PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Hit

nsmustang
03-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Seeing the funniest thread made me think about the hardest hit you ever saw in a high school game. The one I remember most was in the 03 title game -NS vs the Woods on punt return by Bug Aymond. The whole Woods defense was chasing him down the sideline and then, coming back against the grain of running defenders was a NS lineman who hit the Woods no 10 (who was busy chasing and watching Aymond) right in the chest at full speed knocking him straight up in the air and spinning him around.

And then there was Judson's kicker in '98 that hit NS's Cormeir on the kickoff
in the semi finals. That hit was so hard everyone in Rice stadium heard it and they had to call a time out to stop the bell's ringing in Cormeir's head. He came back in the game though.

CKE
03-28-2006, 04:02 PM
you ask anyone that was at the 04 SV vs. pflugerville game and they will tell you i had to do with the hardest hit in high school football. the sad thing is the hit was on me a 6'3 220 tight end lined up at receiver came in and i never got a crack call from the corner. thats when all hell broke loose. he hit me so hard i did a back flip and he knocked the the back to Molars out my mouth. this happened on the 4th play of the game. i came off the field and the trainer pulled out another loose molar. i went back in and had 14 tackles and 1 forced fumble all for a game that we lost in the end lol

KT2000
03-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Derrick Johnson (Waco LB) vs. Tyler Lee in 2000. Johnson shot through and took out both the lead blocker and Lee RB Derek Farmer a good 4-5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Big Daddy Cool
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
in the semi finals. That hit was so hard everyone in Rice stadium heard it and they had to call a time out to stop the bell's ringing in Cormeir's head. He came back in the game though.

That was 96' when that happened. And though he did keep playing I don't think the bells ever stopped ringing.

Slim-Rob
03-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Seeing the funniest thread made me think about the hardest hit you ever saw in a high school game. The one I remember most was in the 03 title game -NS vs the Woods on punt return by Bug Aymond. The whole Woods defense was chasing him down the sideline and then, coming back against the grain of running defenders was a NS lineman who hit the Woods no 10 (who was busy chasing and watching Aymond) right in the chest at full speed knocking him straight up in the air and spinning him around.

LOL. The kicker messed up on the kick. He wasn't supposed to kick it there. So he made up for it with that hit :D

drgnbkr
03-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, you've got to have a Dragon hit on here right? We all like the Ashford Ayers train wreck at the goal line in Waco as Aaron Luna drove him through the end zone to score in the 04 Semis ...I know, the Pack faithful will say Ayers was a QB playing defense, but Luna put a whuppin on him that day...I can still hear 15,000 Dragon faithfull chanting "Luna, Luna, Luna"!

KatyTigerDad0407
03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
When D08 turned the wrong way while marching and knocked over 3 girls playing in the horn section. I actually think he did it on purpose.

pack4life
03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
When EJ shankle absolutly ear holed that poor number 90 on CC...
that dudes feet went over his head, and his damn helment flew to the LP sideline, not to mention his mouth piece!!!

and drgbkr when luna ran over ayers that was a great hit. Anyone would admit that.

KatyTigerDad0407
03-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Cinco Ranch's Defense put one heck of a hit on Strake Jesuit's QB. Actually that hit kept Strake Jesuit from a share of the district title in 05. Now that is one hell of a hit.

KatyTigerDad0407
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Only correction I'll make is that bandy was turned on his head & removed from the ball.

This Quote is taken from the Cinco vs Strake thread.

CoveFan05
03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
You can ask any Cove fan and any Lufkin fan what the hardest hit they saw ever was. In the game between the 2 team a Lufkin player knocked the crap(literaly) out of Cove's Dwayne Thomas and Im not lyin, his helmet flew 15 feet in the air and over the Lufkin bench...Later in the game he got his bell rung again. Another one a few years back Josh Welch our QB got hit at Waco got up fine, ran over to the sideline to get the play and fell over. It was pretty funny(im goin to hell)...

hornfan713
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Hardest hit I've ever seen was Strake Jesuit vs. Monterrey Prepa Tech, this team from Mexico. Strake's free safety at the time (2002) steve dildine, knocked a wideout so hard he front flipped backwards at least 7 yards and lost his helmet.

Then there was the hit that kept Strake from a share of the district title. Little Bandy got wrecked. That was a heck of a hit.

LoneRocket
03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Any hit by a Judson linebacker.

