PDA

View Full Version : ***Duncanville Shout Outs***

moette88
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Ok I got a little jealous reading some of the other threads and don't see any love for DVILLE! So here we go!

slcdragonfan
08-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I'll look forward to your analysis of the scrimmage this Friday, I'm going to try and take notes as well.

moette88
08-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty stoked! Still working on knowing some of the plays but I can give a rough estimate. I'm glad to be able to put my 2 cents in. We are always having parent conversations after the game that just stop there. Good to get feedback from the "other side".

I wish I would've found this before the CHILL game last year. Would've filled up the thread quite nicely. :rofl:

moette88
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM
A little preseason love!

http://www.ihigh.com/vypedallas/article_74091.html

chhspantherfan
08-17-2011, 11:22 AM
A little preseason love!

http://www.ihigh.com/vypedallas/article_74091.html

DUNCANVILLE PANTHERS
ENROLLMENT: 3,869 (2) 2010 RECORD: 8-4 5A Div. I Area Finalist COACH: Jeff Dicus
PLAYERS TO WATCH: Jeff Thomas (Sr., WR), Adam Butler (Sr., OL), Malcolm McKenney (Sr., WR/DB), Jamaal Fears (Sr., DL), Aaron Piper (Jr., RB), Jaquan Cole (Jr., RB), Sam Jenkins (Sr., OL), Cordray Love (Jr., DB), Gerry Galimore (Sr., OL) OUTLOOK: The Panthers are loaded with enough talent to unseat Cedar Hill from atop District 5-5A, but also make a deep playoff run. Thomas is one of the area’s best playmakers at receiver. His numbers could increase thanks to quarterback De’Andre Grimes, a transfer from Lewisville. Grimes will also enjoy throwing to McKenney, a two-way starter. Piper is a long-distance threat out of the backfield. Butler, Jenkins and Galimore man the O-line. Fears is capable of dominating the line of scrimmage at DT. Love is a ballhawk playing safety or corner.

With that kind of press, Y'all will not be flying under the radar this year. Our game at Pizza Hut Park last year was a classic. This year will be even better. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball.

moette88
08-17-2011, 11:33 AM
DUNCANVILLE PANTHERS
ENROLLMENT: 3,869 (2) 2010 RECORD: 8-4 5A Div. I Area Finalist COACH: Jeff Dicus
PLAYERS TO WATCH: Jeff Thomas (Sr., WR), Adam Butler (Sr., OL), Malcolm McKenney (Sr., WR/DB), Jamaal Fears (Sr., DL), Aaron Piper (Jr., RB), Jaquan Cole (Jr., RB), Sam Jenkins (Sr., OL), Cordray Love (Jr., DB), Gerry Galimore (Sr., OL) OUTLOOK: The Panthers are loaded with enough talent to unseat Cedar Hill from atop District 5-5A, but also make a deep playoff run. Thomas is one of the area’s best playmakers at receiver. His numbers could increase thanks to quarterback De’Andre Grimes, a transfer from Lewisville. Grimes will also enjoy throwing to McKenney, a two-way starter. Piper is a long-distance threat out of the backfield. Butler, Jenkins and Galimore man the O-line. Fears is capable of dominating the line of scrimmage at DT. Love is a ballhawk playing safety or corner.

With that kind of press, Y'all will not be flying under the radar this year. Our game at Pizza Hut Park last year was a classic. This year will be even better. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball.

Truly hope so.............cause it just seemed like last year, no matter what strides we were making we were still the red headed step children. So the boys are ready to make some CHANGES this year.

moette88
08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah... the Pizza Hut Park game was another one.........great stuff but we just didn't finish. We so have to fix that this year.

chhspantherfan
08-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah... the Pizza Hut Park game was another one.........great stuff but we just didn't finish. We so have to fix that this year.

Good luck this year after Zero week:)

moette88
08-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Good luck this year after Zero week:)

Thank you sir! Thanks you sir!

