PDA

View Full Version : AMC @ Copperas Cove and Poll

covedawgfan
10-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Many thought this game would be the deciding game for the district Championship, but the possibility still exists for Co-Champions in the district. AMC and Cove enter this game at 4-0 with the winner taking a giant step toward being the district champion. It looks like the two teams are evenly matched based on wins against common district foes. I haven't looked at the comparision of stats but will and give my thoughts on that later. I pick Cove to win in a very close hard fought game, mainly becuase AMC travels to Cove for this game. Bulldawg Stadium is a tough place for visiting teams to win. So I am saying this game maybe decided by one TD or a FG. I'll make a score predcition later on, but I tend to think both will score in excess of 30 points. What are your thoughts and prediciton?

Paige70
10-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Good luck to both of your teams!

Mesquite Horn will be waiting for one of you come week 1 of the post season! ;)

Go Jags!

covedawgfan
10-15-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't thik you will see AMC, they will be in the are large school division of the play offs, you will probably face Copperas Cove again in Bi-District play, regardless of the outcome of this Cove-AMC game. I look forward to a the third time these two teams meet. The record is 1-1 with Horn giving Cove a bloody nose and a black eye last year, I don't see a repeat of that game.

bigjoe
10-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Anybody that wants to see this game needs to be at the administration building Monday morning to get tickets. Fans will be hanging from the rafters for this one.

GoDawgs35
10-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Covedawgfan; I think I did a pretty good job in calling that Bryan game so here goes. I think Coveís overall Defensive team speed overwhelmed Bryaní offensive line I counted 5 players going down Reggie Hamton, Darian Childers, and Josh lyons ran that kid number 78 crazy and they were in that backfield all night long. Now like I said about that game, the same stands true, if Cove use their Defensive overall team Speed as they did against Bryan A&M will be in for a long night and I didnít know this until Friday night Cove has a deep bench at all positions. We already know the offense has a ton of weapons, and I just canít see any team in the 12-5A stopping them all. I take Cove in a tight one Eli Khuns Coveís kicker will be the difference in this one:)

Many thought this game would be the deciding game for the district Championship, but the possibility still exists for Co-Champions in the district. AMC and Cove enter this game at 4-0 with the winner taking a giant step toward being the district champion. It looks like the two teams are evenly matched based on wins against common district foes. I haven't looked at the comparision of stats but will and give my thoughts on that later. I pick Cove to win in a very close hard fought game, mainly becuase AMC travels to Cove for this game. Bulldawg Stadium is a tough place for visiting teams to win. So I am saying this game maybe decided by one TD or a FG. I'll make a score predcition later on, but I tend to think both will score in excess of 30 points. What are your thoughts and prediciton?

CCDawgs
10-16-2011, 04:47 AM
I see a hard fought game with Cove putting it away with a late score. Something along the lines of 28-14. Should be a good one!

BTWiz
10-16-2011, 06:57 AM
OK.... let's see if my research holds up to another prediction....

Cove 34

AMC 32

Cove scares the faithful by giving up a 4th qtr lead... then thrills the hometown fans with a game winning TD with under 2 minutes to play. Cove wins district !!

covedawgfan
10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Covedawgfan; I think I did a pretty good job in calling that Bryan game so here goes. I think Coveís overall Defensive team speed overwhelmed Bryaní offensive line I counted 5 players going down Reggie Hamton, Darian Childers, and Josh lyons ran that kid number 78 crazy and they were in that backfield all night long. Now like I said about that game, the same stands true, if Cove use their Defensive overall team Speed as they did against Bryan A&M will be in for a long night and I didnít know this until Friday night Cove has a deep bench at all positions. We already know the offense has a ton of weapons, and I just canít see any team in the 12-5A stopping them all. I take Cove in a tight one Eli Khuns Coveís kicker will be the difference in this one:)

I like your take on the game, the OL will have to step it up even more against a AMC that has a very powerful ground game. But I agree with you, thanks for your input.

slcdragonfan
10-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Da' Cove.