SLCDRGN
03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
I was going to say the hit Luna (SLC) put on the DB at Lufkin in the Semi's 2 years ago until I saw the post by Cove05. That ole boy from Lufkin knocked that Cove fellow into the next day. When his helment flew 20-30 feet off his shoulders, a gentlemen behind me asked, "recken his head is still in that helment?" I honestly had to look at the young man just to make sure his head was still attached to his shoulders!

vette25_88
03-29-2006, 08:45 AM
that dudes feet went over his head, and his damn helment flew to the LP sideline, not to mention his mouth piece!!!

and drgbkr when luna ran over ayers that was a great hit. Anyone would admit that.

I remember both of those hits like it was yesteday

dragonfootballfan
03-29-2006, 08:55 AM
Video Clip of Hardest hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjX3rgOxqvY&search=big%20hit)

I hear that Fran has already offered him.;)

pack0808
03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey guys, you've got to have a Dragon hit on here right? We all like the Ashford Ayers train wreck at the goal line in Waco as Aaron Luna drove him through the end zone to score in the 04 Semis ...I know, the Pack faithful will say Ayers was a QB playing defense, but Luna put a whuppin on him that day...I can still hear 15,000 Dragon faithfull chanting "Luna, Luna, Luna"!

Yeah those east texan players like Luna can hit. ;)

pack0808
03-29-2006, 09:12 AM

Yeah that hit was crazy. Biggest hit i saw all last year by far. Never thought it would come from one of Lufkin's smaller wr's? :eek:

KT2000
03-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah that hit was crazy. Biggest hit i saw all last year by far. Never thought it would come from one of Lufkin's smaller wr's? :eek:

That was the hardest hit I saw all last year too. I had to double take when I saw it was Shankle delivering the hit. Talk about being JACKED UP. That was a collision.

CKE
03-29-2006, 10:30 AM
That was the hardest hit I saw all last year too. I had to double take when I saw it was Shankle delivering the hit. Talk about being JACKED UP. That was a collision.

i guess yall didnt see the hit from burns on the mac QB where he had to be air lifted to the hospital

nsmustang
03-29-2006, 11:07 AM
he hit me so hard i did a back flip and he knocked the the back to Molars out my mouth. this happened on the 4th play of the game. i came off the field and the trainer pulled out another loose molar. i went back in and had 14 tackles and 1 forced fumble all for a game that we lost in the end lol[/QUOTE]

Holy Toledo coolest! I'd give you the award for the hard hit. Anytime you get teeth knocked out, especially molars, you have really been hit.

I also love the story from KTD0407 about the band girls being knocked over (no, I'm not a sadist) it just sounded funny.

dragonsdaddy
03-29-2006, 11:16 AM
2 come to mind.

in 02 vs denison, on a kickoff brad hall (one of the maniacs that bust wedges) went headlong into the returner, who appeared to be dead for a minute or so. when he came to he seemed to freak out what with being surrounded by the officials and coaches and looked for all the world to be seizing. they took him to the hospital. the rest of the game, this cover guy got ole' blocked.

on the last play of the half vs flower mound(02), tyler flynn(lb) absolutely freight trained the qb who was starting his styling trot at the 2 yd line. he was sent about five yards laterally and didn't get to finish his td shuffle. funny thing was, they were the captains who met before the start of the 2nd half. bet that wasn't how the qb envisioned that whole scenario playing out.

crunked9
03-29-2006, 11:24 AM
2 come to mind.

in 02 vs denison, on a kickoff brad hall (one of the maniacs that bust wedges) went headlong into the returner, who appeared to be dead for a minute or so. when he came to he seemed to freak out what with being surrounded by the officials and coaches and looked for all the world to be seizing. they took him to the hospital. the rest of the game, this cover guy got ole' blocked.

on the last play of the half vs flower mound(02), tyler flynn(lb) absolutely freight trained the qb who was starting his styling trot at the 2 yd line. he was sent about five yards laterally and didn't get to finish his td shuffle. funny thing was, they were the captains who met before the start of the 2nd half. bet that wasn't how the qb envisioned that whole scenario playing out.

I remember both of those! Another good one from that year was, Against Lufkin, I believe it was on wassons 2nd INt, maybe 1st. But anyway, the CB came flying down the Dragon side line, and yours truely kinda got in his was, he put me about 5 feet in the air. It was about 5 mins into the 3rd qrt. And you have access to this game i suggest watching it! But it got me my one an only Varsity Tackle! lol

dragonsdaddy
03-29-2006, 11:37 AM
I remember both of those! Another good one from that year was, Against Lufkin, I believe it was on wassons 2nd INt, maybe 1st. But anyway, the CB came flying down the Dragon side line, and yours truely kinda got in his was, he put me about 5 feet in the air. It was about 5 mins into the 3rd qrt. And you have access to this game i suggest watching it! But it got me my one an only Varsity Tackle! lol
yeah, it was a great hit by the db. you were equally accepting of the hit. just like there's a reason some kids have to play defense(can't catch), ...... thank goodness you learned how to catch after dodge arrived. are you hitting the ball well? looks like you are detting more reps, last time i looked.

