PDA

View Full Version : New Braunfels vs. Westlake *HIGHLIGHTED GAME IN TX FOOTBALL MAG*

txKing
09-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Looks like it's going to be a good game. NB looked much stronger as a unit and more pulled together...

They got some threats back at TE and WR, with #2, and #86, back out there. They are still missing their QB Grametbaur, and a 3 time returning lettermen #94 Garcia. They will help the offense and defense with explosiveness and big plays.

I know Westlake has a solid defense but I believe that NB will be able to put up some points...and I also feel like because Westlake doesn't have very many deep threats, NB will be able to hold them to a low scoring number.

The touchdowns that NB have given up this year are 2 50+ yard passes against Madison, a 40 yarder against Clemens, and a 50+ yarder against Mac...not counting the goal line TD's vs Canyon because no one runs the offense Canyon does except for them.

I see NB winning this game 20-14.

What do you guys think?

Maverick2011Fan
09-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Looks like it's going to be a good game. NB looked much stronger as a unit and more pulled together...

They got some threats back at TE and WR, with #2, and #86, back out there. They are still missing their QB Grametbaur, and a 3 time returning lettermen #94 Garcia. They will help the offense and defense with explosiveness and big plays.

I know Westlake has a solid defense but I believe that NB will be able to put up some points...and I also feel like because Westlake doesn't have very many deep threats, NB will be able to hold them to a low scoring number.

The touchdowns that NB have given up this year are 2 50+ yard passes against Madison, a 40 yarder against Clemens, and a 50+ yarder against Mac...not counting the goal line TD's vs Canyon because no one runs the offense Canyon does except for them.

What do you guys think?

Don't know about the rest of the post, but the passing TD's by Madison in that game.. 62 and 9 yard passes

chap fan
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure where you get the idea that we don't have "very many deep threats". You might want to catch some game film (our games are rebroadcast on Sundays on YNN (Time Warner), but I don't know enough about the cable replay systems to know if you can still access some of them).

I think it will be a close, competitive game, but I don't see New Braunfels holding down our score. Other than the 7 points we scored against Lake Travis in our first game, we've scored 47, 39, and 45 against Abilene Cooper, A & M Consolidated and Pflugerville. I expect that you have a good defense, but I don't think you'll be able to keep us to just a score or two. I notice that you seem to have a balanced offense, which is good for you. We'll look forward to seeing you on Friday.

txKing
09-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Don't know about the rest of the post, but the passing TD's by Madison in that game.. 62 and 9 yard passes

No... the first TD Madison scored was a slant where the guy ran for at least 65...and the second one was a trick play that went to number 9 for about 45.

BTW, do you know what's wrong with Dannon Cavil?