PDA

View Full Version : North Shore @ West Brook-Predictions

82 5A State Champs
10-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I know, I know....NS should come in and wipe the floor with WB. Maybe we can take a few pointers from our brothers down the road on how to beat them. LOL! Your thoughts? WB just might be there, at the end, claiming one of those playoff spots.

Mr. Rod
10-08-2011, 11:17 AM
If NS shows up to party empty handed like they've been doing this season, WB should win this game. Something is going on at NS that is effecting the team negatively, just don't know what it is. Despite what folks are saying, NS isn't dying, it's just one of those years. Looking forward to seeing the stadium though, I've only passed by and it looks amazing.

Dawg82
10-08-2011, 11:37 AM
If NS shows up to party empty handed like they've been doing this season, WB should win this game. Something is going on at NS that is effecting the team negatively, just don't know what it is. Despite what folks are saying, NS isn't dying, it's just one of those years. Looking forward to seeing the stadium though, I've only passed by and it looks amazing.

Is NS not pounding up the middle at all any more?

Mr. Rod
10-08-2011, 11:42 AM

They are, but like I've said, the O-line hasn't been what we've seen in past couple of years. It also doesn't help when you run the same play over and over, teams will pick it up eventually. NS suprisingly has some success running to the outside against PA. Didn't think they would considering PAM's speed.

Dawg82
10-08-2011, 11:49 AM
They are, but like I've said, the O-line hasn't been what we've seen in past couple of years. It also doesn't help when you run the same play over and over, teams will pick it up eventually. NS suprisingly has some success running to the outside against PA. Didn't think they would considering PAM's speed.

Wow. That's surprising to me also (outside runs). I thought speed would be--at best--a draw. The other question was simply because I thought I remembered some Katy posters mentioning BWB may be soft in the middle. Of course, they were running behind the Katy OL.

Mr. Rod
10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Wow. That's surprising to me also (outside runs). I thought speed would be--at best--a draw. The other question was simply because I thought I remembered some Katy posters mentioning BWB may be soft in the middle. Of course, they were running behind the Katy OL.

Zone read takes about 2-3 secs to decide and go, all that's doing is giving the D-line extra time to get away from the O-Line. I like the zone read, but most of the time a QB can read the Defense from the pocket.

patitan
10-08-2011, 11:58 AM
barring penalties,north shore should win this one. bwb running game is almost do not exist(expect for against tyler lee:rolleyes:). the passing game is highly suspect. stump throws to one guy and that's malone,#16 and he's a little wr. 28-10 north shore.

Dawg82
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I'd be interested what "my other brother 82" has to say. I haven't seen BWB in person yet. I do know they're at home and maybe feeling disrespected.

Frobeus
10-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Formations and play design does not allow for a strong up the middle running style. Unless a team is just particularly horrible at both the DT and MLB they wont have sustained success with this approach.

Would require major formation changes and OL blocking schemes.

82 5A State Champs
10-08-2011, 02:27 PM
barring penalties,north shore should win this one. bwb running game is almost do not exist(expect for against tyler lee:rolleyes:). the passing game is highly suspect. stump throws to one guy and that's malone,#16 and he's a little wr. 28-10 north shore.

WB's running game is coming along quite nicely. With the exception of a few SR's, this is a very young team. Percy Johnson has been hitting the running lanes, and if he gets into open space, he can burn you. QB Stump's play has definitely improved in recent weeks. He seems to be less apt to run, immediately, and has been staying in the pocket longer and completing more passes. Yes, #16 Jalen Malone is a great WR, but he's not the only one. Robert Redd has been getting some catches, and has made an impact since he joined the team. NS wont be able to cover both WR's successfully. Our weak point has to be the inexperience on the D-line, or defense as a whole. Our secondary is better than its been in years past, but the run defense is not as good. Still, they seem to be showing signs of improvement every week. WB may, or may not beat NS, but I think we'll be laying claim to one of those playoff spots when its all over with. Dont overlook WB. This team is not that bad, and is getting better.

LPBulldogBlog
10-13-2011, 10:48 AM
I think this one could turn into a good game. Two good defenses.

No hype at all though.

