PDA

View Full Version : Cy-Fair vs. Cy-Falls, a 17-5A Clash of Titans

Bobcat81
10-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I don’t think one could ask for more of a traditional “Classic Showdown” between two Texas High School football teams than what is scheduled to take place this Friday, Oct. 14th, at Ken Pridgeon Stadium.

Cy-Falls, will field what could arguably be one of the strongest and most balanced teams it has had in its seventeen year history. Perhaps even better than the highly touted 2006 team that took them to the State Finals. Cy-Fair on the other hand, is trending toward that same reputation this year with not only a solid ground pounding offense, but what could possibly be their best defense to march on the field in decades, or perhaps, in Cy-Fair history.

These two Titans of 17-5A are almost a mirror image of one another respectively, and are set to square off this weekend to decide who is going to be the front runner in the district for the remainder of the 2011 season.

#11 Cy-Fair – (6-0, 5-0)
However a far cry from the excitement filled days of Sam McGuffie, the Bobcats have not put together a more solid unit offensively than what they have assembled this year. A multi-lettering O-Line with size and experience, a confident QB, a set of skilled WR's, and experience at RB that runs three seasons deep. A first team defense that has given up a mere (2) touchdowns since the kickoff of the season, and a seasoned secondary with a tremendous amount of depth that have (10) INT’s under their belt. Statistically, it would be tough to say the Bobcats have not had such a balance of power this strong since the 1985 team that lost to Odessa Permian 10-7, at the (State Semifinals) in Cowboys Stadium.

Defense – 4-2-5
Pass – 715 TTL Yds (6 Games)
Rush – 429 TTL Yds (6 Games)
PAPG - 6 (Rank #2)
INT’s – 11 (1 TD)

Offense – Multiple Scheme (I Set, Offset I, Single Back)
PPG – 31.7 (Rank #71)
Pass – 492 Yds (71 Att’s)
Rush – 1,461 Yds (226 Att’s)
TD’s – 23
INT’s – 1

#9 Cy-Falls – (6-0, 5-0)
Has an Offense that is absolutely loaded with talent. A true “Dual Threat” QB, illusive RB with tremendous speed and agility, highly skilled WR’s, and a beast of an O-Line. This 2011 Falls defense is one of the better defenses that has ever taken the field, giving up a mere 11.8 points per game since the start of the season. The 2006 (State Finals) team had given up 22 points per game up to this point in the season, while the offense averaged 32.5.

Defense – Variable 3-4-4, 4-3-4
Pass – 722 TTL Yds (6 Games)
Rush – 1105 TTL Yds (6 Games)
PAPG - 11.8 (Rank #10)
INT’s - 4

Offense – Spread
PPG – 33.8 (Rank #53)
Pass – 1,179 Yds (115 Att’s)
Rush – 1,244 Yds (148 Att’s)
TD’s – 25
INT’s – 4

Also, the similarities between these two teams are telling in the scope of "Offensive" & "Defensive" scoring with common opponents;

Common Opponents – Scores

Cy-Woods
Cy-Fair-W 14-0
Cy-Falls-W 28-12

Cy-Ridge
Cy-Fair-W 26-7
Cy-Falls-W 28-0

Cy-Creek
Cy-Fair-W 17-3
Cy-Falls-W 20-13

Cy-Springs
Cy-Fair-W 52-7
Cy-Falls-W 52-12

Truly, this on-going district "Rivaly" between Cy-Fair & Cy-Falls has all the markings of a battle of Epic proportions, and one certainly not to be missed. It is not often that we get to see two teams with this much talent, and this much at stake, come together and square off. Many here in the district have waited all season for this matchup to come around. Well, finally, here it is..Week "Lucky 7",...but for whom?

Game time: Friday, Oct. 14th, 7:00pm
Loc: Ken Pridgeon Stadium (CFISD)

Thoughts?

cfisdbacker
10-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I don’t think one could ask for more of a traditional “Classic Showdown” between two Texas High School football teams than what is scheduled to take place this Friday, Oct. 14th, at Ken Pridgeon Stadium.

Cy-Falls, will field what could arguably be one of the strongest and most balanced teams it has had in its seventeen year history. Perhaps even better than the highly touted 2006 team that took them to the State Finals. Cy-Fair on the other hand, is trending toward that same reputation this year with not only a solid ground pounding offense, but what could possibly be their best defense to march on the field in decades, or perhaps, in Cy-Fair history.

These two Titans of 17-5A are almost a mirror image of one another respectively, and are set to square off this weekend to decide who is going to be the front runner in the district for the remainder of the 2011 season.

#11 Cy-Fair – (6-0, 5-0)
However a far cry from the excitement filled days of Sam McGuffie, the Bobcats have not put together a more solid unit offensively than what they have assembled this year. A multi-lettering O-Line with size and experience, a confident QB, a set of skilled WR's, and experience at RB that runs three seasons deep. A first team defense that has given up a mere (2) touchdowns since the kickoff of the season, and a seasoned secondary with a tremendous amount of depth that have (10) INT’s under their belt. Statistically, it would be tough to say the Bobcats have not had such a balance of power this strong since the 1985 team that lost to Odessa Permian 10-7, at the (State Semifinals) in Cowboys Stadium.

Defense – 4-2-5
PAPG - 6 (Rank #2)
INT’s – 11 (1 TD)

PPG – 31.7 (Rank #71)
TD’s – 23
INT’s – 1

#9 Cy-Falls – (6-0, 5-0)
Has an Offense that is absolutely loaded with talent. A true “Dual Threat” QB, illusive RB with tremendous speed and agility, highly skilled WR’s, and a beast of an O-Line. This 2011 Falls defense is one of the better defenses that has ever taken the field, giving up a mere 11.8 points per game since the start of the season. The 2006 (State Finals) team had given up 22 points per game up to this point in the season, while the offense averaged 32.5.

PAPG - 11.8 (Rank #10)
INT’s - 4

Offense – Spread
PPG – 33.8 (Rank #53)
TD’s – 25
INT’s – 4

Also, the similarities between these two teams are telling in the scope of "Offensive" & "Defensive" scoring with common opponents;

Cy-Woods
Cy-Fair-W 14-0
Cy-Falls-W 28-12

Cy-Ridge
Cy-Fair-W 26-7
Cy-Falls-W 28-0

Cy-Creek
Cy-Fair-W 17-3
Cy-Falls-W 20-13

Cy-Springs
Cy-Fair-W 52-7
Cy-Falls-W 52-12

Truly, this on-going district "Rivaly" between Cy-Fair & Cy-Falls has all the markings of a battle of Epic proportions, and one certainly not to be missed. It is not often that we get to see two teams with this much talent, and this much at stake, come together and square off. Many here in the district have waited all season for this matchup to come around. Well, finally, here it is..Week "Lucky 7",...but for whom?

Thoughts?

Should be a great game!!!

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Great and in depth post CF81. This game reminds me of 2006 when they went to battle and we won with that gutsy 2 point play. However, Falls I know was not undefeated in that game. This year both are. This one seems much larger than that 2206 game even. I, too, think this team is better all around than our state team (although they are still very special :)). This game will be a great defensive match but both have offenses that could open it wide if that chance is given. They are so evenly matched. The thing with me is, Fair is seriously my second favorite team and school in Texas - I like the Bobcats so much and want them to do well - with the large and glaring exception of this week.;).

GO EAGLES!!! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!!

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Great and in depth post CF81. This game reminds me of 2006 when they went to battle and we won with that gutsy 2 point play. However, Falls I know was not undefeated in that game. This year both are. This one seems much larger than that 2206 game even. I, too, think this team is better all around than our state team (although they are still very special :)). This game will be a great defensive match but both have offenses that could open it wide if that chance is given. They are so evenly matched. The thing with me is, Fair is seriously my second favorite team and school in Texas - I like the Bobcats so much and want them to do well - with the large and glaring exception of this week.;).

GO EAGLES!!! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!!

Interesting.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM

#11 Cy-Fair – (6-0, 5-0)

Defense – 4-2-5
PAPG - 6 (Rank #2)
INT’s – 11 (1 TD)

PPG – 31.7 (Rank #71)
TD’s – 23
INT’s – 1

#9 Cy-Falls – (6-0, 5-0)

PAPG - 11.8 (Rank #10)
INT’s - 4

Offense – Spread
PPG – 33.8 (Rank #53)
TD’s – 25
INT’s – 4

Cy-Woods
Cy-Fair-W 14-0
Cy-Falls-W 28-12

Cy-Ridge
Cy-Fair-W 26-7
Cy-Falls-W 28-0

Cy-Creek
Cy-Fair-W 17-3
Cy-Falls-W 20-13

Cy-Springs
Cy-Fair-W 52-7
Cy-Falls-W 52-12

Thoughts?

TGO and LTGO will be in attendance. Not sure who will win, though I think Falls might have the edge (due to dual-threat QB). Has all the makings to be a slug-fest... low scoring. Been waiting to see the Bobcats, all year.

Austin109
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I think Fails takes this one in what will be a close match til the 4th quarter. I think Fails goes into the 4th up slightly and Fair tries to get fancy and Fails will take advantage.

My personal reasons for picking Fails - Balanced O, more difficult O to prepare for, fairly even rushing stats on half the yards, far more through the air, and a defense better suited to stopping the opponent IMO.

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 04:52 PM
TGO and LTGO will be in attendance. Not sure who will win, though I think Falls might have the edge (due to dual-threat QB). Has all the makings to be a slug-fest... low scoring. Been waiting to see the Bobcats, all year.

O' strike up the band.

Super B
10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

smw358
10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
O' strike up the band.

I don't know about the band bidness............but I do like you signature quote.........;)

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Interesting.

Much more balanced. Our offense was better then but the defense was not as good as this one IMO. And this offense is comparable - just not as high scoring. LC is a scoring machine - to hold them to 22 was amazing. It takes a lot for me to say this team is or might be better - that's my all time fave team and this team still hasn't reached the pinnacle that team did so time will tell. However, this one seems different than any other Falls team - very focused and driven. It's almost like they have a zen master in the locker room....has anyone seen Phil Jackson lately?:). I won't mention the undefeated part (6-0 btw) because that means nothing really. Cy Creek went undefeated and lost the first playoff game. So, each and every game is important. But the 2006 team lost 3 and look what they did so that doesn't really matter much in the end. I would love to see an undefeated season but I would much rather see them go all the way to state. If they can do both - that would be something to behold!!

ktCarl
10-09-2011, 06:18 PM
NO! Not in Pridgeon?!?!?!?!!?!?

I need to buy some infrared binoculars to watch a game at Pridgeon.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Great write-up and intro to this game, bcf81.:notworthy

This is truly an anticipated match-up this week. Not only in the district, but one that I believe the Region has been keeping an eye out for a few weeks. (I'll tell you that joke next time I see you.;))

Two very evenly matched teams (top tier R3) in this match-up. Very even stats, BUT stats reached in differnet approaches. It will be interesting to see who prevails in this battle.

Even though we have all defended the defensive efforts put forth in this district, we have the reputation of all offense and no defense, due to the high powered offenses we have to deal with week in and week out. But this year, we have two teams with among the lowest PAPG in the state. Fair is tied with Katy for #1 and Falls stands at #10. Imagine that.....Fair tied for #1, tied with Katy, and they have to play in the "Offense Only" district while Katy plays who they do.

About the Approaches:

Fair

Offensively.....
Seem to approach games with run first, use the play action to keep teams honest and get a few big gains.

Defensively....
They will shut down a run game and have a secondary to challenge most teams.

Falls

Offensively.....
They have moved to a point of establishing the run as opposed to thier past "pass...pass....passsssss". They have a running back in Brice Peters who runs north and south with speed and power. Once he gets past you, you ain't gonna lay a hand on him. Falls has the OL to support this game plan this year. Falls has some outstanding receiver specimens. When watching Falls in 7o7 in College Station this summer, C-Dub was crapping down his leg to see THREE WO's at 6'+ with 4.4 speed lined up side by side. Key will be the QB Mitchell being able to stay calm and hit the receivers when he throws.

Defensively.....
Front line is stout...size and speed! LB's with good size and mobility that can play the run or the pass. DB's....utterly outstanding! Speed, size, ATTITUDE! Gator arms were coming out in last week's game.;) I expect them to bunch the box this week in the 4-3-4 for Fair's run game.