CCHS77
03-29-2006, 11:49 AM
While Im not surprise that the SLC faithful would mention the Waco hit as the Tunas best. Its not my favorite. Picture a sophomore running back in his second varsity start. First Dragon TD drive, stage right, west end of DS against what most Metroplex fans would be a Burleson win over the upstart Dragons. The Elks linebacker (middle?), said to be their best athletic, had an unimpeded path to the backfield on a blitz. Aaron took the normal, single step/ball fake handoff forward and laid said LB on his backside. I never saw that LB come through the line, with any conviction again.

dragonsdaddy
03-29-2006, 11:58 AM
aaron took great pride and pleasure in his blocking, and it showed. that's why he sat with the ol between series.

Miss Kitty
03-29-2006, 01:04 PM
When D08 turned the wrong way while marching and knocked over 3 girls playing in the horn section. I actually think he did it on purpose.

Now that is funny. :D

lonny23
03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
I bet it was the freshmen girls, too!:p

Miss Kitty
03-29-2006, 01:12 PM
The hardest hit I remember was in 1979 Abbott vs. Aquilla. My brother got mad because this kid laughed at him. Apparantly, his pants had gotten torn at some point during the game. The next play they had to carry this kid off the field. My brother came off the field with allot of blood on those torn pants. After that the coach tried to find a way to make him mad every game.

svhorns
03-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Joe Pawelek killed tyler campbell tryin to run up the middle took his helmet right off then the very next play Joe had another hard hit sackin the quarterback

Slim-Rob
03-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Video Clip of Hardest hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjX3rgOxqvY&search=big%20hit)

I hear that Fran has already offered him.;)
ROFL. Dude, what was up with that really big kid in Yellow? (http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/230/thatkidishuge2ne.jpg)

SVite
03-29-2006, 08:11 PM
i guess yall didnt see the hit from burns on the mac QB where he had to be air lifted to the hospital

I saw it! SV put 5 QB`s out last year, that was the worst of the lot...

I was thinking of the hit that Joe Pawelek (SV now Baylor) put on All state RB Wilkerson 2 years ago in the play offs. Pawelek is runaway train, what a motor!

cove_2001
03-29-2006, 10:15 PM
That Lufkin hit on the Cove player was by far the hardest hit I have seen.
There was one time where our LB from 99' T.J Hollowell lined up at RB. He swept to the right and plowed this DB. The DB held on and another guy tackled Hollowell. The hit he layed on that DB made me twitch a little. It was cool to see Hollowell line up at RB.

Cove_2001

CKE
03-30-2006, 12:54 AM
I saw it! SV put 5 QB`s out last year, that was the worst of the lot...

I was thinking of the hit that Joe Pawelek (SV now Baylor) put on All state RB Wilkerson 2 years ago in the play offs. Pawelek is runaway train, what a motor!

i had a front row seat to that one it was crazy. lol right after he hit him he fumbled and joe just jumped up and ran to the side line. he didnt even have to look to know we had the ball after that hit

Gridiron Gopher
03-30-2006, 01:02 AM

By far it was one of the hardest hits I've ever seen.....High School, College or the NFL. What made it so bad is that the QB was just trying to regain his balance. It was ugly. Thank goodness he's ok.

CKE
03-30-2006, 01:16 AM
By far it was one of the hardest hits I've ever seen.....High School, College or the NFL. What made it so bad is that the QB was just trying to regain his balance. It was ugly. Thank goodness he's ok.

yeah he didnt even see it coming until the last Second. im glad he is ok as well

dada
03-30-2006, 08:08 AM
ROFL. Dude, what was up with that really big kid in Yellow? (http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/230/thatkidishuge2ne.jpg)
OMG..is that MY son??? LOL:D

SVite
03-30-2006, 10:22 AM

yeah he had a zig zag run going, and was losing his balance, and when he was just comming up straight ,boom!

