ray1301
10-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Here you go KtCarl.

Texas Bob
10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
First off, I hate Thursday night games!!:mad:

tigerfan2010
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Katy has two in a row too. Tigers will continue to roll, but this very weak district is doing the Tigers no good!!! We need to see something different each week to be ready for the playoffs.

Texas Bob
10-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Katy has two in a row too. Tigers will continue to roll, but this very weak district is doing the Tigers no good!!! We need to see something different each week to be ready for the playoffs.

If you review the KISD Schedule for Rhodes Stadium there is never more than one game on Saturday. If they scheduled a Saturday morning and evening game there would be no need for Thursday night games.

dada
10-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Didnt they have Saturday double headers a few years ago?

Bass
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Didnt they have Saturday double headers a few years ago?

Yeah, but some jackoff decided that didn't work.

KTB mom
10-03-2011, 10:26 AM
If you review the KISD Schedule for Rhodes Stadium there is never more than one game on Saturday. If they scheduled a Saturday morning and evening game there would be no need for Thursday night games.

The Katy Bands host the KISD Marching Contest in October (I think it's the 2nd Saturday.) They start at 8 and go to 4. It's one of the major fundraisers for KISD Bands.

ktCarl
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM

Morton Ranch has a very good RB...#20 or #22.....I can't recall his number but I saw him vs Cy-Falls in week 1 and he's the real deal.

cougmantx
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM

They have done that before. I think they are just picking on Katy...:D

Texas Bob
10-03-2011, 04:15 PM
The Katy Bands host the KISD Marching Contest in October (I think it's the 2nd Saturday.) They start at 8 and go to 4. It's one of the major fundraisers for KISD Bands.

I'm all for the band using the stadium but that only accounts for one weekend, maybe two if the UIL Marching contest is held at Rhodes. Some KISD Varsity team is playing a Thursday game every week for 10 weeks.

cyfallsbooster2
10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm all for the band using the stadium but that only accounts for one weekend, maybe two if the UIL Marching contest is held at Rhodes. Some KISD Varsity team is playing a Thursday game every week for 10 weeks.

Typically done to keep the kids out of the afternoon heat during August and Sept. Once we get to the cooler temps they don't worry about it so much. Much better on us fans, too.:D

scarsofinsanity
10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
This thread was needed.

TxDrake
10-03-2011, 09:48 PM
This thread was needed.

Massey has Morton ranch 11' beating Katy 07' in a 34-0 shut out!

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/matchup/Katy-High-School-Katy-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/

Also beating

07'
SLC
Trinity
and Judson by the same score

I'm nervous now:(

Bass
10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Massey has Morton ranch 11' beating Katy 07' in a 34-0 shut out!

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/matchup/Katy-High-School-Katy-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/

Also beating

07'
SLC
Trinity
and Judson by the same score

I'm nervous now:(

Just in case anyone wants to go off on Massey, and they can if they want, there are no score predictions for any 2007 teams. They predict 2007 Katy vs. 2007 Morton to be a 0-0 tie.

KatyTigerDad0407
10-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Here we are at post #15 and KtCarl is the only on who has posted anything regarding the topic:D

TxDrake
10-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Here we are at post #15 and KtCarl is the only on who has posted anything regarding the topic:D

I included Katy and MR in my post:cool: That's at least partial credit

ktCarl
10-04-2011, 06:10 AM

I think this thread has been hi-jerked.

I was fearful this was becoming a band thread. :(

Texas Bob
10-04-2011, 11:44 AM
How about those Mavericks!!:)

Kat-na-hat
10-04-2011, 12:12 PM
How about those Mavericks!!:)

Who dat?

rodjohns
10-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Really ? Katy vs Morton Ranch….c'mon now….

dada
10-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Morton Ranch beat Tomball.....who beat Westfield......who beat...Memorial......who beat Pearland....wh....

naaaaa you're right:D

wolfpack4life
10-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Morton Ranch by 30+:cool:

In all seriousness, Katy people help me out with something. Everyone on Morton's roster runs 4.4's and have good size, not to mention the fact that the school has good enrollment. Why in the wide world do they suck so bad?

dada
10-04-2011, 04:59 PM

In all seriousness, Katy people help me out with something. Everyone on Morton's roster runs 4.4's and have good size, not to mention the fact that the school has good enrollment. Why in the wide world do they suck so bad?