Big Daddy Cool
10-13-2011, 12:35 PM
As Mr. Rod said if all depends which North Shore offense shows up this week. If its the offense that has taken the field the past couple of weeks then its going to be another long night. But if we can find our grove and get somethings going then it could turn into a good game. Haven't seen Brook this year but I expect them to come ready to defend their home turf as they always do when we come to town.

KT2000
10-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I've seen NS (twice) and BWB this year. BWB's defense is not what it was last year, and the offense is not as good without a consistent running threat at QB. Also, BWB lacks the change of pace back they found to compliment Percy Johnson last year.

I think NS will be fine if they'll just keep the ball on the ground and make sure milton is heavily involved. I think NS needs more plays designed directly for the RBs and that they don't have to call reads every down. If mcduffey isn't involved in the passing game, hand him the rock.

I'll go with NS by 21+.

ray1301
10-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I've seen NS (twice) and BWB this year. BWB's defense is not what it was last year, and the offense is not as good without a consistent running threat at QB. Also, BWB lacks the change of pace back they found to compliment Percy Johnson last year.

I think NS will be fine if they'll just keep the ball on the ground and make sure milton is heavily involved. I think NS needs more plays designed directly for the RBs and that they don't have to call reads every down. If mcduffey isn't involved in the passing game, hand him the rock.

I'll go with NS by 21+.

Very very easy to run a wild-cat formation with the NS type of offense. If your zone-read is taking longer than 2 seconds to execute your in trouble with a good defense.

NS should be able to win this.

NS - 42
BWB - 10

KT2000
10-13-2011, 01:26 PM
They are, but like I've said, the O-line hasn't been what we've seen in past couple of years.

I think Shore has good players up front, but I don't think they are the right fit for this offense necessarily. Stony Point had much smaller OLs than what North Shore has. I think this offense almost requires a Wing T type line because of all the movement required. I'd want a line averaging between 220-260 pounds for the offense NS is trying to run.

Against pam, the most successful runs I noticed for Shore were the ones when the OL was able to put its hands on people and move the furniture. On other plays, they were feeling for blocks as opposed to attacking for them.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
10-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Bruins by ten. It's homecoming. ;)

82 5A State Champs
10-13-2011, 05:09 PM

I'll go with NS by 21+.

Make no mistake, Stump can run! In fact, I'd say thats his best asset at QB because his accuracy when throwing the ball has been questionable, at best. I think WB will be fine. Coach Stump may not play it so conservative, and open up the play book a bit.;) As another poster said, NS's run defense is pretty good, which is why I think we'll try to go to the air to move the ball. Hoping to get off work in enough time to go see this game!

patitan
10-13-2011, 05:53 PM
i had ns winning this thing pretty easy....until i heard some info that's not confirmed. if so...

brook 24-14.

to admins,did i break a rule?? just want to stay within the rules. just as a discussion,this could change north shores scoring ability.

Big Daddy Cool
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
I think NS needs more plays designed directly for the RBs and that they don't have to call reads every down. If mcduffey isn't involved in the passing game, hand him the rock.

I totally agree with you on this all season they have routinely sent McDuffey and Deleon in motion yet they have only handed them the ball less than a handful of times. As I told someone last week we've done that so much that I don't think most teams even pay attention do it. And with a Qb that is obviously not adept at making quick and precise reads why not do all that you can to help the offense become productive.

griggie1969
10-14-2011, 07:59 AM
what has happen to north shores fan base i could not believe we had more fans they did last week it tripped me out

Ns Mustangs 07
10-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh believe me they was there its just that they was in the condession bar section and by the ramp chit chatting and some people was watching the game from the tv where the condession stand was

ktchamp97
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
i had ns winning this thing pretty easy....until i heard some info that's not confirmed. if so...

brook 24-14.

to admins,did i break a rule?? just want to stay within the rules. just as a discussion,this could change north shores scoring ability.
That was plenty vague enough, so no I don't see a problem with what you wrote. Problems arise when people get into specifics and stating things as absolute truth.

From what I've seen, it would take multiple turnovers deep in their own territory for NS to allow 24 points against WB. If they do however, they could be in trouble. The NS offense has some issues, but I think they'll have enough to beat the Bruins.

