PDA

View Full Version : Need some Function Organizing Info

twcpfan1
01-11-2011, 07:14 PM
If you've had experience organizing a banquet/reception/party for about 100 people at a hotel or similar, I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to give me a ballpark figure on the cost of room rental, food (it's an afternoon event so snacks and finger food I guess), DJ etc. I could call The Catering Managers but all of them have gone home.

The Marriot generally has a ton of function rooms. Are they a good option? It seems like everytime I attend a function, it's always at the Marriot. Wouldn't mind hearing about your experience at other hotels

SWMHebron
01-11-2011, 07:59 PM
When SWM daughter was in drill team we had several events at Embassy Suites and were always pleased. We were fortunate to have a dad involved in the hotel industry so got really good pricing so I can't address what you might get elsewhere.

mad_fan
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Only thing I've put together was mad_dad's 80th birthday...
Privately owned hotel(one night paid)...catered dinner...open bar...
$12,000/40=$300 per head...
But we're Irish...
Without the open bar...???

twcpfan1
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
When SWM daughter was in drill team we had several events at Embassy Suites and were always pleased. We were fortunate to have a dad involved in the hotel industry so got really good pricing so I can't address what you might get elsewhere.

Thanks, the Embassy Suites always have nice properties. I might give them a call.

mad_fan, as far as I know, no alcohol at this function.

JagFan
01-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I have been invovled with our football banquet and planning my dad's 80th birthday party. For finger foods and snacks figure about 8 to 10 dollars a head. DJ call around and ask for a CD of their work and listen to it. For 3 to 4 hours I would guess about $500.00. Room rental varies but Emabassy suites are very good as are the Hilton chains.