Not to mention coached by former Desoto coach Dave Meadows.......participation is an issue.....MR has been through a rough few years.....this is basicly the HS version of the SMU death penalty. The 40 or so they have suited up are pound for pound some of the most athletic in the city.

Pool Man
10-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Not to mention coached by former Desoto coach Dave Meadows.......participation is an issue.....MR has been through a rough few years.....this is basicly the HS version of the SMU death penalty. The 40 or so they have suited up are pound for pound some of the most athletic in the city.

I was telling Texas Bob the other night that if this coach can get their feet under them and have even a little bit of success, Morton Ranch could establish something over there pretty quick.

scarsofinsanity
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM

The latest coach came in to pick up the pieces after the second coaches got fired. After a rough first couple seasons it looks as if he's having trouble getting anyone to actually join the football program. I over hear the students in the stands sometimes and they think the program is a joke and will never win. Basically to get the players he needs he has to win to get them interested... and to win he needs more players. I may not agree with his play calling, but he is on the right track IMO.

TxDrake
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
The latest coach came in to pick up the pieces after the second coaches got fired. After a rough first couple seasons it looks as if he's having trouble getting anyone to actually join the football program. I over hear the students in the stands sometimes and they think the program is a joke and will never win. Basically to get the players he needs he has to win to get them interested... and to win he needs more players. I may not agree with his play calling, but he is on the right track IMO.

Don't know if it's true, but I work with a recent grad who said he and his friends found Meadows abrasive when he 1st arrived. In Meadows defense that may be a case of him expecting more from players than they were use to and them not liking it. I don't know 1 way or the other.

KTB mom
10-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Katy 63
Morton Ranch 7 (in garbage time)

ktCarl
10-04-2011, 09:26 PM

If you're a Katy or Morton Ranch fan what else is there to talk about? Lewisville vs Allen? :yes:

ktCarl
10-04-2011, 09:31 PM

Sounds like coaching isn't the problem over there. Give another couple of years for those dead heads to graduate and maybe they start winning.

CincoSoph
10-04-2011, 09:50 PM
I Actually think that katy will be suprised at how good mr actually is and will only be leading by 7/10 at the half and then pull away.

Katy 41
Morton Ranch 17

BlakeJ
10-05-2011, 12:05 AM

The polls dictate the outcome. Thats why we keep making them no matter what.

Dynastybegan86
10-05-2011, 12:32 AM
I Actually think that katy will be suprised at how good mr actually is and will only be leading by 7/10 at the half and then pull away.

Katy 41
Morton Ranch 17

The average score for this series is 50-7 in favor of Katy.
The closest game between the 2 happened in 2008 when Katy led by a slim margin at half at 20-14. Katy when on to roll in the second half and Morton Ranch scored the most points in that game, 14points.

Now I'm all for believeing that Coach Meadows has improvevd the program over on Franz Rd, but he would have had to improve them ten fold for them to score 17, I guess we'll see...

Also, as has been stated numerous times, Katy's D is built to stop the run. MR runs the football. I expect to see a heavy dose of the sophomore phenom AJ Echelus and junior Deion Williams, but that is not going to win the game. The Mavericks do not pass very well and imo they are going to have to throw the ball a lot more to try and keep Katy from all out shutting down their offense.
Like I said, we'll see...

Dynastybegan86
10-05-2011, 12:34 AM
The polls dictate the outcome. Thats why we keep making them no matter what.

Wow, I'm shocked to read your surprising football knowledge. Please continue to impress us with your great posts.:heli:

jc84chill
10-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Wow, I'm shocked to read your surprising football knowledge. Please continue to impress us with your great posts.:heli:

Better question is, are we ever going to see you at another game, DB?

Dynastybegan86
10-05-2011, 01:00 AM

I'll see you Thursday and since you are the only one that seems to care, I think I'll share my blue peanut m&m's with you this week!:yes:

dada
10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
I'll see you Thursday and since you are the only one that seems to care, I think I'll share my blue peanut m&m's with you this week!:yes:

Taking shots at me huh??? I dont care? Who calls you after every game? You're acting like BlakeJ now..

ktCarl
10-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Taking shots at me huh??? I dont care? Who calls you after every game? You're acting like BlakeJ now..