82 5A State Champs
10-14-2011, 11:52 AM
How much of a factor will play into NS's QB being out with an injury. Who else do they have, since Thomas is out? Wasn't he the backup, anyway? Just wondering how much this changes things for the game?

Ns Mustangs 07
10-14-2011, 01:06 PM
is anyone going to keep us posted ns vs bwb score

ray1301
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
is anyone going to keep us posted ns vs bwb score

There will be a thread with all of the score updates flowing in from the games.

patitan
10-14-2011, 01:40 PM
so,does this mean ns will tank the season??? i really wanted them to make the playoffs. it could very well be PAM,LP,BWB,CV representing 21-5a. with no thomas,i'm afraid ns is/will be in for a long night. defense will have to win games from here on out.

Mr. Rod
10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
what has happen to north shores fan base i could not believe we had more fans they did last week it tripped me out

NS has it's fans like most schools do. Bandwagoners. For the Ike and KW game we had a great turnout, but with NS not playing as well as they have, there won't be as big as a crowd as usual. Ask any professional team. I was glad to see PAM bring a lot of fans. But lets not pretend that they have sold out at every away game. A third of them showed up to Aldine and I recall a playoff game at GPISD with a disappointing showing. NS could have a fan base almost as big as Katy's. Neither Teams or school organizations embrace their fanbase.

Ns Mustangs 07
10-14-2011, 01:56 PM
what kind of injury did micah thomas had

and how long will he be out

ray1301
10-14-2011, 01:57 PM
what kind of injury did micah thomas had

and how long will he be out

We are not supposed to really discuss injuries on the board

Ns Mustangs 07
10-14-2011, 02:03 PM
dats understandable but when did he get injured

Nsalumni
10-14-2011, 03:13 PM
He played the Pam game while injured if that's what youre asking.

patitan
10-14-2011, 03:40 PM
He played the Pam game while injured if that's what youre asking.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: really....maybe he got injured during the PAM game....with that type of injury,you CAN'T play...or should i say at best it makes you one dimentional.

WB'12
10-14-2011, 03:44 PM
If anyone's on twitter, I'll be updating the game from @WestBrookTimes, follow if you have one!

Nsalumni
10-14-2011, 03:48 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: really....maybe he got injured during the PAM game....with that type of injury,you CAN'T play...or should i say at best it makes you one dimentional.

A friend Spoke to him but ok???

patitan
10-14-2011, 05:27 PM
A friend Spoke to him but ok???

and the coach let him play like that??

Nsalumni
10-14-2011, 05:38 PM

You couldnt see how off his passes were?

patitan
10-14-2011, 06:43 PM
to be honest we thought he was that bad of a passer. his numbers before PAM was not that impressive at all. he was completing less than half of his passes. so we just thought the over thrown and one hop passes was bad mechanics. still i while he was handling the ball he showed no signs of injury. tough kid i guess...

NSStangs#1fan
10-14-2011, 06:59 PM
With all my finals and exams this week and next, I forgot today is Friday. For those who are unable to attend TSRN will be broadcasting the game! :D

If anyone still needs updates I will be happy to give them as I will be on my computer anyhow!

patitan
10-14-2011, 10:37 PM
nice win north shore....yes i hate west brook more than north shore!!!

NSStangs#1fan
10-14-2011, 10:42 PM

According to TSRN they didn't know. Everyone just thought he was having a bad game.

Anywho Newsome fit right into the slot and took the reigns! Well done Stangs! Now if only they can keep the momentum from the second half going for the rest of the season.

tigerfan2010
10-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I read where he was done for the season earlier this week.

bigd92
10-15-2011, 12:16 AM
NS limped into BMT and beat the Bruins 17-3; WB kept it close in the first half as they went to the lockers 3-0 at half. NS played a much better second half but still killed some drives with penalties.

Nsalumni
10-15-2011, 12:35 AM
I read where he was done for the season earlier this week.

Who and where

WB'12
10-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Tough loss tonight, thought we had the Mustangs where we wanted them at the half. They made adjustments though. So #10 Thomas didn't play, but Newsom was out there. I though Newsome was injured as well though at the start of the season? Did he just heal up but didn't get the starting job back? He was very elusive tonight.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
10-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Wait. That was the starter??

Nsalumni
10-15-2011, 12:54 AM

Who?