We had this discussion here on this site after that hit. All Mac fans were screaming at the SV team to take a knee! This happened again against another team with the fans. I told every body here that SV does`nt even take a knee when one of there own go down! There talking strategy for the next play.When that helicopter was taking off we had the ball,and Mac was just teeing off on SV, and SV gave the ball up on downs, and stole some momentum.Good thing SV had a lead, because Mac came back with a little scare on the score board.

SVite
03-30-2006, 10:28 AM
i had a front row seat to that one it was crazy. lol right after he hit him he fumbled and joe just jumped up and ran to the side line. he didnt even have to look to know we had the ball after that hit

Clark was taking some cheap shots in that game, they just got way behind, and starting playing dirty ball! John Jay had guy this year,on that same field doing the same thing! They did`nt like their season comming to an end!

LoneStarProud
03-30-2006, 10:33 AM
I was a running back but when our middle linebacker got hurt just before the half coach said I was going both ways for the duration. We were playing Arlington Lamar and I remember squaring off with Kerry Tecklinburg (sp).
I remember hitting him square in the numbers then eating a cleat on the way down. You won't see it in any clip anywhere and for that I am eternally grateful.:o

LUFPAN
03-30-2006, 10:42 AM
I got over and undered by a D-lineman and a safety. I woke up three days later in my backyard talking to Elvis. They had to pry the safey's shoe out of my facemask.

CKE
03-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Clark was taking some cheap shots in that game, they just got way behind, and starting playing dirty ball! John Jay had guy this year,on that same field doing the same thing! They did`nt like their season comming to an end!

Taking cheap shots is a under statment with clark. them and taft were the wort to teams i had ever played. during the taft game me and a couple others were pulled out of the game a little early because of the shots. we didnt react or anything because that is the way we are coached but just to be safe coach but in some new people. after the game one of our D line men was standing at the end of the line and didnt even shake the other teams hand. one of the taft players said you beat us and now you wont shake my hand(the guy that said this was one that was giving a bunch of cheap shots). our guy simply said "i hope you started working on your free throws early"

blueraiders11
03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Well in our last game we were losing to Grand Prairie 14-3(lol i know, but we weren't really fired up at all there was nothing to play for) and they punted to us early in the 2nd half, well one of our players caught the ball and took off and DeAndre English just sends a Grand Prairie defender flying about 5 yards back and the pop echoed throughout Pennington Field. That hit turned the game around and they didn't get a 1st down for the whole 2nd half and we won 25-14.

TexasRed6x
03-30-2006, 05:52 PM
One of the harderst hits I have ever seen was in the Semis when Judson Played NS at Rice Stadium. It was on the kickoff to start the game and Judson kicked to NS. The ball was recieved by NS starting QB and he got ripped by the kicker. The game was never the same form then on and Judson went on to beat NS 30-21.

Sr.

SVite
03-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Taking cheap shots is a under statment with clark. them and taft were the wort to teams i had ever played. during the taft game me and a couple others were pulled out of the game a little early because of the shots. we didnt react or anything because that is the way we are coached but just to be safe coach but in some new people. after the game one of our D line men was standing at the end of the line and didnt even shake the other teams hand. one of the taft players said you beat us and now you wont shake my hand(the guy that said this was one that was giving a bunch of cheap shots). our guy simply said "i hope you started working on your free throws early"

You notice thats it`s 27 5A....poor sportmanship district. Just like making the SV fans wait in the rain for tickets before the Clark playoff game,while their booth was open. They like to play head games!

CKE
03-31-2006, 12:52 AM
You notice thats it`s 27 5A....poor sportmanship district. Just like making the SV fans wait in the rain for tickets before the Clark playoff game,while their booth was open. They like to play head games!

well it doesnt help them much does it

thebiggestfan
03-31-2006, 05:58 AM
Last year when The Woodlands played Northshore and it was fourth down and goal and the northshore tried to run the ball in and one of the woodlands guys hit him in the chest one hit him on the legs and flipped him so bad and fumbeled the ball it was amazing

RocklandDragon
03-31-2006, 06:22 AM
How bout that on the site? Get some video footage of these slobber-knockers--put them together--BOOM!!!--The Bell has been Rung!! Awesome High School football hits video.

That'd be tight! :cool:

rich_pack
03-31-2006, 08:03 AM
The Lufkin-CC hit was inreal!!! But Lufkin-South Garland had a hard hit as well, the SG player did not even know where he was at when he stood up.

JackHandey_98
04-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Hands down the hit on Macs QB from SV last year was the hardest hit ive ever seen. Like the guy before....HS, college even pros that was by far the best/worst.It wasnt dirty the QB was stumbling forward and the SV player just ran right through him bending him completely backwards.