Rad Thibodeaux
08-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Go Duncanville......Kick the crap out of Colleyville

moette88
08-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Go Duncanville......Kick the crap out of Colleyville

Yeah ...........to lose after double overtime....still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Gonna get some mouthwash on my lunch! Now I'm mad all over again..........:Censor: (but it was a GREAT game)

Rad Thibodeaux
08-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah ...........to lose after double overtime....still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Gonna get some mouthwash on my lunch! Now I'm mad all over again..........:Censor: (but it was a GREAT game)

Just be careful what Duncanville puts out on their website.....Pulling for Deandre to have a big season and do well for y'all....Would love to see you guys and Hebron come out and set the tone early against Colleyville

moette88
08-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Just be careful what Duncanville puts out on their website.....Pulling for Deandre to have a big season and do well for y'all....Would love to see you guys and Hebron come out and set the tone early against Colleyville

Yeah...........unfortunately I think most are just as frustrated as I am. Lots of talent but just can't get over that hill. So the "press" might be putting it out there a little thick. Hopefully we stay humble and smack the :Censor: out of as many teams as possible.

I guess I didn't do so well..........:rofl: But seriously just want the boys to stay focused, don't get rattled and hopefully get recognized for the hard work they've put in. I think the shift in talent will be interesting this season for many teams that have dominated in the past. Will be looking for more of a standout team that can put all the pieces together versus one team with several superstars that can take them to the promise land. Was the biggest thing I respected about Coppell last year, they came together as a unit and picked apart each team they played quietly. Was absolutely amazing. So I wouldn't mind if Duncanville was that team this year. Just come thru the door quietly and rack up win after win. We have ALOT to prove this year. LETS GO!

hollywood
08-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Looking forward to week 7. Good luck until then! ;)

moette88
08-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Looking forward to week 7. Good luck until then! ;)

Yup! Yup! Already having those "friendly" conversations with some SGP supporters. LOVE high school football!

Back at ya on the luck.........Personally I'd really like to see our 2 teams run the district this year.:D

chhspantherfan
08-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Yup! Yup! Already having those "friendly" conversations with some SGP supporters. LOVE high school football!

Back at ya on the luck.........Personally I'd really like to see our 2 teams run the district this year.:D

Keep your mind on week 7 , rememb;)er............week 7

hollywood
08-19-2011, 02:48 PM

We shall see how it plays out. There is a good chance that the winner in week 7 will be the D1 top seed for 5-5A. The second seed will likely have to play Trinity in the first round. I think there will be a three team race. I guess a fourth team may surprise.

I am flat just a Texas High School Football fan. I adopted SGP as my team a few years back. I support the district playoff teams as well.

hollywood
08-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Keep your mind on week 7 , rememb;)er............week 7

LOL. One could be 0-3 in district by then.

Is week 0 special?

moette88
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
keep your mind on week 7 , rememb;)er............week 7
comedy!

moette88
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Pretty stoked! We are on the count down! I saw a little of the JV game. Looked like it was back and forth for a minute but the footage stopped at 2 TDs to 1 SLC in the controlled portion.

So Varsity might have to bring it home........I hope to hear some buzz about the earlier games before we start.

CHill
08-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty stoked! Still working on knowing some of the plays but I can give a rough estimate. I'm glad to be able to put my 2 cents in. We are always having parent conversations after the game that just stop there. Good to get feedback from the "other side".

I wish I would've found this before the CHILL game last year. Would've filled up the thread quite nicely. :rofl:

What a great game it was! :D

slcdragonfan
08-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Here's my comments on your scrimmage with us. I am focusing primarily on the timed scrimmage. Prior to that, D'ville was having their way with us.

QB
Nice arm, nice pocket presence, good touch and accuracy on his passes, in the perfect spot many times. Only one deep ball in the timed portion, and that was overthrown so I don't know what you have deep. Showed good moves when he did run, decent speed but not a burner. I was very impressed with him.

O-line
Pretty big O-line. They did their job for the most part, tough to get good pressure on the QB without sending addditional folks. I think this should be a strength for D'ville

RB
Had a speed fella, good moves, some nice break-aways. I couldn't tell if you had more than one or not, but he is a good option to balance out the Offense. Looked to be a strength as well.

WR
Good routes, good height, good hands, good speed, what's not to like.