Mr. Buddy Garrity
10-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Who?

Newsome

WB'12
10-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Newsome? Yes he started tonight but I though he was injured along with Thomas. I honestly had no idea what to make of the NS QB situation tonight, but WB def. couldn't stop whoever was back there anyway when it counted.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
10-15-2011, 01:08 AM
If he's back NS makes the playoffs. I thought he tore an ACL

Nsalumni
10-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Newsome

Newsome played tonight with a torn acl, will prolly start til playoffs, Thomas played against pam with a bad wrist. Newsome is shorter, but faster, and so far much more accurate.

Nsalumni
10-15-2011, 01:12 AM
If he's back NS makes the playoffs. I thought he tore an ACL

Ns will make the playoffs regardless. And more than likely wins out from here. Newsome took one half to get back into the speed of the game, then wrecked from there on out. He is very athletic and had he been a little further in the healing process likely would have played against Pam. During the Pam game Thomas had to play considering we didn't have a healthy back up. That's why in the 4th you saw us completely ditch the passing game

WB'12
10-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Newsome played tonight with a torn acl, will prolly start til playoffs, Thomas played against pam with a bad wrist. Newsome is shorter, but faster, and so far much more accurate.
Torn ACL?!? Thats unreal. Probably wasn't too severe or must've healed enough to allow him to play tonight. Very nice performance from Newsome tonight, made the plays when it really counted for NS. :notworthy

Mr. Buddy Garrity
10-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Tough kid IMO

Nsalumni
10-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Yes he tore his ACL last year in the scrimmage and missed the season, then he tore his ACL AGAIN in the Katy game this year. now he's back, and he was making things happen, despite the bad snaps, which probably came from the center being used to Micah Thomas who is 4 or 5 inches taller. so that should work itself put. came as a shock to me to see he was out there... from what I gathered Tim Chenier was supposed to start tonight(could be wrong) and Newsome was a last second kinda thing. Personally I'm very glad to see hin out there. He's missed two seasons in which he was a projected starter. And now he is toughing out a torn ACL to make his dreams of being a great mustang quarterback come true. Gotta give that guy props.

Austin109
10-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Yes he tore his ACL last year in the scrimmage and missed the season, then he tore his ACL AGAIN in the Katy game this year. now he's back, and he was making things happen, despite the bad snaps, which probably came from the center being used to Micah Thomas who is 4 or 5 inches taller. so that should work itself put. came as a shock to me to see he was out there... from what I gathered Tim Chenier was supposed to start tonight(could be wrong) and Newsome was a last second kinda thing. Personally I'm very glad to see hin out there. He's missed two seasons in which he was a projected starter. And now he is toughing out a torn ACL to make his dreams of being a great mustang quarterback come true. Gotta give that guy props.

Seriously, if he is playing with a torn ACL he is making a dumb move. I hope he stops thinking about here and now and starts thinking about if he would like to be able to walk without a cane in the future.

NSStangs#1fan
10-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Seriously, if he is playing with a torn ACL he is making a dumb move. I hope he stops thinking about here and now and starts thinking about if he would like to be able to walk without a cane in the future.

I don't think the training staff or the coaches would let him play if they felt the risk was too great.

LPBulldogBlog
10-15-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't see how anybody would let a kid play with a torn ACL.

This injury talk should end right here unless you have an article documenting this conjecture.

Just my opinion.

North Shore pulled it together. Next week will be a ugly game at this point. Two stout defenses and two bad offenses.

patitan
10-15-2011, 10:45 AM

This injury talk should end right here unless you have an article documenting this conjecture.

Just my opinion.

North Shore pulled it together. Next week will be a ugly game at this point. Two stout defenses and two bad offenses.

are you saying laporte havea stout defense???:rofl:. sterling didn't think so.

Nsalumni
10-15-2011, 10:58 AM

Just my opinion.

I think its pretty common knowledge that Newsome has a problem with his ACL all the media outlets have reported it, otherwise I wouldn't open my mouth on the subject. And I know our coaching staff wouldn't let him play if the felt there was too much risk...

Ns Mustangs 07
10-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Ns did a hell of a game without thomas i really thought newsome was done for the season but i was wrong

lets see how la porte gonna do

i hear that the pam vs cv game is going hard right now