Hammeroftruth
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
God knows I love the Dawgs. They've shown moments of brilliance and moments of utter stupidity through out the season. The last two weeks they've really come together as a program. Last week against Bryan they finally put the whole package together. Offense, defense, special teams-all did quite well last week. The Dawgs are looking good. 34-14 is not indicative of the @$$ whoopin' they put on Bryan. The vikes were overwhelmed. If they keep playing like that, they'll easily go 3 deep in the playoffs this year. However, they won't be doing it as 12-5A district champions. Consol will beat them...again. Coach Slaughter had the Dawgs' number. I'm sure he left it for the new coach at College Station...whatever his name is. Consol has the athletes to match up with Cove. It's just a matter of coaching at this point. I believe Consol's new coach will continue that tradition of stuffing the box and stopping the Cove run. I'm sure he'll go with the quick outside screen pass and render Cove's marginal pass defense useless. The secret is out. I want my Dawgs to win, but they have too many weaknesses in the passing game, on offense and defense. Consol wins 42-28.

Eldawgo
10-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Hammer, Hammer, Hammer....Oh ye of little...make that no faith. I'll tell you right now that the Dawgs will mesmerize the mighty Tigers this Friday night! Console will have a decent night against our defense but will not outscore the many assault teams of the Mightier DAWGS. They will not have an answer for our offensive arsenal or our special (forces) teams. It will be a hard fought game at the Dawghouse with Cove locking up district championship. Which doesn't mean much in the big scheme of things. The playoffs is what really matters. Oh and since I mentioned playoffs....the Dawgs will not be one and done this year. Go Dawgs!

bob1122
10-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Cove wins. I hope it's close just so they are brought down to earth some after a blow out.

covedawgfan
10-17-2011, 08:08 AM
. Coach Slaughter had the Dawgs' number. I'm sure he left it for the new coach at College Station...whatever his name is. Consol has the athletes to match up with Cove. It's just a matter of coaching at this point. I believe Consol's new coach will continue that tradition of stuffing the box and stopping the Cove run. I'm sure he'll go with the quick outside screen pass and render Cove's marginal pass defense useless. . Consol wins 42-28.

I sure don't know how a departed coach passes on his way of doing things to a new coach. I think Coaches always believe their way is the best. Regardless of that, Cove will have to play their best game of the season to win this game. It will be a tough battle, but I do give the Dawgs the edge in this game. Go Dawgs beat AMC!

consolfb&vb
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Eight fumbles, three lost. One interception. A 75 yard kick-off return. A blocked punt. Numerous penalities. All our mistakes; and we still shut out Shoemaker. Our 2nd shutout in district this year.

Our defense is playing well. The offense is getting better; have to eliminate the stupid mistakes.

That being said; this will be a dog fight, at the Dawg House. District championship aside, this is about getting both teams ready for the playoffs. We went three deep last year; and that was a fun ride. Both of these teams need to be prepared to do the same or better this year.

Looking forward to a good, well-played football game; no injuries.

Have to support son; Consol wins a close one...

covedawgfan
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Cove's Defense is coming of age at the right time, the 14 points that Byran scored were late in the 4th quarter, and one was a gift by a turnover from the 3rd Team QB. If AMC continues to fumble the ball as they did against Shoemaker the game could get out of hand for the Tigers.
Although Cove went one and out in last year's playoffs, Cove has had a good history of going deep in the playoffs, 4A Championships two years in a row, 5A Semi-Finals the year following. Last year's poor showing has the Bulldawgs remembering what can happen if they do not play their best, and the joys that follow when you play your best. I think Cove will play their best game of the year and win this match up between two of the district's best.
Consolb&vb, good post on you team, looking forward to the game, and welcoming you'll to the Dawg House, Go Dawgs, beat the Tigers!

covedawgfan
10-18-2011, 06:48 AM
It's Tuesday and Friday is just a few days away! The GOTW in District 12-5A will take place at Bulldawg Stadium Friday Night at 730PM. Both teams are undefeated in district play and this game will put the winner in the drivers seat for the district championship. The offensive scoring stats show Cove averages 45 points per game and AMC averages 32.4 per game. The Defensive stats show that Cove gives up 22.3 points per game and AMC gives up 19.1 points per game. Doing a little math it would seems that Cove wins by 9.4 points. With Cove playing at home I am going go give them .6 points and say that predict Cove to win this game by 10 points. Go Dawgs beat the Tigers!