McC Insider
04-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Last year when The Woodlands played Northshore and it was fourth down and goal and the northshore tried to run the ball in and one of the woodlands guys hit him in the chest one hit him on the legs and flipped him so bad and fumbeled the ball it was amazing

When North Shore beat the woodlands in the 2003 State Championship game. The hit that Lane put on Amendola. You know, the picture in all the newspapers.

South Texas
04-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Do you mean this one?

http://www.tamez.us/Texas%20High%20School%20Football.html

DW@SunshinePreps
04-06-2006, 11:27 AM
You guys take a look at the 3rd play of this highlight clip. I will try and hunt down a few more that I can think of off the top of my head but I remember this one jumping out quite a bit. Also take a look at the first two plays of the second clip as well.

http://sunshinepreps.net/oldclips/Kenyatta%20Fullilove.wmv
http://64.237.99.126//clips/2007002.wmv

DW@SunshinePreps
04-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Sorry about the video quality of the first clip. Sometimes I get in game footage that is just impossible to work with. I will try and link up some of the big Texas hits that I can recall. If and when Brad gets on today maybe he can link some up.

nsmustang
04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Do you mean this one?

http://www.tamez.us/Texas%20High%20School%20Football.html

I had a sideline pass to that title game and the hits that were going on all during the game were monsters. From the very start, right in front of me on the first play of the game I watched a NS corner hammer a TWHS wideout so hard he raised him up off the ground and flipped him backwards. The NS corner was not even concerned where the ball was, it could've been coming right by him. All he wanted to do was crush the receiver. Aymond likes to hit and hit hard win or lose.

Bigdawg33
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Herb City MHS safety hits an Arlington Lamar wr in a playoff game in the Alamodome 2002.
Helmet goes flying, pad come out of the helmet, wow.
game stopped for a while after a another AL player knocked out.
Same game AL rb gets his leg broken

If you were there you remember.

Dawg Fan
04-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Herb City MHS safety hits an Arlington Lamar wr in a playoff game in the Alamodome 2002.
Helmet goes flying, pad come out of the helmet, wow.
game stopped for a while after a another AL player knocked out.
Same game AL rb gets his leg broken

If you were there you remember.

I don't remember a Arlington Lamar player breaking a leg but I remember the broken arm that came against Tyler Lee to their RB. Wasn't a cheap shot, the QB threw a high pass and the defender undercut the rb and he landed wrong which caused the break. The hit in the Arlington Lamar game on that mouthy receiver was devastating and shut him up after he came to.

Packattack94
04-06-2006, 08:01 PM
The hardest hit I EVER saw was Lufkin playing longview in '04. Lufkin was driving, Javorski Lane lined up in slot (left) lufkin had a busted play and Qb (Smallwood) swept left with two lobos in persuit. Lane saw, stopped, and went right and hit the boy so hard, he actually flew atleast 5 yds into the second lobo.
Smallwood was sacked, but nobody saw, we were lall aughing at what Lane had done to those two kids.

LUFPAN
04-06-2006, 08:43 PM
The hardest hit I EVER saw was Lufkin playing longview in '04. Lufkin was driving, Javorski Lane lined up in slot (left) lufkin had a busted play and Qb (Smallwood) swept left with two lobos in persuit. Lane saw, stopped, and went right and hit the boy so hard, he actually flew atleast 5 yds into the second lobo.
Smallwood was sacked, but nobody saw, we were lall aughing at what Lane had done to those two kids.

I remember the audible gasp that went up from the crowd on that hit. Everyone was wondering whether that poor kid would get back up. Tough Kid to take a hit like that and walk away.

I still think the Shankle hit in the Cove game was tougher. Somebody with 4.3speed hitting you in the earhole on your blindside....nasty.

Nukka Nilla
04-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Big JA#15 from SLC could block and hit better then any1 in Carroll history. The kidd seemed to crack back on long runs atleast once a game and just absolutely murder an innocent bystander

Kingwolf
04-06-2006, 10:46 PM
1996 state quaterfinals. Longview and Killeen Ellison. I believe it was Lee Jackson who HIT Reggie Duncan(?), rb for Ellison. The game was almost over but Ellison was undefeated and trying to erase the goose egg on the board. Reggie was hit so hard at the five yard line he was out cold for more than 5 minutes. He was completely leveled by that hit, I really thought he was a goner. That was a nasty hit. Also last year when that WR for Rockwall was taken off of his feet and had to be taken out on a back board by EMS at Lobo stadium.