uhsfilmcrew
07-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Laredo local news: Pro8news.com

Lrdsportswire.com

The "Bryan Benway Show" Mon-Fri. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Watch on Ustream.TV

Highlights - laredomediasports.com

Returning Starters :
QB Salas 2nd in Region passing yards,
3 receivers: Ezparza 7th in Region receiving yards, Dalehite 15th, Williams 54th.
3-lineman
Defense : LB Martinez - 5th in Region Tackles

uhsfilmcrew
07-31-2011, 11:39 AM
*Update*

United has a strong rushing game so far, by the looks at what the QB players and Returning star Williams have shown. Since United can pass the ball really well and have history of the spread carry on with them, they can pretty much start emphasizing in the running game. But run more often than pass. QBs vying for the starting spot are 2 good talented kids that know how to run the ball.

The lineman can pretty much gain needed experience once they start working on contact drills. These players have experience from several district JV or Varsity programs in District. They are not too weak to learn anything new.

Our defense proves to be okay in the meantime. There will be a few slots to fill, but it does not bother the Defensive coordinator. He will get this defense fired up once again. These kids know what it takes to protect the endzone.

In the Kicking game, Gonzalez is back. He can sure boot a 40 so dont be surprised if he can nail a 50 in the latter part of the season.

uhsfilmcrew
08-12-2011, 10:49 PM
*Update*

With two-a-days finished, the longhorns now look forward to there upcoming scrimmages vs PSJA Memorial, San Benito, and Mission Veterans. Lets see who the real quarterback really is and look to lead the longhorns into the playoffs or a possible District Championship. We will see what other starters look to lead the momentum into week 0.

CjGarcia9
08-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I think you're the only united fan on here. Alexander seems poised to take over as the laredo football power, but at least you guys have damn good baseball and basketball teams, maybe you should stick to that.;)

uhsfilmcrew
08-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I think United is trying to get coaches from all over the place in Texas. In Girls basketball, they hired coach Ward out of a college in SA, after coaching the men's team. The rest of the coaches barely started, some were assistants. United is now known as the favorite in some sports. With population booming on our side, faster than Alexanders population, this school can be dominating the town in everything, even in track.

uhsfilmcrew
08-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Scrimmages:

United 21 Mission Veterans Memorial 0

United 13 PSJA Memorial 12

Next: San Benito

uhsfilmcrew
08-27-2011, 12:25 AM
San Benito 41 - United 28 - 12 min. 4qtr scrimmage. No kick-offs.

uhsfilmcrew
08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Horns will ride north to take on the Smithson Valley Rangers this Friday.

uhsfilmcrew
09-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Smithson Valley Rangers 42 - United 13. 14-7 at half with United trailing. Coach puts in 2nd string quarterback, maybe other personnel on defense. And it turns ugly. Now the real fun begins. "District"

SV61
09-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Smithson Valley Rangers 42 - United 13. 14-7 at half with United trailing. Coach puts in 2nd string quarterback, maybe other personnel on defense. And it turns ugly. Now the real fun begins. "District"

I didn't notice the subbing, till late in the game. Frankly, I was surprised, when SV started shuttling RBs and WRs in the third, while LU was still within two scores.

I also noticed some of the Longhorns started crampin in the 3rd. At least, I hope that is "all" it was.

Best of luck to United through district and the rest of this season!

uhsfilmcrew
09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
United will now take on the Tigers of good ol' Martin High. That team has a brand new coach, but has the team fired up and surging in hype. This wont be easy, as its shown in the past.

uhsfilmcrew
09-10-2011, 10:49 PM
United 62
Martin 14
Final

Just not the game Martin wanted since the beginning. Poor pass plays came up to be INTs. Run game was being rushed by United's blitz. United has 2 great QBs with great lengthy recievers. Passing game was alright.

uhsfilmcrew
09-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Next, United takes on the United South Panthers. A pass happy team, though their quarterback took quite a beating from Alexander last week and may not be available. This game United will be tested on, due to the passing attack South has instilled. Offensively, i can now be able to tell whether this United team is the real deal.