Aggie
10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
As always this should be a great game between two playoff bound teams.

Since these two teams were placed in the same district this has always been a great game minus the first battle in 2002 when Consol won 42-7.

Consol holds a 5-2 advantage in the series having won 3 straight contest. Cove's last win in the series was back in 2005 (teams did not play in 2006-2007 as Cove was 4A). I cant think of another team with that kind of success against Welch..Slaughter had his number.

The Tigers look as if they have settled in under the new coach winning 4 straight after a tough 0-3 start to 3 pretty solid teams. I saw Cove play in week 1 in Southlake and even in the loss they were impressive as always.

Going to be interesting how the new coach approaches this game. Slaughter or not, you know Welch has circled this game since last summer. And you know the Consol Seniors wnat to go out having never lost to Cove.

Shoudl be great weather and a great atmosphere at Bulldawg Stadium for the District Championship between the two best teams in 12-5A year in and year out.

Aggie
10-18-2011, 10:58 AM
double post

covedawgfan
10-18-2011, 03:22 PM
As always this should be a great game between two playoff bound teams.

Since these two teams were placed in the same district this has always been a great game minus the first battle in 2002 when Consol won 42-7.

Consol holds a 5-2 advantage in the series having won 3 straight contest. Cove's last win in the series was back in 2005 (teams did not play in 2006-2007 as Cove was 4A). I cant think of another team with that kind of success against Welch..Slaughter had his number.

The Tigers look as if they have settled in under the new coach winning 4 straight after a tough 0-3 start to 3 pretty solid teams. I saw Cove play in week 1 in Southlake and even in the loss they were impressive as always.

Going to be interesting how the new coach approaches this game. Slaughter or not, you know Welch has circled this game since last summer. And you know the Consol Seniors wnat to go out having never lost to Cove.

Shoudl be great weather and a great atmosphere at Bulldawg Stadium for the District Championship between the two best teams in 12-5A year in and year out.

good post, I agree with what you shared. I am looking forward to a great game, it is always exciting.

covedawgfan
10-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Its Wednesday and Friday is getting closer. The poll at the top of this thread is getting closer, right now about 700AM Wednesday it is 16-10 Cove. But the game is not played on this thread or the stats or the newpapers, it played on the field, this time on the Bulldawgs Field. The two teams played Temple, Bryan, and Ellsion with about the same margin of success (that is points scored and points allowed). It looks like the Cove Offensive can put more points on the board and the AMC Defense can keep points off the board. All in all I think the two teams will match up fairly equal. Cove has to cut down on the fumbles and penalities and create opportunites by agressive defensive play in order for Cove to Win. I still think the biggest advantage Cove has is the game is in Copperas Cove---I believe Bulldawg Staduim and the home crowd will give the Bulldawgs a one TD edge. But the Dawgs will need to play an outstanding game. Go Dawgs, Beat the Tigers!

bob1122
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Cove's Defense is coming of age at the right time, the 14 points that Byran scored were late in the 4th quarter, and one was a gift by a turnover from the 3rd Team QB. If AMC continues to fumble the ball as they did against Shoemaker the game could get out of hand for the Tigers.
Although Cove went one and out in last year's playoffs, Cove has had a good history of going deep in the playoffs, 4A Championships two years in a row, 5A Semi-Finals the year following. Last year's poor showing has the Bulldawgs remembering what can happen if they do not play their best, and the joys that follow when you play your best. I think Cove will play their best game of the year and win this match up between two of the district's best.
Consolb&vb, good post on you team, looking forward to the game, and welcoming you'll to the Dawg House, Go Dawgs, beat the Tigers!
I hope this is their best game SO FAR :D

My November and December Friday's have been very boring these past two years.

covedawgfan
10-19-2011, 12:31 PM
I hope this is their best game SO FAR :D

My November and December Friday's have been very boring these past two years.