Personal opinion of this game....Fair has the better D to stop the run.....Falls has the better ability to go to the passing game. Fair has the better run game....Falls D can handle it.:cool:

In the end.....28-21 Falls.:cool:

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
O' strike up the band.

What would be appropriate?

jc84chill
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Great post, bobcat...

You can bet there will be a good sized neutral crowd for this one.

My two bros and I will be there for sure. I would imagine quite a few others as well.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Great post, bobcat...

You can bet there will be a good sized neutral crowd for this one.

My two bros and I will be there for sure. I would imagine quite a few others as well.

Question is.....which side?:cool:

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 07:57 PM
What would be appropriate?

Something warm & Classic :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKvhxapM5zo&feature=related

jc84chill
10-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Question is.....which side?:cool:

The winning side. :yes:

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
NO! Not in Pridgeon?!?!?!?!!?!?

I need to buy some infrared binoculars to watch a game at Pridgeon.

Bring your night-visions.:rolleyes:

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Something warm & Classic :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKvhxapM5zo&feature=related

:rofl::yes:

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
The winning side. :yes:

Which is in your opinion? I will probably be sitting with bcf81 and bcf.:D

jc84chill
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Which is in your opinion? I will probably be sitting with bcf81 and bcf.:D

I will make my final decision for Games of the Week on Wed, but I'm leaning towards the Bobcats by 1 at this moment. I will likely flip-flop about 20 times before Wednesday though.

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Interesting.

Well that Sucks

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I will make my final decision for Games of the Week on Wed, but I'm leaning towards the Bobcats by 1 at this moment. I will likely flip-flop about 20 times before Wednesday though.

That's about how close this game will be.:cool:

Bobcat81
10-09-2011, 09:16 PM
O' strike up the band.

For their efforts thus far, i couldn't think of anything more appropriate for both teams at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jrdJeRWVhI

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
As of right now I will take Fair by about 17. Fair will be the best defense Falls has seen this season, by far, and the Falls offense only managing 27 against a Langham defense that is porous at best says a lot. Question will be can the Fair offense put up the points needed. I believe the Fair offense will be helped by their defense limiting Falls offense and giving Fair more touches. 17 may be a little high but adversity could play a part in that number.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
For their efforts thus far, i couldn't think of anything more appropriate for both teams at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jrdJeRWVhI

Nice job, bc81.:notworthy

Bobcat81
10-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Great write-up and intro to this game, bcf81.:notworthy

This is truly an anticipated match-up this week. Not only in the district, but one that I believe the Region has been keeping an eye out for a few weeks. (I'll tell you that joke next time I see you.;))

Two very evenly matched teams (top tier R3) in this match-up. Very even stats, BUT stats reached in differnet approaches. It will be interesting to see who prevails in this battle.

Even though we have all defended the defensive efforts put forth in this district, we have the reputation of all offense and no defense, due to the high powered offenses we have to deal with week in and week out. But this year, we have two teams with among the lowest PAPG in the state. Fair is tied with Katy for #1 and Falls stands at #10. Imagine that.....Fair tied for #1, tied with Katy, and they have to play in the "Offense Only" district while Katy plays who they do.

About the Approaches:

Fair

Offensively.....
Seem to approach games with run first, use the play action to keep teams honest and get a few big gains.

Defensively....
They will shut down a run game and have a secondary to challenge most teams.

Falls

Offensively.....
They have moved to a point of establishing the run as opposed to thier past "pass...pass....passsssss". They have a running back in Brice Peters who runs north and south with speed and power. Once he gets past you, you ain't gonna lay a hand on him. Falls has the OL to support this game plan this year. Falls has some outstanding receiver specimens. When watching Falls in 7o7 in College Station this summer, C-Dub was crapping down his leg to see THREE WO's at 6'+ with 4.4 speed lined up side by side. Key will be the QB Mitchell being able to stay calm and hit the receivers when he throws.

Defensively.....
Front line is stout...size and speed! LB's with good size and mobility that can play the run or the pass. DB's....utterly outstanding! Speed, size, ATTITUDE! Gator arms were coming out in last week's game.;) I expect them to bunch the box this week in the 4-3-4 for Fair's run game.

Personal opinion of this game....Fair has the better D to stop the run.....Falls has the better ability to go to the passing game. Fair has the better run game....Falls D can handle it.:cool:

In the end.....28-21 Falls.:cool:

Excellent post Booster..

We'll get a more indepth look at this game and the teams throughout the week. It's hard to imagine that such a large and spread out district will have been able to assemble the amount of talent (on both sides) that we're going to be seeing on Friday. Both teams have worked exceptionally hard to get where they are at, and where they are going. The anticipation can be almost overwhelming, as both teams are confident, eager, and ready to prove themselves.

Since programs have been scarce this year, i'll see about recongnizing the individual players by position to better familiarize ourselves to what we should be seeing on Friday.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 09:47 PM
As of right now I will take Fair by about 17. Fair will be the best defense Falls has seen this season, by far, and the Falls offense only managing 27 against a Langham defense that is porous at best says a lot. Question will be can the Fair offense put up the points needed. I believe the Fair offense will be helped by their defense limiting Falls offense and giving Fair more touches. 17 may be a little high but adversity could play a part in that number.

Very possible. This match up has perplexed me for several weeks. Does Falls have the D to slow the Fair running attack? Do they have the O to outpace Fair in scoring? I will be puking come Friday.:cool:

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 09:48 PM

I don't think the Falls QB has truly played to his full potential so far this season.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't think the Falls QB has truly played to his full potential so far this season.

...and I have read comments in this thread that lead me to believe there isn't a lot of confidence he will in this game. He very well could step up and play out of his mind or he could face a defense that puts pressure on him that he hasn't seen to this point. The play of both QBs will factor into the result for sure.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Excellent post Booster..

We'll get a more indepth look at this game and the teams throughout the week. It's hard to imagine that such a large and spread out district will have been able to assemble the amount of talent (on both sides) that we're going to be seeing on Friday. Both teams have worked exceptionally hard to get where they are at, and where they are going. The anticipation can be almost overwhelming, as both teams are confident, eager, and ready to prove themselves.

Since programs have been scarce this year, i'll see about recongnizing the individual players by position to better familiarize ourselves to what we should be seeing on Friday.

Looking forward to that. This Fall has been a little hetic and have not had the time to acknowledge the individuals. I will be in Oklasuckhoma Tuesday and Wednesday so I hope to be able to do a little research in order to contribute.

I really have no idea what to expect come Friday other than one hell of a game.:notworthy

KatyTigerDad0407
10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
CyFallsMom,

I think you are correct. '11 CyFalls > '06 CyFalls.

'06 CyFalls barely had enough to get past Katy with it's junior quarterback, Mitchell. It had enough to get past the Region 4 champ. I don't think Katy '06 would have beat Cedar Hill that year either. Do I think '11 CyFalls has what it takes to get out of Region 3? I don't know. The CyFair game will tell us a lot.

The brilliant minds behind this site think enough of the Falls program to rank them only behind Katy in the top 25 for region 3 teams.

ktCarl
10-09-2011, 09:58 PM

Has he improved his down field passing? That's all he lacked the two times I saw Falls this season.

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
...and I have read comments in this thread that lead me to believe there isn't a lot of confidence he will in this game. He very well could step up and play out of his mind or he could face a defense that puts pressure on him that he hasn't seen to this point. The play of both QBs will factor into the result for sure.

I'm not sure what the Fair QB can do either?? Dang, I live here.:D

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM

I would welcome that. He seems to do better under the pressure. I guess that is the athlete in him taking over. Don't think too much, just react....ya know?

cfisdbacker
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=cyfallsbooster2;1848680]Which is in your opinion? I will probably be sitting with bcf81 and bcf.:D[/QUOTE
Let me me know - I may join you guys for this game if ok.

After watching film over and over on both these teams (HUDL is a great thing!)

Falls key - they need to have their defensive ends or linebackers blow up/cut the pulling Fair lineman which really screw up the offensive flow for Fair. IMHO it is the key to Falls defense.

Fair - As I said before - Fair need to become a better passing team - if they can keep Falls off balance this will open it up for them. Fair defensive backfield has to keep an eye on the Falls receivers - Falls seems to struggle hitting the open man and if it is good .... receivers are not consistent catching the ball.

I disagree with Mom ...... I do not think Falls is better than the State Finalist team

A GREAT matchup between to GREAT TEAMS and programs ---- I am very excited for the game!!! May both teams play well and injury free.

My initial pick is Fair .... but this depends who hooks me up with a free tickets!!

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Has he improved his down field passing? That's all he lacked the two times I saw Falls this season.

I haven't seen him since you did. I know Boost got pissed at the Langham game.
So not sure if it's that or the mental.:D

Bobcat81
10-09-2011, 10:13 PM

Interstigly enough, a poportional amount of Cy-Fairs scroing opportunites have come as a result of forced turnovers on the opositions side of the field, resulting in short scoring drives.

With the size and experience up front however, Fair's offense is equally capable to long methotical drives that have eaten up a lot of clock thus far. This is what Pustejovsky has prepared them for early on. Fortunately for the Bobcats, in most instances, their defense has enabled them to maintain a legthy offensive presence on the field. We are hoping that this will be the case this week as well. Cy-Falls will have to concentrate on protecting the ball if they expect to stay in this game, for Fairs defense is proving every week how easy it can be to take it away.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM

Do you think this is the kind of game that Falls wants to find out? Something about pressure and diamonds comes to mind.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I would welcome that. He seems to do better under the pressure. I guess that is the athlete in him taking over. Don't think too much, just react....ya know?

I wasn't talking specifically about pass rush pressure but more of an overall best defense pressure.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Interstigly enough, a poportional amount of Cy-Fairs scroing opportunites have come as a result of forced turnovers on the opositions side of the field, resulting in short scoring drives.

With the size and experience up front however, Fair's offense is equally capable to long methotical drives that have eaten up a lot of clock thus far. This is what Pustejovsky has prepared them for early on. Fortunately for the Bobcats, in most instances, their defense has enabled them to maintain a legthy offensive presence on the field. We are hoping that this will be the case this week as well. Cy-Falls will have to concentrate on protecting the ball if they expect to stay in this game, for Fairs defense is proving every week how easy it can be to take it away.

Yup.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
CyFallsMom,

'06 CyFalls barely had enough to get past Katy with it's junior quarterback, Mitchell. It had enough to get past the Region 4 champ. I don't think Katy '06 would have beat Cedar Hill that year either. Do I think '11 CyFalls has what it takes to get out of Region 3? I don't know. The CyFair game will tell us a lot.

The brilliant minds behind this site think enough of the Falls program to rank them only behind Katy in the top 25 for region 3 teams.

Bold 1) Across the board maybe, but in one key position.....no.

Bold 2) Senior Jeff Welch. Fantastic qb for the system. Very similar to Huntsman from Woods.

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Do you think this is the kind of game that Falls wants to find out? Something about pressure and diamonds comes to mind.

I think Falls needs to force Fair to throw the ball if possible.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I haven't seen Falls play yet this year but strictly based on numbers I don't think this years Falls team could hold 06 Falls' jocks on both teams best day. The 06 Falls team came into the season very highly regarded in the region only to play terrible in a few games. This years Falls team returned some nice pieces but wasn't regarded in the same way as 06 Falls.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I think Falls needs to force Fair to throw the ball if possible.

If any defense can force the opposing offense to do things they don't want to do then that offense will be in trouble. If Fair's defense plays lights out then what will it force Falls offense to do?

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 10:34 PM
If any defense can force the opposing offense to do things they don't want to do then that offense will be in trouble. If Fair's defense plays lights out then what will it force Falls offense to do?

I want to recall that post. C-DUMB

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I haven't seen Falls play yet this year but strictly based on numbers I don't think this years Falls team could hold 06 Falls' jocks on both teams best day. The 06 Falls team came into the season very highly regarded in the region only to play terrible in a few games. This years Falls team returned some nice pieces but wasn't regarded in the same way as 06 Falls.

We shall see quiz kid - we shall see. I love the 06 team - they were awesome in every way. And I think this team can keep up with them pound for pound. But we'll see. They are still kids after all so I could be wrong. I'm just hoping I'm not.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I wasn't talking specifically about pass rush pressure but more of an overall best defense pressure.