Secondary
Pretty good speed, some GREAT coverage (one pass knocked away was just beauty by your DB). We hit the underneath ball and the short slant and other controlled pass plays, with a corner TD just over some good coverage.

D-line
Your D-line was in Kenny's face all night, esp prior to the timed scrimmage. What I don't know is if this was because your D-line is really good, our O-line was struggling, or both. I'll go with both.

Linebackers
Sorry, didn't pay as much attention here, someone else will have to post.

All in all, D'ville has the makings of a very strong team. I felt perhaps the beef on the line (O & D) was feeling the heat by the time we got to the timed scrimmage, that conditioning will resolve as the season gets underway.

Good luck, Dicus may have what he's been looking for this year.

chhspantherfan
08-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Here's my comments on your scrimmage with us. I am focusing primarily on the timed scrimmage. Prior to that, D'ville was having their way with us.

QB
Nice arm, nice pocket presence, good touch and accuracy on his passes, in the perfect spot many times. Only one deep ball in the timed portion, and that was overthrown so I don't know what you have deep. Showed good moves when he did run, decent speed but not a burner. I was very impressed with him.

O-line
Pretty big O-line. They did their job for the most part, tough to get good pressure on the QB without sending addditional folks. I think this should be a strength for D'ville

RB
Had a speed fella, good moves, some nice break-aways. I couldn't tell if you had more than one or not, but he is a good option to balance out the Offense. Looked to be a strength as well.

WR

Secondary
Pretty good speed, some GREAT coverage (one pass knocked away was just beauty by your DB). We hit the underneath ball and the short slant and other controlled pass plays, with a corner TD just over some good coverage.

D-line
Your D-line was in Kenny's face all night, esp prior to the timed scrimmage. What I don't know is if this was because your D-line is really good, our O-line was struggling, or both. I'll go with both.

Linebackers

All in all, D'ville has the makings of a very strong team. I felt perhaps the beef on the line (O & D) was feeling the heat by the time we got to the timed scrimmage, that conditioning will resolve as the season gets underway.

sounds like y'all had your hands full.

slcdragonfan
08-20-2011, 12:21 AM
sounds like y'all had your hands full.

The D'ville QB is EXACTLY what they have needed. If he can hit the long ball, watch out.

moette88
08-20-2011, 06:56 AM
What a great game it was! :D

It was awesome!

moette88
08-20-2011, 07:34 AM

QB

O-line

RB

WR

Secondary

D-line

Linebackers

GREAT BREAKDOWN! Yours was better than SportsdayHS!

My breakdown will be brief........LOL

QB
I'm not sure if I have high expectations but he struggled a bit on being consistent which caused us not to see the end zone much during the timed portion. His arm is strong and he has the tools but he needs to work on scanning the field and working in all the receivers on broken plays. It took him a minute to get his timing in 7 on 7 this year and then he built his confidence. As long as he trusts his arm he will be ok. Hope that the backup QB can get some reps in. Has a strong arm, scans the field, and has a faster situation assessment. Just no varsity experience. He get some training this year, will be nice for next year.

RB
Earlier assessment was spot on. Since we had a strong one last year the guys coming in this year are really trying to break their teeth. We might have to mix it up to keep the defense guessing.

WR
Have a great core but not all got to show what they can do. I think we did more working out the kinks but should be strong in this area this year.

Secondary
Usually be play stronger but #27 on SLC had our number. Was VERY impressed with him. He found every hole we left open and capitalized on it nicely. Hopefully we got the preseason gitters out cause the speed is there but when frustration sets in start to make too many mistakes.

The Lines
They did well IMHO. Since i'm usually following 7 on 7 in the off season I don't get to see much of them. But the were giving the QB the time he needed on offense and making ssure to harrass the QB on defense, although a few times the defense was in the backfield right on the heals of the QB and allowed him to run and gain yards.

All in all a good assessment game. It was a good clean game and SLC were great hosts!

chhspantherfan
08-20-2011, 09:36 AM
GREAT BREAKDOWN! Yours was better than SportsdayHS!