I fully understand. We had a good run for three years in a row, but the past two have been very short lived. I am ready for another run where the Bulldawgs are in the picture.

Aggie
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I think all of 12-5A needs to step it up in the playoffs.

In the last three years, since the current district has been together, we are 7-12 overall in postseason. By the years

2008- 4-4. Only Copperas Cove advances past Bi-District losing in Semifinals
2009- 1-4 only Belton advances past Bi-District losing in Area Round
2010- 2-4 only A&M Consol advances past Bi-District losing in Regional Round

Consol and Cove have teams year in and year out to make runs in the postseason at least till round 3 with deeper runs occurring every 5-6 years. Both have lost out in first round two of the last three years.
Belton and Bryan really need to come through for this district in the postseason... with all the talent and coaching in those schools and they have combined for one postseason win the last three years...they need to be at 5 wins combined.

Would be really nice to see Temple get back on track in football. The town of Temple is in a decline and "good" athletes are simply not in Temple anymore.

Killeen ISD has destroyed their once proud athletic teams across the board. I believe Channon Hall if given the right amount of time will turn Shoemaker into a winner. He's a young energetic coach and he played and learned under one of the best in the High School football for getting the most out of his players, Ross Rogers when he was at A&M Consolidated in the late 80's to mid 90's and making State Title runs every year. Rogers won 14 games with a team picked to finish last in district, he won a State Title with a team picked to finish 3rd in district. He won 14 games 4 years in a row (first in UIL to do so) with teams short on size and speed 3 out of those 4 years. He beat teams bigger, faster and much stronger than ACM such as Austin Westlake, Odessa Permian, PNG, Bay City, La Marque, Gregory Portland, etc...

I also believe Mike Mullins at Harker Heights can get Heights to where they were when they first opened under Rogers. Mullins did very well at Cameron and he also learned from Ross Rogers as he coached at Consol till 1992.

I believe both Hall and Mullins can learn a great deal from Welch as he has established a consistent winner in central Texas.

I hope Friday is a preview of whats to come in the postseason from 12-5A Consol- Cove should be a great HS football game between two teams fully capable of putting together some postseason wins.

BeltonTigerFan
10-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Would be really nice to see Temple get back on track in football. The town of Temple is in a decline and "good" athletes are simply not in Temple anymore.

Temple has plenty of talent. They sure looked talented to me last friday. And, now they have a coach.

DawgDave
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Cove needs to cut down on the penalities. Way too many penalties for this time of the year. I realize they are just being aggressive, but use your heads.
Last year Conso stacked the box because they knew we couldn't pass. This year the passing game is much improved. It still isn't great, but hit a couple passes early on and it will loosen up the Tigers' defense. If Cove's D plays like they did last week, the Dawgs will win. If the Cove keeps having all those stupid penalities, A&M will win.
That said - I pick Cove is a dawgfight - 24-17.

corycone33
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I think all of 12-5A needs to step it up in the playoffs.

In the last three years, since the current district has been together, we are 7-12 overall in postseason. By the years

2008- 4-4. Only Copperas Cove advances past Bi-District losing in Semifinals
2009- 1-4 only Belton advances past Bi-District losing in Area Round
2010- 2-4 only A&M Consol advances past Bi-District losing in Regional Round

Consol and Cove have teams year in and year out to make runs in the postseason at least till round 3 with deeper runs occurring every 5-6 years. Both have lost out in first round two of the last three years.
Belton and Bryan really need to come through for this district in the postseason... with all the talent and coaching in those schools and they have combined for one postseason win the last three years...they need to be at 5 wins combined.

