PDA

View Full Version : Katy QB - Brooks Haack

Pages : 1 [2]

katyfan52
10-26-2011, 08:27 PM
taking it you havent been there since the renovation.....they have elevators.
On both sides???

Woodlander
10-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Haack showed the ability to take a lead role in the Abilene 09 state game and last year's North Shore game. Katy doesn't beat North Shore in the playoffs without Haack last year.

I don't think he's had many chances to show what he's truly capable of because most of his starts have been blow outs.

Is there a QB waiting in the wing for KT next yr?

Bass
10-26-2011, 11:07 PM

There's a junior-to-be named Kiley Huddleston. He plays on JV but he dresses out with the varsity. He's supposed to be pretty good, but with Haack being the best QB we've had in years there hasn't been a lot of talk about his replacement the way there was with Ray in 2008 and Stojkovic in 2009.

KT2000
10-27-2011, 07:18 AM

I think it'll be a battle between 2 or 3 players. With a recovered Adam Taylor and Rodney Anderson after off-season development, the new QB better be good at handing off. :)

Tut
10-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Forgot where I read but I believe Tully was originally built to hold around 20,000 but after the renovations the district claims Tully to hold 15,000. I'm pretty sure Tully can hold more than 15,000 now.

I think 15,000 is "seating capacity". There is also standing room & grassy areas that can be opened.

dada
10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Haven't been there since last year. New??

Yes....upgraded.....nice

KTCheer
10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes....upgraded.....nice

It was strange for the tunnel to be gone. I was at the game for a while before I realized that it was gone. I liked when the boys would emerge from the tunnel. Plus the walkway over the tunnel was a great vantage point to take pictures.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Yes....upgraded.....nice

This is what I'm talking about...

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9840/tullystadium.jpg

They upgraded that to an elevator?

dada
10-27-2011, 09:23 AM
This is what I'm talking about...

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9840/tullystadium.jpg

They upgraded that to an elevator?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourhoustonnews.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/e/cc/d44/eccd4458-50bd-52b7-a6e5-3ac7aaa5d3dd-revisions/4ce8ae9453a93.preview-300.jpg

twcpfan1
10-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Tully sucks. I hate it. The parking is awful. The concession stands are awful.

KTCheer
10-27-2011, 11:12 AM

Major improvements to the concession stands. I walked right up last Friday night got a drink and was back in my seat in less than 5 minutes. As far as parking, I just park across the street at Stratford and walk. It's much better.

dada
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Take it that you haven't been there since the upgrade either.....parking lot is a parking lot....no grass.

Katy06Tiger
10-27-2011, 01:30 PM
It was strange for the tunnel to be gone. I was at the game for a while before I realized that it was gone. I liked when the boys would emerge from the tunnel. Plus the walkway over the tunnel was a great vantage point to take pictures.

Coming from a player. Ditto

KT_State_o_Mind
10-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I was talking to my mom the other day who still attends every game since i graduated 6 years ago. She said the crowds arent as big any more and not exciting because the games are so predictable. my mom, who granted now she watches football alot but before didnt understand the game, can realize what play is being ran before the snap. she said people are now going and treating it like a social event instead of a football game. COM'ON KATY WE ARE BORED, EXCITE US!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that the games have become more of a social event. BUT, that stems from the fact that season ticket holders are keeping their tickets year after year. It's not a bad thing. It just facilitates getting to know who's sitting next to you, building friendships, and therefore talking (we don't even have season tickets, but my wife could tell you all about this). Plus, a lot of the season ticket holders no longer have kids playing and so are a little less likely to get really up for the games (there seems to be a lot more people wanting to remain seated rather than standing).

Having said that, I don't think that it's the team's responsibility to get the crowd up for games that they are winning handily. I think that the crowd needs to get up for the team on its own.

The problem is that we don't have any tradition that dictates how fans can get involved (other than cheering with the cheerleaders). We don't have any great chants to get the crowd into it. I love our fans and I know that they love our team, but I agree that we could get more into the games.

KTCheer
10-27-2011, 03:12 PM
As a mom of two former Katy cheerleaders I can tell you that virtually no one cheers with the cheerleaders. They are required to stand in front of the band/drill team which kind of removed them from the crowd. Even when they come into the stands to get the crowd going no one seems to pay much attention to them. I am as guilty of this as anyone else but I'm watching the game.

ktCarl
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
As a mom of two former Katy cheerleaders I can tell you that virtually no one cheers with the cheerleaders. They are required to stand in front of the band/drill team which kind of removed them from the crowd. Even when they come into the stands to get the crowd going no one seems to pay much attention to them. I am as guilty of this as anyone else but I'm watching the game.

I pay attention to them. :D

Katy06Tiger
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I pay attention to them. :D

dirty ol' man!!!!!!!:D

LILBradford
10-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey 06Tiger, are you friends with the class of 06 an 07? My bro graduated in 07, wanted to see if I know u.

cougmantx
10-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree that the games have become more of a social event. BUT, that stems from the fact that season ticket holders are keeping their tickets year after year. It's not a bad thing. It just facilitates getting to know who's sitting next to you, building friendships, and therefore talking (we don't even have season tickets, but my wife could tell you all about this). Plus, a lot of the season ticket holders no longer have kids playing and so are a little less likely to get really up for the games (there seems to be a lot more people wanting to remain seated rather than standing).