I think he handles both very well. He does very well under pressure. I sometimes think the opposing team's best defense against him would be to drop back 10 yds and give him choices on what to do!:rofl:

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Very possible. This match up has perplexed me for several weeks. Does Falls have the D to slow the Fair running attack? Do they have the O to outpace Fair in scoring? I will be puking come Friday.:cool:

All the more reason for me to be having my attention diverted 1800 miles from Pridgeon under the neon skies.:eek: Being at the Javitz all day will keep my mind occupied and off throwing up:p. It could very well be a blowout from either team, depending on which defense gives. Both are very good this year. This is the best matchup between these two that I have ever seen. The coaches will have to pull out all the stops, trick plays, rabbits out of hats, etc. I still think Falls comes out on top though. This may be the best defense they've seen but you could say the same about Fair....and our offense probably has a few more tricks too.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I think he handles both very well. He does very well under pressure. I sometimes think the opposing team's best defense against him would be to drop back 10 yds and give him choices on what to do!:rofl:

Of the teams Falls has played so far, how would you rank the defenses best to worst?

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 10:47 PM

Interesting. What the :Censor: does any of this have to do with anything?

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 10:51 PM
CyFallsMom,

Very true - that was a young Katy team versus a Falls team laden with 3rd year players. Many Katy fans admitted that themselves after the loss. I don't know anyone that could have beaten Cole and CH that year. But I will tell you this - when Brice Peters took off on those two TD runs last night, my husband said "Man, that looks like Cole at the 06 state game". This game will tell us a lot - more than likely, the winner will be the district champ but that's only the beginning of the real season, not the end. We will just have to see what happens.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Of the teams Falls has played so far, how would you rank the defenses best to worst?

I really don't worry about that trivial stuff. I go watch hs football and support MY team. But, I would say Falls has the best D I have seen so far.;)

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=cyfallsbooster2;1848680]Which is in your opinion? I will probably be sitting with bcf81 and bcf.:D[/QUOTE

Falls key - they need to have their defensive ends or linebackers blow up/cut the pulling Fair lineman which really screw up the offensive flow for Fair. IMHO it is the key to Falls defense.

Fair - As I said before - Fair need to become a better passing team - if they can keep Falls off balance this will open it up for them. Fair defensive backfield has to keep an eye on the Falls receivers - Falls seems to struggle hitting the open man and if it is good .... receivers are not consistent catching the ball.

I disagree with Mom ...... I do not think Falls is better than the State Finalist team

A GREAT matchup between to GREAT TEAMS and programs ---- I am very excited for the game!!! May both teams play well and injury free.

My initial pick is Fair .... but this depends who hooks me up with a free tickets!!

Well, it could also be that every other team we've played this has just been bad then.......? That could well be and maybe Fair is our first true test and, in losing to them, we lose all credibility and in winning - well, many will still see issues with Falls. It's always been that way....I don't care what anyone thinks as long as they keep winning. I think the 06 team was great but I think even they wouldn't mind seeing another Falls team at the state game. They are all very good guys and Once and Eagle, Always an Eagle....they would be right there cheering them on.

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I haven't seen him since you did. I know Boost got pissed at the Langham game.
So not sure if it's that or the mental.:D

Hard to tell how passing games are when there is a 30 mph wind and a hard falling rain.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Interesting. What the :Censor: does any of this have to do with anything?

Mom made the original comment about Falls 11 being better than Falls 06 and then a few others commented. Just dropped my worthless two cents in the bucket.

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I really don't worry about that trivial stuff. I go watch hs football and support MY team. But, I would say Falls has the best D I have seen so far.;)

That's all good but the Falls offense hasn't faced the Falls defense in a 48 minute game where they keep points.

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Bold 1) Across the board maybe, but in one key position.....no.

Bold 2) Senior Jeff Welch. Fantastic qb for the system. Very similar to Huntsman from Woods.

He was talking about Bo Levi Mitchell - the Katy Jr QB at the 2006 game. But, yes, that one key position of QB with Welch at the helm was very crucial. He was simply amazing....Love that kid!! I don't think our Mitchell (Troy) is at that level but he holds his own and can take off on the run if needed. Welch had the pass and the run going on all cylinders. Mitchell has the luxury of a couple of good RB's but the passes make me nervous every time they leave his hands. It was nice to see #80 get that long ball last night though.

CyFallsMom
10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
That's all good but the Falls offense hasn't faced the Falls defense in a 48 minute game where they keep points.

Neither has Cy Fair..............................just sayin'

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 11:10 PM

You are confusing the heck out of me now.:rolleyes:

C-DUB
10-09-2011, 11:11 PM

Now that's funny.:rofl:

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Neither has Cy Fair..............................just sayin'

Very true. Say Fair's defense plays as good as Langham's did and holds Falls to 27, do you think Falls defense can hold Fair's offense under that?

Fleeman93
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM

Cy.

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 11:14 PM
He was talking about Bo Levi Mitchell - the Katy Jr QB at the 2006 game. But, yes, that one key position of QB with Welch at the helm was very crucial. He was simply amazing....Love that kid!! I don't think our Mitchell (Troy) is at that level but he holds his own and can take off on the run if needed. Welch had the pass and the run going on all cylinders. Mitchell has the luxury of a couple of good RB's but the passes make me nervous every time they leave his hands. It was nice to see #80 get that long ball last night though.

Sorry.....missed that. Thought he was reffering to the Falls qb.

cfisdbacker
10-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Very true. Say Fair's defense plays as good as Langham's did and holds Falls to 27, do you think Falls defense can hold Fair's offense under that?

Abbott: Strange as it may seem, they give ball players nowadays very peculiar names.
Costello: Funny names?
Abbott: Nicknames, nicknames. Now, on the St. Louis team we have Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: That's what I want to find out. I want you to tell me the names of the fellows on the St. Louis team.
Abbott: I'm telling you. Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: You know the fellows' names?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: Well, then who's playing first?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name on first base.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The fellow playin' first base.
Costello: The guy on first base.
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: Well, what are you askin' me for?
Abbott: I'm not asking you--I'm telling you. Who is on first.
Costello: I'm asking you--who's on first?
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Abbott: Strange as it may seem, they give ball players nowadays very peculiar names.
Costello: Funny names?
Abbott: Nicknames, nicknames. Now, on the St. Louis team we have Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: That's what I want to find out. I want you to tell me the names of the fellows on the St. Louis team.
Abbott: I'm telling you. Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: You know the fellows' names?
Costello: Well, then who's playing first?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name on first base.
Costello: The fellow playin' first base.
Costello: The guy on first base.
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: Well, what are you askin' me for?
Abbott: I'm not asking you--I'm telling you. Who is on first.
Costello: I'm asking you--who's on first?
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?

:rofl::notworthy

cyfallsbooster2
10-09-2011, 11:24 PM

MY prognestation of the game is 28-21...Falls. Would be interesting to see Tigerhat's blackbox thingy project the score.

jc84chill
10-09-2011, 11:46 PM
MY prognestation of the game is 28-21...Falls. Would be interesting to see Tigerhat's blackbox thingy project the score.

The 5A projector says... 15-13 Cy Fair.

Statistically speaking, Cy Falls would've probably been favored up until the Langham Creek game. Defense did great as usual, but the offense really performed below what it should've. Creek is one of the worst defenses in the state and Falls only put up 27.

As a result, Fair is getting the nod now. I repeat, not my eyeball opinion, statistically speaking.

CyFallsMom
10-10-2011, 04:53 AM

Statistically speaking, Cy Falls would've probably been favored up until the Langham Creek game. Defense did great as usual, but the offense really performed below what it should've. Creek is one of the worst defenses in the state and Falls only put up 27.

As a result, Fair is getting the nod now. I repeat, not my eyeball opinion, statistically speaking.

I agree with this - I think I said 50 times Saturday night - yelled it actually - "YOU CAN'T SCORE AGAINST THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS???". I know we won but that really bothered me. I kept thinking we would blow it wide open and we didn't. What we came away with was a barely win. So, yes, the offense worries me a bit. But Fair's isn't any better. Thing is, Falls O can be so much better. I have seen them do so much better. But Cy Fair's D and our D aren't going to be easy for either offense so the O better work their tails off this week in preparation.

CyFallsMom
10-10-2011, 04:54 AM

Yes I do.

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 07:10 AM

You are right, Backer.. The Woods-Fair game was a perfect example of what you are talking about. Stunting by Woods disrupted Fairs timing and really threw a wrench in the works there for a while. Hopefully that seed has been firmly planted in the minds of the Fair offense and have stored it in a readily accesible place, because it will surely happen again.

One of the things i like most about the type of offense Cy-Fair runs is that the QB is under center 90% of the time giving him the active ablity to be deceptive once the ball is snapped. Logan Taylor is evolving nicely to that affect on the defense and has started to capitolize on those reactions in passing situations. The fake handoffs and tucking the ball behind him, the pump fakes, looking away from the play, etc. He is really coming along well for being thrust into the lead so soon. As a defensive guy, i've always admired QB's that have maintained that important mindset in their game.

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 07:41 AM

For his size, i was a little shocked at the amount of zip he puts on a ball. Kid's got a strong arm.

smw358
10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't know who to pick.........I guess I will rely on my smw statistical score projector 3.5.8..........(dartboard in garage) :D

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/mihail1981/mihail19811108/mihail1981110800012/10316666-dartboard-on-wood-wall.jpg

I have not seen Cy Fair play.....but judging from what I have read.....this should be a close game. Wish I could see this game. I will be watching Klein Oak vs. Westfield. Good luck to both teams and let the best team win!

(Hows that for diplomacy?) :D

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 07:59 AM

I based the possibility that this '11 squad could be the best from comparing each teams statistical progress through week six in their respective years. In that regard, this years Falls team has averaged better by the numbers available. Whether that assumption is actually true, we may never know. But as a team, i think they are as good the 06 team, possibly better. After this week, and the rest of the regular season play out, we'll each be more capable of coming to our own conclusions.

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 08:17 AM
I agree with this - I think I said 50 times Saturday night - yelled it actually - "YOU CAN'T SCORE AGAINST THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS???". I know we won but that really bothered me. I kept thinking we would blow it wide open and we didn't. What we came away with was a barely win. So, yes, the offense worries me a bit. But Fair's isn't any better. Thing is, Falls O can be so much better. I have seen them do so much better. But Cy Fair's D and our D aren't going to be easy for either offense so the O better work their tails off this week in preparation.

I believe you are right. Both teams offenses could use so work in some areas.

I for one would like to see Alex Hall start in the backfield this week. Imo, he hits the holes a lot harder than Jacob does. I know Jacob is just waiting for his opportunity to bolt off of the blocks, but that small amount of hesitation at the line can lose a lot of yards that ordinarily would be significant gains. I feel confident in saying that if JJ were to pick it up a notch or two in that criticle area, his chances of breaking out in the open will improve dramatically.

I'm also hoping that TE Sean Irwin will be joining the party this week. If that's the case, we'll have a lot more cause to celebrate. :D

ktCarl
10-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I based the possibility that this '11 squad could be the best from comparing each teams statistical progress through week six in their respective years. In that regard, this years Falls team has averaged better by the numbers available. Whether that assumption is actually true, we may never know. But as a team, i think they are as good the 06 team, possibly better. After this week, and the rest of the regular season play out, we'll each be more capable of coming to our own conclusions.

I might be at this game. We'll see.

Wish you 17-5A'ers would pool some booster club $$ together and buy another stadium light pole for Pridgeon. That would make Pridgeon a great venue for evening football. If a high school football movie was made at that stadium it would be titled, 'Friday Night Light'. :D

dada
10-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Oh yeah...I'm there...questions is....who should I sit with? :D

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 08:37 AM
I might be at this game. We'll see.

Wish you 17-5A'ers would pool some booster club $$ together and buy another stadium light pole for Pridgeon. That would make Pridgeon a great venue for evening football. If a high school football movie was made at that stadium it would be titled, 'Friday Night Light'. :D

"Night-light" for sure..

I'm weary of the field turf as well. These guys get used to playing on that soft turf, then come to Pridgeon and all sorts of things go wrong.