My breakdown will be brief........LOL

QB
I'm not sure if I have high expectations but he struggled a bit on being consistent which caused us not to see the end zone much during the timed portion. His arm is strong and he has the tools but he needs to work on scanning the field and working in all the receivers on broken plays. It took him a minute to get his timing in 7 on 7 this year and then he built his confidence. As long as he trusts his arm he will be ok. Hope that the backup QB can get some reps in. Has a strong arm, scans the field, and has a faster situation assessment. Just no varsity experience. He get some training this year, will be nice for next year.

RB
Earlier assessment was spot on. Since we had a strong one last year the guys coming in this year are really trying to break their teeth. We might have to mix it up to keep the defense guessing.

WR
Have a great core but not all got to show what they can do. I think we did more working out the kinks but should be strong in this area this year.

Secondary
Usually be play stronger but #27 on SLC had our number. Was VERY impressed with him. He found every hole we left open and capitalized on it nicely. Hopefully we got the preseason gitters out cause the speed is there but when frustration sets in start to make too many mistakes.

The Lines
They did well IMHO. Since i'm usually following 7 on 7 in the off season I don't get to see much of them. But the were giving the QB the time he needed on offense and making ssure to harrass the QB on defense, although a few times the defense was in the backfield right on the heals of the QB and allowed him to run and gain yards.

All in all a good assessment game. It was a good clean game and SLC were great hosts!

sounds like a good tune up for y'all. Should be a great battle Friday night. Game thread will start Monday. Gives everyone time to rehash the previous week and follow the other teams around the state. I look forward to your posting this year.

moette88
08-26-2011, 02:04 PM
READY FOR KICK OFF! Dang.............still too much time on the clock!

hollywood
08-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Almost time to buckle it up and bring it.

Good luck D-Ville.

moette88
08-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Almost time to buckle it up and bring it.

Good luck D-Ville.

Time to show up and shock some people!

Back at ya Hollywood!

moette88
08-27-2011, 07:45 AM
VS. COLLEYVILLE HERITAGE

ROUGH START! ROUGH START!

Stats were pretty balanced at receiving and dominated on the rush. Receiving: Dville 211 Colleyville 283. Rushing(positive yards): Dville 211 Cville 43

Our Oline didn't give up a sack while the Dline gave their QB serious fits. We forced several turnovers. SO WHAT HAPPENED? We left the game up to a pressure play to pull us thru and it didn't happen. We have to get stronger at the long ball to keep us from being predictable. Taking that part out of the game hurt us (those 72 yard resulted in an extra TD). On defense too many early mistakes were hard to recover from. We've gotta fix it and get'er done!

moette88
09-04-2011, 10:15 PM
VS. GARLAND

A strong and much needed win against Garland. We haven't beat them in a few years so hopefully this will give us a nice momentum going into district in a few weeks. This game was in the hands of the defense and boy did they deliver. Great force of turnovers. Corners are starting to look at the ball instead of the receiver which is opening them up to intercept (something we've struggled with last few years). And D line is really pushing there way thru and giving the QB fits.

Offense is getting stronger. The line is still giving our QB room to make decisions. Our running game is on point. We still need to push more for the outside. Going up the middle against strong defensive teams will wear out our RBs fast. Mixed it up with our WRs this game which will be our biggest key for the passing game. Worked very well in our 7 on 7 games. We don't wanna lose that going forward. Our QB's comfort with the team is getting better. Short passes are his strength right now. Hand offs could be tightened up a bit but they are stronger than last year. Cleaning up the pitch and reverse could keep some nice surprises in our pocket. Long ball is still short which is opening up for picks like crazy. We need the long ball so this is gonna be what we really need to work on in the North Crowley game. LET's GO DVILLE!

moette88
09-09-2011, 04:51 PM
GAME TIME!

All freshman and JV teams pulled it thru. Varsity LETS GO!

moette88
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
VS. NORTH CROWLEY

Strong finish for us as far as non-district play. First time in a few years we've gone into the district games on a win upswing! Good job boys!

Tough stuff!
Now to make sure I keep things in perspective... no matter what the score says we tried our hardest to give away this game in the 1st quarter. With sacks, dropped balls (mine dropped a perfect one and I was gonna kick him), a few slow handoffs......a stronger team could've really capitalized on those mistakes and made it a different game. But we tightened it up and got it together. Have to be careful with "projected predicted wins". Sometime things are taken too seriously and games are lost. #15 and the QB for North Crowley were really trying to hold it together for their team and I give them kudos!