If I don't see him I text him. He hates all of us. He's still mad at me because I didn't buy him a program for a game he didn't attend.

dada
10-05-2011, 08:32 AM
If I don't see him I text him. He hates all of us. He's still mad at me because I didn't buy him a program for a game he didn't attend.

He's been hanging with Forward Pass.....he's changing.

Pool Man
10-05-2011, 04:51 PM

He sat next to me at the 7 Lakes game....all decked out in his navy blue shirt and orange hat!

An even better question is, are you sure you want to ever see him at another game? ;)

BlakeJ
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM

M&M's? This is a football board. Stop acting like a child here. Do I need to learn you on board etiquette?

BlakeJ
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
He's been hanging with Forward Pass.....he's changing.

Ahhhhhhhhhh that's why he don't like me. I'm the guy that made Forward Pass go away. :(

rodjohns
10-06-2011, 07:29 AM
If you're a Katy or Morton Ranch fan what else is there to talk about? Lewisville vs Allen? :yes:

The Kleins….and 13-5A...:D

ktCarl
10-06-2011, 01:00 PM
The Kleins….and 13-5A...:D

Saw Klein Forrest in week 0. :)

dada
10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_899641.html

1moreX
10-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Morton Ranch has a very good RB...#20 or #22.....I can't recall his number but I saw him vs Cy-Falls in week 1 and he's the real deal.

Supposedly these two RB's do the 40 in 4.3 seconds. When CS scrimmaged them they were never a problem. Someone might want to check that stop watch again.

Bobcat81
10-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Watched the game on the tube last night and despite it being a lopsided win for Katy, i thought both teams did well.

RB for Katy really hits the holes hard. I was pleased to see that being that he was considered a backup for Taylor.

#40 (DE ?) for Morton Ranch stood out and made some big plays. Another thing i noticed was that it appeared MR's defense never gave up. They played a lot better than i anticipated..

Congrats to Katy on the win. Looks like Red hasn't missed a beat in Taylors absence.

cougmantx
10-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Where the heck was the Katy game on? This is the second post I've seen saying they were on TV. I had to be at my brother in laws so I knew I wouldn't be at the game...Oh well...the score indicates about what I expected.

scarsofinsanity
10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Where the heck was the Katy game on? This is the second post I've seen saying they were on TV. I had to be at my brother in laws so I knew I wouldn't be at the game...Oh well...the score indicates about what I expected.

The Kube or w/e channel 57.

cougmantx
10-07-2011, 01:16 PM
The Kube or w/e channel 57.

didn't know...or I would have recorded it. :(

jc84chill
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
didn't know...or I would have recorded it. :(

Come on man...see the "TV Schedules" thread pinned at the top since June. :)

And/or sign up for Twitter, follow @Katyfootball and you won't miss another bit of important information regarding your Tigers.

cougmantx
10-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Come on man...see the "TV Schedules" thread pinned at the top since June. :)

And/or sign up for Twitter, follow @Katyfootball and you won't miss another bit of important information regarding your Tigers.

Yeah, should have done that. I have signed up for the twitter account a couple of times. Don't think I use it right or something...

Bass
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, should have done that. I have signed up for the twitter account a couple of times. Don't think I use it right or something...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/ZAKeener/sunday.png

:D

jc84chill
10-07-2011, 02:24 PM

Just messin' with ya...yea that Twitter is kinda tricky at first.

cougmantx
10-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Just messin' with ya...yea that Twitter is kinda tricky at first.

oh I know...I just never suspected this would be the Katy game that got broadcasted...:rofl:

Austin109
10-07-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_899641.html

Not sure who the poster of that video is but do you know if there is a MR version of that? I want to see Ranchs O more in depth.

scarsofinsanity
10-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Not sure who the poster of that video is but do you know if there is a MR version of that? I want to see Ranchs O more in depth.

Okay. Watching the video it was a clear Horse Collar.

Also, that was about the entire MR offense. Not sure how much more in depth you can go.

BlakeJ
10-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Im not a big fan of his videos...we see every inch of Rodney Andersons 2 and 3 yard runs...but only half of our passing TD's.

Pool Man
10-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Im not a big fan of his videos...we see every inch of Rodney Andersons 2 and 3 yard runs...but only half of our passing TD's.

:rofl:
He's tryin'....and I appreciate him for that. Funny comment though.