uhsfilmcrew
09-16-2011, 11:34 PM
United 62 - 7 South...............Wow, impressive win tonight. Salas is really passing the ball well into the receivers. Rough nite for south. They were just out-sized in some positions. It was 49-0 at halftime. Next is Eagle Pass who were slaughtered by the Alexander bulldogs 54-7 in Eagle Pass.

uhsfilmcrew
09-23-2011, 11:02 PM
United came away once again, not being challenged at all in this game. 35-0 was the final. The eagles are not the same as years past. They are working on a more run type of offense. Airing the ball and running also was Salas once again. Next are the Del Rio Rams.

uhsfilmcrew
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Billy Williams returns to the squad after ineligibility reasons plagued him the first half of the season. He was voted as the preseason mvp in district, as well as one of the top running backs in the state. He will suit up next week vs the Nixon Mustangs.

uhsfilmcrew
09-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Longhorns miss 59 yard Field goal as time expires, 36-34 the final. Del Rio Rams win.

uhsfilmcrew
10-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Billy the kid Williams wasnt playing. Horns still take the "W" 52-0 over the Nixon Mustangs.

uhsfilmcrew
10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
United's Alec Salas passes a load of tds in win over Cigarroa 49-7. 7 pass tds to be exact.

uhsfilmcrew
10-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Breaking News: Billy Williams is now cleared to play by UIL Ruling. Williams was known as Dave Campbell's Texas football's pre-season district MVP as well as being one of the top rushers in the region last year. 5Atexasfootball.com listed him as one of the top running backs returning.

CjGarcia9
10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Breaking News: Billy Williams is now cleared to play by UIL Ruling. Williams was known as Dave Campbell's Texas football's pre-season district MVP as well as being one of the top rushers in the region last year. 5Atexasfootball.com listed him as one of the top running backs returning.

He wasn't expelled from school for very long. Seems fishy that he's already going to play again.

uhsfilmcrew
10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
He wasn't expelled from school for very long. Seems fishy that he's already going to play again.

Yup, lots of speculation here in this District, but of course its a school with like the most support in the entire town.

uhsfilmcrew
10-20-2011, 10:25 PM
United 66
EP Winn 0
Final

Billy Williams had 2 touchdown runs. Longhorns were all over the Mavericks in this game from the start.

uhsfilmcrew
10-28-2011, 10:44 PM
United 48
LBJ 0
Final

It was Alec Salas once again giving your United Longhorns the air raid of the night. Williams had a touchdown in the process. 35-0 at Half. LBJ's defense was worn out. This will set up the anticipated clash between the Alexander Bulldogs (9-0) vs United (7-2) for the district championship, they are both rivals. City bragging rights are also on the line. If United wins, they both share the title.

uhsfilmcrew
11-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Alexander 35
United 29

Ball-game was pretty back n forth until Alexander picked 6. The offense just ran out the clock. Surprised with how well the defenses were playing. They both met their true identity as this one turned out to actually be the best game i have ever seen between the 2. Playoffs are next and Alec (2 tds), Williams (shut down) n Co. should take it out on Sharyland in the 1st round. Its Playoffs!!

CjGarcia9
11-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I think you're the only united fan on here. Alexander seems poised to take over as the laredo football power, but at least you guys have damn good baseball and basketball teams, maybe you should stick to that.;)

I was right...

uhsfilmcrew
11-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Another game, another win. United takes 1st round over Sharyland 60-42. Pretty good see-saw battle in the waning minutes. But what happens? Sharyland Punter has the ball sail high into the endzone and United recovers to take a 10 point lead. That pretty much was the dagger for them. United's Williams showed up in a big way, i think 3 tds. He is still in the ballgame, so thats a good sign. Next is San benito. 1 more for Warren (assuming lol)

uhsfilmcrew
11-19-2011, 01:53 PM
United had nothing really pumping in the 1st half against the Greyhounds but the 2nd tells it all. The adversity coming into this game, a 5 year drought of no 3rd round action. United sealed the deal with a pick in front of the endzone denying San Benito and running out the clock with Williams being the favorite to do it. 17-3 First half, i knew their was something up with the team. They come out storming right back relentlessly. Final was United 24 - SB 17. On to Madison in Corpus Christi.

uhsfilmcrew
11-26-2011, 02:28 AM
It was a very well fought game from start to finish. Madison's RB was the player of the game. United kept on preserving and even being able to score about 3 2 point conversions. Just needed to get the score a little more nicer. To help, was Billy Williams who had like 3 tds rushing and other big gains on the night. The team will be back again as QB and a couple of wide recievers, also a couple of lineman will be back. I think United has the right person for running back next year.

Madison 50
United 41

Rogue White Helicopter
11-26-2011, 02:53 AM
It was a very well fought game from start to finish. Madison's RB was the player of the game. United kept on preserving and even being able to score about 3 2 point conversions. Just needed to get the score a little more nicer. To help, was Billy Williams who had like 3 tds rushing and other big gains on the night. The team will be back again as QB and a couple of wide recievers, also a couple of lineman will be back. I think United has the right person for running back next year.

Madison 50
United 41
next year will be the same as the past decade.

close but no cigar.

laredo can not beat san antonio.

period.

uhsfilmcrew
11-26-2011, 03:15 AM
We'll see how it is rogue. I think Coach Sanchez will get 4 SA teams (hope he doesnt get a valley team) for pre-season, Tough teams in District 28, but a couple may be rebuilding though, United will be up against NISD in 1st round.

uhsfilmcrew
12-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Congratulations to DB Michael Byrd for being Second team All-State

uhsfilmcrew
01-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Future looks bright at QB. Kevin Ezparza out of Trautmann Middle looks good right now.

uhsfilmcrew
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
New coaches are being reported to United since the departure of longtime Defensive Coordinator and longtime DBs coach Ezparza left to United South. Further updates will be notified once i get the names of these coaches coming to United. Coach Sanchez usually wants someone that teaches really well with kids but also has some playoff experience. He can get someone from out of town if he really wants to win.

uhsfilmcrew
02-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Pre-season:

Smithson Valley
Reagan
MacArthur
Southwest

uhsfilmcrew
02-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Coach Briones (Former South Coach) came back to United.

uhsfilmcrew
03-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Spring Training starts in April, im looking forward to these group of kids more than i ever had. Toughest pre-season in history, Offensive powered in the passing game. Im just wondering who will step up in the RB position. I feel we need to be balanced and keep defenses honest.

uhsfilmcrew
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Feel the MOOOOOO!!!!!

uhsfilmcrew
04-06-2012, 05:27 PM
United signs Orange Stark defensive coach Matt. In other news, DB Michael Byrd will play in the THSCA All Star game. A couple more to be named, coach Sanchez is looking for a young type of an "ambitious" one.

uhsfilmcrew
04-16-2012, 06:50 PM
United appoints Soccer coach Gonzalez to lead the Secondary. A few new coaches are seen during practice.

clemensbuff
04-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Pre-season:

Smithson Valley
Reagan
MacArthur
Southwest

Damn good preseason schedule for United! Unless SA SW improves greatly over last year, United should whoop em pretty good. I'm not sure what Mac will have because they tend to have a really good team about every 4-5 years and they were pretty good in 2010. Reagan should be a good team again and SV will be off the charts good. IMO, United will probably go 2-2 in these games.

uhsfilmcrew
04-22-2012, 05:57 PM
District Schedules have come in for all 7 Laredo schools. United will first go to Sharyland/Harlingen for a scrimmage on the 24th of August.