Good Stuff!
The team is working hard not to let themselves get rattled or lose focus if we have set backs which is HUGE for us! We have a habit of beating ourselves and it looks like we finally see that. On offense we spread the ball around and did a better job of timing our reads. This has kept us from being predictable and not allowing teams to be successful in the double and triple coverage. Defending against a whole team is alot harder than a few stars (as a few teams found out this weekend). The defense did their thang as always. A few turnovers and meeting that QB in the back field worked out in our favor. A few times #33 (C. Love) on our side had to run down players to save a TD. All in all a nice W! We are on a buy week.......and onto district play!

moette88
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
VS GRAND PRAIRIE

Wasn't even going to say anything...........other than thank goodness we pulled out the win and showing up at 4th qtr is no longer allowed!:rofl: Stresses the parents out!

moette88
11-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Good luck to my boys in blue tonite! There will be alot of love in the stands for ya!:heli:

CHill
11-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Good luck to my boys in blue tonite! There will be alot of love in the stands for ya!:heli:
They are going to need it, we going for sixth straight tonight! :yes:

moette88
11-05-2011, 01:22 AM
So proud of my boys in blue! This was a huge win tonight against a strong team. This game did not disappoint as I knew it wouldn't!

LR46
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
So proud of my boys in blue! This was a huge win tonight against a strong team. This game did not disappoint as I knew it wouldn't!So what do the D'ville faithful really think about playing the Trojans? I see it as a possible OT field goal winning game. Thing is we do have is a hell of a field goal kicker. :eek: Big leg and accurate. :yes:

Beware of the leg, it may come down to that and our D line and backs are as good or better than you have seen or will see. We need to contain your QB and make him throw before he wants to. Other than that we just run the ball alot and throw passes that are off there mark and 20 yds short.:o

Will be fun and I predict a nail bighter.

Farmersmom
11-05-2011, 09:58 PM
They are going to need it, we going for sixth straight tonight! :yes:

I guess luck was on Dville's side last night! Way to go DeAndre' Grimes! That's my boy! Love him and miss him!

And Coach Olin said "he's an average QB" hahaha guess he showed us!

moette88
11-06-2011, 01:51 AM
So what do the D'ville faithful really think about playing the Trojans? I see it as a possible OT field goal winning game. Thing is we do have is a hell of a field goal kicker. :eek: Big leg and accurate. :yes:

Beware of the leg, it may come down to that and our D line and backs are as good or better than you have seen or will see. We need to contain your QB and make him throw before he wants to. Other than that we just run the ball alot and throw passes that are off there mark and 20 yds short.:o

Will be fun and I predict a nail bighter.
Cracking me up with 20 yard passes! But seriously there is much respect for Trinity in the DVille camp and they are not taking this game lightly. We will have to bring every weapon we have just like we did at the CHill game. What we've brought that I haven't seen us do in the past before is a balanced offense which not many teams bring. That can make it difficult to defend against. Receivers that can catch, RBs that can run, and a dual threat QB. If one of these falls apart, it could cause us problems. The games that we lost this season were because we stopped doing one, either trying to just run or force the pass to recover from just running. All bad! On our defensive side we have to tighten up the holes. I'm with you this is gonna be a fight! Very excited to play you guys!

luvmeesumknights#3
11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
I just want to give a shout out to the Duncanville Panthers!!! You guys had a great season and Im very proud of you. You dont know who I am but I graduated from there in 1982 when we never had a chance to do as well as you do now. I just want you to know that somebody from the past appreciates you guys. Your courage and focus on the field makes you all winners. I have the priviledge to be the mom of #3 of the Steele Knights. My son is starting cornerback and a senior. We won the state championship last year and are headed back this year. I just want you to know that I would have been hella proud for him to play for you guys if we still lived up there. And FYI, I STILL wear my Duncanville Panther hoodie down here around all these people in San Antonio because I am loud and proud! Good luck on your season next year Panthers!!! I'll be watching!:heli: