PDA

View Full Version : 7Lakes vs Cinco Ranch

ktCarl
09-27-2011, 07:14 AM
My take on this game:

This is the best time to date for 7Lakes to knock off Cinco. 7Lakes has a big OL and executed well vs Katy. The D is pretty good too. Better than other 7Lakes' D's that I've seen.

Cinco's advantages are;
deeper at RB position
more athletic QB
better coaches

The intangible that can't be discounted is that 7Lakes has picked Cinco for it's main rival. Yes they want to beat Katy buttttttttttt it seems beating Cinco is more of a priority. 7lakes plays it's hardest and best vs Cinco.
I want to see 7lakes win not because I dislike Cinco Nation but I think it would be a fun night if it happened. (Vain attempt to flush out FPass:D)

ray1301
09-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Poll? This would be a better poll than the KHSvsStrake

ktCarl
09-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Poll? This would be a better poll than the KHSvsStrake

Wow! So the threads post as you are making a poll....interesting.

ray1301
09-27-2011, 07:19 AM
My take on this game:

This is the best time to date for 7Lakes to knock off Cinco. 7Lakes has a big OL and executed well vs Katy. The D is pretty good too. Better than other 7Lakes' D's that I've seen.

Cinco's advantages are;
deeper at RB position
more athletic QB
better coaches

The intangible that can't be discounted is that 7Lakes has picked Cinco for it's main rival. Yes they want to beat Katy buttttttttttt it seems beating Cinco is more of a priority. 7lakes plays it's hardest and best vs Cinco.
I want to see 7lakes win not because I dislike Cinco Nation but I think it would be a fun night if it happened. (Vain attempt to flush out FPass:D)

I would like to see this also because I would like for the competition in 19-5A to get better and having tangible district rivalries might breed better competition.

ray1301
09-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Wow! So the threads post as you are making a poll....interesting.

I get to work around 6:15 every morning. It is part of my daily routine to login to to the board and see what was posted last night. Later in the day I get to busy to really jack with it.

ktCarl
09-27-2011, 07:23 AM
I get to work around 6:15 every morning. It is part of my daily routine to login to to the board and see what was posted last night. Later in the day I get to busy to really jack with it.

I had not submitted the thread because I was working on the poll but you had already responded?????????? It's getting closer to Halloween.

twcpfan1
09-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Why would 7L pick CR as their main rival? Does CR even know where the school is located?

ray1301
09-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Why would 7L pick CR as their main rival? Does CR even know where the school is located?

Similar school demographics, similar size, but on the south side of I-10 and west of Highway 99.

Plus 7L has nearly beat Cinco in the Halloween scare of 2008.

Kind of like Cinco chose Katy as their Rival. Who knows....

Texas Bob
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
I really like the 7 Lakes Tee Shirts:
7 > 5

The Ultimate geek football shirt

Fleeman93
09-27-2011, 09:11 AM
I hope stinko stomps a mud hole in ponds and it isn't because I want stinko to stomp a mud hole in ponds but more because I hope we have a couple more quality opponents before the playoffs. As it stands there is Memorial and stinko that looks to be playoff teams remaining on Katy's schedule so I hope they are quality enough to beat a ponds team that Katy disposed of easily. I am kind of leaning toward ponds winning this game though unless they have another ponds type meltdown against stinko.

ray1301
09-27-2011, 09:29 AM
It will probably end up as score fest. I don't see 7L defense stopping James and company and I don't see CR defense stopping 7L's offense

TigerHat
09-27-2011, 07:43 PM
My projector gives a slight edge to 7 Lakes, the 5A website projector gives a slight edge to Cinco. I predict that one of our projectors will be correct. On a statistical basis this game is really too close to call.

cougmantx
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I've got a gut feeling on this one...I think 7 Lakes takes it. I think they want it real bad and if there was ever a year for them to do it, I think it is this year! I haven't been able to see either team play but I have listened to games both have played. No rhyme or reason but I think this is the year 7 Lakes does the deed.

LILBradford
09-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I've got a gut feeling on this one...I think 7 Lakes takes it. I think they want it real bad and if there was ever a year for them to do it, I think it is this year! I haven't been able to see either team play but I have listened to games both have played. No rhyme or reason but I think this is the year 7 Lakes does the deed.

I'm with you man. After watching lakes play Katy and knock them on their heels for a quarter, my first thought was "look out Cinco." If seven lakes comes out with the fire they had against Katy, Cinco better play darn near perfect. Lakes had more fire in their eyes than I havent seen a team with in a long time. I'm rooting for ponds. Score? I have no clue.

Fleeman93
09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Everyone should keep in mind that every single year these two teams have played ponds has found a way to give the game away.

LILBradford
09-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Everyone should keep in mind that every single year these two teams have played ponds has found a way to give the game away.

I think part of ponds problem is coaches being too conservative, from what I've heard ponds likes to play great and then just hunker down on what they've got and pray.

jc84chill
09-27-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm going with Cinco Ranch. I've yet to see Seven Lakes put together four quarters of football. In last year's matchup, they were right there for three quarters, but essentially lost the fourth quarter 21-0 (Lakes tacked on a score w/ 26 seconds left).

I don't expect Seven Lakes to defend Cinco Ranch much differently than they did Katy last week. That is to single up on each WR, everyone else within 7 yards of the LOS - stuff up the middle. Cinco will spread 'em out more pre-snap than Katy did, but the idea will be the same. It's a high risk/high reward strategy that I don't think they can get away with over four quarters unless the CR OL is totally overmatched.

On the other side of the ball, I think Seven Lakes bails out their opponents with the dink and dunk passing game. When you don't complete a high percentage of these passes, you put yourself in some tough down and distance situations, makes it difficult to gain any field position on your failed drives and doesn't put any stress on the opposing defense. If I were Lakes, I'd go with a healthy dose of Oglesby and Guillard all night long.

For these reasons, I like Cinco Ranch to win the game.

KatyTigerDad0407
09-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Everyone should keep in mind that every single year these two teams have played ponds has found a way to give the game away.That is true. This is a new year though. Even the Cowboys couldn't give away their game like they were supposed too.

Mr. Rod
09-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Im thinking Cinco Ranch wins, either way I'll be watching on tv. Channel 653 Comcast customers, the Kube will be broadcasting live from Rhodes.

Fleeman93
09-27-2011, 10:57 PM
I think part of ponds problem is coaches being too conservative, from what I've heard ponds likes to play great and then just hunker down on what they've got and pray.

Oh I don't know. It looks like ponds really put it on 1-4 Dulles and 1-4 Richmond without letting up. Maybe they can continue that trend against other teams not named Kempner or Katy.

Fleeman93
09-27-2011, 10:59 PM
That is true. This is a new year though. Even the Cowboys couldn't give away their game like they were supposed too.

New year with the same staff and same mentality throughout the program.

ktCarl
09-28-2011, 06:33 AM

Cinco's advantages are;
deeper at RB position
more athletic QB
better coaches

That's where #3 comes into play.

I would think it entertaining to see;

7Lakes 28
Cinco 27

But it will prolly be;

Cinco 35
7Lakes 17

Kat-na-hat
09-28-2011, 12:06 PM
This is Lakes game of the year, It's their turn. cinco sucks:);) lakes +1

ktCarl
09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
This is Lakes game of the year, It's their turn. cinco sucks:);) lakes +1

It's definitely 19-5A GOW.

Bass
09-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Until about five months ago I wasn't even sure Seven Lakes really existed cause I had never seen it before. I think I was the first.

tigerfan2010
09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
7 Lakes by 10....

I think the CR passing game might be harder for 7 Lakes to defend than the running game, unless CR line has improved, it could be a long night for CR.

Kat-na-hat
09-28-2011, 05:46 PM
It's definitely 19-5A GOW.

Should be an offensive show with 60 + scored in the game:eek:

ktCarl
09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Game was lightning delayed. Kickoff rescheduled for Saturday @ 6:00pm.