For the revenue generated in this district though, we shouldn't be contending with either of those problems.

Let me know if you're able to make it Carl

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 09:34 AM
New numbers out this morning........

State Rankings
Fair moves up to #8.
Falls remains in the #9 slot.

Adjusted Offensive Scoring
Falls #87 @ 3.7.
Fair #124 @ 0.0.

Adjusted Defensive Scoring
Fair #4 @ -16.6.
Falls #8 @ -14.5.

This PROVES Falls will win......by 1.6 pts.:D

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM

I am sure the numbers were affected and I can live with that. The important number to the team was the scoreboard. It was an ugly night with wind and rain and I am sure Falls was just trying to control the clock more than rack up points in order to keep the ball out of Feist's hands. Falls had 31 rushes to 14 passes. Not your typical Falls game plan. Falls still rolled up almost 500 yds offense on the night. We Falls fans will take that.;)

bobcatfan
10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I am sure the numbers were affected and I can live with that. The important number to the team was the scoreboard. It was an ugly night with wind and rain and I am sure Falls was just trying to control the clock more than rack up points in order to keep the ball out of Feist's hands. Falls had 31 rushes to 14 passes. Not your typical Falls game plan. Falls still rolled up almost 500 yds offense on the night. We Falls fans will take that.;)

That is all that matters!!

ktCarl
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
"Night-light" for sure..

I'm weary of the field turf as well. These guys get used to playing on that soft turf, then come to Pridgeon and all sorts of things go wrong.

For the revenue generated in this district though, we shouldn't be contending with either of those problems.

Let me know if you're able to make it Carl

I'll ring ya!

Looks like Dada may go too. I sat on Falls' side last game. Maybe I should be (fair) and sit with you?

dada
10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
I'll ring ya!

Looks like Dada may go too. I sat on Falls' side last game. Maybe I should be (fair) and sit with you?

we can flip a coin in the parking lot

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 02:28 PM
we can flip a coin in the parking lot

I am planning on sitting on Fair's side so I can ride bobcatfan and bobcat81 about how we are donkey stompin' 'em.:p

bobcatfan
10-10-2011, 02:37 PM
I am planning on sitting on Fair's side so I can ride bobcatfan and bobcat81 about how we are donkey stompin' 'em.:p

I've got a bad feeling about this game since Falls will have home field advantage:rolleyes:

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Cy-Falls Golden Eagles Offense;
Total Yards – 2,423 (403.8 Gm)
First Dwns = 98
Rush Yds – 1.244 (6.59 Per)
Pass Yds – 1,179 (16.61 Per)

Players by position;

WR - #82 Jacori Warrick (Jr.) 5’-11”, 175, 4.5 (17 Rec 428 yds 5 TD’s)
WR - #25 Gee Gladney (Sr.) 5’ 10” 185, 4.5 (17 Rec 218 yds 4 TD’s)

RT - #63 Cameron Hussey (Sr.) 6’ 2” 275
RG - #74 James Watts (Sr.) 6’ 1” 225
C - #70 Cooper Abercrombie (Jr.) 5’ 10” 250
LG - #78 Brooks Billings (Jr.) 6’ 3” 275
LT - #77 Jordan Spence (Jr.) 6’ 1” 240

WR - #80 Temi Alaka (Jr.) 6’ 2” 195 (4 Rec 35yds)
WR - #12 Isaiah White (Sr.) 6’ 1” 205 (2 Rec 43yds)

QB - #4 Troy Mitchell (Sr.) 6’ 0” 195, 4.6 (66/109 Pass, 1112yds 11 TD’s, 4 INT’s, 37/ 180 Rush, 3 TD’s)
RB - #21 Brice Peters (Jr.) 5’ 11” 200 4.5 (86/ 808 Rush, 9 TD’s, 9.40 Avg)

Positions on the field may vary by player, but i believe this is an accurate line up for Friday based on film review. Booster or FallsMom correct me if i have misplaced or left anyone out.

Warrick & Gladney appear to be the go to guys in passing situations and will probably split the field on downs.

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
I've got a bad feeling about this game since Falls will have home field advantage:rolleyes:

Our "Away" jerseys should stand out nicely in the dimly lit romantic setting of Pridgeon..
:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Cy-Falls Golden Eagles Offense;
Total Yards – 2,423 (403.8 Gm)
First Dwns = 98
Rush Yds – 1.244 (6.59 Per)
Pass Yds – 1,179 (16.61 Per)

Players by position;

WR - #82 Jacori Warrick (Jr.) 5’-11”, 175, 4.5 (17 Rec 428 yds 5 TD’s)
WR - #25 Gee Gladney (Sr.) 5’ 10” 185, 4.5 (17 Rec 218 yds 4 TD’s)

RT - #63 Cameron Hussey (Sr.) 6’ 2” 275
RG - #74 James Watts (Sr.) 6’ 1” 225
C - #70 Cooper Abercrombie (Jr.) 5’ 10” 250
LG - #78 Brooks Billings (Jr.) 6’ 3” 275
LT - #77 Jordan Spence (Jr.) 6’ 1” 240

WR - #80 Temi Alaka (Jr.) 6’ 2” 195 (4 Rec 35yds)
WR - #12 Isaiah White (Sr.) 6’ 1” 205 (2 Rec 43yds)

QB - #4 Troy Mitchell (Sr.) 6’ 0” 195, 4.6 (66/109 Pass, 1112yds 11 TD’s, 4 INT’s, 37/ 180 Rush, 3 TD’s)
RB - #21 Brice Peters (Jr.) 5’ 11” 200 4.5 (86/ 808 Rush, 9 TD’s, 9.40 Avg)

Positions on the field may vary by player, but i believe this is an accurate line up for Friday based on film review. Booster or FallsMom correct me if i have misplaced or left anyone out.

Warrick & Gladney appear to be the go to guys in passing situations and will probably split the field on downs.

Looks about right. We need to get the ball to Mr. White more often.

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Looks about right. We need to get the ball to Mr. White more often.

Could be Warrick or Gladney are lining up with him in a precedence.. But yes, i agree about White, especially with his size.

Our secondary are going to have to earn their keep this week..pass or run.

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I'll ring ya!

Come on down.. The price is right! ;)

The more the better..

C-DUB
10-10-2011, 04:56 PM

Any chance this candle light game sells out?

Are we all sitting on the Fairs Side?

bobcatfan
10-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Could be Warrick or Gladney are lining up with him in a precedence.. But yes, i agree about White, especially with his size.

Our secondary are going to have to earn their keep this week..pass or run.

For sure! We haven't faced a more talented group of receivers than the group at Falls.

C-DUB
10-10-2011, 04:59 PM
For sure! We haven't faced a more talented group of receivers than the group at Falls.

That's it! It's been years in the making and everyone else Sucks.

You Bums :D

Bobcat81
10-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Cy-Fair Bobcats Defense

TTL Yds - 1,144
YPG Avg - 190.6
PAPG - 06
INT's - 11

Players by Position;

CB – #9 Ryan Bradshaw (Jr.) 5’-8” 165 (1 INT, ’10 1st AD)
R Bandit - #20 Khalil Coleman (Sr.) 5’-10” 175 (2 INT’s)

DE - #8 Kyle Makatura (Sr.) 5’ 11” 205
DT - #51 Trent Jacobsen (Sr.) 5’-9” 235
DT – #66 Zach Danford (Sr.) 6’-0” 250 (’10 1st AD)
DE – #61 Michael Chambers (Sr.) 5’-11” 240

L Bandit - #14 JaRob Price (Sr.) 6’-0” 175 (2 INT’s)
CB – #18 Trevor Mendes (Sr.) 5’-9” 180 (1 INT)

LB - #15 Ray Pitts 5’-11” 220 (’10 2nd AD)
LB - #35 Cody Thomas 6’-0” 200 (1 INT)
FS - #3 Dwight White (Sr.) 5’-11” 185 (2 INT’s, ’10 2nd AD), Vbl Northwestern

(Alt DB’s)
#23 – Jalen Champagne (Sr.) 6’-1” 185 (1 INT, '10 2nd AD)
#30 - Nathan Diamond (Jr.) 5’-9” 175 (1 INT)
#40 - Conner Patrick (Sr.) 6’-0” 170

The Bobcats 4-2-5 has worked well for them so far this year. With most teams in the district fielding 3-4+ receivers, adding an extra DB capable of defending the pass, yet hefty enough to fill in on run support, has seemed to work out best for them. Although some my argue the lack of size, this squad has made up for in speed, keen awareness on the field, and an eagerness to lay the leather when converging on the ball. As many are finding out this year, they are a capable bunch that come to take care of business on gameday.

ktCarl
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Our "Away" jerseys should stand out nicely in the dimly lit romantic setting of Pridgeon..
:eek:

They should serve cabernet at the dark end of Pridgeon.

xray10
10-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Region 3

Cy Fair vs. Aldine Eisenhower
Cinco Ranch vs. Houston Lamar
PA Memorial vs. Pasadena Dobie
FB Hightower vs. Brazoswood

Cy Falls vs. Alief Elsik
Seven Lakes vs. Houston Bellaire
North Shore vs. Deer Park
FB Elkins vs. Pearland

if the div 1 reg 3 brackett ends up looking like what's shown above....
the reg 3 div 1 semi finals should be:

cy fair vs port authur memorial
and
cy falls vs. north shore

my best guess is an all 17-5a show down for reg 3 div 1..

reg 4 should be a cake walk then on to desoto or allen
pick your poison...either way they can be beat....
good luck to both teams this weekend although
i'm partial to cy fair...

ktCarl
10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
[B]Region 3

What. No love for Judson?

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
That's it! It's been years in the making and everyone else Sucks.

You Bums :D

Quit your whinning, 2nd tier fan.

:D

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Region 3

Cy Falls vs. Alief Elsik
FB Elkins vs. Pearland

and
cy falls vs. north shore

I have no idea what the heck you are posting about, xray. We have ONE game on our schedule right now. FAIR....FAIR....FAIR! Get past this one then we have a challenge next week. But for now.....FAIR!

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 08:30 PM
They should serve cabernet at the dark end of Pridgeon.

I'm game......but not in a dada/RR way.:rolleyes:

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 08:36 PM
What. No love for Judson?

I don't think Judson matters any more.:rolleyes:

cyfallsbooster2
10-10-2011, 08:41 PM

By the way....I need a ticket for that side.:o

I will glady pay you on Friday for a ticket today.:o

May be a sell out this week.

CyFallsMom
10-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Region 3

Cy Falls vs. Alief Elsik
FB Elkins vs. Pearland

and
cy falls vs. north shore

This is how I read that:

Se il div 1 reg 3 brackett finisce alla ricerca come quello che ha mostrato sopra.... reg 3 div 1 semifinali dovrebbe essere: cy fiera vs porta authur memorial e cy cade vs north shore mio meglio Indovina θ uno spettacolo 17-5a tutti giω per reg 3 div 1...

It makes just that much sense.:) There is no way I am touching these playoff predictions.....I guess I'm just too superstitious. The ONLY team on Falls's schedule comes in maroon and white and has a loud roar....that's the only team any of us sees right now.

CyFallsMom
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM

Until Saturday night, I had two tix - gave them to my friend that we sit with. I figured I probably could have sold them at a pretty price come Friday about 5:00. But I'm no scalper and, just how would I manage that anyway? I just want every seat FILLED in Pridgeon!!

Bobcat81
10-11-2011, 08:34 AM

I got you covered Booster..

Going today to get them

C-DUB
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Quit your whinning, 2nd tier fan.

:D

Nope, My first born son was the recipient of the prestigious Bobcat Award.
The C-DUB name is emblazon on this high honor for all eternity in the Cy-Fair
trophy case. I have a Cy-Fair letter jacket and Diploma in my closet. It wasn't
until my 2nd born son's sophomore year that he became a prisoner of war and wore the Scarlet W.:cool:
He was relegated from all Cy Fair athletic priviledges and scorned.

bobcatfan
10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
until my 2nd born son's sophomore year that he became a prisoner of war and wore the Scarlet W.:cool:

That is why the boundary lines are drawn in CHALK:D

C-DUB
10-11-2011, 09:23 AM
That is why the boundary lines are drawn in CHALK:D

Mobile homes are becoming popular in CFISD.:D

cyfallsbooster2
10-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Going today to get them

Thanks.:notworthy

C-DUB
10-11-2011, 09:44 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKmJPnAGUJk

cyfallsbooster2
10-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Mobile homes are becoming popular in CFISD.:D

New investment oppurtunity! Mobile home parks beside Fair, Creek, Falls and Woods!:yes:

dada
10-11-2011, 09:55 AM
i'm game......but not in a dada/rr way.:rolleyes:

lol....

cfisdbacker
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
New investment oppurtunity! Mobile home parks beside Fair, Creek, Falls and Woods!:yes:

We already have them .... now putting in place a plan to recruit from HISD like our friends out west!

