deep balls anyway. I will say that I have only seen it not work about 3 times on deep balls and those just turned out to be incomplete passes. Armstrong has 16 passing TDs with no INTs and 7 rushing TDs to boot. Armstrong is very dangerous with the ball in his hands.
His stats are a lot better than I realized. I wonder if his touchdown passes are more often deep balls to the endzone or short passes?

As far as jump balls being designed, I think it could be a result of Armstrong not having the ability to hit a deep receiver who's still running. But the fact he's throwing deep balls like that and the defender is never coming down with it really speaks to the ability of his receivers. Strong and good instincts.

I don't remember the last time that sort of passing game beat Katy. Hastings came close in 2007, but through a whole game I don't think it can get it done if the Katy offense is clicking.

Steele showed elements of a short passing game against Judson, but nothing that came across as being an integral part of their offense. If Steele's not getting yards on the ground they'll have to throw to or near the endzone to get points. Jump balls don't produce many yards after the catch.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 11:38 PM
His stats are a lot better than I realized. I wonder if his touchdown passes are more often deep balls to the endzone or short passes?

1. Justin Stockton 4-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Madison Game
2. Jordan Sterns 9-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Madison Game
3. Matthew Mayle 69-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Tivy Game
4. Marcus O'Learnick 34-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Southwest
5. Matthew Mayle 32-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Southwest
6. ? - Austin
7. ? - Austin
8. ? - Austin
9. ? - Austin
10. Matthew Mayle 39-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Seguin
11. Breylann McCollum 5-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Seguin
12. C.J. Lynch 28-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Seguin
13. Matthew Mayle 24-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - New Braunfels
14. Jordan Sterns 18-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - New Braunfels
15. Thaddeos Thompson 24-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Judson
16. C.J. Lynch 28-yard pass from Tommy Armstrong - Judson

Couldn't find a boxscore for the Austin game.

As far as jump balls being designed, I think it could be a result of Armstrong not having the ability to hit a deep receiver who's still running. But the fact he's throwing deep balls like that and the defender is never coming down with it really speaks to the ability of his receivers. Strong and good instincts.

No he hits them in stride or close to it most of the time but it just seems to be with single, double, and sometimes triple coverage.

I don't remember the last time that sort of passing game beat Katy. Hastings came close in 2007, but through a whole game I don't think it can get it done if the Katy offense is clicking.

It seems risky to me but it seems to be working for them. The old saying about going to the well comes to mind.

Steele showed elements of a short passing game against Judson, but nothing that came across as being an integral part of their offense. If Steele's not getting yards on the ground they'll have to throw to or near the endzone to get points. Jump balls don't produce many yards after the catch.

Their offense is all over the place and I'm sure it would be difficult to scheme for. Bottom line is that you have to limit and get hits on Armstrong.

katyfan52
10-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Troll attempt...don't bite:D I think our Fajitas wore off....gotta get TWCP1 to another Katy game.
The fajitas.....that was what? 2009? At least give him a glass of red koolaid. :D

Austin109
10-24-2011, 11:44 PM
The fact Armstrong has such an incredible TD/INT ratio tells me he isnt just flinging it up there. Triple coverage or not he must be doing something right.

:notworthy:notworthy Armstrong is a beast of a QB in my book.

Fleeman93
10-24-2011, 11:49 PM
The fact Armstrong has such an incredible TD/INT ratio tells me he isnt just flinging it up there. Triple coverage or not he must be doing something right.

:notworthy:notworthy Armstrong is a beast of a QB in my book.

That he is.

Bass
10-24-2011, 11:51 PM

I clearly need to watch more football. Or just stop reading KT's notes...

Bass
10-24-2011, 11:57 PM
The fajitas.....that was what? 2009? At least give him a glass of red koolaid. :D

I know he was there against Smithson Valley in 2008. So maybe even that long ago...

katyfan52
10-25-2011, 12:42 AM
I know he was there against Smithson Valley in 2008. So maybe even that long ago...
You're right, it was 2008...I can still hear "Thunderstruck" blaring from Pete's car. SVHorns was there too. That was a great day. :notworthy

twcpfan1
10-25-2011, 06:44 AM

2008 at Rice, SV game, state semis

SV61, Forward Pass, Texas Bob, texalaska, and of course the usual Katy crowd, even Chunky. It was a great day.

Was SVHorns there? Dang, I missed shaking his hand.

ktCarl
10-25-2011, 12:28 PM

SV61, Forward Pass, Texas Bob, texalaska, and of course the usual Katy crowd, even Chunky. It was a great day.

How do you feel Haack would perform as a College Park QB?

Austin109
10-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Not right at all for that system. He'd be solid but I wouldn't put him out there.

twcpfan1
10-25-2011, 01:08 PM

I don't think he's built to take the punishment that goes with the job. Not too many qbs are.

BlakeJ
10-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't think he's built to take the punishment that goes with the job. Not too many qbs are.

Playing on that team for the last 3 years alone is punishment enough. Dun dun TING!!!!!!!!! :D

twcpfan1
10-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Playing on that team for the last 3 years alone is punishment enough. Dun dun TING!!!!!!!!! :D

Do you think his game is suited to an offense where he's expected to rush for 1000-1200 yards every 10 games?

katyfan52
10-25-2011, 09:36 PM

That it was. :cool:

TigerHat
10-25-2011, 10:13 PM

Just wonder, do you think Katy's Defense is sub par? He plays against them every day in practice. I think the coaches have an excellent read on how he'll do against a top flight pass defense.

twcpfan1
10-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Just wonder, do you think Katy's Defense is sub par? He plays against them every day in practice. I think the coaches have an excellent read on how he'll do against a top flight pass defense.

More than likely. Like I told the other dude, I was just speculating on the question of why he hasn't gotten an offer from a bigger school. I didn't ask the question. Somebody else did.

Dynastybegan86
10-26-2011, 12:42 AM
More than likely. Like I told the other dude, I was just speculating on the question of why he hasn't gotten an offer from a bigger school. I didn't ask the question. Somebody else did.

Remind me again how he did against CP in the scrimmage....the BEST defense according to you he has faced this year? Just curious.

twcpfan1
10-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Remind me again how he did against CP in the scrimmage....the BEST defense according to you he has faced this year? Just curious.

I don't know. I had to leave. Didn't see the live portion. I was going by what I was told by one of your people. Plus it's not quite what I said. I said CP is the best team they've seen all year and more than likely will stay that way until the state semifinals.

Bass
10-26-2011, 01:12 AM

I remember not being impressed with him. But then again, I didn't think the team looked good at all. They played with more intensity against North Shore, which makes sense seeing as one was a scrimmage and one was in front of 12,000 people.

He had two deep balls. One a 50-yard post to Fulks and another to Fulks or Thompson falling backward to make the play. Those are the highlights I remember.

jc84chill
10-26-2011, 02:37 AM
I remember not being impressed with him. But then again, I didn't think the team looked good at all. They played with more intensity against North Shore, which makes sense seeing as one was a scrimmage and one was in front of 12,000 people.

He had two deep balls. One a 50-yard post to Fulks and another to Fulks or Thompson falling backward to make the play. Those are the highlights I remember.

We kinda slept walked through the controlled portion (the part twcp saw). Then in live portion, we turned it on and scored on all of our possessions and kept CP scoreless. Both deep balls were completed to Fulks.

twcpfan1
10-26-2011, 07:07 AM
We kinda slept walked through the controlled portion (the part twcp saw). Then in live portion, we turned it on and scored on all of our possessions and kept CP scoreless. Both deep balls were completed to Fulks.

CP's defense has been inconsistent all year. They play lights out against Bryan and Atascocita, then play not so well against Kingwood and Dekaney. Atascocita scored a bunch on Kingwood and were a turnover away from beating them. Even against ORHS, it was a game of 2 halves for the CP D. Reverse the halves against Dekaney. Best game they played was last Friday. Could not have come at a better time leading up to TWHS, LP and the playoffs of course.

Katy06Tiger
10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
He made one great catch and run before halftime for their only score, Will Thompson :D. But I do remember you had a great game. :yes: Woodz were deciding on a qb that game. They went with Hutson and Parsons, the baseball coach's son.

Somebody check me if I'm wrong, Woodz/McCullough is 4-3 lifetime v Katy.

Nope didn't start. I was listed as a safety played our nickle/safety position. just played alot that game

Katy06Tiger
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM

I was talking to my mom the other day who still attends every game since i graduated 6 years ago. She said the crowds arent as big any more and not exciting because the games are so predictable. my mom, who granted now she watches football alot but before didnt understand the game, can realize what play is being ran before the snap. she said people are now going and treating it like a social event instead of a football game. COM'ON KATY WE ARE BORED, EXCITE US!!!!!!!!!!!!

twcpfan1
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
I was talking to my mom the other day who still attends every game since i graduated 6 years ago. She said the crowds arent as big any more and not exciting because the games are so predictable. my mom, who granted now she watches football alot but before didnt understand the game, can realize what play is being ran before the snap. she said people are now going and treating it like a social event instead of a football game. COM'ON KATY WE ARE BORED, EXCITE US!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was under the impression Katy sells out all their home games. Maybe I just assumed that.

cougmantx
10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I was under the impression Katy sells out all their home games. Maybe I just assumed that.

The basically do...it's just that when the competition is better there is nothing but standing room only and the grassy knoll is filled with kids. I haven't been to a Katy game where the seats haven't all been accounted for but I haven't been to all the games this year because of work.

In other words it's all realitive...

KTCheer
10-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Most games are technically sell outs because so many of the seats are held by season ticket holders. People are just not as into the games because like wonderful Katy06Tiger has said the games have been pretty predictable. The North Shore game had an excitement level at the beginning. I'm sure the Cinco game will be beyond capacity with people sitting in the grassy area below the scoreboard on both sides. Playoffs get much more exciting.

dada
10-26-2011, 02:40 PM

seats are gone....grass is empty

twcpfan1
10-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Most games are technically sell outs because so many of the seats are held by season ticket holders. People are just not as into the games because like wonderful Katy06Tiger has said the games have been pretty predictable. The North Shore game had an excitement level at the beginning. I'm sure the Cinco game will be beyond capacity with people sitting in the grassy area below the scoreboard on both sides. Playoffs get much more exciting.

Has Rhodes ever displayed a sold out sign at their ticket booth or do they keep selling tickets until the grassy area is filled?

dada
10-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Has Rhodes ever displayed a sold out sign at their ticket booth or do they keep selling tickets until the grassy area is filled?

not that I know of....you usually know its sold out before game day...every now and then we sit up top and watch people walk up from Katyland Dr because there is no place to park....only to turn around and walk back because there are no tickets. Most tickets(non season tickets) are gobbled up at the school during the week.

KTCheer
10-26-2011, 02:52 PM

I have seen a sold out sign on the ticket booth but it was years ago before they started allowing people to sit in the grassy area. I don't think that I have seen it recently but we have definitely had games where the stadium is beyond capacity. Getting to the snack bar or restrooms takes forever just to work your way through the crowds.

jc84chill
10-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I understand the feeling that there's less enthusiasm in the stands outside of the North Shore game, but that's because the games are over by halftime. Even last week against Memorial, it was "only" 14-0 at half, but everyone and their grandmama could see it was likely to get out of hand at any minute. Add in several Thursday night games which just don't bring as much enthusiasm from the later arriving crowd. It also doesn't help that the opposite team's crowd is like 20 deep.

From my POV, the crowds haven't been smaller in numbers on the Katy side.

It kinda reminds me of 2007 when you showed up to the game feeling 95% sure the game was going to be out of hand before halftime.

dada
10-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I have seen a sold out sign on the ticket booth but it was years ago before they started allowing people to sit in the grassy area. I don't think that I have seen it recently but we have definitely had games where the stadium is beyond capacity. Getting to the snack bar or restrooms takes forever just to work your way through the crowds.

True...not EVERY GAME will "sell out" but it obvious you have a chance of getting a ticket to "Katy vs Mayde Creek or Taylor" as opposed to "Katy vs North Shore or Cinco Ranch". I'm already getting texts for tickets to the Cinco Ranch game.

dada
10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
I understand the feeling that there's less enthusiasm in the stands outside of the North Shore game, but that's because the games are over by halftime. Even last week against Memorial, it was "only" 14-0 at half, but everyone and their grandmama could see it was likely to get out of hand at any minute. Add in several Thursday night games which just don't bring as much enthusiasm from the later arriving crowd. It also doesn't help that the opposite team's crowd is like 20 deep.

From my POV, the crowds haven't been smaller in numbers on the Katy side.

It kinda reminds me of 2007 when you showed up to the game feeling 95% sure the game was going to be out of hand before halftime.

Yeah....the Thursday game were AWFUL...even Willeby and Carl were sitting and stopped doing the "1-2-3 First down" after a few series...lol

ktCarl
10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah....the Thursday game were AWFUL...even Willeby and Carl were sitting and stopped doing the "1-2-3 First down" after a few series...lol

We're going to start doing the chant for the opponents. :D

Katy06Tiger
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
We're going to start doing the chant for the opponents. :D

Nice. lol
How much bigger, seat wise for the away side of tully, is tully than Rhodes. Because the Katy side didnt fill up. I know its bigger but i still figured it would fill up because of our grassy kids sitting their.

dada
10-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Nice. lol
How much bigger, seat wise for the away side of tully, is tully than Rhodes. Because the Katy side didnt fill up. I know its bigger but i still figured it would fill up because of our grassy kids sitting their.