As follows:

8/31 @ Southwest
9/7 Smithson Valley @ SAC
9/14 @ SA Macarthur
9/21 Reagan @ SAC

uhsfilmcrew
05-03-2012, 08:02 PM
United has a trio of backs vying for the starting job. All 3 are the same in speed, size, athleticism. Ortega out of the 3 was Williams' backup and had most of the carries as the other sophs were serving time in JV. Their is still a battle despite Ortega's experience in 2011. I think United should go with a multiple back scheme, having 2 exchange most of the time and then the other to punch it in or get a lead-off with a good gain. Very important position as last year showed we can be balanced and be even more dangerous once we open up the passing game, which is our main prized possession.

uhsfilmcrew
05-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Former DC at Cigarroa moves to United to coach the d-line. DE McGuire talks about a quick and sudden transition from the JV to Varsity. McGuire is one of only a few leftovers from last year's d-line. Coach Idrogo keeps an eye on the DEs after being promoted from the O-line. He has experience in that position the last 8 years.

uhsfilmcrew
05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Spring game was a huge offensive affair with the defense still making some adjustments. Ezparza (Soon Junior) went in at both Receiver and QB positions. He passed for 478 going 21 for 30. He also caught 3 for 31. Receiver Dalehite took 10 for 310. Salas, the designated QB went 28 for 38 and passed for 370. WR Williams (Soon Junior) had 152 while fellow teammate Corona (Soon Soph) had 156. In the running back position, Paulson accounted for 101 with 9 carries while Ortega had 68 in 5. Defense did everything they could for a high octane attack but only came up with 4 INTs, contributed by Contreras, Aguilar, Del La Vega, Perez. Final score was 67 to 57. We now put the real offense together and put together the defense with all their new coaches still deciding on what to obtain for this season.

uhsfilmcrew
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
We have had a tremendous success in the kicker position. Since 04', we have had a total of 4 in that span. They have all had long of 30+, and the secret to it was that they came over from the soccer team. Kickoffs would be touchbacks most of the time. When it came to trying and get the turnover off the return team, kickers would have the skill to sky kick, squib, onside, or traject it to a certain player. They have great accuracy thanks in large part to our soccer studs doing their part and contributing the power into another sport. Will be anticipating once again to see who can kick in the 40s.

uhsfilmcrew
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Watch out for the 7 on 7 team this summer. They may be ready to battle their way to the state tourney.

uhsfilmcrew
06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Just a reminder that our local 7 on 7 league is underway. From here on it is time to see some bread and butter of the pass and defensive pass game. Today were matchups like Nixon vs United, Martin vs Alexander. Trust me, they are not squash, completely different teams from before.

uhsfilmcrew
06-07-2012, 02:39 AM
The SAC will be getting brand new turf.

LaredoHSFBFan
08-31-2012, 04:46 PM
The SAC will be getting brand new turf.

Hey brother (primo), I admire your tenacity on defending United and Laredo schools altogether! I visit this site often but don't pose cause I am a high school football fan that justs enjoys it not like many ex-jocks who come here with their X's and O's. Not that I mind it, but I would hate to post something that is just flat out wrong so with that I will ask you how good is United and can they make it to the fourth round this year since you are more in the in with the United program?

I frequent the 956 Valley forum and it seems like the Valley peeps (homers as they are) have mentioned that Harlingen ran all over United and that Sharyland made the proper adjustments to an early United fast start and almost won their scrimage half. Was it first scrimage jitters (I believe Harlingen had played Mercedes, a good 4A team, the previous week and I don't know if Sharyland played) that affected United's play or if they are still adjusting to the new defensive cooordinator? I thought that United had kept the same defensive scheme just changed coaches. Let me in on any scoop!

Keep up the good work standing up for Laredo. Wish more Laredo football fans would join this forum.

SV61
08-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Okay, just what in the world happened tonight? I was not expecting this.........

BigDaddyBandit
09-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Okay, just what in the world happened tonight? I was not expecting this.........

That!

How did this happen, I was expecting you guys to be pretty salty this year. Was this a fluke? Is Southwest all that?

I need info!

dragon1
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
That!

How did this happen, I was expecting you guys to be pretty salty this year. Was this a fluke? Is Southwest all that?

I need info!

sw has greatly improved this season.

sw lead in the half 35-27 in a very exciting football game.

until they made adjustments after the half to hold laredo to only one td.
forcing 4 turnovers as well. (3ints,1 forced fumble)

southwest finishing the game with 443 rushing yards and 108 passing.

also left laredos rushing in the negatives.

great game to watch. lots of speed on the field last night.