C-DUB
10-11-2011, 10:16 AM
We already have them .... now putting in place a plan to recruit from HISD like our friends out west!

It doesn't seem to be working so far. :rolleyes: :p

bobcatfan
10-11-2011, 10:55 AM

Going today to get them

Huh? I thought you weren't allowed within 200 feet of a school?:D

smw358
10-11-2011, 11:42 AM

His name wouldn't happen to be Alan Garner would it?............:eek:

Bobcat81
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM

Uh, Lucy..yu hav sum splaning to do..

Watt en de wherld yu talk in ah bout...Lucy?

CyFallsMom
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM

I thought I was the only 51 year who still had a letter jacket hanging in their closet!! I worked 20+ hour weeks (no limit on practices then) of high kicks/splits/head snaps/shin splints and eternally bruised up body for that thing - it will remain there forever!!

Dawg82
10-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Uhhh...
Thanks for posting this thread outside of norm y'all! This game should be epic...going with Falls "by a thread." Does the scoreboard have enough digits???

Good game. Play safe.

Bobcat81
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I thought I was the only 51 year who still had a letter jacket hanging in their closet!! I worked 20+ hour weeks (no limit on practices then) of high kicks/splits/head snaps/shin splints and eternally bruised up body for that thing - it will remain there forever!!

I am a proud owner as well.. May even have to break it out for a game soon.

If it still fits..lol

Dawg82
10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
I am a proud owner as well.. May even have to break it out for a game soon.

If it still fits..lol

Don't know about you, but mine's kinda melted...so much for "space bags!"

bobcatfan
10-11-2011, 02:07 PM
In preparation for Friday's game I am attending the Arnold vs. Hamilton 7th grade "Battle Royale". Most of these kids have finally figured out how to put the pads in their pants, so it should be a real barn burner:D

CyFallsMom
10-11-2011, 08:06 PM
In preparation for Friday's game I am attending the Arnold vs. Hamilton 7th grade "Battle Royale". Most of these kids have finally figured out how to put the pads in their pants, so it should be a real barn burner:D

I don't know who Labay was playing but the traffic was terrible near my house and the stands were SRO!! Future Cy Falls Golden Eagles out there on that field!!!:D. I'm all verklempt.

ktCarl
10-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Going today to get them

You must have purchased 20 tickets today.

cyfallsbooster2
10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Uhhh...
Thanks for posting this thread outside of norm y'all! This game should be epic...going with Falls "by a thread." Does the scoreboard have enough digits???

Good game. Play safe.

Should have plenty for this game. Two of the best D's in the state according to this site.;)

Fleeman, where are you?!!!!

cyfallsbooster2
10-11-2011, 11:00 PM
From CFISD "15-5A" Stats........(bobcatfan, when are you going to at least get THAT fixed?):p

Records
Fair (6-0, 5-0)
Falls (6-0. 5-0)

Total Points
Fair F-190, A-30
Falls F-203, A-71

District Points
Fair F-149, A-30
Falls F-155, A-59

Team Offense
#4 Falls Run-1241 yds, Pass-1199 yds, Total-2440, 407/gm.
#6 Fair Run-1510 yds, Pass-492 yds, Total-2002 yds, 303/gm.

Team Defense
#1 Fair Run-520 yds, Pass-620 yds, Total-1144 yds, 191/gm.
#2 Falls Run-1105 yds, Pass-722 yds, Total-1827 yds, 305/gm.

Fumbles/Lost
Falls 5/4
Fair 12/4

Int'sMade
Fair 11
Falls 4

Running Backs
#3 Fair - John Jacob Carries-125, Yds-817, Avg-6.54, TD-11.
#4 Falls - Brice Peters Carries-86, Yds-808, Avg-9.40, TD-9.

QB's
#4 Falls - Troy Mitchell Att-113, Comp-68, Avg-60%, Yds-1123, TD-11, Int-4.
#10 Fair - Logan Taylor Att-70, Comp-33, Avg-47%, Yds-491, TD-6, Int-1.

Still the same thing....A little bt better O against a little bit better D. Should be fun.

cyfallsbooster2
10-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Who have they played?

Fair
Katy Taylor
Lakes
Woods
Creek
Ridge
Springs

Falls
Katy Morton Ranch
Woods
Creek
Ridge
Springs
langham

CyFallsMom
10-12-2011, 05:14 AM
From CFISD "15-5A" Stats........(bobcatfan, when are you going to at least get THAT fixed?):p

Records
Fair (6-0, 5-0)
Falls (6-0. 5-0)

Total Points
Fair F-190, A-30
Falls F-203, A-71

District Points
Fair F-149, A-30
Falls F-155, A-59

Team Offense

Team Defense

Fumbles/Lost
Falls 5/4
Fair 12/4

Int'sMade
Fair 11
Falls 4

Running Backs

QB's

Still the same thing....A little bt better O against a little bit better D. Should be fun.

These two are more evenly matched than I've ever seen them. That is going to be an amazing game!

ktCarl
10-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Who have they played?

Fair
Katy Taylor
Lakes
Woods
Creek
Ridge
Springs

Falls
Katy Morton Ranch
Woods
Creek
Ridge
Springs
langham

Looks like both teams have played two powerhouses of 19-5A.

Now that Katy won't be playing North Shore and replaced them with Klein it would be nice to drop Beaumont Westbrook and pick up a 17-5A team. No more travelling until playoffs would suit me fine plus showing up at the Berry would be fun. :cool:

I'll be there at Pridgeon. I hope the game isn't decided until late 4th qtr.

bobcatfan
10-12-2011, 08:37 AM
From CFISD "15-5A" Stats........ (bobcatfan, when are you going to at least get THAT fixed?):p

Records
Fair (6-0, 5-0)
Falls (6-0. 5-0)

Total Points
Fair F-190, A-30
Falls F-203, A-71

District Points
Fair F-149, A-30
Falls F-155, A-59

Team Offense

Team Defense

Fumbles/Lost
Falls 5/4
Fair 12/4

Int'sMade
Fair 11
Falls 4

Running Backs

QB's

The person that was going to fix that was let go so you could keep your homestead exemption:D

KT2000
10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Cy Fair's extra day of rest helps them in the fourth quarter. It seems like a minor thing, but it completely changes preparation when you are on a short week. The scheduling people didn't do Falls any favors, but they won't be using that excuse.

Fair had an easy time of it against Springs. Will Falls be able to summon that extra bit of energy they're likely to need in another four quarter football game? It will be interesting to watch.

C-DUB
10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
The person that was going to fix that was let go so you could keep your homestead exemption:D

Great, another person off the government tit. Maybe, they get a real job in the
private sector.:p

C-DUB
10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Did I miss the Place Kickers % & Punters stats for this game?:p

C-DUB
10-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't know who Labay was playing but the traffic was terrible near my house and the stands were SRO!! Future Cy Falls Golden Eagles out there on that field!!!:D. I'm all verklempt.

Yiddish?:eek:

Bobcat81
10-12-2011, 01:04 PM
You must have purchased 20 tickets today.

Won't be able to get tickets to this game until Thrusday & Friday during "lunch time" only..per the front desk at Cy-Fair. :mad:

So, no tickets as of yet but will be there to get them Thursday..

Bobcat81
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Cy Fair's extra day of rest helps them in the fourth quarter. It seems like a minor thing, but it completely changes preparation when you are on a short week. The scheduling people didn't do Falls any favors, but they won't be using that excuse.

Fair had an easy time of it against Springs. Will Falls be able to summon that extra bit of energy they're likely to need in another four quarter football game? It will be interesting to watch.

Absolutely..

+1 on the check count for Fair in this catagory. Coming off of an easier week along with an extra day to prepare will be a factor.

Another factor for Falls to consider is, which offense to prepare for?

Not only will Fair be encorporating the traditional "I" set it has in the past, expect the other formations to come full bore. I hate to think how many options are available in that Fair playbook with these alternate formations. :eek:

KT2000
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Linda Richmond

555-4444

smw358
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Here is some football teams that either had an extra day to prepare or were shorted a day ........or something........:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZvSc41DgY

C-DUB
10-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Linda Richmond

555-4444

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDXEgBh0TF0&feature=related

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Looks like both teams have played two powerhouses of 19-5A.

Now that Katy won't be playing North Shore and replaced them with Klein it would be nice to drop Beaumont Westbrook and pick up a 17-5A team. No more travelling until playoffs would suit me fine plus showing up at the Berry would be fun. :cool:

I'll be there at Pridgeon. I hope the game isn't decided until late 4th qtr.

You just a bad boy, carl.:rolleyes:

Katy can't handle the truth!;)

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 06:44 PM

Sh*t happens.....as long as us 1%'ers get to keep it.:p

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 06:47 PM

From what I have seen of how these boys approach each game with a business like attitude....I would say"yes".:notworthy

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Absolutely..

+1 on the check count for Fair in this catagory. Coming off of an easier week along with an extra day to prepare will be a factor.

Another factor for Falls to consider is, which offense to prepare for?

Not only will Fair be encorporating the traditional "I" set it has in the past, expect the other formations to come full bore. I hate to think how many options are available in that Fair playbook with these alternate formations. :eek:

:rofl:

Bobcat81
10-12-2011, 06:58 PM
:rofl:

Well heck,..why not throw in the whole ball of wax just for good measure! :D

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 06:59 PM
This site has declared this match-up as the GOTW in the State. Rightfully so I would say.:yes:

Kt2k & chill are picking Fair....champ is wussing out so far.:p

I hope this game is as good as its' hype.:notworthy

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Well heck,..why not throw in the whole ball of wax just for good measure! :D

Yeah, right. We have all seen pudgy jump out there with the wild O's.:cool:

CyFallsMom
10-12-2011, 08:08 PM

SNL Skit - Mike Myers as the Jewish mother in law. She is a pain in the skenektagazoink.:D. I have to get ready, you know, my plane leaves at 6:00 am in the morning for just this type of personality X 8 million! And my brother-in-law who I love dearly but he reminds me of Joey Soprano!! Can't wait to see him - he makes me laugh with that accent and the hands talking all the time.

KatyTigerDad0407
10-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Interesting thoughts:

Is the district title of utmost importance to either team?

Will the coaches show their play book if they need too?

I raise these questions because these two just might see each other again in a bigger more important game.

On another note; it would be awesome to see region 3 at both D1 and D2 championship games.

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Interesting thoughts:

Is the district title of utmost importance to either team?

Will the coaches show their play book if they need too?

I raise these questions because these two just might see each other again in a bigger more important game.

On another note; it would be awesome to see region 3 at both D1 and D2 championship games.

From what I know of Eaton....he wants to win...the game....the district.....everything.

cyfallsbooster2
10-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh, and on your second point.....I think Fair, Falls and Woods DO have the ability to make that happen.;)

ktCarl
10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
This site has declared this match-up as the GOTW in the State. Rightfully so I would say.:yes:

I hope this game is as good as its' hype.:notworthy

It better be good. I will be there.

This will be the 3rd time I've seen Falls this season.

New name for Pridgeon Stadium....'The Dungeon'. I like it!

cfisdbacker
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
You just a bad boy, carl.:rolleyes:

Katy can't handle the truth!;)

......... sets you free!!!!!