Tully seats 15000, Rhodes, 9800

Katy06Tiger
10-26-2011, 04:32 PM
is that total or one side? if one side then i see why it would be hard to feel up. but katy should be ableto pull 7.5k people to any game they play. maybe im just partial to the old days when every game was sold out and packed.

dada
10-26-2011, 04:38 PM
is that total or one side? if one side then i see why it would be hard to feel up. but katy should be ableto pull 7.5k people to any game they play. maybe im just partial to the old days when every game was sold out and packed.

Total......and I agree.....that was normal a few years ago....but the games have been over at halftime. Things will get back to Normal starting next week.

KTCheer
10-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I agree. The Cinco game will be completely packed and a very rowdy and vocal crowd. Then playoff start and the playoff atmosphere is always more lively. It's not the same level of intensity that was around in your time Katy06Tiger. We were definitely louder back then.

Raiders09
10-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Tully seats 15000, Rhodes, 9800

Forgot where I read but I believe Tully was originally built to hold around 20,000 but after the renovations the district claims Tully to hold 15,000. I'm pretty sure Tully can hold more than 15,000 now.

dada
10-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Forgot where I read but I believe Tully was originally built to hold around 20,000 but after the renovations the district claims Tully to hold 15,000. I'm pretty sure Tully can hold more than 15,000 now.

I wouldnt be surprised....I love Tully.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Tully's not a bad stadium, at all. It just needs elevators. When it rains, it looks like Wet-n-Wild, watching loads of people sliding on their arses! :yes:

dada
10-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Tully's not a bad stadium, at all. It just needs elevators. When it rains, it looks like Wet-n-Wild, watching loads of people sliding on their arses! :yes:

taking it you havent been there since the renovation.....they have elevators.

Katy06Tiger
10-26-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree. The Cinco game will be completely packed and a very rowdy and vocal crowd. Then playoff start and the playoff atmosphere is always more lively. It's not the same level of intensity that was around in your time Katy06Tiger. We were definitely louder back then.

I know. I miss the chanting days where the whole crowd sounded like a colt screaming: "eat'm up, eat'm up, GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

Those were the days

Katy06Tiger
10-26-2011, 05:16 PM
On the actual topic of Brooks. I think he is a great game manager and will do well at ULL. But to me he isnt a game changer like Andy, Bo, or even Gore was. I like him because he is the leader on the offense and commands his team. That to me is where he is comparable to the other great QBs from Katy.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-26-2011, 05:38 PM
taking it you havent been there since the renovation.....they have elevators.

Haven't been there since last year. New??

KT_State_o_Mind
10-26-2011, 06:02 PM
On the actual topic of Brooks. I think he is a great game manager and will do well at ULL. But to me he isnt a game changer like Andy, Bo, or even Gore was. I like him because he is the leader on the offense and commands his team. That to me is where he is comparable to the other great QBs from Katy.

I don't think that he's been tested yet in the same ways that those QBs were. I think that we'll see whether he's a game changer or not during the playoffs. He's not flashy. But what I really like about Haack is his poise. He doesn't ever seem to panic. He calmly side-steps would-be tacklers. He knows when to throw the ball away. He takes his yards running and gets out of bounds. I like that he doesn't force things.

Bass
10-26-2011, 06:27 PM

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think he or anyone else has been a game changer yet because we haven't needed one. At least not at a very specific point in a game. The running game isn't getting stopped and he's leading with the pass anyway, not going to it as a second option. The offense has been too balanced and effective for someone to stand out as a game changer.

You could argue that in the grand scheme of things he's been a game changer. We all thought he'd be good, but I think we expected him to play second fiddle to Taylor. With Taylor out he hasn't faltered once.

KTCheer
10-26-2011, 06:45 PM
I know. I miss the chanting days where the whole crowd sounded like a colt screaming: "eat'm up, eat'm up, GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

Those were the days

My daughter actually fussed at me for not watching her cheer or her sister years before. Silly me I went to the football game to watch a football game. :rolleyes:

KT2000
10-26-2011, 08:09 PM

Haack showed the ability to take a lead role in the Abilene 09 state game and last year's North Shore game. Katy doesn't beat North Shore in the playoffs without Haack last year.

I don't think he's had many chances to show what he's truly capable of because most of his starts have been blow outs.