Killeen ISD has destroyed their once proud athletic teams across the board. I believe Channon Hall if given the right amount of time will turn Shoemaker into a winner. He's a young energetic coach and he played and learned under one of the best in the High School football for getting the most out of his players, Ross Rogers when he was at A&M Consolidated in the late 80's to mid 90's and making State Title runs every year. Rogers won 14 games with a team picked to finish last in district, he won a State Title with a team picked to finish 3rd in district. He won 14 games 4 years in a row (first in UIL to do so) with teams short on size and speed 3 out of those 4 years. He beat teams bigger, faster and much stronger than ACM such as Austin Westlake, Odessa Permian, PNG, Bay City, La Marque, Gregory Portland, etc...

I also believe Mike Mullins at Harker Heights can get Heights to where they were when they first opened under Rogers. Mullins did very well at Cameron and he also learned from Ross Rogers as he coached at Consol till 1992.

I believe both Hall and Mullins can learn a great deal from Welch as he has established a consistent winner in central Texas.

I hope Friday is a preview of whats to come in the postseason from 12-5A Consol- Cove should be a great HS football game between two teams fully capable of putting together some postseason wins.

disagree with the comment about temple not having anymore athletes.Temple is showing that they have athletes. We haven't had the coaching in along time. The athletes have all quit. With this coaching change alone there have been 30 more kids come out for football this season for varsity. We have close to 70 on JV. last year we had about 33. Spradlin is doing wonders in his first year. This is not a one year wonder. This is just the begining for Temple. They were picked 7th and probably will end up getting 3rd. Temple will be a force from now on, as long as spradlin is here. The kids are excited and passing all of thier classes. It hasn't been that way in a long time. It does wonders for the kids to know that the coaches really care. They see that. It makes them try harder on and off the field.I am truly happy for the temple kids again. They deserve the best, and They finally have it. They have a coach and coaches that have DISCIPLINE, and will be able to mold athletes starting in the middleschools. They have done wonders with zach. Would of never thought he could be this good.

PermianPanther
10-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Go Cove from Odessa!

bryanvikings
10-19-2011, 07:56 PM
disagree with the comment about temple not having anymore athletes.Temple is showing that they have athletes. We haven't had the coaching in along time. The athletes have all quit. With this coaching change alone there have been 30 more kids come out for football this season for varsity. We have close to 70 on JV. last year we had about 33. Spradlin is doing wonders in his first year. This is not a one year wonder. This is just the begining for Temple. They were picked 7th and probably will end up getting 3rd. Temple will be a force from now on, as long as spradlin is here. The kids are excited and passing all of thier classes. It hasn't been that way in a long time. It does wonders for the kids to know that the coaches really care. They see that. It makes them try harder on and off the field.I am truly happy for the temple kids again. They deserve the best, and They finally have it. They have a coach and coaches that have DISCIPLINE, and will be able to mold athletes starting in the middleschools. They have done wonders with zach. Would of never thought he could be this good.

Exactly what we need down here. A clean slate and wipe out this coaching staff with a better one similar to Spradlin. We have talent and D1 prospects but they dont have DISCIPLINE at all. Until then we will show signs of "what could of been" but end up 4-6 or 5-5, just another average team getting knocked out of the playoffs in round 1 every year. Which Im guessing the booster club likes???

bryanvikings
10-19-2011, 08:03 PM

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?c=45 Great Story:notworthy

corycone33
10-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Exactly what we need down here. A clean slate and wipe out this coaching staff with a better one similar to Spradlin. We have talent and D1 prospects but they dont have DISCIPLINE at all. Until then we will show signs of "what could of been" but end up 4-6 or 5-5, just another average team getting knocked out of the playoffs in round 1 every year. Which Im guessing the booster club likes???

Ya. It really feels good after so many yrs of temple being one of the worst teams in 5A. I have always respected Bryan. I have always been weary of them. Your right. They have alot of talent. Reminds me of the waco teams with Tusa. I still am worried the last game of the season. Believe me when I say, I feel your frustration. I guarantee it wouldn't take much to get Bryan started. Hope you guys find what your looking for.

bryanvikings
10-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Ya. It really feels good after so many yrs of temple being one of the worst teams in 5A. I have always respected Bryan. I have always been weary of them. Your right. They have alot of talent. Reminds me of the waco teams with Tusa. I still am worried the last game of the season. Believe me when I say, I feel your frustration. I guarantee it wouldn't take much to get Bryan started. Hope you guys find what your looking for.

I sure hope so too, I hate to say this but I really wouldnt mind us losing the rest of these games to have a reason to take look at the coaching position. But as always every year there is some luck win that leads them to playoffs only to be killed by Desoto which somehow keeps him around. I just dont understand and I guess never will until change comes about!

corycone33
10-19-2011, 08:25 PM
I sure hope so too, I hate to say this but I really wouldnt mind us losing the rest of these games to have a reason to take look at the coaching position. But as always every year there is some luck win that leads them to playoffs only to be killed by Desoto which somehow keeps him around. I just dont understand and I guess never will until change comes about!

first of all. Desoto is a bad match up for anyone. 2nd of all, I really do feel bad for you.I had those same feelings. It took a coach going 19-43 to finally make a change. I was mad and frustrated for yrs. During this period we had our first 0-10 season in the history of Temple football. I thought that might get the change, nothing for the next 6yrs. Temple a once proud program that teams feared, to a team that people joked about, and put as thier homecoming game.

bryanvikings
10-19-2011, 08:32 PM
first of all. Desoto is a bad match up for anyone. 2nd of all, I really do feel bad for you.I had those same feelings. It took a coach going 19-43 to finally make a change. I was mad and frustrated for yrs. During this period we had our first 0-10 season in the history of Temple football. I thought that might get the change, nothing for the next 6yrs. Temple a once proud program that teams feared, to a team that people joked about, and put as thier homecoming game.

Well yeah your right about Desoto, but I do think Spradlin has them going in the right direction and if they do make playoffs u have my support. Since I have a few cousins that play for them currently varsity/freshman and plus my Dad did back when teams actually feared them.

corycone33
10-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Well yeah your right about Desoto, but I do think Spradlin has them going in the right direction and if they do make playoffs u have my support. Since I have a few cousins that play for them currently varsity/freshman and plus my Dad did back when teams actually feared them.

I appreciate that. That is pretty cool. I guess that game may mean alittle bit more for family bragging rights for a year.

God,Family&Football
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't thik you will see AMC, they will be in the are large school division of the play offs, you will probably face Copperas Cove again in Bi-District play, regardless of the outcome of this Cove-AMC game. I look forward to a the third time these two teams meet. The record is 1-1 with Horn giving Cove a bloody nose and a black eye last year, I don't see a repeat of that game.

You didn't see it comin last year either! lol :yes:

Good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the regular season.

bryanvikings
10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I appreciate that. That is pretty cool. I guess that game may mean alittle bit more for family bragging rights for a year.

Yea I guess it could.:D I give temple the edge as of right now though.

corycone33
10-19-2011, 08:59 PM

what yrs did your dad play?

bryanvikings
10-19-2011, 09:16 PM
what yrs did your dad play?

I wanna say 78-80.

corycone33
10-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I wanna say 78-80.

I would say those were really good yrs. 1979 rolled in betwen them, kenneth davis!
I was 5 yrs old when they won state in 79

bryanvikings
10-19-2011, 09:26 PM
I would say those were really good yrs. 1979 rolled in betwen them, kenneth davis!
I was 5 yrs old when they won state in 79

Yea I was told those years could of produced a three-peat.:eek:

covedawgfan
10-20-2011, 07:41 AM
You didn't see it comin last year either! lol :yes:

Good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the regular season.

Not quite ready to talk playoffs, but you are right, I don't think anyone saw Horn running past Cove last year with the ease they did. I think your district is very tough from top to bottom, and our Bi-District games prove that. But, now Cove needs to focus on their own district race, next up AMC.

covedawgfan
10-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Its Thursday and Football Friday in tomorrow! I see as of 700AM this morning that most of the posters on this thread are still picking Cove to win. I am one of the posters that pick Cove to win this game. I know that AMC has had Cove's number the last three years and that causes some great concern to see if the Dawgs can avoid being snake bit again. But there was a Coaching change in Tigertown and although the new coach has the team playing like AMC teams of the past era, I don't know if the new Coach has Welch's number. The Dawgs have improved their passing game, their ground game features three very good backs, the defense has stepped up, and the Dawgs are at home in the Dawg Pound. I think Cove will be up for the visiting Tigers this year. Cove still has to play a game with less penalities, especailly on plays which produce TDs. And they have to cut out the fumbles. If they do those two important things they will be able to win this game with the strength of the rest of their game. Go Dawgs, Beat the Tigers!

covedawgfan
10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
It Football Friday! Some questions to be answered tonight: 1. Can Copperas Cove break the three game losing streak to AMC? 2. Can AMC's Defensive Line contain Cove's Trio of running backs? 3. Can Cove's Defensive conatin AMC's strong running game with their two dynamic backs? 4. Will Cove be able to complete some passes to keep AMC from stacking the box? 5. Will AMC have to pass to open up the run? 6. Can Cove keep from making so many mistakes, Fumbles and Penalites? 7. Can AMC keep from making so many mistakes, Fumbles and Penalites? 8. Whose kicking game will prove most effective? All to be answered tonight at Bulldawg Stadium, kick off in 7 hours. Go Dawgs Beat the Tigers!

CCDawgs
10-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Should be a great game! Wish I could make it, but cant! Going to have to settle for updates on my phone!

pig'skin
10-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Cove wins big tonight; AMC is getting better, but lose tonight by at least 17. Both these teams should have lost to Temple; the difference is Cove played sloppy against Temple, where AMC played well and were lucky Temple fell apart.

Slotback
10-21-2011, 07:16 PM
The Consol team that played Temple and the Consol team of the last couple of weeks have been 2 different animals.

Consol in a close one tonight.

GoDawgs35
10-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Well cove dog fan we did it again I said that Eli would be the difference and he was, I also said before the they need to hire a new offensive coordinator . With 9 in the box cove still tried to run. Yes they won but they were one mistake or big play from a loss. On a different note the defense played well but again they play into the opposition hands.

covedawgfan
10-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Cove wins in a very tight one 23-21. Both teams committed costly mistakes (penalites and fumbles) that helped the other team. AMC is a very good team, large up front on both sides of the ball and two very good running backs. Cove won and the win was not fluke, Cove could have made another 6-10 more points to add to their score, but regardless of the score this Cove fan is happy just to get the win over this fine team. Go Dawgs, let's get ready for the ever improving Greywolves.
:heli:

18handicap
10-21-2011, 10:51 PM
It was a great game! Wish we would have won, but both teams should be proud of their efforts! The only negative thing tonight is that I forgot to take my LSU stuff off of my truck and it was all stolen along with my LSU license plates. Hope I don't get a ticket going home. Thanks to the person who did that.

covedawgfan
10-21-2011, 11:11 PM
It was a great game! Wish we would have won, but both teams should be proud of their efforts! The only negative thing tonight is that I forgot to take my LSU stuff off of my truck and it was all stolen along with my LSU license plates. Hope I don't get a ticket going home. Thanks to the person who did that.

sorry for the theft you experienced, I wish it hadn't happend in our town. Best of luck for you team in the playoffs, you'll have very good team.

iluvit73
10-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Well cove dog fan we did it again I said that Eli would be the difference and he was, I also said before the they need to hire a new offensive coordinator . With 9 in the box cove still tried to run. Yes they won but they were one mistake or big play from a loss. On a different note the defense played well but again they play into the opposition hands.
great win, but we almost lost. i knew they were going to fake that punt. thank god the defense responded. i hate when our offense is to conservative. running against a wall over and over. we cant always win with a predictable offense. why cant they have a few screens or spread there defense and run the ball then. dont understand the play calling. should of scored at halftime and had a little more scoring, but thats the way it goes. eli is awesome. anyway i am happy our dawgs won.

Hammeroftruth
10-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Cove wins big tonight; AMC is getting better, but lose tonight by at least 17. Both these teams should have lost to Temple; the difference is Cove played sloppy against Temple, where AMC played well and were lucky Temple fell apart.
If they both should've lost, then they would've. Bottom line- both teams beat Temple. You can't use common opponents as a measuring stick for any game. Both teams lined up and played each other tonight. Cove came out on top. Temple had nothing to do with it.

bob1122
10-22-2011, 07:17 AM
great win, but we almost lost. i knew they were going to fake that punt. thank god the defense responded. i hate when our offense is to conservative. running against a wall over and over. we cant always win with a predictable offense. why cant they have a few screens or spread there defense and run the ball then. dont understand the play calling. should of scored at halftime and had a little more scoring, but thats the way it goes. eli is awesome. anyway i am happy our dawgs won.
After all these years of dealing with Tracy Welch you shouldn't be surprised.

covedawgfan
10-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Understand your comment, I saw 11 AMC players on defense within 7-8 yards of the line of scrimmage all night long. AMC knew the Dawgs would only pass a few times. However on the positive side, we did see a "few" wrinkles in the offensive game plan. Dewald's pass to Thomas, Thomas' TD pass to Gibson, they were different and helped in the win. I agree the Dawgs could have scored either a TD or FG in the closing seconds of the 1st half, but the errant snap prevented that opportunity. And we could have scored another FG in the closing seconds but the normally accurate Kuhns missed that close in one. Oh well, I echo your comment: I am happy our dawgs won.

covedawgfan
10-22-2011, 09:04 AM
For all you Bulldawgs fans, there is a good article on last night's game on line at Brazos Sports. The writer gives an accurate account of the game.

SLC13
10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Cove wins in a very tight one 23-21. Both teams committed costly mistakes (penalites and fumbles) that helped the other team. AMC is a very good team, large up front on both sides of the ball and two very good running backs. Cove won and the win was not fluke, Cove could have made another 6-10 more points to add to their score, but regardless of the score this Cove fan is happy just to get the win over this fine team. Go Dawgs, let's get ready for the ever improving Greywolves.
:heli:

CDF, Congrats on the big win!! Does that one make Cove the district champion??

Eldawgo
10-22-2011, 10:41 AM
We should win District if we win our last 2 games. Shoemaker next Friday then Heights the last game. We know that we'll get their "A" game. We always do. So......again, we should take district. Go Dawgs!

covedawgfan
10-22-2011, 10:52 AM
CDF, Congrats on the big win!! Does that one make Cove the district champion??

It puts us in the lead, but we still have Shoemaker and Harker Heights to play, in district games every team does their best to beat the Dawgs, just like the teams in your district bring their A game against the Dragons. Cove "should" win the District Title but a loss would make them Co-Champions with AMC. But we always hope for the best. Go Luck for the rest of the season.

SLC13
10-22-2011, 12:18 PM
It puts us in the lead, but we still have Shoemaker and Harker Heights to play, in district games every team does their best to beat the Dawgs, just like the teams in your district bring their A game against the Dragons. Cove "should" win the District Title but a loss would make them Co-Champions with AMC. But we always hope for the best. Go Luck for the rest of the season.

Yeah this year especially, we have had a number of close district games. Of course some of that is due to our own inconsistent play. Anyway, again congrats on the big win and good luck for the rest of the season!!

Paige70
10-22-2011, 04:08 PM
As it stands Mesquite Horn should be facing Copperas Cove in round 1.

This will be a very interesting match up because Horn is starting to peak at the right time.

After last nights Draw in a shoot out and eventually an OT loss to the #1 ranked team, the #10 team should start to get ready for us?

Maybe even lose a couple on purpose to avoid us...(JK), as we are getting scary good at the right time, which will make the D2 playoff run fun to watch!

Good luck to you guys!