Bobcat81
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Cy-Falls Golden Eagle Defense
Rush – 1,105 TTL Yds (6 Games)
TTL Yds - 1827
YPG Avg – 304.5
PAPG – 11.8
INT's - 4

Players by Position;

DE - #60 Kevin Hunter (Jr.) 5’-11” 275
DT - #66 Jacobi Hunter (Jr.) 6’ 0” 275 (’10 5A All-Sophomore, ’10 District Def. SOY)
DE - #46 Dave Blacklock (Sr.) 6’ 3” 250 (’10 2nd AD)

OLB - #28 Kelston Hatter (Sr.) 5’ 10” 190
ILB - #50 Tomye Bradley (Jr.) 5’ 11” 205
ILB - #6 Cori Womack (Sr.) 6’ 0” 185
OLB - #Denzel Winters (Soph.) 5’ 9” 180 (DB/LB

CB - #38 Kenjhana Callaway (Sr.) 5’ 9” 190 (1 INT)
SS - #23 Justice Eke (Sr.) 5’ 10” 195
SS - #20 DJ Wattell (Jr.) 5’ 10” 165 (1 INT)
CB - #3 Ronald Cole (Sr.) 5’ 8” 160

Alt DB’s
#39 - Devon Mack (Jr.) 5’ 10” 175 (1 INT)

This is a quick and speedy defense anchored by a very strong defensive line.
DE-#46 Dave Blacklock, and DT-#66 Jacobi Hunter are both heafty playmakers that should make a big difference in Cy-Fairs ability to run the ball. Cy-Falls secondary unit is equally capable of handling what ever may come their way.

Bobcat81
10-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Cy-Fair Bobcats Offense
Total Yards – 2,002 (333.7 Gm)
First Dwns = 98
Rush Yds – 1,510 (251 Avg)
Pass Yds – 492 (82 Avg)
PPG – 31.6

Players by Position;

WR - #16 Evann Hayden (Sr.) 5’ 9” 150 (5 Rec 62 Yds 2 TD’s)

TE - #84 Eric Diaz (Jr.) 6’ 2” 220
RT - #74 Michael Pena (Sr.) 5’ 11” 265
RG - #60 Alec Provine (Sr.) 6’ 2” 275 (’10 2nd AD)
C - #56 Zach Stevens (Sr.) 6’-1” 265 (’10 1st AD)
LG - #70 Jeromy Irwin (Sr.) 6’-5” 285 (’10 1st AD) Vbl Unv. Colorado
LT - #71 Ryan Jicha (Sr.) 6’-1” 225

CB - #6 Logan Taylor (Jr.) 5’-8” 170 (33 Att 70 Cpl 491 Yds 6 TD’s 1 INT, 28 Rush 93 Yds 2 TD’s)
FB - #32 Brandon Walker (Sr.) 6’-0” 215 (21 Att 97 Yds 4.62 Per)
TB - #24 John Jacob (Sr.) 5’ 9” 170 (’10 1st AD, 125 Att 817 Yds 11 Tds 6.54 Yds Per) Vbl Air Force

WR - #81 Kaleb Moore (Sr.) 5’ 11” 185 (9 Rec 161 Yds 3 TD’s)

The Bobcat Offense is hoping for the return of 3rd year starting TE-#80 Sean Irwin 6'-4" 240 (Colorado verbal com.) to the mix this week where his experience would dramatically improve both aspects of this powerful ground pounding offense. If not, the Bobcats will continue to rely on their Heafty O-Line to open holes for 3 year veteran RB- John Jacob, and FB-Brandon Walker. However, QB-Logan Taylor is out to prove that he and this offense, do a little more than just run the ball.

Bobcat81
10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
From what I know of Eaton....he wants to win...the game....the district.....everything.

I think Pustejovsky will also, but be more conservative in play calling unless otherwise called for.

Ann Henry
10-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Wow, so many interesting ideas on this thread. I think Fair has the heart and desire to make this one a Win. I always root for "Falls" except for this one game. Remember Gee and Trey from Jr high at Arnold when they played with my boys, Sean and Jeromy Irwin. Hope the defense will continue to do an awesome job in each game. Look forward to tomorrow, going to be a great game.

KT2000
10-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Chill and I shook Sam McGuffie's hand, and there's a code among people who shook McGuffie's hand.

Champ= Pacino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI1XqWxRsuw

cyfallsbooster2
10-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Chill and I shook Sam McGuffie's hand, and there's a code among people who shook McGuffie's hand.

Champ= Pacino

:heli::yes:

Bobcat81
10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Wow, so many interesting ideas on this thread. I think Fair has the heart and desire to make this one a Win. I always root for "Falls" except for this one game. Remember Gee and Trey from Jr high at Arnold when they played with my boys, Sean and Jeromy Irwin. Hope the defense will continue to do an awesome job in each game. Look forward to tomorrow, going to be a great game.

Welcome to the board, Ann..

I was curious if you knew the 8th grade record of that Buccaneer team? I had heard that group went undefeated not only that year, but for quite a few games previously. Any light you could shed on their efforts would be appreciated as we don't often hear of them on the board.

Perhaps some of the talent may reflect what we can expect to see this Friday..

Once again, welcome to the board. We look forward to hearing more from you..

Bobcat81
10-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Oh, and on your second point.....I think Fair, Falls and Woods DO have the ability to make that happen.;)

Did i get the Falls defense correct?

I saw an aweful lot of #10 at CB but have no idea who he is? I also have questions about the makeup of the secondary as Falls seems to substitute in this area regularly, as does Fair.

Bobcat81
10-13-2011, 09:18 AM

Champ= Pacino

Outstanding! :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see McGuffie in attendance giving support on the sidelines this Friday.

twcpfan1
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Really looking forward to the Katy High v 17-5a matchup. Is that 2nd round? Is it going to be one of these teams?

Ann Henry
10-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the board, Ann..

I was curious if you knew the 8th grade record of that Buccaneer team? I had heard that group went undefeated not only that year, but for quite a few games previously. Any light you could shed on their efforts would be appreciated as we don't often hear of them on the board.

Perhaps some of the talent may reflect what we can expect to see this Friday..

Once again, welcome to the board. We look forward to hearing more from you..

The record for the 8th grade year wasn't as impressive as the 7th grade year, when they were undefeated and unscored on. Too bad Gee and Trey moved into the Falls district as Fair would be even better. They were only beaten twice that year and then undefeated their freshman year also. As you may know Sean is out with an injury for probably about two more weeks. Fair is missing their D1 tight end in him but he will be back for later season and playoffs. Jeromy of course is on the offensive line. Both are committed to Univ of Colorado after graduation. The junior high team was quite exceptional with talent. Along with Gee and Trey we also had Deandre Liggins that now plays for Ranch so we were talent filled. Thanks for the welcome!!

KT2000
10-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Really looking forward to the Katy High v 17-5a matchup. Is that 2nd round? Is it going to be one of these teams?

Extremely unlikely after last week's results. Cy Ranch's defeat of Cy Creek basically ensures Fair and Falls' positions in Div. 1. Also, Strake's barely losing to Seven Lakes eliminates any vague Div. 1 chance Katy had. Fair and Falls are playing for seeding.

cyfallsbooster2
10-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Extremely unlikely after last week's results. Cy Ranch's defeat of Cy Creek basically ensures Fair and Falls' positions in Div. 1. Also, Strake's barely losing to Seven Lakes eliminates any vague Div. 1 chance Katy had. Fair and Falls are playing for seeding.

What might be even MORE interesting, is it looks to be shaping up as a Woods/Katy matchup in Round 2.

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 10:58 AM
What might be even MORE interesting, is it looks to be shaping up as a Woods/Katy matchup in Round 2.

We might be the Tiger's scout team.

KT2000
10-13-2011, 11:08 AM

It'll be interesting to see how many more times they (Woods) score over 60 before the playoffs.

KT2000
10-13-2011, 11:10 AM
We might be the Tiger's scout team.

Katy's played a bunch of bad offenses this year. I'm talking some of the worst I've seen at this level. This isn't late 90s Houston area football by any means. I'm hoping to see better teams and I like what your guys are doing right now.

bobcatfan
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
It'll be interesting to see how many more times they (Woods) score over 60 before the playoffs.

They will for sure against Springs unless Coach Jones just takes his foot off the gas pedal. Their game Friday against Langham should really be a good game and may be the highest scoring affair this season.

bobcatfan
10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Katy's played a bunch of bad offenses this year. I'm talking some of the worst I've seen at this level. This isn't late 90s Houston area football by any means. I'm hoping to see better teams and I like what your guys are doing right now.

I know, but Katy is still Katy! With that said, Woods won't be a scout team to anyone come playoff time!

Fleeman93
10-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Woods Vs Ranch/JV/Lakes:
Ranch ADS Rank - 182
JV ADS Rank - 184
Lakes ADS Rank - 179

Woods PF - 194
Woods PA - 59

Woods Vs Falls/Fair
Falls ADS Rank - 8
Fair ADS Rank - 4

Woods PF - 12
Woods PA - 42

Telling.

bobcatfan
10-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Woods Vs Ranch/JV/Lakes:
Ranch ADS Rank - 182
JV ADS Rank - 184
Lakes ADS Rank - 179

Woods PF - 194
Woods PA - 59

Woods Vs Falls/Fair
Falls ADS Rank - 8
Fair ADS Rank - 4
Woods PF - 12
Woods PA - 42

Telling.

Yes it is..........Fair should win tomorrow:p

KT2000
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
I know, but Katy is still Katy! With that said, Woods won't be a scout team to anyone come playoff time!

I've got 17-5A pegged to put at least three strong playoff teams in the brackets a month from now if Woods keeps improving with the young skill guys.

This will be a fun weekend that'll provide some answers for my playoff projections.

Fleeman93
10-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Yes it is..........Fair should win tomorrow:p

My numbers say Falls but I think I am going with Fair because they play a little better defense and I'm still pissed about 06'. Probably one of those games that will cost me in the pickem yet again.

Fleeman93
10-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I've got 17-5A pegged to put at least three strong playoff teams in the brackets a month from now if Woods keeps improving with the young skill guys.

This will be a fun weekend that'll provide some answers for my playoff projections.

Langham has the 222 worst ADS defense in the state so I don't know what we will learn from that game. In that game I am more interested in seeing how Woods does against Langham's offense. Could easily be a 120+ point game.

KT2000
10-13-2011, 11:50 AM
My numbers say Falls but I think I am going with Fair because they play a little better defense and I'm still pissed about 06'. Probably one of those games that will cost me in the pickem yet again.

It's a coin flip game based on the paper match-ups. I've seen Falls play this year, and Cy Woods would be the closest thing they've seen to Falls skill and scheme wise.

However, I don't know exactly how much Woods has changed since that game (shut out vs. Cy Fair), but it appears they at least made some moves at the skill spots. Obviously, Fair is playing D this year and deserve credit for shutting down Woods regardless.

bobcatfan
10-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Langham has the 222 worst ADS defense in the state so I don't know what we will learn from that game. In that game I am more interested in seeing how Woods does against Langham's offense. Could easily be a 120+ point game.

I agree. Feist has been amazing for Langham this year. No INT's for a team that throws the ball as much as Langham really is unbelievable:notworthy

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 01:02 PM
It's a coin flip game based on the paper match-ups. I've seen Falls play this year, and Cy Woods would be the closest thing they've seen to Falls skill and scheme wise.

However, I don't know exactly how much Woods has changed since that game (shut out vs. Cy Fair), but it appears they at least made some moves at the skill spots. Obviously, Fair is playing D this year and deserve credit for shutting down Woods regardless.

We really stunk it up against the two best teams in our district. It's was unforgivable.
I'm still not sold we are any better. Our QB position is not settled, which is fundamental to our success. Fair and Falls deserve all the credit. We suck.

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Sorry, back to the Fair/Falls game.:o

bobcatfan
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM

Don't forget to break out one of your old Bobcat shirts tomorrow night!!

Bobcat81
10-13-2011, 03:45 PM
We really stunk it up against the two best teams in our district. It's was unforgivable.
I'm still not sold we are any better. Our QB position is not settled, which is fundamental to our success. Fair and Falls deserve all the credit. We suck.

Hey, MOJO.. We would gladly trade you 31.5 points a week for your 60+

:notworthy

cfisdbacker
10-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Why in such a bad mood ....... eat too much for lunch? From what I can tell the Circus (TM) is performing.