Having said that, I don't think that it's the team's responsibility to get the crowd up for games that they are winning handily. I think that the crowd needs to get up for the team on its own.

The problem is that we don't have any tradition that dictates how fans can get involved (other than cheering with the cheerleaders). We don't have any great chants to get the crowd into it. I love our fans and I know that they love our team, but I agree that we could get more into the games.

The first state championship game I was home for was in 2005. I remember towards the end of the 4th when it was pretty clear we were not going to win that game the whole Katy nation started chanting, Katy, Katy, Katy...

I was pretty impressed.

KTCheer
10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
We were standing on the arms of our seats yelling. It was so sad to know it was my youngest daughter's last football game to cheer at and the senior boys many of whom I had watched play football for the past 6 years were playing their last game. We were so proud of all of them.

katyfan52
10-27-2011, 07:39 PM
As a mom of two former Katy cheerleaders I can tell you that virtually no one cheers with the cheerleaders. They are required to stand in front of the band/drill team which kind of removed them from the crowd. Even when they come into the stands to get thecrowd going no one seems to pay much attention to them. I am as guilty of this as anyone else but I'm watching the game.
Part of the reason we don't cheer with them is that they consistently try to get us to make noise when we're on offense. If they would do it when we're on defense they would get a lot better response, at least out of some of us.

cougmantx
10-27-2011, 07:47 PM
We were standing on the arms of our seats yelling. It was so sad to know it was my youngest daughter's last football game to cheer at and the senior boys many of whom I had watched play football for the past 6 years were playing their last game. We were so proud of all of them.

My daughters last game on the drill team was the 2007 state game...it was a great way to end all those years and hard work she put in.

Katy06Tiger
10-28-2011, 03:14 AM
hey 06tiger, are you friends with the class of 06 an 07? My bro graduated in 07, wanted to see if i know u.

06'

twcpfan1
10-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Part of the reason we don't cheer with them is that they consistently try to get us to make noise when we're on offense. If they would do it when we're on defense they would get a lot better response, at least out of some of us.

I complained about the exact same thing. Bands and cheerleaders really need a lesson on when to ask for or make noise.

TxDrake
10-28-2011, 06:51 AM
I complained about the exact same thing. Bands and cheerleaders really need a lesson on when to ask for or make noise.

Did you just say teenage girls need lessons on making noise?:eek:

LILBradford
10-28-2011, 08:05 AM
06'

Did you know Lee Hall, Bryan Iselt, Taylor Stuckey? My bro is John Bradford, is your age just graduated a yr later.

Fleeman93
10-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I did some research on Haack, he is still real good.

LILBradford
10-28-2011, 09:52 AM
He can't be that good, he's going to ULL.... Plus they haven't played anybody....:rolleyes:

Fleeman93
10-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Some of the mirror part:

http://blog.jeremyrolleston.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/CatLionMirror-297x300.jpg

katyfan52
10-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Some of the mirror part:

http://blog.jeremyrolleston.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/CatLionMirror-297x300.jpg
:notworthy

TxDrake
10-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Some of the mirror part:

Smoke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6DUV7oHBA

Falcon16
10-28-2011, 11:38 AM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/katy%20high%20school%20football%20rings/katyredtiger/rings.jpg

Were these 5 little things just smoke and mirrors?

ThEgReAtOnE
10-28-2011, 12:54 PM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/katy%20high%20school%20football%20rings/katyredtiger/rings.jpg

Were these 5 little things just smoke and mirrors?

Nah.. just D2 rings. :D

ray1301
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Nah.. just D2 rings. :D

One of those is a D1

LILBradford
10-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Still, if DFW is the best of all, (not that they don't dominate most of the time) they should have had a rep in the D2 games Katy was in. You can't control that anymore than Katy can control who they play and what division they go to.

Falcon16
10-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Katy is always in the mix, I just hope one day we can be there with them year in and year out.

TigerHat
10-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Cinco is self explanatory. Their Defense isn't very good. They'll give up a bunch of points. On offense, They'll lose the battle in the trenches. That RB doesn't really have the pace or power to worry LP's or TWHS's defense.

Jamal James from Rivals:

Ht:5'11"
Wt:218 lbs
40:4.45 secs
Bench Max:315
Squat Max:485

You do realize that those are reasonable numbers for an NFL running back don't you?:rolleyes:

xray10
10-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Jamal James from Rivals:

Ht:5'11"
Wt:218 lbs
Bench Max:315
Squat Max:485

You do realize that those are reasonable numbers for an NFL running back don't you?:rolleyes:

i don't get the connection to brooks haack.

no way james runs this fast...
i'll bet he don't get as many yards as boomer did
when cinco plays katy.

salsashark
10-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Some of the mirror part:

When my kitty looks in the mirror he sees a TIGER!

Katy06Tiger
10-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Did you know Lee Hall, Bryan Iselt, Taylor Stuckey? My bro is John Bradford, is your age just graduated a yr later.

Yep knew all of them. Had theatre tech with your brother.

Austin109
10-28-2011, 07:03 PM
i dont get the connection to brooks haack

no way james runs this fast...
i'll bet he don't get as many yards as boomer did
when cinco plays katy.

Because his post wasnt in reference to brooks but to twcp saying that the RB at Cinco cant match up to the defenses of the woodz and lufkin.

Id bet he doesnt get the amount of carries white got either.