CyFallsMom
10-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Nothing more entertaining than catching up with these posts while hubby drives us down the LIE. But he did make me drive through the tunnels an Manhattan so he gets the easy part. I have my Cy Falls shirt ready to wear tomorrow - I really don't care that nobody will get it :)!! I will be sending extra spirit karma to the boys too! I may have to find a local game here but it won't be even close to the intensity of this one!!

cfisdbacker
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Nothing more entertaining than catching up with these posts while hubby drives us down the LIE. But he did make me drive through the tunnels an Manhattan so he gets the easy part. I have my Cy Falls shirt ready to wear tomorrow - I really don't care that nobody will get it :)!! I will be sending extra spirit karma to the boys too! I may have to find a local game here but it won't be even close to the intensity of this one!!

Have a great time and enjoy the time with your daughter! I will try to get to the game and make sure your posse behaves.

cyfallsbooster2
10-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Why? Katy has no interest in these two teams. Only Woods at this point. Why should we hi-jack the the thread and try to make this about Fair/Falls?:rolleyes:

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Why? Katy has no interest in these two teams. Only Woods at this point. Why should we hi-jack the the thread and try to make this about Fair/Falls?:rolleyes:

O' you suck my friend.:yes:

cyfallsbooster2
10-13-2011, 09:54 PM
O' you suck my friend.:yes:

People are jealous my friend....they are jealous.:p

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=bobcatfan;1851625]I know, but Katy is still Katy! With that said, Woods won't be a scout team to anyone come playoff time!

Bobcatfan brought his gas can.:cool.

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 10:10 PM
People are jealous my friend....they are jealous.:p

Ok, who is jealous?:cool:

cyfallsbooster2
10-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Ok, who is jealous?:cool:

Woods can not hold a candle to Katy.....Katy is afraid when the conversation is about someone other than themselves.;)

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Woods can not hold a candle to Katy.....Katy is afraid when the conversation is about someone other than themselves.;)

I know Katy wants to play y'all or Fair. Not Poor O'le Woods the two time losers.

KT2000
10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I know Katy wants to play y'all or Fair. Not Poor O'le Woods the two time losers.

Woods>Mayde Creek

YIKES. 19-5A is bringing the heavy artillery this year...or not.

C-DUB
10-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Woods>Mayde Creek

YIKES. 19-5A is bringing the heavy artillery this year...or not.

Big win for the Tiger's tonight. Congrats!

ktCarl
10-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Big win for the Tiger's tonight. Congrats!

Hey! Bobcat81 was in attendance of the Katy game last night. He can tell you either; Katy is good or Mayde Creek is bad. As bad as Mayde Creek is....their only win came against Cy-Springs. Shame on you 17-5A'ers. :D

Now let me un-hijack this thread. Me and Dada will be in attendance of this game so bring the picnic baskets and BBQ and treat us like Kings!! :notworthy

We are peeking in this game because it has the makings of a great one which would be a good tonic after last night.

The Katy Bros. will be scouting the Woods/LC game so it's C-Dub's responsibility to be a good host if that's possible. :yes: They won't be wearing anything Katy but you can pick them out in their 5A unitards.

cyfallsbooster2
10-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey! Bobcat81 was in attendance of the Katy game last night. He can tell you either; Katy is good or Mayde Creek is bad. As bad as Mayde Creek is....their only win came against Cy-Springs. Shame on you 17-5A'ers. :D

Now let me un-hijack this thread. Me and Dada will be in attendance of this game so bring the picnic baskets and BBQ and treat us like Kings!! :notworthy

We are peeking in this game because it has the makings of a great one which would be a good tonic after last night.

The Katy Bros. will be scouting the Woods/LC game so it's C-Dub's responsibility to be a good host if that's possible. :yes: They won't be wearing anything Katy but you can pick them out in their 5A unitards.

Be sure to tell Kt2k that Berry does not allow light sabers.:saber:

bobcatfan
10-14-2011, 08:51 AM
game day!! bfnd!!!

Bobcat81
10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
game day!! bfnd!!!

Wow,..that looks....Spiritedly Crafted :rolleyes:

I know, it's what is in the heart that counts :D

Bobcat81
10-14-2011, 12:04 PM
We're Rolling Thunder,

..Pouring Rain,

We're Comin' On Like A

HURRICANE!!!

Go Cats!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt7-X_NVwUk

B. F. N. D.

bobcatfan
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
We're Rolling Thunder,

..Pouring Rain,

We're Comin' On Like A

HURRICANE!!!

Go Cats!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt7-X_NVwUk

B. F. N. D.

:yes:

C-DUB
10-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Ok, I have the rose peddler girls with the big toys on standby.:cool:
If you Katy folks keep coming to 17-5 games y'all could catch something
like a passing game.:D

ktCarl
10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Ok, I have the rose peddler girls with the big toys on standby.:cool:
If you Katy folks keep coming to 17-5 games y'all could catch something
like a passing game.:D

We finally have one!

I could catch worse things with all the ragweed in the air.

C-DUB
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
We finally have one!

I could catch worse things with all the ragweed in the air.

You will if you hang out at the Dungeon. I PM'ed U

bobcatfan
10-14-2011, 03:55 PM
You will if you hang out at the Dungeon. I PM'ed U

Be gentle:rolleyes:

bobcatfan
10-14-2011, 03:56 PM
It's time to get ready for bus send off and to properly hydrate:D Let's go Bobcats!!! BFND!!

C-DUB
10-14-2011, 04:03 PM
It's time to get ready for bus send off and to properly hydrate:D Let's go Bobcats!!! BFND!!

Keep Jed away from security.:cool:

ktCarl
10-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Be gentle:rolleyes:

I'll be in my black Van Halen t-shirt. I feel like the stadium might be rockin' tonight!! :rock:

CyFallsMom
10-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I hear from afar that congrats are in order for the Bobcats...there has to be a winner and a loser after all:). I don't know any of the details except that Falls looked pretty bad in the first half and Fair looked great. Oh well - it's over and as I always do say, a team sometimes loses and it teaches them diversity and how to overcome it during, say, the playoffs when it really counts. We've seen teams go undefeated only to lose the first playoff game - I would rather see a loss like this now than later. Congrats to Cy Fair and to Falls - pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on. This one is already in the past

ktCarl
10-14-2011, 10:53 PM
'Twas a good game and fun sitting with some of the 17-5A boys. Both teams looked good. No shame in losing this one Falls fans. Both teams got a bit conservative when backed up in their own territory and Fair especially got conservative once they got a 3 point lead. The lateral to the WR really surprised everyone.
Congrats to Cy-Fair and good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

BlakeJ
10-14-2011, 10:53 PM
score??

cyfallsbooster2
10-14-2011, 11:26 PM
ConGRATS, CATS!:notworthy

Great game by both teams. Falls too conservative offensively in the first half. With 4-1/2 minutes left in the game , they had the qb, the rb and ALMOST the wideout on the end-around. Great call, great D.....just not good enough. Good game all the way around. :yes:

Bobcat81
10-14-2011, 11:47 PM
ConGRATS, CATS!:notworthy

Great game by both teams. Falls too conservative offensively in the first half. With 4-1/2 minutes left in the game , they had the qb, the rb and ALMOST the wideout on the end-around. Great call, great D.....just not good enough. Good game all the way around. :yes:

I agree.. Without a doubt the most thrilling high school game i've seen this year. That was a great effort by both teams. Falls looked like they were going to take the second half, but Fair managed to turn it back around. Falls looked very good, and BIG compared to the Fair boys. Glad we were able to overcome in the end. But really, as KtCarl said, Falls has nothing to be ashamed of.. They played outstanding!

We had a feeling it was going to be a showdown.. What a Battle!!!

Bobcat81
10-14-2011, 11:49 PM
score??

Cy-Fair - 24

Cy-Falls - 17

Bobcat81
10-15-2011, 12:21 AM
I think those Cy-Fair coaches need to dedicate this win to none other than..

WR - #81 Kaleb Moore

Hauled in 50 yrd pass in the 1st Qtr for a TD.
A 37 Yrd TD pass in the 2nd Qtr
A 27 Yrd End Around for a game winning 4th Qtr TD!

3 Rec 95 Yds 2 TD's, and 1 27 Yd Rush TD!

The Bobcat defense looked good..

Held Falls offense to (1) 1st down and 55 total yds in the first half.

Score by Qtr;

Falls - 0-0-14-3 (17)
Fair - 7-7-3-7 (24)

Offense -

Cy-Falls - 251 TTL Yds
Pass - 19/26 1 INT (180 Yds) 1 TD
Rush - 21/71 Yds 1 TD
1st Dwn - 13
Fumble - 0/0
FG - 1
Punts - 5

Cy-Fair - 295 TTL Yds
Pass - 6/12/0 (136) 2 TD's
Russ - 44/159 Yds 1 TD
1st Dwn - 15
Fumble - 1/1
FG - 1
Punts - 5

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2011&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=112968&TeamID=76&SearchType=Teams#finalframe

Awesome game on both sides!!!! :yes:

ThEgReAtOnE
10-15-2011, 05:55 AM
TGO was in attendance... w/ LadyTGO. Certainly a thrilling game that matched the intensity/excitement of last week's Port Arthur Memorial vs North Shore game. We had seen Cy Falls vs Cy Woods, already, so I knew what to expect from the Eagles. This was the first time to see Fair, this year. VERY IMPRESSED! QB-Taylor has a very good long-ball arm. The OL for Fair is big and very aggressive. The defensive Front-7 may be just as impressive as Katy's. Cy Falls certainly has more team speed, though... more athletes... but both teams are certainly Top 20 teams, from what I can tell and are going to go FAR in the playoffs. Rematch??? I hope so!

Having said that, I don't really like addressing this subject because it's criticizing a job or career for someone else, but the play-calling for Cy Falls was not impressive. Why keep trying to dive right up the gut on a Front-7 that is giving no movement, and is bigger, stronger, and more aggressive than you? I saw Cy Falls continue to run RIGHT AT Cy Fair... which was monumentally nuts! After the first series vs Cy Fair, I knew immediately that Falls was going to have live on the perimeter to beat Fair - I just don't understand how Falls didn't "pick that up" until the second half. When Falls came out of halftime, they threw about 15 WR screens into the mix and started gashing Fair. It's not rocket science. Your best assets are on the perimeter. You can beat them with your speed... so why not use it, all night?

Next... who in the HELL told Troy not to run the ball? There were times when Fair's defense completely over-committed and gave Troy the entire half of the field - he could've ran for a 20-25 yd gain (I kid you not)... yet, he would stay looking to pass and either throw it away or make a poor, dangerous pass. I didn't get it. The kid is an ATHLETE, first, and a QB, second. GTFOH with that, "I wanna play QB at the FBS level, so I need to learn NOT to run all the time." Sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do. Doesn't make any sense why he wouldn't run, unless he was told not to.

Fair had a very good gameplan - very simple. Power-I and then kill'em with play action and bootlegs. The kills the clock and opens up the deep ball. Fair is a ripe machine, folks. If these teams meet in the playoffs, though, and Falls lives on the perimeter and allows Troy to make plays with his feet, this game will be different. Very good game! These teams are nearly equal... and they have been since pre-season.

Look forward to the playoffs, and perhaps to seeing Falls/Fair Part Two!

bobcatfan
10-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Truly a great game by both teams last night. I agree with 81 in that Kaleb Moore stepped up and made big plays when needed. Logan Taylors effort was equally impressive at QB, but our secondary did a REMARKABLE job last night. In the 2nd half the Falls O-line gave Mitchell ample time, but the Bobcats coverage was so strong that he often had to take what he could get with his legs. A rematch of this game in the playoffs would be amazing and either team could win on any given night. Congrats to both teams on a great performance!:notworthy

CyFallsMom
10-15-2011, 07:38 AM
I agree.. Without a doubt the most thrilling high school game i've seen this year. That was a great effort by both teams. Falls looked like they were going to take the second half, but Fair managed to turn it back around. Falls looked very good, and BIG compared to the Fair boys. Glad we were able to overcome in the end. But really, as KtCarl said, Falls has nothing to be ashamed of.. They played outstanding!

We had a feeling it was going to be a showdown.. What a Battle!!!

So glad to hear they didn't look as bad as I was being led to believe. I heard the holes were huge (then why not more than 14 points) and that we only had 1 first down the first half. Sometimes it come across differently on text messages. Anyway, there is no way Falls should be ashamed of this loss. Sounds like it was a great game and congrats also to my fellow SB Bear for doing an amazing coaching job. I hope they win out and go undefeated!! Falls will be fine the rest of the season but the remaining opponents will come into each game expecting to win so Falls will have to double down on that. Now off to Manhattan I go for the day! Protestors are going to Times Square - I dare them to interrupt my dinner at Carmine's tonight;)

cfisdbacker
10-15-2011, 07:57 AM
So glad to hear they didn't look as bad as I was being led to believe. I heard the holes were huge (then why not more than 14 points) and that we only had 1 first down the first half. Sometimes it come across differently on text messages. Anyway, there is no way Falls should be ashamed of this loss. Sounds like it was a great game and congrats also to my fellow SB Bear for doing an amazing coaching job. I hope they win out and go undefeated!! Falls will be fine the rest of the season but the remaining opponents will come into each game expecting to win so Falls will have to double down on that. Now off to Manhattan I go for the day! Protestors are going to Times Square - I dare them to interrupt my dinner at Carmine's tonight;)

Mom - if they bother you stab them with your knitting needles.

cfisdbacker
10-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Congrats to Fair and Woods on impressive wins!!! Both fantastic 17-5a games

ThEgReAtOnE
10-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Truly a great game by both teams last night. I agree with 81 in that Kaleb Moore stepped up and made big plays when needed. Logan Taylors effort was equally impressive at QB, but our secondary did a REMARKABLE job last night. In the 2nd half the Falls O-line gave Mitchell ample time, but the Bobcats coverage was so strong that he often had to take what he could get with his legs. A rematch of this game in the playoffs would be amazing and either team could win on any given night. Congrats to both teams on a great performance!:notworthy

Disagree. Mitchell did have players WIDE OPEN and either didn't see them (failure to progress) or saw them and didn't feel comfortable about the pass. And secondly, he didn't take what he could with his legs, because if he did he would've rushed for 120 yards, last night, and Falls would've likely won. I've never seen a dual-threat QB appear to be so confused, as Mitchell was. It's obvious he's been told that passing is his only option and use the run as the absolute last measure. Playback the gamefilm... you will see situations where Mitchell had 1 guy in front of him (10 yds away) or half a field to himself, yet he RARELY challenged, athletically. It's obvious he was told to throw the ball, instead of just taking off.

If that had been Matt Davis (Klein Forest) or Bralon Addison (FB Hightower) or Corey Wesley (Plano East) they would've rushed for 100+ yds on the night. Why? Because that's what the defense was giving them. And, there were plenty of drag routes that were open and Mitchell just didn't complete the pass. Mitchell is a superb athlete, so I just don't understand why anyone would tell him to be hesitant.

Anyhow... great game. If these teams meet in the playoffs, and Mitchell is allowed to run, I'd easily implement the shotgun option and use way more Zone Read. Cy Fair is certainly a team to reckon with... very Katy'esque.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-15-2011, 08:18 AM

There was NO huge holes, until the 2nd half when Cy Falls started running the Zone Read. It was a simple RB draw or dive, during the 1st half and it was CLEAR that the Cy Fair Front-7 was too strong to penetrate. The Zone Read started working off the edge... and then came the play that I thought they should've ran (much more of) in the 1st half... "WR Screen". Falls is stronger on the perimeter, while Fair is strongest between the tackles. That is CLEAR as night and day. Cy Fair tried some toss sweeps and they were easily (almost effortlessly) swallowed up by the perimeter speed of Cy Falls. The Power-I and play action/bootlegs were killing Falls. THAT is Katy'esque, almost to the exact design. You could've literally taken the Cy Fair jersey's off and replaced them with Katy Tiger uniforms and I would've thought it was Katy that was playing. That's how ALIKE Cy Fair looked like Katy... on defense and offense. For those of you haven't seen Katy play, go check them out... you'd be looking at a carbon copy of Fair... and vice versa.

Btw... hope you're loving New York. I went there, last year. Going back, next year.

C-DUB
10-15-2011, 11:02 AM
TGO was in attendance... w/ LadyTGO. Certainly a thrilling game that matched the intensity/excitement of last week's Port Arthur Memorial vs North Shore game. We had seen Cy Falls vs Cy Woods, already, so I knew what to expect from the Eagles. This was the first time to see Fair, this year. VERY IMPRESSED! QB-Taylor has a very good long-ball arm. The OL for Fair is big and very aggressive. The defensive Front-7 may be just as impressive as Katy's. Cy Falls certainly has more team speed, though... more athletes... but both teams are certainly Top 20 teams, from what I can tell and are going to go FAR in the playoffs. Rematch??? I hope so!

Having said that, I don't really like addressing this subject because it's criticizing a job or career for someone else, but the play-calling for Cy Falls was not impressive. Why keep trying to dive right up the gut on a Front-7 that is giving no movement, and is bigger, stronger, and more aggressive than you? I saw Cy Falls continue to run RIGHT AT Cy Fair... which was monumentally nuts! After the first series vs Cy Fair, I knew immediately that Falls was going to have live on the perimeter to beat Fair - I just don't understand how Falls didn't "pick that up" until the second half. When Falls came out of halftime, they threw about 15 WR screens into the mix and started gashing Fair. It's not rocket science. Your best assets are on the perimeter. You can beat them with your speed... so why not use it, all night?

Next... who in the HELL told Troy not to run the ball? There were times when Fair's defense completely over-committed and gave Troy the entire half of the field - he could've ran for a 20-25 yd gain (I kid you not)... yet, he would stay looking to pass and either throw it away or make a poor, dangerous pass. I didn't get it. The kid is an ATHLETE, first, and a QB, second. GTFOH with that, "I wanna play QB at the FBS level, so I need to learn NOT to run all the time." Sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do. Doesn't make any sense why he wouldn't run, unless he was told not to.

Fair had a very good gameplan - very simple. Power-I and then kill'em with play action and bootlegs. The kills the clock and opens up the deep ball. Fair is a ripe machine, folks. If these teams meet in the playoffs, though, and Falls lives on the perimeter and allows Troy to make plays with his feet, this game will be different. Very good game! These teams are nearly equal... and they have been since pre-season.

I agree! Hummm.... Did I say that out loud. Mitchell does not read the defense. He should have kept the football more and dish other times. Good game for sure. I was really impressed with Taylor. Good stuff last night.

C-DUB
10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
'Twas a good game and fun sitting with some of the 17-5A boys. Both teams looked good. No shame in losing this one Falls fans. Both teams got a bit conservative when backed up in their own territory and Fair especially got conservative once they got a 3 point lead. The lateral to the WR really surprised everyone.
Congrats to Cy-Fair and good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Good to see you again Carl. It was great to meet Willeby.:heli:
The Katy Fans are such a class act. Hey, Boost and I are coming
to the JACK to see this years mighty Tiggers. I'm driving!:p

cyfallsbooster2
10-15-2011, 12:54 PM

Curbs are just overrated "feelers".:p

It was good to see ktcarl again and to meet one of my idols in the Yard, RWilleby.:notworthy I thought for sure DB86 would have made it out.:ninja:

C-DUB
10-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Boy, KTCARL hammered me with a question last night that has left me with
some inner thoughts I'm trying to work out.:cool:

Bobcat81
10-15-2011, 02:05 PM

Appreciate your input TGO.. Those are all good points

Cy-Falls had a lot of success with the bubble screens in the second half. It almost seemed like Falls took the backwards approach by using the inside to set up their outside game. But with the type of speed Falls had, they would probably had better success utilizing the outside primarily to open up the middle. Falls had me concerned when they started going outside though. They were finally able to start gaining some yardage.

It appeared Cy-Fair compensated by opting to go with a 3rd "Bandit" (Jalin Champagne) instead of the usual LB (Cody Thomas) in order to counter the screen and the short crossing paterns Falls used in the second half. I can never say for sure what Cy-Fair's strategy was for making the swap, but it seemed logical to try to compensate for Falls outside speed and adding Champagne into the fray certainly would have done so. Also the TE's just weren't able to get out there either once Falls had committed to the play.

Another thing is how you mention the similarities between Cy-Fair and Katy, especially on defense. They are very alike and i have had the same thought that one would probably not see much of a difference if they swapped jerseys with one another. They are almost identicle.

I hope there is some film of this game somewhere out there that we could get our eyes on. I would like to see some of those plays over again. Especially the Kaleb Moore run. Falls had nearly stuffed that play in their pocket, but JJ was able to make the pitch. Eeven the run afterward was amazing through all the Falls traffic. Just an outstanding run by Kaleb.

I am glad that you and LadyTGO were able to make the game last night. We had a feeling that it was going to be a good one...and it was. Glad that Falls is behind us..for now anyway. We may end up meeting again. We'll see. I was just happy to be there and be a part of it. It was a great game! :notworthy

ktCarl
10-15-2011, 02:52 PM

Which game? With 3 games left Cinco Ranch and Memorial will offer the most entertainment. Those two teams are well coached. Taylor is having an awful year. I guess if you saw the Taylor vs Cy-Fair game you would agree.

The Memorial game will be at Tully so that leaves the Katy/Cinco game at 'The Jack'. 11/05, Saturday at 11:00am.

Bobcat81
10-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Which game? With 3 games left Cinco Ranch and Memorial will offer the most entertainment. Those two teams are well coached. Taylor is having an awful year. I guess if you saw the Taylor vs Cy-Fair game you would agree.

The Memorial game will be at Tully so that leaves the Katy/Cinco game at 'The Jack'. 11/05, Saturday at 11:00am.

Fair & Falls have Thurs & Friday games that week..and Woods plays Saturday, but at 4pm against Cy-Springs..

I'll be at the Katy/Cinco game..Fo Sho

ktCarl
10-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Fair & Falls have Thurs & Friday games that week..and Woods plays Saturday, but at 4pm against Cy-Springs..

I'll be at the Katy/Cinco game..Fo Sho

Then bring your posse and work out details soon since that game is usually sold out on both sides.

Bobcat81
10-15-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm sure my Bobcats are feeling a lot like this today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7QqNTASWk

On a "Ferocious" High! :cool:

Bobcat81
10-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Then bring your posse and work out details soon since that game is usually sold out on both sides.

Will do Bruther Carl! ;)

cfisdbacker
10-15-2011, 04:14 PM
]Then bring your posse[/B] and work out details soon since that game is usually sold out on both sides.

81 - I am out - would love to be there! Will head out early Saturday morning to Norman to see a kid that used to live on my street and OU/AM. Hopefully celebrate his 2nd OU intermural football championship! Have fun!

cyfallsbooster2
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Will do Bruther Carl! ;)

Think I can make it....for now.:cool:

I want to see MissKitty again. It has been awhile.

C-DUB
10-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm out also for 11/5. Flying out that day for a meeting in Atlanta.:(

Dynastybegan86
10-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Curbs are just overrated "feelers".:p

It was good to see ktcarl again and to meet one of my idols in the Yard, RWilleby.:notworthy I thought for sure DB86 would have made it out.:ninja:

If the game would of have been at the Berry I would've been there! Just do not like watching football from my truck because they need more lights for the field!

Seriously, couldn't make it because I was driving back from New Orleans.

By the way, C-Dub....you sick bro! lol Happy HalloweenE dude, serious?!

C-DUB
10-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm sure my Bobcats are feeling a lot like this today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7QqNTASWk

On a "Ferocious" High! :cool:

That is too cool. Just floating on top of the world.
I'm getting use to this season on the brink stuff.
What does success feel like?:heli:

Bobcat81
10-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Got some good news for the rest of the teams in 17-5A..

Big #90 starting at DT for Cy-Fair in the Falls game (Ross Donally)??

He's a Freshman :D

Bobcat81
10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
That is too cool. Just floating on top of the world.
I'm getting use to this season on the brink stuff.
What does success feel like?:heli:

I've always had a thing for Warbirds.. ;)

It's high limited only by the amount of fuel in your gas tank. We'll see how far and how wisely they take it..

Bobcat81
10-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Video coverage of the Cy-Fair vs. Cy-Falls game can be viewed here,

courtesy of TSRN;
http://www.ihigh.com/tsrnsports/broadcast_183810.html?silverlight=1

cyfallsbooster2
10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
He's a Freshman :D

:Censor::Censor::Censor: